Green Room

Here’s why Jon Stewart is a hack

posted at 2:28 pm on April 19, 2009 by

Not only did this FBN guy recognize that the Republicans share the blame, but he then gave an accurate definition of fascism. All of which The Daily Show edited out because it didn’t fit their narrative. If you want to mock this dude’s goofy hair and voice, fine. But what Stewart did was blatantly dishonest, and it’s why I don’t watch his stupid show anymore.

“But he’s just a comedian!” Well, he’s a pundit when he wants people to listen to his political opinions. Then he becomes a comedian when he wants to deflect criticism of that punditry. Clown nose off, clown nose on.

Stop falling for it. Jon Stewart stinks.

P.S. Note that Cody Willard responded to this criticism by placing his comment back in the context Jon Stewart took out, not by trying to remove it from the public debate. Are you paying attention, CNN?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Stewart’s slacker crowd will never see Cody’s response. Fox ya know!

d1carter on April 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM

He’s been hiding behind that ‘fake news’ schtick for too long. If he’s fake, or unserious, why do people have to go on his show to defend themselves like Jim Cramer, et al.

Free Constitution on April 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I don’t watch that fool except when I see video.
Treacher, what happened to the “Mother may I sleep with Treacher” line? I thought that was pretty unique.

abinitioadinfinitum on April 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Mr. Stewart is becoming more and more transparent and his demographic will not be fooled for much longer.

Cindy Munford on April 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

abinitioadinfinitum on April 19, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Tori Spelling made me take it down.

Jim Treacher on April 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Stewart’s star is in freefall. The Obama era has shown he only has selected targets, instead of being the nonpartisan he paints himself as. Clown indeed. Clowns are scary.

thebrokenrattle on April 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Its hard to be more of a jackass than Stewart is these days. Talk about a hack job.

Big Orange on April 20, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I would be interested to see how Stewart/Colbert Stand up to Glenn on the West coast when his show Re-air’s at 11pm. I’m sure Beck doesn’t win but i bet he has cut into their ratings a bit.

Dragoonchris on April 21, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Stewart-O’Brien-Letterman

A new Axis of Weasels.

silverfox on April 21, 2009 at 7:09 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…