Here we go: Cruz planning new attacks on Trump to expose his liberal record

posted at 7:21 pm on January 15, 2016 by Allahpundit

They’re framing this, cleverly, in Trumpian terms. Trump likes to say that he never attacks, he only counterpunches. A man who attacks without provocation is a bully; a man who counterpunches is simply defending himself. We’re the ones counterpunching now, though, says Team Cruz. It was Trump who hit us below the belt by attacking Cruz’s eligibility. The bully wanted a fight and now he’s got one.

Buckle up.

“If Donald wants to have honest, open policy contrasts, we’re ready for that,” campaign chairman Chad Sweet said. “If, on the other hand, he’s going to engage in discussions over nonsensical issues, over birther issues or who’s the real evangelical—which, by the way, someone from his background should be careful about questioning the faith of our candidate,” something Trump has also done recently.

Asked what he meant by Trump’s “background,” Sweet continued, referencing a Trump appearance at a cattle call in Iowa last summer. “I think it’s interesting that Trump … basically said at [a] family values forum he’s never asked for forgiveness, but yet he is Christian. I would ask most Christians the question, ‘What is the first thing you do to become a Christian?’ Christians know what the answer to that question is.”…

“A thrice-married man is going to come into South Carolina expecting to be the Republican nominee?” [Charlie] Condon asked incredulously. “He’s pro-choice. He’s pro- gay marriage. He’s against traditional values. He’s New York, and he’s got to talk about that.”

Newt Gingrich was “thrice-married” when he won South Carolina in 2012 but Gingrich’s conservative record is a bit sturdier than Trump’s is. Million-dollar question, then: Why now? Cruz has spent six months scrupulously avoiding perceptions of conflict with Trump in order to stay on the good side of Trump fans. His spokesman tells Politico that they think they can maintain their second-choice status among Trumpers based on the fact that it was Trump who started this, not Cruz. I don’t know — attacking him as a pro-abortion, pro-SSM phony Christian is about as rough as it gets in a primary. There won’t be many Trump fans shifting from Cruz to Rubio as a second choice, I assume, but there may be some who, when the dust settles, decide that they’d rather stay home now if Trump’s not the nominee than go to bat for Cruz.

I think Matt Lewis is right that this is more a matter of timing than anything else. Cruz sat back for months on end waiting for Trump to fade and for his fans to stampede over into Camp Cruz when he did. It didn’t happen. Now he has to choose: Continue to hold his fire and risk losing Iowa, which may ruin Cruz’s chances at the nomination and render the “second choice” issue moot, or throw the kitchen sink at Trump and hope that Trump fans forgive him for it later this spring? (If and when Trump fades, Cruz’s conciliatory charm offensive towards Trump and his fans will, I assume, be completely, obsequiously insufferable.) He can’t afford to hold back any longer now that Iowans are starting to make up their minds. At least if he loses he can tell himself that he left it all on the field. Imagine if he had continued to hug Trump and ended up in second place because of it.

There’s some truth to this too:

Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal, and Lindsey Graham hit Trump repeatedly when they were polling a combined three or four percent in the polls. It was a plea for attention and may have been seen as desperate by voters. Cruz is strong enough in Iowa and elsewhere that he can do it without fear of being accused of a publicity stunt. He’s attacking Trump alpha to alpha. I wonder if, a few months from now, Trump will look back and wonder why he didn’t start attacking Cruz much earlier, explicitly in terms of his beta-male toadying. Oh well.

Exit question: Will this start a pile-on of Trump among the rest of the field? So long as Cruz (and Jeb Bush) are taking the brunt of Trump’s wrath, there’s really no reason for Rubio not to join in. Via BuzzFeed, Rand Paul is now saying things like “my every waking hour is to try to stop Donald Trump from being our nominee.” That’s a sentiment widely shared among Republican pols.

Update: A provocative point.

If Mr. Conservative had been leading the “Trump’s a liberal” chorus from the beginning, would Rush and the rest of conservative talk radio have been as quick to legitimize Trump as a voice of the people?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:22 PM

probably could….

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:32 PM

K, write me a check for a few million and I’ll jump in. ;)

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM

My veep would be LTC West.

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:36 PM

You might need a bullet proof vest….front and back

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM

You might need a bullet proof vest….front and back

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Why?

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Cause the establishment plays rough and they have sharp elbows….ask TRUMP and CRUZ

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Whose your candidate??

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:44 PM

For President? CRUZ is my first pick. TRUMP is my second. However, TRUMP made a YUUUUUUGGGGE mistake on the birther thing. May not support him if he wins the Primary now. I still hope both maintain over 50% of the polling numbers combined for now…..

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Mines a flip flop of yours..Trump, then Cruz.
But right now I’m a little irritated by both. But thats politics..I will never agree 100% of the time..I know that.
I think I need a break too….

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:54 PM

I gotta head out and get dinner.
Thx for talking.

bazil9 on January 16, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Scott Brown c/b VP

Mass and NH, and to fight against the Injun witch, in a Sanders/Warren scenario, and now that Cruz did the pooch.

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Be very attentive to details

Schadenfreude on January 16, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Trump at the tea party rally in SC

they lie on January 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM

In 2008 Trump said “Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great president. They are fine people. Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she’s a great trooper.”

Gunlock Bill on January 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Sorry getting back on after being gone for a bit…

Gunlock, AnotherJoe addressed this nicely upstream.

What many keep applying to Trump is the label of politician and things they would say or NOT say during a campaign. Remember Trump was not a politician or running for any office in 1999, 2007, 2008, or whatever year you want to choose. He is a BUSINESSMAN and so at those times living in NYC, while Clinton is his Senator, of course, he is going to attend weddings and donate. This isn’t difficult to understand I would think.

I look at what Trump is saying and doing NOW.

g2825m on January 16, 2016 at 5:13 PM

NRO has a column re the House GOP retreat. The “drift” of the membership is that it is wary of Cruz but thinks that it can work with Trump.

Now, here is a nutshell of its agenda:

The framework for that agenda was put to paper this week. Speaking to reporters at the retreat’s conclusion on Friday morning, Ryan said the conference’s top five priorities are national security, tax reform, health-care reform, welfare reform, and “restoring the Constitution” by rebuilding the separation of powers. He promised that House Republicans “will have a complete agenda by the time we have a nominee.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429864/house-gop-retreat-sweeping-agenda-cruz-fears-dominate-baltimore

What, pray tell, is the fear of Cruz, given such an agenda?

onlineanalyst on January 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Here is an interesting read that I agree with:

Along with this article above…what is Trump’s motivation if it indeed is not what he says it is that he is worried about the direction of America.

Think about this if it were you. You are a multi-billionaire and you decide you want to run for Pres? Why? For all of THIS? The bloggers/commenters calling you a clown and idiot? Why should you leave a successful business and wonderful family, who will also be scrutinized and dragged through the mud, all so you can take a pay cut and be called Pres???

I believe he is willing to go thru the crap because he means what he says and is concerned like I am about our country…and because of that he has my vote!

g2825m on January 16, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Iran sees Zero trade 5 bad guys for traitor, furthering their belief that Zero’s a schnook.

Iran purposes swap for 7 bad guys for 5 hostages. Zero says no

Iran takes 10 sailors and purposes previous swap plus the 10 sailors. Zero says no.

Iran releases pics and vids, which they totally control, to embarrass his Lordship.

To get the bad news off the front page, Zero agrees to swap, furthering Iran’s belief that Zero’s a putz

The Bergdahl swap and this swap both happened on a Saturday morning. WHY?

rik on January 16, 2016 at 5:48 PM

g2825m on January 16, 2016 at 5:34 PM

rik on January 16, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Here is an interesting read that I agree with:

Right on!

repconservinthebigapple on January 16, 2016 at 5:59 PM

So is TRUMP for “less” government involved in our lives or does he simply think he can run this monster better than LIBERAL DEMOCRATS?

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Just remember this.For every one of you Cruzbots that will refuse to vote for Trump in the general he will bring in 10 new voters to replace you. Who is going to replace those of us who will never vote for Cruz?

redware on January 16, 2016 at 6:17 PM

redware on January 16, 2016 at 6:17 PM

All Cruz cultists have is BIG LETTERS, rehashing old news as new, and denialism. They are too obsessed with Cruz to think about what comes next.

NWConservative on January 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM

redware on January 16, 2016 at 6:17 PM

White Working Blue Collar American Catholic MALES…..

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 6:23 PM

So is TRUMP for “less”, “the same amount”, or “more” government?

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Aslan’s Girl [email protected]_Girl 2m2 minutes ago
North African Migrants Stone Transgender Women in Germany

If there’s anything to make me sympathetic to transgenders … this is it. An outrage. Send the Muslims back. Let them stone their own.

Btw:

Cruz Rejects Trump’s Muslim Immigration Ban

anotherJoe on January 16, 2016 at 6:29 PM

NWConservative on January 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Serious question: are you aware that Trump is not a conservative, and has donated to Hillary?

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 6:33 PM

No one sees the hump on his own back

rik on January 16, 2016 at 6:52 PM

TRUMP is now getting booed in South Carolina when attacking CRUZ…..TRUMP made a YUUUUUUUGGGGGE mistake on that birther thing and now the bank statements. Look for TRUMP to slide a bit but I still want him to stay above 20% everywhere…..

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Wow, Trump getting booed by Cruz supporters. Who would have thought?

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 7:18 PM

I am remembering all of the things about Cruz that used to annoy me, the weird shape of his face, how his ears seem far too low, or his nose is too high, or something. Not quite sure what it is but his face is just odd somehow.

Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM

A commenter at another sight described his face as “oleaginous”, which hits the nail on the head.

It’s like someone sculpted a conservative out of Crisco.

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Wow, Trump getting booed by Cruz supporters. Who would have thought?

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Nope! In South Carolina, those are Bush and Lindsey Graham supporters…..they absolutely HATE TRUMP because he’s taking up the LIBERAL RINO oxygen in the campaign…..You have no idea how pissed off the Bush’s are right now….

Realdemocrat1 on January 16, 2016 at 7:28 PM

It’s like someone sculpted a conservative out of Crisco.

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 7:26 PM

He’s just a unique guy, a trial lawyer with nasal delivery, going duck hunting, or doing a preacher routine, or sitting at a table with his daughters in a sweater looking like he is about to explode.

Don’t know quite what it is but I’ve never seen another politician quite like him. I don’t even really dislike him, in fact there are a lot of things about him that I like, he’s just sort of weird.

Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 7:36 PM

The word for Teddyboi is unsaleable. I’ve been dealing with losers my whole life and he’s got loser written all over him

rik on January 16, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Wonder what Teddyboi thinks about TX values? They got a superlib Mayor in Dallas, a lesbian mayor in Houston and don’t even get me started about how lefty Austin is. Teddyboi is definitely all hat and no cattle

rik on January 16, 2016 at 7:55 PM

When you first see Ted, you think he’s a smart guy and a committed conservative who really gets it, but in reality it’s just ambition and a lot of posturing with smoke and mirrors.

anotherJoe on January 16, 2016 at 8:07 PM

rik on January 16, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Don’t know if I’d call him a loser but master salesman he ain’t.

Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Trumps liberal policies…that could take dozens of ads to cover just a few of his liberal foolishness.

Let’s see, he wants to build a wall, that is his conservative idea, that’s it.

He wants to:
Raise taxes on the middle class
Expand ObamaCare “It doesn’t go far enough”
Continue fed support of Planned Parenthood
Continued fed support of ethanol subsidies “I love them”
Impose fed tariffs…the unions love this.

See a pattern? Feds, feds, feds…nothing ever about state rights, just more federal intervention.

Oh, did I mention his support of Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Crist, Bloomberg, deBlasio?

He supported Bush…no wait, he said he was responsible for 9/11…but he did support Obama on bailouts…calling him an incredible brilliant man on the economy.

So, yeah, Cruz has a lot to tell the voters…Trump is just to the right of Hillary…no I am not talking about where she sat at his wedding.

right2bright on January 16, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Don’t know if I’d call him a loser but master salesman he ain’t.

Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM

electoral loser

rik on January 16, 2016 at 8:22 PM

rik on January 16, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Don’t know if I’d call him a loser but master salesman he ain’t.
Redstone on January 16, 2016 at 8:08 PM

electoral loser
rik on January 16, 2016 at 8:22 PM

I’m not trying to “sell” Ted to you, rik … but I’m also not going to ‘take your word for it’ and stop supporting him, either.

listens2glenn on January 16, 2016 at 9:08 PM

listens2glenn on January 16, 2016 at 9:08 PM

You don’t have to take my word for it, you have to take his. And mine is infinitely more reliable. Haven’t you had your fill of a smart ass Harvard lawyer who uses over rehearsed mockery as a weapon ? Maybe you are an admirer of our current president

rik on January 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Trump is a communist pedophile, arsonist, drug addicted, necrophiliac, mafia capo, polluter. Everyone knows that.

Mimzey on January 16, 2016 at 11:58 PM

listens2glenn on January 16, 2016 at 9:08 PM

rik on January 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM

I don’t agree with yourself or Redstone as regards Ted’s “salesmanship” ability.
He’s no ‘Donald Trump’, but that’s not equivalent to being a “loser”.

rik on January 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Donald is a “smart assed” businessman, “who uses over rehearsed mockery as a weapon.”

But I don’t hold it against him … I just figure it “comes with the territory.”

Maybe you are an admirer of our current president
rik on January 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM

…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`.._|_,-&“…………….`\
Touché … you “shut me up” … I can’t think of a response to that.

listens2glenn on January 17, 2016 at 12:03 AM

Teddy, didn’t you learn anything over the past 6 months? This strategy doesn’t work. It didn’t work for Scott Walker, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Lindsey, etc. You’re just clearing the field for Trump… Bye bye

Brock Robamney on January 17, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Joseph K on January 16, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Either is Cruz. But I thought the GOPe said this was a positive?

Brock Robamney on January 17, 2016 at 8:48 AM

Brock Robamney on January 17, 2016 at 8:42 AM

I’m sorry, but the fact that so many of you apparently think the following…

1) that Cruz was referring in any way to 9/11
2) that 9/11 happened only in NYC
3) that Trump playing the victim card by hiding behind the WTC bombings is an awesome thing

…just shows that it is no longer only the writers at HA that have made this place a caricature of its once conservative past. The comments have become a cesspool of spammer and ignorant idol worshipers.

I don’t know why I keep coming back, but I do. I believe it just a habit I have trouble quitting.

Pattosensei on January 17, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Ted Cruz just showed his abilities.

OregonPolitician on January 17, 2016 at 8:53 AM

The GOP abandoned this conservative a long time ago. Now conservative politicians,pundits and even many self-proclaimed conservatives in the grassroots who have become RINO enablers, have done the same.Having voted straight Republican for over 40 years, it will not be easy to not vote for our nominee. But unless it’s Donald Trump then I will do what so many disaffected conservatives did in 2008 to McCain and in 2012 to Romney-I will stay home.

I have had enough of a conservatism that doesn’t fight,that doesn’t produce results.I have had enough of slick politicians who call themselves conservatives to get elected and then pass the Omnibus Bill. I have had enough of a politician like Ted Cruz who proclaims himself to be a principled conservative champion,only to play manipulative games with his votes like he did with his so-called “poison pill” amendment which if passed would have given the alien invaders the right to stay here legally, and his attempt to grease the skids for Obamatrsde by voting for cloture and the ability for the TPP to pass with only a simple majority.How can I trust him?

Our nation is in serious trouble. If the tens of millions of illegals get citizenship conservatism doesn’t stand a chance.I used to be a conservative purist,now I am a patriotic realist. Conservatism today has done nothing to stop the march of progressive socialism.I am hoping Donald Trump will save our country so conservatism can fight another day.

redware on January 17, 2016 at 10:42 AM

So, Trump lashed out at Cruz for loans he has from Goldman Sachs etc.. What about the loans Trump has from banks which are literally a million times more than Cruz’s? Is Trump owned by the banks?

A silly argument by Trump really. If you need a loan for whatever, you have to borrow it. Now, if Cruz had a track record of passing legislation that gave favors to the banks that lent to him that were against American interests, then Trump’s comment might have merit. However, such is not the case.

With each passing day, Trump, the “anti politician” is sounding more & more like a politician complete w/ all the slimy tactics.

Reno232 on January 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Reno232 on January 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM

The question is did Cruz not disclose the loans on purpose, or was it an accident?

MGardner on January 17, 2016 at 1:12 PM

. . . . . Conservatism today has done nothing to stop the march of progressive socialism.I am hoping Donald Trump will save our country so conservatism can fight another day.
redware on January 17, 2016 at 10:42 AM

AAAAAUUUGGGHHHHHHHH . . . . . (banging head on wall, in anguish)
redware … for the purposes of our political discourse, the problem is the politicians who are supposed to be representing “conservatism” … not the “conservatism” itself.

“Conservatism” … never … changes.

People (in this case, ‘politicians’) do.
But there’s nothing at all wrong with calling yourself a “patriotic realist”.
In fact, you ought to be able to call yourself a “conservative, patriotic realist.”

I believe that’s what most of us here have turned into, as of late.

listens2glenn on January 17, 2016 at 2:33 PM

NASTY GUY?

Look in the mirror Donald J. Trump.

#notfittolead

PappyD61 on January 17, 2016 at 2:34 PM

TRUMP—-look and listen for yourself.

He’s a self absorbed crybaby that is OUT FOR HIMSELF……a Obama BIG GOV LOVINV SINGLE PAYER LIAR.

PappyD61 on January 17, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Ah, Trump doesn’t have a political record a$$hats!

Amjean on January 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM

Trump is CONSISTENTLY INCONSISTENT.

It’s right there for all to see.

Which Donald Trump is this?

The 1994 Trump?

The 1987 Trump?

The 2009 Trump or the latest sales pitchman saying what he needs to say with no Philosophical governing compass?

PappyD61 on January 17, 2016 at 3:32 PM

I am VERY PRO-CHOICE.

Which Donald Trump is this?

The Progressive Baby killer supporting Trump or the one that now SAYS he wants to defund planned Parenthood?

He’s NOT a Conservative…..he’s a long time supporter of Choice (aka baby murder).

You can’t have it both ways DJT!

PappyD61 on January 17, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Hillary would make a GREAT PRESIDENT.

Mmmmmm. Does that sound like a Limited Government Conservative?

He is a spoiled brat that will throw the biggest hissy you have ever seen if he loses Iowa.

And he is TOTALLY RUNNING THIRD PARTY.

Because his “pledge” was before the party messed him over (assuming he loses the early states, and the nomination.

I like him on Immigration (well what he’s CURRENTLY saying) but he is not trustworthy.

PappyD61 on January 17, 2016 at 3:41 PM

SINGLE PAYER TRUMP.

Does this sound like a Linited Government CONSERVATIVE????

PappyD61 on January 17, 2016 at 3:45 PM

Cruz should not be so dismissive of the birther issue it can cause huge problems in the general…

A blue state Sec’y of State could refuse to put him on the ballot. He’d have to sue. He could very easily win (under ‘living constitution’ jurisprudence) but who knows how long it might take, especially if he has to appeal.

Alan Grayson is ready to file but he’s waiting to see if Cruz could be the nominee. I rather doubt he would have standing but you never know.

As for the issue itself, parentage won’t matter because the underlying place of birth would decide the case before that even has to be considered. The main question is if statutory law can confer ‘natural-born’ status as well as citizenship. People seem to think it does, but it actually doesn’t unless SCOTUS decides otherwise. Nowhere in prior law does it say it does except the 1790 Naturalization Act but in the superceding 1795 Naturalization Act Madison himself removed ‘natural-born’ from the legislation.

So there you have it. Only if you’re a proponent of the Living Constitution which Cruz claims he is not, will he prevail in court.

MaggiePoo on January 17, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Pappy…all that stuff is meaningless. If you want Cruz because he’s for small government then he would be more effective in the Judicial branch anyway–hopefully the Supreme Court. The decisions they make will have more influence than any President who gets rid of an agency or two.

Besides, PC and liberal judicial philosophy have been making great inroads into our Law Schools. The fight will be had in that branch and have longer lasting results than anything the executive branch can do.

MaggiePoo on January 17, 2016 at 4:29 PM

This is just noise.

If Trump wins the nomination and election he will HAVE to keep his campaign promises, it’s just that simple.

President Trump will not get any sort of a “honeymoon” from Congress, the MSM, and most ESPECIALLY the electorate.

Both the Democrats and the Republicans will hate President Trump, the MSM will continually attack and vilify him. Both Congress and the MSM will start looking for any impeachable actions on his part. The only thing both parties fear is the power of the people to turn them out of office, especially if they are seen attacking a popular president.

The MSM being the MSM will just froth on like the rabid squirrels they are, they lost all confidence of America years ago.

The only possible way he can avoid impeachment is to keep the voters happy and the only way to do that is keep his promises on the fence, et al.

If he fails even slightly then the voters who put him in will demand that Congress turn him out. Remember, he’s a white ageing male. White ageing males are always in season.

He’s a smart man, he knows if he doesn’t keep his promises he’s out. I just hope he picks a good VP.

E9RET on January 17, 2016 at 4:49 PM

E9RET on January 17, 2016 at 4:49 PM

And who is going to oust him? The establishment?

Pattosensei on January 17, 2016 at 5:48 PM

I look at what Trump is saying and doing NOW.

g2825m on January 16, 2016 at 5:13 PM

The Pepe Le Cruz camp is desperate. They are throwing the kitchen sink
They know they have a losing campaign, where they assumed Trump supporters would just flock to Cruz.

Brock Robamney on January 18, 2016 at 1:45 AM

For those of you that think it’s logical that Trump, a NYC business man, would attend Clinton’s wedding, donate to liberal pols, etc. I would offer this, I know a number of wealthy conservative businessmen in NYC who don’t act likewise.

For that matter, can you imagine George Soros, who is vastly more wealthy than Trump, going to a Ted Cruz wedding or donating to conservative pols? The whole he did it because he had to in NYC is a ruse.

One thing I do know about certain NYC businessmen, once you’re in the influence peddling game as Trump has admitted to, you don’t change just because you switch sides, one buying influence to one being bought for influence. It becomes part of ones DNA. Those that take the blinders off will see this in Trump. He truly does have the “NYC values” as we know it. Is that really what we want? Someone who will want his palms greased?

Reno232 on January 18, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Cruz et al shouldn’t worry about “losing” crossover Trump voters.

That non-conservative anti-all-immigration-and-brown-people cult of personality not only isn’t voting for any other Republican, they’re not voting for Trump.

FishingwFredo on January 18, 2016 at 11:58 AM

And who is going to oust him? The establishment?

Pattosensei

Did you even read my post? The only base a President Trump will have are the voters. Everyone else in Congress and the MSM will be gunning for him waiting for him to screw up so Congress can impeach him. As long as he has the support of the people he’ll be all right. As soon as he screws that up impeachment proceeding will start.

E9RET on January 18, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Comment #666 . . . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA (maniacal laughter)

listens2glenn on January 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM