Trump: By stacking the debate audience against me, the RNC is in default of its pledge

posted at 2:41 pm on February 15, 2016 by Allahpundit

Three months ago this would have sounded like a threat to go third-party. As it is, with Trump poised to win on Saturday in South Carolina and then potentially to clean up in the SEC primary, this is just a likely nominee polishing his anti-establishment brand.

Everyone knows by now, I hope, that “sore loser” laws would greatly complicate an independent bid by Trump at this point by barring him from running in the fall as a third-party candidate in states where he’s already registered to appear on the primary ballot as a Republican. But even if you could work around that, the logistical challenge is formidable. Here’s what Mike Bloomberg is looking at as he mulls an independent bid of his own. If you’re willing to throw a billion dollars at the problem, anything is possible. If you’re not — and Trump has prided himself on spending less than the other candidates in the primary — you’ve got trouble.

Qualifying as an independent candidate in all 50 states is an arcane, expensive and time-consuming process. Texas is the first state that requires a candidate to submit an application for independent status on the presidential ballot. Here, for example, are the parameters for the Lone Star State:

–A general election candidate must submit 80,000 valid signatures of independent voters who did not participate in Texas’ March 1 presidential primary.

–That candidate cannot begin collecting those signatures until March 2.

–The signatures, filing fees and the name and written assent of the running mate must be submitted by May 9—months before the Republicans and Democrats have to do the same thing.

–The names of 38 qualified presidential electors must be submitted by May 9 as well.

That’s why Bloomberg has set himself a deadline of late February to decide on whether to pull the trigger. There simply won’t be time after that to qualify in all 50 states, even for someone with limitless financial resources. Frankly, if you like the idea of Trump jumping ship and trying to smash the establishment as an independent, you should have been rooting for him to finish second in New Hampshire as that would have convinced him that he has no path to the Republican nomination. As it is, he has zero reason to quit the GOP before the south starts voting over the next few weeks and zero reason to quit it afterwards given the third-party deadlines that’ll start passing next month. In fact, I’d argue that even if it were somehow known with absolute certainty today that Trump won’t be the GOP nominee, he still has more incentive to go on running as a Republican than to jump ship. He’ll end up with enough delegates to guarantee himself a major role at the convention, and possibly to play kingmaker if no candidate gets an absolute majority. As an indie, he’d get a podium at the presidential debates in the fall but without a real chance at 270 electoral votes, meaning that his political legacy realistically would simply be as a Perot-esque spoiler for the GOP in the general election. If he wants to cement a place for Trumpism at the table inside the GOP, he’s better off sticking around. Although that assumes that he cares more about the fate of Trumpism than about maximizing his own chances at the presidency. If those two diverged (and I don’t think they will), which would he prioritize above the other?

Oh, he also dropped a new insult on Cruz today:

“I think he’s an unstable person,” Trump said of Cruz.

Trump called Cruz a “bad liar” who stole the Iowa caucus when the senator’s volunteers spread rumors about GOP candidate Ben Carson leaving the race. Cruz won while Trump finished second.

Trump said the Iowa Republican party should disqualify Cruz’s win “if they had any guts.”

Cruz’s contradictions — touting his religious background while misstating other candidates’ records — is the reason why he is not leading among evangelical Christian voters, Trump said.

That’s an … interesting critique from a guy who’s been criticized relentlessly for his own erratic temperament, aimed at another guy who’s frequently criticized for being, if anything, a little too stable. The rap on Cruz is that he’s an ice-cold hyper-calculating politician whose every move is determined by whatever’s best for his own political self-interest. If that means launching a defunding war over ObamaCare with no chance of success, even at the price of a government shutdown, then that’s what it means. I don’t know why Trump, the anti-politician, thinks it makes more sense to attack Cruz for supposedly being some sort of loose cannon (remember, he called him a “maniac” two months ago for his Senate obstructionism) than for being the epitome of a self-serving Washington insider who worries about his own ambitions before the country’s. Maybe it’s as simple as Trump essentially saying, “I know you are but what am I?” Bad messaging, though.

Comments

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

What HA s/b remembered for, eternal shame

Gabriel Malor
[email protected]

Problem: GOP Trump supporters need a friendly talking to, but I can’t talk to them without sneering because they’re so fuc*ing stupid.

Aw! This is the end of an era.

Thanks to all of you who were with the Hot Air team when we launched this enterprise in 2006.

I’m forever grateful to all of you original readers and longtime commenters who made this one of the best communities in the conservative blogosphere!

Michelle on February 15, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

I liked Dick Sargent more than i liked Dick York.

jaywemm on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Can the men in white coats be far behind? Tantrums and derangement syndrome are so pathetic.

Lee Jan on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

There’s no “I” in team, but there is a “U” in f*ck.

Flange on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

OT, or not

obama’s hatchet men

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Well, He is right

The Notorious G.O.P on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Welcome to the party, Don.

They’ve been stabbing us in the back for decades.

BobMbx on February 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Meh, who cares AP. This message will self-destruct in 9 hours.

newtopia on February 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Man this guy is such a whiner! XD

WolvenOne on February 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Good bye, comments section. Good bye, Hot Air. It was nice knowing ya.

Tom Servo on February 15, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Bad messaging, though.

LOL at the anonymous coward – how many times should Trump have dropped by now, fool?

corona79 on February 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Trump is clearly losing it. He is still steaming mad that he came in second in Iowa and that, to the idiot douchebag, is more important than anything else. But I’m not complaining since Trump is sabotaging his own public persona by being the stupid uneducated loser that lurks behind the public façade.

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Testing…..

d1carter on February 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM

“I think he’s an unstable person,” Trump said of Cruz.

Project much…?

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM

If Trump runs as an independent…it’s pretty much game over for Republicans.

weedisgood on February 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Dang it. Trump must be back on meds, he is sounding rational in that press conference.

But he isn’t rational! He is a political genius, I’ll give him that. That was damage control and it likely worked. Dang it!!!

At least he is going nuclear on Cruz and not Rubio.

Small comfort.

Hey I dislike Cruz as much as anyone, but he isn’t the biggest liar in the world. The problem is, he does lie. And when you set yourself out as God’s only true candidate, there is a higher level of expectation! That is why it damages him, and doesn’t damage Hillary.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Donny, what did you think would happen when you recite Democrat talking points at a Republican debate?

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

…I don’t FB and I gather you don’t as well…may God Bless You…always appreciated your comments…they made me think…hope to see you again elsewhere…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM

ᴍʏ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ’s ᴍᴏᴍ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs $453 ʜᴏᴜʀʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ . Sʜᴇ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ғᴏʀ 10 ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴡᴀs $29123 ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ғᴇᴡ ʜᴏᴜʀs.

click this link

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

56andwarmweather on February 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Trump is an embarrassment.

Go Cruz!

DRayRaven on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Democrat talking points WINS democrat states…then on to a win says Ronald Reagan

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

If Trump runs as an independent…it’s pretty much game over for Republicans.

weedisgood on February 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM

The point is, it is close to impossible for him to do that.

I just hope if he loses he doesn’t bring everyone down with him.

But I wouldn’t put it past him.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Is Don’s problem with Cruz that Ted is a liar or a bad liar? If he was an excellent liar like Bill Clinton, would that be alright?

KW64 on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

[comment deleted-user banned]

Mark Z.

fossten on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Seriously, if you need to complain this much about an audience, you need to stop, run away and shut up. We’ve already had a whiner in chief for 8 years, we don’t need another for four more year.

Zaggs on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

With Trumps Bush “lied” schtick over the weekend I’m running out of candidates on the GOP side I could vote for.

I know he is a loose cannon, I know he isn’t a conservative. But really – a leftist democrat talking point they all spouted even though they were shown the same intel and clamored to have a show vote so they could show the country how patriotic they were? Really!?!

Exit question – would it be bad or good if a neutron bomb were dropped on DC while the govt was working?

Zomcon JEM on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

See Reagan.

Joining up with Code Pink however is far to the left of most Democrats.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Nixon lied, people died! – Ronald Reagan

I may have made that one up.

KingGold on February 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM

That audience was RUDE!! It should have been required to hold it’s applause until these candidates were done, and I mean until the very end of the debate or possibly commercial breaks! No decorum whatsoever. Uncivil

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Run, Trump run. The hell away from my GOP.

eaglephin on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

KW64 on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

The problem is saying you are against DC, then acting like the worst of D.C.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Trump is a first class whiner, but he’s not wrong about the audience at the debate Saturday night. Be honest, anti-Trumpers(and everyone else). Have you ever witnessed a spectacle like that? The frontrunner for a party’s nomination being hissed and booed constantly the entire night by his own alleged voters? And it wasn’t just Trump. Cruz was getting it too on more than one occasion. So was Carson, but I’ll cut the audience a little slack there since he’s been dreadful at these debates.

Doughboy on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

I hope he goes Independent. I would love to see the fall of the GOPe in my lifetime.

2lbsTest on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

See Reagan.

Joining up with Code Pink however is far to the left of most Democrats.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

…nice deflection…but you’re a Rubiot supporter so I’m not surprised with your non-answer answer…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

KG no one is lying just stating he opposed the war in Iraq! We are not all in lockstep and differing of opinion for a frontrunner is permissable especially if that candidate is being truthful

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Oh, AP, all this trolling will be for naught in less than a day.

talkingpoints on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

I went to a Primary debate once and they did make a rule that there was no applause until the end.

So I don’t know why they are doing it this way now.

But in NH the audience effected Rubio. But he didn’t complain.

So Trump is thin skinned. Which is not what we need in a leader.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

(Removed for possible microaggressions and/or politically uncivil joviality)

orangemtl on February 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Republicans have become the Groucho Marx party.

Decaf on February 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Remarkable presser by Trump.

Just remarkable.

CNN and MSNBC assign immediate panels to discuss.

Fox ignores, stays with original programming.

aquaviva on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Before you defend Donny, maybe you should ask him what legalization for the good ones means; then we can have a discussion on which candidates are for and against a pathway to citizenship.

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

But in NH the audience effected Rubio. But he didn’t complain.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

…good to know that Rubiot can’t blame his robot-like performance on the audience…

…so what WAS the reason he couldn’t manage an original thought..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

It is not about being thin skinned really, and I speak for every candidate on that stage not just Trump. The fact that they are running for this office requires a certain amount of respect none of which was given on Sat. eve

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

There’s no “I” in team, but there is a “U” in f*ck.

Flange on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

There is an I in Pr*ck and d*ck.

talkingpoints on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

KG no one is lying just stating he opposed the war in Iraq!

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

No, he explicitly said, “Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction.” Blowing the intel is one thing and it can be argued we did that, but Trump flat out said that Bush lied. That’s deliberate.

If that’s what you believe, we can disagree about that (for about eight more hours or so, that is). But don’t try to spin that as simple opposition to the war, because that won’t hold water with me.

KingGold on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Go indie Donnie. You’re stinking up the party.

libfreesMom on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

He’s pissed because Cruz didn’t fall in the polls when he attacked him like Bush did. There can only be one (fake) alpha male in Trump’s world.

As I said on Twitter, Trump has been my second choice all along. I didn’t have any problem voting for him if “my guy” didn’t win the nomination. Now I am at the point were I would probably not vote at all if Trump is the nominee. I can’t take his childish butthurt and longer.

Vigilante on February 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Remarkable presser by Trump.

Just remarkable.

CNN and MSNBC assign immediate panels to discuss.

Fox ignores, stays with original programming.

aquaviva on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

They’re waiting for Megyn Kelly to analyse it with Rubio.

Decaf on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Before you defend Donny

…I didn’t defend Donny…I asked you a question…

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

more deflection…if you’re that embarrassed about your candidates position…maybe you should find a new one…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

AP, got any good jobs lined up after tomorrow? Good luck bro! Sorry about the HotAir thing.

shawk on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

As we say here in Texas….”don’t let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya”.

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Doughboy on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

I’m not sure that polling is all that is necessary to become a frontrunner. He’s hardly a darling of the party nor is he electable in the general.

That being said, so what if they booed? Is Trump such a pussy he can’t take a few boos?

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

BTW, my first choice is Cruz so I don’t need to be worried about citizenship for illegals. Whereas you may still need an answer to the question I posed.

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM

…still deflecting I see…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Well KG let’s hope for the sake of water you can hold it. Many believe those weapons were not the arsenal we the people thought they were. So much was happening with Anthrax etc at that time and we were all on heightened alert. We were quite vulnerable as a people as well. I really don’t have the ability without historical research to comment. I do agree it would take much time and discussion. I do believe there were many skeptics.

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

What HA s/b remembered for, eternal shame

Gabriel Malor
[email protected]

Aw! This is the end of an era.

Michelle on February 15, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

I liked Dick Sargent more than i liked Dick York.

jaywemm on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Lee Jan on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

There’s no “I” in team, but there is a “U” in f*ck.

Flange on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

OT, or not

obama’s hatchet men

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Well, He is right

The Notorious G.O.P on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Welcome to the party, Don.

They’ve been stabbing us in the back for decades.

BobMbx on February 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Meh, who cares AP. This message will self-destruct in 9 hours.

newtopia on February 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Man this guy is such a whiner! XD

WolvenOne on February 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Good bye, comments section. Good bye, Hot Air. It was nice knowing ya.

Tom Servo on February 15, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Bad messaging, though.

corona79 on February 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Testing…..

d1carter on February 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM

“I think he’s an unstable person,” Trump said of Cruz.

Project much…?

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM

If Trump runs as an independent…it’s pretty much game over for Republicans.

weedisgood on February 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM

At least he is going nuclear on Cruz and not Rubio.

Small comfort.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM

click this link

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

56andwarmweather on February 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Trump is an embarrassment.

Go Cruz!

DRayRaven on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

If Trump runs as an independent…it’s pretty much game over for Republicans.

weedisgood on February 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM

The point is, it is close to impossible for him to do that.

I just hope if he loses he doesn’t bring everyone down with him.

But I wouldn’t put it past him.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

KW64 on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

[comment deleted-user banned]

Mark Z.

fossten on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Zaggs on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Zomcon JEM on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

See Reagan.

Joining up with Code Pink however is far to the left of most Democrats.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Nixon lied, people died! – Ronald Reagan

I may have made that one up.

KingGold on February 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Run, Trump run. The hell away from my GOP.

eaglephin on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

KW64 on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

The problem is saying you are against DC, then acting like the worst of D.C.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Doughboy on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

2lbsTest on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

See Reagan.

Joining up with Code Pink however is far to the left of most Democrats.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Oh, AP, all this trolling will be for naught in less than a day.

talkingpoints on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

So I don’t know why they are doing it this way now.

But in NH the audience effected Rubio. But he didn’t complain.

So Trump is thin skinned. Which is not what we need in a leader.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

(Removed for possible microaggressions and/or politically uncivil joviality)

orangemtl on February 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Republicans have become the Groucho Marx party.

Decaf on February 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Remarkable presser by Trump.

Just remarkable.

CNN and MSNBC assign immediate panels to discuss.

Fox ignores, stays with original programming.

aquaviva on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

But in NH the audience effected Rubio. But he didn’t complain.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

…so what WAS the reason he couldn’t manage an original thought..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

There’s no “I” in team, but there is a “U” in f*ck.

Flange on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

There is an I in Pr*ck and d*ck.

talkingpoints on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

KG no one is lying just stating he opposed the war in Iraq!

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

KingGold on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Go indie Donnie. You’re stinking up the party.

libfreesMom on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Vigilante on February 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Remarkable presser by Trump.

Just remarkable.

CNN and MSNBC assign immediate panels to discuss.

Fox ignores, stays with original programming.

aquaviva on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

They’re waiting for Megyn Kelly to analyse it with Rubio.

Decaf on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Before you defend Donny

…I didn’t defend Donny…I asked you a question…

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

shawk on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM

…still deflecting I see…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:14 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:17 PM

NO COMMENT

avi natan on February 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Well, Donald’s got a point. I read a story this morning about the debate audience being rigged. The RNC Establishment really did load the audience with their people. What a cheap trick.

They want to play dirty and petty, so can he.

The fact that they are pulling this kind of stunt confirms that the establishment is truly afraid of Trump.

To me that’s a feature, not a bug.

I don’t know if Trump is my favorite yet but the more I see him being a sharp stick in the GOPe’s eye, the more I like him.

I think of him as my “Burn It All Down” candidate.

Agent Cooper on February 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM

You know, he’s right again. I mean come on, who the f**k boos at building the wall except for open border GOPe sellouts & HotAir Bloggers.

TheMadHessian on February 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM

There is a pattern here. When someone points out the records of Trump and Rubot they scream……..LIAR LIAR LIAR

Realdemocrat1 on February 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM

I think CRUZ will beat Trump in South Carolina…..It’s happening

Realdemocrat1 on February 15, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Bush may finish ahead of both Rubot and Kasich as well….

Realdemocrat1 on February 15, 2016 at 3:27 PM

TheMadHessian on February 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM

…and Left-Tards…

…so when some here complain about Trump using “Democrap talking points”, I’m really curious whether they complain about the candidates that DO support these things…you could cut the hypocrisy with a knife…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Been here since ‘The Boss’ ran the place, I will miss it, bye, bye.

This is a great site, hope to *see* you there.

Green eyed Lady on February 15, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

What HA s/b remembered for, eternal shame

Gabriel Malor
[email protected]

Aw! This is the end of an era.

Michelle on February 15, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

I liked Dick Sargent more than i liked Dick York.

jaywemm on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Lee Jan on February 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM

There’s no “I” in team, but there is a “U” in f*ck.

Flange on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

OT, or not

obama’s hatchet men

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Well, He is right

The Notorious G.O.P on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Welcome to the party, Don.

They’ve been stabbing us in the back for decades.

BobMbx on February 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Meh, who cares AP. This message will self-destruct in 9 hours.

newtopia on February 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Man this guy is such a whiner! XD

WolvenOne on February 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Good bye, comments section. Good bye, Hot Air. It was nice knowing ya.

Tom Servo on February 15, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Bad messaging, though.

corona79 on February 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Happy Nomad on February 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Testing…..

d1carter on February 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM

“I think he’s an unstable person,” Trump said of Cruz.

Project much…?

Seven Percent Solution on February 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM

If Trump runs as an independent…it’s pretty much game over for Republicans.

weedisgood on February 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM

At least he is going nuclear on Cruz and not Rubio.

Small comfort.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM

click this link

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

56andwarmweather on February 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Trump is an embarrassment.

Go Cruz!

DRayRaven on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

If Trump runs as an independent…it’s pretty much game over for Republicans.

weedisgood on February 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM

The point is, it is close to impossible for him to do that.

I just hope if he loses he doesn’t bring everyone down with him.

But I wouldn’t put it past him.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

KW64 on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

[comment deleted-user banned]

Mark Z.

fossten on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Zaggs on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Zomcon JEM on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

See Reagan.

Joining up with Code Pink however is far to the left of most Democrats.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Nixon lied, people died! – Ronald Reagan

I may have made that one up.

KingGold on February 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Run, Trump run. The hell away from my GOP.

eaglephin on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

KW64 on February 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM

The problem is saying you are against DC, then acting like the worst of D.C.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Doughboy on February 15, 2016 at 3:02 PM

2lbsTest on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

See Reagan.

Joining up with Code Pink however is far to the left of most Democrats.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Oh, AP, all this trolling will be for naught in less than a day.

talkingpoints on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:01 PM

So I don’t know why they are doing it this way now.

But in NH the audience effected Rubio. But he didn’t complain.

So Trump is thin skinned. Which is not what we need in a leader.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

(Removed for possible microaggressions and/or politically uncivil joviality)

orangemtl on February 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Republicans have become the Groucho Marx party.

Decaf on February 15, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Remarkable presser by Trump.

Just remarkable.

CNN and MSNBC assign immediate panels to discuss.

Fox ignores, stays with original programming.

aquaviva on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

…so a “pathway to citizenship” ISN’T a “Democrat Talking Point”..??

…just curious…which Repub candidates have you chastised for this position..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

But in NH the audience effected Rubio. But he didn’t complain.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM

…so what WAS the reason he couldn’t manage an original thought..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

There’s no “I” in team, but there is a “U” in f*ck.

Flange on February 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM

There is an I in Pr*ck and d*ck.

talkingpoints on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

KG no one is lying just stating he opposed the war in Iraq!

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM

KingGold on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Go indie Donnie. You’re stinking up the party.

libfreesMom on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Vigilante on February 15, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Remarkable presser by Trump.

Just remarkable.

CNN and MSNBC assign immediate panels to discuss.

Fox ignores, stays with original programming.

aquaviva on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

They’re waiting for Megyn Kelly to analyse it with Rubio.

Decaf on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Before you defend Donny

…I didn’t defend Donny…I asked you a question…

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

shawk on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Tater Salad on February 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM

…still deflecting I see…

Pelosi Schmelosi on February 15, 2016 at 3:14 PM

justonevictory on February 15, 2016 at 3:17 PM

NO COMMENT

avi natan on February 15, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Jedditelol likes this.

Jedditelol on February 15, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Trump is attacking everybody now that exposes his record and comments on issues….Trump cannot hide any more and he doesn’t like it….

Realdemocrat1 on February 15, 2016 at 3:34 PM

He’ll discover the identity of the strawberry thief with scientific certainty, and geometric logic…..and who took his steel balls?

Another Drew on February 15, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Actually what that presser by Trump probably really means, is Trump’s number have tanked in SC.

Yay!!!!

I could be wrong, I often am.

But… Maybe Cruz is ahead in SC. That’s why Trump is going after him so very hard!!!

I’m not for Cruz. But that debate was shameful. So maybe, it has shaken Trump out of first.

Maybe we can have a real candidate after all.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Silly man. Just create your own political party so you can control everything. Then nothing you think is unfair to you will ever be allowed.

Or is playing the victim your thing?

John E. on February 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Yay!!!!

I could be wrong, I often am.

Maybe we can have a real candidate after all.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:38 PM

NO COMMENT

avi natan on February 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM

[comment deleted-user banned]

– Mark Z.

koaiko on February 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM

No comment

Rode Werk on February 15, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Trump is a world class BETA male punk. What ALPHA you know does nothing but whine and complain?

He should teach a course on whining at Trump University.. oh wait. Or host a whiner dinner at Trump Steak.. nevermind.

Only the smartest business man in the world starts Trump Mortgage a year before the mortgage crisis.. It was gonna be so YUGE!

Screw Trump. Go CRUZ!

rgrovr on February 15, 2016 at 3:49 PM

The RNC are supposed to be the referees. If they won’t act as honest refs, then it’s hard to cooperate with them.

cimbri on February 15, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Well, this site has basically turned to crap anyways. The one last redeeming thing was the comments section, and now that’s being turned into crap as well.

So, yeah, I guess it’s only fitting really that pro-amnesty HotAir would sell out to open borders Zuckerburg.

Paperclips on February 15, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Maybe we can have a real candidate after all.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Some people can’t face that Bush and his admin lied us into war in Iraq. I wish it had not happened but it did. All those in denial have to face reality.

cimbri on February 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM

I hope all y’all get over the facebook thing,and create a fake FB account with the same name,and join us there,while continuing to pressure Ed,Allah,Jazz etc to add a Disqus option.

Those of us that ARE NOT rabidly pro Trump, can not, will not go to fan site conservative treehouse.

This site is for all of us crazy right wing extremists.

See you on the other side.

STOP BEING PARANOID and create a fake FB account people ONLY for Hotair comments.

Charliecrown on February 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM

cimbri on February 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM

I’m not prepared to say Bush LIED. I will say at a minimum his Administration’s efforts were badly mismanaged.

(I’ll also say that Turkey should be thrown out of NATO IMMEDIATELY. Their decision to not let the 4th ID in led to the quagmire that developed after the invasion)

TheMadHessian on February 15, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Rosie Trump…

Gohawgs on February 15, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Go indie Donnie. You’re stinking up the party.

libfreesMom on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Well said.

DaNang67 on February 15, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Zomcon JEM on February 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM

If you wait till the govt is “working”, we will all be long dead.

LarryinLA on February 15, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Go indie Donnie. You’re stinking up the party.

libfreesMom on February 15, 2016 at 3:08 PM

That stench was there LONG before Donald got here.

TheMadHessian on February 15, 2016 at 4:19 PM

cimbri on February 15, 2016 at 4:01 PM

Right. We can’t accept this because it is contradicted by facts and logic. It is based on Code Pink conspiracy theories.

The shared reality of serious people is what Trump has proven he doesn’t have a grip on.

John E. on February 15, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Good run third party you douche bag. You’ll take more democrats than republicans.

He is a liberal.

rubberneck on February 15, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Does he have internal polling that he dislikes? Maybe his debate performance is to blame.

Goodbye, all.

Philly on February 15, 2016 at 4:37 PM

I’ll grant that there was some apparent rigging of the debate for Rubio.

However, Trump didn’t have to go full liberal loon on everything, that’s all on Trump.

Still sticking with Cruz. If you want to stop the GOPe and still vote for someone sane, gotta pick Cruz.

Sackett on February 15, 2016 at 4:48 PM

The orange alpha-male, still whining. And this tough guy is gonna take on Hillary and the DNC?

Is he going to sue them too?

Oxymoron on February 15, 2016 at 4:48 PM

If you want to stop the GOPe and still vote for someone sane, gotta pick Cruz.

Sackett on February 15, 2016 at 4:48 PM

LOVE THIS. Vote for the Sane person to give the GOPe the finger.

Go CRUZ!

rgrovr on February 15, 2016 at 4:52 PM

When will the GOP learn that the more they go after Trump, the more it will look bad on them. They can’t win a smear campaign against him.

The should just worry about how the people (voting electorate, that is) view THEM… not worry about Trump. The reason they’re doing so poorly in the polls and primaries is because of the way they’re viewed as ineffective establishment politicians. The people don’t trust them anymore, because even when they had a majority in both the House and Senate, they still gave-in to Obama and the Dems at almost every turn. They never used their majority effectively, because they don’t give a damn about the will of the people. They only care about keeping their seats warm.

Mick Psyphon on February 15, 2016 at 5:08 PM

I actually found the kind of polling that got Trump all jazzed up today. I should have linked it, but now I can’t even remember where it was… but it’s a Bush internal. Supposedly.

But I think it ended before the debate, at least I hope so.

It showed Cruz and Trump neck ad neck and Jeb and Rubio neck and neck below them.

After the debate the internals are probably worse.

So Trump is in full panic mode.

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM

petunia on February 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM

It seems to me that you’re the one in full panic mode here, lol.

BobM88 on February 15, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Donald Trump is campaigning for Ross Perot’s first term. A crazy, narcissistic billionaire businessman gave us the first Clinton presidency. A crazy, narcissistic billionaire businessman will give us the second.

TimeOnTarget on February 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM