“Walking Dead” grumble thread: Thinning the herd

posted at 9:21 pm on February 15, 2016 by Allahpundit

Is an episode with two great scenes by definition a great episode? If so, last night was great. The opening bit with Negan’s gang terrorizing Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham was one of the most suspenseful the series has ever done and conspicuously well acted. One of the online reviews I read compared the lead biker’s razor’s-edge demeanor to a Gary Oldman performance, which was on the mark. I’m sorry to see him go so soon as he would have made a fine recurring henchman once Negan takes center stage. In fact, for all the grumbling I do about how wooden the main characters have become, TWD has done a nifty job of finding talented actors for memorable bit parts. The lead biker was one; the Dave-Grohl-lookalike Wolf, superbly played by Aussie Benedict Samuel, is another. Last season’s standouts included Morgan’s mentor, who taught him tai chi, and the sinister guy in the baseball cap trapped in the cabin with Tyrese. I’m not going to start whining again that TWD would have been better off as an anthology series but wouldn’t you have rather followed those guys around for an hour instead of enduring the latest tedious deus ex machina in which Glenn escapes the zombies at the last possible moment? Seriously, how many more “oh no, he’s about to get chomped” fake-outs must we endure before Negan finally puts this poor bastard out of his misery?

The killer scene (literally!) last night, though, was Jessie, Sam, and the other kid getting eaten alive right in front of Rick, Michonne, and Carl. Am I correct in thinking that TWD has never actually showed a small child being devoured before? That was one of the few remaining taboos, along with rape, in a show that’s all about rejecting conventions involving extreme gore on TV and the ruthless purging of core characters. You can turn kids into zombies (most memorably, Carol’s daughter Sophia) but you do not turn them into zombie chow. So much for that. The master stroke in that scene was how it forced the survivors to suppress their impulse to intervene at the risk of revealing themselves to the zombies and instead passively and silently watch their friends being torn apart within arm’s reach. It was the most brutal survival lesson they’ve ever done, I think, in that only the hardened survivors from the Grimes gang were able to force themselves to keep quiet in the name of self-preservation. It didn’t ring true — everything we know about Rambo Rick suggests he would have intervened impetuously to try to save his love interest (and succeeded) — but it worked regardless. This was a rare case, though, where I thought the scene would have been more effective if one character wasn’t killed off. Namely, imagine how gut-wrenching it would have been if Jessie had managed to stifle her screams to protect herself as her little boy was ripped to pieces in front of her. She’d showed flashes of having what it takes to become a survivor in the last few episodes; nothing would have crowned her as a core character worthy of the Grimes gang bad-asses quite like restraining herself as her child was cannibalized. I’m surprised the writers cashiered her so soon after investing so much in building her up. Ah well.

As for the rest of the episode, given TWD’s notorious rap for slow pacing and talkiness we can’t grumble much about an hour that was relentlessly active. All I’ll say is that the last 15 minutes, when Rambo Rick returned and he and the rest of the gang ridiculously chopped their way through thousands of zombies in a frenzy, was tolerable only because the two scenes I mentioned above were so strong. Rick going hog wild on the zombies reminded me of the end of “Mars Attacks!”, when Jim Brown’s finally had enough of the aliens’ crap and decides to take them on with his bare hands — and, being the hero, naturally prevails. The difference is that “Mars Attacks!” was goofing on the idea of the alpha-male protagonist who can overcome any odds through sheer will whereas TWD really seems to buy that model. Except, as I say, when it came to Jessie and Rick was forced to stand down. It’ll be awhile before they uncork another scene that good.

Comments

…excellent rendition of “Take It Easy” by the remaining Eagles and Jackson Browne at the Grammy’s…RIP Glenn…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Bishop!

Galtian on February 15, 2016 at 9:26 PM

No comment.

Rebar on February 15, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Rick is a wimp! Except for the last few minutes.

And Dawruhl was stupid to waste that second rocket.

Bummer, gonna’ miss doin’ that.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Never pay a dime again for razors!

anotherJoe on February 15, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Leave Rick Grimes alone! And Daryl Dixon as well, you coward!

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM

It’s dead Jim.

Walter L. Newton on February 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Thinning the herd is an apt theme in more ways than one.

Disturb the Universe on February 15, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Grumbling because this will be the last grumble thread.

jazzuscounty on February 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Been waiting all day for this, and now that it’s here I’m just sad.

smokeyblonde on February 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM

The punks on bikes getting taken out …sweet.

CwFTW on February 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM

The whole thing with the kid and mom getting ripped apart in front of the group and then the Grimes gang going all Rambo is one of the few instances where the show has stayed true to the comic…

Queasy on February 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM

You remind me of my ex coz. Puss8ws, both of you.

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

claudius enters stage right

Holy crap a Walking Dead thread!

So, why did Negan tell them to go from the back of the truck forward looking for stuff? It was a fuel truck.

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

One last grumble thread I can comment on. Still haven’t seen the show. After Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and Mad Man I need a few years off.

rbj on February 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

I’ll miss these Walking Dead threads. And the rest of HotAir. Damn Salem.

MassConservative on February 15, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Yeah… definitely time for me to leave this site. I have nothing in common with you guys.

Magicjava on February 15, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Yep, Queasy. ….

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Thinning the herd is an apt theme in more ways than one.

Disturb the Universe on February 15, 2016 at 9:29 PM

That was exactly my thought when I read it, and that the wording wasn’t an accident.

RockyMtnGirl on February 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

I’ve always heard, you are what you eat…

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Thinning the heard?

Count me thinned.

TXUS on February 15, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Magicjava on February 15, 2016 at 9:33 PM

If you prick us do we not bleed?

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 9:35 PM

rbj on February 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

…heh…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Rick, literally killed off a whole family.

Lots of luck with the comments on that fact come tomorrow.

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 9:36 PM

By tomorrow evening, this time, this blog will be following the TWD word for word….desolated and self-destructive…

Oh wait… it already is.. my bad.

Mcguyver on February 15, 2016 at 9:36 PM

AP, Rick didn’t intervene to save her in the comics. You really don’t get it. Since I won’t be commenting anymore. Have a good night and a good life.

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Not if you’re a zombie.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM

[comment deleted-user banned]

Mark Z.

fossten on February 15, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Count me thinned.

TXUS on February 15, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Add another here…

CTSherman on February 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Thinning the herd is an apt theme in more ways than one.

Disturb the Universe on February 15, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Yep. But think of the diversity of the herd as a result.

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Facebook is data mining garbage, but still able to get around it to post. Set up an account only for posting with a slight variation on your name (like middle name) & don’t have any friends.

Also, don’t forget to lock up the account for searches.

kim roy on February 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Coz, I don’t eat that. Bring me your d!ck and we can talk.

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Jessie being eaten was disappointing, but damn happy to see Sam and his snot-nosed, whiney-ass bro become zombie chow!

And for probably the last time ever …

Leave Rick ALONE!!!!

smokeyblonde on February 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Oh sh*t, I just spit my drink all over the place.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM

A “Walking Dead” thread on Hot Air’s last night?

Allahpundit, most of us don’t give a sh!t.

Right Mover on February 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM

It was nice to talk to y’all on the last grumble thread I will post on. Leave Rick Grimes alone and Daryl Dixon is.not stupid.

Good night all, and good bye y’all.

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Not if you’re a zombie.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM

They bleed some sort of putrified dark liquid, one of the mysteries of the zombie world.

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Vanity Dead at 57, Prince Protege Known for ‘Nasty Girl’ – See more at: http://www.thewrap.com/prince-protege-vanity-dead-at-57/#.dpuf

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Oh sh*t, I just spit my drink all over the place.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Don’t ever tell me you don’t get offers, dude… I just saw one, right here.

ExpressoBold on February 15, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Dang, I remember it was a pretty big deal when she posed for Playboy.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:50 PM

The Kos kids will run roughshod in the Hot Air comments like walkers through Alexandria tomorrow.

Valiant on February 15, 2016 at 9:50 PM

I would love to see a gang of 8 survivors set up a chokepoint and just chop the dead to pieces. I want to see them set up a plan to just kill hundreds of walkers at once. I want to see them being smart for a change, instead of just reacting to the insanity around them.

Rick’s poor planning is responsible for everyone dying.

Nethicus on February 15, 2016 at 9:51 PM

ExpressoBold on February 15, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Yeah, but what kind of offer?

I pictured her with nippers and Teriyaki sauce.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:52 PM

“Thinning the herd”… a rather appropriate title for a day when HA is literally thinning its own herd…

Aslans Girl on February 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM

So, Negan still lurks. I thought that was him and they were going off in some happy direction for awhile. What a fool I’ve been! No wonder I supported Romney. Perhaps I need a guardian.

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Valiant on February 15, 2016 at 9:50 PM

True dat! It will be a horrible sight. I tried posting on Huff’nPuff for awhile and it was not pleasant.

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM

I’d assumed the biker was Negan and thought “Well this guy didn’t even last as long as Gareth”.

FryingPanHead on February 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Thinning the herd. Sounds like tomorrow when the comments switch.

lorien1973 on February 15, 2016 at 10:00 PM

A “Walking Dead” thread on Hot Air’s last night?

Allahpundit, most of us don’t give a sh!t.

Right Mover on February 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Most of don’t use Huffington Post as our main source of info either, but that doesn’t stop AP from spamming that crap all day every day.

Magicjava on February 15, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Most of us hate Facebook, but nobody cares. Go DIAF.

Disturb the Universe on February 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Really hurts me to say this, because I was soooo waiting for this…but you f**ked up, Hotair. It was fun to be a part of this community while it lasted, when it actually wasn’t a crappy sellout shell of what Michelle built. I can’t believe the total disrespect for your long term readership. It used to be an honor to comment here.

NO COMMENT.

Bee on February 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Good night all, and good bye y’all.

ladyingray on February 15, 2016 at 9:44 PM

We had our fun back in the days. Good to meet you, very sad that HA is doing this to us. Good bye, LIG.

Bee on February 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM

I pictured her with nippers and Teriyaki sauce.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 9:52 PM

LOL
She’s a nurse, not Dr. Hannibal Lecter! Feel free to offer her Chianti… a nice one.

ExpressoBold on February 15, 2016 at 10:08 PM

NO COMMENT.

“LIKE” if you wont be seeing HotAir, but WILL be seeing The Walking Dead.

“Share” if you aren’t a walker.

Andy__B on February 15, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on Salem Communications’s media platforms. Learn more.

Kensington on February 15, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Facebook is data mining garbage, but still able to get around it to post.

I’ve tried this for other purposes. Not worth it. It’s great if you don’t actually use Facebook, but if you’re like the average person (i.e. you check your real Facebook frequently for social reasons), it doesn’t work. It’s too hard to remember to log out of Facebook every time you’re done using it, so FB doesn’t auto-log you into Hot Air.

And it’s certainly not worth the time and aggravation to participate in a shell of a website, whose community of commenters has been replaced by a few brain-dead mouth breathers too dumb to realize they shouldn’t be using their real Facebook account to leave comments.

TimesUp on February 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Bee on February 15, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Beautifully put.

Kensington on February 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM

You missed the most OBVIOUS flaw. Why the HELL didn’t someone in the fighting phalanx yell to start moving TOWARD THE ARMORY!??
Guns & ammo would have made things a WHOLE lot easier.

michaelo on February 15, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Well, I ain’t one wish ill on people, except for maybe grow fins.

So to the powers that be here, and the rest of y’all losers who kept me occupied, live long and prosper, or whatever it is that works for you.

Adios mofo’s, I’ll be in my bunk.

cozmo on February 15, 2016 at 10:34 PM

So long, Hot Airians. It was fun while it lasted. Good Night, and Good Luck.

azsundevil on February 15, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Rick, literally killed off a whole family.

Lots of luck with the comments on that fact come tomorrow.

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Hey Happy, you and Working Artist were two of my fav’s here.

Vaya Con Dios.

budfox on February 15, 2016 at 10:53 PM

Re: Walking Dead Grumble.

I like the metaphor.

We, the last survivors, are sold out to the FB zombies.

budfox on February 15, 2016 at 10:54 PM

It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

Charles Darwin

This is the “scientific” basis for National Socialism and Eugenics.

Goodnight and goodluck.

No comment

Rode Werk on February 15, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Guns & ammo would have made things a WHOLE lot easier.

michaelo on February 15, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Probably the same reason they didn’t get ahold of decent weapons until about 2 seasons ago, and why they don’t get any quality military vehicles. Think what a recent 5 ton military truck could do for them.

claudius on February 15, 2016 at 10:57 PM

The irony….it drips.

tanked59 on February 15, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Glad the blonde and her lame kids died. Carol was awesome, as usual, picking off the Dave Grohl wannabe, right after he does something redeeming. The fat doctor chick shakes it off and gets down to the business of saving Karl. Everyone finds their inner Alpha or dies. It was a good episode.

Disturb the Universe on February 15, 2016 at 11:00 PM

This will likely be the last for me, but since I have posted in most of the WD grumble threads I figure I will throw my two cents in. Hate they got rid of the blonde chick. I found her interesting and pretty. Loved the action, especially the first out of the blue explosion. However, I thought the direction was weak. Rick letting the rev take his kid? Going from day to night in the blink of an eye. A bunch of inexperienced losers going 500-500 without getting bit? While 3-4 got bit in those woods a few weeks earlier when there was almost no walkers? Many more little complaints. But boy was there action. Will be interesting to see junior in his Governor look.

As for this site, AP was the main reason to visit. I think he became more conservative over time. And he wrote interesting things. Thanks. With that said, FACEBOOK? SCREW YOU LIBERAL GREEDY BASTARDS! Ban me if you want punks. Out.

KMav on February 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM

TimesUp on February 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM

I comment under my real name here. I have no problem with what I post being attached to my name & standing behind it.

Should have offered the choice of using Discus,but their site, their rules. Will be interesting, tho.

kim roy on February 15, 2016 at 11:21 PM

I have no FB account and not gonna make one. That said, AP’s TWD Grumble Threads are a great reason to visit here. May still come here just to read these. No other reason though. I get more up to date news on twitter these days. L8er

kerrhome on February 15, 2016 at 11:24 PM

This completely and totally sucks monkey testes as LOVE TWD Grumble thread! Love you all – even the Rick and Daryl haters! :)

Will do this thread by thread until the bitter and cowardly end …

[Comment deleted, user banned — Ed]

smokeyblonde on February 15, 2016 at 11:30 PM

Before I commence with the Walking Dead commentary, as soon as Hot Air switches to Facebook for commenting (as was mentioned on an older post), I don’t think I will be posting to Hot Air anymore.

Facebook does not allow for people to post under pen names. I don’t want to post under my real one.

I don’t understand why Hot Air doesn’t go with Disqus instead, since Disqus permits fake names and sign ups under different e-mail addresses.

I guess this will be the last Hot Air Walking Dead thread I post to, which is a shame, because I’ve had a lot of fun commenting on these the last few years.

Tiger Paw

TigerPaw on February 15, 2016 at 11:31 PM

AP said:

Seriously, how many more “oh no, he’s [Glenn] about to get chomped” fake-outs must we endure before Negan finally puts this poor bastard out of his misery?

They may not follow the comics exactly, which means it may be a different character who gets the ball bat to the head, not Glenn.

If I remember correctly, Norman Reedus (who plays Daryl Dixon) has a new show in the works, I think for AMC – it’s a show about motorcycles. Maybe the show writers have Daryl bumped off instead, and are bringing the actor back on the motorcycle show as a compensation to all the Daryl fans out there?

I would hate to see the Daryl character go, however. He’s one of my favorites on the show.

AP said,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thin, the people who made the show said there are laws or network rules that say they cannot show a kid being shot? But I guess there is no rule about kids being shown eaten alive by zombies?

I saw a reviewer on another site complain about the kid being eaten scene. He thought it was too violent and a cheap shot.

I realize the other people could not scream or anything, but what was preventing Rick or Michonne whomever from grabbing Jessie’s arm and tugging her away?

(Rick is one of my favorite characters, btw, I just don’t always understand or always agree with all of his actions.)

I don’t blame Rick for everything that happened though. It’s not Rick’s fault that the kid flaked out or that the mother (Jessie) would not let go of his hand or Carl’s.

TigerPaw on February 15, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Speaking of the kid wigging out, Sam? Sam heard Carol‘s voice shortly before he was eaten alive.

Some on other sites were speculating that it was Carol’s scare speeches to the kid that played a role in his death. The kid remembering her gruesome threats as he was looking at the zombies made him lose it and have a panic attack.

I think there is some merit to that.

To a degree, I like the Carol character, but am a little un-nerved at how killing has become too easy to her, human life has become expendable. She is too quick and too easy to kill. She is the polar opposite of the bo-stick peace guy, Morgan. I think both extremes are unwise.

I do think there is some merit to the idea that Carol is partially resonsible for Sam’s death.

TigerPaw on February 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM

Goodbye everyone. I can’t afford making any pro conservative comments that get posted on FB under my real name. I don’t want to lose my job. And with open posting, the Left will swamp Hot Air with their comments and generally make HA unreadable going forward.

Fritz

Old Fritz on February 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Rick letting the rev take his kid?

KMav on February 15, 2016 at 11:06 PM

I too was a little surprised that Rick was letting the clergy guy (Gabriel?) take baby Judith with him, since the pastor was not brave before.

I just imagined the pastor freaking out in fear or something and dropping the baby and the zombies eating the baby, but so far, by the end of the episode, they were both doing okay.

TigerPaw on February 16, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Good-bye Old Fritz, Lady in Gray, and everyone else!

I enjoyed talking to you all in the Walking Dead threads and reading your comments – except for that one guy who was rude to me a few times on older Walking Dead threads. But most everyone else was fun to talk with about TWD show.

I may come back to read the Walking Dead threads in the future, but I don’t plan on posting, not using a Facebook account.

I will keep watching The Walking Dead.

Good-bye. It was fun while it lasted, sad it’s coming to an end.

Tiger Paw

TigerPaw on February 16, 2016 at 12:25 AM

This thread still open?

Because that is ironic.

petunia on February 16, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Hot Air doesn’t understand – or probably just doesn’t care – that conservatives have to be very careful about what they say where, on pain of losing their jobs. It didn’t used to be that way. But it is now.

They also don’t understand that conservative people tend to play by the rules. Which would not include trying to post under a fake name on Facebook.

If they cared at all, they would offer Discus posting as well.

Whatever the reason they have for doing this, their current reader base is the last on their priority list. Reminds me of congress people, for whom the desires of their constituents are the last thing they worry about.

I have enjoyed the Walking Dead threads, Allah, want you to know that.

(And I LOVED that kid getting chomped.)

Alana on February 16, 2016 at 12:35 AM

Last?

dirc on February 16, 2016 at 12:46 AM

I’m sad to see you treat your long time readers this way, AllahPundit. You, who apparently value your anonymity, should understand why we won’t use Facebook. It’s hard to see this as anything other than a giant FU to all of us. Enjoy your crappy new leftist comment section.

MassConservative on February 16, 2016 at 12:51 AM

Been lurking for years now, but will miss some of you very much. Just wanted to say good night before the curtain falls. Take care.

I understand the soul-sucking drain of policing a comment section, but I think the site is throwing away a lot of goodwill. Hope this works out as planned.

see-dubya on February 16, 2016 at 1:53 AM

twd is starting to make me bored…bored…bored…i like’d the blind so they kilt her off. rats

losarkos on February 16, 2016 at 6:01 AM

You’ll put yer eye out, kid-oops, too late…but no Negan yet.

WestVirginiaRebel on February 16, 2016 at 6:06 AM

“Thinning the herd”…how apropos, AP.
The only thing that has made me sad & disappointed is to realize Ed and AP are just like my Senator…look us in the eye, write what you think we want to hear, advance your career off of us and then make fun of us because we’d like to keep our Doctor.
While moving the comments section to FB is a little bit of a bummer for those of us who put nothing personal on our FB page, ’cause now we’ll have to keep our big mouths shut, but now I can never read an article by you or Ed without remembering how you looked down your noses at many of your longtime readers.

NHElle on February 16, 2016 at 6:17 AM

One of the great episodes. Right up there with the battle of Terminus. I thought it appropriate to make my last HA post on a WD grumble thread. It’s been one of my favorite HA features over the last few years and it’s the thing I’ll probably miss the most. Thanks for all the great pearls of wisdom friends and I hope to see many of you over at Constantine’s and AOS.

tommyboy/out

tommyboy on February 16, 2016 at 7:23 AM

finally got my wife to start watching this. I’ve been in since season 1, minute 1. so she finally gets on board beginning of season 6. then, they eat the kid. great. thanks nicoterra; now I think I lost her. and I don’t think she is hiding under a dumpster.

t8stlikchkn on February 16, 2016 at 7:43 AM

MassConservative on February 16, 2016 at 12:51 AM

Exactly.

If HA wants me back, send me a letter at my registration email address.

The price is $50 per post, damned little comp for all the revenue I’ve generated here.

And I will remain anonymous.

Younggod on February 16, 2016 at 7:57 AM

This is the last The Walking Dead grumble thread for many, including me.

What, with the decision to post on Hot Air via Facebook, a lot of us long-time Hot Air members feel like we been bitten by the walking dead right about now.

However, unlike in the graphic novel/TV series, now that we’ve been bitten, we won’t be coming back.

oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo

^^^Eighty o’s = “Adios.”

Dime IV on February 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM

“feel like we’ve been bitten…”

*sigh*

Last self-correction on Hot Air.

Huzzah.

Dime IV on February 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Interesting how many people I have head saying this was the best ep ever.

I thought it was OK, but I thought all the major plot developments were silly…from the rocket to the lake and Abraham’s rescue of Glenn. Major eye rolls all.

I agree with AP that Jessie and Sam’s demise was the strongest part of the show.

DRayRaven on February 16, 2016 at 10:20 AM

“Who’s Deanna?”

“Who’s Negan?”

“Who’s Facebook?”

The Schaef on February 16, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Ray Negan from N.O. It’s gonna remain a Chocolate City…

Kuffar on February 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM

How many original Alexandrians are left? Not many…

Kuffar on February 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM

The rocket scene was my favorite. I kind of forgot Daryl was behind the truck, so didn’t see it coming.

WhirledPeas on February 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Any chance HA ‘switching to FB commenting’is gonna turn out to be a head fake like Glenn getting devoured in the alley?

DarkCurrent on February 16, 2016 at 2:17 PM

How many original Alexandrians are left? Not many…

Kuffar on February 16, 2016 at 12:07 PM

By my count, it’s Denise, Enid and a bunch of no-faces. I think the Fabulous Boys are still alive, but I literally cannot tell you the names of anybody else still living at the end of that episode that was not part of Rick’s group coming into Alexandria.

The Schaef on February 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM

WhirledPeas on February 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM

I don’t think we heard it either.

LoganSix on February 16, 2016 at 4:37 PM

“Nibble on that.”

Fitting for Hot Air, as well.

jnelchef on February 16, 2016 at 5:14 PM