Ann Romney: People keep asking Mitt to jump into the race and “we are assessing”

posted at 3:21 pm on September 30, 2015 by Allahpundit

I know some of you guys worry that I’ll be trolling you with “Romney 2016?” posts right up until the hour the polls open next November, but I promise you this:

You’re right. I will be.

Skip to 9:30 below for a choice snippet from Ann’s interview with Brian Kilmeade this morning. The magic is back:

“All I can say is, we are in New York City, Mitt’s been with me a lot today, over the last few days and we have been walking the streets and people are screaming out there windows, I mean people on the street, people stop us on the street, everyone is saying ‘come, get in, jump in’, we hear it, we get a lot of phone calls, people are calling all the time, from our past donors saying ‘it’s time to think about it again’. We are assessing, it’s not like we are making a different decision, we are on the sidelines, we made a decision in January not to jump in. Like everyone, we are mystified by this race and entertained at the same time but there’s a lot of ups and downs in a primary and we went through this too by the way in our race, a lot of ups and downs. It’s a long way from being over.”

“Mitt and I are not even ready to talk about it,” she insists. I don’t know about that — Mitt did a little talking at this morning’s “ideas forum” sponsored by The Atlantic:

Here’s a fun thought experiment for this, my thousandth “will Romney run?” post on Hot Air. What sort of deadline is he looking at realistically for getting in, and what would have to happen before then for Romney to seriously consider it? I think, if he’s going to do it, he’d have to make his move by the end of October. If he waits any longer than that, he risks his campaign getting lost in the holiday shuffle as voters’ minds turn to Thanksgiving and Christmas. He’d want to be at the debate on October 28th to take advantage of the huge Trumpian spotlight to reintroduce himself to voters. Meanwhile, the two most important preconditions to a Romney run have already materialized — Jeb Bush has grossly underperformed expectations and the GOP establishment increasingly seems in danger of having the nomination stolen away by a populist, be it Trump or Ted Cruz. The donor class needs a deus ex machina. Enter Mitt.

The question is, why on earth would they prefer Mitt Romney to be that hero instead of Marco Rubio with lots of Romney’s donor network behind him? Rubio’s implosion is the sole remaining precondition to Romney taking the idea of a run seriously, I think. Walker’s gone, Bush and Christie are struggling, and Kasich is unacceptable to parts of the base, but Rubio’s had two good debates, has kept his early campaign spending low, and is creeping into the top three or four of many polls. Apart from name recognition, which will change in time, there’s no reason to want Romney diving in and scrambling the race instead of sticking with Rubio for awhile and seeing how he fares. (Don’t say “immigration” either. If you think Romney 2016 would take the same hardline position as Romney 2012 on “self-deportation,” you’re kidding yourself. That’s the first perceived “electability” mistake that Romney would seek to correct if he ran this time.) Basically, unless Rubio collapses due to scandal over the next four weeks or so, I expect Mitt will sit quietly and wait for one or two of the other centrists in the race to fade before formally endorsing Rubio himself. I think that’s what he and Ann are “assessing” — whom to back and when — more so than any third run for the presidency.

But don’t hold me to that when I troll you about this again next week.

Comments

Hang in there Newt…!!!

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2015 at 6:03 PM

; )

Bmore on September 30, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Dear Mr. Romney,

Please go away.

Sincerely,

Conservative American Voters

Mr. Bultitude on September 30, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Edit: ALL American Voters

As far as Romney, NO ONE liked the syrupy holier-than-thou inanely grinning stiff.

“The election is not about likability” the Romney supporters would say. They could say that again, lol. Problem is for the self-described “progressive” is that Romney tried to appeal to the left by being “decent” and not going after Obama with gusto and being ambiguous on key conservative issues like gay rights and immigration and climate change.

People knew that Romney was taking both sides of or skirting almost every issue and so Romney simply could not be trusted by anybody on anything. Romney was despised for his used car salesman slipperiness on issues and his stiff self-righteousness “piety.”

Now Romney wants to be the “smarter than everyone else” wise elder statesman for the Republican party, being the Northeasterner that meddles where he doesn’t belong in telling SC to remove their flag or pushing the GOP to pass amnesty or berating AZ about their immigration laws. What an inane caricature of a Rockefeller Republican DIABLO (Democrat in All But Name Only). What a Bozo. Get lost Romney!

anotherJoe on September 30, 2015 at 6:07 PM

How much does Ann Romney shirt cost…?

Seven Percent Solution on September 30, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Hell No.

Theophile on September 30, 2015 at 6:11 PM

My previous comment:

Here’s a 2 minute video that sums up the steaming scat that Romney has been serving up to conservatives, and to everyone really:

An excerpt:

On Fox, Bret Baier says to Romney:

“You have been on both sides of ‘some’ issues. There’s video of you going back years talking about different issues, CLIMATE CHANGE, ABORTION, IMMIGRATION, GAY RIGHTS. How can voters trust what they hear from you today?”

Answer: they can’t.

Romney responds to Bret’s question with bsaying that Bret by wrong, but then on every issue noted we see on the video Romney explicitly taking the opposite view of what he professed was then in 2012 his view.

As an added bonus, this year Romney did a total flip left on climate change: Mitt Romney Does The Rare Triple Flip-Flop: Global Warming Is “Real And A Major Problem”: http://weaselzippers.us/211685-mitt-romney-does-the-rare-triple-flip-flop-global-warming-is-real-and-a-major-problem/

Predictably, Romney now is in complete agreement with Kerry and Obama on climate change.

anotherJoe on September 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Hell yeah!

Jump in the race.

Split up that GOPe vote even more and pave the way for President Trump.

As Obama once said to you when you were being set up in Debate Number 2:

“Proceed.”

Skipity on September 30, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I think i’m gonna write him a letter urging him to run. I did donate $500 to his campaign last time around . . .

Skipity on September 30, 2015 at 6:15 PM

God I hope so…Mittens would simply split the GOPe vote and money up even more than it is now. If you want to help Trump/Cruz/Carson win this is the best scenario you can imagine. In normal circumstances it is the anti-establishment side that splits their votes up which is what we witnessed in 2012. This time the establishment candidates are the ones weakening each other (like Rubio and Bush fighting over Florida). Adding Romney will just make that even worse…also giving Trump another big GOPe stiff to smack around daily on twitter.

William Eaton on September 30, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Skipity on September 30, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Beat me to it…great minds think alike.

Romney running would about end the GOPe chances winning, unless of course they got Bush or Rubio to drop out, and what are the chances of that?

William Eaton on September 30, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I’m serious. I DO want him in the Race. I still see Bush or Rubio squeaking this thing out.

Help me Obi Romey Kanobi you’re my only hope!

Skipity on September 30, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Why, Romney, why?
Do you need the limelight?
Are you lonely?
Are you cutting a deal with someone to fall asleep after the 1st debate, again?
Please don’t do this.
Us conservatives left standing are not going to vote for you.

Belle on September 30, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Damnit, AP! You’ve compelled me to admit that I am for that precondition, at least!

kunegetikos on September 30, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Lets emulate the French for a moment and say – Non!

Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Rubio and, now, Romney. Its panic time for elites of both parties. RINO Losers, all.

Don’t be surprised if King Obama suspends the 2016 election.

[email protected] on September 30, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Guys, you’re all being too harsh on Romney.

We should hear him out, tell pollsters we want to hear what he has to say this 3rd time around and let him declare he’s back in the race.

Then we might even have a chance to get Cruz!

(I can dream, can’t I?)

Skipity on September 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Substitute Christie for the dupe Rubio.

[email protected] on September 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM

The main concern I have with Romney running is that he will hurt the conservative candidates in the Western states caucuses. The Mormons. Otherwise, who cares.

KMav on September 30, 2015 at 6:26 PM

I want him in the race too. But I’m going to remain critical of him because I know he’s too much of a self-righteous lazy do-nothing to enter the race, lol.
Some links:

Romney calling himself a severe conservaitve:

The double talking etch-a-sketch Romney calling himself “a progressive”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0zQRUCDlM

To fool GOP voters, Romney in 2012 saying he’s against amnesty and saying the illegals should self-deport:

Last year, Romney saying Republican need to pass amnesty: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/11/26/mitt-romney-republicans-should-swallow-hard-pass-permanent-amnesty-bill/

Romney in 2012 saying he thinks the leftists are loons on climate change:

This year… Romney saying he is a total believer in the catastrophic threat of climate change, and saying that Obama … is not doing enough … on climate change: http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/22/romney-climate-change-is-real-man-is-contributing-to-it-and-its-time-to-do-something-about-it/

An unMITTigated joke.

anotherJoe on September 30, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Run, Romney, Run…….Run for the hills. You had your shot and you blew it when you eased up on the accelerator at the third debate. Enjoy your life and support the eventual nominee!

rjoco1 on September 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Mitt-erand

oui oui, all the way home

Senator Philip Bluster on September 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

He had to do polling and found that he would lose again or he would of entered the race already. He is the reason we have Obama now and the American people will never forget that very large FACT.

cable5151 on September 30, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Mitt is a very nice man, and good business man, but please don’t run in 2016.

leader4hru on September 30, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Fact is it will be a real fight now, it being he is pure RINO, and the RINO’s do fight conservatives as they fight no other, pure down and dirty back alley brass knuckle trip wire slug fest.

Once he gets to a run off with a Democrat he will quit the field and hand the keys to a commie democrat.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on September 30, 2015 at 6:44 PM

3 times is not a charm.

pc253 on September 30, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Mitt, don’t screw us over one more time just for your ego. You cannot win a general election. Let Trump/Cruz/Rubio fight it out. Your day is over.

Ellen85219 on September 30, 2015 at 6:52 PM

I hear Dead People!

Brock Robamney on September 30, 2015 at 6:58 PM

You could tell in January that Romney was fully gearing up to run.

But then Romney took a little bit of heat on the internet for a few days and Romney … chickened out, he was the cowardly lion that meowed. And in January Romney was leading the GOP field in all the polls. But the lily-livered Romney still was the skittish scared-e-cat, lol!

Now Romney could easily sweep the rest of the feeble field aside and become the dominant anti-Trump.

But we know he’s like the Scare Crow from The Wizard of Oz and he’s chicken-hearted and diffident and stiff and the only reason he ran before was because he’s a true dilettante that could bankroll his own campaign. But compared to Trump the man is a pauper!!

anotherJoe on September 30, 2015 at 7:03 PM

anotherJoe on September 30, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Romney is sitting backing watching the clown car of R candidates crash and burn. When this debate idiocy is over- the majority of voters will be begging for Hillary. begging for the witch.
When these clowns get done tearing each other up – America will have ZERO favorability in any of them…except the die hards pining for the court jester trump to come and save them from Obamunism….while he tends to his real estate empire…….Its laughable to see the Mitt Hate and then look at this group of complete moronic R prezzie wannabes spouting off their same ol rhetoric pretending they have a snowballs chance in he!! of electability.
Stop deluding yourself –there ALL losers.
Hows that Congressional Majority workin out for ya??

FlaMurph on September 30, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Just don’t talk about the warTrump!

vlad martel on September 30, 2015 at 7:17 PM

OK…..Test time :
Who said the following quotes:
TRUMP or ROMNEY ???
you will be graded…..
.1) “I probably identify more as Democrat.”

2) “I’ve been around for a long time. And it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans.”

3) “Nancy — you’re the best. Congrats. [signature]”
—Handwritten note to Speaker Nancy Pelosi

4) “Bush is probably the worst president in the history of the United States.”

5) “I’m totally pro-choice.”

6) “I want to see the abortion issue removed from politics. I believe it is a personal decision that should be left to the women and their doctors.”

7) “I’m very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care.”

8) “The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans… We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan.”

9) “By imposing a one-time 14.25 percent net-worth tax on the richest individuals and trusts, we can put America on sound financial footing for the next century.”

10) “I think he [Obama] has a chance to go down as a great president.”

Stumped? I’ll give you a hint. This person has donated over $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation, and Hillary Clinton sat in the FRONT ROW of this person’s most recent wedding.
Vote now……

FlaMurph on September 30, 2015 at 7:27 PM

The last hope of the STOP CRUZ movement of the gop ruling class.

PappyD61 on September 30, 2015 at 7:35 PM

This is all you need to know about RINOs. They would be happy to sacrifice the presidential election just to keep conservatives’ hands off the levers of the party.

K. Hobbit on September 30, 2015 at 7:36 PM

I actually hope that Rombot 3.0 jumps in. It will finish Jeb and Dondi and Kasich and Crispy Creme and Carlita, and will take not a single vote from Trump, Cruz and the Doc.

james23 on September 30, 2015 at 7:50 PM

You’re in New York City. They’re trolling you, you boob!

somewhatconcerned on September 30, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Not so much Deus Ex as a spare to the heir, IMO.

Christien on September 30, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Like him, or hate him, there probably isn’t any GOP candidate who can beat him.

Tater Salad on September 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Is there any connection between this timing and the 30 day deadline Jeb’s donors supposedly gave Jeb to get his numbers up?

As Jeb’s campaign implodes, the moderates will be looking for an alternative candidate, and Rubio is not ready for the big job.

wren on September 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM

You’re right. I will be.

And I will mention ORCA every time.

Mitt Romney: political super-genius!

David Blue on September 30, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Not surprised at all.

I fell off the 2012 “Mittens Saved the Olympics” bandwagon early on when during early debates he said very little. Preferring, instead, to let the competition bloody themselves, while he picked up a few % points here and there.

I likened it to the WWE Battle Royale, where a competitor rolls out of the ring while the other contestants exhaust their energy (read: campaign funds), then rolls back in when it’s mano-y-mano.

Perhaps a fine strategy, but not a sign of leadership that I was looking to support.

“Deja vu, all over again.”

socalcon on September 30, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Like him, or hate him, there probably isn’t any GOP candidate who can beat him.

Tater Salad on September 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Wow.

Scotty J on September 30, 2015 at 8:19 PM

And I will mention ORCA every time.

Mitt Romney: political super-genius!

David Blue on September 30, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Wasted money on tech ‘geniuses’ and failed to get out the vote.

Really surprised that Rove hasn’t knifed Mittens for making him look such a fool on Election Night. (Not that Karl needed a push, or anything)

socalcon on September 30, 2015 at 8:19 PM

I can see Trump/Carson/Fiorina all for Romney’s return… the establishment monies for the DC Insiders would dry up pronto!

socalcon on September 30, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Like him, or hate him, there probably isn’t any GOP candidate who can beat him.

Tater Salad Tot on September 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM

…your spud…still doesn’t have a sprout!

JugEarsButtHurt on September 30, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Trump will destroy Romney in the debates

faraway on September 30, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Trump will destroy Romney in the debates

faraway on September 30, 2015 at 8:54 PM

That would be the first person he would beat in debate.

Tater Salad on September 30, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Candy Crowley beat Romney in his last debate. He’s a lightweight.

faraway on September 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Like him, or hate him, there probably isn’t any GOP candidate who can beat him.

Tater Salad on September 30, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Lolz!!! I know a Dem that kicked his ass though. You’re funny!

Bmore on September 30, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Romneybot 3.0 vs Hillarybot 2.0

Sounds like a fitting way to end the republic.

lorien1973 on September 30, 2015 at 9:24 PM

OK…..Test time :
Who said the following quotes:
TRUMP or ROMNEY ???
you will be graded…..

FlaMurph on September 30, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Lets continue:

11) “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, it should be sustained and supported. And I sustain and support that law and support the right of a woman to make that choice.”

12) “I will preserve and protect a woman’s right to choose and am devoted and dedicated to honoring my word in that regard.”

13) “I think the global warming debate is now pretty much over and people recognize the need associated with providing sources which do not generate the heat currently provided by fossil fuels.”

14) “If the choice is between dirty power plants or protecting the health of the people . . . I will always come down on the side of public health.”

15) “I’m concerned about the preservation of our natural resources. I will file legislation to protect our oceans from off shore drilling and commercial development. The oceans should not be up for grabs like some Wild West land rush.”

16) “We must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern.”

17) “We are the first state to enact a cap on CO2, implementing regulations that, by 2008, will reduce these emissions by 10%, removing 6,750 tons of Co2 per day.”

18) “I believe that our joint work to create a flexible market-based regional cap and trade system could serve as an effective approach to meeting these goals.”

19) “Once upon a time, I said I wanted to eliminate the Department of Education … I see that the Department of Education can actually make a difference. So I supported No Child Left Behind. I still do.”

20) “The Flat tax is unfair to the middle class.”

21) “Public companies and federal agencies should be required in their annual report the number of women & minorities by income category, so we can identify where the glass ceiling is, and we can break through it.”

22) “We have discussed a number of important issues such as the Federal Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which I have agreed to co-sponsor, and if possible broaden to housing and credit.”

23) I want to take that $716 billion you’ve cut and put it back into Medicare.

24) People who have looked at this in the past have been played like a fiddle by the Chinese. And the Chinese are smiling all the way to the bank,

25) “It is outrageous that some senior citizens are forced to choose between paying for their prescription drugs and their groceries. The federal government needs to step in with a plan for our senior citizens, and I will lobby officials on the federal level to provide a Medicare drug benefit.”

Hint for those who still don’t know: It is the guy FlaMurph backed for president in 2012.

Mitt Romney.

NWConservative on September 30, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Hey Ann, I held my nose and voted for your husband in 2012. Never again.

RblDiver on September 30, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Honestly, Mitt: GTFO.

I favored you in 2008.
I accepted you in 2012.
I reject you in 2016.
Me, and just about every conservative in the United States. Us, plus the ‘47%’ = LOSER.

orangemtl on September 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Romney would have a better chance than Trump’s ZERO chance in 2016.

He’s not getting in though. This is just being generated by the internets for clicks.

Moesart on September 30, 2015 at 11:44 PM

The reason to have Romney in is to rescue the donors that Bush is losing. So Bush has to drop first. They aren’t necessarily thinking he can win the election. The base would be concerned he would throw the contest again. He’s a nice guy, but not what we need.

virgo on October 1, 2015 at 12:23 AM

The latest:

Romney goes McCain style way left again:

Mitt Romney: ‘We’ve Gotta Rethink Campaign Finance’

“We’ve really got a mess in the financial system with regard to campaigns right now,” the 2012 nominee said Wednesday in an interview at The Atlantic’s Washington Ideas Forum.

“We’ve gotta rethink campaign finance,” Romney added.

On the Democratic side, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has made campaign finance reform one of the central planks of his presidential campaign…
~
What a bunch of bs from the leftist Romney totally in agreement with the Socialist in the race.

anotherJoe on October 1, 2015 at 12:24 AM

People keep asking Mitt to jump into the race and “we are assessing”

Is that a typo? The last four letters seem superfluous.

LegendHasIt on October 1, 2015 at 12:47 AM

anotherJoe on October 1, 2015 at 12:24 AM

And to think you were whining three years ago because Mitt unfairly just mowed down the field because of his fundraising advantage over the group of misfits pretending to be candidates.
So are you saying you’re ok with campaign financing and people like Soros now?
They call that either flip- flop or etch-a-sketch. Not really sure which.

FlaMurph on October 1, 2015 at 1:09 AM

Nortelcrank on September 30, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Darn. I knew I shoulda read the comments before posting. Sorry, didn’t mean to copy.

LegendHasIt on October 1, 2015 at 1:13 AM

Romney would be once, twice, three times a la–loser.

Sherman1864 on October 1, 2015 at 1:23 AM

FlaMurph on October 1, 2015 at 1:09 AM

I’m saying the leftists control the MSM, and through paid media is the only chance conservatives have to try to even things up.

Sure leftists of course also spend money, but it’s even, actually on balance the paid media works out in our favor. When finance is “reformed” then the MSM and the leftists will control elections. No wonder the leftists and Romney have gone against Republicans in joining Bernie Sanders in calling for campaign finance reform and public financing of election. Horrendous, but expected from Romney.

And here’s something of note:

Campaign Finance Reform Activist Lessig Announces 2016 Bid

Campaign finance reform advocate and Harvard Law School professor Larry Lessig announced a bid for the White House on Wednesday as he pushes for sweeping changes to the way campaigns are funded in America…
~
I saw the radical leftist nutcase Larry Lessig on MS-NBC. Lessig say that with finance reform the “the entire political system will change, allowing ‘the people’ to enact things like serious climate change legislation and gun control.”

Please, we don’t need people like Romney joining Lessig’s and Sander’s leftist crusade.

anotherJoe on October 1, 2015 at 1:23 AM

K. Hobbit on September 30, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Exactly!

Sherman1864 on October 1, 2015 at 1:25 AM

They call that either flip- flop or etch-a-sketch. Not really sure which.

FlaMurph on October 1, 2015 at 1:09 AM

They call you a fool.

Schadenfreude on October 1, 2015 at 1:47 AM

Romney: Trump won’t be GOP nominee

Does the lily-fingered “political genius” have even a clue?

Romney is an idiot plain and simple.

anotherJoe on October 1, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Romney: Trump won’t be GOP nominee

Does the lily-fingered “political genius” have even a clue?

Romney is an idiot plain and simple.

anotherJoe on October 1, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Romney doesn’t have the IT factor for politics. That is why he needed to have so much money in 2012, it was to flood the airwaves and destroy any competitor who dared compete with him, aka, manage to get above 18 to 20% in the polling. The most strident anti-Trump trolls are former Mitt Romney cultists, mad that Donald Trump is doing 10% better than he did without spending his opponents into oblivion.

Guys like moesart and basilbeast are fine with liberal candidates, just THEIR liberal candidates.

NWConservative on October 1, 2015 at 2:42 AM

Usually they confine people who hear voices to padded rooms with straightjackets. Especially ones who forget what an awful candidate he was…

Brock Robamney on October 1, 2015 at 5:16 AM

You’re right. I will be.

Not worried in the slightest. But you will be mocked. Oh yes, you will be mocked…

Brock Robamney on October 1, 2015 at 5:20 AM

OK, I didn’t vote for Mr. Socialized Health Care last time. Explain to me why I would change my mind this time? Sure the Republicans could nominate this Democrat lite guy again, but then they would lose again. Earning their nickname “The Party of Stupid”.

Over50 on October 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Who are these Democrats that are asking him to run?

GOPe

PatHenry on October 1, 2015 at 9:31 AM

They call you a fool.

Schadenfreude on October 1, 2015 at 1:47 AM

Not foolish enough though to fall for this trump crap – or any of these other rubes pretending to be candidates. What a pathetic lot and while Jeb has got to go away- don’t tell me trump is some kind of answer. They both need to away.
you crapped a over Romney- which is fine – and yet you’re gonna tell me trump- who now wants National Healthcare?? (WTH??) I hear, is gonna make America great again???
We already have a egomaniacal, self-centered, narcissistic blow hard in the oval offie…..and I’m a fool for not wanting a repeat of that?
been there – done that.
NEXT !……

FlaMurph on October 1, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Trump does not want national health care.

Stop posting that lie.

JannyMae on October 1, 2015 at 10:55 AM

We already have a (sic) egomaniacal, self-centered, narcissistic blow hard in the oval offie (sic)

SSDD.

How many more times are you going to post this?

JannyMae on October 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM

How many more times are you going to post this?

JannyMae on October 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM

maybe..my 2nd time….you must have me confused

Trump does not want national health care.

Stop posting that lie.

Sure sounded like that on 60 minutes…he said the “Government will pay for it” when asked about the uninsured…his words-not mine…..
but that wasn’t the worst… trump says “he’s gonna take care of everybody”..oh yeah sure…like the 10 million deportees hes gonna send back…..
He’s so full of Shiite – he is quickly approaching the level of the Obamunist
How can you people not see through this charade?

FlaMurph on October 1, 2015 at 11:45 AM

All roads lead to Rubio.

[cue the raging of the Trumpkins]

Herod on October 1, 2015 at 11:51 AM

People? You mean the same top 1% super PAC-ers that had the Bush machine knee cap Romney right before Jeb tossed his hat in the ring?

Those people?

locomotivebreath1901 on October 1, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Wasted money on tech ‘geniuses’ and failed to get out the vote.

socalcon on September 30, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Mitt Romney was untrustworthy, often irrelevant, and broadly disappointing. However, he was supposedly entitled to support because he was an organizing super-genius.

Then on election night it turned out he had organized nothing except big salaries for non-performing experts. The get-out-the-vote effort was a fiasco.

Mitt Romney should never be allowed to live that down. Not one day.

He had one job: to maximize his actual vote. One job!

David Blue on October 1, 2015 at 1:59 PM

It’s silly stuff like this that drives people to the waiting arms of Trump.

GOPe idiots.

By the way, where is everybody else’s tax plan?

KirknBurker on October 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM

You know, given the candidates in play, I actually think Romney would be one of our best choices. If Romney runs, it’s lights out for Jeb!, which to my mind is a HUGE plus. And the left already threw everything they had at Romney, so what [email protected] can they fling this time around? A dog on the car retread? And Romney has been shown to be correct about so many things, including Russia, which is a great point on which to run against Reset-Button Hillary. And I think Romney is a good, moral man. And my favorite candidate, Ted Cruz, is just not getting any traction. All in all, I’d be okay with Romney. Not that I expect many here at HA to agree with me…

idalily on October 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM

All roads lead to Rubio.

[cue the raging of the Trumpkins]

Herod on October 1, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Our 3/4 Term Senator- who somehow feels he’s ready for the prezzie job at his young tender age- is predicted he WILL LOSE any attempt to keep his Senate seat. One and done.
He knows this, and this is all that’s left for him- which is position for a Veep job.
It ain’t Rubio either.

FlaMurph on October 1, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Noooooooooooooo, (take a deep breath) Noooooooooooo!!

archer52 on October 1, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Oh, come on, Ann.Who is begging Mitt to run? Names, please.The people crying for Mitt to run are as fictional as the disenfranchised voters in the last election.

ncjetsfan on October 1, 2015 at 11:05 PM

He would need to jump in STRONG….LOUD…DOMINEERING…Capitalize on his predictions about Russia. Convince the American people all is not lost…We can still fix things….HE can fix things…HE can bring us all together. And choose Scott Walker as his running mate.

If he did this…it’s a win-win.

I mean, COME ON! Trump and Rubio are leading?? Romney/Walker could do it if they REALLY commit and take over the conversation. Whoever could win would have to be willing to boss around the media and take control of the narrative. Not this stuff going on now.

MomofFour on October 2, 2015 at 1:37 AM