Cruz to Trump: Show up on Thursday or you’re disrespecting Iowans

posted at 12:01 pm on January 27, 2016 by Allahpundit

A sneak preview of what you’ll hear from Cruz on Thursday night in the highly unlikely event that Trump doesn’t show. You’ll find all the points you’d expect in the clip below: Trump is snubbing Iowans by skipping the debate; Trump is too mercurial to be president; Trump is afraid to defend his record from Cruz; and the ever-popular “I’ll debate you one-on-one anywhere” challenge that’s never worked in all of political history. Depending on how daring Cruz wants to be, you may hear a variation on this point on Thursday night too:

Reaaaaally iffy to attack Trump for doing something for vets, but his interest in charity for them does seem to peak whenever he’s pulling a debate-related stunt at the media’s expense. Cruz, ever calculating, will probably avoid an attack along those lines because it’s too risky. Jeb Bush, who has less to lose and who’s trying to stand out as the most anti-Trump candidate in the race, might not be able to resist.

Jazz and Ed haven’t left much meat on the bone of Debategate this morning but let me say three things. One: Jazz thinks Trump skipping the debate is sound strategy because it “was going to be yet another situation where he would have to stand up on center stage while the rest of the candidates took shots at him.” That’s true, Cruz certainly would — but the rest of the field wants Trump to win Iowa. Remember, each of them is convinced that they’ll beat Trump head-to-head; they’re less sure about beating Cruz. My guess is that Thursday night will involve Cruz taking shots repeatedly at Trump and the rest of the field taking shots at Cruz to try to help Trump defeat him. By boycotting, not only will Trump (supposedly) not be there to rebut Cruz’s attacks, he’s missing a chance to join in with the others to create the perception that the party’s united against Cruz. And for the record, I don’t think the debate’s going to be a ratings disaster. As Jazz says, Trump will remain the story whether he’s there or not; ratings will be down without him but people will still tune in to see what’s being said about him. And who cares what the national ratings are anyway? Iowans will be tuning in to see the candidates’ closing arguments. They’re all that matters now.

Two: Ed slaps Fox for suggesting that Trump’s campaign manager bears some responsibility for the death threats that Kelly allegedly received after her dust-up with Trump in August. As I read Fox’s release, they weren’t accusing Corey Lewandowski of encouraging threats; they were saying that Lewandowski knows from media reports that Kelly’s been threatened before after a major scrape with Trump and that he’s now using that as leverage to get her removed from the debate (supposedly he said he’d hate to see her have another “rough couple of days” like she did after the last one). He may not be orchestrating harassment but he’s morally culpable for exploiting the near-certain prospect of another round of it once Trump starts riling people against Kelly again. I don’t think that’s a nutty interpretation for Fox to have of what he meant. And frankly, I don’t know why Trump fans would resist it. One of Trump’s supposed core virtues is that he’s ruthless with the media. If that’s the ethic that governs his organization, why wouldn’t his campaign manager start using other people’s death threats as leverage, even if he’s not behind them? Gotta be “tough,” especially with the jackals in the press, right?

Three: It’s fair to say that Fox News’s trollish press releases goofing on Trump vis-a-vis Putin were unprofessional. I have a harder time buying the idea that that’s the smoking gun that proves Kelly, Bret Baier, and Chris Wallace would have been biased against Trump on Thursday night. Outside the hard-news hour at 6 p.m., which features old-schoolers like George Will and Charles Krauthammer who regularly criticize Trump, Fox News is far more pro-Trump than anti. I put the question to Twitter last night: Apart from NBC with its “Apprentice” series, which network has done more over time to promote Trump than Fox News? He’s been doing chummy interviews with Fox & Friends, Greta, O’Reilly, and Hannity regularly for years. Kelly has never said or done anything on her show to weaken Trump as much as Hannity has done to build him up as a legitimate choice for grassroots conservatives this year. If anything, because Kelly, Baier, and Wallace are all sensitive to their image as balanced reporters on a network of right-leaning commentators, they’d probably overcompensate for this fracas on Thursday by straining to be extra “fair” to Trump. And another thing: Although Fox’s statements mocking Trump were trollish even for them, the Fox PR department has been infamous among media pros for years for being snotty and vindictive. Their nastiness to Trump isn’t a sign of overweening bias; more likely, it’s a sign that they were tired of him endlessly demagoging Kelly and figured that the biggest troll in American politics wouldn’t go crying when they gave him a dose of his own medicine. Still unprofessional, but don’t be overcome by those smelling salts when you’re contemplating how mean they were to poor Donald.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

You know, he banned you for a reason and you keep coming here flouting it under different socks. Isn’t that against the site policy?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM

He offered to reinstate me. I stayed away for a very long while. Without going into details, I was offered these names.

Ed will probably ban me again. You’ll win. That is how much you hate me and that’s pretty sad since my apparent sins are not being in love with any politician, especially the one you adore, and not being a ‘REAL’ American.

She used to be interesting. Now she’s just another common little troll.

katy the mean old lady on January 27, 2016 at 3:13 PM

And, Katy, I have always admired you wicked wit and will continue to love your posts.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Trump is a typical bully.

He always runs from someone who stands up to him.

Not only has he run away, but then he goes crying to people looking for a hug and support.

The question is….does Fox News want ratings more than they want to keep their reputation. Will they bend to the wants of a petulant narcissist to make a few dollars? Probably.

Will they sell out one of their most important employees? I dont think so.

If nothing else, its just more proof that Trump is worse than Obama when it comes to having a thin skin. His ego may be bigger, and just as fragile.

Do you realize what will happen when the media sets their guns on him if he wins the nomination?

Its unbelievable anyone is still defending this knucklehead.

alecj on January 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Bishbop, too? Smells like a sock fetish…gross. Brits are like that. Island fever.

Christien on January 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM

You can blame several of your friends for the socks.

Do you really think that I would choose a moniker like ‘Lime in the Coconut’?

I remember when Schad and others got banned and I lobbied for their reinstatement.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:29 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM

I’m sure that you will not show any favouritism and report your fellow Trumpster, oscarwilde.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM

JosephK, NWCon, Katy, Christien, etc.:

Serious question: Would you like me to ban myself?

Do you really hate those that aren’t in love with Trump or any other politician so much that you are willing to excommunicate them and tell them to ‘Bugger off! We don’t need the likes of you to help defeat Progressives!?

Just say the word…and make sure that you tell everyone that you agreed that I should ban myself. I’m sure that Schad will even agree with you.///

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM

That’s not what I said and you know it. According to you, Jane Fonda and Michael Moore are ‘real’ Americans because they were born here. I’m not because I only CHOSE to become one.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM

And they would be. You were implying they were not. They may be psychopathic liberals, but they are natural born Americans.

You know damn well what LitC’s post about “real Americans” Fonda and Moore was all about, yet you choose to pick at nits. If those two are “real Americans” then I’m a fxckin’ Cambodian astronaut.

Your type of blind devotion to Trump is the main thing that scares the hell out of me about his candidacy. If you really support Trump, you’ll refrain from your uncalled-for combative spewing and think before you post.

Arguing for it’s own sake is one thing, but doing it constantly and meanly is entirely another.

If there are no incongruent voices here, what’s the point?

hillbillyjim on January 27, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM

ResistWeMust.

hillbillyjim on January 27, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Will Fox try to justify their ad $$$ by making half the questions about Trump in order to stir things up?

V-rod on January 27, 2016 at 4:19 PM

This is what the US should have done in negotiations with Iran. You have to show you’re willing to walk away when the other side is pummeling you.

cimbri on January 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM

The RNC pulled all of the candidates out of a cnbc debate because it was obvious they have an agenda.

Trump is right, smart and strategic to not do a debate where a moderator has became the news on a on a network that has also made their views apparent.

I think this is a view into how Trump breaks the mold & doesn’t play by the status quo.

I see it as a wonderful breath of fresh air.

Whatever you think about Trump, you have to admit, this move shows that he has a great deal of hair on his orbs.

esnap on January 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM

cimbri on January 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM

BATNA – Best Alternative To Negotiated Agreement (AKA, “Trump card”)

Americans need to learn to haggle more. When you start walking, they literally run after you, begging you to name your price.

Christien on January 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM

hillbillyjim on January 27, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Just wanted to let you know I asked Charliecrown twice if he is Cooke. No response–which might mean you nailed it. I’ll ask one more time, in case he simply missed the queries, then drop it.

Christien on January 27, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Christien on January 27, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Well, I am not Charliecrown and I seriously doubt he is Charles CW Cooke. Cooke has a quite expansive vocabulary and recognisable writing style.

I know my opinion is irrelevant to you, but I don’t see the similarities.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 2:32 PM

Wouldn’t have you any other way, dear. Sophie/ResistWeMuch/???, did you run away, or were you banned?

Irregardless, keep a thin upper lip!

Christien on January 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Ah, so that’s who this asshole is. Figures, nothing but a lefty troll.

Dick Richard on January 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Sorry to see this so late

Ed will probably ban me again.

If that happens, again, liberty, freedom, intelligence, the world, and America will lose, again.

And, you’ll get another nom. You’ll keep getting one for as long as I am alive and you are willing to fight for whatever pleases you. You can like or hate me, no difference.

and not being a ‘REAL’ American.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM

You are more U.S. American than most of those who were born here.

Respectfully, no matter our dialogues.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM

And, thank you again for writing to HA, back then. I was banned for telling the truth, on the wrong thread.

I never forgot those who did so, and those who berated me in my absence, knowing that I couldn’t fight back, the weasels (some of the so-called conservative ones).

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Thank you, my friend. I realise that we have had our disagreements of late, but we are still on the same side fighting the same foes.

We can disagree without being disagreeable.

xoxo

ResistWeMust.

hillbillyjim on January 27, 2016 at 4:09 PM

{{{hugs}}}

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM

I’m sure that Schad will even agree with you.///

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Dear Soph, this made me very sad.

You truly underestimate my friendship, intellect and dedication to your fight. Hopefully you will reflect upon it.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM

You damn bloody Lime(y), it’s realize, not realise :)

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Ah, so that’s who this asshole is. Figures, nothing but a lefty troll.

Dick Richard on January 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM

‘A lefty troll’?

Well, that may be a first for me.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:14 PM

ime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 2:32 PM

Irregardless, keep a thin upper lip!

Christien on January 27, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Ah, so that’s who this assh0le is. Figures, nothing but a lefty troll.

Dick Richard on January 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM

You win the prize for being the first to ever call me a lefty troll!

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM

I’m sure that Schad will even agree with you.///

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Dear Soph, this made me very sad.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM

I was being sarcastic (see 3 sarc tags). I know that you would not agree with Christian, NWCon, etc.

And, I do not underestimate anything about you. I truly appreciate you even when we get into squabbles.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:17 PM

HA has a few fools, from the right. It’s the most amazing of all things, and there are many such.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Damn timing and ‘blindness’. Just saw the

.///

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:19 PM

So, what are rogerb, Bishop and Bmore up to?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM

So, what are rogerb, Bishop and Bmore up to?

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I don’t know about the first two, but I occasionally see Bmore post a ‘Schadenfreude!’

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:23 PM

I know my opinion is irrelevant to you, but I don’t see the similarities.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM

That was what led to my semi-serious question. Charliecrown’s nom de plume + some of his diction and out-of-the-ordinary choices of verbiage were reminiscent of some of CCWC’s prose. It was not at all meant as derogatory — just a curious question about an outside chance.

P.S. In case you didn’t catch it on the other thread: No, don’t “ban yourself” for anyone’s sake. All voices are important if they are not simply echoes or venom.

hillbillyjim on January 27, 2016 at 5:30 PM

hillbillyjim on January 27, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Thank you. What ‘other thread’?

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Breaking, the alternate venue is on.

Schadenfreude on January 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Desperation is like that.

It is a bad deal for Trump. Paul didn’t show for a debate. The RNC dropped NBC because of “moderators”.

All precedents in place. And “The Dealmaker” knew a bad deal. Knew that it would suck the air out of the debate and make it be about “Trump”. And would do something for the Wounded Warriors of our great nation.

Trump basically just “Dropped the Mic”.

ProfShadow on January 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Ms. Ro,

You don’t know me, I’m a lot ny time lurker who finally signed up around 2 years ago. I’ve only commented a few times, but feel compelled to now, and will be brief.

You are a true American, and a jewel here as a commenter. I truly hope you don’t take the unfair attacks to heart and leave again. You’re hard work and heart felt efforts in both your comments and blog posts have been a joy to read, and learn from. You’ve exposed many here with you’re detailed posts, destroying the arguments of many a troll in the past.

As someone who considers Trump and Cruz (or Cruz and Trump) as our best options this cycle, it’s a shame that supporters of these two candidates and the candidates themselves, are expending so much energy and vitriol at each other, giving the rubio/bush/kasich group an opportunity to slip back into relevance. It’s also a shame that we are seeing the debates here turn into personal attacks between supporters of politicians…freaking, lying, conniving politicians! It’s sad.

No matter how this turns out, I do hope you continue your great work. This country could use a lot more people like you.

Steele on January 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM

lot ny time lurker

long time lurker

Ugh, hate typing on phone.

Steele on January 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Fyi, wounded warriors is like the least effective and most wasteful charity on earth.

reliapundit on January 27, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Steele on January 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM

I am sincerely humbled and truly touched by your words.

I hope to ‘see’ you around more often. :-)

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM

reliapundit on January 27, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Trump would not have it any other way.

Then there was all that money he gave to 9/11 heroes and victims.

And his lack of support for the bill to help 9/11 heroes.

Trump is only willing to use these people as human shields like Hezbollah does, but any time that he does not need something from them, they are easily ignored by him.

He talks on the campaign trail about helping veterans, but it is not about helping veterans, otherwise he would have been helping them all his life with the hundreds of million and billions he has. Instead, they are his sales pitch to buy votes.

Constitutionalist on January 27, 2016 at 7:12 PM

She used to be interesting. Now she’s just another common little troll.

katy the mean old lady on January 27, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Yeah, I’m starting to notice that.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Anwar al-Awlaki was born in New Mexico. He was a natural-born American. But, he was a ‘Merican fer REELZ!’. Meanwhile, I am not a real American because I CHOSE to ask for the privilege of becoming a citizen of a country that I sincerely love.

I’m noticing a pattern here, as well.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:21 PM

You are not a natural born citizen. I’m sorry you have inadequacy issues about it.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Ms. Ro,

Steele on January 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Hear, hear.

Gelsomina on January 27, 2016 at 7:37 PM

This is why Trump is a genius and always 10 steps ahead of FauxNews and the GOP, click here

Brock Robamney on January 27, 2016 at 7:39 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I have never claimed to be one. It doesn’t, however, make me any less of an American…except, apparently, in your eyes. Sounds a lot like ‘blood and soil.’

Yes, I cannot become POTUS – a job I have never wanted. Furthermore, I am on record numerous times saying that the Constitution should NOT be changed to allow naturalised Americans to run for the Presidency.

I have no ‘issues’ about the matter whatsoever. Evidently, you do.

Were you the one that said I could not become the Head of State of the UK like it was some shocking thing?

I mean, seriously, when have I ever claimed to be a member of the House of Windsor? HM The Queen is the HofS, not PM Muffin Cameron.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Yeah, I’m starting to notice that.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM

You haven’t answered my question: Should I ban myself?

If you say yes, remember you have to brag about your answer to everyone on the site.

Oh, and if you are the honest broker you claim, you are also going to have to turn in some of your fellow Trump supporters.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Hear, hear.

Gelsomina on January 27, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Thank you very much.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Ok fine.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Wow. Where did I write that I hate you or wanted to ban you? WTF is your problem?

Did I say I was going to report you? No.

Did I say that I hated you? No.

Maybe it’s time for you to step back and get some perspective on the perceived attacks you think I’m sending your way.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Yes you do. That is why you have gone on a 24 hour rant about it.

Ok.

I have no ‘issues’ about the matter whatsoever. Evidently, you do.

Projection.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

You are seriously unhinged about this. Maybe you need to find the commenter who said these things to you and air your grievances to them instead.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Yes you do. That is why you have gone on a 24 hour rant about it.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Please point out where I have EVER claimed to be a natural-born citizen.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I have never claimed to be one….

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Yes you do. That is why you have gone on a 24 hour rant about it.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Prove it.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Why would I report him?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Please point out where I have EVER claimed to be a natural-born citizen.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Please point out where I stated you were claiming that.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Why would I report him?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM

If I am violating HA policy, then he is just one of the Trump supporters doing it, too.

How long have you been around here?

Do you not remember the incident, the banhammer, the boycott, etc?

I won’t go into further details, but everyone knows…at least, if you spend any time at all on QOTD threads.

And, like I said, he’s not the only one.

None of them should be banned. They should be left alone.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Please point out where I stated you were claiming that.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:59 PM

I just did.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I have never claimed to be one….

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Yes you do. That is why you have gone on a 24 hour rant about it.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Prove it.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Wow. You’re getting incredibly dishonest truncating your posts and keeping mine.

You have been going on a 24 hour rant on this because of some slight I gave you.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Was he banned and appeared under a different name?

Apparently he feels like he doesn’t need the attention and advertise it every two seconds like you do.

How long have you been around here?

Reader since 2010, commenter since 2014.

Do you not remember the incident, the banhammer, the boycott, etc?

No I don’t. I don’t frequent the QOTD threads.

And, like I said, he’s not the only one.

None of them should be banned. They should be left alone.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:02 PM

And where did I say they should be banned?

Ed, Allah, and Jazz make those decisions, they monitor the threads and if they find a formerly banned commenter socking here, they make the decisions they do.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Reader since 201008, commenter since 2014.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Forgot I started coming here during the McCain/Palin campaign.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:12 PM

So, ResistWeMuch,
I want proof please:

Did I say I was going to report you?

Did I say that I hated you?

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Prove it.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Would you like me to post them in their entirety, as though that would change anything?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Naturalized American, correct?

Christien on January 26, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Yes, I am an American BY CHOICE. I expended a lot of time, energy, effort and money to become an American.

But, I guess that since I am only a naturalised American, I don’t really count. You have those natural-born Americans like Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, Rosie O’Donnell, Quentin Tarantino, Occupy, BLM, RevCom, etc.

They might not have chosen to be Americans. They might hate their country. They might hate their history, the Constitution, the Founders, the Framers, veterans, Christians, Southerners, white people, conservatives, libertarians, Israel, etc, but, by golly, they are REAL Americans, amirite?

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Yep.

NWConservative on January 26, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Here’s one of your fellow Trump supporters who got it more than you:

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Keep in mind that not all Citizens are Americans.

I like that you said you are an American and not a Citizen, although you are both.

Those you named “Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, Rosie O’Donnell, Quentin Tarantino, Occupy, BLM, RevCom, etc.” are not Americans anymore.

bluefox on January 26, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Here’s another:

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM

You have more respect for the Constitution and the vision of the Founding Fathers than many native born Americans have or ever will have!

lineholder on January 26, 2016 at 10:52 PM

Thanks, but it appears NWConservative would disagree with you.

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 11:02 PM

They are natural born citizens. If you disagree with that, then change the Constitution.

NWConservative on January 26, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Like I said, I never claimed to be a natural born citizen, but you seem to think that NBCs are only the ‘Real’ Americans.

(I’m sure that you will find glee in the following, but you really shouldn’t because it says more about you than me:)

I just find that all sad.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Was he banned and appeared under a different name?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

LOLZ. ‘I am a former **** ****!!!’

If you knew the poster and the matter, you’d know exactly what I am talking about and who it is. Again, in my opinion, the original banning was uncalled for because the post was taken far differently by HA than it was by most readers. No one took it seriously.

Did I say I was going to report you?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

You don’t have to, thanks. Enough will likely have been done.

Did I say that I hated you?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Those words? Nope, but your loathing is self-evident.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

That’s why I went back and looked. It was cimbri:

Lime at 11:18pm

Look at it this way. You couldn’t become Head of State in the UK nor here in the USA. The role of Head of State has a symbolic meaning and requires a natural born American citizen.

cimbri on January 27, 2016 at 1:12 AM

You’re damn right that I couldn’t become Head of State in the UK. I’m not a member of the House of Windsor. The monarch is the Head of State in the UK. That would be HM The Queen, not PM Muffin.

As far as becoming the Head of State in the US, it is a job that I would never want. In fact, I am on record many times that the COTUS shouldn’t be changed on the matter.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Welcome back.
Yeah-I know who it is.
I don’t visit here as much as I used to.
Too many cultists.
They’re the political equivalent of Branch Davidians/Jonestowners.
They’ve all but drowned a formerly good blog in their Trumpist BS.

Btw: You ARE a real American and a true patriot!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2016 at 8:35 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Thank you, Twerp! I’ll probably see you on QOTD.

Hope the job is going better.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:39 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Yes. They are REAL Americans because they are natural born citizens.

Where did I state that “only REAL Americans” are NBC’s?

I just find that all sad.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM

I find someone twisting my words and outright making statements up to be incredibly dishonest, troll-like behavior.

Again please show me proof:

Did I say I was going to report you?

Did I say that I hated you?

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:39 PM

I’m FB friends with lovingmyusa.
She’s gonna be thrilled to find that you’ve returned!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2016 at 8:43 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

‘Yep’

As for your questions, asked and answered.

My question to you was: Should I ban myself?

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2016 at 8:43 PM

:-)

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Was he banned and appeared under a different name?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

LOLZ. ‘I am a former **** ****!!!’

Again, I’m still waiting for the link to where I stated I was going to report you.

Did I say I was going to report you?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

You don’t have to, thanks. Enough will likely have been done.

Yeah so I didn’t. Liar.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Your stupid, arrogant tirade against any and all who you believe slighted you will get you noticed just fine.

Did I say that I hated you?

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Those words? Nope, but your loathing is self-evident.

No, there was no loathing, but I am seeing now why I should start.

Again, you just made it up as you went alongbecause you are hysterical, seeing things you want to believe.

Liar.

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

That’s why I went back and looked. It was cimbri:

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Yeah, so how about you stop arrogantly popping off on people, psycho.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:53 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

You left out the first part…

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Yep.

NWConservative on January 26, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:54 PM

‘Yep’

As for your questions, asked and answered.

Where did I state that “only real Americans” are NBC’s?

Or is this another example of your “logic” where anything and everything said needs to be all about you?

Again, maybe you should see someone for your inadequacies.

My question to you was: Should I ban myself?

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Honey, you’re going to do that just fine all by yourself. You don’t need any input from me.

If you are feeling extra needy, maybe you should send an email to Ed Morrisey asking him to ban you so you can sit up on that cross just a liiiiiiittle bit longer.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:59 PM

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

You left out the first part…

Oh, so NOW we are quoting the whole thing?

Lime in the Coconut on January 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Yep.

NWConservative on January 26, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016 at 8:54 PM

I was only responding to the second part. You had two statements in there and I didn’t feel like separating them. You decided that since I agreed with your second statement that I agreed with the first.

I stated several times after that what I was talking about, but you decided to continue to ignore it and proceeded to start your own personal jihad, ultimately asking people to ban you.

The loathing was coming from only one direction, you.

NWConservative on January 27, 2016 at 9:04 PM

She used to be interesting. Now she’s just another common little troll.

katy the mean old lady on January 27, 2016 at 3:13 PM

I am shocked to find out that this latest ID is her. She’s gone off the deep end. Sad to see her become nothing but a bitter, confrontational, i.e. “typical” troll.

JannyMae on January 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM

JannyMae on January 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Troll? I see a patriot. the Trumpbots have RUINED this blog.
RUINED. IT.
‘Lime’ is not the problem here!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Like/RWM !!

Welcome back! Missed you!

Don’t mind the Trumpeters. Most are Patriots. It’s the 5% poop throwing mouth breathers that give them a bad name.

portlandon on January 27, 2016 at 10:23 PM

American voters to Ted Cruz-Prove you are a natural born citizen or STFU!

redware on January 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM

There are two kinds of citizens: born or naturalized. Cruz is born, not naturalized.

I’ve watched the tortured logic of one after another trying to prove you can be born a citizen without being a natural born citizen. Ultimately, it always comes down to the assertion that the Constitution meant for there to be a difference. But the Constitution does not specify a difference, and the law does not recognize a difference between them.

Dead issue.

There Goes the Neighborhood on January 27, 2016 at 11:58 PM

How well has Ted Cruz worked with Pelosi and company?

How well has Ted Cruz worked with the people in his own party?

What has he accomplished in the senate, in stopping anything the establishment has put forth?

You know the answer, and so does everyone else. The alternative, Trump “not working with” his political opponents, accomplishes nothing. Why you Trump haters think it’s a negative, is beyond me.

He’s said the same thing about the GOPe. They start warming up to him and that somehow reveals something about Trump, rather than something about them?

Some of you are truly deranged in your thinking.

JannyMae on January 27, 2016 at 1:19 PM

The Democratic party has been unified in the Senate, and enough RINO votes have allied with them to give them what they want. McConnell has accomplished nothing with them, and he’s the Majority Leader.

The only way that Cruz would be able to brag about his accomplishments would be if they were all liberal. Frankly, in that environment, criticizing him for not accomplishing anything in the Senate is completely backwards.

The time to worry about Cruz would be if he could brag about all his Senate accomplishments, because they would all be to forward the liberal agenda.

But you’re right about one thing. I would fully expect a President Trump to be able to brag about his accomplishments and the deals he struck in the Senate. I just don’t think any of them would be anything we would like.

There Goes the Neighborhood on January 28, 2016 at 12:19 AM

Like/RWM !!

Welcome back! Missed you!

portlandon on January 27, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Seconded. I’m glad to see you posting again. I’d have greeted you sooner, but … I don’t spend as much time hanging out at Hot Air as I used to. The writers have drifted too far to the left, and the only reason to keep coming is for some of the commenters. And the signal-to-noise ratio is getting pretty bad for that.

It’s a shame that just being critical of Trump makes some posters denounce you as just another troll. There do seem to be a few draining the whole glass of Kool-Aid.

It was pretty bad in the run-up to 2012, also, but it was the Mittbots back then.

I’m sure once whoever gets sworn in as President, we’ll be back to complaining about whatever it is he’s doing. (It won’t be Hillary. She’s just a lousy politician.) I’m just hoping we’ll have less to complain about than we do now.

There Goes the Neighborhood on January 28, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Troll? I see a patriot. the Trumpbots have RUINED this blog.
RUINED. IT.
‘Lime’ is not the problem here!

annoyinglittletwerp on January 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Agreed +1000

Buttercup on January 28, 2016 at 7:54 AM

I don’t blame Trump for dropping out of the debate. It was all set up to ambush him. Why should he need to answer questions from illegal immigrant moderators? I think others should drop out as well, they just look like sheep by participating in it. I say this as a Ted Cruz supporter.

Dollayo on January 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM

Dollayo on January 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Lime in the Coconut on January 27, 2016

Your comments have always been a welcomed read for me, especially when pertaining to legal issues and case law observations, which have provided me with a better understanding and less tenuous grasp of the same…

You have made the choice to change your allegiance and citizenship to that of the United States of America, knowing (i’m sure) full well what that decision to take a Constitutional Oath might mean for you both personally and professionally…

I, for one, applaud you for doing so, and I welcome you as my American sister…Please continue to speak out on issues which concern AND effect you as an American, and keep in mind that there are more than just a few folks out here who sincerely appreciate your viewpoint and welcome your comments.

Signed,

An USA Army Vet

tanked59 on January 28, 2016 at 9:47 AM

Everyone else seems to be run by MONEY, PAYOLA, BRIBES, MEDIA and Political HACKS!

I guess TRUMP stands alone!

No wonder he is successful – Jut think how well he can manage the Obama Corruption Machine and clean it up!

Obamatrix on January 28, 2016 at 7:21 PM

From what I saw in a certain “debate” the word “moderator” was – and from every indication will continue to be – a gross and deliberate misuse of the word….

Declining to get involved with a demonstrably smugly, self-righteous, agenda-driven “faux” [non-]journalist twit is – however debatable the process of doing so may seem to many – a rather smart move.

RL on January 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM

Sorry for being late back…
And my analogy stands.

When Trump said you “lack courage” if you won’t face a moderator in 2012 election he meant him.

And hew was going to BOTH moderate a GOP debate.
AND possibly run as an independent.

I get that you think Megyn is an unfair moderator…
Would Rand Paul be a fair one?
Or would refereeing AND playing at the same time also perhaps be unfair?

If you think Megyn is more unfair than someone else RUNNING for President; you have a point that this is worse than what Trump said “lacks courage”…
But I don’t believe you think that.

gekkobear on January 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM