Green Room

Meghan McCain’s “Storm of Insanity”

posted at 1:26 pm on April 20, 2009 by

Oh, Meghan, Meghan, Meghan. I do not understand why this girl is still talking.

[B]etween you and me, many of the people in this business tend to take themselves entirely too seriously. I wanted to break out of that.

I am concerned about the environment. I love to wear black. I think government is best when it stays out of people’s lives and business as much as possible. I love punk rock. I believe in a strong national defense. I have a tattoo. I believe government should always be efficient and accountable. I have lots of gay friends. And yes, I am a Republican.

You know, all of this describes me too. Except she apparently thinks that these things make her so very, very unique. (I thought that too, once. When I was twelve.) I would guess that at least 15% of Republicans under age 50 fit this mold. Take out the (aware of) gay friends part and you’re up to about 25%.

But the rest of us aren’t asking the whole party to conform to our beliefs. We know we’re the outliers. And we also know that running a moderate as our leader doesn’t work — the moderate we ran last time (I believe Meghan may have met him once or twice) couldn’t even beat a man with ties to domestic terrorists and no leadership experience.

Asking the entire Republican party to be like us, that’s like being the only vegetarian invited to a party, and demanding that the entire menu be changed so that no one else can eat meat either.

It’s not just stupid, it’s rude.

Update: One last thing, she actually said “My hair stylist, Josh Rupley who is here tonight and a proud new member of the Log Cabin Republicans.” Come on, really? She couldn’t find anyone except her freaking hairstylist? You ponderous, stereotyping hag. Please stop trying to sound outré. You’re not helping.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Broken kneecaps aside, what is it going to take for you to end this non-affair affair?

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Oh, I know:

A video of Meghan and Margaret Cho making out?

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM

No affair. I just appreciate MMc meaning well, no matter how awful that might turn out in practice.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Nancy Pelosi means well. But, you don’t appear to appreciate her?

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Margaret Cho means well. How come you aren’t bombarding us with Cho photos?

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I love to wear black.

Of course you do, dear. Given the Arizona sun, that explains your condition.

Feedie on April 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM

You know, I stopped following her today on twitter… just didn’t want to be called a “creep“…

ujorge on April 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM

You ponderous, stereotyping hag

I think I hurt myself laughing. Thanks very much, and good night.

oldleprechaun on April 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM

The looney bins are full of people who claim to be something they are not. Saying you are a Republican does not make you a Republican. It’s like being an alchoholic, if you want to one, you need to do some drinking.

pgrossjr on April 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM

She wants to be famous…pose for playboy, after losing weight, and be done with it…

I don’t care what she says, at least it is one more repub….we need anyone..hobos……….

nondhimmie on April 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM

nondhimmie on April 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM

No, gotta have a brain..that’s where the line is.

AUINSC on April 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I’LL PUNCH YOUR HEART OUT.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

MegMeg is the Paris Hilton of politics: only famous for her last name.

jimmy the notable on April 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Wow. Tanya called AP’s fake girlfriend a hag. The girl calls ‘em as she sees ‘em.

TANYA IS BANNED.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM

AllahP going all LGF on us?

(will this get me a double banning?)

geckomon on April 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I think we’re pretty much reached the point where the only difference between Paris Hilton and Meghan McCain is most conservatives would rather hear what Paris has to say.

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Megs:

1.Don’t steal my associations, poopie pants.
2.I’m proud of your introspection here. The only question is, why do you keep talking?

TTheoLogan on April 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I’LL PUNCH YOUR HEART OUT.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Yeah, like you wouldn’t be first in line to buy it.

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Bravo Tanya

chicagojedi on April 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

To be honest, I find Rove’s Tweets boring.

Right. And posting over and over that you like to wear black is? What a bimbo.

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Memo to the GOP: Go Gay
by Meghan McCain

Memo to Meghan McCain: Go Away
by the GOP

Blake on April 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Who fed AP “Frosted Sense of Humor Flakes?”

Own up!

Merovign on April 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM

TANYA IS BANNED.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM

(& followup AP posts)

LOL. Nice. /golfclap

CatsGodot on April 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Thank You Tanya.

HondaV65 on April 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Megan is what I would call a progressive Republican. In other words someone who through a lack of courage or indecisiveness clings to the idea that they are a Republican despite displaying all of the behavior and ideology of a democrat.

In Megan’s case I think if it wasn’t for the fact that her father is a Republican Senator she would either be a registered Democrat or like most young people of her particular socioeconomic status be a non participant in the national political discourse.

In other words her circumstances mean that she is a Republican by default and she doesn’t have the courage to go against those circumstances and become the progressive Democrat that she actually is. In fact I would probably respect her more if she did defect to the Democrats because at least then she would be being true to her beliefs. However because she cannot or will not go against those circumstances in order to be true to her political beliefs she instead is trying to nudge the Republican party in a direction that makes her feel more comfortable.

Dreadnought223 on April 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Dude. Meghan is so freaking HOT….. I’m down with her thinking she’s where the party needs to go – as long as she’ll still accept me for who I am. Which, unfortunately, doesn’t sound like she’s able to do. She may want to be careful, it almost sounds like she’s becoming more divisive everyday……..

KMC1 on April 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

LEAVE MEGHAN ALONE!

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM

LOL Like that kid on YouTube defending Britney… Allah who knew you had such a sense of humor!

CCRWM on April 20, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Tanya do you think the GOP is going to split in half?
I mean….you don’t want Meghan and Frum and Colin Powell and David Brooks.
You call them RINOS and traitors.
Charles Johnson gets trashed at all the rightwing sites for defending ToE.
Reihan and Ross and the rightside haut intellectual elite don’t even mention you (teh base).

Are you even in the same party anymore?

strangelet on April 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Perfect, Tanya.

“Some of my bestest friends are gay…like…uh…my gay hairdresser!”

OMG. I have more gay friends at my Christian church than this phony skank.

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Equally perfect. And yet AP can’t seem to pull the trigger. And the screen caps would be measurably improved wtf? Beta boys…

Jaibones on April 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

strangelet on April 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Spare us your faux concern, strange. Your little coalition of lefties, race victims, illegal aliens, gangsters and idiots is in exactly the same position the right was ten years ago, hilariously predicting the end of the opposition party.

Jaibones on April 20, 2009 at 11:29 PM

TANYA IS BANNED.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Heh. I am picturing Miss M sweating herself ill while dressed in black in the 112 degree Phoenix sun, and combating donut cravings with some sort of Clockwork Orange brainwashing that makes her vomit up the rice cakes she eats for lunch.

Poor thing. I’m sure her hair dresser could help her do this right, if she’d only trust him.

Jaibones on April 20, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Jaibones on April 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Don’t get me wrong. I’d still hit it in a minute.

I’d just be saying “shut up” every five seconds during.

MadisonConservative on April 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hooray for Tanya!

clnurnberg on April 20, 2009 at 11:57 PM

My hair was purple back in 1985. My entire wardrobe is based around black. My husband and I keep the kids entertained with the stories from our punk days (actual punk, not the new stuff they try to endow with 10% more edginess by calling it that) – the time I saw PIL at the Motor City Roller Rink and John Lydon graced my friend with his spit, the time my husband punched Jello Biafra in a bar because he was being a dick – the real thing, before it was mainstream, and before it was considered cool by anyone except us.

My best pal at college was gay, and never once did my hair. So was my first serious boyfriend, though his sexual orientation was more of a problem for me than a badge of inclusiveness. Living in a completely integrated area, my friends are of many colors, creeds, and I’m sure they all have a sexual quirk, or two.

So what Meghan? That’s just life. You interact with people, you try something new, you listen to the music you like, eat the foods you like, then wake up tomorrow and try something else that’s new. There’s no Conservative Rulebook that discourages any of this, therefore, conservatives that like this sort of life tend to live this way.

I’m starting to think that this is more about Meghan McCain wanting to feel “special”, so she props up the anti-conservative stereotypes in order to contrast herself from them, and be the trendsetter that leads the rest of us out of the wilderness.

Fuck you Meghan. Those stereotypes are lies and propaganda. Conservatism isn’t a lifestyle, it’s a set of principles, none of which dictate your personal music or fashion choices.

Ask Johnny Ramone. I dare ya.

ral514 on April 21, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I seriously can’t stand this idiot Missy McCain. I wish she’d shut up already.

She’s either trying to convince everyone (and herself) that this is some sort of winning formula and she’s a genius (big fat ROFL there) or she’s trying to get face time doing what she thinks is the populist thing to do…maybe she thinks she can be leader of the populists. More like leader of the pimplests.

Someone please tell her she ain’t cool, just shut the f* up and go back to school until maturity kicks in. She isn’t making any liberal friends by doing this idiotic routine, they’re laughing at her behind her back. (Ok, her WIDE back)

oink. go away.

Spiritk9 on April 21, 2009 at 3:04 AM

I’LL PUNCH YOUR HEART OUT.

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Kini on April 21, 2009 at 4:14 AM

LEAVE MEGHAN ALONE!

Allahpundit on April 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM

gag.

Mommypundit on April 21, 2009 at 6:20 AM

The formula for victory is simple, the economic conservatives support the social conservative, the republicans win and everybody gets what they want.

scrubjay on April 21, 2009 at 6:22 AM

Tanya do you think the GOP is going to split in half?
I mean….you don’t want Meghan and Frum and Colin Powell and David Brooks.
You call them RINOS and traitors.
Charles Johnson gets trashed at all the rightwing sites for defending ToE.

Are you even in the same party anymore?

strangelet on April 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Try to keep up, mmk?

We won decisively with Bush, THE SECOND TERM, mind you. We believed him, supported the mission and he won. However, he turned a serious left turn and started pushing amnesty and then democrats won majorities and the budget was shot to pieces by that point. With me so far?

CONSERVATIVE SOCIAL IDEAS DID NOT LOSE.

Enter Barack Obama. He ran about as moderate as he could. He dodged all his sketchy past statements, miniscule voting record and friends. He posted a misleading PRO LIFE SITE and came out AGAINST gay marriage. Traditional marriage initiatives succeeded in heavily pro Obama areas.

All the while, we get a defunct nominee who won in OPEN PRIMARIES due to leftist Operation Chaos, largely, thus…DADDY DEAREST.

I saw the danger in an Obama presidency and loved Sarah’s energy and experience, so, I worked for the campaign. HOWEVER, I encountered many in my state of NC who refused to vote…or wrote in a candidate…they were that pissed that McCain got the nod. No matter HOW he ran to the center, true conservatives who have CARRIED THIS PARTY would not forget.

THEY DIDN’T VOTE.

We cannot do this again.

Mommypundit on April 21, 2009 at 6:29 AM

scrubjay on April 21, 2009 at 6:22 AM

Most social conservatives aren’t into social engineering, either. They (largely) believe in letting the ballot box determine things unless it’s a wholesale takeover of the majority by the few, thus the marriage amendment talk. For all the fear of moral imposition, the party who ACTUALLY, tyrannically does this IS NOT THE RIGHT.

Mommypundit on April 21, 2009 at 6:33 AM

MP….but the Party is not going to run Sarah.
The intellectual wing is against her, like Reihan Salam who just turned on her after supporting her.
Gingrich is against her, McCain is against her.
Look what Gingrich said in Christianity Today–

You didn’t mention Sarah Palin.
Sarah Palin has an obvious role if she wants it. The question for her has to be, are she and her family willing to go through another couple of years of the kind of media coverage that they currently get? Is she willing to do the kind of development of national issues and development of a national profile that would be required? She is a celebrity in her own right. She is probably the most successful figure in the party right now, and she’s a formidable figure. I think to go from there to becoming a national leader would take a significant amount of work.

McCain won’t even endorse her and she was his running mate.
Do you think the base can force Sarah as the candidate?

strangelet on April 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM

“Some of my bestest friends are gay…like…uh…my gay hairdresser!”

OMG. I have more gay friends at my Christian church than this phony skank.

Jaibones on April 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Right? She says she has one Jewish friend too. So I guess we know who’s leading the Seder next year.

Tanya on April 21, 2009 at 7:44 AM

I just checked and Karl Rove is following 38,650 people. He doesn’t have an exclusive club of people whom he follows; he’s generous that way.

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM

O…K. That still doesn’t mean Hot Air is the reason she’s famous. Karl Rove follows many people, great, but that doesn’t mean he’d follow my Twits. And it wasn’t Karl Rove or Hot Air posts who got her on Larry King Live.

Give me a break.