Politinerds: Andrew Kaczynski of Buzzfeed

posted at 10:01 am on November 13, 2015 by Jazz Shaw

PolitinerdsHotAir

This week on Politinerds we invited Buzzfeed editor Andrew Kaczynski into our den to cover the top five reasons that media hype sites will eventually take over the world. Andrew is still in his mid-twenties and has risen to a position of being recognized in multiple mainstream outlets as one of the “people to watch” in both social media and political news coverage. (A fact which Doug and I pointed out as a reason to tell him to go do something anatomically impossible.)

We go over Andrew’s earlier roots, how he got into the business of researching political videos and posting them, as well as how he landed at Buzzfeed. We also dig into his thoughts on the generational differences between us old folk and the young turks when it comes to dealing with the American political landscape. His thoughts on the various ideological labels are not to be missed either. It wasn’t the most cordial interview in the Politinerds library, but it was a fun one none the less.

Remember, the show is now available on iTunes so you can catch up with us as soon as new episodes air. And for you non-iTunes users, there’s still the archive of all our previous shows.

Comments

…where’s my funny bone?

JugEarsButtHurt on November 13, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Lefties dominate and saturate the media somethingto the tune of 95% and just to be fair Hot Gas gives them more.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on November 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Out of curiosity, did you discuss what item you should put up your butt based on your zodiac symbol?

I wish I was kidding…http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinchack/what-object-should-you-stick-up-ya-butt-based-on-your-zodi#.mqEzAr5d8

Sorry, I really hate Buzzfeed.

badpenguin on November 13, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I weep for this country that this rude, ignoramus is “one to watch.”
Seriously he is willfully ignorant on many things — and if you try enlighten him, gentle, he will block you on twitter. I tried to explain to him an SEC filimg rule he got wrong and he simply blocked me, no correction to his story, no defense, just willful, proud ignorance.
#hack

Dark Star on November 13, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Buzzfeed Politics?

Next week will you interview Snooki from The Jersey Shore for her keen insights?

Will the interview include the 15 cutest cat snark faces I’ve ever seen?

Skipity on November 13, 2015 at 11:45 AM

buzzfeed is for the braindead.

HumpBot Salvation on November 13, 2015 at 12:22 PM

I weep for this country that this rude, ignoramus is “one to watch.”
#hack

Dark Star on November 13, 2015 at 11:13 AM

All the little special snowflakes on twitter are like that. They can’t stand to hear differing viewpoints much less having actual facts disrupt their narrative.

HumpBot Salvation on November 13, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Please. Don’t.

This guy is a moral moron. He should be mocked without mercy, not feted on your show.

Jazz, are you in the battle to win the war or just to rub yourself and feel good.

chuckh on November 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Buzzfeed is the outlet that found childhood support for ben carson’s stories when right wing media was doing nothing but crying.

everdiso on November 13, 2015 at 1:02 PM