Ben Carson seems to be missing from some key poll findings

posted at 1:31 pm on September 7, 2015 by Jazz Shaw

Yesterday we took a look at that new NBC News / Marist poll out of New Hampshire and Iowa which had the cable news talking heads all excited for a few hours. It was a pretty good poll as these things go and certainly contained plenty of information relevant to the current state of the race heading into the next GOP debate. But having had a while to ponder the findings I noticed something odd. They’re polling pretty much the entire relevant field in both parties when it comes to the primary battles, but when they go to the hypothetical matchups for the general election, isn’t there somebody missing?

Just as a reminder, they put up the allegedly full results on scribd.com for Iowa and New Hampshire. As you’ll see toward the end of the questionnaire they matched up Hillary Clinton and her chief contender, Bernie Sanders. Those are natural choices, of course. (They tossed in Biden as a wild card in some spots since he’s drawing a lot of headlines this month.) And they put them against Trump which is also a no brainer since he’s the frontrunner pretty much everywhere. But where is the matchup between Hillary and Ben Carson? Or any Democrat and Carson for that matter? The guy is in a virtual tie with Trump in Iowa in some polls (22% in this one) and ranks very high among the rest of the field in New Hampshire.

Instead, they skipped several slots in the Iowa GOP standings and pitted Clinton against… Jeb Bush? You skipped the guy raking in 22% of the support to go with the guy polling at 6%, folks. What’s up with that? And to top it off, instead of going with Bernie Sanders, you next put Trump and Bush against Joe Biden who isn’t even in the race.

Granted, it’s possible that they did ask the question and just didn’t publish every single result they tallied, but that seems unlikely. And even if it were the case, isn’t that even more insulting to gather the data and then just not bother releasing it? A call placed to Marist to ask about this issue was not returned.

Making it seem all the more odd is that there actually was a recent poll which asked about Carson in the general election. Granted, it’s from PPP and their results unsurprisingly have Hillary Clinton doing a bit better than any of the other big name surveys, but it still sheds some light on the state of affairs. (Washington Times)

Retired neurosurgeon and GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson is tied in a head-to-head matchup with Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton and fares better against the former secretary of state than do other Republican presidential candidates, according to a survey released Thursday.

Mr. Carson and Mrs. Clinton were tied at 44 percent apiece, according to the survey from the Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling, and Mr. Carson had an 8-point, 43 percent to 35 percent advantage over Mrs. Clinton among independents.

The PPP poll can be reviewed here.

I suppose that leaves the obvious exit question. Marist isn’t the only one doing this. I know we’re supposed to be fed the idea that Bush is somehow still inevitable and all, but the guy is getting absolutely crushed by Carson in some fairly key locations. Might it not be worth tossing Carson into the general election mix and, if not, what’s the reason for excluding him?

Comments

Meh, on making the exception to the rules, just for her, just because…well we know why.

I call her Fiorita on purpose, always, and will not stop :)

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Yes, we do…because she is polling in the top 5 in each of the states where they are now campaigning.

right2bright on September 7, 2015 at 2:56 PM

OT but very telling

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM

This too

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM

That’s what President Trump should do. Put people in places of bureaucracy leadership with the sole mandate of shutting them down.

davidk on September 7, 2015 at 2:55 PM

…talk about “pledges”…ANY Republican POTUS should do that…only a select few will…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Carson is undeniably brilliant

Meredith on September 7, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Consider the (leftist) source.

Meredith … the biggest Romneybot that to this day continues to be all gaga about Romney.

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Carson’s not included because the media refuse to believe there is such a thing as a black Republican, so he is erased as best they can, like an out of favor apparatchik in Soviet Russia.
Don’t worry, he’ll get the Clarence Thomas treatment if he really gets out in front.
The media’s message is clear and blunt: You leave the plantation, you will pay.

Doc Holliday on September 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

The phrase “illegal immigration” is incorrect, since immigration can only be done legally. Please call it what it is, ILLEGAL INVASION. (Seems ive heard that somewhere before.) :-D

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Says the guy whose candidate’s (Trump) economic policies are endorsed by ultra-leftie Paul Krugman and who railed against the NRA in his books.

Norwegian on September 7, 2015 at 2:03 PM

I railed against the NRA too a few years ago. Something about them going along with a certain gun control bill and supporting a senator that did the same. They had the balls to call me for a donation and I unloaded on them. The caller wasn’t aware of it, and to top if off, they couldn’t understand why that would stop me from sending them more money.

I haven’t to this day rejoined the NRA, but I have 10 times more weapons and 100 times more ammo than I did then.

Anyway, I don’t support Carson for pres either. He’s acting as a soft spoken nice guy. The more I hear this soft spoken nice guy routine the less I believe the picture he’s trying to paint of himself. I’m not buying it. He also has to backtrack and change direction too often. He is not like Trump in regard to his old positions on things….Carson’s positions haven’t really changed, I don’t believe him when he asserts they have, and he doesn’t directly say they have either. I think he’s just fluffing his positions extra hard to closer fit to the party he’s running for. I do think Trump has actually changed his positions from left-middle to middle and far right, Carson hasn’t.

Until, or IF, Trump spirals down and augers in I’ll support him. Nobody else looks promising enough or has enough fortitude to actually do what they pretend to want to do, and I don’t think any form of amnesty has any place at all in America today. Either way, I’m not voting progressive establishment RINO.

Jebbyclown can go pack salty sand in his backside, he isn’t even a consideration. Nor is Carson with his lovey-dovey views on immigration and his heartfelt love for those poor, criminal invaders.

Andy__B on September 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM

I call her Fiorita on purpose, always, and will not stop :)

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 2:52 PM

I don’t see it as ‘making an exception to the rules’. I see it as reflecting the real dynamics.

Who was leading in the polls in June?

Jeb Bush surges to lead GOP pack in new 2016 poll

Just think: If CNN had gone back to 19 January 2012 and taken an average to determine who would be with the ‘big boys’ in the September 2015 debate, Rick Santorum would be standing next to Trump wearing a sweater vest shouting ‘I won Iowa in 2012!!!’

It wouldn’t only be meaningless, it would be stupid and completely misleading.

I’d take Carly Fiorina over a bunch of those ‘klown-nose-on-klown-nose-off-causes-klown-kar-krackups big boys’ any day.

Bishbop on September 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

The media’s message is clear and blunt: You leave the plantation, you will pay.

Doc Holliday on September 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

…The Skank’s server contains a treasure trove of how to “impeach” the Black man

…Left-Tards = hypocrites…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM

R2B. “His economic is good though”.???

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM

BTW – a Happy Labor Day to ALL at HA…

..agree or disagree…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 3:05 PM

From Aljazeera America:

Ben Carson rises, delivering same tune as Trump in a different key:

No, I think Carson is off key.

The idea that Carson basically agrees with Trump is just astonishing.

Most fundamentally, Carson disagrees with Trump on deportation and amnesty:

With Carson saying: a path to citizenship is “the only humane and reasonable thing to do.”

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Bishbop on September 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

She ran as a leftie and lost against that ugly thing, from the inside, Boxer. Fiorita is no good, for 1001 reasons. She nauseates me.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM

At this stage our country needs a nationalistic pr!ck who isn’t afraid to tell Mexico and other countries to go to hell. That isn’t carson.

bw222 on September 7, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Bishbop on September 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Fiorita is another amnesty shill that Fox et al have been uncritically pushing around the clock.

The liberal California Republican Fiarino get her money from the very liberal “deep pocketed donors in the Silicon Valley” and from Univision. Sounds insane, but true: http://www.vdare.com/letters/a-reader-says-to-follow-the-fiorina-donor-money
~

A good expose: http://www.vdare.com/posts/devatating-daniel-horowitz-critique-of-carly-fiorina-cheap-labor-lobby-waitress

An excerpt:

In 2010 Carly affirmed her support for the DREAM Act amnesty. The year before, in a letter to Obama, Fiorina wrote: “We must enact comprehensive immigration reform so we continue to attract entrepreneurs and hardworking people from all over the world…”

Carly also opposed fixing the birthright citizenship loophole…

In February 2013, when the Gang of 8 released the worst comprehensive amnesty bill of our time, Carly was one of its biggest cheerleaders on the Sunday shows. Appearing on Meet the Press, she said “I applaud and salute the Gang of Eight`s proposal. Let`s move forward and vote on that.” She appeared on This Week on February 3 praising the bill…

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Look, I get what a lot of you are saying about Carson’s past positions and whether or not he’s the right conservative choice. Valid points for debate. I’m simply asking why you would run a poll and include Bush (6%) in the general election matchup and purposely skip Carson who, at least in Iowa, is beating Bush by a 4 to 1 margin. Seems off to me.

Jazz Shaw on September 7, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Seriously, I don’t know why they are leaving Carson off of polls. I’m guessing there is some sort of reason for this involved with manipulating opinion, but it runs exactly opposite to what I have previously thought, that the liberal mainstream is pushing Carson’s favorability to cause a split in the vote with Trump. So it’s an interesting point you bring up, and I have to say I agree with Shadenfreude on this that these days you’re the contributor I look forward most to reading. I never thought I’d feel that way, but I guess things change.

Burke on September 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM

I am not a cheerleader. In fact, I don’t even know for whom I will vote in 2016, if I do. All that I do know is that I will never vote to return the Clinton Crime Family back to the White House.

That said, there are a lot of Republicans who are ‘no good, for 1001 reasons’ and ‘nauseate me.’

Chris Christie?

Jeb Bush?

Mike Huckabee?

John Kasich?

They make me nauseous…and talk about ‘running as a leftist’! That’s bad, but do you know what is worse? GOVERNING AS A LEFTY WHEN YOU RAN AS A RIGHTY.

Christie = 9 credit downgrades, more government intrusion, not a big defender of the First, Second, and Fourth Amendments.

Bush = ‘Undocumented Americans’ only committed ‘acts of love’

Huckabee = Big government, tax increases, more regulation, pardoning criminals like the one that went on to murder 4 cops, diabetes snake oil salesman, Michelle Obama fan, more welfare with a heaping helping of Southern Baptist moralising thrown in.

Kasich = Raised ‘fees’, expanded Medicare over the objections of Ohioans and the legislature because ‘Jesus made him do it’, claims to have balanced the Federal budget 4 years in a row but leaves out the part about raiding numerous ‘Trust Funds’ to do it.

Bishbop on September 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM

…Paul’s voting record is as conservative as Cruz…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Heritage foundation rating

Cruz 100% 1st on list
Rubio 92% 5th on list
Paul 87% below Rubio and not even in the top 5.

bgibbs1000 on September 7, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM

In truth, Fiarino ran to the right in the 2010 GOP senate primary, and then in the general election against Boxer went sharply left or tried to be “non-ideological” in a pitiful Romneyesque issue skirting type of way: http://contrapundit1.blogspot.com/2010/09/fiorina-take-stand-or-lose.html

As far as going left in the general election, we have this report:

During the primary, Fiorina aggressively positioned herself to the right… Let’s not abandon Carly Fiorina, but lest you be under some impression that she’ll be solidly and forthrightly with us in the Senate, understand what you are getting. The moment the great lurch left began came this past Wednesday, September 1st, when Fiorina let loose three bombshells on conservatives:

* Fiorina endorsed Federal funding of embryonic stem-cell research for “extra” embyros.
* Fiorina endorsed the California DREAM Act, which grants in-state tuition to illegal immigrants.
* Fiorina refused to endorse California’s Proposition 23, which suspends the job-killing AB 32 climate-change law.
~
If the cap & trade pushing Fiarino were to get the GOP nomination we could expect her to go painfully to the left in the general election. Because … that’s her record!

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Whoever the nominee is we’d better make sure it’s not someone who will simply be an extension of the political machine and continue with business as usual because this president decided to rule by his will alone… and the political class, mechanics of the political machine, bowed low.

Obama’s Final 500 Days
People from across the political spectrum suggest criminal justice reforms the president should enact during his remaining time in office.

thatsafactjack on September 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Fully agreed Bishbop

This is too funny

The Summer of Trump Has These Republicans Seeking a September Reset

Good luck with that. They still don’t get it.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:30 PM

thatsafactjack on September 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Amen

I fear the last 500 days the most, Sept., with his other minion, the pope, among my biggest fears.

Howdy J.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Heritage foundation rating

Cruz 100% 1st on list
Rubio 92% 5th on list
Paul 87% below Rubio and not even in the top 5.

bgibbs1000 on September 7, 2015 at 3:25 PM

…and you believe Rubio has a more conservative voting record than Paul…BWA-A-A-A-A-A-A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

…good one…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM

I will never forgive the maj. of fools who brung/kept such a fool into the presidency.

I blame the Rs beyond words. Even I run out of words on this topic. 2008 was one thing, but 2012 is unforgivable.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM

…good one…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM

I’m not telling you I believe anything of the sort. I posted the Heritage foundation ratings for conservative voting. You can laugh all you want, does not change how they voted.

bgibbs1000 on September 7, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Carson=”the only humane and reasonable thing to do”??? You talkin about american workers and american children?? Or illegal invaders?? Jeezuz H. Criste!! Try thinking about Americans best interests first!! We and our children are dreamers too, idiot!!

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM

bgibbs1000 on September 7, 2015 at 3:35 PM

..so my posts showing Paul’s voting record being more conservative than Cruz was all bullshit…GOT IT…LOL…

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Also, the gun control pushing Dr. Ben Carson has some puzzling positions. One is, in a bald-faced pander to Iowa, advocacy of a 30% alcohol in our gas.

This very expensive federal subsidy and federal mandate to require that that [email protected] be in our gas raises the cost of both food and gas, reduces mileage, and does harm to our engines!

C R A Z Y:

Ben Carson on wanting a 30% Ethanol Standard:

In Iowa, speaking about renewable energy, Carson began with a classic conservative talking point, before veering into liberal territory.

“I don’t particularly like the idea of government subsidies for anything because it interferes with the natural free market,” Carspm began. “Therefore, I would probably be in favor of taking that $4 billion a year we spend on oil subsidies and using that in new fueling stations” for 30% ethanol blends, he said, arguing gas prices would drop [bs] and the environment would benefit. [“the environment would benefit” … in what way? this is climate change claptrap from Ben Carson, as the only basis for saying that “the environment would benefit” is if you accept the leftist theory on climate change, and even that is questionable]

Carson’s proposed subsidies are far larger than anything that’s been put on the table to date…

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Since you appear to be stupid enough to care about the polls at this point, perhaps you should commission your own.

If you pay for a poll, you get to specify what it polls. If you don’t pay for it, you don’t get to do that.

Funny how stupid libertarians always are about the basics of their own purported philosophy, eh?

Adjoran on September 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM

You can argue that Trump is smart–if paying off politicians is your preferred way of doing business–but Carson is undeniably brilliant. More than that he IS wise, which Trump is not. So in your insult you have accidently stumbled upon an important truth.

Someone on the radio mentioned that his son is constantly being taught in school that “character matters.”

Carson has integrity, and Trump does not. And even less-informed voters sense that.

Meredith on September 7, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Exhibit A as to why people should be a little wary of the Carson push from the GOPe.

Redstone on September 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM

I don’t get how Carson is getting this poll performance without making any news. I’m sure some here know his positions and plans but the public probably doesn’t. Seems fishy.

virgo on September 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Welcome to the Paul family’s world, Ben.

TBSchemer on September 7, 2015 at 3:51 PM

davidk on September 7, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Rubio in the dept of education: http://samepagenation.com/2015/09/rubio-i-honestly-think-we-dont-need-a-department-of-education/

davidk on September 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Put John Tammy in charge of dismantling the EPA:

Tamny said, “We should abolish the EPA precisely because we want to help the environment. The EPA is a barrier to economic growth, yet economic growth has been proven time after time again the best way to fix the environment. So abolish it and help it.”

davidk on September 7, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Also, the gun control pushing Dr. Ben Carson has some puzzling positions. One is, in a bald-faced pander to Iowa Carson advocates 30% alcohol in our gas.

That Carson advocates such a crazy position that goes beyond the pale of any type of conservative or even standard rationale indicates to me that Carson values Iowa, and Carson is purely an opportunist that would like to be elected president and is saying the stuff about alcohol in our gas not for any conservative reason but only because he thinks it will help him get elected.

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM

End it all: https://www.facebook.com/abolishthefeds

davidk on September 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM

TBSchemer. Lol!! Yeah, its everyone elses fault that rand or ron arent taken seriously. Geez!!

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Rand paul saying republicans were responsible for isis was disgusting as was his sandbox fight with christie in the last debate…

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Good grief! I’m definitely not on the ball today. When it comes to Republican candidates that make me nauseous, I – somehow – completely overlooked the Syrup of Ipecac in the GOP field, Miss Scarlett Graham.

If he promised to wear a dress made from Miss Ellen’s portières to the Inaugural Balls, I might – might- vote for him. It could possibly be the price of admission.

Mammy: What you up to with Miss Ellen’s portiers?

Scarlett: You’re gonna make me a new dress.

Mammy: Not with Miss Ellen’s portiers. Not while I got breath in my body.

Scarlett [grabbing the curtains and tears them down]: Great balls of fire! They’re my portiers now. I’m going to Atlanta for that three hundred dollars and I’ve got to go looking like a queen.

Mammy: Who’s goin’ to Atlanta wit’ you?

Scarlett: I’m going alone.

Mammy: That’s what you think. I’se goin’ to Atlanta with you. With you and that new dress.

Scarlett: Mammy, darling….

Mammy: No use to try to sweettalk me, Miss Scarlett. I’se known you since I put the first pair of diapers on you. I said I’m goin’ to Atlanta with you and goin’ I is.

Great balls of fire, indeed! They’d be the only balls Lindsay Graham ever possessed.

Bishbop on September 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Enjoy the circus. Maybe they’ll take y’all to the zoo next week.
Adjoran on May 20, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 3:31 PM

I’m concerned about his alliance with the Pope, too.

It’s these last 500 days when Obama will double his efforts to rule by his will alone.

Redistribution will be highest on his list and the interest of this nation last.

thatsafactjack on September 7, 2015 at 4:19 PM

the Syrup of Ipecac in the GOP field, Miss Scarlett Graham

Bishbop on September 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM

lol

Axe on September 7, 2015 at 4:19 PM

After obama anyone from the white pages is qualified.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM

White Pages Are Racist!

smokeyblonde on September 7, 2015 at 4:31 PM

thatsafactjack on September 7, 2015 at 4:19 PM

The passive-aggressive Narcissist, and cornered snake, in full action, indeed.

Thought of it, smokeyblonde, after I hit submit, grinned.

Gathering of wicked minds around here :)

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Axe, you too :)

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Bishbop, please consider a write up of the duopoly of world minions, the Pope and the Oaf, together in DC in Sept.

The two minions will focus on:

New tax, global redistr. of wealth, based on the “climate change” b.s.

The obama/Hillary caused ‘migration’ to Western Europe, Canada and the USA

The illegal invasion of the USA, for endless slave labor, blue and white color, with veil of “humanity” and Jeb-love.

I’m sure you’ll add your own. Thank you in advance.

The one minion visits the other one, via Cuba, to destroy the West further.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Let me utter that terrible word that would never be spoken in polite company … RACISM

J_Crater on September 7, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Welcome to the Paul family’s world, Ben.

TBSchemer PMSh!thead on September 7, 2015 at 3:51 PM

…it’s your condition!…………you can’t even get a response for your trolling anymore.

JugEarsButtHurt on September 7, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Norwegian on September 7, 2015

This thread is about Carson, are you lost or just suffering from an obsession?

Meremortal on September 7, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Carson is undeniably brilliant

Meredith on September 7, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Just like Jimmy Carter.

Meremortal on September 7, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Anyone that meredith approves as a candidate is obviously someone to run from, far and fast.

Now ignore the feeble attempt forthcoming using reverse psychology. You can’t be insane and use reverse psychology properly.

Andy__B on September 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM

jugears. Sorry, I gave T…BS a mild response earlier. Please forgive me, ill never do it again. :-D

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Watch what the right-wing media does to Carson. What they’ve started to do to him is what they did to both Pauls.

This is how they control you and make you vote for the “lesser of two evils,” instead of actually choosing a small-government candidate.

TBSchemer on September 7, 2015 at 6:50 PM

JugEarsButtHurt on September 7, 2015 at 5:13 PM

You responded. ;)

TBSchemer on September 7, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM

…see!…all he did…was take a sh!t again!

JugEarsButtHurt on September 7, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Actually, Jazz asks a good question. Remember, these polls are being used to determine who should be in future debates. Most these polls are done on the cheap, but PPP has a well deserved reputation for tilting for Dem or left wing causes. And this is before any of the primary votes are cast. Something to think about, Hmm…

flackcatcher on September 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Welcome to the Paul family’s world, Ben.

TBSchemer on September 7, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Sorry, but Les Paul died several years ago.

Del Dolemonte on September 7, 2015 at 7:26 PM

TBS wants to be part of the Rue Paul family…..

Indiana Jim on September 7, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Ben Carson comes across to me as a squishy republican version of Jimmy Carter.

……nice smile, very meek presenter, soft-spoken, and with very little political expertise.

NO THANK YOU.

Lived through the Carter debacle, no desire to have a gop version of it.

PappyD61 on September 7, 2015 at 8:13 PM

There’s something weird about Carson. When you get to the end of his tirade in his book America the Beautiful about how badly we treat those poor illegals, he offers what he thinks is a great solution: guest worker programs: Gee, Canadians use them and they work. Well, we have had and probably still do have guest worker programs, lots of them. Lou Dobbs used to enumerate them frequently on his show before LaRaza forced him off. Some even had no caps on the numbers of workers. It’s just that there are restrictions built into them and employers prefer the cheaper and easier illegals.

So, first, why does Carson talk as though this is something new? Or, second, why doesn’t he say that it is NON-ENFORCEMENT of our laws that is to blame? You can’t have guest worker programs that work without enforcement. So THAT is the problem, not the programs.

If he is so smart, why would he write something he knows so little about? I think someone is pulling his strings. Or, at least, the RINOs are going to push him and use him in some way. I hope the voting public, which seems to be mainly concerned with illegal immigration learns that Carson is NOT our friend on this issue.

memyselfni on September 7, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Meredith, Carson is brilliant as a surgeon but what does that have to do with being president of the U.S?

cimbri on September 7, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Carson=Koch Bros=Establishment. No thanks. Don’t want.

Mr. Arrogant on September 7, 2015 at 10:56 PM

I think most conservatives don’t want Marxist care just diminished, they want it gone completely. And I think they want government out of health care completely. I know I do.

bgibbs1000 on September 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Privatized all the way, indeed.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 11:36 PM

anotherJoe on September 7, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Still peddling your made up stories…

I will keep it simple…

Show us where Carly Fiorina has taken or received money from Univision…you keep posting that and I have asked for you to show us proof.

It should be easy, since if any radio station gives to a candidate, it has be recorded and made public.

I cannot find any evidence that Univision has given any money to Carly.

I see where someone who once had interest Univision (owned the majority of stock), over a decade ago, before selling it to the current liberal owners gave money…but he is not a known liberal by any means, he is a very private person.

What a strange accusation…someone who owned stock over a dozen years ago, sold it, and has now contributed to Carly’s campaign, I think he also contributed to Ted Cruz.

And the rest of what you continuously quote is a fabrication…with no basis of fact.

So you should start off by stating “In my opinion” since your post is full of flush-able stuff.

right2bright on September 8, 2015 at 2:38 AM

bgibbs1000 on September 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Then Trump is not your man…seeing as he wants single payer, and all people covered…he likes the Canadian system, only he wants more government control.

right2bright on September 8, 2015 at 2:39 AM

The MSM wants Trump or Bush as the republican candidates because they are both beatable in the general election. It’s their version of Rush’s Operation Chaos(except Rush has been fooled on this one)!
Carson (or Fiorina or Rubio) would crush the Dems in the general. So…no publicity for you…

essequam on September 8, 2015 at 6:55 AM

right2bright on September 8, 2015 at 2:39 AM

That is not his position, and you would know that if you’d watched the debate. He said it works for Canada, but it’s not right for the United States.

If you want to argue about whether or not it is working for Canada (which has nothing to do with what Trump favors for us), then you have to include the ability of Canadians to easily access US medical care facilities, and the advantages to Canada having single payer such as the absurdly low prices they pay for US drugs because of our ridiculous ‘free trade’ agreements.

There is a very good reason Harper’s conservative Canadian government didn’t remove single payer.

Trump is not an ideologue. Those who want one should look elsewhere, but Carson and Fiorina are even worse choices for that.

fadetogray on September 8, 2015 at 8:53 AM

essequam:

If Rubio were to be nominated, there would be such a void of people voting R that the Democrat would win hands down. He is hated by conservatives for his complete betrayal of the U.S. with his evil Gang of Eight bill. Even people in Florida, my state, can’t stand him.

Your other two stink also.

memyselfni on September 8, 2015 at 8:57 AM

essequam:

Your other two stink also.

memyselfni on September 8, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Don’t kid yourself. If the Republicans are willing to hold their noses for Trump, they’ll certainly hold their noses for Rubio.

TBSchemer on September 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM

memyselfni:

It’s interesting how Trump fans can ignore the volumes of evidence that collectively show him to be way left of Romney, then someone like Rubio who has been mostly a solid conservative ( not as perfectly as we may like, but way more so than Trump) is dismissed over one position which he has back pedaled from. Evidently Floridians like him enough to keep reelecting him! But my point is not about Rubio, it’s about the MSM building up Trump who will never win the presidency. He’s a charicature of a charicature of a blow hard buffoon! The Republicans have several better candidates who would skewer him in a smaller debate setting. Both Carson and Fiorina have exhibited articulate leadership capabilities far beyond Trump’s bullhorn menstrual schtick!

essequam on September 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM

what’s the reason for excluding him?

Narrative you racist, Narrative.

Gwillie on September 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM

The only possible conclusion: the Left-Wing Media are Racist!

PunditPete on September 8, 2015 at 10:01 AM

fadetogray on September 8, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Donald Trump said he ideally would want the United States to have a single-payer healthcare system such as that in Scotland or Canada, but it wouldn’t work in the U.S. because of state borders.

During the first GOP debate, moderator Bret Baier said to Donald Trump, “15 years ago, you called yourself a liberal on health care. You were for a single-payer system, a Canadian-style system.”

“As far as single payer, it works in Canada,” Trump replied. “It works incredibly well in Scotland. It could have worked in a different age, which is the age you’re talking about here.”

The goal of health care reform, wrote Trump, should be a system that looks a lot like Canada. “

“We must have universal healthcare,” wrote Trump.

Each of those from different interviews and the debate…want more?

Yes, he wants it more expansive, not less…it’s not just the debates, it’s also all of the interviews after to explain…”and you would know that if you’d watched his interviews”

right2bright on September 8, 2015 at 11:25 AM

After obama anyone from the white pages is qualified.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM

White Pages Are Racist!

smokeyblonde on September 7, 2015 at 4:31 PM

On the other hand, Bill likes him some white pages, especially buxom ones in blue dresses. Cigar anyone?

Neitherleftorright on September 8, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Each of those from different interviews and the debate…want more?

right2bright on September 8, 2015 at 11:25 AM

When you pick things he has said from the past, some before he became a politician, without even identifying where and when he is supposed to have said it, you are just spouting meaningless drivel. It is even worse when you quote things he is supposed to have said that aren’t even quotes.

He was clear enough in the debate, if you’d just bothered to listen.

fadetogray on September 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM

TBSchemer on September 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM

You are brain deaf. The invasion matters to some of us, even if you are too thick in the head to understand why.

fadetogray on September 8, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Trump!

Because we tried the narcissist from the left, now let’s try one who says he’s right.

Gravitas baby!

Neitherleftorright on September 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM

the pollsters have really taken off, doesn’t mean anything, see how they can skew anything. just remember unemployment is a poll, the justification for obamacare was a poll think was else politician use polls to justify what they do, by the way the only poll they use are ones that can justify their position

RonK on September 8, 2015 at 12:34 PM

eesquam & TBSchemer: You are so wrong about Rubio. I stand by what I said. It wasn’t just his Gang of Eight betrayal; he is a consummate liar who has been called out for his misrepresenting his past, which was littered with advocacy for illegal aliens. He’s a Hispanic Obama; gives pretty speeches loaded with “conservative” platitudes and lies as well as Obama. And people have largely found this out.

Actually, I voted for Romney and supported him, because he had the nerve to stand up for Americans on illegal immigration, and actually had a good record on it.

Unlike Fiorina and Carson, who have repeatedly said some of the most insulting things possible about American workers. I would write in my cat’s name rather than give either of them a vote.

I have so far not declared myself to be a “Trump supporter” because there is so much time left, but so far he makes more sense on the most important issue of all, and seems to actually LIKE Americans and the U.S.A. much more than the self-centered people that are running. There isn’t a one who has not sold us out, except for a few bottom tier people who will never get the nod.

P.S. Like all other states, Florida has mores low info voters than concerned people voting, which is how Rubio got elected. After all, he’s Hisapanic, and white guilt gives those people a pass. Anyway, the Senate election is the only thing he’s won ONCE. The other times he was elected as a Cuban living in a Cuban district. Big deal.

memyselfni on September 8, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Ben Carson. Leftist out. Typical!

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on September 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM