Big: Hillary debuts new, even gayer campaign logo

posted at 6:41 pm on April 28, 2015 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, I paraphrase “Spinal Tap”: It’s like how much gayer could this be? And the answer is none. None more gay.

The logo is to celebrate oral arguments this morning at the Supreme Court, which is funny because as recently as a year ago Hillary didn’t even want the issue in front of SCOTUS. She told an interviewer at NPR in June 2014, fully a year after the Windsor case was decided and with today’s case already a very real possibility, that she thought the legality of gay marriage should be left up to the states. In other words, as a matter of policy, less than a year ago she held the same policy currently held by Ted Cruz, a guy so despised by gay-rights activists that his mere presence in a gay businessman’s home is enough to trigger a left-wing boycott. Offhand I can’t think of another major Democratic politician who arrived later to the cause of legalizing same-sex marriage by judicial decree than Hillary Clinton, and of course somehow she’s the party’s prohibitive frontrunner for the nomination anyway. The more I think about it, the more I think that’s an even bigger lefty hypocrisy than letting Obama off the hook for opposing SSM on the trail in 2008. For every other gay person and Democratic pol in the universe, years-long steadfast support for legalized gay marriage is an absolute litmus test for the base’s support — except, of course, for Her Majesty, because she alone among the party’s top tier might be capable of holding the White House for them in 2016. Bret Stephens:

Cynicism is the great temptation of modern life. We become cynics because we desperately don’t want to be moralists, and because earnestness is boring, and because skepticism is a hard and elusive thing to master. American education, by and large, has become an education in cynicism: Our Founders were rank hypocrites. Our institutions are tools of elite coercion. Our economy perpetuates privilege. Our justice system is racist. Our foreign policy is rapacious. Cynicism gives us the comfort of knowing we won’t be fooled again because we never believed in anything in the first place. We may not be born disabused and disenchanted, but we get there very quickly.

This is the America that the Clintons seek to enlist in their latest presidential quest. I suspect many Democrats would jump at an opportunity not to participate in the exercise—it’s why they bolted for Barack Obama in 2008—and would welcome a credible primary challenger. (Run, Liz, Run!) But they will go along with it, mostly because liberals have demonized the Republican Party to the point that they have lost the capacity for self-disgust. Anything—anyone—to save America from a conservative judicial appointment.

And that’s why they’ll forgive Hillary, and only Hillary, the transparent pander in today’s logo switch. If she’s the only person who can keep conservatives off of the bench, they’ll look the other way at the fact that she herself sided with the Court’s conservatives against them on their most cherished civil-rights issue as recently as 10 months ago.

Via Philip Klein, here’s a vivid illustration of what Stephens means by cynicism.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She sure knows how to pander.

Her voice is grating and her words are fake.

AprilApple on April 28, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Have y’all noticed how “different” this campaign is? We’ve seen some weird things happen in politics but Hillary has taken weird to a whole new level.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is ART. We are watching her slow decent into insanity. When she falls behind in a poll, she just might cut off her ear.

Pay attention and record it all. You’ll tell your grandchildren that you watched it all unfold. Historians will struggle to figure this one out.

Pythagoras on April 28, 2015 at 9:59 PM

This one goes to eleven.

Emperor Norton on April 28, 2015 at 10:07 PM

She sure knows how to pander

AprilApple on April 28, 2015 at 9:37 PM

I think you mean her flunkies know how to evoke emotions.

Her voice is grating and her words are fake.

AprilApple on April 28, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Like the current 1st sow, what isn’t aggravating, is fake.

antipc on April 28, 2015 at 10:10 PM

At the risk of sounding immodest. I called this one. ; ) Lolz!

Bmore on April 28, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Hillary and her 9/11 logo are antiamerican to the core.

YahwehPundit on April 28, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Probably because it’s more than your 1% figure.

But even assuming it is 1%, why are some critics of SSM having such a conniption over so few getting married…and certainly there’s only a part of that supposed 1% that would get married anyway?

JetBoy on April 28, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Because, it’s NOT marriage.

How many times do we have to go over this?

Skywise on April 28, 2015 at 11:48 PM

So now if we disagree with Shrillary’s ideology, we’ll not just be sexist but homophobic as well.

Oh well, I may as well add it to the list since I’m clearly already a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

Oxymoron on April 29, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Is the horizontal yellow and green section Bill’s contribution?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on April 29, 2015 at 2:18 AM

Even before I absorbed the header, I reflexively tightened my ass upon seeing the new ????!

ha_tspc on April 29, 2015 at 2:41 AM

“every loving couple”?

So does that mean the Clintons aren’t actually married?

damage done on April 29, 2015 at 5:53 AM

Probably because it’s more than your 1% figure.

JetBoy on April 28, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Why should I be forced to cheer someone on their path to Hell?

I view Hell, with unending torment darkness and flames, as bad. If I cared for these sinners, why would I cheer their descent into eternal damnation?

Homosexual acts are sin. Unrepented sin earns oneself eternal separation from God in the damnation pits of Hell. It is the sinners choice to remain separated from God, even though such separation becomes torment. SSM helps keep the homosexual sinner on the path to Hell, and away from repentence.

How evil is someone that would cheer a drowning sinner?

Do I have an obligation, as a Christian, to stand in the gap and throw a lifeline to a sinner before they go down for the last time? Or should I cheer their demise and help them on their way?

And why do you, as a sinner, hold your sin in higher regard than your trust in Christ? Why are you holding on to your dead and decaying filth instead of cleaning it out of your life? Everyone is tempted. I am tempted. But it is a lie to say that you must follow your temptations, and that you cannot resist it.

I resist my temptations by continuing to turn my eyes to Christ. Why do you find it impossible to trust Him, that you must cling to the sin in your life? You are more than your lusts. You are a creature created by God. Lean onto him and reject your sinful ways. Turn from your sin and repent.

I will be praying for you this morning.

dominigan on April 29, 2015 at 8:43 AM

#LoveLustMustWin #LoveLustCantWait

FIFHRC

GWB on April 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Any lie for a vote. She is a phony along with all her other lies but her actions belie her as a viable candidate unless we want Obama doubled!

Roselle on April 29, 2015 at 11:26 AM

JetBoy, I thought the rainbow flag was supposed to be a reference to the transsexualism in the second Oz book, via the song “somewhere over the rainbow”.

Count to 10 on April 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Just to add…the whole idea behind the rainbow flag, with it’s different color stripes, is supposed to represent the diversity amongst gays. Unfortunately, gay conservatives/Republicans…or gay Christians…don’t exactly qualify as acceptable “diversity” to the Leftist gays and their liberal Democrat cohorts.

JetBoy on April 28, 2015 at 7:51 PM

More to the point, the rainbow was originally God’s symbol of the covenant with Noah to never again flood the world. It was thus a Jewish (and by extension Christian) symbol first, and has been co-opted by a movement led almost entirely by people who hate Christians and the Christian God.

I barely know how to respond to this asinine logo. On the one hand, something about it just boils my bones with rage that Hillary is aligning with these anti-Christian fascists. The other part of me says this logo is a garish, horrifying joke.

BKennedy on April 29, 2015 at 2:02 PM