posted at 9:22 am on April 14, 2009 by Jules Crittenden
Turns out you don’t have to change the Spongebob lyrics much to get a rollicking sea shanty about Obama’s pirate adventure. As sung by Capn Hillary “Barnacle o’ Bill” Clinton, who will be part of a 24-nation response group on Somali piracy, formed under United Nations auspices:
Are ya ready, kids?
Aye Aye, Madam Secretary!
I CAN’T HEEARRR YOU!
AYE AYE, MADAM SECRETARY!
Ohhhhhh! Who lives in the White House in Washington DC?
Absorbant and yellow and porous is he …
If nautical nonsense be somethin you wish,
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
His fan club says 3 dead pirates shows that he’s tough
But we haven’t seen yet if he’s tough enough!
Enough cruel mockery. This is serious business. After all, it’s all about the leadership of the free world, and a Free World Leadership Opportunity just knocked. Gotta answer that one. Good news is, the New Bloodthirstiness is “in.”
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained