Napolitano: Wrong about McVeigh and wrong about Veterans
posted at 5:11 am on April 17, 2009 by gatewaypundit
“Unfortunately [McVeigh] was a vet, that’s where he got his training and so when I was told about the report, it rang true with me, this has happened in the past. That is a far cry, however, from saying veterans somehow are at risk.”
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano
Defending her memo accusing veterans of becoming terrorists
April 16, 2009
Unfortunately, we have a DHS Secretary who has no idea what she’s talking about.
Timothy McVeigh was a top-scoring gunner with the 25 mm cannon of the Bradley Fighting Vehicles used by the U.S. 1st Infantry Division to which he was assigned. He was trained as a gunner. He was not trained in bomb-making.
McVeigh did not use his training in the service to blow up the the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City. He learned about making bombs after he left the service.
Napolitano was not only wrong about the millions of US veterans with her offensive memo. She was also wrong about Timothy McVeigh.
Hat Tip: Joe.
Cross-posted at Gateway Pundit.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained