Uh oh: Carly Fiorina supported an individual mandate for health coverage in 2013

posted at 5:21 pm on September 24, 2015 by Allahpundit

Dude, it’s over. Unless, that is, someone can find a clip of Trump endorsing a mandate too, in which case that will instantly become the proper populist conservative position on mandates.

She wasn’t endorsing the ObamaCare mandate, her campaign spokesperson tells CNN, she was endorsing a mandate that would force everyone to carry cheaper, high-deductible catastrophic coverage. The point of ObamaCare is to force healthy young adults to buy elaborate plans they don’t really need, thus creating a rich new revenue stream that can help insurers cover expensive treatments for the sick and elderly. The point of Fiorina’s plan is to force people who have the means to pay a small premium to protect themselves from the cost of accidents and serious illnesses, so that the public isn’t stuck with the bill when some of those people inevitably end up in the ER. The cost and ambitions of the two programs are different.

But is the principle different?

“Now there is a requirement for people to take responsibility, which you know most people have insurance,” Cutter said. “So do you agree with the mandate idea? That is a Republican idea, came out of the Heritage Foundation, one of our co-hosts, Newt Gingrich, was behind it. And the ban on preexisting conditions? Do you agree with those two provisions?”

“I actually do agree with those two provisions,” Fiorina said. “And I think Obamacare remains an abomination, and let me tell you why. First of all, I think no one should be denied health care because of pre-existing conditions. And I think there are many more efficient ways we could have dealt with this other than Obamacare.”

“But you are for the responsibility provision?” Cutter, a former top aide on President Obama’s re-election campaign, reiterated. “People have to take responsibility for their own care and you are for the ban on pre-existing conditions?”

“Yes I am,” Fiorina said. “But, but, do not put words in my mouth. I am not for anything that went around either one of those in Obamacare.”

If you oppose the mandate on grounds that the government, especially the federal government, shouldn’t have the power to coerce a citizen into making a purchase, why is Carly’s mandate for catastrophic coverage any more constitutionally pure than Obama’s? Note too that she said this in 2013, a year after the Supreme Court’s ruling that O-Care’s mandate is constitutional as a type of tax. You can spin that in her favor or against her if you like. In her favor: With the Supreme Court having already pronounced the mandate legal, Carly was simply working within the system we now have. A catastrophic coverage mandate would at least be cheaper than ObamaCare’s mandate. Against her: Why would any Republican be talking up mandates when the GOP is trying to build a case for repeal? Acquiescing in the new post-mandate legal regime is precisely what a GOP leader shouldn’t be doing. Think this might come up at the next debate?

If you missed it yesterday at BuzzFeed, go watch Fiorina describe her “great admiration” for Hillary Clinton in 2008. Luckily, other top Republicans in the race, like Jeb Bush and Donald Trump, would never do that.

Comments

There was a thread a Free Republic where a guy tallied up a lot of the Carly horrors:
In the comment starting with:
“I posted this on another thread about her and have updated it with the latest headlines posted here on FR. Enjoy!”

whatcat on September 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM

I read through those comments. Very good.

Also look at the article that the FR thread is based: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/09/23/carly-fiorina-gaslighting-islam-her-relationship-to-clinton-global-initiative-and-progressive-agenda/

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM

tanked59 on September 24, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Have to agree!

Redstone on September 24, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Well, at least she can still count on her charm and likability.

Right Mover on September 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM

QFLOL

arhooley on September 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Fiarino gave a speech praising Islam just 17 days after 9/11.

This is the last part of that speech:

As we work together, let us remember the example of Muhammad. When the Prophet Muhammad was still a young man, a stone fell from the Ka’ba. In response, the tribes of Mecca quarreled over which one would have the honor of returning it to its place. Rather than choosing one tribe over another, the young Muhammad solved the problem by placing the stone on a cloth so each tribe could hold a corner of the cloth, and all the tribes could lift it together.

May the wisdom of the Prophet Muhammad inspire us this week, and may his wisdom guide the Arab world as it works together to write a new story of the ages for our time.

Also, see: http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/06/carly-fiorina-islamic-civilization-was-greatest-in-the-world/

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 8:13 PM

So how is this FOOL now going to run against Hillary when she has on VIDEO 5 minutes of all but wiping Hillary’s a$$ with her tongue add to that the individual mandate and it is curtains …GOOD LUCK RINOS

dio55 on September 24, 2015 at 8:18 PM

I’m so excited..

ThisIsYourBrainOnKoch on September 24, 2015 at 5:26 PM

…I figured out why you ‘hit & run’…you always have to go change your pants.

JugEarsButtHurt on September 24, 2015 at 8:19 PM

“Sundance” continues to be the best investigative journalist out there, and tells you all you need to know about Miss Fiorina.

LegendHasIt on September 24, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Big Gov AND a lousy CEO. Our next (and usual) choice? Sounds about right. Fail!

Carnac on September 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM

It’s so easy for the wealthy in power to squeeze those not so fortunate. Fiorina is merely the Republican Hillary. Her demeanor is even similar.

rickv404 on September 24, 2015 at 8:24 PM

dio55 on September 24, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Couldn’t agree more. Our candidate should have the good sense and moral character to have never ever been a Clinton supporter.

Tater Salad on September 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM

You can count on Allan fighting for Jeb!!

Brock Robamney on September 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Sorry Joe, I was still trying to find the link when you were in the process of posting it.

But I guess it can’t be repeated too often until everyone who has the slightest hope of Miss Fiorino as a conservative savior has read and understood it.

LegendHasIt on September 24, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Big Gov AND a lousy CEO. Our next (and usual) choice? Sounds about right. Fail!

Carnac on September 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Mitt Romney, but with (presumeably) more estrogen and less testosterone.

Groovy.

ElectricPhase on September 24, 2015 at 8:27 PM

oh yah we wrote it on a plan developed by MITT ROMNEY and outlined by the HERITAGE FOUNDATION is all.

brushingmyhair on July 31, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Single payer would’ve been simpler, the Administration’s use of Heritage Foundation and conservative logics to write this bill were a bad idea then and they are a bad idea now.

libfreeordie on March 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM

ROMNEY: Oh, OK. That’s what I’m saying. We got the idea from you and the Heritage Foundation.

GINGRICH: OK. A little broader.

ROMNEY: OK.

verbaluce on November 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Obama did screw up by embracing a right-wing, Heritage Foundation/Mitt Romney approach when a decent single payer plan with the option to buy private insurance on top of basic care would have been simpler and cheaper.

urban elitist on April 1, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Is the Heritage Foundation a liberal think tank or a conservative think tank?

She is agreeing with the Heritage Foundation…are they now liberal?

Funny how the one interview with Katie Couric, more recent, she states nothing is salvageable from ObamaCare, it’s too complex to fix, it has to be scrapped.

right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 5:48 PM

rogerb on September 24, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Fiarino gave a speech praising Islam just 17 days after 9/11.

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 8:13 PM

We’ve learned a lot about Islam in the 14 years since 9/11.

Some of us may have realized on that day that there is no such thing as the “religion of peace” when it comes to Islam.

If Fiorina had given that speech in the last couple of years I might be concerned. The fact that she gave in 14 years ago leaves me saying, “meh”.

Reno_Dave on September 24, 2015 at 8:34 PM

BTW, Romney was far from my first choice in 2012, but once he became the nominee, I worked hard for his election. In the last five weeks before the 2012 election, I was voluteering 60 – 70 hours/week in the GOTV effort in Northern NV.

I’m not a big fan of Trump. Cruz is more my style, but if Trump is the nominee, I will vote for him, and possibly even walk precincts.

Reno_Dave on September 24, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Not everywhere, i dont believe…and it has nothing to do with the federal govt.

Nitpick much?
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a federal rule, or not. The point is simply that mandates for some types of insurance coverage are an accepted practice, be they right or wrong. I do not support universal healthcare nor Obamacare, and as a physician I don’t think I’m going to let you lecture me about the relative merits of either one, today.

For people to choose their own model of day-to-day healthcare coverage (lots, some, or none at all), while requiring coverage for the million-dollar trauma or kidney transplant or what-have-you is not, however unreasonable. It is in fact a very sensible option, if combined with personal healthcare savings accounts. Such a system would allow for market forces to determine pricing on the typical primary care and non emergent care level, while spreading the cost of low-frequency, high-ticket intervention across a broader base.
For Fiorina to support the latter (maybe that’s what she meant in the clip in question, but I don’t know for sure) is entirely consistent with a market system, or conservatism, or for that matter a relatively libertarian approach to healthcare. I do not think this clip means what you all think that it means.

orangemtl on September 24, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I read through those comments. Very good.

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM

I’m usually willing to be impartial in my judgement of people so I can find out the context of what they said. Most people, and many here at Hot air, don’t do enough research and find out the truth of things. Prime examples are the belief that Trayvon Martin was practically still in diapers, and “Hands Up Don’t Shoot” really happened.

I was still trying to be open-minded about Fiorina as well as a few others, but this is off the rails. When you praise the founder of a religion that’s Satan’s adulterated copy of the Judaeo-Christian belief system, you’re done.

UnstChem on September 24, 2015 at 8:55 PM

I’m late to the table on this so maybe someone can help me out: Did Carly Fiorina really give money to Hillary Clinton in 2008?

If so, that’s a deal breaker for me with Carly.

Captain Kirock on September 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM

If so, that’s a deal breaker for me with Carly.

Captain Kirock on September 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Worse. She kissed Hillary’s patootie on TV.

fossten on September 24, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Carly’s falling apart.

Redstone on September 24, 2015 at 9:28 PM

So what. Trump supported universal healthcare. I thought it didn’t matter what positions the candidates took in the past. At least thats what the Trumpers have been telling us.

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM

The Full Story: Fiorina on Climate Change

Over the years, Fiorina like Arnold Schwarzenegger and other liberal California Republicans have shown themselves to be practically obsessed with climate change.

And when you listen to Fiorina talk about climate change today note that she ALWAYS double talks about it. It’s clear she accepts the leftist theory of catastrophic global warming — without any reservation. But on the surface she seems to be saying that we should “do nothing” about [the imminent global catastrophe] … unless we get a global agreement: http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4528619/carly-fiorina-climate-change

Fiorina parlayed her “experience” at HP to get hired as McCain’s “top economic advisor.” She used that to push her abiding belief in the leftist theory of catastrophic global warming on McCain. It’s argued that she went a step further and got McCain to subscribe to her radical Cap & Trade scheme that would ultimately mandate an insane and unilateral (US alone) 83% cut in CO2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO6Bdt7mbVY&info=FiorinaSupportsCapTrade

In contrast, Trump on climate change: “I call it weather. You know, the weather changes.”

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Carly Fiorina: Hillary Donor?

novaculus on September 24, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Great article, I liked this line.

“Carly Fiorina Says She Feels ‘Empathy’ for Hillary Clinton – and Vows She’ll ‘Never Make a Personal Comment’ About Her”

Redstone on September 24, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Shhhh…

You hear that?

That’s the sound of sad GOPee sphincters snapping shut…again.

Burn it down, Trump.

rvastar on September 24, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Uh, when it comes to healthcare and support for the Hildabeast, Mr. Trump has his own skeletons.

Just sayin’.

Aizen on September 24, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Hot Weather Is A Thing Of The Past:

An excerpt:

During the 1930’s two-thirds of the US would reach 100 degrees every summer. In recent years, that number has been closer to one third.

The EPA knows that the US used to be much hotter, but that doesn’t stop them from trying to implement their climate scam to wreck the US energy supply.

[GRAPHICS at link!]

That makes total sense. After a century of runaway hockey stick warming, we now have much … fewer … hot days then we had 80 years ago. It should be the opposite, and dramatically so. Global warming is baloney!

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Hot Weather Is A Thing Of The Past:

That was supposed to be posted in the China does cap & trade Headlines thread. Sorry.

anotherJoe on September 24, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Wow and just when I thought Ms. PRISM couldn’t get any worse…

Now she supported the individual mandate. Great.

She’s falling apart.

NWConservative on September 24, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Wow and just when I thought Ms. PRISM couldn’t get any worse…

Now she supported the individual mandate. Great.

She’s falling apart.

NWConservative on September 24, 2015 at 10:03 PM

She’s a manipulative and extremely unlikable person.

Anti-ControI on September 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM

The differences between the candidates are window dressing at this point. Or is St. Carly free to endorse whatever the liberal claptrap of the day is because she can recite talking points better than mean old Mr Trump?

NWConservative on September 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Regarding her Hillary comments. She made it clear to O’Reilly, that while she believes Hillary has worked hard and served, her comments were before the revelations about her email and other recent issues.

marnes on September 24, 2015 at 10:21 PM

This is great, it shows she is truly a front runner.

Of course people will dig up all kinds of things she said, that is what is expected…some valid, some not valid, but almost all from liberal attack machines.

She can handle it, no one has a perfect record, and she is prepared for all of this.

She is agreeing with the Heritage Foundation, that’s like agreeing with Reagan…no one is more trusted for conservative ideal than Heritage.

Small people, easy to manipulate, will cling to these things, the media knows that is how they take out the front runners, by concentrating on the ones they do not want in the race, and pitting them against the supporters of the one they choose.

I don’t fall for the liberal media and their ploy, others do…my problems with Trump, I research. I have no problems with his bankruptcies, I don’t have a problem with his past support of liberals…I bring that up when the Trump trash talkers do that to the other candidates.

I have a problem with his stealth amnesty program, something the mainstream does not talk about, because they agree with it.

So let them have at it with Carly, and Ben, and Rubio…bring it on, this year I do not think we have as many weak minded that will fall for their theater, like last election.

Of course the Trump supporters will fall for it, they are counting on it…they will attack Carly because they see an opening, and they don’t understand how they are being manipulated.

But Trump has a higher % of people who won’t vote for him than will, and that means he won’t be elected…so they will be disenfranchised.

Ben and Carly, so far, are the only two that in the head to head polls, can beat either Hillary or Biden…

right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM

She’s a manipulative and extremely unlikable person.

Anti-ControI on September 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

And the polls say differently…

right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Where’s right2bright? Oh, I know, people are posting links and stuff and he’s out gathering information to show how liberal those sources are, and how we are missing the context.

Joseph K on September 24, 2015 at 6:21 PM

This is a hobby, this is your life…

I have no problem with “hiccups” in a race…I supported Perry last election when all the others were bailing because of his “problems” in the debates, one that is hammered over and over until most of the conservatives agreed.

And it will happen with Carly, the media knows how weak minded the conservatives are, the will latch onto any “conspiracy” any “hiccup” and ride who they see as a threat into the ground.

Then when their man makes it, nothing but enemy’s are left, and they don’t show up to vote…it has worked three elections in a row.

What will happen to Carly, Ben, Rubio, will be what has happened the last three elections…and we will be left with the one man who polls the worst against the dems.

But, Carly will weather this, and there will be more…just like more against Rubio, Cruz, Ben, whomever is a threat to Trump.

Trump is who they want…then they unleash the dogs against Trump…the policy lightweight, Trump.

right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 10:39 PM

right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 10:39 PM

But the dogs keep coming home neutered.
“Cry havoc

katy the mean old lady on September 24, 2015 at 10:46 PM

The policy lightweight who spelled out 2 concrete policies? I went to Carly’s site didn’t notice a single policy but if I missed it I’ll gladly go take a look.

LeeBelieu on September 24, 2015 at 10:53 PM

LeeBelieu on September 24, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Bring bloodhounds.

katy the mean old lady on September 24, 2015 at 10:55 PM

She’s a manipulative and extremely unlikable person.

Anti-ControI on September 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

And the polls say differently…

reallynot2right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM

What makes you think a poorly-humored, pompous blowhard like you isn’t a sh!tty judge of character? :D

And I’ll remind you that sociopaths like Bill Clinton and Choomie were re-elected, you prevaricating [email protected]! ROFL!

Anti-ControI on September 24, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Ling the other candidates’ policies, or go to Hell, you creep.

Schadenfreude on September 24, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Link, but the rest stands, crook and liar.

Schadenfreude on September 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Hey A-C

You fight like no other!

Schadenfreude on September 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM

The severely conservative Fiorita, same as Pelosi

Schadenfreude on September 24, 2015 at 11:01 PM

NWConservative on September 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

I’m not a fan of Carly either I used to be on team Trump I’ve pretty much lost my patience with his nonsense. It was fun at first watching him make the establishment crap their pants but its gotten old.

My point is that the Trump fans keep telling us that his past liberal statements don’t matter because he said so. So by that logic none of the candidates past statements matter.

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Um. Some of the dumb statements Carly has made aren’t “in the past.” They’re recent, like her clueless comments about Islam and Muslims that don’t appear to have made it onto this site.

JannyMae on September 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Oh great, right2bright, the Gertrude Stein of Hot Air, is back with his lengthy, fact-free screeds.

Here’s a prediction for you: when Trump mouthpiece Roger Stone’s brutally unflattering Clinton tome hits the bookstores, Carly Fiorina, AKA Maxine Headroom, will denounce it.

Joseph K on September 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Yeah, and Donald trump, everyone’s hero, supports first payer.

Uh Oh.

rubberneck on September 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM

And anti-Trumpers keep telling us that past liberal statements DO matter, so by that logic all of the candidates’ past statements matter.

Joseph K on September 24, 2015 at 11:27 PM

She’s a manipulative and extremely unlikable person.

Anti-ControI on September 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

She’s definitely manipulative and extremely unlikeable once you get to know her.

NWConservative on September 24, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Cruz.

mankai on September 24, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Ouch.

Moron Labe on September 24, 2015 at 11:55 PM

The very best face you can put on Carly’s tenure at HP was that she was “marginal”. To avoid the normal Affirmative Action blowback when firing a minority is involved, the board of directors bribed her to leave with a $21 million golden parachute. Normally a CEO of such a large company, even a fired one, has headhunters knocking on the door. No one called or knocked on this door.

If this were not enough, the vetting process has revealed a personal philosophy to the left of Jeb, masquerading as a conservative. So not only is she incompetent but a southpaw as well. Don’t want to wake up some morning to a Mitch McConnell with shoulder length hair as our president. How devastating that would be.

MaiDee on September 24, 2015 at 11:58 PM

What has gotten old? Fox “News” and their constant bashing of him through the opinionated “journalists” or their guests deserve to be mocked and ridiculed. Trump attacks those who attack him first, with the exception of Jeb Bush (who needs to be destroyed, notice how no other candidates attack him?).

Trump acts the way he does because he knows how to get views, clicks, and get his name out. It is his schtick. Once you get past the BS with him you can see his actual policy. I highly suggest you watch (the whole thing, and again fast forward the first few minutes if you don’t like the Trump schtick) the Tim Scott and Donald Trump South Carolina townhall he did yesterday where they took questions from the audience and discussed a variety of topics. And they were ACTUAL topics, not this stupid debate “bait” questions made by the media to get people to fight about piddly stuff like “the Face.”

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM

His past liberal statements do matter, just not the ones from 20 years ago. I now hold Trump to the same standard the GOP held Mitt Romney. These other candidates want to claim they are better than or more serious than Donald Trump, yet again and again as this primary goes on, they are proving they are absolutely not better than Donald Trump. In fact, they are worse precisely because they pretend to set themselves up to a higher standard, yet fall flat on their faces when you actually look at their records. Like I said, please don’t pretend that any of these paper tigers are any better than Donald Trump is.

With Trump, he has been consistent on stopping illegal immigration (with the exception of his 2012 statement) and American sovereignty. And no one can criticize him on his claim to protecting American interests first. That is something that Rubio, Fiorina, Bush, Kasich, Carson, and even Cruz all have had problems with given their endorsements of immigration, COC style. Walker was good on this until he was talked to by his donors.

He has written, detailed policy for immigration and the second amendment, and his economic and (possible) tax policy next week. His policies so far, are the most detailed and comprehensive on the subject they are covering out of ALL the candidates that I have seen. Go look at Fiorina’s website, for her to give you more videos of her talking. Nothing written down. The other candidates are giving you vague as hell promises and nuanced platitudes.

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 12:41 AM

JannyMae on September 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM

You mean like this speech she gave 15 days after 9/11??

Start reading her speech here:

I’ll end by telling a story.

There was once a civilization that was the greatest in the world….

Carly is either completely ignorant or an idiot.

fred5678 on September 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Of course the Trump supporters will fall for it,

This is all you got? Fiorina supports the individual mandate, amnesty for illegal aliens, PRISM, WWIII with Russia, social justice, putting cops in jail to protect the egos of BLM, Islam and the “prophet” Mohammed, abortion, and I can go on.

they are counting on it…they will attack Carly because they see an opening,

Fiorina made that opening possible by opening her stupid mouth. She will be judged. And you still are a lying hack.

and they don’t understand how they are being manipulated.

You are being manipulated to get Jeb Bush elected. And falling for it like an idiot.

But Trump has a higher % of people who won’t vote for him than will,

Right now in one poll. And several months ago his favorability numbers were absurdly negative, which are now reversed. So who cares except for lying hacks like you.

and that means he won’t be elected…

The election is a year away. Get out of the Nostradamus business, creepy stalker Mitt Romney cultist, Basilbeast, has that taken.

so they will be disenfranchised.

Who is having their vote taken away?

right2bright on September 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Quit the “Ben” and “Carly” crap, we aren’t voting for homecoming queen and king. Although apparently you like affirmative action candidates.

As to your “point,” head to head matchups mean jack crap right now. And those basing their vote on polling matchups a year out of an election can point to president’s Mitt Romney, Bob Dole, and John McCain as evidence of their proven successful strategy to pick winners against Democrats.

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Well, on the one hand, even Mitt Romney strongly criticized Hillary Clinton for politicizing the Baltimore riots.

On the other hand, Cary Fiorina was “relieved” when Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby charged 6 Baltimore police officers for crimes connected with Gray’s death, including 2nd degree murder: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/240947-fiorina-relieved-baltimore-cops-charged

“I think we were all relieved to see the six policemen charged in Baltimore,” Fiorina told reporters on a conference call shortly after announcing her presidential bid.

“It’s heartbreaking to see what’s going on in Baltimore,” Fiorina added, referring to riots that broke out in the city, during a 45-minute question-and-answer session with reporters. “Any situation in which police are engaged in violence, then police must be held accountable.”

h/t de rigueur
~
Fiorina seem to frequently side with the leftists!

I assume Fiorina would agree with Ben Carson that the Ferguson cop should NOT have shot the 300 lb crazed thug Michael Brown: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/09/ben_carsons_strange_answer.html

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Then in 2013, when Ted Cruz was counseling defunding Obamacare in the next budget, and Boehner wanted capitulation, Carly sided with…John Boehner.

“Everybody could see this train wreck coming. I actually feel badly for John Boehner. I think this is Ted Cruz and President Obama’s shutdown. I think Ted Cruz’s tactics were wrong.

There’s no honor in charging a hill that you know you can’t take, only casualties, although Ted Cruz maybe got name recognition and money along the way. But President Obama wanted this shutdown. And Ted Cruz played right into his hands.” – Carly Fiorina

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 1:27 AM

Fiorina seem to frequently side with the leftists!

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Well because she is one and uses their rhetoric to get her way. And Ben Carson is an idiot.

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 1:30 AM

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 12:41 AM

I will say that was a well thought out argument about why you support Trump and why you think others should. I’m not being sarcastic either I really do appreciate finally hearing a Trump supporter present a logical and well thought out argument as to why he would be a good candidate.

However, I disagree with your points.

First off, he is not being treated any worse then other front runners have before him. Yes he is being questioned and criticized more then the other candidates but that is to be expected. Its what comes with being the front runner.

Second, Him acting like a juvenile and and making outrageous statements may be his thing but thats not who I want running the country. Also he seems to be able to dish it out but he certainly can’t take it. The most recent example would be when Rich Lowery made his comment about him, Trump was saying that he should be fined by the FCC. Not exactly Mr free speech. Not to mention all of the people the threatens with bogus lawsuits who hurt his feelings.

Third of all, he has made plenty of liberal statements not just 20 years ago but recently. He also has no record to back him up on so we are simply taking him on his word. I’m not voting for a someone who has no record of standing for anything. Also the only coherent position he has taken is on immigration and that wasn’t even written by him. His position on the 2nd amendment isn’t anything different then the GOP’s standard position. I’m not even going to mention how he was for gun control and an assault weapons ban not to long ago. As for where he stands on economics, Paul Krugman endorsed it. Thats all I need to know.

Lastly, you said all of the other candidates are paper tigers. I’m not going to argue about with you about the others but Ted Cruz is hardly a paper tiger. He has a proven record of walking the walk.

tom2789 on September 25, 2015 at 1:30 AM

I’m beginning to lose heart in this forum. A lot, not all, but a lot of you are like liberals who hear something and then run wild telling it over and over whether it is true or has nuance or not. “If it’s not my guy then I’ll say and do anything to crush the others”. What the f**k has happened to our side? None of you know who will be the nominee but instead of letting the process weed out the unelectable you trash everyone but one person. Fiorina was saying what most Americans think already and that is that there are a lot of people getting a free ride and we have to put something in place to stop it. Obamacare is an abomination and she said that but a mandate for CATASTROPHIC coverage is just common sense. Think of all the cycle riders that are paralyzed the rest of their lives and had no insurance. Yeah, they were living the “Freedom” but we are going to pay for their freedom until they die. Same with mountain climbing fools that we have to rescue and then keep them in daily care for ever. Ditto mountain bikers, scuba divers, race drivers, teenagers and loads of other young and foolish people. Why not make them chip in a little for their risky lifestyle? As for the person who mentioned Sundance at conservativetreehouse.com, he is nuts. He has more conspiracy theories than the CIA. He gets one piece of info and then runs with it without ever bothering to see what happened next or get another view. Some of you are doing the same thing and are eating our own.

inspectorudy on September 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM

I don’t care about him being questioned legitimately. So far, I have yet to see a cogent response to his positions other than: “he’s a liberal-DISQUALIFIED”, “he doesn’t believe in them so why refute?”, or “his policies are impossible to implement.” Not good enough.

So have you been asleep for the last four months?
Scott Walker coming out and outright telling other candidates to drop out so the front runner won’t win? What kind of baby, sore loser act is that? Or how about we talk about “pundits” casually chatting on a “news” network about cutting off his balls with the anchor giggling like a school girl in the background? Or how about Jeb Bush naming his wife’s Mexican heritage in his book as influencing him in his immigration views and calling on Donald Trump to apologize to him for saying Jeb Bush’s wife’s Mexican heritage …. influenced his views on immigration? George Will, Noah Rothman, Taylor Millard, Ed Morrissey, Erick Erickson, Glenn Beck, et al all attacking Trump AND HIS SUPPORTERS as racist Nazi white supremacists whose views are not welcome in the Republican Party and echoed by almost every Republican running? Or how about Rand Paul saying that Trump and his supporters want to put illegal aliens into boxcars, a ghoulish holocaust reference?

Also he seems to be able to dish it out but he certainly can’t take it.

He generates publicity. Again, this is what I told you his schtick is. And guess what? We have all been talking about Trump for the last four months and why he has REVERSED his favorables in three months in the Republican party. Do you think that his taking on Fox “News” isn’t winning him support with Democrats? He is toppling the current locked in electoral map, and that is a GOOD thing.

The most recent example would be when Rich Lowery made his comment about him,

So an example of the equally unserious political class in this country. Why do you have a double standard for so called journalists?

Not saying that is correct or alright, but do you think that Rich Lowry should be saying “she cut his balls off” on a so called news program if they want to be considered part of the serious, moral high ground?

If you’re talking CFG, it was a valid complaint. And you need to look at the bigger picture. CFG is being used by the GOP leadership in Washington to attack Donald Trump based on their conservative political capital they have gained over the past few years with backing tea party conservatives because the establishment orgs are not trusted nor are they influential. HotAir and other websites were saying exactly that three weeks ago.

HOWEVER, they are an organization that is very pro business, which means that they are a loose ally of conservatives. Because of their purpose though, they are friendly with the Chamber of Commerce which doesn’t want Obamacare changed or removed, wants amnesty to supress American wages further, wants to open up Iran to business, wanted the TPA for the TPP and other trade treaties, etc. Trump threatens all of that by taking out their preferred candidate with the huge donor warchest, Jeb Bush.

And I bet you that they will not allow Trump to get to discovery to find out who is donating to this PAC, which by the way cannot make it’s priority activity to attack Donald Trump, as a 501(c)4 organization.

What? Socialized medicine that our last nominee backed? What statements? Because for every statement you have from Donald Trump, I could name one from all the top tier candidates right now.

As opposed for someone who is on record for being both for and against something? Or for someone who LIED to you and did the exact opposite of what they campaigned on when they got into office?

1. I am beginning to doubt you were ever a Trump supporter.
2. Are you saying that his second amendment policy is not coherent? Because by logical extension, neither is the GOP’s, if his policy is just a copy of theirs.
3. Are you seriously that naive to think that Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina write their own policies? (Well Fiorina doesn’t have any policy, just videos).

So a statement from 15 years ago. Carly Fiorina made her Muslim are glorious and Mohamed is an inspiration to us all in 2001.

Endorsed what?

tom2789 on September 25, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Ted Cruz acted like Nancy Pelosi during the Trade Promotion Authority debate. And he supports legalization of illegal aliens like Carson, which is an untenable situation the Democrats will demagogue to death until the GOP gives them citizenship. He would have voted for the Gang of 8 bill had they adopted his prohibition of welfare benefits for illegal aliens and his prohibition on granting citizenship to illegal aliens.

Sen. Cruz stated in his press release that he is “confident my proposed amendments will effectively address the current problems with this bill.”

He sounds like a mix between a smarmy used car salesman and a preacher when he is debating and speaking in public. When he starts to talk like a normal person, he corrects himself. And he can’t seem to connect with the average voter.

But I would vote for him as president, but not in the primary anymore, unless Trump is no longer there.

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Stop with the pearl clutching, its annoying.

Carly Fiorina is unelectable.

The government FORCING PEOPLE TO BUY A PRODUCT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. I don’t care what John Roberts created in his traitorous mind of his.

Yeah, lets allow people to buy homeowner’s insurance after the fire burned down their homes. Or allow spouses and children to buy life insurance after their loved ones died.

WE don’t have to.

Big Government, pious fool style:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
-C.S. Lewis

inspectorudy on September 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM

You can lead a horse to water…

Vote for Jeb then.

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 3:13 AM

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Ok, so you’re criticizing Trump supporters for doing the same thing you are doing?

Brock Robamney on September 25, 2015 at 3:24 AM

Ex-staffer: ‘I’d rather go to Iraq than work for Carly Fiorina’

An excerpt:

Ex-staffers have harsh words for Republican presidential candidate.

Carly Fiorina apparently left a trail of unpaid, unhappy campaign staffers after her unsuccessful 2010 U.S. Senate bid. According to Reuters, the former HP CEO and 2016 Republican presidential hopeful waited more than four years to give her campaign staff the compensation they were promised.

“Federal campaign filings show that, until a few months before Fiorina announced her presidential bid on May 4, she still owed staffers, consultants, strategists, legal experts and vendors nearly half a million dollars,” Reuters reported.
~~
Incredible, as the stern-faced candidate reports that she has a net worth of $59 million, but she can’t pay a 1/2 million to ex-staffers??

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 3:32 AM

While at the same time she bought a million $$ yacht.

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 3:36 AM

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 3:32 AM

Twelve of about 30 people who worked on Fiorina’s failed 2010 California Senate campaign, most speaking out for the first time, told Reuters they would not work for her again. Fiorina, once one of America’s most powerful businesswomen, is now campaigning for the Republican nomination in 2016.

The reason: For more than four years, Fiorina — who has an estimated net worth of up to $120 million — didn’t pay them, a review of Federal Election Commission records shows.

Federal campaign filings show that, until a few months before Fiorina announced her presidential bid on May 4, she still owed staffers, consultants, strategists, legal experts, and vendors nearly half a million dollars.

FEC records show, for example, that her former campaign manager Martin Wilson was owed $80,500; legal counsel Ben Ginsberg $60,000, and the widow of California political adviser Joe Shumate, who died during the final month of the campaign, at least $30,000.

Ultimately, Fiorina paid them. Fiorina’s campaign declined to give reasons for the delay, which was first reported in the San Francisco Chronicle.

“I’d rather go to Iraq than work for Carly Fiorina again,” said one high-level former campaign staffer, who asked not to be identified, citing disclosure restrictions in his contract.

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 3:38 AM

And now I can’t vote for her.

The Mandates are un-American and UN-Constitutional, no matter what the Supreme Court says. (Up yours, John Roberts.)

Theophile on September 25, 2015 at 4:29 AM

I’ve found an online 200 page Opposition Research report on Fiorina created for Boxer’s campaign in 2010: http://www.scribd.com/doc/280494704/Fiorina-opposition-research-report

Of note, on page 33, this:

2005: Fiorina, Pro-Choice Moderate. A politically connected lawyer who had worked closely with her, Boris Feldman of the firm Wilson Sonsini, said “All I know is she’d be a great first woman president. She’s a pro-choice, moderate Republican. It doesn’t get any better than that.” (Congressional Quarterly Weekly, 2/12/05).

That’s consistent with this report giving Fiorina a ‘bad’ rating on social issues:

While Fiorina has been recently been an outspoken advocate for the pro-life community, she has not always been a defender of life. She has conceded the larger point, giving up on the fight to overturn Roe v. Wade and focusing instead on reducing the number of abortions, an espoused goal of Democrats. She has also said that she would not use any single issue as a litmus test for a Supreme Court nominee. Further Fiorina has mimicked liberal talking points by referring to reproductive rights and has been described by Republican insiders before her 2010 Senate campaign as pro-choice. On traditional marriage, Fiorina refused to support a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage and waffled on the issue of whether states have the right to define marriage. Fiorina supports government benefits for same-sex couples and created a domestic partner benefits program at Hewlett-Packard. She also supported the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” along with federal funding of stem cell research.

Also of note: A Fiorina-Backed Website Touted Planned Parenthood and Abortion: http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/14/fiorina-backed-website-touted-planned-parenthood/
~
This all leads me to believe that Fiarino’s stern-faced line against abortion is little more than an opportunist act.

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 6:08 AM

tom2789 on September 24, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Not only that, but Trump said Romney lost in 2012 because he was “too mean” to illegals, who are “wonderful people.”

So if it doesn’t matter what the clown in the stupid hat said the day before yesterday, why does it matter what Carly (or any other candidate) ever said in the past?

DRayRaven on September 25, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Everyone knows who the One True Conservative is in the race. It’s Ted Cruz. And if you vote for anyone else, you’re going to be kicking yourself for the next four years.

It’s not a mystery about Fiorina being a California Republican, for anyone paying the slightest attention.

K. Hobbit on September 25, 2015 at 7:09 AM

I’ve lost track, is Trump still for a single-payer health care system or not? Does anyone really care?

rhombus on September 25, 2015 at 7:15 AM

One does have to admire what Killary has achieved with so little to work with. Being a great money grubbing, lying huckster does take a certain amount of talent. The last time around she ran into someone with that talent and a better smile.
We don’t need a mandate for catastrophic or pre-existing conditions. People should have to pay for their own medical services. This is the way it used to be until businesses started providing benefits. If you don’t want to take responsibility for getting some type of insurance, then you either don’t get the health services you need or you pay for it yourself. I’m tired of paying for others to go to a doctor or ER, just like I’m tired of paying for their college degree, contraception and abortions.

Kissmygrits on September 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

All Carly is endorsing is the original Heritage proposal. The idea behind that is to protect the hospitals which are mandated by Congress to provide expensive care for things like heart disease and stroke. We could make it voluntary. If you don’t have coverage, when your money runs out, so does the care. But, if you don’t want to make it voluntary, then someone has to pay, somehow.

RickCaird on September 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Carly Eff is the epitome of establishment big government. She lies with the best of them. Like Rubio.

Mr. Arrogant on September 25, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Tater Salad on September 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Then Trump’s your guy!

Oh, wait.

Good Lt on September 25, 2015 at 9:23 AM

K. Hobbit on September 25, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Pretty sure Reagan was a California Republican.

Good Lt on September 25, 2015 at 9:26 AM

Sounds like Rand Paul is the only small government choice in the field.

TBSchemer on September 25, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Better call Paul!

TBSchemer on September 25, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Not dis-similar to the California requirement to carry auto insurance:

By law, each driver in California is to carry the minimum required amount in their auto insurance policy. This amount is…(to help)…pay for the damages that were caused by you and/or your vehicle in the event of an accident… The minimum amounts are non-negotiable; they are set for every driver in California regardless of the driver’s income status. The minimum auto insurance requirements for California are a 15/30/5 policy, otherwise known as:
•$15,000 Liability Bodily Injury per person
•$30,000 Liability Bodily Injury per accident
•$5,000 Property Damage Coverage

Note that this coverage is by law the minimum you can carry, but you are permitted to carry as much as the insurance company will allow.

socalcon on September 25, 2015 at 9:40 AM

socalcon on September 25, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Its “the law” but:

Luckily, California drivers can purchase uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance. This insurance coverage steps in to pay you the difference between what you received and what you would have been entitled to recover had the other driver kept adequate car insurance. Because so many drivers in California are underinsured, or completely uninsured, it is absolutely essential that all drivers have uninsured motorist coverage.

Another unintended consequence of not controlling our borders…

socalcon on September 25, 2015 at 9:44 AM

orangemtl on September 24, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Oh, you don’t have to let him do anything doctor but I can reply just as well. If you are a doctor, then you likely know how screwed up the system is and it is due to the state/fed governments getting into the healthcare industry since the 60s. The correct answer is not forcing people to buy anything. That is an outright violation of the 13th amendment.

The current system allows prices to skyrocket because the government is the biggest buyer of services thus sets the prices and fawns off the costs to doctors who to stay afloat pass it off to non government based customers. I’m already subsidizing those on welfare healthcare. When an ear doc’s office tells me they’ll cut my bill $150 off because I’m paying cash in 2008, it kinda tells you where the problem is. That and the government giving the healthcare industry the right to create monopolies on care and allow back door pricing. I go into get my car fixed and the mechanic has to tell what is wrong and quote a price to fix it. Can or will a hospital tell me how much a surgery is up front? Why do I get charged $10 per aspirin hmm? At Costco I can buy 1000 pills for $10.

Who mandated that hospitals treat everyone? The Feds. Who ultimately pays for it? Everyone not on the dole.

Long story short, I’m not Carly’s wench and I’m not Obama’s slave. The Fed government does not own me. You give them this power and you are a slave.

oryguncon on September 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Anti-ControI on September 24, 2015 at 10:57 PM

That’s great, what a classic post…

Full of facts and detail retort, I think that frames your intellect just perfect…thanks for posting.

And someone, somewhere, might even understand what you posted…

right2bright on September 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM

NWConservative on September 25, 2015 at 1:15 AM

And each of them were not the most “liked” so thanks for giving us the facts to back up my statement.

If you think the poll numbers are wrong on the head to head, or do not matter…than the other poll numbers can’t be accurate or of any value either…you don’t go through an extensive poll, and pick out the ones that you like and don’t like…the poll is an analysis of a whole.

More people are saying the would not vote for Trump, than say they would…and that alone should make people pause and think a little about how Trump is perceived and how he is going to overcome that amazing stat…a most unusual stat…but consistent with all the polls, so it is accurate and pertinent.

right2bright on September 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM

anotherJoe on September 25, 2015 at 6:08 AM

You sure spend a lot of time supporting Boxer…

I guess it surprises you that Boxer created hit pieces against Carly…that the dems actually attack the Republican’s…

And it is always helpful when “Republicans” (and I doubt you are) become the mouthpiece for liberals…what do they call people like that? Oh yeah, useful idiots.

right2bright on September 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM

But the dogs keep coming home neutered.
“Cry havoc“

katy the mean old lady on September 24, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Funny considering the other night when Trump was the one neutered at the debate…pretty sure Trumps voice is a little higher pitched lately.

right2bright on September 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM

right2bright on September 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM

I didn’t think it was possible, but I think Trump has been crying more than Boehner ever since he flopped in the CNN debate. Maybe they can get together tonight for a bro-crying session.

TBSchemer on September 25, 2015 at 1:21 PM

inspectorudy on September 25, 2015

I’m with you on this inspectorudy, and I would also add that there is a particular tendency on the part of some to gloss over their preferred candidates’ similar or exact same problems. For example, some Trump supporters excoriate Fiorina’s kind words toward Mrs. Clinton but completely disregard Mr. Trump’s more thorough, longstanding admiration for Mrs. Clinton. This seems to occur on Hot Air threads more than other places.

JonPrichard on September 25, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Must have been the mushrooms on my house salad at Texas Roadhouse tonight. I thought I saw a liberal democrat (echo) saying something like, “Now there is a requirement for people to take personal responsibility.”

WTF? How could she vote for anyone advocating that?

NoPain on September 27, 2015 at 7:22 PM