Let’s start election day off right, with Trump repeating a fan who called Ted Cruz a “pussy” over waterboarding

posted at 11:21 am on February 9, 2016 by Allahpundit

The best part of this is watching some Trump fans this morning trying to do damage control by insisting that he didn’t call Cruz a pussy, it was an audience member who did. Night and day. Trump merely … amplified the sentiment so that thousands of people could hear it, then jokingly pretended to scold the person who shouted it. The room full of Trump supporters cheered him the whole way. What could possibly lead you to believe from that that he, and they, were endorsing what she said?

And why would his base even want to spin for him on this? Isn’t this the genital subtext of the whole campaign, that Trump has “balls the size of watermelons” (as the woman who insulted Cruz put it) whereas everyone else is a pussy? The only surprise is that it took Trump this long to actually use the word himself — and that he used it on Cruz rather than Jeb Bush, whom he’s been emasculating using various other euphemisms for the better part of nine months now.

Mic found the woman who originally shouted the comment about Cruz. She declined to tell us her name or be photographed, but agreed to answer a few questions. The 52-year-old woman from Salem, New Hampshire, said the Trump event was her first political rally of the cycle, but described herself a “huge Trump supporter.”

“I watched the debate, and [Ted Cruz] just comes across as a pussy,” she told Mic on the floor of the Verizon center. “He doesn’t have the balls to stand up to Putin. He doesn’t have the balls to stand up to other leaders of others countries.”

When asked whether she trusts Trump, she answered, “He’s got the balls the size of watermelons, whereas the other ones got the balls of little grapes.” She then specified the size of other candidates’ testicles. “The other one, Rubio, [has balls] like a raisin.”

One reason that Cruz is a “pussy” about waterboarding, by the way, is because his father was tortured by Batista’s government in Cuba, which understandably left the junior Cruz a bit squeamish about pressure tactics. Team Cruz could have mentioned that in their reply to Trump but instead they chose to keep it light. Here’s Cruz’s spokesman, Rick Tyler, using the word “whipped” very deliberately, I suspect:

Says Ben Shapiro, “By broadening the label ‘anti-PC’ to simple vulgarity, Trump does those of us who despise PC a grave disservice.” Good point: The more people equate “anti-PC” with standing up at a presidential rally and calling someone a pussy, the more trivial the effort seems. But I think this has been part of Trump’s appeal since the beginning, that by him being “anti-PC” in a particular way, like calling for mass deportation of illegals, it allows other people to be “anti-PC” in their particular way. His alt-right fan base is a perfect example; Trump has stayed away from white nationalism but they see him as a kindred spirit anyway because, at its most basic level, being politically incorrect means saying things that the political class normally won’t tolerate, whether that’s “build a wall” or “Cruz is a pussy” or “white power.” Trump has moved the Overton window on what’s acceptable in political discourse even at the presidential level. That’s great in some ways, less great in others.

Go read David Brody, who thinks undecided evangelicals in South Carolina and beyond won’t look kindly at Trump for profane wisecracks like this. They’ve forgiven him his other excesses so I don’t see why this would be a big deal, but if you’re looking for a scenario where Cruz has the last laugh on him, there you go.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

What corruption are you pointing out?

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:21 PM

I thought you were a pilot?

Corruption, money changes the plans, the inspections etc. on a minor scale and changes the zoning, EIRs etc. on a grand scale.

Neitherleftorright on February 9, 2016 at 5:25 PM

katee bayer on February 9, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Dang, shot down, again.

Hey wingman, could you help me out with these flames?

Then we’ll both go in search of some young chicks with daddy issues.
How many one’s ya’ got?

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Stick and rudder baby and keep moving. My ingredients for love is a place on the water, big boat, booze, and sun; then wait for nightfall. If that don’t work I got a black credit card.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM

So Trump calls the only person who has stood up and fought Obama, the democrats, and the GOPe a pu$$y? And Trump sings the praises of Pelosi, Reid and Schumer. Those supporting Trump are idiots.

fight like a girl on February 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Yeah but it’s ok because Trump doesn’t stand by anything he says so his word means nothing.
He’ll contradict himself and say the exact opposite tomorrow. Something to the effect of how he always liked Cruz and considers him brave and chivalrous.

Buttercup on February 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM

What corruption are you pointing out?

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:21 PM

I thought you were a pilot
?

Neitherleftorright on February 9, 2016 at 5:25 PM

I am. Background—CPA, pilot, construction, large events, some other stuff. I ain’t young and been around.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:30 PM

fight like a girl on February 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Buttercup on February 9, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Why does Trump rub you guys the wrong way? I don’t much like the guy, but have no need to get wrapped around the axle. I don’t like digging up my septic tank field lines either, but why complain. It is what it is and do your thing and vote for your guy.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:33 PM

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:33 PM

You ever been around a pack of Chihuahuas?

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Lime in the Coconut on February 9, 2016 at 5:07 PM

I’m currently in the middle of a British crime novel, in between wasting my time here and shoveling snow. I learned a couple of terms overnight I didn’t know before.

As in, some of these commenters can be right proper tossers given half a chance.

Is that the correct usage?

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM

You won’t have to take your rubber to that.

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:38 PM

You ever been around a pack of Chihuahuas?

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Whats wrong with chihuahuas? i have one , hubby is working on getting me a second one this one a cross between a miniature and a tea cup. My current one is a standard size :)

katee bayer on February 9, 2016 at 5:39 PM

You won’t have to take your rubber to that.

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Heh.

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Is that the correct usage?

hillbillyjim on February 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Tossers is used more in OZ and NZ. Wankers more in the UK. My experience from working in those places, but I am just a RedNeck Irish Git.

Other words will be confusing at first like spotted dick.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:42 PM

katee bayer on February 9, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Nothing, if that’s what you like.

But get a pack of them together and they can be a nasty frothing gang of ankle biters who think they are the size of Great Danes. With annoying whiny barks and they don’t know when to stop.

Trump hatin’ nutballs are like that.
So are Cruz hatin’ nutballs.
And so are…

I could go on, but have to go get little cozmo.

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Hey, I found the broad’s picture.

Seth Halpern on February 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM

You ever been around a pack of Chihuahuas?

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:36 PM

If pit bulls were as mean and ornery as Chihuahuas, humans would wear collars and sleep in pens.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Other words will be confusing at first like spotted dick.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Especially when you have a fag with that.

Neitherleftorright on February 9, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Hey, I found the broad’s picture.

Seth Halpern on February 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM

You win. I am now voting for Trump.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:46 PM

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 5:43 PM

LOL! i must concede you have a point, i still love my baby though.

katee bayer on February 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM

But, TED CRUZ is not against waterboarding……these people are clueless

And Donald just pointed out again he is in favor of removing the “artificial” lines of states for his health care plan…..that’s no competition SINGLE PAYER

Realdemocrat1 on February 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Previously posted on the Trump would consider Cruz for VP thread.

Trump White House-day after inauguration.

Trump: Putin says he’s getting more p*ssy than I am. Nuke him.

Staff: Sir, only Congress has the authority to declare war.

Trump: This isn’t war it’s a retaliatory strike.

Staff: Traditionally more people would be involved in making this decision due to the potential ramifications.

Trump: Nuke him.

Staff: Sir, you’ll need to put that in writing and sign it.

Trump puts it in writing and signs it.

Russia is nuked by US.

Day 2:

Staff: Sir, Russia is threatening to retaliate for our nuclear attack.

Trump: What nuclear attack?

Staff: The attack you ordered yesterday.

Trump: I never ordered an attack.

Staff: You put it in writing and signed it.

Trump: That’s in the past. Let it go.

talkingpoints on February 5, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Interesting times.

talkingpoints on February 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Realdemocrat1 on February 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM

What is your definition of single payer?

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Interesting times.

talkingpoints on February 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM

A little Slim Pickens riding a Nuke is just what this country needs. Man up and enjoy the ride!

There is a Photoshop opportunity right thar for free.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:59 PM

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 5:33 PM

First off I wasn’t being sarcastic when I said he doesn’t stand by anything he says. This entire campaign and frankly his entire life he says something and then walks it back and says the exact opposite. He is not held accountable for anything he ever says and does and when called out he just hurls insults.
He’s been a liberal his entire life. In 2012 he was donating and helping Obama, Reid and Pelosi get elected.
Jan 2016 he is on record stating he wants Universal healthcare and will cover everyone. The Gov’t will pay for it with a Corporate tax. He’s fine with partial birth abortion, eminent domain, ethanol subsidies. He has no intention of restricting the size of Gov or their role in our lives. If he does I have yet to hear it.
Now we’re supposed to believe he’s going to throw out all the illegals and build a wall? When Romney suggested self-deportation of illegals Trump said that was mean. Mean! hahaha that is laughable. The guy is a shameless liar and panderer and will say anything he thinks he needs to say to get elected and his supporters lap it up. Not unlike Obama’s drones.
They make immigration the only issue because they can’t possibly talk about his conservative values he doesn’t have any. Pay to play. Bribe, extort and bully is how he operates. Those NY values he holds so dear.
He has no record only his word and his word has no value.
I can go on but it’s 6:00, I’m off the clock and that means beer thirty.
Anyway you asked.
G’nite.

Buttercup on February 9, 2016 at 6:01 PM

I’m all about removing state lines with medical insurance.

forgot to bid on February 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Buttercup on February 9, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Thanks for the response and relax and enjoy your beer. I will buy the first round.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM

I’m all about removing state lines with medical insurance.

forgot to bid on February 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Donald wants to remove all states lines? Man, no states? He is for expanding the federal government!

I know what you meant. Just funnin.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:08 PM

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Thanks, I’m drinking Grolsch clink!
I forgot to add that of all the vile, rude, mean things Trump said, insulting our POW’s while he himself didn’t serve and took the cowards way out really took the cake.

Buttercup on February 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Obviously when her mother told her that “a boy only picks on you if you peak his interest” she listened to the SJW crowd and not hre mother.

katee bayer on February 9, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Ye Olde Pantless One Only Wishes You Were Correct.

I didn’t run away from him. I’m just sick of the jackassery and circular firing squad going on around here. Cruz isn’t even an American! Right-O! Let’s focus on Cruz and let Her Imperial Royal Thighness waltzed her big fat arse into the White House through the double doors. Talk about cutting off our noses to spite our faces or taking our eyes off the ball. Sheesh. And, if by some miracle, she does get indicted, perp walked, strip searched, convicted, and imprisoned, the same stupid Americans that elected Barack Obama twice could very well elect our very first openly Socialist POTUS.

Plus, I do actually have a life that entails other things than Hot Air. So, when I am away, I am sure that Cozmo can find something – however small – to play with.

Lime in the Coconut on February 9, 2016 at 6:23 PM

Lime in the Coconut on February 9, 2016 at 6:23 PM

The folks that will pick our next President will not be those on political blog as that is an insignificant percentage of the voting population. These blogs are for fun, entertainment, bias confirmation, learning a few things, and yapping with folks with common interests.

I sincerely hope no one thinks their political banter will move the needle, when it comes to comments on these sites.

But, it is fun to banter.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM

She’s been kind of testy, for a while now.

This election is getting to her.

If Trump removes state lines, I’ll get testy. I like the shape of our state.

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 6:44 PM

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Oh c’mon now, with the passion some freaks folks here have…of course they think they are changing the world.

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 6:46 PM

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 6:46 PM

People now-a-days just don’t have commitment. I remember the Monk who set himself on fire, and did not cry out, to protest the Vietnam war.

That was commitment. He did help change the world as that one picture was part of the game changer back then.

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:51 PM

HonestLib on February 9, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Heck, I forgot the merchant’s name who did the same thing in Morocco and started the Arab Spring.

We’re ‘Mericans. We don’t do commitment. Can’t miss our shows ya’ know.

cozmo on February 9, 2016 at 6:59 PM

I think there needs to be differentiation between Waterboarding and Torture in this context.

Rubio’s dad was probably legit tortured in the true sense (read: beating, cutting, burning, etc.)

Waterboarding is an intense form of fear (of drowning to be specific).

I’ve seen torture and waterboarding is not even in the same universe.

Voodoo Chile on February 9, 2016 at 7:05 PM

conservativemusician on February 9, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Great post.

Now run for your life.

portlandon on February 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM

True that. He is a brave soul.

idalily on February 9, 2016 at 7:42 PM

I hear your faith in Trump. I can’t share it.

He is a businessman, but in a very specific field, real estate. So his experience is a type of dealing that is not really done in the boardrooms the way the chairman of GE or GM does. In the east coast real estate world there is a lot of corruption and bending of the rules, using one’s money and connections to get what one wants. That happens, unfortunately, in our congress, but in a convoluted and more indirect manner. So his skill with that is suspect.

While he may be able to coax congress to do somethings, provided he has a majority of them to work with, he has no power over the courts. Another unfortunate aspect to our current system is that more and more of our laws, policies,and rules are being created through the courts and no president has the authority to overrule that. Our vaunted republican congress is fawningly helping Obama to stack the courts, so it is only going to get worse.

The best that Trump has to offer is that he is a blank slate in the world of government. The worst that Trump has to offer is he is a blank slate in the world of government.

While I would vote for him over Hillary, Bernie or any other candidate offered by the democrats, one really can’t say with any surety what he will do. He has zero government record or action to base a belief on. All he has are platitudes.

Obviously he isn’t an idiot, but he also isn’t a miracle worker, which based on comments both here and in the press, is what many believe him to be.

Neitherleftorright on February 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Well said. 100% agree. Trump is a total wild card.

idalily on February 9, 2016 at 8:03 PM