Rubio 2013: I can’t imagine a Republican president undoing an Obama executive order on amnesty

posted at 11:31 am on April 14, 2015 by Allahpundit

Is this anecdote from Byron York new or did I miss it when he first published it? Either way, can’t wait until Rubio gets asked whether he still believes this at his first presidential campaign townhall.

Oh, by the way: What he says here is 100 percent correct.

“Here’s my big worry,” Rubio told me during an interview while the bill was making its way through the Senate. “I fear that if this thing fails, the president will basically say to anyone in the U.S. who has been here more than three years, who has not committed a serious crime…he’ll say, ‘We’ll do for you what we did for the DREAM kids.’ And the problem with that will be you will have 10 million people legalized in the United States by executive order, so that when there is a new president, if it is a conservative, a Republican, one of the first decisions they will have to make is whether to yank that status from those people and deport them. I cannot imagine a scenario where a future president is going to take away the status they’re going to get. I believe it’s what [Obama] will do. Maybe not all 10 million, but he’ll do it for six million.”

Could any prediction have been more spot-on? The Gang of Eight bill did indeed fail, and all the rest came to pass, pretty much exactly as Rubio said.

Precisely right. I’ve made the same point repeatedly since O issued his order last fall. No Republican president is going to introduce himself and his party to Latino constituents on day one by summarily torpedoing O’s amnesty order. And Obama knows that. He wouldn’t have gambled on something as dubious and momentous as a massive power grab on immigration if he thought a conservative successor would feel comfortable tossing it out in two years. It will bind the next president, not by force of law but by force of politics. Rubio’s smart enough to have realized that more than a year before O’s order was even issued. What’s remarkable about what he said to York isn’t the insight but the fact that an aspiring Republican presidential candidate would be willing to say it out loud. Which makes me wonder: How are he and the rest of the field going to shake out when asked about rescinding O’s amnesty? Rand Paul’s already introduced a bill in the Senate to repeal Obama’s order, which presumably means President Paul would cancel it. Ted Cruz has said he’ll undo all of Obama’s unconstitutional executive orders if elected, so he’s in on the repeal game too. But then, this call is easy for Paul and Cruz given that their chances depend on consolidating the conservative vote. Candidates who are more towards the middle, like Bush, Walker, and especially Rubio, who’s under pressure to show he’ll hold special appeal to Latino voters in the general election, have to worry more about “electability.” What do they say when asked if they’ll cancel O’s order? Will Rubio promise to do so, having already admitted to York that it’s politically impossible?

While you mull that question, here’s another one: Given the baggage he still carries over amnesty on the right, what is this guy doing boasting on launch day that he’s done more for immigration reform than Hillary Clinton ever has?

“Well, I don’t know about the [other Republican presidential candidates], but I’ve done more on immigration than Hillary Clinton ever did. I mean I helped pass an immigration bill out of a Senate dominated by Democrats,” Rubio said. “She’s given speeches on it, but she’s never done anything on it.”…

Rubio went on to say that the GOP’s problem with minority voters is that it has been portrayed as a party that doesn’t care about people trying to make it in America. “I don’t think people go to the ballot box and say I’m a Latino therefore I’m voting Democrat,” he said. “I think they bring with them their hopes and dreams about the future and they vote for whoever they think best understands it.”

I know, I know — arguably there’s no point in him downplaying his immigration record since he’s going to get clubbed with it anyway. But … why not at least wait until after the primaries to start talking up his big bipartisan amnesty initiative? He’ll have months to do that during the general election campaign, with the full blessing of conservatives in the name of beating Hillary, after he’s won the nomination. Trumpeting his lame achievement with the Gang of Eight right now means reminding primary voters that on this issue, in terms of who’s done more to move the ball on legalizing illegals, he’s to the left of Hillary Clinton. I guess he’s given up on tea-party votes as completely as Jeb has, huh?

Exit question: Remember the time Rubio replied to liberal threats of executive amnesty by urging righties to suck it up and give the left what it wants? Now that’s leadership.

Comments

endanger youself yourself

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM

I will have to excuse myself from this conversation for now. The little pie eater just showed up. Off to have some fun! ; )

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Enjoy Bmore :)

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Roh-oh. Just last week I was idly musing whether Rubio would get get a lot of comments when he announces as compared to Cruz. So far I was good until this posting came out. From a prospective candidate’s perspective, this is 500 comments and counting but for the wrong reasons –defending someone who thinks sticking to rule of law can be politically incorrect. In other words believing that messing with illegals beyond amnesty is the new 3rd rail. Yeah just wait till 10s of millions realize that granting amnesty to illegals will destroy their standard of living, then the rail we’ll be discussing won’t be of the 3rd kind but a rail out of town with a parting gift of tar and feathers if not worse.

AH_C on April 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Just because I don’t agree with someone on immigration doesn’t give them the right to go to my Facebook and photoshop a pic of me like that. Grow up. It’s high school crap.

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 5:07 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 5:07 PM

You are the only one who needs to group up, honey.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 5:08 PM

I have no problem appealing to minority voters, but not at the expense of adding more of them to the voting rolls, which is what the immigration policy would do that some here are calling for.

I whole-heartedly reject the “comprehensive immigration reform” that has been floated for the last few years. We really don’t need any new laws on the books. All we need to do is enforce the ones we already have.

Conversion goes both ways when you open up the kind of serious dialogue you want to open.

That kind of serious dialogue is the only chance we have. Without it, any movement atrophies.

In George W. Bush’s case, he went for big government. For example, what do you think of his minority housing program? That sort of policy was the epitome of Bush’s minority outreach. How did it exacerbate the housing bubble? Did you think when those same minorities lost their homes that they thought all that kindly of Bush encouraging them to become home owners by federal policy?

I hate that kind of pandering. Big government is antithetical to conservative principles. Bush was wrong every time he expanded government reach, and overall I don’t consider him to be very conservative.

Or what about Rand Paul sitting down with Al Sharpton and taking the position that any law which has a disparate impact should be dismantled? Since those laws with a disparate impact include prohibitions against murder and rape, Rand clearly hasn’t thought through his idea.

Agreed. Rand has made several bone-headed moves and statements as he gears up for the campaign.

But that’s the problem with so many GOP ideas for minority outreach. They just have Republicans sounding and acting like Democrats. That’s because politicians are better at being converted than converting.

I completely agree, and that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about you and me and any other conservatively-minded person actually interacting with people. In real life, online, wherever. Yes, we need good conservative politicians, too, but we won’t get those until we get more conservative voters. It will be a lot harder for members of a minority to say, “Conservatives are racists!” when our interactions with them indicate otherwise.

I have no intention of playing along with this silly game. If you go chasing after some guy who respects Al Sharpton, you’re going to lose mine.

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 4:41 PM

This bunker mentality is going to kill conservatism much more surely than any election. Conservatives have been largely silenced in real life for years now. Oh sure, our representatives hear from us when they go astray. But the everyday non-conservative American hasn’t seen or heard a conservative in real life for years. We’re all too scared to say anything. It’s time we take on a much more evangelical attitude and prove to people from all walks of life that we’re not the big, bad monsters the media makes us out to be.

yaedon on April 14, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 4:41 PM

One addendum:

Every once in a while, a truly special politician comes along who is almost single-handedly able to shift the electorate to the right. Obviously, Reagan is the most recent example. But we can’t expect that type of politician to drop out of the sky and save us. We need to be out “there” changing hearts and minds.

yaedon on April 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Barf:

Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) wrote in his book that he cried when Obama was elected:
“I was so proud to be an American, and so moved by the powerful symbolism of the moment, I couldn’t stop myself from tearing up.”

whatcat on April 13, 2015 at 10:57 PM

bluegill on April 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Apparently [Rubio] lies more pitch perfectly, in Spanish

Rubio was never suckered by anyone. From the very start of his political career he preached amnesty to Spanish speaking audiences like La Raza, and securing the border to English speaking audiences. The speeches were available to watch online. Many articles discussing this were posted here [Free Republic] and I participated in a lot of those threads. So from day one it was indisputably clear that slimeball Rubio was a liar. The only question was…which audience was he lying to? That is pretty clear now.

When Rubio was in the Florida legislature he was already promoting the goals of illegals and preventing bills that would have done something about them. He wasn’t suckered by Schumer and Obama. His real view of illegals is the same as theirs. He’s just lying about it after the American people rose up in anger over the amnesty he was pushing. Vote for Rubio and you’ll get amnesty and open borders.

h/t anotherjoe

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Well said. This is important information for people to know.

There are actually still conservatives who are supporting Rubio? I guess that shows that, even among conservatives, there are low-info voters, sadly. It must be pretty embarrassing to have to admit you are for a total phony like Rubio.

Rubio is a liar and can’t be trusted.
Rubio Vs. Rubio-
TALE OF A PRO-AMNESTY SNAKE:

When speaking to Spanish language audiences, Marco Rubio hasn’t even tried to hide his “legalization first” position (which is in direct opposition to what he promised when campaigning for conservative votes to get the nomination):

Senator Marco Rubio has reversed himself on immigration and demonstrated with words and actions that his Gang of 8 plan will provide a path to citizenship and that the path will begin before the border is secured.

(Speaking in Spanish on Univision) “Let’s be clear. Nobody is talking about preventing the legalization. The legalization is going to happen. That means the following will happen: First comes the legalization. Then comes the measures to secure the border. And then comes the process of permanent residence. What we’re talking about here is the system of permanent residence. As for the legalization, the enormous majority of my colleagues have accepted that it has to happen and that it has to begin at the same time we begin the measures for [the border]. It is not conditional. The legalization is not conditional.”

bluegill on April 14, 2015 at 5:33 PM

yaedon on April 14, 2015 at 5:16 PM

The problem is within the GOP. The Chamber of Commerce Republicans have the upper hand and they don’t want serious candidates in the party representing those conservatives who have strong national views.

I think this is too Oprah-esque. I’m married to a non-white minority, speak a foreign language, and lived in a non-white country for a decade before returning to northern California. I interact with minorities all the time and have throughout my life.

But minorities vote the way they do for straightforward reasons. Blacks and Hispanics, for example, are poor They need and want government help.

Asians and Jews are not poor, but many of them distrust the nationalist and religious sentiments that bubble up from the GOP base and feel more comfortable with Democratic sentiments.

In brief, these groups vote Democrat because they want to vote Democrat. There’s nothing cosmetic about it.

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 5:37 PM

yaedon on April 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM

You were closer the first time when you told me that we conservatives all had to evangelize on behalf of conservatism.

Politicians are the beneficiaries of movements at the grassroots. Reagan won over a lot of Catholic and southern white voters because those voters felt abandoned by the Democratic Party, not because Reagan was some kind of Pied Piper.

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 5:40 PM

UKIP is eating Cameron’s lunch and look what gives.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 5:48 PM

UKIP is eating Cameron’s lunch and look what gives.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 5:48 PM

LOL ! It’s amazing what a little political pressure will do, isn’t it?

That’s why I’m not interested in these dialogues about compromise. I’m interested in total victory. Give us what we want or go someplace else for votes.

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 5:56 PM

It’s fine to hang Rubio with his blundering and flip-flopping on immigration. He isn’t going to win anyway, probably hopes to get the VP nod, but at least will have set up a national network for fundraising for Governor in 2018.

But remember – and I do hate to confuse you folks with facts like this – the Obama amnesty program is currently enjoined, and the three-judge panel of the appeals court consists of two conservative judges and one Obama drone. So it’s likely to stay in place.

~~

Naturally, the Administration will appeal to the en banc Court of Appeals, and no matter what happens there the injunction seems headed for the Supremes. And that’s before the issue is tried on its merits – but it stops implementation until resolved.

The point being that it is entirely possible that we will be talking about 100,000 or so already processed, not the potential of 5-6 million Obama wants to legalize.

~~

Had this been an actual alert, you would have been instructed where to tune in your area for news and official information. We now return you to gnashing of teeth, rending of garments, and irrational wailing already in progress.

Adjoran on April 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Adjoran on April 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM

So what. Since when have conservatives stopped fighting something just because the courts are discussing it?

Conservatives in California made that mistake after Prop 187 passed and it was the worst mistake we ever made. The best tactic is to keep the pressure on. Don’t let off.

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Don’t let off.

Or even “up.”

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Just For You humorless one.

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 4:54 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 5:07 PM

No, what gives them the right, is that you made yourself a public figure. When you did that you surrendered any right to object to the public use of your image for purposes of satire or education. As a Licensed Publisher of over 20 years, I guarantee you, you can complain all you want, but no judge in America would agree to hear your case.

oscarwilde on April 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Just For You humorless one.

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:11 PM

That’s pretty good work.

Pincher Martin on April 14, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Bmore! Bravo!

HornetSting on April 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM

I won’t be posting on Hot Air anymore. Disappointed people would act so childish over a political disagreement. Done.

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

:) She’ll frame it.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Treason isn’t a mere political disagreement.

oscarwilde on April 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Grow up.

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Being a traitor to one’s country, and her laws, is not “political disagreement”.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Being called “racists” is not a “political disagreement”.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Adjoran on April 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Obama’s executive amnesty is actually preferable to what you and Rubio wanted to do, ie “comprehensive immigration reform” which would have been permanent.

That is why Obama waited so long; he was counting on the stupid party to come through for him yet again.

Were it not for Cantor’s ouster Boner & co. could easily have tried to pass something worse, I’m sure you would have supported that!

Redstone on April 14, 2015 at 6:25 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Goodness gracious. No accounting for taste I guess. My apologies for putting you in full temper tantrum mode. You ask me to take it down. I will.

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Marco Rubio’s campaign announcement is really bringing people together.

Redstone on April 14, 2015 at 6:30 PM

:) She’ll frame it.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

One with and of good humor would love the work. It is just a fun piece. Does she really think anyone would recognize her?!?! Even if they did, why would they recognize her? If she wasn’t acting so incensed she might enjoy. Oh well. At least you appreciate it my friend. ; )

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:30 PM

:) She’ll frame it.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Van Gogh had to cut off an ear. Picasso’s genius wasn’t seen for years.

HornetSting on April 14, 2015 at 6:32 PM

It’s a fine piece of art.

Go forward and worry not. It’s love.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Let’s see how much self-control she has :)

Hornet, you stinger, you.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:33 PM

When is 24 too young to have a baby? You realize people are waiting till their late 20s to have children.

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM

What kind of stupid are you? It’s better to have 3 ~ 4 quality generations per century than to have 5~7 crappy generations.

Amnestizing 60 million filthy illegals (here’s a clue – there are not and haven’t been for 15 -20 years, 11 million illegals hiding in the shadows – more like 30 million hiding and another 30 with chain migration) will be the death of us and we’ll be no better economically than the PIIGS or more like indistinguishable from Mexico. 5% well off and the rest barely getting by peasant campesino style.

AH_C on April 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Being called “racists” is not a “political disagreement”.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:23 PM

If it’s true that terryannonline called someone (or everyone) who doesn’t support illegal immigration a racist, I’m happy she’s not going to comment here any more.

I was disappointed she was leaving. Even though I disagree with her on this issue I was happy to have her here. But if she’s calling people racists, good riddance to terryannonline.

jaime on April 14, 2015 at 6:36 PM

“You old white people. It is your duty to die.” -Cebada

PRO-ILLEGAL ALIEN AMNESTY ACTIVISTS SHOW THEIR TRUE COLORS!

Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets; “Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die … Through love of having children, we are going to take over. ”

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council. “They’re afraid we’re going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They’re right. We will take them over … We are here to stay.”

Excelsior, the national newspaper of Mexico, “The American southwest seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a single shot.”

Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas and La Raza founder; “We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population … I love it. They are shitting in their pants with fear. I love it.”

Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party, “Remember 187 — proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non-citizens — was the last gasp of white America in California.”

Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor, “We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country … I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, “I’m going to go out there and vote because I want to pay them back.”

Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Governor Jerry Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill Clinton, “California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn’t like it should leave.”

Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General , “We are practicing ‘La Reconquista’ in California.”

Professor Fernando Guerra, Loyola Marymount University; “We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos …”

It’s revealing to hear from pro-illegal alien amnesty activists. These are Democrat allies and the people pro-amnesty Republicans like Rubio side with over American citizens. I believe/hope that most legal Hispanic and Latino Americans are rightly disgusted, not only by the attempts to enact mass illegal alien amnesty, but also by the racist, anti-white behavior of amnesty supporters.

bluegill on April 14, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Good collection of .. disturbing .. quotes.

anotherJoe on April 14, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Off to the forest floor with it. To those that enjoyed. Thank you very much. ; )

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Just For You humorless one.

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I LOL’d Funny/correct on so many levels.

AH_C on April 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM

anotherJoe, your excellent quote from last night made quite a few rounds today. Thank you.

jamies, yes, she called all who are for legal immigration that.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:38 PM

jamie…no idea where the “s” came from :(

If you look back you’ll find the “racists” and then she denied her own evidence.

You’re a talented one, Bmore. That is a nice piece of art, and so much love.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Just for the record, obama shot his big amnesty program for going royal/thuggish.

Boehner/McConnel would have given him amnesty, if he’d have been more collegial.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Adjoran on April 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Umm. Or a conservative POTUS could gird his loins and announce that his first act upon swearing in is to strike all the EOs.

And put out word that while not actively hunting and deporting, anyone still in country and hads an encounter with law enforcement, if the ecounter is not felonious, they will be turned forthwith over to ICE and deported. Any possessions left behind auctioned off. If felonious, they will be remanded to criminal prosecution and any inhabitants found at their place of residence will be picked up and deported with whatever they can carry in one suitcase.

Or they could forestall abrupt deportation and self-deport prior to the swearing in — load up all their possessions into their jalopy and go home and get back into line. Anyone deported will be bio-scanned and barred entry, even on tourist visa for 10 years.

La Raza will scream and shout, the msm will scream and shout but come the day after election day and if that candidate wins, you will hear a vast sucking sound as the illegals make a bumrush for the border. Because they will be led to understand that while countless judges can make their ruling, they have no way to enforce it. Karma’s a biatch and while I’m all for rule of law, I have no qualms with POTUS upsurping the other baranches in order to enforce the rule of law.

AH_C on April 14, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Let’s see how much self-control she has :)

Hornet, you stinger, you.

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:33 PM

:~)

HornetSting on April 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Without borders enforced you end up like the Apache.

La Raza is their final solution for U S .

APACHEWHOKNOWS on April 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Interesting

Bmore on April 14, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 6:38 PM

De nada. That quote was from this FR thread.

Pic of Rubio and Schumer. Look at Schumer’s grin: http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-Graphics/RubioSchumerAmnesty.png

anotherJoe on April 14, 2015 at 6:58 PM

anotherJoe on April 14, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Wolf watching sheep

Schadenfreude on April 14, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Without borders enforced you end up like the Apache.

La Raza is their final solution for U S .

APACHEWHOKNOWS on April 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM

If my Native American Ancestors had been able to cooperate for a common goal, and had had firearms. The United States of America would probably not exist today. If we can cooperate for a common goal and use the firearms we have, it just might survive.

What I am certain of, is if we surrender, it is doomed.

oscarwilde on April 14, 2015 at 7:03 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Well, looks like somebody loaded their diapers.

I miss all the fun…..

Augustinian on April 14, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Marco Rubio’s identity politics is not going to work with conservatives, or frankly even with moderate Republicans. Rubio and Christie would be better off challenging Hillary for the Democrat nomination.

sauldalinsky on April 14, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Ted Cruz will. Cruz 2016 saving America form an illegal invasion.

searcher on April 14, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Ted Cruz will. Cruz 2016 saving America form an illegal invasion.
searcher on April 14, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Agree 100%.

bluegill on April 15, 2015 at 1:30 AM

No wonder the republican party bosses are cool with Rubio. He’ll be a good little RINO candidate.

MCGIRV on April 15, 2015 at 2:13 AM

“Shut up,” he explained.

catsmeow on April 15, 2015 at 8:06 AM

I’ll stick with Cruz. He’s the one who has said he would reverse all of obozo’s policies. He can start with this one and move to sanctions on Cuba.

Kissmygrits on April 15, 2015 at 9:03 AM

… one of the first decisions they will have to make is whether to yank that status from those people and deport them

It’s getting a little tiresome to see Republicans repeating the deport them or make them legal excuse as though that was the only approach.

The solution would be to revoke their legal status and then to enforce existing laws against hiring or giving benefits to illegal aliens.

Enforcing those laws, by the way, is a necessary step in any serious proposal to secure the border and should be done regardless of any executive action by Obama. .

Nomas on April 15, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Nomas on April 15, 2015 at 9:14 AM

And the strawman excuse “you can’t put them on buses and send them back” isn’t a viable dodge. The Dems have been bringing the illegals in and shipping them via buses, planes trains and automobiles to every part of the country, proving it can be done quite easily. All you have to do is reverse the process.

whatcat on April 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Kissmygrits on April 15, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Yep!

fight like a girl on April 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Rich, coming from one of the most childish people engaged in the topic.

Your lies, whining and casting as racist everyone that disagrees with you will be sorely missed. /

Midas on April 15, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Sorry, but I don’t know how any conservative can trust Rubio. The FIRST significant thing he does in the Senate is to embrace what is essentially amnesty? What about all the other conservative issues that he could have made a name on?

And, how is getting suckered by Schumer a qualification for election to president?

Frankly, when I look at Rubio, one thought is “Don’t send a boy to do a man’s job.”

He would have a hard enough time being re-elcted as a Senator, let alone President. All he can do is make the road harder for the REAL solid, bold, dependable conservative — Ted Cruz.

Whitewolf7070 on April 15, 2015 at 3:59 PM

I will say one thing, and then you can all beat me up. My 23-year old daughter who really hates all things political, watched Rubio’s speech the other night, I had it on and she just happened to be in the room, she would never purposely sit and watch a campaign speech. But she was inspired by him. Now, she knows nothing about him, but if he can do that to a 23-year old non-political kid, the guy has something. There’s no one else in this race, at least not right now, that can do that. Maybe a little charisma is what this party needs.

ivorygirl on April 15, 2015 at 4:39 PM

I’m SOOOO tired of this. I really don’t understand how people are disqualifying him on this one thing. Every single thing he predicted about it came true. He has apologized and taken back what he did. He’s conservative on 99% of the rest of the other issues. He’s a great speaker. He’s the most likeable candidate on either side.

If you hold every single candidate to impossibly high standards, you’ll never vote for anyone.

rexbatt on April 15, 2015 at 7:06 PM

terryannonline on April 14, 2015 at 6:18 PM

I hope you reconsider…you shouldn’t let yourself be driven out of here by children with boundary issues, should you? :)

Anti-ControI on April 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM

“uh oh”

There’s no “uh oh” about it. Not a surprise to this here card-carrying GOP sheeple ex voter.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 15, 2015 at 8:38 PM