Uh oh: Officials discover work-related e-mails between Hillary and David Petraeus that she never turned over

posted at 4:01 pm on September 25, 2015 by Allahpundit

You may recall that she certified, on pain of perjury, that she had handed over copies of all of her work-related e-mails to the State Department. If you believe the AP, that statement is now known to be false.

Note that there are not one but two lies exposed here, the claim that she turned everything over and the claim that she didn’t start using her private server until March 2009. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think she really might be done as a viable candidate.

The Obama administration has discovered a chain of emails that Hillary Rodham Clinton failed to turn over when she provided what she said was the full record of work-related correspondence as secretary of state, officials said Friday, adding to the growing questions related to the Democratic presidential front-runner’s unusual usage of a private email account and server while in government…

The State Department’s record of Clinton emails begins on March 18, 2009 — almost two months after she entered office. Before then, Clinton has said she used an old AT&T Blackberry email account, the contents of which she no longer can access.

The Petraeus emails, first discovered by the Defense Department and then passed to the State Department’s inspector general, challenge that claim. They start on Jan. 10, 2009, with Clinton using the older email account. But by Jan. 28 — a week after her swearing in — she switched to using the private email address on a homebrew server that she would rely on for the rest of her tenure. There are less than 10 emails back and forth in total, officials said, and the chain ends on Feb. 1.

The e-mails supposedly touch on personnel, not on highly classified material, but that doesn’t explain why she didn’t produce them. It goes without saying that she won’t be prosecuted for perjuring herself (“those first e-mails with Petraeus simply slipped my mind, I swear!”) but I don’t think you need a prosecution anymore to convince Democrats that the stink of corruption all around her is too much of a headache to tolerate in a nominee, especially with Biden gearing up now. How do these numbers from yesterday’s Quinnipiac poll grab you?

q1

She’s nearly 20 points underwater among women. On other measurements of presidential fitness, like experience and caring about people’s problems, she performs respectably or even well, but thanks to her catastrophic figures on honesty, her overall favorable rating is a lousy 41/55, including 38/57 among independents. (Among women, whom she’ll need to win big against Republicans, she’s at just 49/47.) And the lying continues even this afternoon. Here’s what her campaign spokesman tweeted at the AP after their new story broke:

Not true, according to the AP. There are e-mails between her and Petraeus on the server dating to January of that year. How come her spokesman didn’t know that? And how exactly did State get hold of these new e-mails, anyway? Did Petraeus turn over his copies of the exchange? Or was it — ta da — the FBI’s data retrieval team, which has reportedly salvaged “deleted” messages from Hillary’s server, that produced them? She’d better hope they’re not responsible or else she’s got an even bigger problem: What else have they found, or are about to find, on that supposedly wiped server?

Speaking of overlooked e-mails, turns out the State Department has a little failure-to-produce problem of its own:

“Following our second review of former Secretary Clinton’s emails… the Department is producing a small number of emails relating to Benghazi,” the official said. The official could not say precisely how many Benghazi-related Clinton emails the State Department missed in its original review, but characterized it as a “handful.”…

The State Department informed the House Select Committee on Benghazi on Friday that it would deliver to them approximately 925 new Hillary Clinton emails relating to Benghazi and Libya, among them a small number of Benghazi-related emails that it had missed.

What spurred State to undertake that second review? And how exactly were more than 900 e-mails involving the Secretary of State and touching on Libya and Benghazi, the biggest counterterror disaster of her tenure, somehow overlooked?

In completely unrelated news today, “Draft Biden” staffers are adding more staffers in key primary states.

Comments

oRaNgE

22044 on September 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Just drag it out of the recycle bin: Old news, doesn’t matter, Don’t touch my Huma, and the IT Guy did it!

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM

oRaNgE

22044 on September 25, 2015 at 4:03 PM

I suppose hope springs eternal.

DFCtomm on September 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM

OT: Mitch McConnell is in the crosshairs now!

This will be a day long remembered. We’ve seen the end of Boehner, and we will soon see the end of McConnell.

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Trickle down emails designed to make the whole thing eventually go away as the public gets bored.

bgibbs1000 on September 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Hilary crates and the best the Democrats have is Uncle Joe?

DFCtomm on September 25, 2015 at 4:05 PM

LOL, that’s like giving Al Gore credit for inventing the internet.

antipc on September 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I could live a thousand years and that photo will never get old.

turfmann on September 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Hope Hillary likes beans and hot baloney after a hard day of pressing license plates . . .

tpitman on September 25, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Friday night news dump
Lsm is in 24/7 pope watch

Good job Hillary

cmsinaz on September 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM

She gets up and pours herself a strong one
And stares out at the stars up in the sky
Another night, it’s gonna be a long one
She draws the shade and hangs her head to cry
She wonders how it ever got this crazy
She thinks about a boy she knew in school
Did she get tired or did she just get lazy?
She’s so far gone she feels just like a fool
My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things
You set it up so well, so carefully
Ain’t it funny how your new life didn’t change things
You’re still the same old girl you used to be
You can’t hide your lyin eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you’d realize
There ain’t no way to hide your lyin’ eyes
There ain’t no way to hide your lyin’ eyes
Honey, you can’t hide your lyin’ eyes

Red Cloud on September 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM

2nd that turfmann

cmsinaz on September 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip……………

SC.Charlie on September 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hilary craters and the best the Democrats have is Uncle Joe?

DFCtomm on September 25, 2015 at 4:05 PM

HEY!!!!!!!
That’s Creepy Uncle Joe to you, mister!

;->

PolAgnostic on September 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Why in the hell should “I didn’t remember” be a defense? Scooter Libby was raked over the coals, wrongly, because his memory differed from a reporters. If it’s good enough for Libby, it’s good enough for Her Majesty of Liarsville.

Severian on September 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM

I could live a thousand years and that photo will never get old.

turfmann on September 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I use this variation as my caption picture for most Hillary! stories

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Good link constantine

cmsinaz on September 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM

bgibbs1000 on September 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM

She is doing it wrong. This just keeps her scandalous behavior lingering in the headlines. When the people see this day in, and day out…even if they try and ignore it…it just sinks farther and farther into their subconscious…

Had she just thrown it all out there on the Friday of a holiday weekend, and just gone with the “old news” mantra she might be faring better.

clement on September 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Perfect picture of the 2nd Dr. Evil in the run.

Schadenfreude on September 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Hillary had best get started on picking out drapes…
Tlaloc on August 10, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Schadenfreude on September 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM

I could live a thousand years and that photo will never get old.

turfmann on September 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Not me. I would kill myself, if I had to see that photo every day for a thousand years.

SC.Charlie on September 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM

How do these numbers from yesterday’s Quinnipiac poll grab you?

I’ll tell you how it grabs me. It’s beyond sickening that 69% of Dems answered YES to that question. The Democratic party is just traitorous to this country. Un-freaking-believable.

Nineball on September 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Actually, she didn’t certify that. All she certified that she did was to order other people to do it. You could drive a truck full of falsehoods through that perjury escape hatch.

novaculus on September 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM

It would require a willing suspension of disbelief to think she isn’t as crooked as they come.

I think her minions are up for it though.

Lily on September 25, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Hahahahahahaha! Excuse me while I catch my breath. I’m struck by the hilarity of thinking that any Dem voters truly care enough about her illegalities not to vote for her when it counts…that the Dem-led DoJ will do anything about her illegal behavior…that any Republican pols have the wherewithal to do a thing about it…and that she is ‘done as a viable candidate.’

You can’t possibly be serious and believe that. I mean, I HOPE she would face CHARGES/CONVICTION/JAIL, but I don’t believe it will happen. Instead, she’ll get to run for president, and quite possibly WIN!

xNavigator on September 25, 2015 at 4:15 PM

It was about Yoga. She and Petraeus were yoga buddies.
He also was a flower girl at Chelsea’s wedding!

barnone on September 25, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Let’s take a poll. Do you guys actually think anything is going to happen to Hillary? Do you want me to tell you the truth or you just want to live the fantasy for a little longer?

DFCtomm on September 25, 2015 at 4:16 PM

You have a particularly unique problem if Joe Biden is your solution.

DrDeleon on September 25, 2015 at 4:17 PM

SC.Charlie on September 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM

I don’t blame Bill at all for sleeping around on her. In fact it’s his most redeeming quality.

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:17 PM

That picture of her never gets old.

jnelchef on September 25, 2015 at 4:18 PM

You have a particularly unique problem if Joe Biden is your solution.

DrDeleon on September 25, 2015 at 4:17 PM

It’s sort of like Allen Iverson, a former NBA point guard that would jack the ball up 50 times in a game to score 30 points (with a 30% shooting percentage) His nickname for some reason was “The Answer”

I used to say that if Allen Iverson was “the answer” it’s proof you asked THE WRONG QUESTION!

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:19 PM

From the AP quote:

jnelchef on September 25, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Yeah this will do it, this will finally put her behind bars. Wishful thinking, Can we just stop with these drips. Its just a waste of time. She’s a democrat the president is a democrat, so is the DOJ, FBI, IRS etc. It doesn’t matter nothing will ever happen to her. Democrats will never eat their own only the republicans do.

phatfawzi on September 25, 2015 at 4:26 PM

I saw a rumor today that the Plan B strategy is this:

Hillary tanks.

Biden / Deval Patrick rises.

Biden steps down after 1 term per campaign promise, DP / Somebody Else finishes it out.

Good Lt on September 25, 2015 at 4:31 PM

I saw a rumor today that the Plan B strategy is this:

Hillary tanks.

Biden / Deval Patrick rises.

Good Lt on September 25, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Deval Patrick is an even lighter lightweight than Biden.

The earlier version of this is that Biden will run with Lieawatha as his “President in waiting” then step aside after 1 term…

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Is this the same General Petraeus that she basically called a liar to his face during Senate testimony on the Iraq war?

Yeah, I’m sure he’ll just let this slide after what’s happened to him.

CurtZHP on September 25, 2015 at 4:40 PM

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Gotta say….while I love the paraphrase (Given that my SN comes from SW’s Rogue Squadron)…Vader/Tarkin really? Couldn’t find a Yoda-ism in there somewhere?

Rogue on September 25, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Devil’s Advocate:

AP says “she certified, on pain of perjury, that she had handed over copies of all of her work-related e-mails to the State Department,” however what she actually said was “I have directed that all my e-mails on clintonemail.com in my custody that were or potentially were federal records be provided to the Department of State, and on information and belief, this has been done.”

I’d say she did not certify that she had handed over copies of all work-related e-mails, just that she had directed that those e-mails in her custody be handed over, and, as far as she knows, that was done.

There’s at least three weasel phrases here that she can try to use.

Ash on September 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM

You may be right, AP. If only because of this rather obvious bit of evidence in the story. Bolded by me…

As risk-adverse (read:cowardly) this Administration is as well as how many sycophants are in the MSM, I’m surprised that the presstitutes would put “Obama Administration” to the story.

Let alone, not have any member of the Administration try to Correct/Cover up a report about a former member of the Cabinet (also Fourth in line of Succession, a member of the Presidents own Political Party & campaigning for the Presidency NOW.

BlaxPac on September 25, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Clinton Emails continue to dribble out from ‘unnamed White House sources’.
Biden announces bid for presidency, around Nov 1.

“Totally unrelated”, according to NYT, MSNBC, DNC, and White House.
Democrats immediately believe it.
Rest of world immediately doesn’t.

orangemtl on September 25, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Oooh rumors. Sheesh.

CWforFreedom on September 25, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Or maybe they came from a certain broad, well, let’s just say someone close to the Petraeus affair and affiliated with the Clinton team.

See this:

Following the revelations about her relationship with Petraeus, Broadwell has retained the services of former Clinton press secretary Dee Dee Myers[43] with the public relations firm The Glover Park Group. The founders of the group have previously served as officials in the Clinton White House and on the presidential campaign of former vice president Al Gore.[44]

virgo on September 25, 2015 at 4:58 PM

According to the AP writer on this Twitter thread State got them from DoD.

Long Legged MacDaddy on September 25, 2015 at 5:00 PM

I never tire of this photo.

Pistonhead on September 25, 2015 at 5:11 PM

I believe I see another concussion on the horizon.

Turn MD Red on September 25, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Hmm…the administration had Petreus’s emails all along, right?

Obama continues his water torture of Hillary: drip, drip, drip.

HakerA on September 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Devil’s Advocate:

There’s at least three weasel phrases here that she can try to use.

Ash on September 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM

I’m right there with you. I remember reading that affidavit and thought it was essentially worthless. Classic Clintons.

WisRich on September 25, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Hillary: I am not a crook. Trust me. I was flat broke in 2000.

Steve Z on September 25, 2015 at 5:53 PM

…Hillary might as well start measuring for the new drapes…

unknown, 2015

Lord Whorfin on September 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Hillary to Petraeus in 2009: If you say anything about my email server, I’ll tell Obama about your girlfriend. Nya nya nya nya nya!

Steve Z on September 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM

…Hillary might as well start measuring for the new drapes…

unknown, 2015

Lord Whorfin on September 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM

So she doesn’t have to look at the bars?

Steve Z on September 25, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Is that not her best picture, evah!??!?!?

ladyingray on September 25, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Mr. Biden, you are cleared for lift-off.

unclesmrgol on September 25, 2015 at 6:07 PM

BlaxPac on September 25, 2015 at 4:46 PM
People forget how close Obama himself is to this story. As these e-mails keep dibbling out, a picture builds. One that is ugly as all get out. Obama must be scared to death what Clinton’s e-mails contained. Given what we know happened on September 11-12, the question remains. How did Obama react, What were his actions, and why did he act the way he did that night. Citation’s e-mails may to answer those questions, questions that neither the current POTUS, nor his former SoS want answered.

flackcatcher on September 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM

At best this indicates that Hillary Clinton is a terrible organizer, is unaware of her daily duties and activities, and is unaware of the activities of the staff that she is reponsible for overseeing and directing.

So that would explain the 32% polled who say she is honest and trustworthy. She expalins all this stuff truthfully, and reveals her total incompetence. Or maybe she’s a real-life version of The Manchurian Candidate. She’s honest, but demented.

Not good either way.

On the other hand perhaps the 63% polled are right and she’s less trustworthy than Obama. In that case, if she’s elected I’m officially threatening to leave the planet.

I suppose the other 5% polled who ‘Don’t Know’ must have been holed up in their mom’s basement playing Halo non-stop for the past 15 years.

s1im on September 25, 2015 at 6:25 PM

flackcatcher on September 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM

That’s the thing: I don’t care HOW indifferent Obama or how power-hungry Hillary is: There are SOME things that the civilian government AND the military cannot and WILL not do without the Presidents knowledge.

Barring some sort of “Shadow Government” in which case, it would have been found out and actively covered up.

Either scenario, especially in regards to Benghazi is going to have the stamp of his & her names to it.

Dates, times and orders to either do NOTHING or to cover up orders that were later to be found out to be the WRONG damn choice.

We already know its a coverup, we just want to see just how far this mold has spread. I think the e-mails will bear it out.

But, like I said before, if Obama is feeling cozy enough to let his Administrations name be attached to it, then I think it all lands at her feet, and he’ll only receive mild critique…unless she has something tucked away on HIM as a “Doomsday” strike.

We shall see.

BlaxPac on September 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Even if Hillary were to get indicted (doubtful), the next President probably a Republican will be blamed for everything that even Obama did.
The damage Obama has done to the Republic will take decades to correct.

woodhull on September 25, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I send probably 6-8 emails a day. Granted, I’m a nobody from nowhere and not a highly-placed government official, so I don’t have a lot of bigshot business to attend to, but still: 925 emails take time to write (or dictate or whatever) and to call that a “handful” is absurd (especially when they relate to a “smattering” of American corpses strewn across an embassy courtyard).

jbspry on September 25, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I’m still convinced that Obama and the WH are implicated in the Hillary email fiasco. At the very least, he knew of her server all along and winked at it, and at the most there are some seriously incriminating emails about his involvement in Benghazi and/or other illegal schemes and their cover-ups. Val Jar is tasked with keeping this story dragging out long enough to where Hillary stays in the race to the last moment possible, drops out for health reasons, and Joe steps in to save the day. Next year, during the presidential race, the prosecution of Hillary’s crimes will be fifth-page news when she is just a private citizen. Every stalling tactic they know will be used to drag out her hearings, testimony to Congressional committees, etc. On Obama’s last day in office, he pardons Hillary and all her aids in exchange for them never revealing any of his involvement. He repeats the famous phrase, “Our long national nightmare is over” (an ironic footnote to Hillary’s public career) and urges everyone to just move on, put the partisan bickering aside, and rally around the new President, whatever party s/he is from.

wordmum on September 25, 2015 at 7:16 PM

This attitude is why nothing would happen. That being said, there’s too much here for nothing to happen – even if it’s just public rejection of Hillary as a candidate.

blink on September 25, 2015 at 5:41 PM

I have to disagree with that. We first have to show the GOP that we’re onto the game, and then something may happen. As far as what will happen to Hilary: she may not get the nomination that much you have a chance at, but there will be no orange pantsuits.

DFCtomm on September 25, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Severian on September 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Indeed.

AesopFan on September 26, 2015 at 12:22 AM

two lies exposed here

and two more huge problems: 1) how egregiously policy and law were violated re security/classified docs during Clinton’s first two months; all to thwart transparency; 2) the unknown contents of the first two months’ emails that would shed light on server set-up decisions and who knows what else.

Clinton claims that the email server was set up on March 18.
We now have evidence of Clinton using clintonemail.com from last week of January. There are thus about eight weeks of emails missing.
My guess is that these eight weeks are both with Network Solutions and with ATT. Is anyone looking for them? It seems that they would shine a lot of light on the private server issue. Also, neither Network Solutions nor ATT would be legal repositories for classified information.

Why Network Solutions(NS)? The domain was registered on January 13. In most circumstances one can start using that email mailbox (which comes with domain registration) within a day of signing up. The email would be hosted on NS and/or forwarded to Clinton’s ATT email until her private server was set up (of course it may be a total lie that the server wasn’t set up until March, but I’m guessing that part of the story holds up). This NetworkSolutions/ATT angle is most likely, and should be investigated. I’m sure no secret service were standing guard at the relevant server farms.

G. Charles on September 26, 2015 at 12:37 AM

“What spurred State to undertake that second review?”

ValJar is tired of toying with Killary? After a while, even a cat get tired of toying and finally eats the plaything.

AppraisHer on September 26, 2015 at 1:34 AM

OT: Mitch McConnell is in the crosshairs now!

ConstantineXI on September 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM

CRUZ
So… you got your reward and you’re
just leaving then?

BOEHNER
That’s right, yeah! I got some old
debts to my old K Street buddies
I’ve got to pay off with this
stuff. Even if I didn’t, you don’t
think I’d be fool enough to stick
around here, do you? Why don’t you
come with us? You’re pretty good in
a fight. I could use you.

CRUZ
(getting angry)
Come on! Why don’t you take a look
around? You know what’s about to
happen, what they’re up against.
They could use a good crybaby like
you. You’re turning your back on
them.

BOEHNER
What good’s a reward if you ain’t
around to use it? Besides, attacking
Obama and his executive actions ain’t my idea of
courage. It’s more like suicide.

CRUZ
All right. Well, take care of
yourself, McWeepy. I guess that’s what
you’re best at, isn’t it?

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on September 26, 2015 at 4:54 AM

I would hope that whomever is investigating this is also serving subpoenas on the *recipients* of the emails, for their complete set of Shrillery emails?

It sounds daunting, and it may miss many recipients whose names have been scrubbed (you mean, like with a cloth?), but it’s really just a question of logistics and following up on compliance.

As a lawyer for 20+ years, my experience is that you need to get “full” sets of documents from all people who may have them, and compare the sets, in order to get a *real* full set of documents.

Lance Corvette on September 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM

With the FBI apparently having some success at recovering e-mails from Hillary’s server, there are probably a lot of very nervous people who e-mailed with her and subsequently stonewalled or otherwise covered up for her.

justltl on September 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM