Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on April 24, 2015 by Allahpundit

Campaign-finance watchdogs on Friday called for the Clinton Foundation to change its policies in the wake of new revelations about donations to the Clinton Foundation around the time that Hillary Clinton was secretary of state…

Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21, said the foundation should also stop accepting money from foreign individuals, calling the flow of foreign cash to the foundation an “ongoing serious problem.”

“When you have foreign money going to a foundation that is associated with the Clintons … it creates the appearance and the opportunity for influence buying and selling,” he said. “Now, they can argue they’re not doing any of that, but that kind of money creates opportunities that we in this country we have adopted rules to prevent…

Mr. Wertheimer said he was skeptical of Mrs. Clinton’s commitment to reform. “I am pleased that she has adopted campaign-finance reform as one of the four pillars of her campaign,” he said. “On the other hand, we have a long history where presidents have made similar commitment and never met them. Hillary Clinton will need to do far more to explain her commitment on campaign finance reform in order for it to be considered a serious commitment in the event she’s elected.”

***

The idea that the chief diplomatic officer of the United States is open for business and foreign nations, foreign businesses and foreign citizens can write checks for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars both to her foundation or to her husband for speeches, which goes directly to her personal bank account, reflects a degree of corruption unprecedented in American politics

That she thought it was acceptable to effectively be on the payroll of foreign nations while she was ostensibly representing the United States of America reveals just how corrupt the culture in Washington has become. And I’ll make a final point—of course, Senate Democrats are circling the wagons around her. Apparently, in their view, it’s perfectly fine for the Secretary of State to be on direct deposit from major foreign interests.

Every Senate Democrat should be forced to answer the question: Is it okay for the Secretary of State to receive millions of dollars from foreign nations both through a charitable foundation and into her personal bank account through checks written directly to her husband for brief speeches that yielded $500,000 a pop?

***

The qualities of an effective presidency do not seem to transfer onto a post-presidency. Jimmy Carter was an ineffective president who became an exemplary post-president. Bill Clinton appears to be the reverse. All sorts of unproven worst-case-scenario questions float around the web of connections between Bill’s private work, Hillary Clinton’s public role as secretary of State, the Clintons’ quasi-public charity, and Hillary’s noncompliant email system. But the best-case scenario is bad enough: The Clintons have been disorganized and greedy…

When you are a power couple consisting of a former president and a current secretary of State and likely presidential candidate, you have the ability to raise a lot of money for charitable purposes that can do a lot of good. But some of the potential sources of donations will be looking to get something in return for their money other than moral satisfaction or the chance to hobnob with celebrities. Some of them want preferential treatment from the State Department, and others want access to a potential future Clinton administration. To run a private operation where Bill Clinton will deliver a speech for a (huge) fee and a charity that raises money from some of the same clients is a difficult situation to navigate. To overlay that fraught situation onto Hillary’s ongoing and likely future government service makes it all much harder.

And yet the Clintons paid little to no attention to this problem.

***

Right about the time Drudge Report splashed a link to Jonathan Chait’s latest column across its homepage, I got a g-chat from a Democratic strategist: “This is a big deal,” he wrote. “My gut tells me it elevates this story to something bigger and more needing of her response. I think this might take away the chance of this ordeal being seen as a partisan witch hunt.”…

“The Clintons’ charitable initiatives were a kind of quasi-government run by themselves, which was staffed by their own loyalists and made up the rules as it went along,” Chait concludes. “Their experience running the actual government, with its formal accountability and disclosure, went reasonably well. Their experience running their own privatized mini-state has been a fiasco.”

In the eyes of my Democratic strategist, this damning critique “gives a VERY strong retort to the argument that the New Yorker said they were going to push… which is that this is a Fox News/Koch brothers-pushed story.”

“Now one of the biggest liberal voices at a big liberal mag is calling them out in the harshest terms possible makes that argument nul and void,” he wrote.

***

The story goes to the heart of several serious, growing vulnerabilities that Clinton will be facing, sooner or later. First, the perception of foreign entities paying the Clinton Foundation and later getting favorable treatment from the State Department raises the spectre of foreign governments buying access at the highest levels of the U.S. government—a politically potent allegation should any connection be proven. The fact that Clinton reportedly concealed the company’s donations to the foundation from the Obama administration only raises the reason for suspicion.

Second, it’s an unwelcome reminder that as secretary of State, Clinton viewed Russia as a trustworthy partner and didn’t see any national security consequences as a result of the transaction. Republicans will be raising questions about her foreign policy judgment on numerous hot spots that are currently deteriorating, including Libya, Ukraine, and Iran.

Third, it raises the question of what other actions she took as secretary of State that would have the consequence of enriching her family through the Clinton Foundation. Former President Bill Clinton made a half-million speaking to a Russian investment bank promoting the mining company’s stock shortly after the corporate takeover. That badly threatens to undermine her positioning as a populist fighter for the “everyday” American—an image her campaign has been assiduously pushing with her low-key launch.

Finally, her evasive answers in dealing with the controversy, refusing to address the specifics of the reporting and using her campaign team to attack the messenger(s) shows both how serious the allegations are, and how unprepared she is for the scrutiny.

***

Chapter One: “Pick Your Spots.” The Clintons flourish in that hazy interface between legal and lawless. Their dealings always stink, but are rarely blatantly or provably (or traceably) corrupt. Consider this week’s news. Yes, tons of donor cash flowed to the Clinton Foundation at the same time Mrs. Clinton’s State Department was greenlighting deals helping those donors. But prove there was a quid pro quo! The Clintons dare you.

They know you likely can’t, since Chapter Two is “Limit Those Paper Trails.” Remember those “misplaced” 1990s documents, but also reread the 2000 report from the House Committee on Government Reform titled “The Failure to Produce [Clinton] White House E-Mails: Threats, Obstruction and Unanswered Questions.” The Clintons learned it took effort to keep documents secret. These days, they make sure there are no documents at all. (Mrs. Clinton, which emails would you like us to delete? Just search for key words “yoga,” “wedding” and “uranium.”)

Chapter Three: “Remember, the Press Has ADD.” Pixar’s “Up” features Dug, a cute dog with a serious attention problem (“squirrel!!!”). This is how the Clintons view the media. Pettable. Unfocused. When caught, the Clinton communications team will issue lofty dismissals—calling charges baseless or old news—and wait for the press to believe it. If it doesn’t, Team Clinton will hold one press conference—a la Mrs. Clinton’s email event—and wait for the media to call the case closed. If it doesn’t, they will change the subject (Hillary is running for president! Squirrel!!!) and wait for the press to lose interest. It often does.

Still, if all else fails, there is Chapter Four: “Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy”—or VRWC. Mrs. Clinton’s conspiracy shtick is today a bit of a joke, but it doesn’t make it any less effective. It works to cast any serious investigation of Clinton behavior as a partisan witch hunt, and therefore illegitimate. And it does work.

***

Still, I suspect that the conclusion that this was all simply about payoffs probably misses the mark. Sure, the Clintons like money. That’s obvious. But the money is incidental to what’s really behind all of this: a mixture of entitlement and machine politics.

The Clintons are like the Tudors of the Ozarks. They believe they are royalty, but they also understand that even monarchs need friends. The Clinton Foundation is the perfect vehicle for their ambition. Like the medieval Catholic Church, it blurs the lines between ideals and interests. On the one hand, it does yeoman’s work in the Church of Liberal Dogoodery, but it also provides a conduit for business interests, foreign governments, academics, activists, and journalists to gain access to the imperial court-in-waiting.

Even if Hillary hadn’t conveniently wiped her servers clean, I suspect there wouldn’t be a lot of e-mails about quid-pro-quos. Such transactions aren’t made in the language of the bazaar, but in the lingua franca of loyalty, friendship, and noblesse oblige. Yes, Clinton Inc. needs money, but the money is likely seen more as tribute than bribery, a bit of coin offered up as a sign of loyalty to the coming Ozarkian Restoration — a restoration that may just have to wait for Chelsea.

***

It must be a pain to report all these donations to the IRS, especially the foreign ones, don’t you think?
Glad you asked. As it turns out, the Clinton Foundation didn’t report any foreign government donations for from 2010 to 2012, according to a Reuters review of the foundation’s tax returns. Following the revelations, the Clinton Foundation announced it would refile at least five years worth of tax documents to account for the millions in foreign government donations received during that period…

By the way, how does the Clinton Foundation spend all that money? Saving lives?
That’s what they say. But who really knows? Another review of the foundation’s tax documents found that the Clinton Foundation raised more than $500 million between 2009 and 2012, but spent only 15 percent of that money ($75 million) on grants to charitable organizations and causes. More than 25 percent ($135 million) went toward employee compensation, benefits, and travel expenses. The rest was classified as “other expenses,” whatever that means.

What does Hillary Clinton think of all this?
When asked about this during a campaign stop in New Hampshire last week, Hillary dismissed the barrage of troubling revelations as mere “distractions and attacks.” You know, the sort of benign hysteria that every political candidate has to deal with. She has yet to personally weigh in on the latest barrage of troubling revelations.

Does any of this really matter? Hillary is still going to be our next president, isn’t she?
Yeah, probably.

***

Via the Free Beacon.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Andy__B on April 25, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Not advocating for Warren, just saying that she could be more dangerous in the general.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hill-O-Beans!

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Hillary puts the “hag” in “hagiography”.

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:31 AM

HILLARY: I ask you to go and stand for me in the caucus on January 3rd. If you will stand for me for a night, I will stand and fight for you every day in this campaign and every day in the White House, because together we’re going to restore America’s leadership, rebuild a strong and prosperous middle class, reform the government and reclaim the future for our children! Let’s do it, Iowa Democrats! Let’s make sure that we turn up the heat and turn America around! Thank you and God bless you!

If anyone has audio of that speech, it would be much appreciated. I am already going to have nightmares, I might as well laugh myself to sleep, first.

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Befitting college students of any era, the letters are also self-absorbed and revelatory, missives from an unformed and vulnerable striver who had, in her own words, “not yet reconciled myself to the fate of not being the star.”

“Sunday was lethargic from the beginning as I wallowed in a morass of general and specific dislike and pity for most people but me especially,” Ms. Rodham reported in a letter postmarked Oct. 3, 1967.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Oh, I absolutely agree. Didn’t mean to sound unclear about that. Warren reeks of pure evil communistic progressive garbage, hillary only uses it to cash in. If hillary thought McCarthyism would make her a billion, we’d be burning communists and gays on sticks in hollywood.

Warren will engineer the completion of obama’s design for the death of this country, and worse.

Andy__B on April 25, 2015 at 1:34 AM

There ya go Aizen :)

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:36 AM

Hillary puts the hag into scumhag

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Anyone else catch the Fox special on the Clinton money machine tonight?

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 1:26 AM

Yes, but most people were likely out or watching the Kardashian attention getter.

It’s just the start. The Clinton story will only end when the 5th generation is dead.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:39 AM

There ya go Aizen :)

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:36 AM

It feels great!!

Hillary puts the hag into scumhag

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM

Much better, I have a lot to learn still, but I will patiently study under HA’s masters.

skunkhag?

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Agree that Warren is a commie leftist prog that would no doubt try to finish what Nobama has tried to start, but I’m not too sure she could get the nomination nor win the general. Unless as you say, the R’s put up someone who could not beat uncle joe. I guess I’m hoping that the Hill gets the nomination but this Foundation thing becomes so transparent that she goes down in flames in the general soooo bad that she, Billy Jeff and the Mutt are run out of town, never to be heard from again.

On that note, I will bid farewell to all and head to the barn for the night. Y’all be safe, see you tomorrow!

Iamaluckyone on April 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM

My position is that there is no such thing as either an unalienable or inalienable right. It’s an idiotic concept that derives from a throwaway line in the declaration of independence, a document with no legal power whatsoever.

Tlaloc on April 24, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:44 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:39 AM

The thing that gets me is the scale of the corruption. We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions to the Clinton Foundation, which spends most of its money on administrative costs and travel costs. (???) I mean, it’s been abundantly clear she and Bill are influence peddlers, but the magnitude of their operation is mind-boggling.

I have zero interest in which bathroom Bruce Jenner thinks he should be using and I can’t understand why anyone else does. However, since much of the world’s population appears to gripped by either delusional psychosis or obsession with the trivial I’m no longer surprised at whatever screwball has captured social media attention at the moment.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Schad, did you see JamesEdwards around today?

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 1:50 AM

Nite Iaalo

Nite HA

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:50 AM

Tlaloc on April 24, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Azzhole, scumbag, demon fellator wannabee. If this demonlick hates the US and freedom so much why is that bag of pus still sucking American air? Syria awaits, you piece of stinking shit.

GO.

Andy__B on April 25, 2015 at 1:52 AM

I guess I’m hoping that the Hill gets
Iamaluckyone on April 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM

life in solitary for treason.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 25, 2015 at 1:53 AM

life in solitary for treason.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 25, 2015 at 1:53 AM

Not if they’ll do us a solid and use the firing squad. I’d say that’s what she deserves after making sure russia gets control of 1/5th of AMERICAN uranium, that will end up in iranian hands, which will kill Israelis as well as one or more of our own big cities.

Not just treason, crimes against humanity once the bombs go off.

Andy__B on April 25, 2015 at 1:55 AM

Night, Paladin!!

Andy__B on April 25, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Summed up what I was thinking.

And to think there are millions of Tlalocs in America.

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:55 AM

Schad, did you see JamesEdwards around today?

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 1:50 AM

Coconut in the Cruz/gay thread…

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:56 AM

And to think there are millions of Tlalocs in America.

Aizen on April 25, 2015 at 1:55 AM

Makes my blood boil. Well, once we’re into the civil war their numbers will drop like little stones in a pond. That’s the only thing about it that keeps me smiling.

Andy__B on April 25, 2015 at 1:57 AM

bread – everything I own

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 1:49 AM

priorities

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 25, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Coconut in the Cruz/gay thread…

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Thanks. I’m going to go take a look. I broke my rule about engaging trolls, then later I couldn’t find it. I may have been moderated. That would make it an interesting day, since I got Twitchied earlier for the 1st time since The Boss was running it, I think.

Have a good evening.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM

nova, this tops it all

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 2:02 AM

priorities

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 25, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Absolutely. I’m far more interested in the weather and the latest news on where the fish are biting and what they’re biting, for instance.

Nothing against Jenner. He was a fine athlete and he represented our country with honor. I just have no interest in his private life. None.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 2:05 AM

OK, found it. Thanks, Schad. Once I got his handle exactly right I found it with a google site search.Guess I didn’t get moderated after all.

He didn’t comment on the thread after that.

The comment you linked exemplifies his “thinking”. Irrational and without regard to facts, he displays a cultist’s conflation of tribalism with moral superiority.

In short, he’s an obnoxious nut.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 2:19 AM

Oops, he did respond.

My bad. You be the judge. Personally I think it reflects the general quality of what he does in place of rational thought.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Have a good evening.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM

I’m sorry I missed you, Nova.

You were doubtless guilty of insisting upon thinking for yourself and expressing an original opinion. In today’s echo chamber that’s a cardinal sin. For those to whom acceptance within the herd is paramount imitation and mimicry are the order of the day and are now at epidemic proportion.

Earlier you said you couldn’t understand the fascination with the Kardashians. For the media it’s the generation of revenue. Reality television has no shelf life. It doesn’t generate sufficient advertising or merchandising revenue in re-runs so the suits use the herd mentality to cash in with spectacle. As for the rest, they’re attracted to the tawdry and vulgar, and the Kardashians, being practiced professional purveyors of the tawdry and vulgar, have parlayed that predilection into a fortune.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2015 at 2:29 AM

What is Bruce Jenders new name?

SpongePuppy on April 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Bruth

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 2:46 AM

7.5 magnitude earthquake hits Nepal – USGS
(Kathmandu is rocking..!!)

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 2:49 AM

“Mysterious X-37B Military Space Plane to Fly Again Next Month”

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 2:52 AM

It is poring down rain, here. Lightning and thunder…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 2:54 AM

“Moon and Jupiter Rendezvous This Weekend”

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 2:54 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Hi Jackie.

Nah, not so high-minded. It hit one of my triggers, which is intentionally conflating opposition to the gay marriage agenda with anti-gay bigotry and hatred. Now that I look at it again, I’m surprised I contained myself as well as I did.

I guess I do understand the Kardashian fascination, at some level. It just reflects so badly on the human race I don’t want to.

novaculus on April 25, 2015 at 2:55 AM

635 days 22 hours 2 minutes 31 seconds and a wake up…
the Great American Socialist Experiment continues… :(

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 2:57 AM

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 2:54 AM

pouring…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 2:57 AM

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 2:54 AM

evening OC.. hows your healing going?…

we’re suppose to get snow here tonight..
like the snow we got for earth day last week,,

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:00 AM

for SP… Japanese Wood Tools…

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:05 AM

Slow going, G2M. How about your healing?

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 3:05 AM

was slow for the first three weeks..
but I am officially on the mend now..

sorry to hear your still in low gear..
what did the doc say?

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:08 AM

Three nights in a row of no CoolRePublica. Man, now thats what i call living….

elvis lives on April 25, 2015 at 3:14 AM

what did the doc say?

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:08 AM

Guess I’ll have nerve damage pain rest of my life…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 3:19 AM

Guess I’ll have nerve damage pain rest of my life…

OmahaConservative on April 25, 2015 at 3:19 AM

your doctor said that??…
time to seek another opinion..
brave boys came home missing limbs,
and somehow they are controlling the pain..
perhaps your answer lies there,..
maybe look up a VA or Wounded Warrior website..
I’d be getting several ideas,, from many Doctors..

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:25 AM

“Earthquake in Nepal upgraded by US Geological Survey to 7.9 magnitude, 2km deep, casualties taken to hospital – USGS”

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:33 AM

So Cruz is running to the “left” of walker on Immigration. Interesting.

kcewa on April 25, 2015 at 3:40 AM

Ex-Guantanamo detainees in Uruguay protest at U.S. Embassy

Just can’t please some people…

MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (AP) — Four freed Guantanamo Bay detainees protested in front of the U.S. Embassy on Friday night, saying they were angry about being asked to leave a Uruguayan hotel that had been housing them and demanding Washington help them financially.

By their own admission, they have struggled to adjust, and on several occasions have complained about not getting enough help from Uruguay’s government.

In early February, a controversy erupted when people in Uruguay learned that the men had been offered jobs but did not take them.

kcewa on April 25, 2015 at 3:46 AM

going2mars on April 25, 2015 at 3:05 AM

Thanks Giddyup2mars. Opps. Going, sorry.

SpongePuppy on April 25, 2015 at 4:46 AM

A GoFundMe account that was set up for Sweet Cakes by Melissa, the Oregon bakery that was told by a judge on Friday they had to pay $135K for “emotional damages” has now been shut down after complaints of hosting hate by the usual suspects. It’s not enough for militant gays to hound people out of business, they don’t others to help people like Aaron & Melissa Klein.

This is the reply people are getting from GoFundMe.

After careful review by our team, we have found the “Support Sweet Cakes By Melissa” campaign to be in violation of our Terms and Conditions. The money raised thus far will still be made available for withdrawal.

While a different campaign was recently permitted for a pizzeria in Indiana, no laws were violated and the campaign remained live. However, the subjects of the “Support Sweet Cakes By Melissa” campaign have been formally charged by local authorities and found to be in violation of Oregon state law concerning discriminatory acts. Accordingly, the campaign has been disabled.

Regards,
The GoFundMe Team

This doesn’t hold water, because Baronelle Stutzman’s page is still up, and she was found liable for violating WA’s discrimination law. Her account probably won’t be there for long, because I read at one site they’ve gone after her as well, and GoFundMe is supposed to decide what to do tomorrow.

INC on April 25, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Screw Bruce Jenner and every fool who supports him.

DisneyFan on April 25, 2015 at 5:47 AM

What happened to the @GoFundMe page for Sweet Cakes? http://danaloeschradio.com/lesbian-couple-claims-mental-rape-at-refusal-of-wedding-cake

One of the Klein’s attorneys has written to GoFundMe, but I doubt the company will reverse.

Lesbian Couple Claims “Mental Rape” At Refusal Of Wedding Cake

A family of five who operates a bakery in Oregon was sued by a same sex couple for declining to bake them a wedding cake. Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer sued Aaron and Melissa Klein of Sweet Cakes Bakery, forcing it to close its doors and won damages which will bankrupt the family. The Bowman-Cryers claimed they felt “mentally raped” in a list of 88 symptoms of emotional distress at being refused a cake:

This was on the GoFundMe page before it was taken down:

Aaron and Melissa Klein, Christian owners of the custom cake shop Sweet Cakes by Melissa, declined to create and design a cake for the wedding of two women whom they had happily served for other purposes in the past. The Kleins felt that they simply could not create a work of art celebrating something their religion prohibited.

Although the couple was able to secure another cake for their wedding within a matter of days and even received a free cake from celebrity pastry chef Duff Goldman, they filed a complaint with the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industry. The State of Oregon has prosecuted this case vigorously and has asked for damages in excess of $150,000.

The Kleins have already had to close their shop and have been struggling to make ends meet. They have five children, the youngest of which are two year old twins. The state is going after their personal assets and any amount they have to pay will be money that they would have used to pay their mortgage and feed their children.

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:07 AM

They had to close the bakery business down over a year ago. This is from an old Blaze column.

How’d you like to have little kids at home and be getting e-mails like these?

In addition to losing their business, the Klein family has been impacted in other ways. Their children are now homeschooled — a decision that Melissa said she made this year following the media firestorm that erupted. And in light of the bakery’s closure, Aaron has gone back to work to help provide for the family.

The harassing e-mails haven’t stopped either. Melisa shared just a few of the messages she has received of late:

One message with the subject line “racist maggots” read, “People like you will burn in HELL, you racist pigs.“
Another read, “Your homophobic rants will not be forgotten and you will go out of business. This is the 21st century, a**holes.”
And another: “Do everyone a favor and fall off a cliff.”
One individual made it very personal: “Honey it would take a lot to make your ugly a** look good! You are ugly inside and out!”
And finally: “Maybe your god will send you some cat food to eat when you are living on the street?”

And those are just a few of the messages received over the past few days. Negative social media comments, too, have abounded.

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:07 AM

Hi. INC.

Wow. That makes me sick. Talk about vindictive militant thuggery.

SpongePuppy on April 25, 2015 at 6:17 AM

So if you don’t bake someone a gay wedding cake that somehow causes them damages to the tune of 150 k?

Lunacy. Pure and simple. They hate normal people.

SpongePuppy on April 25, 2015 at 6:21 AM

Hey, SpongePuppy,

Good to see you. I needed a lift after reading that the gays want to shut off people helping the Kleins.

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Lunacy. Pure and simple. They hate normal people.

SpongePuppy on April 25, 2015 at 6:21 AM

They ended up with two cakes, one of which made by a celebrity baker, and all that money.

If you’ve read comments on other sites, then you know the trolls here are relatively mild. The vitriol is unbelievable. They are literally full to the brim with hate.

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:34 AM

Catch you later!

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:35 AM

If anyone finds out what happened to the gofundme account please post it on here. And how we can continue financial support.

What was the fund up to when it was shut down?

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 7:23 AM

Ask what happened to the account for Aaron and Melissa Klein of Sweet Cakes Bakery.

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 7:35 AM

The “drama being played out” in the Med with the immigrant ships was fortold in this book: https://ia601402.us.archive.org/25/items/CampOfTheSaints/Camp_of_the_Saints_djvu.txt

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 7:44 AM

NGO:

“Arguably the most interesting non-governmental organzation today, which proves the importance of inclusion by its short-comings but is formidable, is ISIS,” said [Bill] Clinton.

How has ISIS donated?

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 7:59 AM

1 AO:

“The Cold War has been over for a very long time. And I am not interested in having battles that frankly started before I was born.”

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM

I want to know if gyrocopter man is going to vote for Ms. Clinton. Or is it just American money he wants to keep out of politics.

Cindy Munford on April 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

INC on April 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Lovely people.

Cindy Munford on April 25, 2015 at 8:17 AM

GM, Ford, And Others Want to Make Working on Your Own Car Illegal

LOL. I don’t even bother looking at the engines of my newer vehicles…I remember my ’76 Ford LTD-could change out the alternator with a tire iron and it was right up front with a gracious amount of space between it and the radiator.

Now, I don’t even know what the hell I’m looking at!

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 25, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Happy Saturday, y’all!

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.- Ronald Reagan

My take: http://wp.me/pSio7-3lL A Matter of Respect: OUR Flag, OUR Veterans, OUR Country

kingsjester on April 25, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Warren… could be more dangerous in the general.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:29 AM

This is what scares me a bit. My nutcase relatives are starting to see Bill’s Hill as shady but they love them some Lizzie.

Fallon on April 25, 2015 at 9:09 AM

We have always had those who will sue for not getting a cake or whatever they feel has caused emotional dismay over. What we need is judges who don’t agree or award them $1 instead of thousands, and political leaders who want to protect the majority instead of protected groups.

Kissmygrits on April 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM

The account for the Klein’s got shut down over night. You can thank this SJW for doing their Progressive duty on that one.

Today is also the day for March for Marriage in Washington, DC. Daily Signal has the details. They also have a petition to show support for traditional marriage AND a way to show support for the march through a “virtual march” link!!!

Pass the info on, please! Let’s see if we can get them some support today!!!

lineholder on April 25, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Now, I don’t even know what the hell I’m looking at!

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 25, 2015 at 8:48 AM

And you could see the ground.

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM

I will post updates on ways to help victims of the Nepal earthquake, if anyone is interested.

Christien on April 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM

davidk on April 25, 2015 at 7:23 AM

From comments I saw last night the fund was over $100,000. It went up rapidly. I only saw the page soon after it was posted, so I can’t tell you first hand. Samaritan’s Purse has set up another fund.

This is from Sweet Cakes by Melissa facebook.

The gofundme account that was set up to help our family was shut down by the administrators of gofundme because they claimed it was raising money for an illegal purpose. We have told gofundme that the money is simply going to be used to help our family, and there is no legitimate breach of their terms and conditions. We are working to get the account reinstated.
However, in the mean time, if you would like to donate, you can do so here: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/…/christian-couple-faces-13…/
For all of you who gave to the gofundme account before it was shut down, we so appreciate your love and generosity. Gofundme has told us that we will still receive those funds.

Thank you Franklin Graham! I suppose this is what has to happen. A Christian organization has to step in to coordinate funding.

INC on April 25, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Dana Loesch has been updating her twitter re Sweet Cakes:

and at this post:

Lesbian Couple Claims “Mental Rape” At Refusal Of Wedding Cake *UPDATED

INC on April 25, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Happy Saturday, y’all!

kingsjester on April 25, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Great post, KJ; always appreciate your take.
We don’t need laws mandating respect for our flag or country, so long as we have parents who teach that respect, and leaders who show it.

PS Props to you for spelling y’all correctly; it’s my hobby-horse on blogs and elsewhere.

AesopFan on April 25, 2015 at 5:00 PM

It’ll still get way worse but I only wish the thugs all get what they put in motion, for they are oblivious.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM

I don’t doubt for a moment that they will be getting what’s coming to them, soon, very soon. :)

Anti-ControI on April 25, 2015 at 5:44 PM