Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2015: 21-30

posted at 4:01 pm on December 30, 2015 by Ed Morrissey

The countdown to the most-viewed posts in 2015 continues today with the next set of ten top Hot Air articles from the past year. Capturing the 21t-30th slots are a variety of topics, from the Vatican to Jordan, taxes and bureaucrats, amnesty and faux generosity, and one of two mass shootings that worked their way into the top 50. Plus, we’re delighted to see Joe Biden make an appearance by being … Joe Biden.

These were the days, my friends:

Come back tomorrow, when we crack the Top Twenty and get into six-figure page view totals. We’ll delve into “college rape culture,” more history lectures from Professor Obama, Sulu attempting to beam himself out of embarrassment, and The Most Interesting Man In The World turns out to be a BS-artist bore. Stay tuned!

Comments

#22: Vatican objects to White House invitation list for papal visit (86,558) – When you invite a head of state over for a welcome, especially one who helped engineer a historic (if foolish) rapprochement with Cuba, do you go out of your way to insult him? You do if you’re Barack Obama, who never misses an opportunity to pontificate on his idea of social justice. The Washington Post made it even more absurd, headlining the effort thusly: “In Pope Francis’s visit, White House sees a chance to transcend politics.” Is that why they invited the transgender activists and the gay Episcopal bishop?

Ah, I remember this.

Good times.

Pure class.

Axe on December 30, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Ah, I remember this.

Good times.

Pure class.

Axe on December 30, 2015 at 4:04 PM

I don’t remember any of these post?

Walter L. Newton on December 30, 2015 at 4:17 PM

OK… this is funny for so many different reasons. The is a current blog entry on Daily Kos.

Donald Trump’s national spokesperson, Katrina Pierson, appeared on CNN wearing a necklace made of bullets. Tone deaf to the enormous problem of gun violence in the United States? Nope. Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, tweeted at Pierson after the appearance:

Surely @KatrinaPierson wore bullet necklace on #CNN to bring attention to 90 Americans fatally shot daily #gunsense pic.twitter.com/o45m0V1hXe

— Shannon (@shannonrwatts) December 30, 2015

The Tea Party darling, who unsuccessfully ran for Congress in Texas in 2014, responded with the vitriol one would expect of an extremist representing a charlatan:

Maybe I’ll wear a fetus next time& bring awareness to 50 million aborted people that will never ger to be on Twitter https://t.co/UTomoyYXLK

— Katrina Pierson (@KatrinaPierson) December 30, 2015

Here’s a Talking Point Memo entry on the bullet necklace…

Out of the current 100 comments on the Kos thread, not one person realized that this had to be a set up on the part of the Trump campaign. I’m positive Pierson had a whole handful of tweet answers, ready to go, depending on which lefty person/organization took the bait about her bullet necklace.

And the kiddies on Kos fell for it, lock, stock and barrel (pun intended).

Walter L. Newton on December 30, 2015 at 4:24 PM

It’s fun to go back and revisit how the GOP lied to us.

Like the Thune post #28 where Thune and RNC Chair Roger Wicker just lies and lies about border security.

aquaviva on December 30, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Did she, actually? That shoudl wipe whatever doubts Trump’s haters raised on his 2A position.

Rix on December 30, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Pierson is my new hero.

Who is John Galt on December 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Pierson is my new hero.

Who is John Galt on December 30, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Yes, he’s hiring the Right People.

Who is John Galt on December 30, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Walter L. Newton on December 30, 2015 at 4:24 PM

ROFL! That’s fantastic!

Regardless of what people think about Trump, you can’t help but love the way that this situation has started breaking up the power that PC had in our society.

lineholder on December 30, 2015 at 4:49 PM

#27. Feel good story of the year?

rbj on December 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Not a lot of interest in this thread…

OmahaConservative on December 30, 2015 at 5:33 PM

#27. Feel good story of the year?

[rbj on December 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM]

Off hand, I can’t think of a better one.

Dusty on December 30, 2015 at 5:46 PM

I don’t remember any of these post?

Walter L. Newton on December 30, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Ah…Colorado Rocky Mountain High…

I remember it well.

;-)

Solaratov on December 30, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Link of the year, I don’t care who you are.

Schadenfreude on December 30, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Roseburg

Christien on December 30, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Unless the 50 contain 22 Grumble posts its fake.

Blake on December 30, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble.

Just doing my part. :)

Barred on December 30, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Link of the year, I don’t care who you are.
Schadenfreude on December 30, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I don’t know how I missed this one, previously … but I totally agree with you.

This link should be posted EVERYWHERE it can be posted.
Thanks for posting (reposting?) it.

listens2glenn on December 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM

#23: Obama White House in meltdown over Netanyahu’s proposed speech to Congress – (84,283) – They still are today, in fact. John Boehner and Mitch McConnell decided to bypass the White House to bring Benjamin Netanyahu to Congress to speak against the Iran deal. Barack Obama, who spent most of the past two years declaring that he would push his agenda through executive orders to bypass Congress in lawmaking (“I’ve got a pen, and I’ve got a phone”), pronounced himself shocked, shocked that Congress had a phone and a pen as well.

Not too shocked – the NSA gave him all the phone taps.

AesopFan on December 30, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Come on, people. we have to get the count over 22 or this post will be fake. :)

Barred on December 30, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Link of the year, I don’t care who you are.
Schadenfreude on December 30, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I don’t know how I missed this one, previously … but I totally agree with you.

This link should be posted EVERYWHERE it can be posted.
Thanks for posting (reposting?) it.

listens2glenn on December 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM

This is from South Africa, but the same thing is happening other places.
The AFF report is a bit more hyperbolic than the original news report, but there is a group targeting their hosts; there are two groups of refugees, one threatening the other and the owners.

AesopFan on December 31, 2015 at 1:13 AM

I don’t remember any of these post?

Walter L. Newton on December 30, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Ah…Colorado Rocky Mountain High…

I remember it well.

;-)

Solaratov on December 30, 2015 at 6:47 PM

And I remembered all of them — obviously, I need to get out more.

AesopFan on December 31, 2015 at 1:14 AM

#30: Planned Parenthood responds: Nucatola’s just talking about reimbursements!; Update: Jindal orders LA probe, halt to PP license; Update: Unedited 3-hour video added (75,384 page views) – The Center for Medical Progress managed to upend Planned Parenthood’s carefully cultivated media narrative. The media responded by declaring the undercover videos “heavily edited,” to which CMP responded by providing all of the raw footage. These days the media just calls them “discredited” with no justification at all — while they continue to use “heavily edited” videos in their own work every day.

Another story where conservatives started believing their own press and ended up embarrassed by the end.

Tlaloc on December 31, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Net result: support for Israel is now pretty partisan and the Iran deal passed. For bonus points, Netanyahu’s coalition shrunk and had to move hard right to remain in power at all.

I thank Bibi for being such an inept tool.

Tlaloc on December 31, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Tlaloc on December 31, 2015 at 3:29 PM

The level of psychological projection in that comment takes it to a new level.

Mimzey on December 31, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Here’s a Talking Point Memo entry on the bullet necklace…

And the kiddies on Kos fell for it, lock, stock and barrel (pun intended).

Walter L. Newton on December 30, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Most likely, Trump’s campaign is all about provocation. That said once again you have a tactic that works in the primary and fails in the general.

It’s like he’s trying to throw the race to Hillary.

Tlaloc on December 31, 2015 at 3:53 PM

The level of psychological projection in that comment takes it to a new level.

Mimzey on December 31, 2015 at 3:49 PM

So you think liberals got embarrassed by the CMP story? How so?

All CMP’s claims turned out to be false, Fiorina was dumb enough to repeat some in the debate and got skewered for it. Multiple state investigations have cleared PP of any wrong doing and the GOP attempt to revoke their federal funding failed.

Where, in any of that, did conservatives win?

Tlaloc on December 31, 2015 at 3:58 PM

#27. Feel good story of the year?

[rbj on December 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM]

Off hand, I can’t think of a better one.

Dusty on December 30, 2015 at 5:46 PM

I nominate #21. Joe Biden’s gotten a good feeling about it.

ReggieA on December 31, 2015 at 10:46 PM