Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

posted at 1:51 pm on December 21, 2015 by Allahpundit

Good advice not just for national policy but for life in general: If you find yourself in the company of someone who needs it carefully explained to them that rape is wrong, you’re probably better off not trying to cultivate that acquaintance.

Actual quote from a supervisor at the asylum center offering the course: With training, new arrivals will “at least know the difference between right and wrong.” As a Twitter pal said, what would the “precautionary principle” tell us to do about immigration in a situation like this?

A course manual sets out a simple rule that all asylum seekers need to learn and follow: “To force someone into sex is not permitted in Norway, even when you are married to that person.”

The first such program to teach immigrants about local norms and how to avoid misreading social signals was initiated in Stavanger, the center of Norway’s oil industry and a magnet for migrants, after a series of rapes from 2009 to 2011.

Henry Ove Berg, who was Stavanger’s police chief during the spike in rape cases, said he supported providing migrants sex education because “people from some parts of the world have never seen a girl in a miniskirt, only in a burqa.” When they get to Norway, he added, “something happens in their heads.”

“Men have weaknesses and when they see someone smiling it is difficult to control,” [Muslim refugee Abdu Osman] Kelifa said, explaining that in his own country, Eritrea, “if someone wants a lady he can just take her and he will not be punished,” at least not by the police.

Follow the link for the requisite ambiguity about whether immigrants from countries where women are treated like property commit more rapes than natives do. Germany’s interior minister naturally says no, but then, given Merkel’s open-borders policy, he has no choice. What would basic grade-school logic tell you about the relative propensities towards sexual violence of someone who’s been raised in a culture where rape is a serious crime and one where “if someone wants a lady he can just take her and he will not be punished”?

Another question: Given Europe’s assimilation problems, how many rapes are missing from the official stats? The best you can hope for from these lessons, I think, is that refugees come away understanding that a rape conviction will earn them a long sentence in one of those, uh, cushy, dorm-like Scandinavian prisons. You’re not going to undo decades of cultural indoctrination about women’s lower worth in one five-hour session, but you might scare them into concluding that if “something happens in their heads” to incline them towards rape, they’re taking a big risk in targeting a native Norwegian woman who might report them. What about women in their own communities, though? Norway has the same problems other European countries do in integrating Muslims; the more isolated those neighborhoods become, the greater the risk that they’ll follow their own customs behind closed doors there and that anyone who tries to bring in outside authorities will be punished. You can shrug that off, I guess, by saying that a woman stuck in a community like that is going to be abused whether she’s in Norway or in Eritrea or anywhere else. In that case, though, why should Norway provide a staging ground for it? If these norms of sexual respect aren’t going to be enforced on every inch of Norwegian territory, then they’re not really norms. They’re just the old custom. There are new customs now.

These training sessions are voluntary, by the way, so only the refugees who are already most eager to assimilate are being exposed to them. What happens to the men who couldn’t be bothered to sign up? Exit question: Is Norway already beginning to follow the “precautionary principle”? Read this.

Comments

JEREMY CORBYN, Britain’s Socialist COMMUNIST Leader Invites Donald Trump To Terror-Linked UK Mosque to Boast About Multiculturalism

No surprise. He also considers the IRA, Hamas, and Hezbollah to be ‘friends’ whilst he has condemned the ‘murder’ of Jihadi John and the notion of killing terrorists ENGAGED IN ACTS OF TERRORISM ON BRITISH STREETS ‘abhorrent and illegal.’

Bishbop on December 21, 2015 at 3:25 PM

I wonder how the black firearms market is doing in Europe these days.

darwin on December 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM

I was just wondering the same. Sounds like a business opportunity, if I were a little more of a pirate….

Doc Holliday on December 21, 2015 at 3:19 PM

It’s fairly easy to buy a non-automatic long weapon in Finland or Sweden.

Rix on December 21, 2015 at 3:26 PM

How many rapes does it take for the population of an average Scandinavian country to return to its Viking roots and begin a mass slaughter of the invaders? It’s not that they lack private guns…

Rix on December 21, 2015 at 2:15 PM

And this! The leadership (to be kind) in these countries is blinding itself to the obvious growing problems these people and their incompatible culture present. You can only call the natives “bigots” for noticing it for so long before the native vote you out, or, if push comes to shove, line their “leaders” up against the wall and fix things in a more brutal way(Ceaucescu, anyone?). It’s coming at some point–people aren’t going to simply allow themselves to be abused forever in order to make their multiculti people feel all warm and fuzzy. Where? Malmo, or Norway, or now moving into first place, Germany…..I don’t know, but you can feel the tension rising and the governments are doing all the usual tricks to try and deny the issue–punishing criticism, limiting the internet/press, and mocking the public. Such behavior will eventually lead to all out civil war in Europe…be warned, Frau Merkel, the Volk are getting angry.

Doc Holliday on December 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM

…in his own country, Eritrea, “if someone wants a lady he can just take her and he will not be punished,” at least not by the police.

Yet another Workers’ Paradise run by Communists.

Dr. ZhivBlago on December 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Well, I guess feminists are happy they finally found a target for their “teach men not to rape” message.

And is there any real difference between Norway and U.S. colleges?

malclave on December 21, 2015 at 3:31 PM

be warned, Frau Merkel, the Volk are getting angry.

Doc Holliday on December 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I know Doc..Merkel just destroyed Germany.
You know, I wanted to travel one day and visit various countries..
There is no point now. I missed out.
My parents went all over the world around 20 yrs ago..they are lucky they got to see countries before they were crushed.
I’ve just been thru the Caribbean and Mexico..never over seas.
I wanted to see where my grandparents came from..never gonna happen now.

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Doc Holliday on December 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM

The amount of misdirection, obfuscation, and disinformation tools at government’s and media’s disposal has grown up tremendously in the last century, and Scandinavian population is particularly susceptible to it. “Stockholm Syndrome” is called so for a reason.

Rix on December 21, 2015 at 3:40 PM

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Ya, my wife has always wanted to see Germany, and she was a bit jealous when I had a business trip over there in 2002, but no way I’d take her there now.
OTOH – she got to see Mexico as a teenager, and I’ve never been there.

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

Offering?

ghostwalker1 on December 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM

So, this admin doesn’t mind having Muslims come here as re-enforcement’s for the pubs supposed War on Women, huh?

31giddyup on December 21, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Offering?

ghostwalker1 on December 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM

lol

I’m stupefied why they’re offering it all. The only solution is to kick them out.

darwin on December 21, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Rix on December 21, 2015 at 3:40 PM

My concern is the backlash may be proportional to the deception–in which case, being a European multiculti may become a very dangerous distinction when the people have had a enough.

Doc Holliday on December 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM

“Rape is baaad, mmmkay?”

–Mr. Garrison

Oxymoron on December 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

But who are we to say that the cultural practices of other people are wrong? This is what I was taught in school in the ’80s. Ironically, I was taught that by teachers who were liberals, feminists, gays, jews – all the people the third world is going to crush.

I knew that multicultural stuff was propaganda even then. I knew, just by looking at photos in national geographic and Time Magazine, that the west was far superior. But I never knew it would come back to haunt the very lefties who tried to indoctrinate me in high school. I never thought I would live to see the day they were hoisted by their own petard. The ’80s were not that long ago.

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Greets B9,
Hubs has seen the world. I had the desire once… not anymore.
Really wanted to go to my grandparents homeland too.

31giddyup on December 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM

OTOH – she got to see Mexico as a teenager, and I’ve never been there.

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Just come to central or southern Calif. Almost like the real thing.

arnold ziffel on December 21, 2015 at 3:52 PM

THE LIFESTYLE/PHILOSOPHY/THEOLOGY/CULTURE YOU LIVED AND PRACTICED IN THE MIDDLE EAST IS IRRELEVANT . . . . . . . over here, you WILL keep your testosterone UNDER CONTROL … or have it REMOVED.
Does that constitute “hate speech?”

TOO (expletive) BAD…

listens2glenn on December 21, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Offering?
ghostwalker1 on December 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM

lol

darwin on December 21, 2015 at 3:46 PM

There is another solution … read my 3:54 PM post.

listens2glenn on December 21, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Doc Holliday on December 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM

War is coming to Europe. The question is who is going to shoot first.

wifarmboy on December 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Just come to central or southern Calif. Almost like the real thing.

arnold ziffel on December 21, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Been there many times already – too many times in fact.
And I no longer have any interest in seeing Mexico.

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM

War is coming to Europe. The question is who is going to shoot first.

wifarmboy on December 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I’d say the muslims already did……

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Did I ever say some women were dirt?

But some cultures are dirt. Terrible dirt. You disagree? Or do you disagree with my blunt choice of words?

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 3:13 PM

But I thought you would have an affinity to dirt, since you talk about women like they were about as worthless as dirt.

I guess I mistook the person who was doing all that trash mouth the other night about women.

Guess it wasn’t you?

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 4:02 PM

\

The topic is third world rape cultures. If you want to talk about women assembling IKEA furniture, go back to that thread.

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 4:04 PM

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM

I know what you’re saying-I wouldn’t either.
I’ve been to Mexico a hundred times..I lived in Cali..we’d drive in and since I’m in Fl..many cruises.

It’s safe in the tourist area’s..they make sure of it..as they rely on tourism.
Parts of it are beautiful..and the culture is cool..the dancing, entertainment ect..
But it is so poor..you see awful poverty. Parents have their young children approach Americans to purchase cheap hand made goods..its sad.
But the resorts are dynamite.

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM

If these ‘immigrants’ need to be taught that rape is wrong, they do not belong in the west.

MsYoung on December 21, 2015 at 4:13 PM

“Men have weaknesses and when they see someone smiling it is difficult to control.”

and from the Breitbart article on the Muslim gang rape of a white girl in England…

Eleven of fifteen Muslim men charged in May with the sexual grooming of a 14-year-old girl have been found guilty, after the judged said they treated his court with “contempt and arrogance”.

These Muslim “men,” back in their native countries, were anything but “weak” or even rapists because, back in their Muslim home, rape would get your nuts cut off and your head sawed off. You had to respect other women because her dad and brothers were Muslim men, living under Islamic law. And you would answer for your behavior.

But in the West, there is no Islamic law, and the women have non-Muslim fathers and brothers. Basically, the difference between the woman you rape and the man you dream of beheading is that the woman has a va-jay-jay you can have fun with, so you do.

And then you laugh about it in court.

Why wouldn’t you? These Western retards are supplying your Imams with churches to turn into mosques. That’s what little regard they have for their religion. Their women walk around without a hijab. That’s what little regard they have for their women.

That’s what liberals just refuse to grasp. To admit. To even SEE with their own eyes.

Muslims consider non-Muslims as non-human. Our laws are meaningless, our cultures are meaningless, and so our lives are meaningless.

The only problem I have with Donald Trumps temporary ban on Muslims is the temporary part!

thejackal on December 21, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Let’s face it. If you had been a camel humper all your life beginning with puberty and all of a sudden you found your lucky azz plopped down in Norway surrounded by those gorgeous Norse chicks, rape would be foremost on your mind. Smart move by the Norwegians. Smarter move would have been to keep the rapists out of the country to begin with.

they lie on December 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Now you’re the thread police too? Wow. You’re one powerful guy.

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Rape is wrong? Who knew?

NoPain on December 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Here’s an absolutely crazy idea…Rather than undertaking the effort to train a class of people inclined to think that rape is A-Ok, how about simply not taking any more of this class of people into your country? And maybe even getting rid of the ones that you previously and foolishly let in in the first place?

I know, crazy right? Eliminating the source of the problem — the direct threat — rather than instituting pain-staking, expensive, and dubiously effective reeducation schemes.

Sammy on December 21, 2015 at 4:23 PM

I’m tired of European immigration policies dominating conservative blogs.

Are you also going to give us daily updates on their socialist economic policies?

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

If Norway ever hosts the Winter Olympics, I’d like to suggest a new Biathlon where you cross country ski a mile, then shoot a Muslim rapist.

Sorry. My fantasies get the best of me sometimes.

NoPain on December 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Greets B9,
Hubs has seen the world. I had the desire once… not anymore.
Really wanted to go to my grandparents homeland too.

31giddyup on December 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Hi there Miss Roni..sorry..bouncing on different threads.
I know what you’re saying..I lost my desire as well. Sad isn’t it?

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Now you’re the thread police too? Wow. You’re one powerful guy.

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I don’t know what your problem is, other than you are butt hurt. If you don’t like my opinions, you are in for a world of butt hurt. Better not to let me know that.

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM

WOW Norway better be careful. Obama will go after Norway if they don’t allow them to do what ever they want, just like he does here in America. I think the refugees and illegals actually like raping more the killing and I tell you, you had better not go after his religious brothers. Obama will go after you.

pwb on December 21, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I’m tired of European immigration policies dominating conservative blogs.

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

What’s funny is that leftists like you constantly tell us how we have to adopt this or that policy that Europeans have (such as “universal healthcare”) but then get upset when we actually look at how their policies work in the real world.

Essentially, you are arguing “we have to be more like Europe, but don’t talk about Europe’s policies or results of those policies”.

typical leftist “thinking”.

Monkeytoe on December 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM

I’m tired of European immigration policies dominating conservative blogs.

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

What you see happening there will happen here, if it hasn’t already. Be aware the media will try to hide anything that puts Islam in a bad light.

darwin on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Every man has a biological instinct to rape…it is our society that domesticates us from doing so

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

thejackal on December 21, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Jackal,

Where are you getting your info from?
Nuts cut off? Head sawed off?

Incorrect. Look at the hundreds of examples of what typically happens when a Muslim girl (unmarried) gets forcibly raped (i.e., no previous consent).
It appears to be an oft-repeated pattern in the Muslim world that:

1. It’s the GIRL who gets blamed by the rapist(s) for being a harlot

2. Sharia requires…three, I think?…WITNESSES to prove the sex was not consensual and was thus forcible rape

3. NO such “witnesses” show up and thus the girl gets charged and convicted with the crime of adultery/fornication. Typical punishment: Death by stoning.

4. Except what typically happens is that the Father conducts an honor killing of his own daughter for the shame “she brought” on his honor and pride.

5. And IF by some miracle, she happens to be allowed to live, she’s doomed to spinsterhood since she’s “damaged goods” and “unclean”. Muslim men DEMAND their brides be unsullied virgins.

Shirotayama on December 21, 2015 at 4:35 PM

typical leftist “thinking”.

Monkeytoe on December 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM

NRO has already said Scandinavian healthcare is not socialist.

They scolded Bernie Sanders for saying it was socialist.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Weed:

Buddy, you are destined either for dhimmitude or death.

Naw, wait a minute.
You’ll probably just cave and convert like a good pot-smokin’ sheep.

Shirotayama on December 21, 2015 at 4:39 PM

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Yet you have no problem with letting the undomesticated ones loose in our society.

wifarmboy on December 21, 2015 at 4:42 PM

but in their minds (and in Merkel’s statistics), it’s not “rape” … just property crimes. after all the women “belong” to someone, right?

WaldoTJ on December 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Awesome.

Did they also mention the one about putting your hand on the hot stove?

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on December 21, 2015 at 4:47 PM

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

???

The biological instinct to procreate =/= rape.

darwin on December 21, 2015 at 4:51 PM

A sentence you will never see in a woman’s magazine…

Could that hold up in court?

right2bright on December 21, 2015 at 5:02 PM

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Here… give me a phone call 303-838-2058

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Norway, don’t forget to tell them not to man-spread, man-splain and especially not to eye rape or catcall.

oryguncon on December 21, 2015 at 5:05 PM

NRO has already said Scandinavian healthcare is not socialist.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM

I’m sure that this is news to Scandinavia.

Redstone on December 21, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Walt,

I sure hope that ain’t your real phone #.
‘Coz if it is, you just opened yourself up to all sorts of potentialities.

No I’m not making a threat.
Not in any way.

Merely expressing shock and disbelief someone would do that.

Shirotayama on December 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Walt,

I sure hope that ain’t your real phone #.
‘Coz if it is, you just opened yourself up to all sorts of potentialities.

No I’m not making a threat.
Not in any way.

Merely expressing shock and disbelief someone would do that.

Shirotayama on December 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

It’s not like I don’t use my real name here. It’s not like I don’t have a public reputation as a award-winning playwright, it’s not like I’m not a reporter with a mid-sized weekly in Colorado.

Honestly, it’s not a problem. But thanks for your concern.

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 5:20 PM

I’m tired of European immigration policies dominating conservative blogs.

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

If you look at it from the point of view that it’s all Western Civilization, then what applies there will eventually apply here. I think it’s a rule that has proven to be true over and over again.

DFCtomm on December 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Walt,

Well, YEGADS.

After a quick check on the ‘net…well, OK, so you are.

Not having spent signficant time in Colorado for, oh…at least 10 years, I had no idea.

And…um…You’re welcome?

Shirotayama on December 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM

I’m tired of European immigration policies dominating conservative blogs.

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Well. If you’re talking about Norway, they don’t have a socialist government right now anyway.

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Here… give me a phone call 303-838-2058

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I called that number. I asked for you. It’s a gay bar. They said you haven’t been in all week.

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 5:43 PM

What does this actually mean? The left is having to finally begin to acknowledge reality. This is the price of defeat. We lost and now their social experiments must be carried out to the bitter ends. They’ll fail of course because reality cannot be denied. If you’re in your 40s it’s all down hill from here, baby.

DFCtomm on December 21, 2015 at 5:43 PM

DFCtomm on December 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

So it’s safe to say USA will one day have the socialistic/communistic economy of Europe someday as well? if we are to go by your point.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 5:46 PM

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

You sure you want to stick to that statement?

I’ve heard that homosexuality is biological, therefore sodomy isn’t a crime. So if forcing sex on women is a biological feature of men, then rape shouldn’t be a crime.

When do you start shouting for allowing rapists to come out of the shadows and enjoy their rights?

BobMbx on December 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 5:46 PM

We skipped over the intermediate step and went straight to the corporate fascism part. It’s important to remember that Marxism, in all it’s flavors, is a transition state. It’s always on the road to becoming something worse. That’s it’s nature.

DFCtomm on December 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

so you agree then, these third world cultures are so primitive they still live like animals.

How can they be given human rights, if they think and act like animals?

Animal rights, yes. Human rights no.

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM

How can they be given human rights, if they think and act like animals?
Animal rights, yes. Human rights no.

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Well he11, the leftists are trying to make us give actual animals human rights…..

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape raping (infidels) is wrong.

Context is everything…

CPT. Charles on December 21, 2015 at 5:59 PM

7.62 and 5.56 also contain effective instruction concerning rape.

irongrampa on December 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I don’t know about this grade-school logic, but I can tell you what lefttard logic would have to say about this. Lefttards would say that white skinned people from Western cultures will have a greater propensity to rape.

thuja on December 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Conclusion: sockpuppets are not paid by the word.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on December 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM

I heard from a reliable source that Norwegian feminists have no comment on the muslim rape epidemic.

darwin on December 21, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Now you’re the thread police too? Wow. You’re one powerful guy.

Walter L. Newton on December 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Chill out Mr/Ms Unconfirmed. Go write about the newest pot dispensary.

Nutstuyu on December 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM

We need smile control.

whatcat on December 21, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Isn’t it good, Norwegian Wood?

In Hoc Signo Vinces on December 21, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Can’t wait to hear the Libs rationalize women wearing anything but a burqua being responsible for rape by these so called “refugees”.

What happens when these millions of young Muslim men are looking for the hawt whores of the West and they start raping them or kindapping them and enslaving them like Ann Frank?

Lock up your daughters and load up America.

The DOTUS is gonna bring them over here (all fully funded by the gop in Congress without a peep).

PappyD61 on December 21, 2015 at 9:07 PM

In 15 years’ time, demographers say, indigenous Swedes will be in a minority because the men who arrive are allowed to send home for wives and children, who in turn will have their own children.
The Swedish economist Tino Sanandaji, who himself has an Iranian-Kurdish background, recently described what’s happening in Sweden as ‘quite disastrous’. He said: ‘This is an irreversible social experiment that no wealthy state has ever attempted. There are almost no ideas or visions over how this can be solved.

‘You can’t combine open borders with a welfare state. If you offer generous benefits, and anyone can come and use these benefits, a very large number of people will try to do that. It’s just mathematically impossible for a small country like Sweden to fund that.’

Even the normally reticent police have admitted that some parts of Sweden have become ‘no-go’ areas for them. As one official explained recently: ‘Police, ambulances and the fire brigade are attacked by gangsters. There are a lot of firearms, handguns especially. The kids throw stones at them, too — there are more or less riots.’
According to Professor Sanandaji, the economist mentioned earlier, nearly half of the young immigrants who arrive will struggle to pass exams at school or get a job. They are likely to live in ‘nice Swedish welfare ghettos’, rely on benefits, and — sadly — play their part in boosting crime rates. A particular problem for the authorities is coping with the thousands of unaccompanied children who are turning up. It costs £80,000 a year to house, educate and feed each under-age migrant — and so far this year, 33,000 have arrived.

Nowhere is the impact of migration more visible than in Trelleborg, Sweden’s southernmost town, a few hours by ferry across the sea from Germany. Last month, 1,900 young Eritreans, Afghans, Somalians and Iraqis claiming to be under 18 arrived after refusing to seek asylum in Germany because of lengthening waiting times for registration.

Here, and in nearby Malmo, Sweden’s third biggest city, the authorities are struggling to cope. In Trelleborg, I found a 17-year-old Afghan, Mohsen Karimi and his four friends idly hanging around the town centre with scores of foreign youngsters. They took me to a big house, where they live off the main promenade, and explained they are given handsome pocket money of £160 a month, three free meals a day, as well as the use of bicycles.

Looking over his shoulder before posing for photographs, Mohsen said he had been told by the migration authorities not to talk to the Press, before adding with a grin: ‘We want to be in Sweden because it is better than Germany. We arrived last month from there. I hope one day my family will join me, and we will be Swedish.’

Mohsen claims to be 17, but the authorities will never know for sure. The fact is that many of the so-called child migrants heading for Sweden are in fact adults, cynically pretending to be under 18 to get their asylum cases fast-tracked.

PappyD61 on December 21, 2015 at 9:15 PM

……and this.

BUT NO WORRIES……..Obama says we’re all just scared of widows and orphans. Thank you Paul Ryan for funding this fully by the way.

This trick was highlighted by journalists who visited a migrant hostel in Malmo and took a picture of an Afghan youth, Ahmad Farid, who claimed to be 16. They put a stuffed polar bear doll in his arms, producing a photograph that was clearly of an adult man clutching a child’s toy.

The photograph has since become a ‘pin up’ for groups campaigning against the refugee children ‘fraud’.
The authorities refuse to do tests to determine their age, calling them invasive and an abuse of human rights, so they have no way of knowing who is an adult and who is not. In neighbouring Denmark, where the approach is tougher, they have found that 72 per cent of ‘child refugees’ are in fact adults. In Finland and Norway, the figure is 66 per cent.

PappyD61 on December 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Many Muslim men view western women as whores, and therefore it’s okay to rape them.

grumpyank on December 21, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Sorry Norway, Germany and all other EU countries but it’s too late to try and protect the women. You’ve already let in the wolves and having them read a manual in a training center is not going to stop what is ingrained in their culture. You own it.

Kissmygrits on December 21, 2015 at 11:21 PM

The world on the Left ditched basic logic of any grade level many decades ago.

We need smile control.

whatcat on December 21, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Actually, that’s what the Scandinavians did: caution women not to provoke rape (so much for feminists and the victim-blaming they finally chased out of the courts).

grumpyank on December 21, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Which is a step down from viewing all non-Muslim women as fair game.

Which was a step down from how they view Muslim women.

…It’s not the boys who raped her who get their nuts and/or heads cut off. That would be the case in Sicily, maybe. But not in a Muslim nation, where it’s the female VICTIM who loses their life…or their future.

Shirotayama on December 21, 2015 at 4:35 PM

AesopFan on December 22, 2015 at 2:31 AM

I’m tired of European immigration policies dominating conservative blogs.

It’s their country, their rules.

weedisgood on December 21, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Monkeytoe on December 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Applies to more than just immigration policy and healthcare.
The Left wants credit for good intentions regardless of how fast the people on their road get to Hell.

AesopFan on December 22, 2015 at 2:33 AM

……and this.

PappyD61 on December 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Same with our flood of South American “children” — it’s amazing what the authorities can’t find when they don’t bother to look for it.

AesopFan on December 22, 2015 at 2:34 AM

dentarthurdent on December 21, 2015 at 3:42 PM

I know what you’re saying-I wouldn’t either.

It’s safe in the tourist area’s..they make sure of it..as they rely on tourism.

bazil9 on December 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM

It was safe in other nations’ tourist areas also, until ISIS figured out the vacationers were literally sitting ducks.
They got a double-whammy out of those attacks: kill kaffirs and destroy a nation’s economy with one blow.

AesopFan on December 22, 2015 at 2:36 AM

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

HugoDrax on December 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM

In fairness to the multi-cultis of the 80s, they were looking at fairly benign differences of the National Geographic variety, and mostly pushing for acceptance of Mexican illegals, or contributions to raise standards of living in the third-world — the idea that thugs from the Middle East would attack Americans at home was not even on the horizon for anyone on either end of the ideological axis.

But, as the Bible and other sources teach us, you cannot look upon sin, or idiocy, with the least degree of allowance.

AesopFan on December 22, 2015 at 2:40 AM

ALL MUSLIMS ARE EVIL AND SHOULD BE DEPORTED IMMEDIATELY!!! THEY ARE EVIL AND CANNOT BE REFORMED, EVER!!!

OBAMA IS A MUSLIM AND WE ALL KNOW IT!!!

SansJeux on December 22, 2015 at 5:42 AM

It’s a lesson. When you invite human swine in don’t be surprised when they bring their sty with them.

phadras on December 22, 2015 at 8:25 AM

AP never leaves his gated community — the scary Africans with their scary new culture!

redandexpert on December 22, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Just a small part of what is wrong with these “immigrants”

Muslims don’t integrate or assimilate. Certainly not immediately and not within “no go” zones.

DimsdalePiranha on December 22, 2015 at 10:27 AM

nonpartisan on December 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Kindly speak for yourself.

bmmg39 on December 22, 2015 at 1:15 PM

Disease-ridden, rapists and murderers with no productive skills and no knowledge of or respect for our laws…what’s not to like???

/obama>

landlines on December 22, 2015 at 10:36 PM

A firing squad would solve the problem.

mixplix on December 23, 2015 at 5:40 AM

Relative to the continuing risk and expense, it would cheap to put them on military transports back to their port of exit. Sooner the better.

It’s not our problem that their society is falling apart.

People need to demand the enforcement of the law, and remove officials who are unwilling or unable to do that.

The media would not like it but the voters would.

virgo on December 24, 2015 at 4:52 PM