Video: When sensitive dudes who don’t like cops put on a cop’s uniform

posted at 4:01 pm on September 11, 2015 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via Newsbusters, this isn’t as irritating as that “I’m a Christian but I’m not a jerk” video that BuzzFeed put out earlier this week but it’s plenty irritating. What insight is gained by having people who distrust the police don the blue, only to proclaim that they still feel the same way five minutes later? When BuzzFeed has done these young-fish-out-of-liberal-water stunts in the past, they’ve had the good sense to include a few kids in the resulting vid who found themselves surprised to have enjoyed the experience. There’s a lesson in that about not letting yourself be forced into boycotting what the other party does for fun just because your political allies frown upon it. All you get from this clip is a bunch of guys saying “cops are scary jerks,” followed by them dressing up like cops and remarking that they now look like scary jerks. Lesson: Cops are scary jerks any way you slice it! Good talk, BuzzFeed. Coming soon, hopefully: Young leftists don three-piece suits and hang out in the lobby of Goldman Sachs. Will this change their views of bankers and capitalism? Stay tuned.

Here’s the clip, plus Greg Gutfeld’s take on it from “The Five.” What would the young-fish-out-of-conservative-water equivalent of the “liberals go to the gun range” clip be? Conservatives go to … the abortion clinic, maybe? Don’t laugh. Some feminists will tell you that that’s supposed to be an enjoyable experience. Actually, I think it’d be fun and cheeky if BuzzFeed or the IJ Review or whoever invited a bunch of tea partiers to a Washington cocktail party thrown by GOP consultants, as admission to those fabled parties is supposed to be the siren song that’s forever luring candy-ass RINO sellouts like me to dump on classy populist heroes like Donald Trump. The D.C. cocktail party is supposedly ground zero of establishment treachery; some will tell you in hushed tones that Karl Rove puts on a goat’s-head mask and leads chants to Obama’s greatness. Why not let some true-believing grassroots conservatives in and see what happens?

Comments

Sheep can’t be sheepdogs.

rogerb on September 11, 2015 at 4:02 PM

But liberal beta-males are our superiors.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Hey…. I thought that was Sean Penn at first… carry on.

ExpressoBold on September 11, 2015 at 4:05 PM

“It burns! It burns!”

otlset on September 11, 2015 at 4:07 PM

So gay.

Pork-Chop on September 11, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Honestly, I see jerk before I see hero.

Me too, dude. The bad news is, I’m pretty sure that would be the case looking at you regardless of what you were wearing.

Hate to break this to ya dude, but it’s not the uniform. It’s the jerk wearing it. Or at least, trying (and failing) to wear it.

GrumpyOldFart on September 11, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Video: When sensitive dudes who don’t like cops dudes put on a cop’s uniform

BigWyo on September 11, 2015 at 4:08 PM

When is the millennial beard going way? Some of them look like they are homeless and off meds.

Oil Can on September 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Sheep can’t be sheepdogs.

rogerb on September 11, 2015 at 4:02 PM

No – but pigs can…..

OK, now that I’ve written that, and considering the subject – it is NOT a slur about cops – just a reference to the movie Babe.

dentarthurdent on September 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM

After watching that video and those babbling idiots I can understand police brutality a lot more than I used to. If you had a baton and no one was looking…welllll

sharrukin on September 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM

My gaydar pegged out.

faraway on September 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Looks like the typical stolen valor type who should never be allowed to wear a uniform for an honorable profession – military, police, fire….

dentarthurdent on September 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM

I see an uber driver.

Christien on September 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Was this an NRO PajamaBoy party?

faraway on September 11, 2015 at 4:17 PM

sharrukin on September 11, 2015 at 4:11 PM

I definitely get that urge when I read certain news stories about thugs in action.
If I was a cop, I’d have a hard time NOT beating some of them to a bloody pulp – and I’m feeling more and more like a lot of them need and deserve it.

dentarthurdent on September 11, 2015 at 4:18 PM

GrumpyOldFart on September 11, 2015 at 4:08 PM

You just know that these liberal beta jerks who constantly whine about oppression and patriarchy or whatnot would be the most arrogant crooked cops out there if they actually were given any shred of power instead of just playing dress-up. Look what happens whenever one of them stumbles into elected office…

Gingotts on September 11, 2015 at 4:18 PM

I see an uber driver.

Christien on September 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

LOL!
I see a cop wannabe pretending to be a cop, who would be the one to pull over a real cop….

dentarthurdent on September 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Right – they say that now … but after a few drinks, every one of these guys will be trolling the bars, desperately searching for a hot cop in tight pants, with a BIG nightstick …

Pork-Chop on September 11, 2015 at 4:21 PM

dentarthurdent on September 11, 2015 at 4:18 PM

I could never be a cop. I would kill somebody. Especially if they hurt kids.

sharrukin on September 11, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Beta males have to be embarrassed by these guys.

rbj on September 11, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Why did they stop at playing dress-up? Why not do some ride-alongs in Detroit, East St Louis, South Central or Southside Chicago?

HumpBot Salvation on September 11, 2015 at 4:25 PM

HumpBot Salvation on September 11, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Great minds, and all that.
;-)

pambi on September 11, 2015 at 4:47 PM

When beta males play dress up alpha.

Rode Werk on September 11, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Put these pansies in a Marine dress uniform and watch them turn to dust.

CurtZHP on September 11, 2015 at 4:57 PM

OK, which one of you is messing with the time machine again?

CurtZHP on September 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM

The fundamental thing is that these guys hate themselves and then project that on the police in varying ways and degrees. The infantile, narcissist White House 0bamanation lawless, fascist, bigoted traitor is a perfect example of this. Those of us without that hangup don’t have that problem, proving how as usual the police usually aren’t the problem.

russedav on September 11, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Cross-Dressers.

Nothing more.

BobMbx on September 11, 2015 at 5:14 PM

In the same way Cindy Crawford, dressed in a potato sack is hot, these guys ( term used loosely), look like losers no matter what they wear.

Lord Whorfin on September 11, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Weird becasue everytime I put on an officer’s uniform my wife & kids hugged me and asked me to come home safe.

Conservative4Ever on September 11, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Conservative4Ever on September 11, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Obama feels this same way every day he wakes up and puts on the Presidential suit.

portlandon on September 11, 2015 at 5:49 PM

All these boys are fairies, sissies scared of themselves in the mirror. The one who is going straight to hell is the dork who said he was the son/grandson of cops, yet he is forthcoming with plenty of dismissive snide comments and insulting attitude that any progressive cop-hater would feel happy to own. Your ancestors are even more ashamed of you than you are of them, pajama boy.

fitzsweetpea on September 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM

The uniform itself doesn’t mean dick.

Not until you’ve completed the extensive background check, thorough training and done the job for a few years do you really know what it’s about.

This video is as informative as taping some kids standing behind the POTUS podium and saying, “I don’t feel presidential.”

Stupid waste of bandwidth.

RedNewEnglander on September 11, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Sooooooooooooooo sensitive.

Ugh. How exactly do these guys get laid? How many showings of Brokeback Mountain can you it through just to get a little somethin’ somethin’?

princetrumpet on September 11, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Whenever I see something like this I wonder how this would be viewed back in say the 1940s when men were actually men.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 11, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Any jerk can put on a uniform, but they shouid go ride a week with a real policeman to get together full experience. Playing dress up is way too lame.

Techster64 on September 11, 2015 at 7:53 PM

“Someone with your qualifications would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries.”

PushTheButtonMax on September 11, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Oil Can on September 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Not until millennial women stop putting up with it.

MrsGsBoyTommy on September 11, 2015 at 9:05 PM

No post on the cop who tackled retired tennis star and now the whole city has egg on their face because as the #BLM has said this happens ALL THE TIME. Hey Black guy..you fit the description!!! But it’s not all cops right? No post on the story about the cop who was a whistle blower on his racist police chief and is now getting death threats from people in his community?! Guess those stories don’t fit the narrative that “liberals hate cops for no reason” that you guys want to push huh? I get it

Politricks on September 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Do you even watch CNN? They explained why Blake was tackled — he was identified by the suspect they’d just arrested in the lobby as the other perpetrator in a fraudulent credit card purchase worth $18,000. The two guys arrested (who were both white) claimed on their website that a black man was in charge — a man who was, according the CNN, a dead ringer for Blake. [That man has also been cleared as innocent.]

Hey Black guy..you fit the description!!! But it’s not all cops right?

No, it’s not all cops. In fact, the cop who took down Blake had reasonable suspicion. But liberals really do hate cops. Your comment here is

This guy? Hmm. The jury is out but why didn’t he speak up before leaving the department?

The recent allegations made by Mr Michael Wood are serious and very troubling. The Police Commissioner has made clear that the Baltimore Police Department will never tolerate malicious conduct.

We hope that during his time as both a sworn member and as a sergeant with supervisory obligations, Mr Wood reported these disturbing allegations at the time of their occurrence. If he did not, we strongly encourage him to do so now, so that our Internal Affairs Division can begin an immediate investigation.

In a recently published letter to the Baltimore Sun, the Police Commissioner made clear that his reform efforts remain focused on rooting out the type of conduct that is alleged.

Politricks on September 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM

I’m sure liberals have plenty of reasons to kill cops. They do it so often…

unclesmrgol on September 11, 2015 at 11:18 PM

I see members of The Village People…

WestVirginiaRebel on September 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM

Oil Can on September 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM

I agree.

thatsafactjack on September 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM

Sissies dressed as cops: Hey, man, how’s a dude s’posedta walk with all this stuff hangin’ from his belt?

Real cops can outrun criminals while carrying a gun, Taser, handcuffs, and a nightstick on their belts.

One thing missing from the cop uniform on these imposters: courage.

Steve Z on September 12, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Oil Can on September 11, 2015 at 4:10 PM

It’s the only way they can show masculinity.

Steve Z on September 12, 2015 at 12:27 AM

They need to take it up a notch.

Re-create The Stanford prison experiment. With some modifications.

reaganaut on September 12, 2015 at 12:27 AM

I could never be a cop. I would kill somebody. Especially if they hurt kids.

sharrukin on September 11, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Ya, same here – and the elderly.

dentarthurdent on September 12, 2015 at 12:31 AM

You gave it way, you have been on the RINO DC Cocktail party circuit.

airupthere on September 12, 2015 at 12:43 AM

None of those clowns are even fit to shine the shoes of a cop.

I can, however, see them in a McDonald’s apron and hairnet. It’s just about their speed.

WhirledPeas on September 12, 2015 at 1:32 AM

I remember after one of the shootings, some cops took a local activist (a pastor iirc) through one of their “shoot or don’t shoot” trainings. First time he was “killed,” second time he killed an unarmed man, third time I think he killed an armed man. He said that it was very enlightening, and gave him new perspective on what the cops go through. He would still advocate his position, but in a different way with new directions.

Too bad BuzzFeed didn’t try something that might, you know, TEACH.

RblDiver on September 12, 2015 at 3:28 AM

They must have thought they were putting on a “onesie” instead of a police uniform.

NoPain on September 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM

They’re not “beta-bros” or “beta males,” because those are bull—-, made-up expressions. They’re just left-wing dolts.

bmmg39 on September 12, 2015 at 11:36 AM

More liberal fascination with empty suits.

TimBuk3 on September 12, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Too bad BuzzFeed didn’t try something that might, you know, TEACH.

RblDiver on September 12, 2015 at 3:28 AM

Something like that happened to me in the video game “Heavy Rain”, I’m really bad at video games so I get killed all the time, in the game there’s a scene where a totally crazy guy rushed me investigating his apartment. The first time I killed him, it was a chastening experience.

Esperanza on September 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Politricks on September 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Look at that, start making fun of beta males and Parlortricks appears to defend his kind.

F X Muldoon on September 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM