Carly Fiorina: I’m out

posted at 4:01 pm on February 10, 2016 by Allahpundit

It’s a distant memory now but in the last two weeks of September, after her celebrated attack on Trump at the second Republican debate, she was in double digits nationally and in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina. Then everyone just … moved on and she was a low single-digits candidate the rest of the way. Even now, I’m not sure what she did to fade so quickly and durably. I suppose it was a simple matter of her being outraised and outspent and then suffocated by Trump’s total domination of earned media.

Of all the dark-horse candidates who’ve run in GOP presidential primaries over the last eight years, she seemed to have the most potential to become a real threat. She knew her stuff, she could debate with the pros, and she wasn’t obviously trying to move merchandise. Kind of a shame that she ended up as marginal as she did. From her statement:

This campaign was always about citizenship—taking back our country from a political class that only serves the big, the powerful, the wealthy, and the well connected. Election after election, the same empty promises are made and the same poll-tested stump speeches are given, but nothing changes. I’ve said throughout this campaign that I will not sit down and be quiet. I’m not going to start now. While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them…

To young girls and women across the country, I say: do not let others define you. Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you’re a woman. That is not feminism. Feminism doesn’t shut down conversations or threaten women. It is not about ideology. It is not a weapon to wield against your political opponent. A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts. And always remember that a leader is not born, but made. Choose leadership.

As I have said to the many wonderful Americans I have met throughout this campaign, a leader is a servant whose highest calling is to unlock potential in others. I will continue to serve in order to restore citizen government to this great nation so that together we may fulfill our potential.

She did indeed improve her standing in the party by running, another rarity among dark horses. What does she do with that standing now, though? No Republican is getting elected to major statewide office in California, a fact that Fiorina has already learned the hard way. She could be a useful surrogate for one of the other candidates this year and end up in a Republican administration, but she seems a better fit for someone like Rubio or Bush than for Cruz. (Let’s not even mention Trump.) And Rubio and Bush are longshots at this point. Whatever the answer, you’ll see her again at the GOP convention, very likely in primetime. And that’s true whether her pal Donald is the nominee or not.

So Christie’s out, Fiorina’s out — what about the remaining also-ran, Ben Carson? Carson’s got two good reasons to keep going that Fiorina didn’t have. One is that, to all appearances, moving merchandise is a key part of his campaign, even if it isn’t necessarily a key motive for Carson himself. And two, if Team Carson is as angry as Ted Cruz as they’ve claimed to be over his “dirty trick” in Iowa, they could get sweet revenge by sticking around in South Carolina and peeling off enough evangelical votes from him to tilt the election away from Cruz and towards Trump. Is Carson going to try to ice Cruz? Maybe not, says Erick Erickson:

What about Ben Carson? I am told he is having private meetings with a number of prominent social conservatives. It sounds like Carson is in the process of winding down his campaign and everyone is pursuing him for an endorsement.

It will probably come soon.

Carson damaging Cruz would be a foolish way to alienate some social conservatives at a moment when he’s already gotten pretty much everything he could realistically get out of his candidacy. Once he collapsed in Iowa in November, the rest of the campaign was essentially an exercise in raising his profile and giving it the ol’ college try in a few early states. He’s done that, and he’s gotten some extra sympathy from Cruz’s supposed “dirty trick” to boot. What’s to be gained now from staying in when he could free up some extra evangelical votes for Cruz and earn a little more goodwill from the Christian right by quitting?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cruz fans pouty bout somtin?

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 4:52 PM

What do you mean? It certainly couldn’t mean that anyone who disagrees with you is “pouty”. That would seem to be a childish evaluation….sort of like the childish mind that would imply the looks of a woman equals her ability and intelligence.
Don’t you agree?

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:00 PM

You tell me.

Trumpers gettin’ pouty bout somtin?

Mimzey on February 1, 2016 at 11:31 PM

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Tough to gain traction as a SJW in a strong anti-PC year.

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Different strokes for different folks. I couldn’t stand Trump’s boorish, thin-skinned, big-mouthed personality for more than 5 minutes. He’s insufferably full of himself. A joke, a narcissistic clown.

LashRambo on February 10, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Maybe I’m weak-minded…

LashRambo on January 17, 2016 at 12:51 PM

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 4:59 PM

As always, thanks for reposting my Einstein-like, super-intelligent posts.

And if you want someone’s goat, why don’t you go get your own.

LashRambo on February 10, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Which sales seminar did you take?

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 4:56 PM

You’re talking gibberish. Do you feel O.K.?…lightheaded…double vision? Serious question. Are you feeling “normal” for you?

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:06 PM

She had her moment. The anti-Trumpers loved her.

Redstone on February 10, 2016 at 4:48 PM

That they did!

Thank you for repeating that. It was a great assessment.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Thank you!
I agree..it’s almost impossible…no..scratch that. It is impossible for a “Lightbringer” and evolved being to ever be wrong or make any bad judgments…even if those judgments lead to massive and numerous bankruptcies. In cases like that, it’s not the judgment of the evolved Lightbringer that was wrong…it’s reality that is misguided. Non evolved beings simply don’t understand the level that evolved beings operate in. To “average” people it may seem odd..or actually wrong, to fantasize having sex with your daughter…but if you’re an evolved Lightbringer being person, you know that there is nothing wrong with that, and realize the old saying “Incest is best!”. That way you don’t dilute you precious bodily fluids. Just drop your load and wave your cowboy hat and yell “YEE! HAWWW!

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM

God, I am so glad you have given us your Lightbringer, Donald Trump.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Definitely pouty today.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM

What are Ryan and McConnell running now ? They are running into Obama’s office with their pants down.

They took over for Reggie Love…..

HatfieldMcCoy on February 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Your bolded part made no sense in any context. I called no one “pouty”. You did. Maybe you should take a break from all the “excitement”?

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Jake, you’ve been here a long time, and I have to say this is one of your BEST. Excellent, superb post.

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Thanks – I was reminded the other day —- I joined HotAir in 2007….

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM

She had her moment. The anti-Trumpers loved her.

Redstone on February 10, 2016 at 4:48 PM

She sounded like Lena Dunham in that “moment.”

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Bummer, but understandable. I hate to say it, but Carly should run for something she can win first. There are congressional seats in CA, or she should move to a state where she could try for state office or the US senate. There is no other way to wipe clean the smears about HP than to prove she can win, and running for president (or Senate in CA) is not the best place to do that.

oosamon on February 10, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Thanks – I was reminded the other day —- I joined HotAir in 2007….

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 5:09 PM

How do you know when you joined?

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:10 PM

r2b digging sand out of a sensitive spot now.

dmacleo on February 10, 2016 at 5:10 PM

God, I am so glad you have given us your Lightbringer, Donald Trump.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM

You’re welcome.
The best is yet to come.
Sat Nam. Domo Arigato

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:11 PM

How do you know when you joined?

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Well – #1 – I remember doing it — in the run up to the 2008 election.

#2 — I got an email from one of the HA founders saying hello — we then exchanged a few emails

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Why should he?

When he has all these sweet, sweet tears to sustain him?

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:12 PM

You’re welcome.
The best is yet to come.
Sat Nam. Domo Arigato

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:11 PM

I can’t wait to see where he flattens those that doubt him next! :D

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Definitely pouty today.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Well he’s a fellow Trumper(PBUH). Give him some advice. He won’t listen to me. He may be in trouble…reach out to him. You can do it….I believe in you!

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM

I can’t wait to see where he flattens those that doubt him next! :D

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Me too!!

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Why should he?

When he has all these sweet, sweet tears to sustain him?

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Well..if he can handle it, go for it. I don’t know him like you do. I’ve seen it before, all too often. People think they can handle just one more whiff of the “good stuff” that gets them feelin’ so positive and hopeful, and then… “Whammee!”.. they go all runny and they’re never the same after that.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Trumpers gettin’ pouty bout somtin?

Mimzey on February 1, 2016 at 11:31 PM

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I’ve noticed that people on the edge of losing it start exhibiting a diminution of reading comprehension.

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Just about every major position in this world (CEO, POTUS, COB – etc.) is measured in part by physical appearance and congruence.

You have to “look the part” is an old expression that really holds true.

“he looks like a creep”
“she looks like my old aunt”
“he sounds like a idiot”
“her voice is awful”

It’s all part of the equation of people who climb any social ladder. It matters.

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Might have misunderstood me. I didn’t mean to imply that such superficial evaluations don’t exist, or are even common…I pointed out how dumb and immature such evaluation are..and then asked if you agreed.
No biggie.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:24 PM

No biggie.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:24 PM

That’s ok – I do not agree – I use these immature evaluations every day of my life.

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM

No biggie.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Every one of your evaluations of Trump have been “no biggie.”

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:22 PM

I’ve noticed that same thing. A lot of times physiological projection plays into it also, along with the defense mechanism of denial.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Every one of your evaluations of Trump have been “no biggie.”

fossten on February 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM

I agree. It should be no “biggie” to point out the obvious.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:29 PM

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 5:27 PM

I do to. I think everyone does….but not with important decisions. I think picking a potential POTUS is one of those important decisions where those everyday human tendencies should be put on the back burner and more intelligent methods be employed.
Don’t you agree?

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:31 PM

That just puts Jim Gilmore one step closer to the #1 spot.

Oldnuke on February 10, 2016 at 5:01 PM

I think he’s going to surge any day now. It’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Well – #1 – I remember doing it — in the run up to the 2008 election.

jake-the-goose on February 10, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Ah. Well, your memory is better than mine then.

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:40 PM

I do to. I think everyone does….but not with important decisions.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Nah. People do it with important decisions too. They just pretend that it’s not what they’re doing by rationalizing their instinctive, gut opinions.

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Looks like Chrispie Chreme is officially out now too.

dentarthurdent on February 10, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Wrong. She had a grating personality, was scripted like rubiobot and she had a sketchy past.

I guess it’s hard for the Lowry fan club to see it with clear eyes.

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2016 at 5:45 PM

besser tot als rot on February 10, 2016 at 5:41 PM

I agree with that too. That happens, but it doesn’t seem wise with important decisions. Selecting the person to become POTUS is arguable one of the most important decisions. If you don’t believe that, look what the current POTUS has done to peoples lives and the country. It’s blind belief in style over substance and a lack of vetting that gave us that.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:46 PM

AP:

Even now, I’m not sure what she did to fade so quickly and durably.

I like Carly and considered voting for her to win the outsider lane. Understood in context, her leadership at HP saved the company through the dot-com industry face-plant, at the cost of 30K jobs (which could not be saved).

After what happened to Romney in 2012, it is difficult to believe voters would hear much about her saving the company and 80K jobs. Like Romney, she would be unfairly tarred as an uncaring, job slashing member of the 1%(TM). When this news arrived she became doomed to fail, like Romney, unelectable, hope abandoned. On to the next.

And this is unfortunate. Carly is qualified to lead America through tough decisions which must be made (better now than later), into a brighter future than what awaits.

exdeadhead on February 10, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Anyone paying attention knew she was going nowhere even after the 1st debate.

But some people cant see the forest for the balls.

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM

If Trump added her to the VP slot, I think that might be the seal the deal for Trump. All the liberals would have to vote against a woman as VP, which they would because women only matter to them if they are progressive feminist-bots.

Still, two successful business persons as president and a VP as a woman might be appealing to a lot of undecided voters.

Carly can certainly dominate in any debate. She is impressive.

BMF on February 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Definitely pouty today.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Wait, I thought you had converted to the one true religion of Trump, mange?

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Carly Fiorina added heft and reasoned arguments during the debates. Her participation in this election season was valuable.

onlineanalyst on February 10, 2016 at 5:56 PM

I can’t wait to see where he flattens those that doubt him next! :D

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Me too!!

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Mange, why are you playing the super Trumper now?

It’s clear that you didn’t truly convert to the one true religion.

Why should he?

When he has all these sweet, sweet tears to sustain him?

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM

More Pouting. :D

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:57 PM

So where is the HotAir reader poll? It’s amazing how we had one every month and with Trump we had it two or three times and now it’s nothing… :)

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:59 PM

I give her a lot of credit for bowing out. If only YEB! were as smart.

Laura in Maryland on February 10, 2016 at 6:00 PM

“There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other!”

*unless you’re conservative.

KMC1 on February 10, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Another victim of RBF (resting bich face)

Exninja on February 10, 2016 at 6:07 PM

I actually really liked her. She has potential. Like somebody else said, she really did know her stuff and could handle a biased media interview like nobody’s business. She gave it right back to them in spades. Which is refreshing to see when so many on our side just let themselves get bullied.

And she really knows how to go after the dems. She would have destroyed Hill or Bernie in a debate.

VP material for Cruz or Trump maybe? Or press secretary?

Agent Cooper on February 10, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Everything that you’re saying is spot on.

A Cabinet position would be good, too.

onlineanalyst on February 10, 2016 at 6:14 PM

I posted over at Ace that she was actually my first choice until it became apparent that she had no tread on her tires. No one in the race landed such furious and effective blows against Hillary than she did. She would make a great attack-dog VP pick IMO.

Lamont Cranston on February 10, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Dammit.

bmmg39 on February 10, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Let’s see her CV:

– Slept her way to the top of a large corporation
– Destroyed the company to goose up her stock options
– Sued her employer for sexual discrimination
– Lost a winnable Senate election
– Authored the “Demon Sheep” video clip

Yeah, that’s one cabinet level resume.

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 6:38 PM

I still prefer her to Barbara Boxer as a Senator.

Or the Obamabot they ran for attorney general (they needed somebody who would reliably look the other way)

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 6:49 PM

– Slept her way to the top of a large corporation

News to me. Kind of an ugly rumor for not backing it up with a link to at least one other person who believes it.

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Destroyed the company to goose up her stock options

Oh And there’s another. That might work with some people but Hewlett Packard is still there, right down the street from Denio’s farmers market & auction.
Use to work there with Carley. We’ll, she was the boss, I took out the garbage.

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 6:57 PM

More Pouting. :D

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 5:57 PM

That word….I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Just drop your load and wave your cowboy hat and yell “YEE! HAWWW!

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Think a cowboy might have stole his girl or something.

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM

That word….I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Oh I know exactly what it means and it definitely applies you you, Mr. Pouty.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Carly Fiorina is an excellent public speaker and debater, but that only takes you so far. You have to have some intellectual heft in your ideas. Trump may have a lot of bluster, but he’s a smart guy and knows what he’s doing.

However, I remember her disastrous time at HP, and this was at the time, so there was no political spin going on. If she was that good a CEO, why didn’t anyone else want her after she left HP?

Still, as someone mentioned above, I think she’d be a great VP pick, for Trump or anyone else. She’d just pound Hillary again and again.

asc85 on February 10, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Think a cowboy might have stole his girl or something.

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Heh..No. The reference to both “precious bodily fluids” and the “dropping the load..cowboy hat..YEEE!…HAWWW!” were references to the movie Dr. Strangelove.

Sorry you missed it. Have you seen the movie? It’s a classic.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:19 PM

– Slept her way to the top of a large corporation

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 6:53 PM

She slept with the previous CEO. It was an open secret in Israel, where both Lucent and HP were really big at the time. A lot of hatred for her there, except among those who took Lucent buyout money and ran.

Destroyed the company to goose up her stock options

Use to work there with Carley. We’ll, she was the boss, I took out the garbage.

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Google for HP’s market share prior to firing 18,000 techs and compare it to 3 years later. That’s your answer.

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Oh I know exactly what it means and it definitely applies you you, Mr. Pouty.

NWConservative on February 10, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Oh…you!

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:24 PM

She’s free now to go off and wreck more large profitable corporations. You go girl! and please don’t come back.

Mr. Arrogant on February 10, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:20 PM

You must really dislike Trump(PBUH) then.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:25 PM

You must really dislike Trump(PBUH) then.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:25 PM

What, he slept his way into money, too? Slimy bastard! I didn’t know.

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:27 PM

That’s your answer.

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I agree.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM

That’s Aqua Buddha level stuff from a leftist rag. And isn’t his sister, like, a wee bit past her prime? I don’t think we risk her nomination, except into the rank of angels.

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Is it just me or have we as a society devolved so far that even when we agree about something we can not stop bickering.

here is what i see ( and pardon me for repeating an analogy i have already used on another thread but it works so bear with me please)

We have gotten to the point where we are fighting about a politicians hands being on our boobs when his dangling parts have already been buried between our thighs!

Seriously are we adults or toddlers here? It is time to stop the never ending internal bickering and unite for a change. Until we do those dangling parts will never give us peace and the fight will be for NOTHING.

None of us are ever going to get everything we want out of a politician it is just NOT going to happen. we need to learn the art of compromise. If we do not get over ourselves and learn to get along we are doomed to HRC becoming the next disaster this country must survive.

just my 2 cents but hey i call em how i see em

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 7:33 PM

What, he slept his way into money, too? Slimy bastard! I didn’t know.

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Now you know. He was a teenage he-hor. (The Japanese millionaires really liked him.) You can tell it really damaged him. He still acts like he’s a teenager.
Poor thing. I suspect that is why he can play the victim so often.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:33 PM

I.Know.That.

I’m just having fun. You can’t actually be serious with Trump(PBUH) folk. They can’t handle it. Everything is personal….like they’re his lover or something. Kinda creepy, imo.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:37 PM

just my 2 cents but hey i call em how i see em

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 7:33 PM

I agree..but there is no reasoning with Trump(PBUH)-atrons. They take everything so seriously. It’s a “thought crime” to the new “insiders”.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:40 PM

I.Know.That.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:37 PM

That is a rather broad generalization. I have an awesome sense of humor and i fully intend to plug my nose and pull the lever for Trump. go ahead make fun of his hair and spray tan… doesn’t bother me a bit. question is if i make fun of your favorite will you laugh or will you attack? broad generalizations are not exactly the accurate glimpse of the electorate people keep thinking they are. All of us are different in some ways but i bet we have more in common than not.

just saying i have been seeing a lot of vitriol coming from ALL sides lately and i do not particularly care for what i am seeing. we have some folks wanting to throw people out of the forum for disagreements others wanting to toss people out of the country. and others simply flinging as much muck as they can because they think it is fun. I

The reality is that we are all Americans we all bleed red and we all want the same things, a safe free environment in which to live and grow our families. Instead everyone is acting like they and they alone know how to handle our problems and dismissing everyone else without stopping to actually think about what is being said.

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM

She slept with the previous CEO

Previous CEO of… what company? Link. Just a slander without a link (and rumor with one).

Where’s the beef? Can’t see the patty for all the lettuce.

papertiger on February 10, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Poor thing. I suspect that is why he can play the victim so often.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:35 PM

A quick googling session didn’t yield anything, so I presume you just throw shit against he wall and see what sticks. Or perhaps you’ll oblige me with a link?

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:53 PM

That is a rather broad generalization.

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM

I agree. But the context to that reality is the population at large. My comment was directed to the commenters on this site.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Rix on February 10, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Dude….I assume some things are obvious gags. :)

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:54 PM

I never heard her sidestep a question, and was just sharp as a tack in her responses.
That won me over.

Tard on February 10, 2016 at 7:57 PM

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 7:46 PM

That depends on your sensitivity to humor or sarcasm, doesn’t it? :)
If you’re touchy, you may perceive it as an attack.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:58 PM

That depends on your sensitivity to humor or sarcasm, doesn’t it? :)
If you’re touchy, you may perceive it as an attack.

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:58 PM

i have been told my sense of humor IS sarcasm. i am not easy to rile though, mostly cuz i am married with 6 kids ( all boys) i am numb to it all lol

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Are you sure about that?

The left created feminism. Let them own it.

Nephew Sam on February 10, 2016 at 8:00 PM

I am not so sure about that. It did not use to be that is true , but more and more it has been used as a tool to silence opposition and to emasculate our men. I have seen too much of it unfortunately.

Sure it was and is a laudible idea. Women should have the same rights as men and yes they should have the right to control their own body. Equal pay ? Sure if you are gonna be honest about it.

Let’s face it if the woman is a ceo of a fortune 500 and she has put in the same hours and the same dedication and has the same education level and ability as the man they should be paid the same . However if she took a year off to go have a baby that was HER choice and it quite rightly should affect her salary. How does the board know she wont decide to run off and have another one?

Lately however there has been a decided uptick in the anti-male sort of feminism , the how dare you be a gentleman and hold open the door for me kind.

it has become a double edged sword and it is not fair to our men. How is it fair that we teach them to be a gentleman and then spit on them for being to effeminate? or raise them to be men and then whine they are not sensitive enough?

We need to go back to the time when it was ok to be either… instead we are expecting them to be both and frankly it isnt fair to them

katee bayer on February 10, 2016 at 8:10 PM

she seems a better fit for someone like Rubio or Bush than for Cruz.

And yet, it was a Cruz PAC that gave $500,000 to a Carly PAC.

xblade on February 10, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Good, I hope to never hear her name again.

jarodea on February 10, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Mimzey on February 10, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Spreading rumors about the candidates is not considered legitimate debate.

cimbri on February 10, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Carly lives in VA and there is some talk she may run for Senate.

huckleberryfriend on February 10, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Carly was red hot for a few months back then. She was making more sense than anyone, and had a dead grip on the issues. I think what happened was that as she became taken seriously, her record at HP swung to the front and center. It was at that point she choked. Her Twitter campaign was suicidal, as if she didn’t want anyone to follow through and click the links.

paul1149 on February 10, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Carly Fiorina: I’m out

Sorry Carly, you were never in.
At least not in a Presidential capacity.

Voodoo Chile on February 10, 2016 at 9:56 PM

…I don’t care what anybody says…After Tramp & Cruise…I liked her!

JugEarsButtHurt on February 10, 2016 at 10:27 PM

She did the best job of any candidate in communicating conservative principles in a clear, unambiguous manner.

How many Trump supporters out there actually know what his plan is for health care? Sure, he claims he will repeal and replace ObamaCare, but replace it with what? He’s stated in the past that he favors government run single payer health care.

If not offered a job in a Republican administration, she should run for political office in VA.

sixchickensleft on February 10, 2016 at 10:32 PM

I like Carly. Maybe Cruz will give her a cabinet position when he is POTUS.

Cherokee on February 11, 2016 at 9:29 AM

There was never a level playing field for ideas with Jeb and his pac money and Trump and his own means/private jet in the race. Should there be a level playing field, no, but the media could have made a difference covering Carly. She did the local on the ground politics and NH, did well in outreach to voters, looked and sounded smart and experienced, but was overshadowed. Some ran rumors of how terrible it was that she ran a company that evolved, and her company used the H1B visa back when it was true to its conception; others, middle aged men who have fled MA after being made redundant in high tech, scape goated her for everything that has gone wrong since the Clinton era tech bubble. Carly spoke out against Mrs. Clinton every day, therefore she was not allowed on the stage with the boys in the last debate…to show us how bad republicans are…they don’t even have any women candidates, and they did not even give her a children’s table debate, or microphone ahead of time. The media has no responsibility to inform the public in this process, they are the big winners of campaign cash, and don’t “give back.” They are invested in Hilary Clinton’s win, too bad Sanders keeps going like the energizer bunny.
I think Carly needs to endorse Rubio and work for him. Rubio Fiorina would be a great ticket. I wish it would have been Fiorina/Rubio, that would have been “gravitas.”

Fleuries on February 11, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Mr. Arrogant on February 10, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Yes because filing bankruptcy 4 times and screwing over investors is so much more business savvy and admirable than laying off employees. Most of you couldn’t run a Laundromat.

Don’t understand the hatred and animosity towards her and for you knuckle draggers making fun of her looks, I really wish you had your own pics displayed here so we could all make fun of your faces. I’m sure you’re all super hawt.

Buttercup on February 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM