Congress wonders: Can the nation survive without Planned Parenthood?

posted at 5:31 pm on August 1, 2015 by Ed Morrissey

Perhaps we’d muddle through as a republic if the federal government stopped using Planned Parenthood as a contractor, but not everyone in Congress is convinced. As the Senate moves to debate whether to end federal subsidies for the abortion industry leader, Susan Collins wonders where women will go to get “women’s health services”:

Republicans have seized on a series of controversial undercover videos that show officials at the abortion rights organization discussing the price of fetal tissue to argue that all federal funding should be cut off from Planned Parenthood.

But even members of McConnell’s party have their doubts that community health centers and other public health groups could fill the gap.

“The problem is, in my state and many others, Planned Parenthood is the primary provider of women’s health services in certain parts of my state,” said Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who said she is likely to vote against the bill. “So I don’t know how you would ensure that all of the patients of Planned Parenthood could be absorbed by alternative care providers.”

The Hill also mentions a study from George Washington University that raised the same question three years ago, when Republicans pushed to defund Planned Parenthood:

A 2012 study by George Washington University professors examined five counties in Texas and found that Planned Parenthood was the “dominant” provider in those areas. The study found that other clinics would need to increase their capacity by “two- to five-fold” in order to handle Planned Parenthood’s patients, but were already at or close to capacity.

Consider this another version of static tax analysis, with a heaping helping of ignoring the obvious. The federal government spends over $280 million on Title X family planning services alone each year, plus the broader range of health care for the poor that comes through Medicaid, which ranks in the billions. Those funds won’t disappear; the only change in the upcoming Senate bill will be to exclude Planned Parenthood from receiving those funds. The government will still spend the money.

When markets have demand and resources to meet it, then suppliers will emerge. In fact, it may be that federal support and subsidies for Planned Parenthood has had the effect of squeezing smaller providers out the markets where they dominate. Furthermore, the passage of ObamaCare was supposed to offer even broader choices by forcing everyone either into a comprehensive insurance plan or onto Medicaid. Women, especially poorer women, shouldn’t have only an abortion mill for their health care, and the government shouldn’t subsidize them and crowd out other potential providers.

The GAO calls shenanigans on this argument even from a static perspective:

According to the Government Accountability Office, the roughly 1,200 community health centers in the U.S. serve over 21 million people per year. Planned Parenthood, by contrast, serves 2.7 million people.

“These are comprehensive health care centers, something that Planned Parenthood is not,” said Mallory Quigley, a spokeswoman for Susan B. Anthony List.

Having access to hundreds of millions more in government contracts with the absence of Planned Parenthood on the contractor list will have other centers looking to fill the gap. The demand to provide subsidies for Planned Parenthood is another form of corporate welfare, only for abortionists in order to render their other operations more economically viable.

No corporation has an entitlement to federal subsidies. This particular organization’s business practices make it unfit for taxpayer support. Let them survive on their own resources, and focus public support to those who truly focus on health rather than the destruction of human life.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Sure it would….I mean, “Obamacare” has it covered, right?
Why do we even need PP or oh, charitable hospitals and such…after all “Obamacare”…

ProfShadow on August 2, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Obamacare is insurance, PP is a healthcare provider.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:45 PM

okay listen. abortion supporters need to stop it with the “unwanted” label. yes a child may be unwanted by the parents. that doesn’t mean they are unwanted by the entire world. calling any human being “unwanted” and declaring that they are worth killing is absolutely disgusting. if you label children “unwanted” that says a lot more about you than about the child.

Sachiko on August 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM

How about you adopt the 100,000 kids that are up for adoption right now before you talk about how every child is wanted?

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:48 PM

why should i have to donate to PP? PP’s actions benefit society as a whole…everyone is better off when unwanted babies are not brought into this society

nonpartisan

Typical response from a leftist libtard. “Why should I have to donate…” Let the government take care of it, this way I am not responsible!

Coward.

As for those unwanted babies not brought into this society…yep, they didn’t want to live and have a chance at life.

You really are a vile and debased individual.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM

The dirty little secret to the lefts support of abortion. For many, it controls the Black population. Yet we’re bigots, racists and anti-woman for objecting to this barbarity that by and large affects Black America.

smh

hawkdriver on August 1, 2015 at 6:57 PM

You’re an idiot. Abortion is entirely vountary. Your position is like saying that encouraging people to volunteer at charities is support of slavery, afterall the people are working without getting paid! But the problem with slavery wasn’t the lack of pay so much as the fact that they had no ability to leave. Similarly helping, mainly poor and yes often minority, women to get abortion IF THEY WANT ONE is nothing at all like genocide.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Sachiko on August 1, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:48 PM

This number “100,000” came from … where ?

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

hawkdriver on August 1, 2015 at 6:57 PM

You’re an idiot. Abortion is entirely vountary.
Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

ALL 1st degree murder is voluntary.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Tlaloc

Why don’t you ask those ‘100,000’ kids waiting to be adopted if they would rather wait to be adopted or have been aborted?

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Coward.

You really are a vile and debased individual.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Tell you what I’ll let you choose whether your money goes to subsidize PP if you let me choose whether my money goes to subsidize the military and intelligence agencies…deal?

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM

This number “100,000” came from … where ?

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM

ALL 1st degree murder is voluntary.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM

No, because murder involves another person who is not volunteering. Abortion just involves tissue.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM

…What it does, and part of why conservatives HATE it is give blacks a better shot at advancing economically and that’s a big threat to the (barely) crypto-racist right.

Tlaloc

So, aborting babies is a betterment towards economic advancement for blacks?

And you call us racists.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM

So you’re not going to take any responsibility for shoving more kids into a broken foster system that too often leaves them homeless and with no education or skills once they age out of the system?

I’m not shocked.

Next time clean up your mess before lecturing others.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM

You won’t use the services of our military or intelligence agencies? How would you not?

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM

So, aborting babies is a betterment towards economic advancement for blacks?

And you call us racists.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Having kids you are unprepared to take care of is a major factor in getting trapped in a cycle of poverty.

And, yes, you are racist. That you are clearly trying to keep blacks poor and powerless is just that much more proof.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Well the last time the military did anything to help me was 70 years ago. Since then they’ve been colossal f*ck ups who have only made my life more dangerous. I think I’ll get by.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM

I’m all for the taxpayers, having on their respective forms, the options for where they would like their tax money to go.
I’d bet my life … that the military would get more than all social programs, put together.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I’m not shocked.

Next time clean up your mess before lecturing others.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Why is it the responsibility of the right to clean up messes people make for themselves? If you can’t spend a few bucks for condoms or if you can’t get some “free” birth control, how about you take responsibility for your baby without killing it? Sounds pretty logical and common sense to me.

nclibertarian on August 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Tlaloc

Yep, protecting the Nation and gathering intel on those that wish to kill us is bad, but murdering innocent babies in the is ok.

Gotcha.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM

ALL 1st degree murder is voluntary.
listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM

I believe I thanked you once before for your honesty … we can’t ask for much more than that, from each other.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Because americans love killing brown people more than taking care of our elderly, sick, and poor?

Yeah, you might be right. But I’d still like to have some choice in the matter.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:09 PM

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM

*nod*

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:03 PM

O.K., but you can’t just disengage like that because we all receive the services. One who disengages from PP by refusing it funds doesn’t receive abattoir services.

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Gotcha.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Protecting the nation from…Korea? Vietnam? Dominican Republic? Grenada? Panama? Iraq? Afghanistan?

Which of these did you see as a big threat to the US? Let me guess you’re going to say Afghansitan due to 9/11? Problem for you is without our idiotic military playing around in the middle east with no concept what thy were doing there wouldn’t have been a 9/11. On top of that the military and intelligence agencies didn’t actually protect us from 9/11, ow did they? All they did was cause a lot of carnage in the middle east thus radicalizing the population more and motivating the next 9/11.

Gee, thanks.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM

nclibertarian on August 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM

I’d vastly prefer contraception to abortion, but given that conservatives have fought tooth and nail against contraception too that’s not a winning argument for you.

We pay for things because they are social goods. We pay for highways, whether or not we use them personally because other people will and in using them they will create economic opportunity and make society as a whole better.

Similarly helping women not get trapped by an unwanted pregnancy means she’s more capable of exploring economic opportunities. It’s a net social good.

Your ‘logic’ is nothing but miserly shortsighted greed.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Gee, thanks.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM

I suppose we could compare mortality rates and totals.

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Of course you do, see the above post.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Tlaloc

So, I am a racist, huh? Nice try. You don’t know a damn thing about me except for the fact I disagree with you, so as is wont for the left, you throw out baseless accusations, and feel smug about yourself because of your self righteousness.

Nice Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson playbook move.

Won’t work with me.

As for having kids unprepared? Tired old liberal argument. Don’t want kids? Well that is simple enough, isn’t it? Birth control is readily available, even over the counter.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM

I suppose we could compare mortality rates and totals.

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Of what? The military and PP?

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Strangely you felt just fine saying I was a racist, do you know anything about me or did I just maneuver you into criticizing yourself?

Hint- Yes I did. No it wasn’t hard.

Nice Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson playbook move.

Won’t work with me.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Ask Sandra Fluke how the right feels about “sluts” getting contraceptives…

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Taken from another blog but I can’t remember which one.

I was curious how Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood, stacked up against other genocidal leaders of the Twentieth and Twenty First Centuries.

I got the statistics on the key international players from this source: From Stalin to Hitler, the most murderous regimes in the world. From Mail Online 7 October 2014.

For Cecile Richards’ stats, I used the estimated Planned Parenthood yearly average abortion rate of 300,000 times 9 years of her rule since 2006. That gives her a whopping 2,700,000 victims, which puts her right up there near the top. The rest of the list below her are pikers by comparison.

Here’s the list:

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini 20, 000
Robert Mugabe 15,000
General Jorge Videla 13,000
General Augusto Pinochet 3,000

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Ask Sandra Fluke how the right feels about “sluts” getting contraceptives…
Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Is there anyone here, more “right” than I am?
I’m all for them getting whatever contraceptions they can afford OUT OF THEIR OWN PERSONAL RESOURCES.

That’s the difference.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM

For those of you that are supporters of baby killing, one thing for certain, you will have lots of company on the wide path to hell. Shame on you. You are the very same people that protest the death penalty and spare rapists and murderers. Yet without thinking, babies in the womb are dead on arrival. But don’t sweat the small stuff and hang onto your sins. Quit thinking with that thing between your legs and tell your girl friends to keep their legs closed. God forbid if you make a baby, you would take responsibility and place it for adoption or let the baby live. That old line of crap about adopting is just that. Just maybe there are a lot of folks adopting overseas that wouldn’t if we would quit killing our own. Keep coming up with excuses to use murder as birth control. Your hearts are dark and your souls are a deep dark black. Judgment day will be hell for you….

crosshugger on August 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM

That’s the difference.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Wow. I live in an area with a massive immigrant populations from Mexico and Latin America and believe that the government absolutely should be involved in offering free contraceptives to poor populations that are generally undeserved when it comes to healthcare and never received even the most rudimentary education on family planning. This believe isn’t a result of deeply held concerns around immigrants starting large families, but stems from a belief that the resulting shift in national demographics is going to lead to a lot of social unrest and probably push national politics too far to the left.

bayam on August 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM

That’s the difference.
listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM

bayam on August 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM

The biggest part of the ideology of political Conservatism (as we define it today) is based on the belief that NGOs can and SHOULD handle what you just described above, much better than any government organization.

Government intervention isn’t the solution to the problem … government intervention IS the problem

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 6:23 PM

So, aborting babies is a betterment towards economic advancement for blacks?

And you call us racists.

Gothguy on August 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Since it is ok to think that PP is in the business of advancing the black community by killing off the babies that are keeping them down , wouldn’t it be helpful for them to insert long term birth control after every abortion. If aborting black babies is such a good idea how much better to just delay pregnancies until the “community” has economically advanced?

katiejane on August 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

I don’t think the babies volunteered to be aborted.

RonK on August 2, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Congress wonders: Can the fetus survive without Planned Parenthood?

SpongePuppy on August 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Does anyone at planned patenthood wish they had been chopped up and sold on the meat market while they were inside mommy?

SpongePuppy on August 2, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Is there anyone here, more “right” than I am?

That’s the difference.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Fluke was talking about insurances covering contraception. How is that not getting it out of their own resources when they either pay for the insurance or get it as part of their compensation for employment?

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 7:37 PM

crosshugger on August 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM

All too often the death penalty gets used on people later vindicated as innocent. That’s actually murdering a human being. Scraping out an unwanted fetus is more like flossing.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 7:39 PM

I don’t think the babies volunteered to be aborted.

RonK on August 2, 2015 at 6:44 PM

And that scab I just peeled off my elbow didn’t volunteer either, but since both are just tissue they don’t get a vote.

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM

And that scab I

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 7:40 PM

If that is true, I wonder why StemExpress and PP went into such a defensive crouch.

butch on August 2, 2015 at 7:55 PM

bayam on August 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM

That is one fine bit of concern trolling there. Thank you for your tireless and completely plausible commitment to the struggle against leftist extremism.

RINO in Name Only on August 2, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 7:39 PM

All right, name one case.

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Congress wonders: Can the nation survive without Planned Parenthood?

There is probably a danger that we’ll suddenly be overrun with live human babies…

/snark>

landlines on August 2, 2015 at 10:21 PM

butch on August 2, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I posted that on another thread.
I believe that it is completely legitimate to include Richards on that list.

justltl on August 3, 2015 at 12:38 AM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Your ignorance is telling. Apparently you missed that whole Margaret Sanger thing and why she established planted butchery.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 7:43 AM

butch on August 2, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Yes. Why did they go to a crooked judge to get an injunction, that will probably be worthless?

Why did their crisis PR firm contact the media and implore them not to show the videos (or to smear the producers with the usual set of trick phrases)

Because they know that murdering live infants for profit is HORRIFIC and those defending that are the lowest, most evil scum.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 7:47 AM

“This is an issue that I have studied for a long time. And what I know is over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition [when life begins]. … St. Augustine said at three months. We don’t know. The point is, is that it shouldn’t have an impact on the woman’s right to choose.”- Nancy Pelosi (confirmed idiot)

Cherokee on August 3, 2015 at 9:08 AM

This is a good read:

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Wrong. It’s not voluntary.

Planned parenthood lies.

An unborn baby is a human being who likely feels pain during the abortion. Abortion isn’t like flossing. Abortion kills a human being in a violent and painful death. PP also routinely lies to mothers about the age of the baby they are aborting.

Those women are not getting VOLUNTARY abortions when they are being lied to about essential facts. They are being scammed. It’s like the women are being told they will have a better life in the new world if they would just get on that slave ship over there. PP profits off of abortions, and it lies to women to make more profit.

Abortion supporters are on the wrong side of history. Slave owners thought that they had a right to own slaves because they lied to themselves that Africans were less than humans. Abortion is very similar to slavery because the unborn baby is treated as property that can be disposed of when, in fact, it is a human being. Once there was widespread acceptance of the fact that blacks were also human beings, the idea of slavery became abhorrent. Likewise, once people become more aware of the FACT (supported by molecular biology and genetics) that the unborn are human beings and millions of them were murdered in a violent and painful fashion, this will be looked upon as one of the darkest periods in American history.

bitsy on August 3, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Oh, no no no. No you don’t, princess.

If you get to equate all conservatives based on the idiocy of a handful, guess what we get to do. Equate you with the founder of planned parenthood.

You ARE margaret sanger, a racist, a eugenicist, and a hater of all things black. YOU are the most vile, racist POS on the planet. YOU want to murder ALL black people, not just those in the womb, because, like your hero, you consider them inferior to you.

Finally, every single racist thing that’s ever been done, on any kind of scale in this country (and around the world) has been committed by screaming leftists JUST LIKE YOU.

These are the facts. You are everything she was, and even worse.

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM

You nailed it.

bitsy on August 3, 2015 at 9:39 AM

You nailed it too.

Consider that Planned Butchery facilities are strategically placed to carry out the mission Margaret Sanger set for it.

At a profit.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 10:09 AM

butch on August 2, 2015 at 7:55 PM

They’re being attacked in the court of public opinion where there are very few rules.

Notice no criminal charges have been brought against them anywhere.

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 10:56 AM

All right, name one case.

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2015 at 9:03 PM

One? Have ten for starters.

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 10:58 AM

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Which is completely irrelevant. What’s telling is that it is a line of attack you keep retreating to, kind of shows the dearth of good arguments for your position…

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM

This is a good read:

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 9:19 AM

WND is never a “good read.”

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Let me put for an analogy for Planned Parenthood, even assuming it did “good works”:

Suppose you had this really great neighbor. You know, the guy who helped you paint your fence. He mowed the widow’s lawn. Coached football. Lead the actions to get the potholes filled in and the streetlights fixed. Was a leader in your Community Watch program.

And had, every year, the best Fourth of July BBQ, to which everyone in the neighborhood was invited.

A really great guy.

But then you find out that he’s a serial killer. Been snatching children from low income neighborhoods. Taking them home and torturing them before killing them and butchering their bodies. Storing it in the freezer.

And now you understand why he had so much BBQ to share..even sent everyone home with some every year.

Do you excuse him because he was such an integral part of your neighborhood? You know “Hey, yeah, he was a mass murderer, but he did so much good for the community!”

There have to be consequences for such horrible acts or your kids are on the menu next year at someone else’s BBQ.

===
Yeah, yeah…I get the “PP was designed to rid us of the lower classes” and all that…just passing along a story you can tell the next apologist for PP.

ProfShadow on August 3, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Wrong. It’s not voluntary.

Planned parenthood lies.

bitsy on August 3, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Neat. Except you got basically every fact wrong. Pregnancy Crisis Centers are the ones that have gotten caught lying over and over again. The fetus is not a human being, just part of the mother. And yes abortions in this country are entirely voluntary.

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:02 AM

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM

If she were alive today Sanger would be a republican. Everything you say about her pretty much fits the modern GOP to a T, huh?

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM

ProfShadow on August 3, 2015 at 11:02 AM

What if it wasn’t the guy who was the serial killer but his mom? You still gonna blame him for her faults?

Modern PP has nothing to do with a woman who died 50 years ago, sorry that ruins your one argument against them…

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Tlaloc on August 2, 2015 at 4:44 PM

I really don’t give a sh*t where they have to go to get their “healthcare.” The doctors at PP are murderers and the whole enterprise needs to go… hopefully that’s clear enough for you.

dpduq on August 3, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Some early planned butchery printed media is on display.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 11:26 AM

The fetus is not a human being, just part of the mother.

More imaginary biology, I see. Actually, the interface between the mother and the very much human fetus is the placenta, the outer layer of which is formed from the outer layer of the blastocyst which is formed from the zygote, not the mother.

As zygote>embryo>fetus is antigenically different from the mother, one of the problems of pregnancy can be failure of the mother’s immune tolerance of the fetus which can lead to such things as Rh disease, or miscarriage.

The actual immunology behind all this is fascinating as in many ways it resembles the issues with organ transplantation, and I have a dandy immunology text here if you want me to get into the weeds.

F X Muldoon on August 3, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM

You don’t get to decide what is relevant and what is not. I have a very good point. Infanticide is illegal. When they delivery a live baby and then subsequently murder it, they are breaking the law.

Profiting from the sale of the corpse is horrific and disgusting.

In your warped mind, I suppose you think murdering living children is irrelevant too. Wow. You are one sick individual.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Modern [fill in the blank] has nothing to do with [fill in the blank] 50 years ago, sorry that ruins your one argument against them…

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:06 AM

We may have to remember this one…

Ricard on August 3, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM

False again, since it’s the democrats with deep history of racism.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 12:39 PM

False again, since it’s the democrats with deep history of racism.

dogsoldier on August 3, 2015 at 12:39 PM

You forget; in Tlaloc’s world ‘racism,’ real or imaginary (usually the latter), is only an affectation of those who disagree with him on policy.

Ricard on August 3, 2015 at 12:52 PM

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM

We don’t have to go that far back. Gosnell will do nicely.

Ricard on August 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM

First and foremost, government has no business getting involved in the financial end of abortion. Period. Gov’t involvement should begin and end with either making it legal or not.
No paying for it or subsidizing a group like PP. If the people “demand” access to abortion, let them or their insurance pay for it. The rest of us should not have to pay for anyone’s inability to keep their knees together. (Hell, cover abortion in your ACA instead of making my 60-year-old ass have access to a gynecologist!)
As for the ol’ rape and incest bugaboo: same thing. Pay up, or make an insurance claim. Or better yet, all you do-gooders that want to see abortion access for everyone should contribute YOUR money.
Just leave the rest of us out of it.

n0doz on August 3, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Tlaloc on August 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM

You can try all you like to paint leftists as other than what they (and you) are, and have always been.

Leftists have always murdered those they found inconvenient. Any time, throughout history, where people were murdered en masse because of political concerns, the people in charge and doing the murdering were always leftists.

Even in this country. The slave owners were all leftist democrats. The kkk was all, without exception, leftist democrats (and still are, by the way). Not every democrat was a member of the kkk, but every single member of the kkk is, was and will always be a leftist democrat. Your pathetic lies won’t change what you already know.

As for sanger, you know as well as everyone else here that ONLY leftists, including hillary clinton, have been praising her for decades, since she first put forth her sick ideas about race and eugenics.

Oh, I understand why you suddenly feel the need to associate her with the right, but you know damn well she has never been associated with anyone except leftist democrats. Would you like to see some articles praising her? Tell you what, go find an article that praises her from the right, and include anything right up to today. I guarantee that I can find hundreds praising her from the left. Some of those articles will have extremely modern bylines. Time to put up or admit you’re the racist we all know you to be.

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Susan Collins has “static thinking”?
Who knew she could think at all.

Another Drew on August 3, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Time to put up or admit you’re the racist we all know you to be.

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM

That’s what I thought tlaloc. I’ll take your silence as an admission of your guilt, not that you needed to admit it. All we need to do is look at the history of everyone who thinks just like you, past and present, to know you’re the filthy racist you keep accusing anyone on the right of being.

runawayyyy on August 3, 2015 at 4:53 PM