Cruz: Let’s face it, Trump is “losing it” and might nuke Denmark on a whim as president

posted at 4:23 pm on February 3, 2016 by Allahpundit

Skip to 1:20 below for the key bit. If you’ve been waiting for Cruz to hammer the point that Trump is erratic and potentially dangerous as president, a fear that seemed to have resonance in Iowa, here it is in spades. That’s a smart way to appeal to undecideds, I think, even more so than attacking Trump’s conservative heresies because unpredictability is a quality that most voters naturally disdain in someone running for the world’s most powerful job. Even if you’re at peace with Trump deviating here and there from Reagan orthodoxy, chances are you’re not thrilled at the thought of presidential tweetstorms whenever he doesn’t get his way on something. Rich Lowry rightly praises Cruz here for deftly weaving mockery and substantive criticism of Trump’s record together, which is true, but I’m surprised that Cruz doesn’t emphasize what Trump’s loss in Iowa says about his managerial acumen. That’s the way to kill Trump — not by calling him a RINO, which many of his fans don’t care about, but by using Iowa as proof that the Great and Powerful Oz wasn’t so great and powerful when it counted. If America’s going to do so much winning under Trump that we all get bored with winning, how come the winning didn’t start in Iowa?

If you think the Trump/Cruz war is fun, wait until the Palin/Cruz war heats up. There’s probably no advantage to Cruz in engaging there, but Palin’s doing her best to bait him. Meanwhile, as Trump and his surrogates go kitchen-sink on Cruz and suck up all the available media oxygen, the Christie/Bush/Kasich triad that’s trying to take down Rubio is gasping for air. Someone’s going to need to explain to me later why Trump is bombing Cruz this week instead of the guy who’s piling up endorsements and donations and seems to be the biggest threat to Trump in New Hampshire. Exit question: How far up the Canadian chain of command does the great Iowa fraud go?

Update: More from Trump on his ground-game failure in Iowa:

“Well, I think we could have used a ground game, a term I wasn’t even familiar with,” he said. “You know, when you say ground game, I say what the hell is that? Now I’m familiar with it. I think in retrospect we should have had a better ground game. I would have funded a better ground game, but you know, people told me that my ground game was fine, and by most standards it was.”

Not true, says Politico. Trump was warned that he needed a better ground game but held off due to the expense.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Lurker??? not quite sure how to take that!!!Lol!!! Just for the record, I have had a Cruz bumper sticker on my car since the Fall of 2014!!!!!take that as you will!!!

Xango Annie on February 3, 2016 at 11:46 PM

Xango Annie on February 3, 2016 at 11:46 PM

LOL! It’s not an insult. It means someone who visits often but seldom comments. I don’t recognize your name and I’m here far far too much.

Cindy Munford on February 3, 2016 at 11:52 PM

Bmore on February 3, 2016 at 4:31 PM

LOL

S. D. on February 4, 2016 at 12:10 AM

…CM..I know what lurker means, but I wasn’t just sure how you meant it…LOL!!! I have been here for years but do not post often…I actually, post a …ton..on lucianne…
Have always enjoyed your comments ….

Xango Annie on February 4, 2016 at 12:20 AM

seems to me that Cruz is the one who might flip. Trump has no history of unseemly aggressive moves except in real estate.

It’s Cruz who’s based his rep on being tough and standing up to those who speak reasonably.

Besides isn’t he supposed to be the messiah or something?

And wasn’t everyone right or left concerned about the socons bringing forth some cobbled together theocracy?

And yet look who’s being supported by the Evangelicals. Not exactly secular leaning ones either.

I see now that even those I thought had integrity are just as easily swayed by an emotional appeal and that Cruz is their particular idol.

Yet somehow it’s the Trump fans who are creating a cult of personality and can’t see any faults with their idol.

I’m rubber, you’re glue what you toss at me reflects back and sticks on YOU.

Neener neener.

Iowa is one of the smaller states in both size and population yet because of a win there Cruz suddenly is unstoppable?

Get a grip. Watch all those other runners give their votes to Rubio (including jeb) and then watch ol Cruz fold under and do the same. When that happens I’m gonna laugh and laugh but you won’t hear me cause you’ll be hiding under you blankies at home.

jake1246 on February 4, 2016 at 12:29 AM

Xango Annie on February 4, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Thanks. It is funny how we get comfortable at certain sites. I will occasionally go over to mediaite just to watch their heads explode. I’m consider a troll there.

Cindy Munford on February 4, 2016 at 12:40 AM

jake1246 on February 4, 2016 at 12:29 AM

I think Iowa was Cruz’s best chance at a win. I have no illusions about other states. I do think that he and Trump are going to zero each other out and Rubio will be the nominee. That appears to be what the media and the GOPe want.

Cindy Munford on February 4, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Hum, I think my comment may be hung in an auto filter, perhaps for too many links so I’ll break it into parts and try that….

you are a major creep. I can’t believe HA let’s this kind of thing get posted.

WestportSC on February 3, 2016 at 7:34 PM

…I should check see how old his current boy toy is and how long they have been married. Like I said, this lease might be about due.

Constitutionalist on February 3, 2016 at 7:44 PM

You are filth!

Solaratov on February 3, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Mimzey on February 3, 2016 at 7:47 PM

LashRambo on February 3, 2016 at 7:41 PM

And any others involved in this discussion… First, I think his current wife is something like 43 or 44 – so she’s overdue for replacement in TrumpWorld.

It’s Trump that’s “filth” and a “major creep.” Here’s just a few of his “questionable” statements over the years:

Trump 1990, aged 44: “I would never buy Ivana [his wife!] any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”

Trump, 1991, aged 45: “You know, it doesn’t really matter what [the media] write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of a**.” He went on to say that the piece of a** doesn’t matter, either; any will do, so long as they are young. I guess that’s why whenever his wife hits about 40, he trades her in for a younger model. Because he’s such a refined gentleman and all.

Trump: “I don’t think my daughter Ivanka would pose for Playboy, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.” [talk about slimy & creepy!]

Three years earlier, the billionaire real estate mogul described Ivanka as “6 feet tall” with “the best body” during an appearance on Howard Stern’s shock jock radio show.

(continued)

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:25 AM

continued Trump creepy misogynist quotes:

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Trump delivered a more-than-vaguely-sexual response when the magazine’s reporter praised Ivanka Trump, a prominent businesswoman in her own right. “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father …” he said

Trump on “Last Week Tonight” to female reporter: “I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn’t matter, but the look obviously matters,” …” “Like you wouldn’t have your job if you weren’t beautiful.”

Trump 1997, aged 51: “The most difficult aspect of the prenuptial agreement is informing your future wife (or husband): I love you very much, but just in case things don’t work out, this is what you will get in the divorce. There are basically three types of women and reactions. One is the good woman who very much loves her future husband, solely for himself, but refuses to sign the agreement on principle. I fully understand this, but the man should take a pass anyway and find someone else. The other is the calculating woman who refuses to sign the prenuptial agreement because she is expecting to take advantage of the poor, unsuspecting sucker she’s got in her grasp. There is also the woman who will openly and quickly sign a prenuptial agreement in order to make a quick hit and take the money given to her.” The Art of the Comeback

Trump, 1997, who cheated on his first wife with the woman who was to be his second wife: “If I told the real stories of my experiences with women, often seemingly very happily married and important women, this book would be a guaranteed best-seller,” Trump wrote in his book “The Art of the Comeback.”

Trump, wrote that that he’s been with many married women: “Beautiful, famous, successful, married — I’ve had them all, secretly, the world’s biggest names.” in his book “Think Big and Kick Ass.”

Trump 1997, aged 51: “Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression ‘the weaker sex’ was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part.” The Art of the Comeback

Trump 2004, aged 58: “It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.” — How To Get Rich, 2004

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:27 AM

Continued Trump creepy misogynistic quotes:

Trump 2004, aged 58: “All of the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.” — How To Get Rich

Trump 2005, aged 59: “My favorite part [of ‘Pulp Fiction’] is when Sam has his gun out in the diner and he tells the guy to tell his girlfriend to shut up. Tell that bitch to be cool. Say: ‘B**ch be cool.’ I love those lines.” — TrumpNation: The Art of Being The Donald

Trump 20006, aged 60: “[Angelina Jolie’s] been with so many guys she makes me look like a baby… And, I just don’t even find her attractive,” [she must have turned him down, and his petty thin skinned vindictiveness is shining through]

Trump 2011, aged 65: When a lawyer asked for a break to pump breast milk for her baby, “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,”

Trump 2012, aged 66, tweet: “While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct.” [Mr. I’m not politically correct claiming just a few years ago that he’s always politically correct]

Trump 2012, aged 66: “Cher is an average talent who’s out of touch with reality,” …. “Cher is somewhat of a loser. She’s lonely. She’s unhappy. She’s very miserable.”

continued

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Well, it looks like it didn’t post the third set… I’m not going to try to repost it. Here’s the last set anyhow:

Trump 2012, aged 66 tweet: “@cher should spend more time focusing on her family and dying career!”

Trump 2013, age 67: Tweets that when you put men and women together, sexual assaults are the result: “26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”

Trump 2013, when told an Apprentise contestant dropped to her knees begging to not be fired, said: Trump: “excuse me, you dropped to your knees?” Brande [contestant]: “Yes,” Several seconds later, the lascivious Trump continued: “Must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees.”

Trump reported in 2014 article”, speaking about himself in third person: “Love him or hate him, Donald Trump is a man who is certain about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred,” …. “Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.”

Trump 2015, aged 69: tweet: “If Hillary can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?”

And of course there are too many nasty Trump quotes about Rosie O’Donnell and Megyn Kelly and others for me to even try to list ’em.

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:34 AM

Well, for whatever reason it looks like the last half of the Trump quotes (two sets) is hung in the filter. I’m not going to try reposting them. maybe a moderator will see them and let them through. Anyhow, hopefully those folks who were outraged/disgusted by the snark about Trump’s horribly misogynistic statements will get the clue from those I was able to post, that it’s Trump who’s the really creepy filthy one, not those mentioning his quotes tongue in cheek.

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:38 AM

Cruz is a weasel who will step on everything and anyone to get what he wants. His mock-preaching and cheating Carson out of votes is ample proof. I can easily see why his colleagues in the senate loathe him.

Armyspouse on February 4, 2016 at 7:09 AM

I like what Trump is saying and Lord knows that I’m tired of the political establishment and their monopoly on government power. But I have to admit that this erratic behavior is at best worrisome and at worst disturbing. My sister says that she believes he’s been planted there by Clinton and when I see things like this happening I begin to think she may be right.

Scorched_Earth on February 4, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Scorched_Earth on February 4, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Say what? You mean when he tells everyone she is going to jail?

forgot to bid on February 4, 2016 at 8:20 AM

So, the Trump supporters are starting to sound rather deranged. Disturbingly so.

Count to 10 on February 4, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Cruz is not as lovable as Trump when he is dissing someone. His overt religiosity puts him in a bad place for the new act

This is a second tactical error, because Cruz already has an optic problem. His first error was ducking the classic campaign smears in Iowa. Again, because of his religious image, he should have done a Huckabee and stepped up immediately. Instead, he ducked the issue too long, and took an image tarnish.

except a-religious Trump got the second highest primary vote for a Republican in Iowa history, the state that previously nominated Santorum and Huckabee. Trump got one less delegate than Cruz, matching Rubio who gained from the Cruz trick played on Carson.

The MSM can work to obfuscate, but Trump can sell his numbers to any live crowd, and blow the credibility of any pol who tries tp use the Iowa argument face to face with the Donald

entagor on February 4, 2016 at 9:15 AM

As a Cruz supporter for the moment, AP has a point; the ‘Denmark’ comment was unattractive, as was the repetitive ‘he’ll call the people of [state X] stupid,’ and ‘I get up every morning and laugh,’ which didn’t come off sounding jovial. Short answers are better; ‘he’s mad because I out-managed him in Iowa.’

Ricard on February 4, 2016 at 9:34 AM

(continued)

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:25 AM

Trump often comes across as a loveable rogue, whose over-the-top narcissism can’t be for real, that he’s in on the joke. Maybe sometimes he is, but that doesn’t account for the gist and thrust of the kinds of things he routinely says.

I hadn’t read the “negotiable assets” lines before. It’s so specific and lacking in artfulness, he must have been serious.

Trump is a con man, and I’m sorry for people who support him, and will really be sorry for the country if he gets the Repub nom. His con is that his “proposals” are based in reality. His con is that he has any idea how to govern. His payoff is power, glory, fame, admiration. We are his marks.

From the short story “The Con Man Cometh” — Vaknin

I am a con man and you are my victim. The swindle is unfolding here and now, in this very atrium, amid all the extravagance. I am selling your soul and collecting the change. I am sharpened, like a raw nerve firing impulses to you, receiving yours, an electrical-chemical dialog, consisting of your smelly sweat, my scented exudation. I permeate your cracks. I broker an alliance with your fears, your pains, defense compensatory mechanisms.

I know you.

I’ve got to meld us into one. As dusk gives way to night, you trust me as you do yourself, for now I am nothing less than you. Having adopted your particular gesticulation, I nod approvingly with every mention of your family. You do not like me. You sense the danger. Your nostrils flare. Your eyes amok. Your hands so restless. You know me for a bilker, you realize I’ll break your heart. I know you comprehend we both are choiceless.

It’s not about money. Emotions are at stake. I share your depths of loneliness and pain. Sitting opposed, I see the child in you, the adolescent. I discern the pleading sparkle in your eyes, your shoulders stooping in the very second you’ve decided to succumb. I am hurting for what I do to you. My only consolation is the inexorability of nature – mine and yours, this world’s (in which we find ourselves and not of our choice). Still, we are here, you know.

I empathize with you without speech or motion. Your solitary sadness, the anguish, and your fears. I am your only friend, monopolist of your invisible cries, your inner hemorrhage of salty tears, the tissued scar that has become your being. Like me, the product of uncounted blows (which you sometimes crave).

LashRambo on February 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Trump is a cheapskate (yet also generous…well if you’re cheap in some ways it leaves you enough to be generous in others.)

We NEED him as president. He absolutely abhors waste. (and 90% of the time he actually knows what’s waste and what is not.)

I think ‘ground game’ was part of the 10% and we’re watching to see if he does anything about it…I can see the wheels turning in his head as he adds up the $$$s he’s spending.

MaggiePoo on February 4, 2016 at 10:44 AM

LashRambo on February 4, 2016 at 9:36 AM

That applies to almost any politician and another in this very race comes to mind.

MaggiePoo on February 4, 2016 at 10:47 AM

The more I see these two going at each other makes me think this is all PLAY for them to be president Trump and VP Cruz. There is no way that Trump is so unintelligent to bomb anyone without cause. Unlike Obama,however, he won’t bomb empty buildings or fields in the MidEast to avoid harming his brothers. Trump is a thinker before doing. Cruz as VP can learn a lot from him and follow him as president. I hope I am seeing this as theatre because, if not, no way will I vote for Cruz and just consider him another non-conservative and a part of the establishment to bring America down and taken over by the NWO thanks to Soros.

Roselle on February 4, 2016 at 11:06 AM

I just want to thank the moderators for liberating a couple of my posts from the auto-filter last night!

Rational Db8 on February 4, 2016 at 1:22 PM

There is no way that Trump is so unintelligent to bomb anyone without cause.

Everytime he sends out a tweet he provides us all with evidence to the contrary.

Tom Servo on February 4, 2016 at 3:33 PM

No, they did not embezzle funds. Lots of people were selling property and giving the money to the church, to be given to the poor. Nothing wrong with that. They were doing it out of the good of their hearts, and giving to those in need.
Ananias and Sapphira did the same. They took property, sold it, and were going to give the money to the church out of the goodness of their hearts. Still nothing wrong.
But then they decided it was a lot of money, much more than they expected, and maybe they should only give part of the money to the church.
Still nothing wrong. The property was theirs. The proceeds from the sale was theirs. Giving was always voluntary, so they were perfectly entitled to give all of it, part of it, or none of it.
But when they gave a portion of the money, they told the entire church that they had given all of the money, just to make themselves look as spiritual and giving as everyone else. The key question from Peter was, “Did you sell the land for this amount?”
And when they said they had, then he told them they had lied to the church and to the Holy Spirit.
Cruz didn’t even lie, because he took out a loan against his assets, which meant the bank owned them until the loan was paid back. Much less did he lie to a church or to God. Much less did he claim he was doing it all out of a selfless desire to give money to the poor.
It’s not the same thing at all.
There Goes the Neighborhood on February 3, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Now we get into the Clintonian definition of what is is.

There is no definition of embezzlement that covers what they did. So who is trying to be Clintonian about definitions, pretending that a word doesn’t mean what it means? If they stole money from the church that others had given, they would have embezzled. If they stole back money they themselves had given, it would be embezzlement, because the money no longer belonged to them. But Peter’s response did not accuse them of stealing. In fact, he specifically said the money was theirs both before and after they sold the land.

Acts 5:3-4 “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.”

The land was theirs, and the proceeds of the sale was theirs. They could have given all of it. They could have given none of it. They decided to give part of it. None of those options was wrong in the slightest.

What was wrong was to lie to the entire church, and in front of God, by claiming that they had given every penny from their sale to God.

I’m pretty sure Cruz didn’t brag that he liquidated all his assets to give everything to the church. No one is going to confuse funding a campaign for political office with charity.

Well, except Hillary Clinton, of course.

They claimed they were selling real estate to raise money for the poor and for the church. They upheld themselves as pillars of their community.
If this was tithing, this would be one thing. The greed, the deceit, the hypocrisy is what offended the apostle and God. The apostle was God’s instrument and saw into their hearts.

If the greed was offensive, it seems strange that Peter told them that the land was theirs, and the price of the land after they sold it was theirs.

It was the lying about what you were giving to God, in front of the whole church, that would only have led to others doing the same.

Ted and Heidi Cruz likewise lied when he said they were liquidating their net worth, that she agreed with him, because she had such faith in him, as a loving and obedient Christian wife should.

They converted assets into cash by borrowing against them rather than selling them. That pretty much meets the definition of liquidating: to convert assets into cash.

So, if they had a million dollars in accounts, and received a million dollars in loans, but owed the bank a million dollars. Now, the million dollars in their accounts was unavailable for any further use, because it was collateral against their loan.

In reality, her employer Goldman Sachs was buying themselves a U.S. Senator. Why would they loan a million dollars to a man making a million a year who would be taking a salary cut for six years at $175,000 per year. Cruz repaid most of the loan with campaign contributions, but he campaigned as someone who would fight Wall Street.

ezspirit on February 3, 2016 at 7:16 PM

And now we come to the real reason why people keep diving into this business: the claim that Goldman Sachs now owns Cruz. No, Goldman Sachs now owns Cruz’s million dollars collateral until he pays back the loan.

There Goes the Neighborhood on February 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM

It was literally like the Clinton Foundation, where you are supposedly raising money for charity but holding back some of the proceeds for yourself. The land did not fetch a better price because of its market value, but because it was understood the proceeds were going to charity. They rationalized to themselves that the land was worth more than they knew, so they wouldn’t feel guilty when they committed fraud. Embezzlement is the misappropriation of funds that are meant to go to your boss or an organization. When you are fundraising for charity, or for politics, you must be truthful about what the proceeds are for. Someone who steals from the till might excuse their behavior by saying they were owed a raise, but that doesn’t make what they did right.

Cruz lied to his supporters by claiming he was unbeholden to special interests and that the money, which was raised in a manner totally different from what he said, would go to a good cause. The Cruzes never risked their assets. Heidi had a line of credit determined by her boss, and they paid low interest rates determined by her boss.

Cruz repaid the loan with campaign contributions, because once you get into the senate, the spigots open. He has $53 million cash on hand now, and he has fulfilled every expectation of Goldman Sachs. Obama just signed TPP today, which Heidi Cruz pushed for at the CFR and Cruz promoted in a WSJ editorial co-written with Ryan. Cruz provided the 50th vote for cloture, and Rubio provided the 60th vote for final passage.

ezspirit on February 5, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Here is Cruz back when he was running for senate discussing his wife’s role at GS and the CFR.

Now we know those were just speeches.

ezspirit on February 5, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Just to be clear, Ananias and Sapphira were phonies. There was a well-known man of their time, Barnabas, who sold some land and gave all the proceeds to the church. He was admired by everyone and blessed for this good deed, and he inspired many people by his example. Ananias and Sapphira pretended to be doing the same thing, but they kept some of the money for themselves and lied about it. We didn’t touch on that part of the story.

ezspirit on February 5, 2016 at 8:13 AM

“The truth is, the rich do great with big government. They get in bed with big government. The big banks get bigger and bigger and bigger under Dodd-Frank and community banks are going out of business. And, by the way, the consequence of that is small businesses can’t get business loans, and it is that fundamental corruption that is why six of the 10 wealthiest counties in America are in and around Washington, D.C.”
Ted Cruz in November 2015 at one of the debates

ezspirit on February 5, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Nonsensical hyperbole, but I can think of worse things Trump could do than nuke Denmark on a whim. First, though, many more migrants need to go there and the sensible Danes, if there are any, need to come here. Then, nuke away, Trump.

blackgriffin on February 5, 2016 at 11:17 AM