Biden getting closer to presidential run as Hillary getting closer to going to prison

posted at 6:01 pm on August 13, 2015 by Allahpundit

A Cruz/Warren race is the election America deserves. A Trump/Biden race is the election America wants.

Dude, I think this is happening.

From his vacation spot on Kiawah Island, Mr. Biden is giving the strongest signal yet that he is actively considering making a third run at the presidency. He is asking political allies for advice and gauging the strength of Mrs. Clinton’s campaign as he weighs his options, people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Biden is expected to announce his decision next month…

He’d have to start from scratch. Mr. Biden has no super PAC to back his candidacy with independent fundraising or a network of paid staff in early voting states. And Mrs. Clinton has already signed up some of the party’s most seasoned pollsters, fundraisers and data analysts. His entry also could prompt Mrs. Clinton’s supporters to rally around her if her potentially historic candidacy is threatened.

“She’s been working at this a long time and has built a massive operation,” said Brady Quirk-Garvan, chairman of the Charleston County Democratic Party in South Carolina. “Even people who like the idea of Joe Biden running would have to sit there and think, ‘Can he build an operation that would be able to defeat Hillary in four to six months?’ That’s much harder to do in this day and age than you would think.”

We’re in a weird place politically when Democratic panic over the Clintons leads to the thought, “Hey, how about Joe Biden?” No one’s really answered this point yet:

Don’t forget that Biden’s the only person in America who carries more Obama baggage than Hillary does. The best case you can make for him is that he’s way, way, way more relatable than Herself is, a touch of populism in a campaign dominated thus far by Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, but even that comes with a major caveat that frequently he appears to be, well, a doofus. And unlike Trump or even Sanders, the guy can’t remotely claim to be an “outsider.” He took his seat in the U.S. Senate the same year Hillary Clinton graduated from law school. If there’s any political genius to Biden, it’s that he’s somehow maintained his image as Average Joe despite having been in Washington since the Nixon administration.

But let’s say he gets in. Is that good news or bad news for Democrats? I think a liberal could see it both ways. On the one hand, a three-way race suddenly makes Bernie Sanders much more viable in early states. He’s already at 44 percent in New Hampshire in one poll, ahead of Hillary. If, as everyone expects, Biden siphons off more votes from Clinton in the center than from Sanders on the left, Sanders becomes a serious threat. On the other hand, if lefties have miscalculated and a huge chunk of Berniemania is really just Dems who loathe Hillary, then having Biden jump in means Sanders could effectively collapse. If he falls back to, say, 15 percent of the vote while Hillary and Biden fight over the other 85, all the “Berniemania” press he’s getting for his rallies will evaporate and the narrative will shift to one about two famous, key members of Obama’s “team of rivals” suddenly struggling to see who’ll carry on his legacy. Sanders will be a forgotten man, a curio supported only by the parties’ fringier leftists.

Incidentally, when was the last time two candidates from the tippy top part of a sitting president’s administration faced off in a primary? Primary battles rarely boil down to policy differences because the contenders largely agree on the issues, but a “Biden vs. Clinton” race might take that to new depths. It’d probably quickly become a choice between whether Democrats prefer the narrative of a First! Woman! President! with very serious ethical issues and oceans of cash at her disposal to the likable, salt-of-the-earth incumbent VP who’s apt to say something weird and embarrassing at any given moment. Biden could attack her for her natsec/e-mail problems as the tip of the Clinton scandal iceberg and work his way down from there. Clinton could attack him for … what, exactly? Foot-in-mouth disease? Old, old, old plagarism scandals? I think she’d need to play the gender card and stick with it. It’s her only obvious advantage.

Comments

In a Democratic primary, that’s not baggage, that’s an advantage. I don’t pretend to understand the Obama true believers who think he can do no wrong (or, at least, strongly approve of his job performance), but I know that they are Democrats.

If Biden were to campaign on the basis of “I’m Obama’s right hand man! I’m the guy he trusts to take over if anything happens to him! If you want four more years of Obama, I’m the closest thing you can get to that!”, that might not win him a general election, but it could potentially be quite helpful in the Democratic primary race.

J.S.K. on August 13, 2015 at 7:06 PM

OMG, I don’t know if it’s awful or awfully funny, but it’s brilliant.

Fallon on August 13, 2015 at 6:53 PM

: ) Off to supper.

Bmore on August 13, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Okay, you’re back. If another mod asks why, direct them to me.

BKeyser on August 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Thank you. I will place a post it note reminding me to watch the sarcasm at NB. Jody Miller’s got great delivery on NewsBusted.

Judge_Dredd on August 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Classic Obama: Send in the Clown.

/I gotta hand it to this guy – Obama be da man who took down the Clintons… Twice. I swear he appointed her to take her down at a later date.

Al-Q has that same method of being patient.. just sayin’

Bye, Bye, Hillary… I’m sure you’ll look awesome in a jumpsuit – ask Martha (whatshernameagain)…. She’ll give you some pointers on how to live largess in a Federal Prison.

Key West Reader on August 13, 2015 at 7:08 PM

@Redford

If the Democrats can dump Hillary in a reasonable way without pissing off too many of the Hillary gals, they’ll take that chance. The more Democrats who jump into the race — Bernie, Biden, possibly Algore — the less likely Hillary will be dumped by the party, because her opposition will be split between various candidates. People have called her the Democrats’ Romney, and that isn’t too far off. The only other likelihoods are health issues, or the email scandal blowing up into huge danger for Hillary. The party might have been willing to sacrifice itself for Billy Jeff (impeachment) or Obama (putting all of their eggs into his basket), but they won’t do the same for Hillary.

Aizen on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Judge_Dredd

BKeyser

I love the little side stuff like this that shows up occasionally in the comments. :)

JetBoy on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Dude, I think this is happening.

I think you’re making that up to attract clicks.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Biden/Castro or Biden/Warren by design…

TEXASLEGAL on August 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Where have you gone, Moldy Al Gore,
Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
What’s that you say, Mrs. Clinton.
Moldy Al has left and gone away,
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Grinch on August 13, 2015 at 7:12 PM

JetBoy on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

May I introduce you to two of my bestest buddies, Bmore and schadenfreude?

Judge_Dredd on August 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Judge_Dredd on August 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Well, if sarcasm is a crime over there, I’d be locked up. But we all know sarcasm can get lost in text, so just make sure you include the /s tag if you’re worried about it. Otherwise, a lot of the mods are pretty strict on the language and don’t tolerate a lot of misuse. I’m a little more lenient then some but I’m known for it, so I’m not sure how that plays with the publisher. Stick around this time, okay?

Sorry HA, for the off topic conversation.

BKeyser on August 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

In Honor of American Football Season, I say we should line up the teams. There are two teams:

The Democrats!

Hillary Clinton – under indictment- Check
Bernie Sanders – Affirmed Sicuakust – Check
Joe Biden – Clown- Check

/Obama just sh*t all over our Nation and he’s asking someone else to clean this up. Hillary would have a much better time in jail, IMHO.

Key West Reader on August 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Or … if you prefer (and more on topic) …

Where have you gone, Uncle Joe,
Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
What’s that you say, Mrs. Clinton.
Uncle Joe has left and gone away,
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Grinch on August 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

JetBoy on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Funny, I just apologized to HA for it! Hopefully they agree with you.

BKeyser on August 13, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Biden 2016 vs. ANYONE. That’s my dream.

The Rogue Tomato on August 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM

I like Biden because he’s the first really clean and articulate white guy to run for preznit, not at all like all those typical white people, and certainly not one of those diamond merchants from Hymietown.

I just hope if he does get the nod that Biden doesn’t end up being just another white ni**er clinging to his guns and Bible, because it’s time for white to make right.

Bishop on August 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM

BKeyser on August 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I cannot react to the apoplectic over there like I can here. Ed and Allah don’t care who pisses off whom unless it gets real bad. Most of the folks here today that I’m poking fun at are allies normally. The insane Trump worry has them down. And they have this nutty idea that whining abt the Trump genie is somehow going to put him back in the bottle.

Judge_Dredd on August 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM

The closest I can think of is 1988, when Reagan’s VP (Bush 41) and first secretary of state (Haig) ran for the nomination. However, Haig had spent only a year and a half as secretary of state, and was far from a top contender for the 1988 presidential nomination.

J.S.K. on August 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM

The Queen needs to get fitted for an orange jumpsuit and sent into general population in the prison yard. Serves her right!

rjoco1 on August 13, 2015 at 7:18 PM

I think you’re making that up to attract clicks.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Hey dummy, are you saying AP made up this entire story?

fossten on August 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM

And if these two white peeps don’t work out the demorats can always turn to someone more diverse like…well…whitebread O’Malley or that blue-eyed blond Indian chick.

Bishop on August 13, 2015 at 7:23 PM

What is the case for Biden over HRC?

Honesty. Integrity. Never sold his office…

JohnGalt23 on August 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Okay.

Bmore on August 13, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Fallon is right!

The other day when Schad linked to a photo of Eva Peron I thought she even looked like Hillary.

INC on August 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Poor Tialoc, those buckets are getting heavier and heavier.

CWforFreedom on August 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Not only did Ms. Clinton deliberately demonstrate disdain for the Federal Records Act and nullify the protections of the Freedom of Information Act, she violated the Espionage Act by having information relating to the national defense on her server at all. And her deliberate disregard for national security made the job of all hackers that much easier. Read more at http://observer.com/2015/08/the-countless-crimes-of-hillary-clinton-special-prosecutor-needed-now/#ixzz3ik0XxGmN Follow us: @observer on Twitter | Observer on Facebook Read more at: http://tr.im/f0dTL

CWforFreedom on August 13, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Hillary close to going to jail? I think a quote from Winston Wolfe in Pulp Fiction is appropriate here.

PackerBronco on August 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Hey dummy, are you saying AP made up this entire story?

fossten on August 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM

No, but I don’t think he’s dumb enough to think Biden is jumping in or that Hillary is going to jail. I am willing to entertain the thought that he thinks you’re dumb enough to believe both of those things, though, and he can make money off of your gullibility.

Fleecing suckers is basically the entire point of the righty media, after all.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Poor Tialoc, those buckets are getting heavier and heavier.

CWforFreedom on August 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM

If you say so. Frankly I keep wishing for something more challenging. All I’ve gotten her recently is laughing at trump and explaining to you guys how “someone in Hillary’s circle may have done something illegal” is not the same thing as “someone in Hillary’s circle has done something illegal” which is also not the same as “Hillary has done something illegal.”

*shrug*

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Fleecing suckers is basically the entire point of the righty media, after all.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

And yet…… you’re here everyday…..

Barred on August 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM

And yet…… you’re here everyday…..

Barred on August 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Not every day no. But often. however-
A) I don’t actually use righty sources for news, I know better than that.

B) I use an ad blocker.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Fleecing suckers is basically the entire point of the righty media, after all.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

“If you like your healthcare plan you can keep your healthcare plan….”

Augustinian on August 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM

“If you like your healthcare plan you can keep your healthcare plan….”

Augustinian on August 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Let me know when you actually make a point.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Joe dropped out after doing poorly in Iowa caucus 2008.Times have changed as Hillary is not up to it anymore with swing voters.
Joe may have more name recognition but organization he has none. he had a career as a Senator and that experience may be his life line.
Anyone but Hillary. Joe made it on his own without marriage to powerful wife unlike Hillary who plays gender card as wife of Bill C.
No one running could be worse, more tone deaf or dangerous than Hillary. But if Joe flames out—can Bernie endure? No so Democrats may not take her out in primary.

celador2 on August 13, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Keep feeding it, Augie. It’ll take all your anti-Trumper-bashing energy while it sits back and smiles.

Judge_Dredd on August 13, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I’ve said this for years on here, but I’ll say it again:

The Mooch is going to run. She’s the perfect choice for democrats:

*She’s considered an “outsider” by the general populace (even though we know she’s more radical than her half-White, dog-eating husband).

*She’s black

*She’s (most likely) a biological woman

*She’d be the dog-eaters 3rd term that he suddenly mentioned a few weeks ago.

*She’s “clean and articulate”.

*Her life matters (because she’s black)

SouthernGent on August 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

A Trump/Biden race is the election America wants.

Bread and circuses, AP baby!

Enjoy the Decline!

Bruno Strozek on August 13, 2015 at 8:03 PM

I’ve said this for years on here, but I’ll say it again:

The Mooch is going to run. She’s the perfect choice for democrats:

SouthernGent on August 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Hmm, that might actually piss off my wife enough to actually vote. Let them go for it.

CTSherman on August 13, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Why is it stupid to think that Biden will run? He ran in 2008. That’s why he’s VP now.

blink on August 13, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Biden won’t run because he has no constituency that isn’t already covered and contra the delusions of many here Hillary is still cruising to the nomination. She’s 35 points above her nearest competitor in national polling out of a field of 6 candidates.

She might lose NH (she’s still winning in the aggregates but only barely) to Sanders but she’s still crushing him in Iowa, SC, NC…

This isn’t wishful thinking on my part, I’d actually prefer Sanders to be president over Hillary, it’s just not going to happen barring serious illness or an actual indictment against hillary.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 8:19 PM

SouthernGent on August 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I agree, and I’ve thought so for awhile.

The ideal scenario would be a sudden crisis at a critical campaign juncture- maybe even at the convention- that takes our HRC, leaving Mooch as the last-minute savior of the Democrat party.

She has absolutely no qualifications or talents other than ample melanin and an I kick yo azz, white boy scowl, so she’s PERFECT for the Left.

I’ve never been convinced they would willingly let go of the presidential teflon of pigmentation, now that they’ve experienced it, and the vajayjay juice is nowhere near as powerful.

Mike Michelloh would be a racialist & gender toofer, in addition the Obama legacy card to slap down on the black community that threatens to stay on the couch for Hillary, those racists.

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 8:19 PM

How must it feel to even be discussing the possibility that your hand-picked ironclad First Gurl Presnit candidate is going to be indicted?

That’s got to feel… special.

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Criminal

Ryan Lizza forget the one without the X.

blink on August 13, 2015 at 8:17 PM

As usual you are getting ahead of yourself.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM

The great white hope.

Well, he’s not so great, and there’s not much hope, but…crap, he’s WHITE TOO???

Chris of Rights on August 13, 2015 at 8:36 PM

That’s got to feel… special.

Dolce Far Niente on August 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Okay. I find I have no feelings about it. You guys always seem to think that if I defend Obama or Clinton against your idiotic claims that that means I am on their “team.” I have huge problems with both Obama and Clinton. I just have no interest in leveling farcical charges against them, and I have an active interest in correcting your tendency to substitute conspiracy theories for facts.

If Hillary ends up getting indicted I’ll be very surprised. I will not be emotionally hurt however.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

It’s time for Ramsey Clark.

Mr. D on August 13, 2015 at 8:52 PM

I think it’s fair to say that any person to whom one can reasonably attach the term “doofus” is probably not prime Oval Office material.

Athanasius on August 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Kenny Bania on August 13, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Sorry, Soup Nazi, but stating that you don’t trust “right wing news sites” is demolished when you then immediately post something from Zsa Zsa’s far Left wing news site.

F- #1.

Likewise, since the most recent results in your HuffPo link are now almost 5 days old, they do not include polling done since these latest revelations, namely from August 11 until August 13.

F- #2.

Get back to us after the next round of polling. Your Democrat Pollsters always time their phone calls for the Thursday thru Sunday time frame, because, as Democrat pollster John Zogby admitted on national TV in 2000, those polling days always guarantee the Democrats their desired results. Strangely, the third poll result in your HuffPo link is Zog’s, and it is…an internet poll.

F- #3.

Likewise, the very top poll result in your HuffPo link is from something called “Morning Consult”. But if you are intellectually curious, as I am, you will go to their link and find out that their result is also from an internet poll.

Only a total Cultist like yourself can believe that internet “polls” are real. Thanks for showing us again why your Democrat Party abandoned the college graduate vote in 2012.

Never lose your Special Kind of Stupid, Kid!

F- #4.

Del Dolemonte on August 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM

It’s time for Ramsey Clark.

Mr. D on August 13, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Nah, he already has the Workers World Party nomination sewn up. Why would he want to associate with a bunch of pinheads like the crop running the Democrat party?

Athanasius on August 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Well, I’d say that the fact that he’s not facing a criminal investigation would be a major check mark in the Biden column.

Chris of Rights on August 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I love the thought of Hillary going to prison. It’s not nice to tease us, AP, you being a lawyer makes me dream it might be possible.

Cindy Munford on August 13, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Too funny! Further examination of the HuffPo results featuring “Morning Consult” shows that their most recent online “poll”, from August 7 thru August 9, was done only 4 days after their previous online poll was published.

In those 4 days, Hillary lost 4 points.

Del Dolemonte on August 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM

He ran twice before? Who knew?

mad scientist on August 13, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Del’s good at running the tedium out of here.

Judge_Dredd on August 13, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Bishop on August 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM

This is my Nominee for Post of the Year.

ToddPA on August 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM

I just have no interest in leveling farcical charges against them

Tiaioc on August 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

There’s a Public Urination thread currently on this site…

You should go look for it.

ToddPA on August 13, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Hillary can win the Presidency from prison.

Using a Johnny Cash song.

faraway on August 13, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Who said exactly this the week of July 4th?

Told ya.

Adjoran on August 13, 2015 at 9:59 PM

I like that guy, Bernie.

Bmore on August 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM

I like that guy, Bernie.

Bmore on August 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM

I like that guy, Bmore.

pain train on August 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM

Bmore on August 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM

You’ve got a lot going on in that one; worth studying for a minute.

Well done my friend.

pain train on August 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM

If Hillary actually does get seriously investigated and her dropping out is inevitable, I think you’ll see some attractive Democrats get into the race pretty quick (Booker, Patrick, Mark Warner, etc.).

BocaJuniors on August 13, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Bishop on August 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM
This is my Nominee for Post of the Year.
ToddPA on August 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Yes, but checked for accuracy, shouldn’t it be a shotgun?

Heh.

/S

RL on August 13, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Biden 2016 vs. ANYONE. That’s my dream.

The Rogue Tomato on August 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Biden would likely do better with Midwestern whites than Obama did, perhaps substantially better and he’d likely be better with those voters than Hillary would.

The only question with Biden – and it’s a question for all the potential white Dem candidates – is if he can get the blacks to turn out in Virginia, Florida and Ohio. If he can, there’s probably no one in the Republican field who can beat him.

Atlantian on August 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Or how about we just wipe them all out Stannis Berathian style and put some albino-haired hotty on the throne?

Nutstuyu on August 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Fleecing suckers is basically the entire point of the righty media, after all.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Tlaloc informs himself through essays on online consensus encyclopedias written by 13 year old socialist activists and unemployed meth addicts.

Star Bird on August 13, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Bmore on August 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM

You’ve got a lot going on in that one; worth studying for a minute.

Well done my friend.

pain train on August 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Definitely one of his best works. All good, but this one stands out.

arnold ziffel on August 14, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Atlantian on August 13, 2015 at 11:23 PM

I get it, but I think you overestimate Biden. If Hillary gets out, look for Elizabeth Warren to get in. She’s all but the declared back-up plan.

Eastwood Ravine on August 14, 2015 at 1:23 AM

I’ve been saying it all year long. Biden gets into the race, he’s the Dem candidate with a decent chance to win it all.

HiJack on August 14, 2015 at 1:25 AM

AllahPundit/ Lindsey Gramham in 2016, RINO all the way!

VorDaj on August 13, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Allahpundon’t/Shrillary 2016

Bag N’ Hag

long_cat on August 14, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Biden sneaks up behind you, hugs you, and sniffs your hair.
Chicks love that.

J.B. Say on August 14, 2015 at 2:42 AM

as Hillary getting closer to going to prison

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Bunch of stupid F@$%ing rubes, that’s all you are if you think Hillary is going to prison.

DFCtomm on August 14, 2015 at 3:46 AM

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

He wrote, “Biden getting closer to presidential run as Hillary

getting closer

to going to prison.”

Not that Biden is going to run for president, or that Hillary is going to prison.

So either you don’t understand the distinction, or you’re reading words that aren’t there.

Which is it?

Star Bird on August 14, 2015 at 4:42 AM

Ack, I need to remember to hit the preview button.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

He wrote,

“Biden getting closer to presidential run as Hillary
getting closer to going to prison.”

Which is it?

Star Bird on August 14, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Dude, I think this is happening.

I think you’re making that up to attract clicks.

Tlaloc on August 13, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Troll accuses blog author of making something up and posting it just to attract clicks.

Priceless!

farsighted on August 14, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Only way Joe will run is Hillary gets indicted for crimes…and that is not going to happen.

Who does Obama like the least? Hillary or Joe?

albill on August 14, 2015 at 7:02 AM

If you’re asking me to choose between Trump, Hillary or Biden, I’m taking Biden.

May God have mercy on America, it’s going down the tubes fast. Gosh, I’d take Obama over any of those. Never thought I’d say that.

Esperanza on August 14, 2015 at 7:54 AM

I never thought the demos would nominate another white male. I have always wondered whats the big deal with a first term senator Warren. He has never impressed me and I don’t understand her appeal with the demos? Sorry I don’t get it with her and could someone explain her attractions to the progressives?

garydt on August 14, 2015 at 9:34 AM

I keep pointing this out – no one, and I mean no one, in the Obama Administration is guiltless in Hillary’s email scandal – no one at high levels of government from either party, including the Senate and House, the media, heads of think-tanks, PACs, Non-profits, etc.

THEY ALL EXCHANGED EMAILS WITH HER AND THEREFORE THEY ALL KNEW THAT SHE WAS USING A NON-GOVERNMENT PRIVATE EMAIL SYSTEM.

And people wonder why Trump is leading in the polls?

There’s your answer – the ruling elite, including all of the above mentioned, have betrayed the American people and trashed our constitution. Trump is just spouting what people want to hear. The people, including yours truly, are sick, afraid, depressed and ENRAGED.

I have no doubt that Trump and probably more than one or two other GOP candidates for president also knew.

We must elect someone who is not part of this cabal. Someone who loves America and has at least a modicum of humility and honesty.

Carson? Fiorina? Walker?

Turn MD Red on August 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM

AUGUST 13, 2015
A JOURNALIST WHO REQUESTS ANONYMITY WRITES:

WHAT NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT BUT WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT

Hillary will be totally blackmail-able if elected. Here’s the logic:

1. It’s safe to say that there were things on that server which could cause Hillary tremendous harm politically – which is why she destroyed the evidence that would have been exculpatory if you believed her explanation. In my mind, it’s also why she used a private server to begin with.

2. She is lying about what was on that server, potentially to include while under oath in her upcoming congressional testimony.

3. If someone had all the copies of her emails and those of her staff, they could readily blackmail her because of the above. They’d have proof of her wrongdoing and her lying about it.

4. Hillary Clinton, as both a future Presidential candidate and a sitting Sec. of State would have been one of the Top 100 intelligence targets in the world and probably one of the top 10.

5. It’s thus certain that the Chinese and Russians would each have had a team focused on accessing her communications.

6. Every security expert I know of has said it’s a virtual certainty the Chinese and Russians both gained access to her server and all her emails. From what I know about their capabilities, I’d agree.

There are probably a bunch of folks in China and Russia who are praying (even if they’re atheists) for Hillary to be elected. If she wins, they own the President of the United States. I can just imagine in a meeting with Putin, Hillary being told to back off supporting Ukraine or he’ll release her emails (as he hands her a folder containing the most damaging ones for her to peruse). Put in that position, would Hillary fall on her sword or sacrifice a country like Ukraine? I don’t know, but I wouldn’t want to be living in Ukraine…

Someone with that kind of vulnerability to blackmail shouldn’t be allowed to sweep the floors of the NSA, much less run our country.

Star Bird on August 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM

New campaign bus for Hillary and Huma.

justltl on August 14, 2015 at 3:00 PM

F- #1.

F- #2.

F- #3.

Never lose your Special Kind of Stupid, Kid!

F- #4.

Del Dolemonte on August 13, 2015 at 8:55 PM

a) Pollster is a polling aggregator, it has nothing to do with huffington post’s news section. If you can actually demonstrate some inaccuracies in their operation by all means do so.

b)so you think the last 5 months of the right hyping the “scandal” have had a small effect but this latest round of non-news will make all the difference? 35 points worth of difference? Well we can wait a week or so and see, can’t we?

c)I don’t favor most internet polls, because usually that refers to things like the survey done here (you have complained about the accuracy of that survey right?) which are non-scientific and generally useless. On the other hand, it is not theoretically impossible to do a rigorous internet poll. I have no idea if the “morning consult” does or not. However on the plus side any single poll with bad results exerts very little affect on the over all average of all the polls. What’s more you can look at the morning consult and see if it is out of line with the other polling on the issue.

Tlaloc on August 14, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Enjoy your static little brain. Nothing ever changes over the course of 9 months, right?

blink on August 13, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Of course it can, but it’d have to change HUGELY to make Sanders the nominee. Hence why I say that barring major illness or something like an indictment the nomination is Hillary’s.

Tlaloc on August 14, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Not at all. Hillary is most certainly a criminal. It’s a crime to mishandle classified information. Hillary mishandled classified information. He committed a crime. Hillary is a criminal – even if it takes more time for the investigation to conclude that – and even if the investigators decide to ignore it.

blink on August 13, 2015 at 9:03 PM

You believe she mishandled confidential information, and that will matter when you become a judge. In the meantime it counts for nothing.

Tlaloc on August 14, 2015 at 3:26 PM

You think the claim that Hillary mishandled classified information is a farce???

Most likely, purely based on precedent.

What’s the conspiracy theory related to this? Do you know what a conspiracy theory is? Actually, do you know what a fact is?

Things like “Benghazi happened because the attackers read Hillary;s unsecure emails and knew Ambassador stevens was there!” are conspiracy theories.

Is an actual indictment the only thing that would make leftist think badly of her?

blink on August 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM

I’d think poorly of her if she went on Fox.

Tlaloc on August 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM

In those 4 days, Hillary lost 4 points.

Del Dolemonte on August 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Just a friendly tip-
when you just got done for mocking a poll for being untrustworthy you should probably refrain from then touting that same poll’s results.

It makes you look even more pathetic than the ‘F-‘ idiocy.

Tlaloc on August 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM

No, criminals are people who are found guilty of having broken a law. If the investigators choose to ignore it then she is by definition not a criminal..

Tlaloc on August 14, 2015 at 3:26 PM

In other words, you’ve only done something wrong it you’ve been caught.

Star Bird on August 14, 2015 at 7:53 PM

In other words, you’ve only done something wrong if* you’ve been caught.

Star Bird on August 14, 2015 at 7:53 PM

And even then, only if a lefty activist judge is willing to call you on it.

Star Bird on August 14, 2015 at 8:19 PM

SouthernGent on August 13, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I can’t believe she’s not in already. The only possibility is that she’s divorcing him in January 2017.

Tanya on August 15, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Part of Biden’s calculation will be what dirt Hillary has on him on her “private” datacenter/ server/ Sandy Berger’s pants/ Chelsea’s sock-drawer. When the Department of Social Justice reports back, he’ll know.

Meanwhile Democrats would love a Wellstone(d) Memorial re-run as they classily kick off their “Do it for Beau” Biden campaign, since it is a rule that any bereaved Democrat is allowed to win out of sympathy, no matter what.

virgo on August 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM