Semi-retired president now smoking again apparently

posted at 4:01 pm on June 9, 2015 by Allahpundit

C’mon. He’s in Europe, he was talking to an Italian, and his ’08 image abroad as a global savior has been blown to hell by six years of foreign-policy drift. The guy had to do something to restore a little cool.

Yesterday he had a beer at 11 a.m. By the end of the year, he’ll be puttering around the White House unshaven in pajamas at three in the afternoon, muttering about “red lines” between swigs from a bottle of Jack.

A photo posted by Nomfup (@nomfup) on

Remind me again why he needs to pretend that he quit smoking. I know Michelle doesn’t like it, but she’ll learn to cope with her husband sneaking a puff now and then to take the edge off of having the most stressful job in the world. Is it more of an image thing for him? President Spock, the picture of self-composure, isn’t supposed to have minor personal vices like normal humans. The Syria red line is one thing, the Marlboro red line is quite another. Or maybe this is more of an ideological matter where he feels he can’t indulge in a deeply unhealthy habit while Democrats drone on about obesity and Big Gulps and nutritious school lunches. He’s the de facto Pope of public health and here he is being caught with the equivalent of a pentagram. How can we expect our children to choke down their bowls of wheat germ and broccoli at noon in the cafeteria if the president’s chain-smoking his way through the national security briefing?

First this, then Robert Gibbs signs on as global spokesman for McDonald’s. At the rate we’re going in the famously health-conscious Obama White House, Michelle’s going to end up as president of Coca-Cola. Exit quotation from Cuffy Meigs:

Comments

Just like the NSA I doubt he ever stopped.

ConstantineXI on June 9, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Semi-retired retarded president now smoking again apparently

He’d never quit.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Good smoke as many as you can.

Hurry up and kill yourself.

TX-96 on June 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM

The real question is – WHAT is he smoking?

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Good smoke as many as you can.

Hurry up and kill yourself.

TX-96 on June 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Only the good die young.

We are going to have to put up with this slimeball for probably 40+ years.

ConstantineXI on June 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Is Bubba Clinton popping in for visits and the 2 of them to go out back and “not inhale”?

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM

So you’re saying there is hope for this country?

rbj on June 9, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Anybody who has looked at him a much less than formal proclamation from the podium could tell he never quit.

nobar on June 9, 2015 at 4:08 PM

See headline threads:

Study: Smoking pot interferes with math skills

That explains his economic policies…..

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM

I guess he picked the wrong day to quit smoking.

Oldnuke on June 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Semi-smoking president now retired again apparently

Neitherleftorright on June 9, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Admitted pothead Obama probably smokes pot and does all kinds of drugs in the White House.

bluegill on June 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM

When does start doing coke again?

Oil Can on June 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM

And in January 2017, he’ll be wandering around the WH muttering –

and that’s the only thing I need is *this*. I don’t need this or this. Just this ashtray… And this paddle game. – The ashtray and the paddle game and that’s all I need… And this remote control. – The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that’s all I need… And these matches. – The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball… And this lamp. – The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that’s all *I* need. And that’s *all* I need too. I don’t need one other thing, not one… I need this. – The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure.

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM

When does start doing coke again?

Oil Can on June 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM

What do you mean, “start”?

Rix on June 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM

If he gets to smoke, my kids should be able to have edible school lunches. Fair’s fair.

BettyRuth on June 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Lying about himself is second nature; his sycophants just roll with it.

There is also a strong cultural bias in effect, with the perception among his peers that smokers belong to a poorly educated, lower class demographic.

Dolce Far Niente on June 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Michelle’s going to end up as president of Coca-Cola.

Smart money says she’s headed over to Frito-Lay.

But if Barry is smoking again, it will reduce his sperm count. And thats a good thing.

BobMbx on June 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM

He never stopped, who are you kidding?

rjoco1 on June 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM

“ALL UNITS….Barricade situation at 1600 Pennsylvania, possible hostages…respond Code 3”

BobMbx on June 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM

And I don’t need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead Bo growls at him]
I don’t need my dog.

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Oh please – he’s clearly holding a deck of cards from his game of Go Fish with Putin.

worldtvlr on June 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM

worldtvlr on June 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM

And Vlad kicked his @ss in that game as well……

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Kool.

rogerb on June 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM

In the year 2020, when comedy has been outlawed due to Political Correctness, nobody will have ever heard of that movie or know the quotes from it.

LoganSix on June 9, 2015 at 4:20 PM

The pure hypocrisy of the whole bunch that stinks. Telling us what to eat, how much to exercise and to monitor our carbon emissions. I would love one reporter to ask him, If he thinks his smoking contributed to his daughter’s asthma problem? Instead of climate change, which is what he claimed? Media total Lap dogs!

truegrits on June 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Wonder what brand he smokes? Who the hell cares?

Redford on June 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM

He looks tired. Good. We’re tired too.

thebrokenrattle on June 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM

It’s the stress from all those rounds of golf.

Deadeye on June 9, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Marlborougs? Or Virginia Slims…

MikeinPRCA on June 9, 2015 at 4:23 PM

worldtvlr on June 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Old Maid

Oil Can on June 9, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I never understood what the big deal was if he smoked.

I mean, who cares?

That being said, I still cannot stand him.

Gothguy on June 9, 2015 at 4:25 PM

I never understood what the big deal was if he smoked.

I mean, who cares?

That being said, I still cannot stand him.

Gothguy on June 9, 2015 at 4:25 PM

It’s the hypocrisy. Obamacare, preventive medicine, Michelle’s #yayfitness campaign, etc.

I’ve got 100 EBT credits that says there are dozens of photos of him smoking that the press simply wouldn’t release out of adoration.

rogerb on June 9, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Not an issue unless he’s buying loosies from Eric Garner.

Mr. D on June 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Old and Busted: I wouldn’t wish cancer on even my worst enemy.
The New Hotness: I wouldn’t wish cancer on my worst enemy.

Christien on June 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM

FWIW, it’s the same reason he traded in his V8 Hemi Chrysler for a hybrid when he began trying for the presidency (he had a GMC Envoy SUV before the Hemi).

He’s better than us, so he just gives us our instructions. He doesn’t have to abide by them.

rogerb on June 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Choom in a blunt.

rhombus on June 9, 2015 at 4:33 PM

A very weak, weak man indeed…

supersport667 on June 9, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Not an issue unless he’s buying loosies from Eric Garner.

Mr. D on June 9, 2015 at 4:30 PM

…not any more…..

dentarthurdent on June 9, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Good luck to everyone trying to quit. I know it can be really hard, but you can do it!

Christien on June 9, 2015 at 4:35 PM

He’s in Europe, he was talking to an Italian,

Was he speaking Austrian?

BacaDog on June 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM

The only thing he might have quit is the pretense that he quit smoking….

And it’s entirely possible that it’s the media that just quit pretending.

There Goes the Neighborhood on June 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM

He’s in Europe, he was talking to an Italian,

Was he speaking Austrian?

BacaDog on June 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM

He was probably speaking Roman, d’uh.

LoganSix on June 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM

OT (meaning on and off topic)

Don’t believe the liberal spin. ObamaCare is sputtering.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Was he speaking Austrian?

BacaDog on June 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Yes and he was telling him about the 57 states he’s been to.

Neitherleftorright on June 9, 2015 at 4:42 PM

I know he’s never quit, he’s been blowing smoke up our collective aZZes since he was elected.

hip shot on June 9, 2015 at 4:43 PM

You’d be smoking too, if you were the goofball.

June is shaping up as a time of reckoning for President Obama — and his legacy.

Over the next three weeks, he could record significant wins on three of his most ambitious initiatives. Or have each of them blow up in his face.

And those outcomes are largely outside of the president’s control.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM

He was probably speaking Roman, d’uh.

Don’t be silly, he only speaks Roman in Romania.

F X Muldoon on June 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM

I’m with Constantine…what’s the proof that he stopped?

The problem with it is not whitey progs, but that it’s a massive third rail issue in the black community.

While I dread the thought of Barry using his ex-prezzyniess for empowering community organizing to a Muslim Brotherhood exponential factor…

…the guy is cutting his lifespan by at least a decade.

budfox on June 9, 2015 at 4:45 PM

WHO CARES?

Old Country Boy on June 9, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Be prepared to begin reading articles in the NYT stating smoking really isn’t that bad for you after all…..

mouell on June 9, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Remind me again why he needs to pretend that he quit smoking.

Because it makes him look weak and not in control when he gives in to those smoking urges. Plus the Left hates cigarette smokers so they had to pretend he gave it up.

Quitting made him look strong and in control of himself, able to do anything, blah, etc.

Johnnyreb on June 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Don’t be silly, he only speaks Roman in Romania.

F X Muldoon on June 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Dog Eater did however speak Vaticanese while visiting the Pope.

Maybe you KKK’er should read a math book now and then before spouting off.

Bishop on June 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM

If he’s smoking again, I don’t see why his attempt to quit had to be a fake. There are many reasons to want to stop smoking, and it’s not easy… When you have an addiction, it’s not always clear whether you’ve truly quit or not. Or whether you’ve relapsed or not.

unfinishedSymphony on June 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Age of obama, smoking true

But if a bookend Professor B in the same venues announced that he found Muslim groups equally suspect, or that, due to constant deprecation of white males, he was holding tutoring sessions only for his European-American students, or that he was hosting a campus conference on the unscientific nature of the global warming movement, or if he urged the university to insist that any allegations of rape follow strictly the rules of evidence and procedures as outlined in the U.S. Constitution and state laws of criminal jurisprudence, he would find himself in a great deal of trouble, if not fired.

Schadenfreude on June 9, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Dog Eater did however speak Vaticanese while visiting the Pope.

Yeah, not hardly, it was Yiddish, I guess you have never see the Pope wearing that yarmulke thing.

Whose the raciss now smart guy ?

F X Muldoon on June 9, 2015 at 5:03 PM

I’m praying for Presidential spontaneous combustion.

vnvet on June 9, 2015 at 5:05 PM

“You try living with Michelle and her mother and NOT smoke.”

-Barry O’Bama

portlandon on June 9, 2015 at 5:10 PM

that’s funny. Barky doesn’t go to any national security briefings, which is perfectly fine since he’s too friggin stupid to understand anything and all he’s interested in is harming what scraps are left of America and every traditional American ally. The less security briefings a traitor attends the better, as a rule of thumb.

At least, Barky is keeping his chooming confined to the White House interior, so far …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on June 9, 2015 at 5:21 PM

unfinishedSymphony on June 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Because he, Michelle and the NYT made a big deal out of him quitting smoking. Heck he even referred to it a couple of times in relation to his daughters medical problems. In other words, he is the one who let others make a big deal of out him quitting smoking.

Johnnyreb on June 9, 2015 at 5:25 PM

“Michelle, let me make it perfectly clear, it was a pack of gum, I swear! My clothes smell like tobacco smoke because that’s all those damned Europeans do! I had to go out of the patio just to breathe some clean air. You know you can trust me!”

GarandFan on June 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Let the guy have his cigarettes. Jesus.

Tzetzes on June 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Whose the raciss now smart guy ?

F X Muldoon on June 9, 2015 at 5:03 PM

That wasn’t a yarmulke, it was a doily that Amish women wear; what are you, stupid AND a bigot?

Bishop on June 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM

What, you are claiming the Pope is both a transwoman and transamish ?

Dude, I think you have been hanging out with weedisgood a bit too much.

F X Muldoon on June 9, 2015 at 5:53 PM

It was a beanie.

de rigueur on June 9, 2015 at 5:54 PM

AP, you’ve outdone yourself. Great write-up. But, I’m not sure he will be drinking Jack it may remind him to much of McConnell.

DDay on June 9, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Kool.

rogerb on June 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Likely.

BettyRuth on June 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM

With a roach in the ashtray. Just like in college.

farsighted on June 9, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Remind me again why he needs to pretend that he quit smoking.

Yeah. Why should the guy who is trying to nationalize and socialize the nation’s health care, and trying dictate to health insurance companies what they must cover, not smoke cigarettes?

farsighted on June 9, 2015 at 6:38 PM

At the rate we’re going in the famously health-conscious Obama White House, Michelle’s going to end up as president of Coca-Cola Dunkin Donuts

farsighted on June 9, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Wonder if he is now going to have to pay a 10% per health insurance policy monthly surcharge if there is any smoker on that individual’s plan like my employees will have when we renew…

deepdiver on June 9, 2015 at 7:22 PM

It’s probably why he’s become so rail-thin.

paul1149 on June 9, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Good smoke as many as you can.

Hurry up and kill yourself.

TX-96 on June 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Only the good die young.

We are going to have to put up with this slimeball for probably 40+ years.

I’m a couple years younger than the slimeball. I just hope I can witness his long, slow deterioration of mind and body. And as an added bonus, if I happen to outlive him, I’d like the opportunity to piss on his grave.

JohnK144 on June 9, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Of course he never quit. He’s weak and self-indulgent.

disa on June 9, 2015 at 9:15 PM

BobMbx on June 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM

I don’t think Reggie Love cares.

Reuben Hick on June 9, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Anyone paying attention could have blogged about this months ago. He has been extraordinarily thin for some time. Ex-smokers put ON weight due to increased calorie intake. The opposite occurs when they relapse.

Carnac on June 9, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Always knew the dude was a puffer

WhatsAMattaU on June 9, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Did you guys catch the nuance in the source article? Unknown to Oboobie, photo was snapped by the Italian’s photographer and uploaded to the interwebs.

The takeaway is that the WH photographer knows never to snap while Oboobie is burning one, and that either no one told the other photographers or they did and the Italians did it anyway. Lol. Discuss.

AH_C on June 9, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Over the last 6 years I have been asked by friends, Is Obama a good president or a bad president. My answer is still the same. I don’t know. Many of his ideas are good in base and no doubt that Congress was totally dysfunctional. Some thing had to be done. There is also no doubt in my mind that he has little ability to see any of his ideas carried through properly. It is his inability to lead through a problem that has caused so many failures today.

Then this is about smoking not his abilities as President.

Nicotine must be the most addictive and insidious drug available. It may take 6-10 serious tries to actually quite and then it may come back 4 years later and bite you in the butt. I may fault the man for his inability to carry thru on a plan and to lead a Country BUT if he did quite and fell back into smoking I will only fault him unless he dose not try again.

jpcpt03 on June 10, 2015 at 12:32 AM

Good, smoke up, Johnny.

hawkdriver on June 10, 2015 at 4:49 AM

jpcpt03 on June 10, 2015 at 12:32 AM

What a stupid comment. If Congress had allowed everything this idiot wanted done, we would all be changing sheets in hotels in China by now. He is the worst US President in my lifetime.

hawkdriver on June 10, 2015 at 4:53 AM