Breaking: Two Navy boats, 10 American sailors in Iranian custody; Update: “Snooping,” says Iran; Update: This endangers everything, says top Dem; Update: No SOTU mention

posted at 4:41 pm on January 12, 2016 by Allahpundit

Golly, I hope this doesn’t put a damper on the inevitable “peace in our time” tribute to the Iranian nuclear deal in tonight’s SOTU speech.

Iranian military forces seized two U.S. Navy boats Tuesday and are holding them in custody on Iran’s Farsi Island in the middle of the Persian Gulf, senior U.S. officials told NBC News.

Officials said it’s unclear whether the 10 American sailors who were aboard one of the small riverine boats had strayed into Iranian territorial waters before they were captured.

The officials said the Americans were on a training mission around noon ET when their boat experienced mechanical difficulty and drifted into Iranian-claimed waters and were seized by Iranian Coast guard.

John Kerry has already been on the phone with Iran’s foreign minister and the crew will supposedly be returned “promptly.” Let’s hope so for O’s sake, or else an already awkward defense of his disastrous foreign policy this evening will grow an order of magnitude more awkward. The proof’s really in the pudding here: If the sailors are in fact returned soon, fine, it was an unfortunate accident. If there’s any delay, it’ll become more difficult to believe that this happened the way it’s being claimed. One of the worst aspects of the nuclear deal, which critics saw coming before the agreement was struck, is that the White House is totally invested in its success — even if that requires them to look the other way at Iran’s transgressions in the name of preserving the deal. We’ve already seen one ominous example of that this year, with the White House having declared that it would impose new sanctions on Iran for proceeding with its ballistic missile program, only to turn around and announce that the sanctions would be delayed indefinitely after Iran objected. Knowing that Team O will bend over backwards to avoid perceptions that Iran is exploiting its nuclear detente with the U.S. to act more aggressively abroad, why would they get the benefit of the doubt here that it was the U.S. Navy that screwed up?

Here’s Navy video from late last month of Iran’s navy deciding to conduct a missile test within 1500 yards of an American ship that was in international waters at the time. The Navy called it “unnecessarily provocative and unsafe.” Do tell. I’ll leave you with this:

Update: Sean Davis of the Federalist notes that John Kerry’s office is tweeting about cheese this afternoon.

Update: Oddly enough, Iranian media isn’t claiming this was caused by an innocent mechanical problem.

Update: Is this a minor misunderstanding? Not according to Eliot Engel, the top-ranking Democrat on the House Foreign Relations Committee.

“I think it endangers everything, I really do,” Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., the panel’s ranking member, told the Washington Examiner.

“I’m outraged, and Iran needs to release these people as soon as possible or else it would be unthinkable or impossible to make further progress with them on anything as far as I am concerned,” he said.

Update: (Jazz)

On CNN with Wolf Blitzer, White House Spokesperson Jen Psaki assures the nation that Barack Obama will not address the Iran hostage situation during the State of the Union. Latest reports indicate that Iran “plans” to release the sailors after dawn, though the US Navy is capable of conducting virtually any type of operations in the dark. (Last caveat from me, not Psaki, though I sat through months of those night operations on an aircraft carrier when Iran had some other hostages back in 1980.)

So why would the President address it? I would note that these are not civilians or Americans held by terrorists in a cave somewhere. This is a sovereign nation with borders, a flag, a military and all the rest. This is an embarrassment beyond words.

Update: (Jazz) 7:00 pm eastern

CNN reports that the US has had communication with command from the captured vessels. Still insisting that they will be released after dawn. No word if the boats will be returned immediately or the equipment onboard.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

First question to the president after the SOTU should be: “Mr. President, why does Farsi Island still exist?”

Skip2014 on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

No doubt the son-of-a-bitch is referring to Hillary’s coronation.

jbspry on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

President Trump just got elected.

renalin on January 12, 2016 at 7:17 PM

It is possible Dark Current is Pres. Obama.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Heck no. He’s much too polite (apologist though he is) to be 0bama.

GWB on January 12, 2016 at 7:18 PM

God I hope he doesn’t say something about Crusades and high horses in regards to the people he commands that are now hostages. His handlers better make sure of it.

Buddahpundit on January 12, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Well done.

JusDreamin on January 12, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Thanks Jazz!

God bless our servicemen!

portlandon on January 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hope and Change

“I really hope the world changes, because I sure as fark don’t have a clue what to do about anything.”

— Obama

Oxymoron on January 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I’m guessing a minimum of ten days before the U.S. personnel are released and Iran keeps the boats.

Obama calls it the first joint military exercise post the Iranian agreement which could only have happened because of the Iranian agreement.

Win win.

parke on January 12, 2016 at 7:02 PM

My guess is Iran announces within the next two or three days that they’re detaining all of the sailors and will be putting them on trial for “espionage”, and will probably scuttle the boats once they’ve stripped them of all useful tech and intel.

Why not, it’s not like Obama’s going to do anything that would jeopardize his precious “nuclear deal”.

Gator Country on January 12, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

I doubt he’ll be missed. Thanks.

Aitch748 on January 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM

As it should be.

Meremortal on January 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Skip2014 on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Dang straight, Skippy. Errrr…. Skip.

GWB on January 12, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Kabuki.. there are no coincidences

MrMoe on January 12, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Interesting coincidence that this happens today. I do not believe in coincidences.

Techster64

Well, don’t worry – we’ll arrest the person responsible for the offensive, disgusting video that caused this.

jbspry on January 12, 2016 at 7:25 PM

My phonecall would be “You have 12 hours, after which I will make the Dresden bombing look like happy fun playtime”.

12 hours later, the killing would begin and would stop exactly 24 hours after the sailors safe return.

Men, women, children, goats.

I’m done with this crap.

Tard on January 12, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Maybe Putin can do one of those Jimmy Carter style interventions and get them back.

Meremortal on January 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Where is the Commander in Chief…?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM

I will not believe anything this administrations says regarding the incident. I will not believe anything the Iranians say. Both are proven liars.

This could be a complete setup by Obama to try and make himself look better.

It could be a bungled special operation.

It could be an insanely stupid and incompetent typical naval operation.

We won’t know for years to come. We’ve become numb to our govt lying to us.

kpguru on January 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM

I’m a Navy brat, spent a fair amount of my youth on or around naval bases, including a two year stint in Subic Bay in the late 60’s (interesting times). But, I am stumped to understand how two small boats transiting from Kuwait to Bahrain encounter mechanical difficulties and drift all the way into Iranian “territory”* without notifying someone somewhere of the situation in a timely manner and getting some support. That pond just isn’t that big. Are there no U.S. carriers on station out there at the moment?

There seems to be more than a few active or retired navy posters here. Can any of you enlighten me as to what the hell was going on?

* In quotes because what Iran considers territorial waters and what the rest of the world considers Iranian territorial waters are probably two different things.

parke on January 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Thank you, Jazz.
BTW. Thank you for your article last night, in lieu of QOTD. It had to be terribly painful for you to write. It was definitely food for thought, and an article I’m keeping.

herm2416 on January 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Meremortal on January 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Hey, maybe Dennis Rodman is available…

parke on January 12, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Where is the Commander in Chief…?

getting ready to congratulate. his self for a fine job.

MrMoe on January 12, 2016 at 7:31 PM

An obvious excuse by the Iranians to give them time to rip the boats apart for any tech.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 12, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Sunrise there is in about 5 hours. The next excuse will be weather/sea conditions.

diogenes on January 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Where is the Commander in Chief…?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM

President Jarrett is going over the TOTUS text one last time.

Oh, wait, perhaps you mean that other phony figurehead? It takes time to make sure the dosages of medications are juuuuuuuuuust right …

ShainS on January 12, 2016 at 7:34 PM

they are announcing that our 10 service members will be released in a couple of hours….oivey

CoffeeLover on January 12, 2016 at 7:34 PM

I try not to hate Obama but it’s a very hard thing to do..He’s everything I’m not..He’s everything this country is not…I need to pray for him..pray for his salvation because only Jesus can change the wickedness that he has in his heart

sadsushi on January 12, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Having spent much of the past 50 years in on and around the water writing about it talking about it on the radio it’s very strange to me that a boat that had problems with the engine it is not accompanied by the other boat almost immediately especially in international waters close to her worst enemy none of this passes the smell test.

rodguy911 on January 12, 2016 at 7:36 PM

*smoooooch!*

[slides Jazz a Pitcher of Whatchudrinkin’…enters under “Taking Out the Garbage”…]

*flips skirt*

Newtie and the Beauty on January 12, 2016 at 7:37 PM

diogenes on January 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM

?

IIRC, it should be about…now.

cozmo on January 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Thank you, Jazz, re Marcus the ghoul.

pambi on January 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

So,

You know your close to an Iran island run by the Iran guards .

One boat has trouble.

Any thing like that in my day and should be these days.

Broken boat. Set charges on 3 min.

Every thing possible off broken boat.

Every one on good boat haul a$$.

If any one messed with good boat fight or die.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

CoffeeLover on January 12, 2016 at 7:34 PM

With luck there will be a Breaking News Alert about the time zero takes the podium… :-)

Serve the SCOAMF right, it would, to have him beat to the punch…

Newtie and the Beauty on January 12, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Did they radio out for orders ?
Was the order to surrender ?
What were Thier rights if doubt about lines were crossed.?

IXXINY on January 12, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Post updated by me and I’m in a far less polite mood. Our feckless leader will apparently not address the issue of ten of my fellow sailors being held hostage at the SoTU tonight because it would probably upset the visuals or something.

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 6:53 PM

He is without honor and unfit for command at any rank.

hillbillyjim on January 12, 2016 at 7:41 PM

IIRC, it should be about…now.

cozmo on January 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Not quite.

google: sunrise iran: 7:14 AM
google: time now iran: 4:14 AM

… google has some interesting features …

gh on January 12, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Well done.

JusDreamin on January 12, 2016 at 7:19 PM
Thanks Jazz!

God bless our servicemen!

portlandon on January 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM
I doubt he’ll be missed. Thanks.

Aitch748 on January 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM
As it should be.

Meremortal on January 12, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Thank you, Jazz.

herm2416 on January 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM
*smoooooch!*

*flips skirt*

Newtie and the Beauty on January 12, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Thank you, Jazz, re Marcus the ghoul.

pambi on January 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Wow, the commentariat seems truly devastated by this piece of news.

Redstone on January 12, 2016 at 7:45 PM

from a freeper:

I double dog dare any Republican to walk up and put a sailor hat in Obama’s empty chair tonight.

9 posted on 1/12/2016, 7:31:01 PM by blueunicorn6 (“A crack shot and a good dancer”)

onlineanalyst on January 12, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Wow, the commentariat seems truly devastated by this piece of news.

Redstone on January 12, 2016 at 7:45 PM

It’s not permanent: “for a while” …

gh on January 12, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Cozmo,79 was a little different,don’t you think

IXXINY on January 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Yeah, despite all his faults, I think Carter still thought America was his country and respected it.

GWB on January 12, 2016 at 7:48 PM

do not underestimate .. he will take credit if possible. last minute return ..in the nick of time

MrMoe on January 12, 2016 at 7:48 PM

gh on January 12, 2016 at 7:45 PM

My bad.

cozmo on January 12, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Update: No SOTU mention

How can he not even mention it; seems ridiculous.

Redstone on January 12, 2016 at 7:51 PM

cozmo on January 12, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Well, it wasn’t 5 hours. I would not even have thought to question that. Also thought you might appreciate the power of the goo … though I’m still not up to the speed of a joana.

gh on January 12, 2016 at 7:51 PM

parke on January 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM

I recently took a position as a civilian contractor at a military base. In our medical clinic, we currently have no working printer-due to budget issues. The electronic health record used by the military does not meet the minimum government criteria for certification. It is so cumbersome that I can only see half the patients I would be able to using any certified EHR. When I started it took 2 months for them to get me computer access, so I couldn’t see any patients for 2 months (and I have been told 3 months is not unusual-at full pay). The contracts are rebid every 2-3 years, and there are frequently gaps in service due to paperwork delays, even though the same personnel are rehired.

What the heck is going on?

They did have me do 4 separate but substantially identical classes on sexual assault.

It just seems that for the amount of money the US spends on the military things should be so much better. I don’t know if there are similar problems in the non-medical parts of the military, but if they have Navy boats breaking down in the Middle East, it sounds as though there probably are.

talkingpoints on January 12, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Broken boat. Set charges on 3 min.

Every thing possible off broken boat.

Every one on good boat haul a$$.

If any one messed with good boat fight or die.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 12, 2016 at 7:38 PM

That’s good ol’ taking care of business by ones’ self, and there is nothing wrong with that. But, we’ve got ships and aerial support all over the Gulf (or at least we use to, has everything been drawn down there now?). Once inside the straight of Hormuz, the Gulf is just a big bathtub, about 100 miles by 600 miles. Surely a couple of jets could scramble to the location within an hour, especially given the route, Kuwait to Bahrain.

And I still have a problem with the story when looking at the google map. No doubt the Iranians are trigger happy in picking up foreign boats. A couple of British boats got (illegally as I recall) collected in a very similar fashion near the mouth of the Tigris a few years back. But to pluck a couple of U.S. boats in open water… that ordinarily would be extremely unprudent, or at least it used to be.

parke on January 12, 2016 at 7:54 PM

He is without honor and unfit for command at any rank.

hillbillyjim on January 12, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Maybe latrine dooty, with some slick sleeves. but iffy at best…

Newtie and the Beauty on January 12, 2016 at 7:55 PM

parke on January 12, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Kinda like the plot from “Iron Eagle,” isn’t it…

Newtie and the Beauty on January 12, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Thanks Jazz!

God bless our servicemen!

portlandon on January 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM

They all deserve more than “a time out”.

Marcus is an illegal racist swine, who calls the radio shows, with a Latin accent, pretending to be a black guy. I’ve posted this myriad of times and he never once denied it.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 7:59 PM

I’ve posted this myriad of times and he never once denied it.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 7:59 PM

Maybe when he returns from his timeout.

gh on January 12, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Omission of any mention at all in the SOTU is a mistake on President Valarie’s part. The media won’t ignore it. The omission just becomes glaring then.

Lolo on January 12, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Won’t Dog Eater be mad when he reads about this in the papers tomorrow morning noon!

viking01 on January 12, 2016 at 8:00 PM

“Both boats have engine trouble and disabled at the same time??!!” Something fishy here. Do Muslims do maintenance on US Navy boats? The only logical explanation I can have is they both ran over an old floating net and fouled their props. Then again maybe the boats use water jets for propulsion?

Expect a parade through down town Tehran then a show trial followed by long imprisonment and torture.

mike3121 on January 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Where is the Commander in Chief…?

Seven Percent Solution on January 12, 2016 at 7:27 PM

In front of the mirror, primping. Duh.

GWB on January 12, 2016 at 8:02 PM

A couple of Iranian fisherman were out and decided they wanted to take American sailors hostage, at this point,what difference does it make.

IXXINY on January 12, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Bump

Boy howdy! We can only hope they’re are some deaths, you know, to make Trumpy Klown and Sideshow Ted look real good.

Marcus on January 12, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Banhammer!

Who is John Galt on January 12, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Creeps like obama and Marcus inhabit and rule our land.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 8:02 PM

The weeping hemorrhoid will get the red dye out so he can draw his red line in the water outside of Farsi Island.

Krupnikas on January 12, 2016 at 8:11 PM

The next excuse will be weather/sea conditions.

diogenes on January 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Which is the fault of globull warming, of course.

talkingpoints on January 12, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Yes, there are in acquisition, at least.

GWB on January 12, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Why is the US Navy not stomping Private Pyle’s guts out?

Isn’t it ironic, the last democrat that was this feckless also lost Americans to the Iranians? Some things never change.

As a side note; Welcome aboard, President Trump.

a5minmajor on January 12, 2016 at 8:14 PM

The Iranians acted stupidly.

Joseph K on January 12, 2016 at 8:14 PM

The Obama Iranian hostages will be on the plane back to the USA while Trump takes the oath of office.

History never repeats.

viking01 on January 12, 2016 at 8:26 PM

No mention of this at SOTU, but he’s going to take a “victory lap” over the Iran “deal.” Will any of the GOP members of Congress have the courage to “boo” the hell out of that shit? And please tell me there’s gonna be someone there to yell “liar.” That would bring this national embarrassment of a presidency full circle. Please, please, please.

Rational Thought on January 12, 2016 at 8:27 PM

The Iranians Marcus acted stupidly.

Joseph K on January 12, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Girl, bye.

artist on January 12, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Has it started? The Newspeak we are supposed to watch tonight but won’t?

I can not imagine a more surreal situation than Obama claiming peace with Iran on one channel and pictures of the prisoners and their families on another.

This is America 2016–24 hour lies.

petunia on January 12, 2016 at 8:30 PM

Jake Tapper just tweeted that a White House spokesperson said they “do not see this as hostile intent.”

The Iranians are being helpful, you see.

Rational Thought on January 12, 2016 at 8:32 PM

Check this out, same topic but not in Iran.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Watch obama, not tonight, laud the Iranians as “our cooperative civilized helpful friends”.

Buy the Times Magazine. It’s going to be a framing item.

Today sealed it.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Sen. Tom Cotton calls this Iranian seizure a humiliation (h/t “The Hill”)

onlineanalyst on January 12, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Petunia did you say you are from Richland? I live close by and this incident proves Obama is incompetent or an enemy of this nation. I detest this man with every fiber.

garydt on January 12, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Buy the Times Magazine. It’s going to be a framing item.

Today sealed it.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Do you have a framed copy of Chicken Little?

verbaluce on January 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM

POTUS refuses Senate Armed Services Committee request for briefing on Iran situation before the SOTU.

Here is the 7 pm clip with Doug McKalway on Greta’s “On the Record” saying the Senate Armed Services Committee requested a meeting with POTUS to discuss the kidnapped sailors before the SOTU. The POS refused.
Scroll to the 2:02 mark.

(I could not get a version WITHOUT the awful 2 minute AD and I couldn’t separate the story)

wyntre on January 12, 2016 at 8:44 PM

Do you have a framed copy of Chicken Little?

verbaluce on January 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM

sure there’s one out there and your behind

MrMoe on January 12, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Are many of you old enough to recall the Pueblo “incident” in ’68? This brings back my feelings at the time- we had friends whose son-in-law was aboard.

Its funny- the anger is still there after 47 years.

Dolce Far Niente on January 12, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

$100 to Wounded Warrior Project to make it permanent.

HumpBot Salvation on January 12, 2016 at 8:50 PM

It is also a sad reflection of today’s military, that the Iranians boarded and took two armed US Navy vessels, without a single round fired.

I don’t care what the odds were or what mechanical situation they were in. …why was not one single round expended?

Because this is obama’s new kinder, gentler military where PC overrides Honor.

We’re going to have to shed a lot of blood and sweat around the globe for many years to overcome the damage this administration has done.

a5minmajor on January 12, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Heh. I’ll take your word for it / no need to read the first two pages :)

22044 on January 12, 2016 at 9:06 PM

We are as clearly as possible on the road to war.

claudius on January 12, 2016 at 9:10 PM

*smoooooch!*

*flips skirt*

Newtie and the Beauty on January 12, 2016 at 7:37 PM

You know you’ve done something right when you get the Newtie trifecta.

Do us a favor and don’t bring him back.

fossten on January 12, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Do you have a framed copy of Chicken Little?

verbaluce on January 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM

The funny thing is that from 1980-1988 all you heard about was the Democrats predicting Reagan was going to start WWIII.

I guess when you’ve got your own racist America-hating thug in there, whatever he does is okay.

fossten on January 12, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Meanwhile 10 U.S. families, and the Nation, sweat it out while the Ass Hat-in-Chief performs another televised episode of The Greatness and Brilliance of The One and opines on how we will all wilt away once he leaves the World Stage.

Would not be surprised if he wasn’t Bl*wing the whole General Assembly to get to anointed World Wide Ass Hat-in-Chief.

[email protected] on January 12, 2016 at 9:53 PM

At least he didn’t blame it on a YouTube video this time.

Sending prayers to those soldiers and their families.

byepartisan on January 12, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Revolution by The Beatles

smokeyblonde on January 12, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Can’t wait to see the video that caused this hostage taking.

steveracer on January 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM

We are as clearly as possible on the road to war.

claudius on January 12, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Sweetie – We are already there!

May be undeclared and non-shooting (for the moment), but never confuse what is going on with a flat-out war.

smokeyblonde on January 12, 2016 at 11:03 PM

[email protected] on January 12, 2016 at 9:53 PM

As a mother a newly minted Navy recruit … may God help anyone who tries to tell to do a “bad” thing and for whomever has the misfortune of capturing her! And having talked with several other recruits from various services today, they are all of the same mindset. And may God help our enemies as these young-un’s are die-hard patriots who want to do the right thing as opposed to mindlessly following orders.

smokeyblonde on January 12, 2016 at 11:07 PM

BTW – Little One and her boyfriend (Ranger-in-training) and friends are Cruz fans. Trump is second and the rest are not even considered.

smokeyblonde on January 12, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Reminds me of the Pueblo incident in 1968 under Johnson, and we let the N Koreans have the Pueblo, even signed a letter saying we did wrong…we should have invaded them.

And Iran should be given a simple warning…return every thing, as it was…you have 48 hours…no negotiations.

But, like Johnson, our president has no backbone…except to the Republican’s…

right2bright on January 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM

I would not be surprised if Vlad Putin was on his way right now, shirtless, on a horse, riding to Iran to release our boys. And Sean Penn is setting up an interview with the Mullahs to discuss their right to pursue uranium enrichment.

red villain on January 13, 2016 at 12:08 AM

If this is a repeat of the British incident, Iran will keep them for a couple of weeks, parade them around, have them wear jumpsuits and finally hand them over after enough humiliation (and other considerations) has been administered.

What a disaster this administration is!

virgo on January 13, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Today sealed it.

Schadenfreude on January 12, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Do you have a framed copy of Chicken Little?

verbaluce on January 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Mostly Germans dead in Turkey…Merkel (Man of the year).

God, you are so dumb, but unaware of it, and then you keep on circle jerking.

Schadenfreude on January 13, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Words fail to describe how bad this is. Pray. God will have to save these men and women. Obama won’t.

ConstantineXI on January 13, 2016 at 6:39 AM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

I realize I’m only like….12 hours behind, but THANK YOU JAZZ!!!!

Can we make it permanent?

Rogue on January 13, 2016 at 8:10 AM

President Trump just got elected.

renalin on January 12, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Remains to be seen.

“We did it, sir! We’ve secured our October surprise!”

“… it’s January.”

F##K!”

The Schaef on January 13, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Thanks Jazz!

God bless our servicemen!

portlandon on January 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hopefully your god does a better job with that than preventing kids from dying of cancer.

antisense on January 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Jazz Shaw on January 12, 2016 at 7:16 PM

He was merely stating that you are looking for any opportunity to advance a political narrative. Marcus surely isn’t actually asking for deaths.

Certainly, by your cavalier attitude toward foisting men into combat situations, advocating armed patrols in the Balkans to bait Russia into war, and complete disregard for injuries in football, I’d say it wasn’t too extreme of an opinion to have.

Evidently so because Marcus isn’t even banned and his posts are still there.

Oh and Jazz? The South will never rise again.

antisense on January 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM

It is possible Dark Current is Pres. Obama.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on January 12, 2016 at 7:00 PM

It’s possible you’re high on ‘shrooms every time you post on HA. In fact it seems likely.

DarkCurrent on January 13, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Derpity derpity derpity do. Derp. Derp. Derpity. Derp. ERP. Derp. derp. DEEERRRP. DERPY. DERP. Derp.

antisense on January 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM

HumpBot Salvation on January 13, 2016 at 3:33 PM

Wouldn’t going from Kuwait to Bahrain take them away from Iranian waters? WTF? I call BS.

idalily on January 13, 2016 at 5:04 PM