Trump jokes, “I could shoot somebody..” triggering predictable outrage

posted at 9:21 am on January 25, 2016 by Jazz Shaw

I received a surprising amount of feedback by email and social media over the weekend about what struck me as a throwaway moment from the 2016 campaign and – surprise – it was yet another comment from The Donald. Imagine the horror sending shock waves through the media when Mr. Trump raised the specter of shooting somebody in upper Manhattan. (ABC News)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump joked today that he could “shoot somebody” in New York City but still not lose what he called his loyal supporters.

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK?” Trump said to laughter at a rally he held at a Christian college in northwest Iowa. “It’s like, incredible.”

As he spoke, the billionaire put his fingers into the shape of a gun and acted out pulling the trigger.

The Guardian quickly jumped on the comments, describing them as pushing the limits of his political rhetoric. Watching the coverage on CNN this weekend you might have thought that Trump actually had shot somebody. Oh… and he also pointed his fingers in the image of a gun.

Everyone had to get in on the action, it seems, and Chris Christie was “flabbergasted” at the nerve of Donald Trump saying such a thing. But then he followed it up with what must be one of the more tone deaf moments of the month. (NJ.com, emphasis added)

But the New Jersey governor conceded Sunday that Trump’s latest comment that he could “shoot somebody” and still “wouldn’t lose voters” astonished him.

“I don’t know whether it’s true or not, but it’s pretty amazing to say it – isn’t it?” Christie asked his town hall crowd in Portsmouth…

Christie brought up Trump’s remarks as he warned New Hampshire voters not to cast a ballot in about two weeks here based solely out of anger at the Washington establishment.

I want to burn Washington down (too) because it’s so damn ineffective,” Christie said. “But who’s going to rebuild it?”

Wait… you’re upset about Trump saying he could shoot someone but you want to burn down the capital of the United States? Isn’t that arson? Wouldn’t it potentially result in tens of thousands of deaths?

Of course, attacking Christie for that comment would be as pointless as going after Trump for his remarks. Christie doesn’t literally have any plans to start chucking Molotov cocktails at the Lincoln Memorial… at least to my knowledge. And Trump isn’t threatening to actually stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and open fire. I want to bang my head on my keyboard for even having to type the words, but he was making a statement about how confident he is in the strength of his support among voters. I’ve done similar things here more times than I can count, frequently saying that too many Democrats would still vote for Hillary Clinton even if you found video of her feeding puppies into a burn barrel. It’s not something I’m accusing her of actually doing (though if you do happen to have video of that, please forward it to [email protected]), but simply a hyperbolic example of partisan zeal.

And finally, just to add a bit of perspective, if you’re looking for points to attack The Donald on in terms of saying “offensive” things on the campaign trail, does this even make the top ten? Does anyone really think that the poll numbers are going to suddenly collapse on the heels of this remark? As the Sundance Kid once said, You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.

TrumpShoot

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

You mean the debate where he stated it couldn’t work here?

NWConservative on January 25, 2016 at 12:27 PM

No, the one where he said it would. Hearing him articulate the issue was like trying to cut soup with a knife. Policy discussions are not your guy’s forte.

troyriser_gopftw on January 25, 2016 at 12:43 PM

The reason I think Trump’s comment is dangerous isn’t because of the shooting analogy as much as it is the theory in Donald’s mind as to how much control he has his supporter’s minds. Nicely explained in the following article.

Reno232 on January 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Trump is a f’n embarrassment to the GOP.
What a moronic boob…

Knuckle-heads chime in with:
“Yeah, but he’s a lot richer than you!”
in 3.2.1 …

RedManBlueState on January 25, 2016 at 12:46 PM

CNN is now asking that Trump be held accountable for the no blacks rental policy his father had (per US federal government guidelines) at one of his properties in 1950, when Trump was 4.

This is not a joke.

And Hillary Clinton, herself, commits actual, serious felonies right and left and they ignore them.

The pro-Trump movement is as much anti-media as anti-GOP in my opinion.

talkingpoints on January 25, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Reno232 on January 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Careful. Unreasonable observations are not welcome here. “Unreasonable,” as defined by the most prolific commenters in this thread, means “not licking Donald Trump’s boots.”

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 12:54 PM

So the name Trumpbot is fair according to Trump. He is perceptive.

Basilsbest on January 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM

My take on it is if you’re going to come at me personally, do it from the front, and in fairness to you, you haven’t done that.

troyriser_gopftw on January 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Wow… Talk about cognitive dissonance. You came at me, and I handed you your foolish little head. You want to take that as a cowardly sneak attack, then I suggest you spend some time learning the difference between your front and your back. You want to whine about “anonymous” people putting your narcissistic arrogance on public display and then slapping the crap out of you, then I suggest you only engage individuals who use their actual names.

There are multiple reasons that individuals do not use their real names online, and hiding who they are so they can launch cowardly attacks on people from the shadows is not among the more prominent reasons.

In fact, the single most common reason people use anonymous nic’s, is that their ISP’s do not allow proper names, and once you have built up on online persona using the name assigned to you by your ISP juggling multiple names gets complicated and tedious.

Oh, and while you are busy only engaging those few individuals who do use their real names, try not to die of boredom, because you are going to be spending a lot of time not engaging with anyone.

You might also want to try manning up and admitting when you are being a jerk once in a while, oh hell, while were shooting for the impossible, you might even try not attacking those cowardly anonymous people who refuse to use their real names and say things that scare you even though they are not specifically talking directly to you.

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Trump is a jackass, that says jackass things, and has jackasses try to explain it all to us.

Trump can say anything about about anything and it is brilliant strategy.

Next up, this cult needs a theme song.

Moesart on January 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM

HA still needs an edit button.

Moesart on January 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Hyperbole – The main ingredient of trump-mania. It’s what he does, His soul swims in it.. wait.. that was a figure of speech too.

Seems as if some Americans need to go back to school and be taught figures of speech. Cause wow…

Here, for the less than up to speedsters..

Endunamoo on January 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM

I took a conciliatory tone because, as it happens, I’m the first to recognize that yes, I can be a jerk sometimes, and that I was taking those ad hominems too personally. That said, I apologized for the tone but not the substance of my response to those attacks. People who attack others anonymously are not behaving honorably. That’s a fact.

Thing is, Trump supporters don’t want reasoned argument. They can only fall back on the ad hominem attack since nothing about Trump is conservative. His political philosophy, such as it is, is either vaguely defined in the broadest strokes or barely articulated at all. ‘Make America Great Again’ isn’t an idea; it’s a sentiment, relying solely upon emotional appeal. Emotions don’t solve problems. Demagogues like Trump know this, and don’t care. They aren’t interested in solutions. They’re interested in power.

True story: my Stepbrother Ted owns a custom window business (stained glass and the like) in Nashville, Tennessee. He once put in a window for a former pop musician who once played for the band, Bread. My Stepbrother said, ‘Oh, so you were in Bread?’ The guy said, ‘No, my parents were not related.’

Ba-dum bum.

troyriser_gopftw on January 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM

So much in common with Hillary.

Oxymoron on January 25, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Trump to walk this back at next debate: “I could shoot Rosie O’Donnell”

agmartin on January 25, 2016 at 1:41 PM

predictable outrage

Predictable PC feigned outrage. Pffft.

Trump to walk this back at next debate: “I could shoot Rosie O’Donnell”

agmartin on January 25, 2016 at 1:41 PM

+100

petefrt on January 25, 2016 at 1:44 PM

NWConservative,

On single payer, Trump was for it before he was against it. He also refuses to privatize Social Security or Medicare. I don’t think there’s any socialist program he would privatize.

This is why the progressives win in the long run:
The Democrats keep electing people who want to add new social programs, and the Republicans keep electing people (like Trump) who refuse to repeal and privatize any of it. So we are eternally marching towards a socialist state, regardless of which party wins the elections, and Trump is a part of the problem.

TBSchemer on January 25, 2016 at 1:47 PM

HA still needs an edit button.

Moesart on January 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM

How about a Moesart ignore button?

SpongePuppy on January 25, 2016 at 1:56 PM

I am so outraged over this I’m going to have a nice cry because Trump will get away with it and probably shoot the GOPe some more.

SpongePuppy on January 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Next up, this cult needs a theme song.

Moesart on January 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Solaratov on January 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM

The vast majority of so called news outlet edited two very significant words out of the quote. “They Said“… Donald Trump was quoting someone else when he said he could shoot people and not lose any voters.

Watch the video, Trump sounds less like he agrees with it, then genuinely surprised anyone would suggest such a thing.

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM

Well, I’m surprised that Jazz didn’t do a little more research too. However, this lie that’s being repeated by Glenn Beck isn’t surprising. Not only that but in the last 7 minutes of my comment, Rush has repeated it 3 times!!!

Thank you oscarwilde for posting the truth about this attack against Donald Trump.

Oh, Beck said last Friday that Trump is portraying himself as an Evangelical Christian, ROFL!

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Funny how virtually all of those opposed to Trump left out the preface to his comments, which clearly shows that he was not saying “I could” but, rather, that “they say I could . . . .”

You can see the full context of his statement here:

Mr. Trump said, “… My people are so smart. And you know what else they say about my people? – The polls. They say, ‘I have the most loyal people’. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, Okay? It’s like incredible!”

“They say I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody” is a wee bit different than “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody,” no? Or, perhaps, completely different?

Thank you.

Cold Warrior on January 25, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Schadenfreude on January 25, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Trump Cult Song

Buttercup on January 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM

I apologized for the error, sport. So tell me, ‘a old Rock Star’, are you one of the former musicians from the 70’s pop band Bread? Bread wasn’t rock, you know. Singing that dreadful stuff doesn’t make you a rock star, old or otherwise.

troyriser_gopftw on January 25, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Ok, now you’ve done it. I can forgive you anything except hating on Bread. You take it back right now……:)

texasmagnolia on January 25, 2016 at 2:33 PM

Reno232 on January 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM

So, Trump’s like Mandrake the Magician. Right?

Solaratov on January 25, 2016 at 3:03 PM

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Ba-dum bum.

troyriser_gopftw on January 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM

It is in my nature to forgive, forgetting takes a bit more work.

You say that “Trump supporters don’t want reasoned argument. They can only fall back on the ad hominem attack since nothing about Trump is conservative” which is amusing, since that is an ad hominem attack and a broad brush stroke statement. You follow it up with “Demagogues like Trump know this, and don’t care. They aren’t interested in solutions. They’re interested in power”.

Which again, is not a reasoned argument, its a ad hominem attack against Trumps supporters masquerading as an attack against Trump pretending to be a hypothesis, which lacks any substantiation or corroborative evidence.

With respect to Donald Trump being a Conservative, or, as you would prefer to assert, not being a Conservative. The assertion that he is not a conservative is a canard, a unfounded rumor or story that relies on emotional appeal rather than factual evidence.

The hard truth to come to terms with for those making that assertion, is not that Trump is a conservative, but that the definition of what Constitutes a Conservative varies pretty dramatically between geographical regions and social demographics.

Conservative is not a monolithic unified and defined political position. A Conservative in California is considered a mushy moderate in Texas and a Massachusetts Conservative is considered a liberal in Mississippi.

Donald Trump was for the majority of his life a very high profile high finance Businessman in New York City. Many making the assertion that Trump is not a conservative present as evidence his personal and professional business dealings in the most ruthlessly competitive financial real-estate Market in America.

He donated to Democrats, he associated with the Clintons, even called them friends. Yea, those people making those assertions seem to never have been involved in business in a large metropolitan area. Multi-billion dollar business deals do not have political party affiliations. They have profit and loss associations, they have graft and kickback associations. They have costs of doing business associations, or, they do not get done.

What you do not do in a large metropolitan area like New York City or Los Angeles, is make enemies of the local political class. Piss off a powerful and well connected politician like the Clintons, and suddenly every high and mid level city and county bureaucrat in town has you on their shit list.

Getting a building inspection permit goes from taking a week, to taking months if you can even get it, without losing it because you failed an inspection you didn’t even know took place. Yea, it really does work like that.

Assertions that he is not a conservative have also been made with a evidence presented being social position that he held 5, 10 or even 20 years ago. His position on abortion for example, many years ago Donald Trump articulated the position that he believed that abortion was a womans right to choose.

Those presenting this statement as evidence that he is not conservative consistently leave out his full statement on abortion pretending that the rest of his statement is irrelevant or somehow doesn’t exist.

His actual position was, that an abortion was the choice of the woman, but that he personally did not believe that any abortion should take place. He believed that abortion was wrong, but that he did not have the right to tell a woman she could not have one.

After 9/11 is position on abortion changed and he decided that abortions should only be available in the cases of rape, incest or when the mothers life was medically imperiled by the pregnancy.

His position on Obamacare is another supposed proof that he is not a Conservative. 10 years ago Trump stated that he was in favor of a minimum basic medical safety net. He endorsed Romeycare and Obamacare, ah… there it is, the smoking gun that he isn’t Conservative. Yea, not so much. The majority of those pushing this as evidence that he is not a conservative are again relying on the same tactics of not investigating, reporting or admitting Trumps full statements on Universal Health-care.

Universal Health-care is a very complex subject. After investigating Romneycares implantation and success (if you want to call it that), and then after watching Obamacares dismal failure, Trump concluded that a socialized, nationalized Health-care system simply could not work without producing an unacceptably low level of Health-care.

His conclusion was that the Health-care industry needed to be massively overhauled as private industry, which would of necessity involve massive insurance and health-care regulatory repeals and changes in how the markets were structured.

What it comes down to is this, there are a lot of issues, where at first glance, Trump seems to hold, or once held liberal positions. However, very few of those seemingly liberal positions were in fact anywhere near as liberal as their first blush glance suggested. When you honestly and fairly take the time to examine those positions, it becomes surprisingly clear that his positions are for more complex than merely being at a glance liberal positions.

His positions even back 10 to 20 years ago on liberal social issues like abortion, emanate domain, and Universal Health-care while appearing liberal on the surface, actually have surprisingly conservative foundations to them.

He hated abortion, but believed it was a womans right to choose, what appeared as a liberal position was in fact a federalist based opinion. The rights of the individual and the rights of the State outweighed those of the Federal government.

A great deal of his so called liberal positions are just like this. Unless you actually examine them closely (and honestly), they appear to be liberal positions. In reality, they are actually moderate or even conservative in their fundamental underlying justifications.

But hey, those who do not really want to know, whose only goal or interest is in proving that they are right, of convincing other of their arguments, of “Winning” they not only have no interest in what Trumps actual positions are, but many even have a vested interest in remaining ignorant.

Now, my True Story: Back in 1980 at the ripe old age of 19, my very first presidential election was racing towards me at a million miles per hour. I grew up in California with Ronald Reagan as the governor. I knew who he was and what his political positions as California’s governor were.

Ronald Reagan was not a Conservative as governor of California. He was a moderate with conservative leaning sympathies. The band I was playing in in college actively campaigned all over Southern California on behalf of Ronald Reagan.

I can very vividly remember how both the Republican Establishment and the Democrats attacked Reagan. He wasn’t a conservative, he wasn’t very smart, he was a power hungry populist demagogue. That he didn’t have anything more than vague intangible ides about policy or how to achieve those policies.

In other words, all of the same accusations that are being thrown against Donald Trump today.

I am not attempting to suggest that Donald Trump is the second coming of Ronald Reagan, or even Reagan like. What I am telling you is that when he was first elected, Ronald Reagan was not the conservative icon that he eventually became.

If he is elected President of the United States of America, like Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump will not walk into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave as the man that is remember when he leaves. He will evolve, just as every single President ever elected did.

Donald Trump is more conservative than he is liberal, but, like Ronald Reagan, he is not a Conservative, he is a moderate with Conservative leaning sympathies. With a conservative/Republican majority leaning congress it is well within the laws of probability that his evolution will follow a similar track as Reagan’s did.

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Thank you.

Cold Warrior on January 25, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Interesting. I retract my previous statement:

So much in common with Hillary.

Oxymoron on January 25, 2016 at 1:40 PM

And offer the following in it’s stead:

Trump voters, so much in common with Hillary voters.

Oxymoron on January 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM

And offer the following in it’s stead:

Trump voters, so much in common with Hillary voters.

Oxymoron on January 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM

No, you by making that statement have more in common with Hillary, the traitor.

Donald J. Trump is a Patriot and we that support him are Patriots also.

Like always attracts like.

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM

Just quoting, so the actual truth does not get lost in the milieu of feigned outrage, at a comment, Donald Trump never said.

Amazing, how some on the Right, loath the Media, except when it does not serve some micro agenda in. The agenda in this case is of course the SJW Trump outrage.

Sharr on January 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM

oscarwilde on January 25, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Great article, written with a lot of insight and common sense.

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Like always attracts like.

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM

So Trump supporters are selfish, carnival barking buffoons? Seems an interesting admission.

Trump is no patriot; he cares for one thing, and one thing only: himself. His love for this country extends only so far as he can be enriched by it. From his love of eminent domain to his repeated business bankruptcies – no matter the larger consequences – if it helps the Donald, he does it.

Since you seem enamored of the man, perhaps you can explain this.

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Sharr on January 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM

If we’re setting the record straight, let’s at least get it right. The “They say” did not immediately precede the comment about shooting someone on 5th Avenue. Here’s where the “they say” came in (talking about the polls):

“They say, I have the most loyal people, did you ever see that?”

The actual quote is missing something, but it’s not “they say.” He said, “Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters, OK?”

Now surely no one here is actually going to argue that Trump was saying that the polls say he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone without losing support. He‘s saying that.

And he’s right. To the everlasting shame of his supporters.

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Reno232 on January 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Thanks for posting that article…I missed it when it first came out.

Frankly, I’m not sure if Trump’s hypnotizing the GOP or simply the Media at large. They’ve had him on to comment about issues for years, and if anyone has been hypnotized it’s them.

And I’m beginning to seriously doubt that the polls are accurately reflecting what is realling going on in the country. Ron and Rand Paul’s supporters taught us how effectively they can overwhelm media polls and surveys simply by sitting at their computers and participating over and over and over again. Is this perhaps how Trump’s supporters have created a false impression of the breadth of his support?

UPNorthWolf on January 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Trump is a f’n embarrassment to the GOP.

RedManBlueState on January 25, 2016 at 12:46 PM

An embarrassment fully created by the GOP for ignoring,insulting and lying to the base.

wifarmboy on January 25, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM

The “Where” is an indicator that he’s continuing the previous scenario. In what way are his voter’s (they say) the “most loyal”, well to the hyperbole that he could shoot someone and not lose any votes.

So this is a distortion–much like Trump’s own calling Cruz “nasty”.

Axeman on January 25, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Is it just me or is Trump saying that his supporters are mindless robots that will respond to his programming without question? I mean, I know there are some, but wouldn’t it make sense to keep that opinion, I don’t know, to yourself?

Nobody actually thinks Trump is going to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. He’s got top men for that, and they do it in discrete places. Only the best hit men. Finest quality.

Immolate on January 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM

UPNorthWolf on January 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM

I think you’re grasping at straws here. It’s a little baffling but only a little. Leaders are good manipulators. Good leaders manipulate people for noble causes. Bad leaders manipulate people for rotten causes. It is the nature of the transaction that the manipulated don’t see the strings.

Immolate on January 25, 2016 at 5:34 PM

So this is a distortion–much like Trump’s own calling Cruz “nasty”.

Axeman on January 25, 2016 at 5:27 PM

It’s really not. Trump is giving his interpretation of what he thinks the polls say. He’s no longer offering poll data, he’s letting his audience how know how he has chosen to interpret that data.

Not only does he apparently agree with it, he’s also proud of it. He seems to derive pleasure (who wouldn’t?) from his belief that he could kill someone and his supporters would remain loyal.

Immolate on January 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM

And they only eliminate losers, really nasty people, you know? Then Trump sends the bill for the hit to their families, which they happily pay. Because Trump.

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM

NWConservative,

This is why the progressives win in the long run:

TBSchemer on January 25, 2016 at 1:47 PM

I would be fine with completely destroying Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD and most federal departments, forcing congress to meet via conference call and demolishing or turning Washington DC into a museum, etc.

But I’m realistic in what we are going to achieve. And unlimited immigration from third world countries of people who are used to big government will want the same here. If we don’t control immigration to this country to a manageable level, we will become Mexico North, China East, and Middle East West.

All areas where liberty DOES NOT FLOURISH.

NWConservative on January 25, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Immolate on January 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM

LOL

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Like always attracts like.

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 4:17 PM

I can see you’re not a truth seeker, so responding to you any further is futile.

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Rush was perpetuating the lie pertaining to this thread topic and Hannity followed. Going to turn on Levin and see if he does the same.

bluefox on January 25, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Immolate on January 25, 2016 at 5:30 PM

And they’re Yuge…

Longing4Lincoln on January 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Very nice! I wanted to add the above, then saw your “expansion on the subject”. I can’t compete with that.

Oxymoron on January 25, 2016 at 7:30 PM

NWConservative,

Mexico, China, and the Middle East aren’t worse off because of the people in those regions, but because of their governmental systems. Chile, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the UAE all demonstrate that if you take people from those cultures and put them into free market systems, they achieve prosperity, just like us Anglo-European-Americans.

Drop your prejudice against other cultures, and help us bring the free markets back to our own country.

TBSchemer on January 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM

jazz, are you so dense that you don’t understand why people were upset??

we know that! that is NOT the point here.

yes that is the entire point. were you COMPLEMENTING hillary’s supporters when you said that?? no. you were insulting her supporters. likewise, trump was saying something BAD about his supporters. he makes fun of the fact that they are so obsessively devoted to him that he can do anything and they would be okay with it. jazz, you did not even notice that he is making fun of his own supporters!!

and… what he said is true.

Sachiko on January 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Absolutely correct. And blindingly obvious. How can Jazz miss this?

CanofSand on January 25, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Trump Cult Song

Buttercup on January 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM

I was there in Pensacola at the debut of that song modified for Trumporiginally written to honor Gen. Patton:

He said he had originally written the song in honor of Lt. General George Patton, who led the U.S. Army when it liberated Italy in World War II, but tweaked it to focus on Trump. “When I saw Donald Trump announce his candidacy and he talked about George Patton, I was just inspired to change it and make it a little more contemporary.”

Great show and a real crowd-pleaser!

Don’t let that tough, patriotic language bruise your sensibilities, buttercup.

fred5678 on January 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Jazz … Jazz … Jazz … Jazz

WHEN are you going to update your very misleading post to include the COMPLETE QUOTE .. as WaPo did in its very first article???

Washington Post did it better than Jazz on Hot Air??? End times are here.

DONALD TRUMP: THEY SAY I COULD ‘SHOOT SOMEBODY’ AND STILL HAVE SUPPORT

Their video also does not truncate the first words, as almost all MSM does, and as evidenced by the majority of commenters here who have been misled by truncated news reports.

Jazz — PLEASE FIX YOUR POST!!

fred5678 on January 25, 2016 at 11:01 PM