Green Room

Go Ahead, Make His Day

posted at 8:16 am on April 21, 2009 by

Damn I miss that guy. But we don’t have to miss him, he hasn’t gone away. Cheney to Obama: Release all the memos, you sanctimonious wimp.

OK, that’s not exactly how he said it. via Drudge:

“One of the things that I find a little bit disturbing about this recent disclosure is they put out the legal memos, the memos that the CIA got from the Office of Legal Counsel, but they didn’t put out the memos that showed the success of the effort. And there are reports that show specifically what we gained as a result of this activity. They have not been declassified.”

“I formally asked that they be declassified now. I haven’t announced this up until now, I haven’t talked about it, but I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country.”

“And I’ve now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was, as well as to see this debate over the legal opinions.”

Well, sounds good, but the handwringing, shorts-in-a-twist crowd isn’t much interested in that. For 40-odd years now, they haven’t been invested in the defense of America, or even the defense of American values that they are now squawking about. It’s been about denying America, disparaging America, showing how indefensible America is, and when they finally have something as good as waterboarding to pour over the strapped-down right wing’s collective face, they’ll hardly want to mess that up with extraneous details. Especially extraneous details that mess up the preferred Bush-made-us-less-safe storyline.

You’ll never guess who’s on board with it, who’s in a stunned silence and who’s blabbering incoherently. I dunno, maybe you can. Discussion and links.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Finally an adult enters the equation.

Fuquay Steve on April 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.