Oops. Fox News catches Hillary telling story she just heard “yesterday” three weeks earlier

posted at 2:41 pm on February 1, 2016 by Jazz Shaw

What were those poll numbers about Hillary Clinton’s honesty and trustworthiness again? The presumed Democrat frontrunner did a local interview in Iowa yesterday where she was asked yet again about the Top Secret emails on her bathroom closet server. As usual, she stuck to her long since debunked story about the classification issue being one of different departments wanting to classify things differently from one time period to another. But this time she added a touching personal note to the story, telling the reporter how some supporter she met on the rope line while shaking hands had explained it brilliantly. (Fox News)

The best explanation I heard of this I heard yesterday in Des Moines from a man I was shaking hands with… He said, “This is like you drive through the same intersection for four years and the speed limit is 35 and then you move out of town and they change the speed limit to 25. And then they start sending tickets to people who drove while the speed limit was 35 over 25.”

Well, that’s a pretty good analogy if I do say so myself. It doesn’t really apply in any way, shape or form to the reality of her particular email scandal, but it’s a nice story nonetheless. Easy for the common man to wrap his head around, right? Except for one problem. As several reporters quickly noticed, the story sounded rather familiar. In fact, it’s almost word for word what she said three weeks ago during a meeting with the editorial board of the Des Moines Register.

“I don’t, I think it should be resolved by pointing out that there were no classified materials sent or received by me. And that should answer any questions anyone has. If you’re going to be retroactively classifying materials that’s an impossible standard. You know it’d be like somebody in the Department of Transportation setting speed limits that had cameras where cars were going down a road, and pictures of license plates were being taken and let’s say the speed limit was 35. And then retroactively the police say that speed limit should’ve been 25, so let’s go back and look at anybody who drove down that road and exceeded 25, we need to follow up on that.

Is it even possible that some random supporter told her that story on a rope line? Normally I’d have to allow some benefit of the doubt and say that nearly any coincidence is possible in an infinite universe, but I’m calling Horse Hockey on this one. Let’s just say for a moment that Random Dude One at her event chose to use that analogy. There’s only one place he could have heard it. Wouldn’t he have said that he’d read her interview and agreed with her that it was like the speeding ticket scenario?

But we can take it one step further here. Whether the theoretical supporter read about it from her quote in the paper or dreamed it up himself against odds longer than winning the Powerball jackpot, Clinton is claiming that she heard about it from him. Even if we take her at her word, that means that the woman is so addled that she can’t even recall a conversation she had in the past few weeks with the biggest paper in the state where she’s currently running in a heated race. Is that what Secretary Clinton would prefer we believe?

She was making that story up to try to sell her email alibi and spinning it out of whole cloth. In some circles that’s still referred to as “lying.”

Here’s the video of the Fox coverage with the full background.

hillary-abortion

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Tlaloc on February 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Sad… poor, sad tlaloc. Can’t spin this one? Why not?

Neitherleftorright on February 1, 2016 at 4:57 PM

[blink on February 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM]

Heck, you don’t even need to qualify it as a school zone. I’d bet the code for every municipality, but particularly cities, towns, villages and counties, has a provision stating that unmarked roads within their boundaries have a speed limit of x. It’s standard procedure to set the unmarked speed and only notify via signs something different.

Dusty on February 1, 2016 at 4:58 PM

What? No Tlaloc? I just don’t get it. So much to defend here.

Neitherleftorright on February 1, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Such as?

Kenny Bania on February 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Such as your calling Fox News liars for airing this interview?

Del Dolemonte on February 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Senility is usually sad but I can only smile at the image of her suddenly wondering why she is wearing an orange jumpsuit. I can dream.

LarryinLA on February 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM

“Ah don’t feeull no ways tarred.”

————The H☟ Beast

hillbillyjim on February 1, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Sad… poor, sad tlaloc. Can’t spin this one? Why not?

Neitherleftorright on February 1, 2016 at 4:57 PM

His tap shoes are giving him blisters.

CurtZHP on February 1, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Bill loves the analogy!
so we go back 10,20, or 30 years, and he gets to fool around on Hillary with no repercussions

burserker on February 1, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Just like a bad penny, mention its name, and Shazammm!!

Lord Whorfin on February 1, 2016 at 5:29 PM

His tap shoes are giving him blisters.

CurtZHP on February 1, 2016 at 5:10 PM

He insists he wears a size 10… but everyone knows clown shoes are size 22.

Neitherleftorright on February 1, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Better analogy-Hillary runs Stop sign over 1500 times. Claims she did not know that a Stop sign meant she had to stop. When confronted with her signed statement saying she must stop at a Stop sign, she repeats she did not know that a Stop sign meant she had to stop, because it wasn’t a red light.

talkingpoints on February 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Cheaters Gotta Cheat!

BUSTED: Iowa Precinct Captain Revealed as Paid, Out-of-State Staffer for Clinton Campaign

With the potentially pivotal Iowa caucus mere hours away, the Bernie Sanders campaign has found evidence to suggest that Hillary has been “infiltrating the caucuses with out-of-state paid staffers.”

The alarming controversy began when Sanders supporter Dennis Clifford received a letter from the Clinton campaign urging him to caucus for Clinton. While this isn’t in itself unusual, the letter named a paid staffer from out of state as its precinct captain.

“It’s my job to make sure all of Hillary’s supporters are in attendance on caucus night to ensure Hillary wins,” the out-of-state captain said.

“I think this raises a very serious concern,” Jeff Weaver, national campaign chairman for Sanders, told Yahoo! News. “I would hope that the media will be able to get to this before Monday night.”

Precinct captains are traditionally entirely staffed by Iowans. Weaver calls this a “highly irregular” practice on the part of the Clinton campaign, with some experts worrying that this placement “could easily lead to abuse.”

Del Dolemonte on February 1, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Pathological in her lying. It must be automatic.

TfromV on February 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM

The truth is easy to remember. It never changes.

The slow journey from “I followed the law” to “It was convenient” to “I thought it would be better” to “I should have explained it better” to “I never received classified emails” (???) to “They weren’t marked classified” to “It’s a right-wing conspiracy” to “It’s an inter-agency conflict” to “Let me make an analogy that has nothing to do with the subject” can lead to confusion.

A smart person would have started at “I thought it would be good but I made a mistake and I’m asking my boss for forgiveness” and never had to say another thing.

Meremortal on February 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM

The truth is easy to remember. It never changes.

Meremortal on February 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM

This may be the threadwinner for every conversation about this fetid subject.

itsspideyman on February 1, 2016 at 5:59 PM

But Groundhog Day.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2016 at 6:31 PM

The truth is easy to remember. It never changes.

Meremortal on February 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Yup.

Weird too how her email explanation went from nothing about markings to markings.

CWforFreedom on February 1, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Maybe, the woman’s memory is shot. Concussion, mim-stroke?

francesca on February 1, 2016 at 7:13 PM

The poor mythical soul couldn’t have gotten three words out before he was looking at Hillary’s a$$ rapidly disappearing down the line of adoring morons.

BMF on February 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM

That a$$ isn’t capable of “rapidly disappearing” anywhere.

Dion on February 1, 2016 at 7:45 PM

With thanks to another contributor…

When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.
Why?
Because she was a liar,http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/25/hillary-fired-lies-unethical-behavior-congressional-job-former-boss Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.

Somehow everything always points in this direction. I wonder why?

RL on February 1, 2016 at 7:56 PM

She held up a live dog, then?

Knott Buyinit on February 1, 2016 at 8:04 PM

She held up a live dog, then?

Knott Buyinit on February 1, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Well, at the least she’s apparently traded/trading favors with a dog EATER.

RL on February 1, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Tialoc on February 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Sad… poor, sad tlaloc. Can’t spin this one? Why not?
Neitherleftorright on February 1, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Hi Tailoc, “What a tangle web we weave when we practice to deceive”

whsiii on February 1, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Disgusting human being.

Carnac on February 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Sanity in the Commentariat.

The truth is easy to remember. It never changes.

Meremortal on February 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM

This may be the threadwinner for every conversation about this fetid subject. just about anything but especially politics.

itsspideyman on February 1, 2016 at 5:59 PM

AesopFan on February 2, 2016 at 12:18 AM

And then retroactively the police say that speed limit should’ve been 25…

Rather like Bill Clinton, the first President in US history to retroactively raise income taxes on some high earners.

RJL on February 2, 2016 at 2:17 AM