Today I get to step outside the box and guest-host for Drew Mariani at Relevant Radio from 3-6 pm ET! The Catholic talk-radio network is heard on over 40 stations nationwide, including affiliates and O&Os in New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago, as well as online and through their free mobile app that plays live and podcasted shows. Today’s show includes:
- Crux’s John Allen on Pope Francis and his new book The Name of God Is Mercy. Plus, we’ll talk with John about the five places where the Holy Father’s lightning might strike next.
- What are the implications of surrogacy? What happens when biological parents want an abortion, but the surrogate does not? Father Tad Pacholczyk will discuss the issues arising from alternative forms of reproduction and the pitfalls they present.
- Jeff Gardener of Picture Christians will update us on the plight of Christians in Iraq and Syria, and what we can do to assist our brothers and sisters.
- When over a hundred attorneys signed a statement saying they owed their careers to the abortions they had received, Sarah Joy Hays felt compelled to respond. We’ll discuss her rebuttal at The Federalist, and how the sacrament of life is coming under increased attack in popular culture.
- Brian O’Neel, the author of 39 New Saints You Should Know, Saint Who? 39 Holy Unknowns; and 150 North American Martyrs You Should Know, will introduce us to Blessed Mama Rosa.
We may add more before the show starts today, plus we will have the chaplet of Divine Mercy. We will also take your calls at 1-877-766-3777. You can also listen on the Relevant Radio app no matter where you are in the world, so download it now. I’ll look forward to talking with you!