Suspect in Cologne sex attacks: “I am Syrian. You have to treat me kindly. Mrs Merkel invited me.”

posted at 2:01 pm on January 7, 2016 by Allahpundit

I only half-believe this was actually said, for this reason: If you wanted to blow up Merkel’s refugee policy, you could not write a single more effective line to do it.

But two respected German papers, Bild and Spiegel, obtained the leaked police report claiming that it really was said. Assuming that report is accurate, there were refugees among the degenerates who assaulted scores of women at the train station in Cologne on New Year’s Eve.

[T]he leaked police report, published in Bild newspaper and Spiegel, a news magazine, claims that one of those involved told officers: “I am Syrian. You have to treat me kindly. Mrs Merkel invited me.”

Another tore up his residence permit before the eyes of police, and told them: “You can’t do anything to me, I can get a new one tomorrow.”…

The Express newspaper quoted an unnamed police officer who said his squad had detained several people who had “only been in Germany for a few weeks”.

“Of these people, 14 were from Syria and one was from Afghanistan. That’s the truth. Although it hurts,” he said.

City officials were eager to say a few days ago that there was no evidence refugees were part of the mob in Cologne. Their own police apparently had reason to think differently. See now why Germans are screaming about politically motivated cover-ups?

Spiegel has published an English-language version of its story on the police report. A lot of people are going to get off scot free, and not just because Merkel’s open-door policy needs to be vindicated at all costs:

Identifying those responsible — especially the perpetrators of sexual assaults — “was unfortunately no longer possible.” The reason: “Security forces were unable to get all of the incidents, assaults, crimes, etc. under control. There were simply too many happening at the same time.” Police were frustrated at their inability to help each victim. At times, it wasn’t even possible to record all of the complaints that were being lodged…

The report notes that police officers were “bombarded with fireworks and pelted with glass bottles.” Even after the square was cleared, there were “repeatedly multiple physical confrontations between people as well as groups of people, thefts and robberies in several places at the same time.”

The author of the report draws a grim conclusion: The actions of the police officers was met with a level of disrespect “like I have never experienced in my 29 years of public service.” Because too few officers were on the scene, the ones that were present “reached the limits of their abilities pretty quickly” — their deployment lasted from 9:45 p.m. until 7:30 a.m. As central problems facing law enforcement, the report cites overwhelmed police officers, insufficient personnel and weaknesses in equipment, which were “not to be expected.” The author describes the entire situation on New Years’ Eve as “chaotic and shameful.”

In some cases, the report goes on to say, police couldn’t reach victims because “clusters of men” blocked their way. In theory, a refugee found guilty of a serious offense can be deported; in practice, the odds of any victim positively identifying one of her attackers in a huge crowd of men and having that identification corroborated somehow by other evidence is small. A few days ago, when stories about the attacks first started trickling into English-language media, the best estimate was that 60 complaints had been filed with the police and a third of those alleged sexual assault. As of this morning, according to the Telegraph, the number of complaints exceeds 150 — and fully three-quarters claim a sex attack of some kind.

It’s a baseline assumption among European fans of open borders that refugees will strain to assimilate, if only for their own economic interest. Keep your head down, learn the language, stay out of trouble, work hard, and you’ll do okay. You’re powerless as a stranger in a strange land so you have little choice but to try to impress your hosts. The flaw in that theory, per the quotes in the police report, is that some refugees realize they’re not powerless. Merkel and her allies are totally invested in their success, having bet their political futures on the idea that they can assimilate newcomers from the Middle East. They’re going to do everything they can, up to and including suppressing evidence in their own police reports, to avoid admissions of failure. The guy who allegedly tore up his residence permit in front of the cops seems to have understood which side has the leverage. I wonder how many other new arrivals understand it too.

For some first-hand accounts of what it was like at the Cologne train station last week, watch the clips of victims recounting their ordeal at the BBC. Sample quote: “I was scared that if someone showed up with a knife I could be raped in the middle of the street.” Exit question from a Twitter buddy: Should we start offering asylum to Germans?

Comments

I wish I had the concession in Germany for pepper spray with UV dye in it.

Allahs vulva on January 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM

I believe I’d give it to Lady Thatcher in a minute.
Zomcon JEM on January 7, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Lady Thatcher was an anomaly. There are a few but for the most part, nature (if you will) never intended for women to rule over men.

Cleombrotus on January 7, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Grace B. Withue on January 7, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Sorry, I was less than clear.

Cindy Munford on January 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM

I believe I’d give it to Lady Thatcher in a minute.
Zomcon JEM on January 7, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Let’s try that again. This time with preview.

Lady Thatcher was an anomaly. There are a few but for the most part nature (if you will) never intended for women to rule over men.

Cleombrotus on January 7, 2016 at 4:13 PM

German women ain’t what they used no be.
We had a neighborhood bully who loved to grab women. Any women. A real creep.
He made the mistake of grabbing my old pal. She had won a Gold for Germany in 1934 for swimming. Still had the shoulders. She beat his azz right on 86th and 2nd Ave. Curb stomped him with a crowd watching.

katy the mean old lady on January 7, 2016 at 4:34 PM

Dear world,

I hope soon realize that Islam is not a religion but an oppressive form of rule with laws that the Peaceful Muslims wish to impose on you.

Oh an the nonpeaceful ones want to burn you in cages

SpongePuppy on January 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Exit question from a Twitter buddy: Should we start offering asylum to Germans?

If we do then I’m sure it’ll just be a coincidence that they’ll all have arabic accents and worship Islam.

Ukiah on January 7, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Cavemen with korans

txdoc on January 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Hmmm. It appears acquiring more ammunition might be a prudent move, just in case the ignoramus in the WH succeeds in transplanting more muslim colonists here. It’s obvious that civilized behavior is not a trait widely valued in colonists from the ME.

I sure as hell do not plan to allow my women, or any other women in my vicinity, to suffer such indignities. As far as anesthetic before castration, fuhggedaboutit. A round of .45 ACP would make it quick and painful, which is the intended effect.

Country Boys Can Survive

bobthm3 on January 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Exit question from a Twitter buddy: Should we start offering asylum to Germans?

On the natural born ones.

Hoo boy, and off we go…

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on January 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM

German women ain’t what they used no be.
We had a neighborhood bully who loved to grab women. Any women. A real creep.

katy the mean old lady on January 7, 2016 at 4:34 PM

I remember that to Katy and as I recall you did a little ass kicking on the perv to.

celtic warrior on January 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Importing over one million uneducated, unskilled aliens who don’t speak your language, don’t respect your customs and come from a culture where rape and mistreatment of women is accepted. And 75% are unaccompanied males 20-35.

What could possibly go wrong?

bw222 on January 7, 2016 at 5:10 PM

celtic warrior on January 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM

I may have inadvertently cast a stiletto heel or two in his direction:)
But the main event was all hers. Glorious!

katy the mean old lady on January 7, 2016 at 5:11 PM

But will she own it… hell no, just like obama owning what happens over here as a result of his utter contempt for the American People.

Voodoo Chile on January 7, 2016 at 5:13 PM

It’s time for the old sow (Angela Merkel) to step down.

bw222 on January 7, 2016 at 5:14 PM

What could possibly go wrong?

bw222 on January 7, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Well said.

SpongePuppy on January 7, 2016 at 5:14 PM

That kind of outrage will not go unpunished in my town. One way or another.

IDontCair on January 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Allow me to quote snippet of a tune from Spring-Time for Hitler:
“Be a smarty-
join the NAZI party!”

And let me add, get it right this time.

M240H on January 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM

I like how LIBERAL RINOS at HotAir infer that this couldn’t be true unless the Media said it happened. Who the hell does Allahpundit think he is?

Realdemocrat1 on January 7, 2016 at 5:53 PM

World leaders who welcomed these Muslim migrants need to be tried at the Hague for crimes against humanity for unleashing rapists, murderers, and terrorists on their innocent civilians. This is a CRIME.

The people of Germany did not vote for these Muslims to come in like this. They may have voted for Merkel, but, heck, if I were German I’d’ve voted for her too back in the day! She used to seem pretty sane. But she’s gone crazy and it’s not their fault. These are innocent citizens whose leader has welcomed in a violent invasion.

Aslans Girl on January 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM

I don’t see asylum to Germans coming any time soon. Haven’t we already deported the homeschooling German family?

mabelee on January 7, 2016 at 6:04 PM

But that is certainly a factor.

Only if they are vetted as not being among the people who voted for Merkel, supported Muslim immigration over the years or recently, and learn to recite the Constitution from memory.

Similar to the suggestions that we move all Leftists to some states and Constitutionalists to another (monocolor states), it is probably too late to move sane Europeans over here and the insane Americans over there.

AesopFan on January 7, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Aslans Girl on January 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM

You are right. How come we only got two pages of comments? This is cause for concern.

SpongePuppy on January 7, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Not enough police? Germany doesn’t have an army anymore? Would seem foreign forces running amok would be a good reason to send in troops, locked and loaded. Moral relativism is the disease that will kill civilization on this world. This entire planet is going to be a nasty brutal place in about 50 years.

peacenprosperity on January 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM

I’m not surprised that the report was leaked. Germans tend to express rage in pretty understated ways, but the Germans I spoke to about this are horrified at what’s happening to their country. One described a train ride through the countryside where hundreds of bearded Arab men got on the train at one stop, and every one of them got off at another stop further down the line. This on a formerly quiet country line. Anyone would be unnerved at that. This isn’t a normal immigration pattern, and anyone who still says that this is a positive thing for Europe is lying.

evergreen on January 7, 2016 at 8:28 PM

AP, if you’re reading any of the conservative information that trickles out of europe, you wouldn’t doubt that those two statements were made.

the people making those comments don’t care about merkel or her political future. they were invited and its the host’s responsibility to take care of them, that is the arab way.

to try and reason why a smart person wouldn’t say such a thing is a waste of time, they are not you.

jetch on January 7, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Agreed. The whole thing turns on Arab/ Turkic shaming culture. Any western-looking woman can expect to be groped at some point when visiting one of those countries. You can wear a wedding band or a hijab to reduce the incidence, though it won’t go away entirely. The idea is that “loose” women are fair game- loose being any woman who dares be in public without a male- and groping them is teaching them their place.

An effective remedy for this is to turn the shaming around on the perpetrators. The appropriate answer to that question is, “is this any way to treat a host who has invited you into their home?”

evergreen on January 7, 2016 at 8:38 PM

That kind of outrage will not go unpunished in my town. One way or another.

IDontCair on January 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM

BS. There’s no shortage of perverts and assorted criminals over here…or in Germany.

The difference is in giving them carte blanche as some kind of protected class. Well, we do the same thing come to think of it…we call them “juvenile offenders.”

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 8, 2016 at 2:44 AM

That kind of outrage will not go unpunished in my town. One way or another.

IDontCair on January 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on January 8, 2016 at 2:44 AM

This is totally different to anything you ever had happen here. This happened to me. Were talking about 10, 20,30 men surrounding you in public places with surveillance cameras and openly assaulting you with total impunity. The sort of thing that happened to the US journalist in Egypt. The Koran teaches them that women who are not Muslims are slaves and they can do what they like to them. This is something that has not happened here since the 2nd WW. You cannot underestimate how deleterious this is.

Esperanza on January 8, 2016 at 4:58 AM

Whether the policy root is direct tyranny or hubris-born incompetence, a populous will not stand for this nature of things very long. Germans will eventually rise up one way or another and throw off this idiocy. Unfortunately, given German history, that tends not to end well either.

Ricard on January 8, 2016 at 8:44 AM

My spouse was speaking with his brother in Germany and the Germans are even more upset with Merkel and the invaders. The Germans want them ALL removed because of rising crime and rapes. Yep, they think as guest they can poop anywhere they like and the hostess will laugh it off. Civil war talk growing in Germany if they don’t get these ravaging invaders out of the country. Another reason to have closed borders and take care of your legal citizenry! Listening D.C.?

Roselle on January 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM