New UM Lowell poll shows Trump still dominating in NH

posted at 1:01 pm on February 3, 2016 by Ed Morrissey

Did the surprising results of the Iowa caucus change the calculus in New Hampshire? A new release from the tracking poll by the University of Massachusetts-Lowell shows Donald Trump still dominating with 38% of the vote, but the runners-up starting to put some distance between themselves and the rest of the pack. At least for now, the race may shape up to be the same three-person finish as in Iowa, but in a different order:

Donald Trump continues to lead the Republican field by a wide margin even after a second-place finish in Iowa on Monday night. Trump’s lead over his nearest rival is 24 points and he is steady with the support of 38 percent of likely Republican primary voters polled. Ted Cruz is in second place at 14 percent (no change over yesterday) and Marco Rubio is in third at 12 percent (up 2 percent). Jeb Bush held his 9 percent support, followed by John Kasich at 7 percent (down 2 percent) and Chris Christie at 6 percent (up 1 percent). Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are tied at 3 percent of support and Rand Paul is at 2 percent.

It might help to take a peek under the hood on this tracking poll:

umass-lowell-tracking

At least so far, Trump’s not paying a price for his unexpected loss in Iowa. The tracking data shows no change at all in Trump’s support, which is rock-solid at 38% all three days. That’s slightly to the high end of Trump’s support in other polling, but not far off from it, according to the RCP list. Almost every poll in the last three months (save for ARG’s two surveys) have put Trump’s lead in double digits, so the gaps match up pretty well to other polling as well.

Other changes within the tracking poll are more subtle. Ted Cruz gained two points to move from 12% to 14%, but Marco Rubio has increased his support by half since Monday, 8% to 12%. He’s on top of the Kasich-Bush-Christie trio of governors who have put all of their electoral eggs in the Granite State basket. If that trend line continues, Rubio could top Cruz in New Hampshire and complete the second leg of his presumed 3-2-1 strategy to build enough momentum to win in South Carolina and seize control of the race. But given the very large gap between 1st and 2nd place in most NH polling — about 20 points or so — a distant second might not change the race in South Carolina much.

There’s another good trend for Rubio, though, and that is that his support is firming up — but so is Jeb Bush’s:

umass-lowell-tracking2

This is more like relatively good news. It’s better than where Rubio started the week, improving by double digits, but Trump and Cruz supporters are still more sure of their vote, and so are Kasich’s voters. Bush voters are as sure as Rubio voters. By the end of the week, Rubio had better see significant improvement in both categories, because New Hampshire primaries are traditionally driven by late deciders:

There are a couple of data points to watch in the crosstabs. One, Trump has a significant gender gap, with 43% of men supporting him but only 32% of women — still enough to lead among both, of course. Rubio does better with women than anyone but Trump at 16%, but only gets 9% of men. Trump’s support is roughly equal between independents and Republicans, and also between self-identified moderates and conservatives. Cruz only gets 5% of the moderate vote but 20% of conservatives, while Rubio gets 11% and 14%, respectively.

Over on the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders is clobbering Hillary Clinton 63/30 among likely voters, with most of those voters claiming little chance of changing their minds. Don’t expect a lot of mystery next Tuesday on that side of the aisle.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Limbaugh: ‘I Don’t Like This Idea’ of Rubio Labeled as ‘an Establishment Candidate’

Sorry Rush, pull your head out of your fat azz.

Rubio is 100% pure Grade A prime GOPe pork. A Bush/McCain clone.
He won’t get a single Dem vote and will lose half of the nation’s conservatives as well.

Marco will unify the country–against another disastrous Bush Presidency.

james23 on February 2, 2016 at 8:17 PM
~
Candidate Marco Rubio Tells Jorge Ramos, in Spanish, That Obama’s Unilateral Amnesty Is A Good Thing and Should Be Part of Permanent Amnesty Solution…

anotherJoe on February 3, 2016 at 3:07 PM

We speak American here, take your Cambodian somewhere else.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 2:57 PM

How dare you downplay what happened in the Killing Fields! Figures a Nazi like you would support Pol Pot! Like Glenn Beck says, there is no difference between Commies, Fascists, and Trumpers. Progressives!

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Del Dolemonte on February 3, 2016 at 3:04 PM My state had tornadoes you are lucky with the rain…..

sorrowen on February 3, 2016 at 3:09 PM

You Trumpers should just keep clinging to those polls. I’m sure that will work out wonderfully for you.

Excellent117 on February 3, 2016 at 1:56 PM

And you keep on name-calling, and hoping we’ll come back to support you in the general. I’m sure that will work out wonderfully for you.

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Glenn is a prophet.

4 years ago he said that Rick Santorum was the next George Washington, and he got that one totally right.

Redstone on February 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Sorry Rush, pull your head out of your fat azz.

anotherJoe on February 3, 2016 at 3:07 PM

“I felt a great disturbance in the Politics, as if millions of dollars suddenly changed hands, and were promptly pocketed. I fear something terrible has happened.”

Rix on February 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Not a Trumper, I support Kasich.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:10 PM Anti-Trumpers are far,far more annoying then Trumpers…

sorrowen on February 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM

What you posted is stupid, redundant, and made you a patsy…a little puppet fool.

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Whatever you want to create in your head…the only way to know is to ask the parties…

And I explained it…end of debate, unless you have other real facts.

Good grief…cuando se está mal, sólo admitirlo…it’s OK.

But your obsession with “getting me” makes you look foolish, and is boring.

Your obsession with me, sometimes is unnerving…I am glad you don’t know where I live.

What I would suggest…move on, keep posts of people from months ago is just too strange and weird.

Obsession is dangerous…let it go my sick friend.

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Hey, what did Rush say to the caller and was the caller some sort of shouting ahole or were they just not agreeing with Rush or something?

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 2:56 PM

The caller was telling Rush that she was from Florida and attended a rally/townhall meeting with Rubio. Rubio started talking about immigration and his plan. Apparently, quite a few of the ppl in attendance stood up and let Rubio know that they wanted no amnesty and to stop the flow of illegals. She (the caller) said he agreed with them, and then he proceeded to stab them in the back once he was elected to the Senate and with the Gang of 8 Bill.

Rush said in a very condescending, sarcastic, and mocking voice: “Oh no! Rubio is not perfect! He’s a horrible person!”

And then he went to break.

He came back after break and apologized and said that he was just trying to be funny.

Riiiiiiiiiight…..

LOL He’s definitely, obviously, trying to get people to come around to Rubio. I believe he truly believes that Rubio is going to be the nominee and he also knows A LOT of people will stay home and NOT vote if Rubio is the nominee.

It’s blatantly obvious that he is trying to change the listener’s opinion of Rubio so the will once again go vote for the GOPe nominee.

As for me… IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! NO MORE!!

Nineball on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

I am the perfect candidate, of course — but I am not running.

Jeff Sessions is my second choice, but he isn’t running either.

Trump is my third choice — at least he read Jeff’s Roadmap to Victory, published 13 months ago, and still unread by any other candidate.

fred5678 on February 3, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Excellent post! I agree with your listings. Mine was the same, except with Cruz listed as my fourth choice. However, I’ve now scratched that based on the unethicalness of Cruz, and the nastiness of his supporters toward others.

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

I decided as of today I will no longer be taking the high road if Trump wins next week. I will be smearing it in every little anti-Trump’s face. They have acted like third graders and I will relish returning the well deserved fire.

NWConservative on February 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Amen, brother.

I won’t be hurling slurs and insults and cussing people out like they do.

However, I will definitely gloat a bit, mostly towards those who are particularly nasty and vile.

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Top Headline at Drudge:

Palin Slams Cruz Campaign ‘Lies’…

The Drudge Report

anotherJoe on February 3, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Redstone on February 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Yeah well ol’ Beck was dying when he said that, the poor guy wasn’t right in the head due to fever.

He’s better now, though this morning he thinks he might have caught the Zika bug and will be dead by Saturday.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Meh, he answers all around here.

You don’t want to be as paranoid as Gelsomina, joana or not2bright, and a few others :)

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Sorry… some typos there.

I meant to post:

It’s blatantly obvious that he is trying to change listeners’ opinions of Rubio so they will once again go vote for the GOPe nominee.

Nineball on February 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Not a Trumper, I support Kasich.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM

Bishop?

Are you sure you weren’t taken to the Pod People Factory during your absence? :)

anotherJoe on February 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM

sorrowen on February 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM

There is “annoying”… and then there’s just downright “nasty”. Lately, Cruz supporters have crossed that line. They have gotten downright mean with the name-calling. I was originally hoping for a Trump/Cruz ticket, ever since the first debate, and you can go back and see my posts stating that with my reasoning on WHY. But now, I don’t want that.

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Not a Trumper, I support Kasich.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM

From Ohio, the birthplace of Progressivism! I listen to Glenn Beck and you will not fool me. Glenn Beck said Paul Ryan was most impressive student of progressive politics he’s ever heard!

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Which Venezuelan did he sleep with?

If you leave, again, in this round, I’m sending a posse after you :)

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Don’t you just love how suddenly the narrative has shifted from “Trump is a loser!” to “Cruz is a cheater!”?

Trump is very good at this. exposing Cruz fraud and at the same time rallying and lifting up his own troops just as the media is trying to depress and suppress them.

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

And I explained it…end of debate, unless you have other real facts.

Good grief…cuando se está mal, sólo admitirlo…it’s OK.

But your obsession with “getting me” makes you look foolish, and is boring.

Obsession is dangerous…let it go my sick friend.

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That just proves you agree with me…thank you for posting that…

But you’re problem with the Republican’s is not immigration…that is not your problem.

You take things too personally…and you don’t understand when I post about molesting…sad.

Honestly, you’re stalking is creepy, and a bit weird.

But Trump is for amnesty…and you are one of his shills, predictable and obsessive…and gay.

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

If you could all send Beck a nice card and buy some food insurance off his website it would really lift his spirits before he passes.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Hey, were you the one saying you called in to Rush?

If so, when was it and what did you say?

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:18 PM

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM My issue with Cruz is becoming that he somehow decides who is conservative…which I don’t like really. I like Cruz and Trump but Ted is turning me off mostly with the prophet Glenn Beck…

sorrowen on February 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM

NH Harper Polling:

Hot Air darlings Rubio and Cruz battling for 4th and 5th place…

mjbrooks3 on February 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM

A forward looking election post? Didn’t see that coming.

wolfsDad on February 3, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Hey, were you the one saying you called in to Rush?

If so, when was it and what did you say?

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:18 PM

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s David in Louisville. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Rush, great to talk to you again. I appreciate you taking my call.

RUSH: You bet, sir.

CALLER: I’ve just got two quick questions if you don’t mind and, by the way, Rush, not mad at you, I promise. Just for full disclosure, I’m a Trump supporter, but I’m gonna pick up for Cruz here. I’d just like to know, given Megyn Kelly’s admitted dishonesty in the debate with Cruz, do you still think she’s not a bad person?

RUSH: Now, wait.

CALLER: The day before the debate you said she wasn’t a bad person and that she’s a professional.

RUSH: Which dishonesty are you talking about? The first debate?

CALLER: No, the most recent debate, where she called out Cruz and then after the debate — I’m referencing the California phone call where he pointed out that she admitted she was wrong after the debate when nobody was watching.

RUSH: This was the issue about amnesty —

CALLER: Yes, sir.

RUSH: — where she admitted afterwards that he was right about it. When I said that she’s a good person, I’m talking about my personal interactions with her. I can’t say that I know her. She’s not in my close circle of friends. We don’t live anywhere near each other. But I’ve been with her enough, she doesn’t target people. She’s trying to forge her own path in her career. She’s a journalist and there are certain things that journalists have to do there. I’m not defending that. She goes after Cruz. She went After Trump.

I think, when you get right down to it, if you want to know what I think is the bottom line, I think Fox is burdened with this belief that everybody in the media thinks they’re conservative, and they don’t want to be thought of that way, so they will purposefully hit conservatives hard to show that they are not friends and not biased in favor of conservatives. It’s no different than the way the Republican Party tries to constantly prove they’re not the mean guys the Democrats say.

Many conservative journalists — it’s not just Fox — many conservative journalists will do and say things hoping to not be criticized as partisan by their brothers and sisters in the Drive-By Media. And I don’t think it’s any more complicated than that. But she can still be a good person even after doing the things that she’s done with Trump or Cruz. Those are professional. I was speaking personally and I was just trying to make the point here that she’s not evil, and she’s not diabolical. It was the only point that I was trying to make.

CALLER: One last question if you don’t mind.

RUSH: Sure.

CALLER: This is regarding Trump. He gets a lot of attacks for his past liberal positions. And you’ve spent your entire career trying to persuade people toward conservatism.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: And I find that a lot of your detractors call him a liar for flip-flopping to conservative positions. And I just find it interesting that we spend so much time trying to persuade people to convert to conservatism, and then when one guy says he did convert, we call him a liar.

RUSH: Well, who is “we”?

CALLER: By “we” I mean people on the conservative side who say that he is not really a conservative because of his past positions. They’re saying he flip-flopped.

RUSH: Okay, okay. And there are a decent number of those out there. You’re right, there are a decent number.

CALLER: What’s the point of arguing conservatism if we’re gonna call somebody a liar when they say they’re conservative.

RUSH: Well, I think it’s rooted in the fact that they don’t think Trump’s conversion is legit, that he’s just saying these things, and they think that he gives it away with momentary slip-ups that indicate that he hasn’t really converted to anything.

CALLER: I don’t see any guile in him. The very fact that he says what’s on his mind, even to his own detriment, the kinds of insults —

RUSH: I’m not —

CALLER: — things like that tells me that he doesn’t have guile.

RUSH: Guile defined as deceit?

CALLER: Yeah. He’s not a slick Harvard lawyer, so he says what’s on his mind. So he doesn’t come across like he’s hiding things.

RUSH: Well, no. No, in fact I saw something — I didn’t actually see this so I have to add a caveat here that what I read might not have portrayed this accurately, but it was a story on a CNN reporterette named Alisyn Camerota. And this report said that Alisyn Camerota admitted that journalists are afraid of Trump destroying them if they criticize him. They don’t want to be called losers or whatever names he calls ’em, so they pull back on the criticism. As I say, I didn’t hear her say that. I read it somewhere. I don’t even remember where. It was over the weekend.

But that happens to be true of a lot of people who are afraid to criticize Trump because they don’t want to be called this or that. It’s amazing how that’s paralyzed the Republicans, vis-a-vis the Democrats, and it’s paralyzing some people about Trump as well. Anyway, David, I appreciate the call.

A friend of mine told me O’Reilly had Rush’s first response on his show, and they defended themselves as being journalists and just being fair and balanced and stuff – they just want to find the truth. Nice to see my call got Fox backtracking a bit.

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

fred5678 on February 3, 2016 at 2:11 PM

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

More evidence we need the strongest candidate on issue #2 — islamic hijrah/jihad:

Obama Visits Mosque: ‘Islam Has Always Been Part of America’

“..always been a part of America”, as in “to the shores of Tripoli”??

Islam has been at war with America (and the Western world) since our founding.

fred5678 on February 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

No. They don’t. These were the same people on the Fiorina train, the Carson train, and now the Cruz train.

So, because they “change” candidates…be it because the candidate sees polls that show otherwise, or lack of donors, etc…they can’t switch support?

Sounds a little like a Reality TV show, doesn’t it? “You HAVE to like me, or YOU’RE a sellout!…Heretic!…Last piece of chocolate cake in the fridge eater!

Would you feel that way of tomorrow every candidate below 4th place pledged their loyalty to Trump?

I’m just saying, DON’T make this race a Cult of Personality the the mold of Obama/Clinton…you will NOT like the outcome.

In states that are not that corn addled Iowa? Yes. Because he is.

Ah, but it WAS “Corn Addled” IA…the same IA that’s been there since Ethanol was hatched.

Tr

Or is he just a smarter than average Republican, able to sell sugar water to a diabetic in the desert?

And yes, I’m speaking as a person that lived in the city that Trump did, and worked around the same voters (both sides of the spectrum) that he claims “appeal” to.

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Am I the only one at this site that read through the exit polling on Iowa? He drew tons of support from across the political spectrum, as did Rubio, but Trump did especially well with the group the Republican party didn’t have turn out for them in 2008 and 2012, blue collar individuals.

Cruz didn’t win independents, democrats, and didn’t win well outside of evangelicals.

Cruz will be the Barry Goldwater of 2016, not Trump.

NWConservative on February 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:24 PM

OT: It’s official. Rush is in the tank for Rubio. He was a real prick to a caller about 10 minutes ago. He apologized for it, but whatever….

He is pushing and pushing and pushing Rubio.

Not gonna work on me, Rushbo.

Trump or Cruz, that’s it for me.

Nineball on February 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM

So Limbaugh is in favor of the invasion of America by tens of millions of third worlders and the resultant destruction of the Republic.

He is no better than Obama.

VorDaj on February 3, 2016 at 3:26 PM

dominigan on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2016 at 3:27 PM

NH is a primary Trump should absolutely dominate. Like Trump, the state’s GOP voters are moderate on nearly all policy issues. Given an open primary, and Sanders with a huge lead over Clinton, liberal Dems will be able to cross over and vote for Trump as he most mirrors their political positions. If Trump doesn’t win by a landslide, it would be another shock to his campaign. The devil help him if he under performs again like he did in IA.

Dan333 on February 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Is he dying again?

VorDaj on February 3, 2016 at 3:28 PM

He is no better than Obama.

VorDaj on February 3, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Nor are those who won’t quit listening to him.

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Palin Slams Cruz Campaign ‘Lies’…

The Drudge Report

anotherJoe on February 3, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Not that she cares being a maverick and all but the feedback she’s getting on there isn’t exactly positive.

Buttercup on February 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM

After Mitt said three times on Charlie Rose, “They have to go home”, when Rose asked him what to do about the “11 million” in May, 2012, I decided to back Romney.

I drove campaign vans on weekends and walked neighborhoods, etc. — and then 48 hours after the election, Romney and the rest of the GOPe did a 180 on their pledge in the 2012 platform.

FORTY EIGHT HOURS TO BREAK YOUR CAMPAIGN PROMISE!

In this country, the rule of law guarantees equal treatment to every individual, including more than one million immigrants to whom we grant permanent residence every year. That is why we oppose any form of amnesty for those who, by intentionally violating the law, disadvantage those who have obeyed it. Granting amnesty only rewards and encourages more law breaking.

fred5678 on February 3, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Yes. The whole Romney fiasco was what convinced me the GOP could not be supported any longer.

I reluctantly held my nose and voted for him, even though I figured he was probably lying on immigration, and the GOP idiots who spent months trashing good conservatives like Perry and Gingrich, and who assured us that Romney had it in the bag were completely, totally wrong. All they succeeded in doing was splitting the party and handing Emperor Obama another four years.

NEVER. AGAIN.

(This is, incidentially, why I ignore their caterwauling about Trump’s supposed “liberal” positions. It’s hard to take pseudo-Democrats seriously when they tell me someone is “too liberal.”)

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 3:32 PM

In states that are not that corn addled Iowa? Yes. Because he is.

Trump came OUT in support of Ethanol, and he still did not come in 1st. Cruz cam out against it. So what does that say or mean? YMMV.

But the exit polls (I take polls with a 10lb bag of salt in general) don’t reflect the ENTRY polls (people that went in and pulled the lever), and unless you can show definitively otherwise, it didn’t make a difference.

UNLESS you have definitive proof that a conspiracy is afoot, the best you can say is that Trump pitched the idea, and the backers of IA weren’t interested.

Cruz will be the Barry Goldwater of 2016, not Trump.

NWConservative on February 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM

BUT, Cruz DID win a percentage of more VOTERS than Trump did. Whatever their label

(independents, democrats, and didn’t win well outside of evangelicals)

…and that’s the point isn’t it? To sell a better vision and slate of ideas more than the other guy/gal?

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:32 PM

It is STILL all Rubio and Trump all the time.
Cruz can barely get a photo or post about him up at HA.
He won Iowa, right?
But I guess…so did Santorum once.

verbaluce on February 3, 2016 at 3:32 PM

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Hey nice one, man! Way to keep their feet to the fire.

Rush has seriously lost me. I used to be a mega dittohead, but I think Rush has jumped the shark with his Rubio praise.

He always says his audience isn’t a bunch of mind-numbed robots, which he is right about for the most part, at least in my case.

However, he then turns around and tries to treat us like we’re all stupid and will believe whatever crap he spews out. Well, he’s basically dead to me at this point. The future of our country is too important to be playing around with right now.

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:33 PM

He is no better than Obama.

VorDaj on February 3, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Nor are those who won’t quit listening to him.

Schadenfreude on February 3, 2016 at 3:29 PM

I’ve quite listening to him now. Haven’t been listening to him all that much for awhile because his schtick was wearing thin with me. However, now I’m done completely after the last couple days he’s spent trashing Trump and shilling for Cruz and Rubio.

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:35 PM

MORE evidence we need the strongest candidate against creeping galloping sharia:

He specifically addressed young Muslim Americans, urging them not to grow cynical.

“Let me say it as clearly as I can, as President of the United States, you fit in here. Right here. You’re right where you belong. You’re part of America too,” he said.

According to photos on Twitter of the speech, the audience in the mosque was segregated – men in one section and women in a special balcony.

The view from the women’s balcony of Eid prayer at the Islamic Society of Baltimore @POTUS #MosqueVisit #PrayIn pic.twitter.com/89HBLtkH52

— Ify Okoye (@IfyOk) February 3, 2016

Obama says you’re right where you belong, ladies — IN THE BALCONY!! And not the special balcony — the islamic STANDARD balcony.

If Hillary wins in November, she will be sitting in the balcony, too.

fred5678 on February 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Yes, poor Glenn Beck is dying again, he was infected with the Zika bug after eating at Chipotle (he also got food poisoning there) and will probably pass before Saturday.

So please, buy some food insurance and gold off his website, if enough is purchased he may stage a miraculous recovery before dying again next month of Ebola.

Bishop on February 3, 2016 at 3:37 PM

An interesting take on Cruz and New Hampshire:

excerpt:

Ted Cruz thinks he’s going to win Iowa, and will compete for the nomination with whichever of the establishment candidates wins New Hampshire. But he’s selling himself short. He should also win New Hampshire, allowing him to wrap up the nomination on March 1st.

For if he wins Iowa, he will have defeated the ethanol lobby. And beating Big Corn on its home turf is what can propel him to a win in New Hampshire.

can_con on February 3, 2016 at 3:38 PM

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

You talked to Rush? Who would’ve guessed? You shouldn’t have been so quiet about?

Tater Salad on February 3, 2016 at 3:40 PM

Buttercup on February 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Well, there’s been a latent PDS going on awhile now.

And Mrs. Palin, don’t forget how the MSM used to jump on your shyte whenever an favored media story was floated, only to be cut down by the truth.

What’s that line about judging lest ye be…? ESPECIALLY since we are still sorting out timelines and hunting the origin of the Carson story.

If it DOES circle back to Trumps camp its gonna look bad, to say the least…or ANYONE running, actually.

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:13 PM

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Okay, admit it. Did you two make an r2b random post generator?

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Okay, admit it. Did you two make an r2b random post generator?

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Wow…its one of the stalker boi’s…pretty sad you guy’s are so obsessed with me…sick

Redstone on February 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Rubio now explaining his Gang of Eight bill to Hannity.

“immigration needs to be best for America and Americans”

“once we secure the border we can discuss what’s best…”

T R A I T O R

fred5678 on February 3, 2016 at 3:45 PM

The Art of Deal: The Fox Debate

Trump demands Megyn Kelly be removed from moderator panel.
Ailes refuses.
Trump demands $5M to appear at the debate.
Ailes refuses.
Trump skips debate in a huff.
Trump under performs big time in IA and finishes second.
Trump admits skipping the debate wasn’t a good idea.

Dan333 on February 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Okay, admit it. Did you two make an r2b random post generator?

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Microsoft made it for us, right after they finished the Rubio Vote Generator.

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Hey nice one, man! Way to keep their feet to the fire.

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 3:33 PM

then you must hold Levin in just as much regards, because I listen to BOTH and they’ve didn’t support OR tear down Trump as much as you make it out to be…they’re just not automatically “in the tank” for any ONE candidate.

Don’t overlay personal likability with critique of performance. They both make the case for all the contenders and also bring up on WHY asking questions of *any* nominee is a good thing.

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Initially I thought Bush would win but now it’s looking more like Rubio.

It really doesn’t matter the individual. The GOP establishment will still have their candidate like they have for the last 30 years

H Bush, Dole, W Bush, McCain, Romney, Rubio (or Bush)

weedisgood on February 3, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Redstone on February 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Good grief, idiocy abounds…that made me laugh.

We all know that Trump supporters do not understand the word “was”…

Trump is playing his people as fools…like tossing feed to a bunch of turkeys, lots of gobbling and noise…and getting fattened up for the slaughter when they look up and realize, Trump is a liberal…

But the obsession with me, it’s funny for awhile, but becomes unnerving…you keep posting the same thing, the time you spend researching what I have posted is a bit strange, that’s for sure.

And I have to admit, I go back and think, have I revealed too much of where I live, because you and that other poster fosttenn or something, are so obsessed with me…like little girls that are ignored.

Grandma and grandpa thugs for not supporting Trump and his foolish antics on stage…Try calling 1-800-waa-waaa

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Initially I thought Bush would win but now it’s looking more like Rubio.

H Bush, Dole, W Bush, McCain, Romney, Rubio (or Bush)

weedisgood on February 3, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Considering whom the above were running AGAINST, I’m okay with it.

Bad enough that we got 8 years of Cankles & Clyde selling/stealing everything from missile technology to the keys on the WH computers and the silverware…but now I and the other American Taxpayers are stuck with paying Obamas vacation/protection bills for the next 40 years.

Wonderful.

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Wonderful.

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Obama would win a 3rd term if allowed.

weedisgood on February 3, 2016 at 4:05 PM

BlaxPac on February 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Actually, Levin tore into Rubio last night, whereas Rush was slobbing on his knob all yesterday.

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 4:06 PM

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Thanks for the transcript of your call with Rush.

Great job!

anotherJoe on February 3, 2016 at 4:07 PM

fossten on February 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Yes, O’Reilly played that reply the other night. I also think Megyn Kelly played it and used it in a discussion with someone, both defending themselves and Fox in general. It was pretty cool that your call, and Rush’s response generated that kind of buzz.

BTW, I spend about 4 days a year in Louisville for a trade show. Some of the best Steakhouses in the country. I can’t get enough of Jeff Ruby’s Bone-in Filet. Damn, now I’m hungry.

Steele on February 3, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 4:06 PM

I heard about that. Looks like Levin is another Cruz supporter that refuses to understand that Rubio was Iowa’s real winner.

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 4:12 PM

He knows. The smarter ones, even Ed and AP, are pretending to be excited about the inevitable “triumph of conservatism” when Cruz wraps up the nomination, until he flames out like Huck and Santorum and they “reluctantly” get behind “less of two evils” Rubio, the Reagan Conservative who made one little mistake.

I don’t know what got into Rush. Perhaps he just freaked at the realization, and wanted to get it over with.

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 4:18 PM

What about Independents? They can vote in either primary.

Buy Danish on February 3, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Uh-oh, Dr. Carson weighs in on the IA controversy!

He is very polite and dignified, but he clearly is not happy about the Cruz fraud! Will HA put this on the front page?

Paperclips on February 3, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Hey, I have great idea?! How about we don’t respond like clapping monkeys to every publicity stunt our personal favourite politicians pulls,and DEFINITELY don’t start attacking each other.

Furthermore, why don’t we use the long years of being political junkies and immediately recognize when our politicians are pulling said OBVIOUS stunts,and dont pretend it’s “super serial” guys.

To applies to all fans of all politicians.

Trump,Cruz,Rubio are all OUR B!TCHES (metaphorically speaking). We’re not theirs.

Oh,and 85% of the readers of this blog STRONGLY OPPOSE illegal immigrations and unlimited immigration,so let’s not start assuming otherwise,again emulating our politicians.

We’re citizens,not politicians

Rodney King asks “Can’t we all just…get along”

Charliecrown on February 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM

Doomberg on February 3, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Yeah; that tricky maneuver in which Rubio finished behind two other people clearly shows that he’s actually the leader.
Looking forward to another audacious 2d or 3d place finish in New Hampshire, establishing his leadership. While Cruz and Trump limp along in first and second.

orangemtl on February 3, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Jose K. So using your own words against you is now strange all of a sudden??? This is an open forum and using a persons own words is the most effective way to debate them or refute their stance. Choose your words more carefully in the future if you think they are strange…..

Indiana Jim on February 3, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Indiana Jim on February 3, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Him and fossten are fishing each other with NWConservative joining in.

Barred on February 3, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Barred. Ahhhh, i get it. Jose was doing his best R2B imitation?? Masterful performance. :-D

Indiana Jim on February 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Indiana Jim on February 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM

;-)

Jose K on February 3, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Yep.

Hillary by 3.

Axe on February 3, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Indiana Jim on February 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM

We got constitutionalist really, really good.

He started going all Nancy Drew on us and determined that since we all started posting in 2014, that we were the same person…

I have saved it for future laughs.

NWConservative on February 3, 2016 at 7:40 PM

The conventional wisdom all along had Trump losing Iowa so unsure where the unexpected comes from. he made a late charge and almost pulled it off with no real presence in the state, no ground game and spending zero. Rubio got basically every drop of the establishment support and still finished third…i just don’t see where his increased support comes from going forward…with christie, bush, kasich all expecting to do better in NH…those votes have to come from somewhere and they arent coming from trump or cruz i dont think.

Paul’s supporters would rather die i assume than support a neocon, so they are going to Trump or Cruz…the best he can hope for if carson fades is what…a third of those evangelical outsider voters ? it seems to em that Cruz or Trump are the ones fighting for the meatiest bone here…the winner of that tug of war would be unstoppable with a clear majority of voters in hand.

johngalt on February 3, 2016 at 7:43 PM

NWC. If you remember Akzed. He used to think me and Anti-Control were the same person because we both like to use the ” :-D ” emoticon. That was until he got banned. Besides, even a fool knows ACs much smarter and more clever than me. :-D

Indiana Jim on February 3, 2016 at 8:53 PM