Florida poll: Trump 48, Cruz 16, Rubio 11, Bush 10; Update: Trump up 20 in new NH poll

posted at 4:41 pm on January 20, 2016 by Allahpundit

Lotta hype for this poll among Trumpers today. I don’t know what to tell you, Rubio fans. The best spin is the obvious spin: A million things are going to happen between now and March 15th, when Florida votes, so it’s not even worth worrying about it. What Florida does will be shaped by what Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, and a bunch of southern states do in the preceding six weeks. His strategy now is “3-2-1,” i.e. finishing no worse than third in Iowa, no worse than second in New Hampshire, and then winning South Carolina outright. If he’s as weak in those states as he is in this poll, he’ll be effectively done by the “SEC primary” on March 1st. before Floridians even really start paying attention. Fretting about Florida now is like an NFL team fretting about its playoff chances in week three.

But let’s be honest. These are not the numbers you would have guessed three months ago if I’d asked you to predict the state of the race in Florida on January 20, 2016.

Florida’s Republican primary would be a Donald Trump blowout if held today, according to a Jan. 15-18 poll by Florida Atlantic University Business and Economics Polling Initiative. Trump leads with a whopping 47.6 percent support among likely Republicans, followed by 16.3 percent for Ted Cruz, 11.1 percent for Marco Rubio, 9.5 percent for Jeb Bush, and 3.3 percent for Ben Carson, who in November had 14.5 percent support in the same poll. Since that poll, Cruz gained six points and Rubio lost seven.

“At this point, Donald Trump is simply crushing the opposition in the Florida Republican primary,” said Kevin Wagner, Ph.D., associate professor of political science at FAU and a research fellow of the Initiative. “Not only has he increased his lead, Mr. Trump’s favorability ratings among Republicans are now ahead of his competitors by a substantial margin.”

Per the crosstabs, Trump’s favorable rating across the total electorate — not just Republicans but everyone — is actually slightly better than Rubio’s, Bush’s, or Cruz’s. He’s at 42/51; the best the others can do is 37/52 for Rubio. Jeb does best head to head against Hillary, leading her by 3.5 points, but Trump is right behind him: He leads her 47.0 to 44.3. Rubio? He … trails by less than half a point. Gulp.

Actually, I can come up with a better spin than the one above. Have a peek at HuffPo’s collection of Florida polls and you’ll see that this one is an extreme outlier. A one-day poll taken there three days ago, with a much bigger sample, put Trump at 31 percent and Cruz not terribly far behind at 19. Those are the only two polls of the state this month, but never once did Trump approach 48 percent there last year even as he was dominating the field for months. His best showing until today was 37 percent in late October. In all likelihood, unless FAU is picking up a sudden stampede towards Trump down south two months before Floridians actually vote, this is a flawed result derived from a too-small sample of just 386 Republican likely voters. On the other hand, even in the more realistic one-day poll this week that had Trump at 31 percent, Rubio’s still stumbling along with 12, the same share as Jeb Bush. If any state should be high on Rubio because they know him well, it’s Florida. What gives?

Cruz is trying to finish off Rubio in New Hampshire with amnesty attacks, knowing that a poor finish there means Rubio’s effectively done. Check out how Team Marco is countering him below. What’s the key word in that ad? Exit question: Will Cruz’s knock on “New York values” hurt him in Florida? A socially conservative Republican should be worried about all the New York emigres there, no?

Update: Maybe I, er, spoke too soon about Kasichmentum.

Say, who’s that creeping into a tie for third with Marco Rubio?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 7:53 PM

I’m pretty much in agreement with you here. I’m resigned to it and yes, I will plug my nose and vote for him against a corruptocrat or an Out Socialist if it comes to that, but I’m doing it as a last ditch effort for my country.

I share your fear that there might be a leftist Operation Chaos happening here. I’ve not personally met a Trump supporter, but I’ve met many conservatives who are shocked and amazed by what they are seeing here and know he isn’t the principled choice. This makes no sense to me.

Bee on January 20, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Matt Damon/Ben Affleck ’24!

terryannonline on January 20, 2016 at 8:01 PM

If Trump builds that wall and ends the stream of illegal aliens then he will have fixed THE most important issue of our generation ….NOBODY ELSE RUNNING WILL…..That alone will have him TOWERING over even Reagan…END OF STORY…..TRUMP 2016

dio55 on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

You and your socialist-minded buddies built a Flukeing cult around Trump. Any discourse with your kind is impossible.

The emperor is naked, don’cha know.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Ya’ll just need to simmer down there cowboy. We are all actually on the same team here.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Here I’ll take care of the heavy lifting for you portlandon

Good t see that the low-information voters that have corrupted the GOPe rank-and-file into voting for an elitist, pro-choice, anti-gun liberal Democrat from NYC as their nominee. I won’t be crying when Trump crashes in a 49-state landslide loss to Emperor Hillary I… you knuckle-dragging nitwits earned this defeat.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Morons and imbeciles… that’s all they are. The real “low-information voters” I see are Trump fanatics.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 7:18 PM

What, that’s she has zero legislative accomplishments since 2009, has no principles, and passed on a golden opportunity to run in 2012 with an embarrassingly weak field?

The delusion surrounding you Palin fanatics is incredible. Her words mean nothing because she’s all talk and no action.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 7:22 PM

I was a regular poster on here before extremists like you took over the comment section.

And quite frankly, I don’t give a flying shit about you or your fellow TrumpBots, because I have a brain. Your landslide loss in November is assured, but keep on deluding yourself into thinking otherwise.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Whatever. Trump is going to lose, and I will laugh endlessly at your stupidity and small-mindedness that a pro-choice, anti-gun liberal elitist northeastern Democrat is gong to beat Hillary.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Continue to believe that the sky is purple and grass is polka-dotted. Come November, I’ll get out the popcorn which will be salted from tears that will pour from your face as you suffer a nervous breakdown.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 7:46 PM

“Banter”

Remember guys, the Trump supporters are the howler monkeys

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 7:57 PM

What difference does it make if I support Bernie Sanders? At least Bernie says outright that he’s a socialist from the northeast… the least Trump could do is say the same thing.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Conservatives go on and on about Hollywood……but our front runner is TV host lol

terryannonline on January 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Sour grapes that all it is

djohn669 on January 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

He’s being as strident as you. Nothing to see here.

Bee on January 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM

portlandon on January 20, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Amen!

onlineanalyst on January 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Enjoyed the laugh out louds, folks.

Need to spend some time with the Man, because baby, it is!

jersey taxpayer on January 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Remember guys, the Trump supporters are the howler monkeys

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

I’m illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Remember when people used to do that?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM

So what would happen if you are wrong and Trump wins it all?

Would you ever have the humility to admit it?

I have the humility to admit he can lose, but you can’t possibly return the favor.

I therefore conclude that you are frothing at the mouth.

nobar on January 20, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Not one person in this comment section can change one thing about this race. We are all dealing with the damage done by 7 years of autocratic rule by the most liberal of Americans. And it isn’t pretty.

The pendulum is swinging, Trump is where it is headed. The Democrats put a totally unacceptable person in the Whitehouse, now the Republicans are about to do the same.

I do know Trump is a pretty good person, I mean, he is known for his accomplishments at least. His resume of success and failures are real, and done according to good old American values. (Think back, robber barons… Tammany Hall… the great industrialists…Trump is still based in the traditions of American history.)

And Trump does care about America. Just that fact alone makes him infinitely better than any Democrat.

This is probably the end of the Republican Party we have known. And the end of the Democrat Party we have known. But it is a new day and things change. With all the changes in our society if our political parties didn’t change that would be very odd.

I just hope Trump wants at least part of what I want. I know Hillary does not. I know who to vote for. I hope the American People do a better job than they did in 2008 and 2012. That’s all I can hope for.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM

He’s being as strident as you. Nothing to see here.

Bee on January 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Bingo!

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:12 PM

“Banter”

Remember guys, the Trump supporters are the howler monkeys

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Look at all that bantering!!

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM

He’s being as strident as you. Nothing to see here.

Bee on January 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Nope sorry, really don’t think so. My remarks have been flippant in nature and directed at one individual that has clearly gone off the rails and is insulting entire groups of people in an angry infantile manner. They are direct responses to his tirades because I find them amusing. If you are going to make a comparison please try to keep it apples to apples.

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Best thing that could ever happen to this country is having a non-politician in the WH. Some one who has worked for a living in the private sector and has not sucked at the gubmint teat all their adult life. Damn, can’t wait for that. The Donald has already said he would give his alary up. I’m guessing to the Vets. He won’t need to piss away millions of tax payer dollars on vacations and having a fat azz ugly blitch who has never loved America flying around the globe acting like some African Queen LaBumbadooosha. Since Trump has lived a lavish life, he won’t need to do so at taxpayers expense. The WH and the perks for him will be second rate service. He won’t be impressed and won’t be that enamored with the position like some affirmative action community organizer.

they lie on January 20, 2016 at 8:14 PM

I’m illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM

You sure are.

Joseph K on January 20, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Look at all that bantering!!

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM

My god…it’s full of banter!

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM

It’s hilarious. I love all the splodey heads.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Hmmmmm….. Hope and Change. Deja vu all over again

redridinghood on January 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM

So what would happen if you are wrong and Trump wins it all?

Would you ever have the humility to admit it?

I therefore conclude that you are frothing at the mouth.

nobar on January 20, 2016 at 8:10 PM

I refuse to vote for him under any circumstance. If he accidentally wins thanks to a wide swath of low-information, ignorant voters that overrun the ballot box (just like in 2012) my life will go on. But I will exercise my conscience and campaign against him as far as I can.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM

So you are saying that one of our great capitalist success stories, is really a closet socialist? I am finding that hard to believe.

Trump is a Capitalist. Capitalism is not pure, anymore than Conservatism is pure. That is just reality.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Good to see that we’ve all apparently reached equilibrium with the liberals in that if someone on your team is acting like an ass it’s all good as long as it’s directed at the people that even slightly disagree with you.

Banter!

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM

You sure are.

Joseph K on January 20, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Isn’t this awesome? 48% in Florida. He’s winning everywhere. The Anti-Trump’s are reduced to hoping against reality that he loses in Iowa.

It’s great.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Banter!

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM

And it’s always Trump and his supporters’ fault.

BANTER!!

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Really sick of all the Cruz bashing.

redridinghood on January 20, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Here you go buddy: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM

You know that just sounds like sour grapes.

Politics is always the lessor of two evils… that is what the word means… and this time around it is Trump.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:21 PM

Does anybody have a suggestion for a great lotion….my knuckles, they’ve been dragging and all.
HornetSting on January 20, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Head on over to Tractor Supply and get a tin of “Bag Balm”. Slather it on, and put some gloves on for an hour or two while it absorbs.

LegendHasIt on January 20, 2016 at 8:21 PM

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM

At best, he’s a corporatist… not even a capitalist.

And he’s declared bankruptcy twice, or is any mention of that verboten?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM

And he’s declared bankruptcy twice, or is any mention of that verboten?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Actually buddy it’s 4 times, but yeah everyone but apparently you has known that for oh…6 months now?

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:25 PM

You know that just sounds like sour grapes.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:21 PM

I rejected the “lesser of two evils” argument the second Romney gave his concession speech in 2012.

Trump is an evil. Hillary is an evil. What difference does it make?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Herman Cain: I’ve got black callers who say they are going from Democrat to Trump

Fallon on January 20, 2016 at 8:28 PM

And he’s declared bankruptcy twice, or is any mention of that verboten?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM

So debtors prisons then?

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Trump is an evil. Hillary is an evil. What difference does it make?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Hey if you don’t want to vote for him fine.

No one said the party automatically has your vote.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:30 PM

At best, he’s a corporatist… not even a capitalist.

And he’s declared bankruptcy twice, or is any mention of that verboten?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM

I used that fact myself, back before I realized nothing I could say would make one bit of difference. I’m not thrilled with Trump. I just know that is the way it is, and I KNOW he is better than Hillary.

So, I can see what other people are seeing, and what they like about him.

Trump as President is not all bad.

We have laws that protect Corporations to further the Capitalism… if not then you would be able to sue the gun makers for the murders done with the guns…

I don’t really get your point if there is one.

I do feel your pain. It is unbelievable and almost painful to see Trump win this thing. But it is what it is. And he is better than any Democrat. He just is.

The business of America, is business… and Trump is a business man. Maybe he can right the ship of state. That is my hope now that there is nothing else to hope for.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Fallon on January 20, 2016 at 8:28 PM

He’s going to have a landslide victory against Clinton or Sanders.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Trump is an evil. Hillary is an evil. What difference does it make?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM

HIllary is evil.

Trump is NOT evil. He’s egotistical, he’s blustery, he’s obnoxious, he is many many things. But he is not evil.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:33 PM

He’s going to have a landslide victory against Clinton or Sanders.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Landslide huh?

I hope so.

But I’m just hoping for a win.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Trump is an evil. Hillary is an evil. What difference does it make?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM

Trump does not have a history that includes people dying around him under mysterious circumstances

Trump does not have a history of lying, even when you don’t have to lie. You don’t stay in business long if you lie.

Trump is not a politician.

Trump has not endangered lives by posting top secret (and above) level information through an illegal email server set up in order to skirt scrutiny

Trump has not vindictively tried to literally destroy the lives of people that have crossed him, not even Rosie O’donnell.

Trump does not have a “Foundation” that basically exists to operate as a mechanism to buy political favors.

Definitely evil…

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:40 PM

I want to really like Trump, but I can’t stand his nasty, bully tactics against people that are important to this country… like Cruz.
Trump needs to stop with the bullying and start giving us substance and he needs to quit being so thin-skinned over anyone that disagrees with him. I want substance not just name calling. We don’t need a dictator as our next President… we already have that.
Please Donald, do your homework, be prepared and tell us your plan on how you are going to Make America Great Again.

redridinghood on January 20, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Landslide huh?

I hope so.

But I’m just hoping for a win.

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:35 PM

He gets the same white support that Romney got plus the Perot voters and 25% of the black vote? Landslide win.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:51 PM

He’s going to have a landslide victory against Clinton or Sanders.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Hillary’s already contracted for U-Haul trailers to move back all of the White House furnishings she and Bill purloined in January 2001. That’s how confident she is in beating the snot out of Trump.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Now now Myron try and calm down, have a drink or something before you pop a vessel over this, we know your not going to vote for Trump
he will get over that… not sure your going to. take it easy its ok.

MrMoe on January 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Then vote for the felon. I don’t care how deluded you and Hillary are about her winning the presidency.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM

he will get over that… not sure your going to. take it easy its ok.

MrMoe on January 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM

It’s ok dude, he’s just being “strident”.

And uh, something about absurd absurdity.
banter

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM

It’s ok dude, he’s just being “strident”.

And uh, something about absurd absurdity.
banter

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM

HE’S JUST BANTERING!!

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:57 PM

oh, just stopped in for a minute, looked serious, guess not :)

MrMoe on January 20, 2016 at 8:59 PM

carry on.

MrMoe on January 20, 2016 at 9:03 PM

oh, just stopped in for a minute, looked serious, guess not :)

MrMoe on January 20, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Oh, he is serious. I was just being facetious.

He’s unfortunately actually raving and probably sitting in a pool of his own spittle by now.

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 9:04 PM

petunia on January 20, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Trump’s campaign is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Trump has his own interests first and foremost, which is furthering his “brand” by gaming the system. He doesn’t really care about the nation’s best interests, let alone advancing anything that his supporters claim to believe in.

I find that hard to see it not being inherently evil.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 9:05 PM

So, this is what happens when TDSers and PDSers collide.

Paperclips on January 20, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 9:08 PM

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM

I’m refuse to vote for Empress Hillary I. I’d rather support Bernie Sanders, who is exactly as Trump is, but at least honest about it.

It won’t matter anyway, as the GOPe won’t win to begin with, regardless of who I vote for.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 9:10 PM

they lie on January 20, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Luv this. Bravo.

Typicalwhitewoman on January 20, 2016 at 9:11 PM

banter

Sugarbuzz on January 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM

HE’S JUST BANTERING!!

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 8:57 PM

There’s more of me than there are of you. Bank on it.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 9:12 PM

As a young 20’s something person (some 40 years ago) I often speculated on the political future awaiting in my old age. While I predicted statism, green authoritarianism, declining growth, socialism, high taxes, Mexification, demographic shifts, and/or a possible conservative counter-revolution I UTTERLY FAILED TO SEE THIS.

In the 1976 Republican convention the choice was stark and simple; either we support mid-west/eastern ‘business’ main street Republicans (Jerry Ford and WIN buttons) OR the ‘far right’ man of the West US…the spiritual and ideological conservative-libertarian Ronald Reagan.

But that was the old GOP. Since then the suburban WASP of the NE and West Coast is no longer predominately Republican. No longer does the upper middle class professional identify as Republican. The party base is now regional, highly rural, evangelical, and/or lower class white…with a mix of main street business.

And from the all these competing voices of the last two decades has come a new and distilled essence: right wing know-nothing populism.

It’s no longer the moral majority, tea party, neo-cons, libertarians, or chamber of commerce. NOPE – meet the new party of right wing know nothing populism.

This new movement has nothing to do with policy (plenty of us were adamantly opposed to open borders and chain migration for decades). It has to do with naked and proud stupidity – ‘Vote for Trump’ because he celebrates his ignorance and thoughtless blathering.

I am a supporter of Cruz – someone who has a brain and ideological belief system behind his politics. I could live with Rubio or Fiorina or even Christie. I hate the “establishment” of Mitch McConnell (etc.).

It’s disgusting…time to destroy the party.

Max Parrish on January 20, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Only the delusiional or the biased can with a straight face say that in a poll where Trump is at 31% and Cruz is at only 19%, that Cruz is “not so terribly far behind”!

redware on January 20, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Hear that? That is the sound of inevitability.

The Notorious G.O.P on January 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM

There’s more of me than there are of you. Bank on it.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 9:12 PM

do they banter too?

MrMoe on January 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM

And he’s declared bankruptcy twice, or is any mention of that verboten?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Since it’s brought up here on every Trump thread, I think not.

Joseph K on January 20, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Again, vote for who you want.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 9:37 PM

There’s more of me than there are of you. Bank on it.

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Doubt there are that many whiners.

NWConservative on January 20, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Cruz should pull out of the race, and make a deal now with Trump while he has maximum leverage. After Iowa, he will just be crushed underfoot by the stampede.

cimbri on January 20, 2016 at 7:57 PM

That’s interesting. I think it’s to late for that though. I agree in retrospect that Cruz should have settled for second place and made a deal , with Trump as an ally, before the convention. He may have short circuited his career now. btw Same with Levin. Maybe even Rush – though Rush is playing both sides.

O/T – not a response to cimbri
Cruz might be up in IA. Who knows? Where are the polls?

And it’s true, probably Cruz has no future after IA even if he wins there. Winning would just delay , by one state, his downfall.

Cruz’s only hope is to beat Trump by a lot in IA – I mean by over 5 points. A close 2cnd place finish in IA by Trump is a win for Trump.

My honest take is that –
Trump has done some serious shock and awe in the last few days. And Branstad imploring IA not to elect Cruz was a dramatic move. If I had to bet I’d bet Trump wins Iowa by a lot – over 5 points – maybe even 10.

But Trump has also has been obnoxious (as some have noted). I don’t have to list his uncomfortable moves(ethanol not being one – in IA) in the last few days . And Palin has been a mixed bag. It might end up that IA rejects Trump. I would be surprised but not shocked. It’s a tricky state with a caucus system that creates surprises.

BoxHead1 on January 20, 2016 at 9:54 PM

I agree with Trump.

Donald Trump used his signature hairdo to attack government regulation on Saturday at a campaign stop in Aiken, South Carolina.

Trump claimed that regulations by the Environmental Protection Agency have made it difficult to keep his hair clean.

“So I build, and I build a lot of stuff, and I go into areas where they have tremendous water,” said the confusingly coiffed candidate, according to Time.

“And you have sinks where the water doesn’t come out. You have showers where I can’t wash my hair properly, it’s a disaster!

“It’s true,” the billionaire bloviator added.

“They have restrictors put in. The problem is you stay under the shower for five times as long.”

PappyD61 on January 20, 2016 at 9:57 PM

The next debate before the Hawkeye Cauci is going to be tremendous.

I wish they’d get rid of Christie, Bush, and Carson. Leave Kasich in for the comic relief.

And watch Rubio, Cruz and Trump go at it.

Either way, I think Rubio will be on a mission to take out Cruz and he was pretty good at that, last debate.

And the election day – OMG – I haven’t drunk for months but I might have to down a 12 pack that evening.

BoxHead1 on January 20, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Yikes, Cruz people are wetting their pants.

SpongePuppy on January 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Bee on January 20, 2016 at 8:01 PM

What have these principled conservatives actually delivered, if I may be so bold as to ask?

Cruz has accomplished nothing in office, but he did try to push legalizing millions of lawbreakers. Principled?

Some people judge others on results, not just talk.

Trump has already forced the national conversation to the right forcing guys like Cruz to follow suit.

Never having served a day in office Trump has already delivered more actual conservatism than the ever so principled Ted Cruz has in years.

sharrukin on January 20, 2016 at 10:20 PM

21:23CDT BANTER FOLLOWS:
BANTER:
YOU KNOW, A MOOSE BIT MY SISTER ONCE
21:29CDT END BANTER

Fortyback on January 20, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Schadenfreude on January 20, 2016 at 11:33 PM

Conservatives go on and on about Hollywood……but our front runner is TV host lol

terryannonline on January 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM

A TV host? That’s like saying Michael Jordan is a baseball player.

Trump is so much more than a “TV host,” it’s downright hilarious.

JannyMae on January 21, 2016 at 1:33 AM

“the 11 million who are here illegally would be granted legal status” and “would be eligible for permanent legal residency.” – Ted Cruz

Some people judge others on results, not just talk.

sharrukin on January 20, 2016 at 10:20 PM

People need to keep linking to the many videos of Cruz in the Senate judiciary. Nothing is more persuasive than Ted Cruz’s own words with his supporters.

NWConservative on January 21, 2016 at 1:57 AM

21:23CDT BANTER FOLLOWS:
BANTER:
YOU KNOW, A MOOSE BIT MY SISTER ONCE
21:29CDT END BANTER

Fortyback on January 20, 2016 at 10:30 PM

That BANTER was awesome!

NWConservative on January 21, 2016 at 1:58 AM

This thread is absurd. It has been ruined by the Myron Falwell’s lack of self control. I’ll see ya when he grows up. Maybe never. Good job troll myron.

Old Country Boy on January 21, 2016 at 9:11 AM

“If any state should be high on Rubio because they know him well, it’s Florida. What gives?”

Hey Allah, before making a statement like this, why not get caught up? It’s precisely BECAUSE the Florida voters NOW KNOW HIM WELL that he polls so low. He only got elected Senator because (a) Florida is controlled by a RINOcracy, in bed with the CofC and the Ag business, (b) the Tea Party did not care enough to vet the guy (later expressed regret), and (c) low info voters outnumber those who follow what goes on.

Lots of us knew from the get-go about his legislative record here, which was exclusively pro-illegal alien and anti Florida’s citizens. We knew what Rubio would do on illegal immigration/amnesty when he got to the Senate. And he did it. He’s not even particularly popular in the Cuban community here. Florida doesn’t like liars any more than any other state.

memyselfni on January 21, 2016 at 9:49 AM

And he’s declared bankruptcy twice, or is any mention of that verboten?

Myron Falwell on January 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Not at all. But YOU should realize the rest of the story… that 2 bankruptcies out of HUNDREDS of companies is a damn good success rate!!! Any businessman would be proud of that type of success!

dominigan on January 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM

sharrukin on January 20, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Absolutely agree. Some people still want talk, others are demanding results. Results matter, we’ve had enough of talk.

dominigan on January 21, 2016 at 10:10 AM

All I know is, I live right in the middle of Florida and I don’t know ANYONE who is for Trump.

HiredGun on January 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM

HiredGun on January 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM

“How can that be? No one I know voted for Nixon!”
– Pauline Kael’s famous reaction to Nixon’s landslide victory in 1972