Cruz Super PACs to Trump: We’ll donate $1.5 million to vets’ groups if you debate him one-on-one; Update: Huckabee to attend Trump’s rally; Update: Santorum too

posted at 11:21 am on January 28, 2016 by Allahpundit

Shortly after they floated this offer, Carly Fiorina swooped in and offered to donate $2 million to veterans’ groups if Trump would debate her. Do I hear $2.5 million from anyone? How about if Jeb’s Super PAC offers $5 million to whichever candidate stops using wounded soldiers as props for their latest stupid campaign stunt?

Evidently veterans are poker chips for Republican politicians:

Super PACs supporting Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz say they will donate $1.5 million to charities committed to helping veterans if rival Donald Trump agrees to a one-on-one debate with Cruz.

“Not only would this be a heck of a debate, but it would also be a terrific opportunity to generate millions of dollars for the veterans,” the Keep the Promise I and II PACs said in a joint statement Wednesday night.

Trump started it, Team Cruz will say, by cynically scheduling a rally for veterans in lieu of his debate boycott tonight, but countering with this is just one exploitative pander to answer another. I assume Cruz will repudiate it if and when he’s asked about it tonight (he’ll note that he has no control over his Super PACs) and probably encourage the PACs to make the donation whether Trump accepts the offer or not, if only to save face. That’s the only upside to all of this — in their bid to out-pander each other, Trump and Cruz will have no choice but to follow through on some charity for veterans.

Or is it unfair to suggest that this is motivated mainly by pandering? Here’s a bit from John McCormack’s look into Trump’s charitable donations to veterans’ groups over the years:

Some veterans say that the billionaire has been AWOL when it comes to helping veterans. “Donald Trump is not a leader in veterans’ philanthropy, unless he’s donated a lot of money that nobody knows about,” Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, told the New York Times in July. “We were founded in New York. We are headquartered in New York. I’ve been here 10 years, and I don’t think I’ve ever even seen Donald Trump.”…

The Trump Foundation’s $57,000 in donations to veterans groups from 2009 to 2013 amounted to far less than Trump’s donations to the Clinton Foundation. “Trump is listed on the Clinton Foundation’s donor page as having given somewhere between $100,001 and $250,000,” the Daily Caller reported last year.

Rieckhoff tweeted yesterday that his group will decline any donations from Trump’s event tonight if offered because he doesn’t like seeing vets used for “political stunts.” Here’s another piece on Trump’s history with vets that’s making the rounds as we creep towards debate night:

The Trump who now extols veterans spent years clamoring for New York City’s politicians to take action and ban even those street vendors with special disabled veteran’s licenses from the environs of Trump Tower.

As was reported in the New York Daily News, Trump wrote in a letter to the New York state Assembly back in 1991, “While disabled veterans should be given every opportunity to earn a living, is it fair to do so to the detriment of the city as a whole or its tax paying citizens and businesses?”

He went on, “Do we allow Fifth Avenue, one of the world’s finest and most luxurious shopping districts, to be turned into an outdoor flea market, clogging and seriously downgrading the area?”

Cruz and Trump have each been accused of stinginess towards charity before, although suddenly their campaigns are climbing over each other to help vets as Iowa gets ready to vote. Go figure. And they may not be the only ones: In case you missed the update to last night’s Huckabee post, Trump claimed this morning that other candidates are eager to show up at tonight’s rally.

I saw somewhere earlier on social media (but can’t find the source now) that Fiorina said she hasn’t reached out to Trump about attending the rally. Since all the top-tier guys will be busy at the time with the main debate, that leaves just three possibilities: Huckabee, Santorum, and Jim Gilmore. Huck and/or Santo couldn’t possibly have an ulterior motive in showing up to a rally for vets in Iowa alongside Trump at a moment when they’re both desperate for exposure and trying to claw back social-con voters from Cruz, could they?

Update: And there you go.

Update: Annnnd scene.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Undercard is now just Fiorina and Gilmore????????????

mjbrooks3 on January 28, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Why then did Cruz say to us here in Texas.

The money that I using is from LOANS on my assets?

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 28, 2016 at 1:36 PM

That’s what margin loans are. Loans based on the borrowers assets. Also, margin loan interest is charged daily and billed monthly.

Vince on January 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Dan333 on January 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Author brought up McCain but neglected to include a poll on Veterans in that article.
“Veterans and those currently in the military are more likely to have favorable views of Trump than to have favorable views of McCain. 41% say they have favorable views of McCain, while more than half are favorable to Trump.”

Jason58 on January 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

They’re just sure Trump is going to boot the illegals. I’d like to see it happen, too, but I think he’s just blowing smoke.

Bitter Clinger on January 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Of course he is. Is it not so painfully obvious? And on the assumption he really seeks to do that there’s no way it’ll happen in this political and cultural climate. And especially including the makeup of Congress.

His biggest attraction for most is the biggest pandering pipe dream this election season.

anuts on January 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM

I’ll repost this for the additional in-denial people here…

Jeff Session co-wrote his immigration policies, and now Trump is hiring one of his aides as a senior policy advisor. Tell me what other candidates have done something similar and why should we believe their actions over Trump’s. I look forward to your inciteful knowledgeable comments over policy hires in the campaigns of other candidates.

Actions speak louder than words.

dominigan on January 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Exactly. Trump has very little conservative credentials yet this place has fallen into a Trump echo chamber.

Pretty sad.

LevinFan on January 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM

and???? we have elected “conservatives” for the house and senate to fix the problems. It didnt work. Time to try something new instead of being stuck on stupid

Brock Robamney on January 28, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Trump is saying he can make the deals with the GOPe that Cruz can’t.

Cruz call McConnell a liar. Countless times he’s stood on principle. He was the main guy fighting to stop obamacare while the GOPe did nothing.

LevinFan on January 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM

That’s because the GOPe makes deals that sells out American citizens. Trump knows how to make deals not because he rolls over and gives the other side everything, but because he manipulates them into giving everything HE wants. McConnell will get rolled in negotiations with Trump. Which is exactly the opposite of the GOPe.

Why are you saying Trump will be just like the GOPe and yet keep complaining he’s so NOT like the GOPe? Your reasoning and assumptions are faulty.

dominigan on January 28, 2016 at 1:47 PM

ok I see how the rule applies.
the cain/newt one was not moderated (in the normal sanctioned manner) so thought it would be o but the new rules seem all emcompassing.
too bad that was a good debate.
course if 2 happen too meet on the street and start debating and any video taken that seems to also apply here.

dmacleo on January 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Vince

Your into second hand snake talk.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Pretty sad.

LevinFan on January 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM

The saddest part is that Trump’s merry minions here admit he isn’t conservative. But he tickles their pickles when he acts all non-PC and how he handles the media. They swoon when he says he’d prhibit Muslims from coming to the US, and deport 12-20 million illegals…not to mention building a wall along the southern border and billing Mexico for the costs.

And let’s face it…Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan looks fabulous on a baseball cap. If we could all have hats like that, we’d wake up tomorrow morning to a great nation where everyone will have a unicorn and a lollipop tree. Basically “Obama 2.0”.

In other words…the Trumpeteers are clinically insane.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Uh, you can’t make a citizen’s arrest for Federal crimes.

Captain Kirock on January 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Oh sorry, I was confused.

I thought this was a debate for those running to be prime minister, since it’s possible under Canadian law and him being a natural born Canadian….

NWConservative on January 28, 2016 at 1:51 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Your writing style has me convinced you are a bottom.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:51 PM

This “conservative” is obsessed with Genitalia. Apparently this obsession was absorbed into the SorosConservative movement

Brock Robamney on January 28, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Absolutely pathetic…using vets in this way. Cruz should come out and say that sort of thing is unacceptable. This Trump crud has got to stop.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM

I agree, but instead Ted and Carly joined the party.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 1:54 PM

It’ll be interesting to see if Obama Lackey Sen Corker (R) endorses Trump or Rubio

portlandon

Who supported and voted for Obama lackey Sen Corker’s “help Obama help Iran” bill, Trump or Cruz?

xblade on January 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Brock Robamney on January 28, 2016 at 1:44 PM

The best argument for voting for Trump than any other! I don’t mind people supporting Trump because he has promised a lot of frustrated voters that he will fix the rotten system. I don’t have the faith that he will.

I think we are missing a great opportunity to get a conservative as POTUS and we won’t have this opportunity again. I hope Cruz gets the nomination but if he doesn’t, everyone better hold Trump to his word. I think either one of them can beat Hillary.

Vince on January 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM

I’m tired of the Trump drama circus. Can’t imagine four years of it.

Deadeye on January 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Trump is saying he can make the deals with the GOPe that Cruz can’t.

LevinFan

Let’s hope so. We know what kind of deals Cruz will make with the GOPe…Obamatrade, the Corker Bill, doubling immigration….

xblade on January 28, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Jason58 on January 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Did McCain just enter the race for the GOP nomination?

Dan333 on January 28, 2016 at 1:58 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Poker chips or props. Trumps’s charitable history speaks for itself.

Dan333 on January 28, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Yeah…and?

I wasn’t talking about Trump’s charitable/philanthropist history…I’m talking about the Cruz super-PACs and using veterans as some pawns in a ridiculous “I dare you” manner. As it stands so far, Cruz is my first choice for POTUS. Trump comes in at dead last…just behind the hairball my cat coughed up this morning.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Vince

Your into second hand snake talk.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I’m not an attorney. It is what it is. Don’t get invested in the lies that campaigns tell. No matter who the campaign is for or against.

Vince on January 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Your writing style has me convinced you are a bottom.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM

In your dreams, buttercup.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM

The IAVA says they don’t want Trump’s fundraiser money:

Veterans group won’t take Trump fundraiser donations

Ward Cleaver on January 28, 2016 at 2:06 PM

I’ll repost this for the additional in-denial people here…
Actions speak louder than words.
dominigan on January 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

To me, it’s far more in denial to believe any one of these singular shysters will come into office and enact an extraordinarily radical proposal that would undoubtedly shake up the established apple cart which the vast majority of lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are firmly entrenched. Regardless of the merits or virtue of the proposal itself.

Immigration policies and whomever writes them are just words anyway.

anuts on January 28, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Uh, you can’t make a citizen’s arrest for Federal crimes.

Captain Kirock on January 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Oh sorry, I was confused.

NWConservative on January 28, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Lame.

Captain Kirock on January 28, 2016 at 2:16 PM

In your dreams, buttercup.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Buttercup?

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 2:17 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM

You didn’t read the article. Proved the point. Given Trump’s skinflint history re: veteran’s charities, and his overall miserly charitable record in general, the vets he pays so much lip service to are being used at his rally as props or poker chips. His YUGE rally is only being staged Thursdaybecause he’s afraid of answering ?s from Megyn Kelly.

Dan333 on January 28, 2016 at 2:17 PM

H E L L O
HELLO
HELLO
hello

Oh hell.

╭∩╮( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮

hillbillyjim on January 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Those must be greetings from obama to America.

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Veterans group won’t take Trump fundraiser donations

Walter L. Newton on January 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM

So they care more about politics than they do about helping vets.

Good to know which ones to avoid.

Thanks!

sharrukin on January 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Nah. There’s an echo in here.

echo in here.

in here.

here.

Lordy. It’s gonna get interesting before this primary’s over.

I just hope everyone keeps the larger goal in mind while having this rhubarb.

hillbillyjim on January 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM

I guess these veteran associations have their rules. I remember when this happened with Wounded Warriors. Is it still okay to use a Fox link since they are the enemy now?

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM

In fairness it would appear that Cruz is adding to it and the rest are piling on. No heroes but the vets here.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM

The IAVA says they don’t want Trump’s fundraiser money:

Veterans group won’t take Trump fundraiser donations

Ward Cleaver on January 28, 2016 at 2:06 PM

You mean the Obama supporter, gay activist, and friend of Code Pink Paul Rieckhoff group doesn’t like Trump?

What a shock.

sharrukin on January 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Your writing style has me convinced you are a bottom.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM

What does that mean?

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Immigration policies and whomever writes them are just words anyway.

anuts on January 28, 2016 at 2:14 PM

I’m not the one in denial. Here’s a good article for you…

Now, tell me why everything in it is wrong.

dominigan on January 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM

What does that mean?

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Don’t ask. It’s between us.

I did answer your immigration question on the other thread. I’d appreciate a response. I really respect you, and would hate to think you are just lobbing rhetorical questions like Mimzy does.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Ok. Could you tell me which thread and a ball park time. Sorry, some of these things get going so fast and furious (no pun intended) that I can’t find stuff. I would never purposefully not answer you.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM

I found it and replied.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM

I found it and replied.

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM

As did I. Thank you.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Your writing style has me convinced you are a bottom.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM

This isn’t a hook up spot. Head over to Tindr or whatever.

portlandon on January 28, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Cindy Munford on January 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Got that right.

It’s really sad things have sunken so low that dangling a carrot in front of men and women who sacrificed so much for all of us has become the order of the day. It’s disgusting, and all parties involved in it should be ashamed of themselves.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Now, tell me why everything in it is wrong.
dominigan on January 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM

I’m not sure I can find anything wrong in an article about the opinions of those people (Trump, Sessions, Murdoch). I also don’t see how that addresses my point that total or even mass deportation of illegals is wild pipe dream given the political, cultural, and congressional climate of the day.

anuts on January 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Trump Didn’t Want Disabled Vets Near Trump Tower, Petitioned to Have Them Removed

Though previous attempts to relocate veterans to streets where they would make less money didn’t work, Trump was undeterred. In 2004, he wrote to then-mayor and possible future presidential rival Michael Bloomberg, imploring him to help get rid of the wounded warriors on his street.

Whether they are veterans or not, they should not be allowed to sell on this most important and prestigious shopping street,” he wrote. “The image of New York City will suffer… I hope you can stop this very deplorable situation before it is too late.”

portlandon on January 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM

portlandon on January 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Trump and his brainless band of bozos to blame the media for taking Trump’s words/actions out of context in 5…4…3…2…

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM

You’re not good at comprehending. Cruz and Paul defended McConnell. Levin covered up for the scum.

LevinFan on January 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Some people don’t want to know the truth and won’t even read to become informed. Rejecting the documented truth about Cruz/McConnell/Paul/Mississippi/Levin etc leaves them to only clinging to the lies.

Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. In LevinFan’s case and others here you can’t even lead them to water.

Really sad.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Trump is saying he can make the deals with the GOPe that Cruz can’t.

LevinFan

xblade on January 28, 2016 at 1:58 PM

We know one thing about Donald Trump, whatever deal he would make, we the American People/Country would get something in return. Unlike the last 8 years the GOPe in cahoots with the Dems gave the farm away and we are worse off than before.

LevinFan rejects truth and holds to his propaganda. He’s not alone on the Hotair threads either.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Cheer up

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Team Huckabee / Santorum / Trump.

LOL.

Pork-Chop on January 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Trump was right.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 4:03 PM

This isn’t a hook up spot. Head over to Tindr or whatever.

portlardon on January 28, 2016 at 3:27 PM

You, I think like to be tied up and humiliated.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Vince on January 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Cruz has been poisoned by foxnews and not only is pushing Gang of 8, but TPP, and is not likeable by the electorate. He has no chance

Brock Robamney on January 28, 2016 at 4:14 PM

In your dreams, buttercup.

JetBoy on January 28, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Buttercup?

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 2:17 PM

You rang?

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Brock Robamney on January 28, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Still pushing the Gang of 8 lie? Are you really that ignorant?

Not sure why you feel a need to post rampant lies about someone “who has no chance”.

I’d explain it to you again but you are not interested in truth’s Trump Chump.

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 4:41 PM

You rang?

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM

I thought I was Buttercup.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Hey bluefox:

What about the Donald writing that letter to the mayor to.keep disabled vets away from the prestigious shopping area near his precious Trump Tower

What a man of the people!!

Can’t you see he’s just saying what you want to hear?

Amazing to see Trump get a pass while attacking conservatives in Levin and Cruz.

LevinFan on January 28, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Your writing style has me convinced you are a bottom.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Hey, I first discovered he’s a gay! On second thought, you can claim him.

Rix on January 28, 2016 at 5:03 PM

You rang?

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM

I thought I was Buttercup.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Ok you can be Buttercup but you can’t borrow my lingerie again :)

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Buttercup?

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 2:17 PM

You rang?

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Well, that was timely!

whatcat on January 28, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Had to dig into the memory hole to find any info about his group, formely known as “Operation Truth”. This page names the members of it’s Board of Advisors. According to Daily Kos it’s your garden variety Dem anti-war, anti-Bush PAC.

whatcat on January 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Cheer up

Schadenfreude on January 28, 2016 at 3:57 PM

*smiling*

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM

They did so after he told them in Tea Patry meetings he and wife only had the money from their own funds.

Was not true.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 28, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Here is Senator Ted Cruz in his own words:

” In a glimpse into their marriage that Mr. Cruz called “illustrative,” he recalled saying to his wife in the weeks before his Senate primary, when he was still behind in the polls, “Sweetheart, I’d like us to liquidate our entire net worth, liquid net worth, and put it into the campaign.”

“What astonished me, then and now, was Heidi within 60 seconds said, ‘Absolutely,’ with no hesitation,” said Mr. Cruz, who invested about $1.2 million — “which is all we had saved,” he added — into his campaign.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Ok you can be Buttercup but you can’t borrow my lingerie again :)

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 5:10 PM

That’s upsetting, because you do have impeccable taste, and it fits.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Veterans group won’t take Trump fundraiser donations

Walter L. Newton on January 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Evidently Paul Rieckhoff is not interested in the Veterans and it’s more important to him to make a political point. Good to know.

It would be nice to hear what the Veterans opinions are, those that Rieckhoff is supposed to represent and help.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Lame.

Captain Kirock on January 28, 2016 at 2:16 PM

What? I think Cruz would make an excellent prime minister!

NWConservative on January 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Actions speak louder than words.

dominigan on January 28, 2016 at 1:43 PM

Trump hired someone as a policy advisor that worked for someone that held the same position as Cruz. Wow. Impressive action. Really outweighs 25 years of contrary statements. Trump has billions of dollars. He is perfectly capable of hiring an advisor on every side of every issue. This is not a meaningful action.

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Still pushing the Gang of 8 lie? Are you really that ignorant?

I’d explain it to you again but you are not interested in truth’s Trump Chump.

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Interesting rewrite of history. He proposed an amendment to increase the number of H1B visas, which Cruz himself does not dispute, and you think by calling it a lie that it will go away? Nope. That id why he is leading 41-10. You should have more respect for our next President

Brock Robamney on January 28, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Rather than going directly to veterans groups, 100% of online donations on Trump’s pro-veterans site will go directly to Trump’s personal foundation.

After ducking the final Republican presidential debate heading into next week’s Iowa caucuses, GOP front-runner Donald Trump announced that he would hold his own pro-veterans event during the debate to raise money for veterans. Trump even set up a special website to solicit donations to help veterans.

“Honor their valor,” the website, donaldtrumpforvets.com, states. “Donate now to help our Veterans.”

The website, which is nothing more than a single page with stock photos and a credit card donation form, claims that “100% of your donations will go directly to Veterans needs.”

There’s only one problem: 100% of the money raised on the site goes directly to Donald Trump’s personal non-profit foundation, according to a disclosure listed at the bottom of the page.

kcewa on January 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Was not true.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 28, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Here is Senator Ted Cruz in his own words:

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM

You liquidate your funds by taking a loan out against them unless you want to pay a huge immediate tax bill. That was the loan Trump was pretending was a “gift” from GS that was used to “own” Cruz. Trump knows perfectly well what was going on as he does the same thing all the time. He doesn’t sell a property when he needs capital, he borrows against it. Functionally it is the same thing, if you can’t pay the money back, you lose the asset.

Oh, except when he borrowed his starter million from his Dad.

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Another dim-bulb. It’s an epidemic.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 6:51 PM

You, I think like to be tied up and humiliated.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Don’t project your cuckold fantasies onto me Joseph K.

portlandon on January 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM

You, I think like to be tied up and humiliated.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Don’t project your fantasies onto me Joseph K.

portlandon on January 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM

kcewa on January 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

I would use the one that Donald Trump has linked to instead of the one you posted.

I’d rather donate and have the funds under Trump’s control and he can forward to those qualified.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:05 PM

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

The point was that he lied to the people, which I posted above.

It wasn’t and isn’t as you said anyway.

The problem that Senator Ted Cruz has is that he was required to file with the FEC all loans he used for his Senate campaign in 2012 & they were to be filed during the primary and general election campaigns. He is 4 years past due.

Kent Cooper, a former election commission official, said the letter from the Cruz campaign was still “lacking critical information” that candidates must report, including the exact amount of the loans and whether there were any co-signers. Federal law required that those details, and more, were to be reported during the primary and general election campaigns.

“This failure to disclose to the public,” Mr. Cooper said, “meant voters in Texas did not have the required information.”

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM

So apparently the veteran donations will go to the Trump Foundation where “100% of donations will go directly to veteran’s needs.

Hmmm. Does Trump think a major veteran need is Trump as President?

Kidding. Kidding. I’m sure he gives more to charity than I do. Maybe not a higher percentage but definitely more money.

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I think this was decided so hurriedly that Trump didn’t have time to check all of the Veteran Organizations. Also today, we see some that “Fox” linked to are rejecting any funds from Trump.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM

The point was that he lied to the people, which I posted above.

It wasn’t and isn’t as you said anyway.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM

1. I’m missing the lie. Are you saying instead of telling people we liquidated all our assets, which is functionally what they did he should have given the long-winded explanation which very few people seem to understand anyway and would make their eyes glaze over? He didn’t say anything that was substantively untrue.

2. Is the person you cite speaking officially for the FEC or just giving an opinion? I have yet to see an official announcement from the FEC that Cruz needs to refile. I could have missed it.

3. Does anyone seriously think any voter makes a voting decision on the candidates financial filings? That having whatever peice of information that is purpotedly missing from Cruz’s filings would have changed one vote? Have you ever looked up a candidates filings? Do you know how? (I tried once after this broke and you have to chose from 20 different forms before you select the candidate. There is no way I would ever be able to check it.)

It’s fine to support Trump, but these attacks on Cruz are bogus and Trump knows it.

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM

According to Daily Kos it’s your garden variety Dem anti-war, anti-Bush PAC.

whatcat on January 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Really? Well, I wonder if they are helping any Veterans.

Thanks for digging!

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:27 PM

talkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I think the info is in that 1/16/16 N.Y.Times article. If not, I have the info and will post it later.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:31 PM

cruz’stalkingpoints on January 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Great job!

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Timeline of Cruz’s Senate campaign finances.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Timeline of Cruz’s Senate campaign finances.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Thanks for posting that. It fills in some blanks. The N.Y. Times article I posted above had an active link for the latest one page letter he filed, but I didn’t see it. I use F.F. with NoScript, so that could have been my problem. Maybe you or talkingpoints can view it. It still isn’t complete though.

I haven’t completed reading the Timeline but will in a minute. But what I have read certainly isn’t transparent and what he said at that Debate was very misleading.

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Strange that this Trump donation site had a very different photo ( black soldier in BDU’s saluting) than the one which is shown now…and as a Vet myself, I find both photos questionable as to whether or not the subject(s) actually being profiled in the photos are now, or ever have been, members of our Armed Forces.

tanked59 on January 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM

tanked59 on January 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM

The site was down earlier. I just tried it now and it’s fine, but no picture at all. https://www.donaldtrumpforvets.com/

$570,000.00 donated

bluefox on January 29, 2016 at 12:45 AM

So it would seem that Santorum’s support for PRO LIFE isn’t written in stone as he would have us believe. Standing with the trumpster who until recently was in favor of partial birth abortion and believes we should continue to fund Planned Parenthood because ‘they do good things’.

Lee Jan on January 29, 2016 at 7:23 AM

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Just a follow up as I’ve finished reading the Timeline. The date of it is 1/15/2016, so it’s not an old article.

From the Timeline:

… Cruz borrowed money from Goldman Sachs and Citibank for his 2012 campaign but did not disclose the loans on campaign finance reports filed with the FEC. Instead, Cruz reported to the FEC that he was making personal loans from his own funds.

Senator Ted Cruz’s response was “Cruz, Jan. 13: It is an inadvertent filing question.”
**********************************************************************

Two things stood out to me among the many.
1. He lied on the FEC report above.
2. He did not report those loans were used for his 2012 Senate run.

Those are the issues,^^^ not how the loans were obtained, assets, liquidation, blah, blah, blah.

I would say that Senator Ted Cruz’s excuses had nothing to do with “an inadvertent filing question.”

bluefox on January 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Timeline of Cruz’s Senate campaign finances.

Joseph K on January 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM

bluefox on January 28, 2016 at 8:24 PM

I remember a timeline posted of Cruz’s birth that was full of assumptions and incorrect information, such as strongly implying that Cruz’s mother was a Canadian citizen when he was born.

I wouldn’t trust a thing from the Trump campaign or his supporters unless independently verified. There’s a lot of false information that gets posted. I don’t know if Trump is the source of the false information, or if it all comes from over-eager supporters, but there it is.

There Goes the Neighborhood on January 29, 2016 at 12:54 PM