posted at 6:31 pm on January 18, 2015 by Jazz Shaw

A number of people warned of unintended consequences when states such as Colorado legalized the casual use, growing and possession of marijuana. There was talk of increased crime, rising unemployment and stoned hippies rolling around the streets of Denver looking for some spare change. But there was one thing nobody warned us about. (Emphasis added.)

When Colorado legalized marijuana two years ago, nobody was quite ready for the problem of exploding houses.

But that is exactly what firefighters, courts and lawmakers across the state are confronting these days: amateur marijuana alchemists who are turning their kitchens and basements into “Breaking Bad”-style laboratories, using flammable chemicals to extract potent drops of a marijuana concentrate commonly called hash oil, and sometimes accidentally blowing up their homes and lighting themselves on fire in the process.

With this comes a new raft of legal questions. It was fairly basic when you were thinking of stoners being able to go to the new Joints-R-Us store (by the way… I’m trademarking that right now) to pick up some weed, go home and smoke it. It’s another question when some of them decide to break out their Bill Nye “I Wanna Be A Chemist” kit and start cooking up the goods.

Even as cities try to clamp down on homemade hash oil and lawmakers consider outlawing it, some enthusiasts argue for their right to make it safely without butane, and criminal defense lawyers say the practice can no longer be considered a crime under the 2012 constitutional amendment that made marijuana legal to grow, smoke, process and sell.

Home chemistry carries all sorts of risks for those without the proper education, training and equipment. As a much younger man, I married a woman who may or may not have had a copy of a book which may or may not have aroused the suspicions of law enforcement officials if they saw you with it.

jazzpark2a

Some of the stories included with the “recipes” were shocking and made me wonder how any of the hippies ever lived to make it out of the sixties. There were plans for making LSD which could apparently burn down your apartment with you in it. (There were also schemes to make highly destructive devices which seemed far more likely to kill the “chemist” attempting them than any intended target.) So I wasn’t terribly surprised to learn from this article that people were attempting things with pot (of which I’d never even heard) which were blowing up their homes.

But this new frontier of legalization raises another question in my mind. There is apparently a legal battle looming over whether or not these permissive new laws will allow the rank and file citizen to create “hash oil” and other concoctions which may destroy small city blocks when they go awry. Fair enough. But if that is now permissible, how is it that we can’t have our own stills in our back yards to make alcohol?

Let’s face it.. the danger of blowing up your still is real if you put it under cover in an unventilated area or allow the fumes too near open flames. But if you’re stupid enough to do that, one might argue that you had it coming. Alcohol has been legal in most places since the 21st Amendment was passed in 1933. It’s still prohibited to distill your own shine. But the moment we legalize pot people can start making hash oil? We’ve long known that the bootlegging laws have almost nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with making sure Uncle Sam collects his sin taxes. If we’re going to venture into this brave new world of marijuana we deserve a fresh look at the bootlegging laws.

Comments

Darwin Awards to be handed out shortly.

A bronzed bottle of clorox and ammonia.

profitsbeard on January 18, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Fresh Darwin Award candidates!

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:37 PM

profitsbeard on January 18, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Dang it, timing is EVERYTHING!

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:38 PM

But legal to brew your own beer.

I know a lot of people (and I mean a lot) who do this kind of extraction. I think those using butane are, for the most part, fools.

That said, there are far safer extraction methods which should require only minimum regulation…

JohnGalt23 on January 18, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Jazz, I do how that’s not a picture of your “wife.” You may have a vision problem…

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Ugh. How = hope.

Slow down…

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Cool – I mean, hot.

Pork-Chop on January 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Flip Wilson hardest hit.

profitsbeard on January 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM

…to extract potent drops of a marijuana concentrate commonly called hash oil, and sometimes accidentally blowing up their homes and lighting themselves on fire in the process.

Hahahaaaa! That’s what happens when you mix Obamaphone voters with kitchen hash labs.

Hey y’all, you pays yer money and you takes yer chances.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Oh gods! The Anarchist Cookbook brings back memories. I was a fire officer of a small suburban department outside a major city after the first WTC bombing. We received a series of lectures from the ATF on recognizing and dealing with improvised explosives. The ATF Agent in charge of this specifically instructed our Chiefs to order a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook and be familiar with some of its contents. So they ordered it.

2 days later I am sitting with the Chief doing some paperwork when the phone rings. It was the FBI demanding to know why we had purchased such a book. They were not nice, not cooperative, and where not taking the answer that “we’re the Fire Department and the ATF just told us to get this.” As a serious answer. It took my Chief providing the Agents name and contact info to get them to back off. A truly chilling phone call decades before spying on American citizens became a thing.

patches on January 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM

DogEater to amend SOTU to include Free Hash Oil along with Free Community College in 5 .. 4 .. 3 …

ShainS on January 18, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Hey y’all, you pays yer money and you takes yer chances.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Except for the fact that the Colorado pot law was passed by a majority of Republicans. It’s wasn’t just Obama voters. Hahahaaaa!!! (I used more exclamation points then you).

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM

patches on January 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM

???. Spying on Americans has been going on a REALLY long time. The technology has changed, but nothing else.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Making alcohol (beer, wine) is legal; distilling it is what gets you a visit from the Feds. I suspect it has more to do with taxes than anything.

OtherWise on January 18, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Yeah, I’m aware of that book too. But if I ever had a copy, it perished in the boating accident that took all of my guns.

rbj on January 18, 2015 at 6:59 PM

OT: If you get a chance take a look at Twitchy it seems liberals are going nuts over American Sniper.

warren on January 18, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Colorado pot law was passed by a majority of Republicans? That’s the best news I’ve heard all day!

(Constitutional conservative with strong libertarian streak on domestic issues, I yam I yam.)

I’ll see your exclamation points and raise you one: !!!!

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:01 PM

But if you’re stupid enough to do that, one might argue that you had it coming.

Oh great! Now I’ll need “UN-insured Homeowners Insurance”. Dopers aren’t known for buying insurance to cover their own stupidity.

GarandFan on January 18, 2015 at 7:02 PM

OtherWise on January 18, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Yeah, there’s paperwork involved and taxes to be paid:

S7 in part:

You may not produce spirits for beverage purposes without paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant. [See 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the criminal penalties. You should also review our Home Distilling page.] There are numerous requirements that must be met that also make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or beverage use. Some of these requirements are filing an extensive application, filing a bond, providing adequate equipment to measure spirits, providing suitable tanks and pipelines, providing a separate building (other than a dwelling) and maintaining detailed records, and filing reports. All of these requirements are listed in 27 CFR Part 19.

rbj on January 18, 2015 at 7:03 PM

liberals are going nuts over American Sniper.

warren on January 18, 2015 at 6:59 PM

You knew they would. It supports the values they’re trying to destroy.

And to add insult to injury, it was directed by…

C L I N T ~ E A S T W O O D

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I guess what I find so amusing about this story is that legalization of pot is being blamed for people doing stupid/stoned stuff in their kitchens.

Maybe we should outlaw kitchens?

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Maybe this will get kids interested in high school chemistry again?

Who am I kidding…

Having a well worn copy of a certain book (until it got lost with all my other dangerous stuff in a freak boating accident), there is much more information on that kind of stuff on the interweb thing.

cozmo on January 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM

rbj on January 18, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Yeah, I know … and it really “severely vacuums” when that happens.
But luckily for us, we can purchase another copy of it from some guy selling out of the trunk of his car, in a back alley, somewhere.

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Seth Rogen on American Sniper

American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that’s showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds.

warren on January 18, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Maybe we should outlaw kitchens?

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Now. As a reporter in Colorado, I keep up with what’s happening around here and this IS a major problem. We are not talking about small kitchen fires or something like starting a fire trying to deep fry a turkey.

These are explosions that have totally destroyed house including the houses on both sides of the offending premise.

And people have literally disappeared in these explosions.

This is not even like a small still going up. This is terrorist-level booms.

It is a problem that has exploded in Colorado. And it puts fire department personal, emergency personal and law enforcement officers in danger.

They will have to find a solution. When what you do in your kitchen, basement or garage can affect half your block, there is a problem.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM

. . . . . there is much more information on that kind of stuff on the interweb thing.

cozmo on January 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM

But if you visit any of those websites, be fore-warned that a plain delivery or panel type van (no passenger windows) will be parking in your neighborhood on a regular basis, afterward.

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM

I’d not argue with that.

Thanks to your comments, I’ll keep an eye out for how big these explosions typically are.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:35 PM

I’d not argue with that.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:35 PM

A Manitou Springs couple was arrested for an explosion caused by a hash oil extraction in May. CBS Denver reported 12 explosions in Denver due to hash oil extractions in the first four months of 2014. Denver Post blog The Cannabist has reported 10 hospitalizations in the Denver area for burns caused by hash oil extractions so far in 2014 (there were 11 such burn hospitalizations in the area in all of 2013).

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Fresh Darwin Award candidates!

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I’d argue that the awards should be limited to two candidate categories with one winner in each: Crispiest Critter and Max Altitude Attained.

trigon on January 18, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Maybe we should outlaw kitchens?

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:12 PM

And people have literally disappeared in these explosions.

This is not even like a small still going up. This is terrorist-level booms.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM

There will never be any real solutions, without public recognition of God.
But I suppose we could try “banning kitchens.”

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM

BTW, did you intend to add “no pun intended” after that one line, and forget to?

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Er no… the pun was intended.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Dang it, timing is EVERYTHING!

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at 6:38 PM

I prefer to think of it as GMTA–Great Minds Think Alike ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on January 18, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Golly gee! I didn’t realize Bishop has so many fishing buddies… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on January 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Stipulating for the sake of discussion that you’re not exaggerating the danger to innocent third parties, what measures do you propose to address it? Are you contending that pot legalization should be rolled back?

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM

When government succeeds in creating a new money tree, they shouldn’t be surprised to see some hidden orchards spring up. Government doesn’t own all light, water and soil. Not yet.

RBMN on January 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Just go to a gun show. Plenty of information on improvised munitions and often a copy of Anarchist’s cookbook is to be found.

It’s a good idea to be familiar with the topic if only to know what to look for WTSHTF.

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM

According to this article this practice falls under Federal laws against manufacturing and has become a problem for landlords in Washington state and Colorado. Butane is heavier than air and opening windows won’t allow it to escape. Maybe some of those tiny houses could come in handy.

flataffect on January 18, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Kid shoots mom with her gun at Wal-Mart. Ban guns?

Akzed on January 18, 2015 at 8:05 PM

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Roll back? If I had the answer about exploding house, I’d probably be in the Colorado senate. My problem is the edibles. Too easy for teens to put a couple of pot-infused candies in their pocket and chill out.

I voted for the legalization, but I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t have a good grasp on the edibles part of the law. When I saw edibles, I’m thinking pot brownies (I’m a child of the 60’s) and I didn’t realize that the edible industry was more like the snack section at 7-11.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Er no… the pun was intended.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Okay … just clarifying . . . : )

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM

RBMN on January 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Ronald Newton’s Third Law of Government:

When Government exerts a force on Private Enterprise, Private Enterprise simultaneously exerts a creative force opposite in direction on the Government.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 8:10 PM

I voted for the legalization, but I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t have a good grasp on the edibles part of the law. When I saw edibles, I’m thinking pot brownies (I’m a child of the 60′s) and I didn’t realize that the edible industry was more like the snack section at 7-11.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Reminds me of this.

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Fresh Darwin Award candidates!

Kraken on January 18, 2015 at

6:37 PM

trigon on January 18, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Now that there is high-larious!

Max Altitude Attained.

I’m still chuckling five minutes later.

That deserves to be shared on twitter.

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 8:16 PM

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 7:22 PM

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM

No five-day waiting period for this book, right?

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Given the appetite inducing effects of the drug, and the likelihood a lot of stoners have a lot of time on their hands, edibles innovation isn’t that surprising, is it?

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM

No five-day waiting period for this book, right?

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Nope. And far less likelihood you’ll be getting scrutiny from the Feds compared to ordering online.

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 8:24 PM

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM

What surprised me was the variety of edibles. When I saw “edibles” on the bill, I thought that it was just saying that it would be legal to put your pot in something like brownies or eat it with something.

I really didn’t understand that there was a whole industry out there infusing products. The edibles make it so easy for younger folk to use pot without anyone knowing that they are doing it at the moment.

They can sit in the lunchroom and pop a candy.

If I had fully understood the edible implications before I voted, I probably would have said no.

My bad.

Otherwise, I have no problem with adults using pot or it being legal. In principle I don’t.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Everyone knew there would be a kitchen/basement/garage having an explosion once in a while, but I agree the edibles are a concern, mainly because pot is a lot stronger now.

Back in the 70’s (my glory pot days) I used to love the brownies. I understand the stuff is waaay stronger now. Eating it takes longer to take effect, so the danger of OD now is much more than it used to be with the edibles.

As for the state’s role in this, I’m not sure either. But I do believe it’s a matter best addressed by the state of Colorado, not the fed govt. For matters as this, we are 50 labs to test 50 approaches to one problem, and each state learn from each other.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM

I don’t use the stuff. Didn’t in the 60’s, don’t now. I have a little bit here and 10 10mg infused cherry candies. The candy is a backup for the neuropathy in my left leg (not diabetes, nerve damage) just in case my regular meds fart out on me (it’s happened occasionally).

I haven’t had to touch the candy yet.

Yes it is stronger, much, much stronger.

I took two hits off of my pipe last year, and I watched an hour and a half movie for six hours. At least it seemed that long.

I don’t like anything that mellows me. I like my natural edge.

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Reminds me of this.

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Cracks me up!

People have every right to make themselves stupid (so long as they don’t hurt others). And other people have every right to laugh at them for it (whether their laughter offends them or not).

I know about stupid. I’ve been there with pot. Nowadays without pot.

I still laugh at myself. I still laugh at them. It’s not derision or condemnation of pot or alcohol. It’s just funny.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 8:53 PM

I just popped in to criticize Mr. Shaw’s headline writing skills.

Parallel on tonight’s blog are these two headlines:

“Far-right French politician tells Russian paper the West was behind the Charlie Hebdo attack”

and

“Okay, kids. Stay in school, don’t do drugs, don’t blow up your house, but make moonshine”

One of these headlines was written by a marginally talented writer who understands sensationalism and gets big, adversarial click-bait threads, presumably rewarded by the bean counters who…count these things.

The other was written by a demonstrably more talented writer, who should know better than to pen a headline that starts with “Okay, kids.”

Dude.

I click on Hot Air less and less for news and opinion, but to justify my wince prescription.

RushBaby on January 18, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Funny! I had an experience like that at a party on Capitol Hill DC back in the 1970’s. There were drugs there, and I think someone slipped something different into my drink. Anyway, the time lapse was frightening so I left… and frightening also was the drive home.

I enjoyed mellow buzzes. Especially giggly ones with friends where almost everything was funny and worth discussing just for the fun (and the snarc) of it. But I hated the anxiety/paranoid buzzes that came occasionally with bad weed.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM

RushBaby on January 18, 2015 at 8:57 PM

In the beginning, there was Michelle Malkin.

The Blogosphere looked down and said, “This is good.”

Then came Captain Ed and AllahPundit.

The Blogosphere said, “If Michelle must go, this is good too.”

Then Townhall bought out Michelle.

We said, “Bravo Michelle for your success.”

Then Townhall brought in a slew of patriots who were, unfortunately undistinguished thinkers.

Some are starting to say, ” See ya later, alligator.”

Some are starting to say, “See ya later, Hot Air”.

But tell ya what, the problem is bigger than HA. It’s a Townhall problem, not to mention a GOP problem. Tho I’m on their side, I must say the Townhall site has been a laggard from inception many years ago. Tech neanderthals. Social media neanderthals. The persistent, enduring ineptitude makes me angry, almost despondent.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Disregarded your comments in past as made for effect. Now I don’t. I welcome honest debate, but I try to ignore the dishonest stuff. Good talking with you. Let’s keep it up.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 9:59 PM

It’s still prohibited to distill your own shine.

No, it isn’t. Not everywhere. What’s illegal everywhere is to distribute your shine. Some places you can distill your own legally.

GWB on January 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM

No five-day waiting period for this book, right?

listens2glenn on January 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM

novaculus on January 18, 2015 at 8:24 PM

It used to be on sale at the old Waldenbooks chain, on the shelf, right next to the books on home brewing. Which was weird because you’d expect it to be over with Gun Digest, etc.

Today, type its title into any search engine and you’ll find it all over the web, for free, in your choice of formats (html, pdf, whatever).

Generally, anything not in copyright is now on the web somewhere. And even a U.S. copyright doesn’t necessarily hold overseas. Some books still in copyright here are available from websites in Australia, etc., because in many countries copyrights on materials over fifty years old generally aren’t renewable.

The one we’re talking about is already close to that mark; 1971 was 44 years ago.

clear ether

eon

eon on January 18, 2015 at 10:43 PM

#HuckabeeTrollcott

Midas on January 18, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Sounds like Jazz wants to bust my still. Or my hash oil operation.

J.B. Say on January 18, 2015 at 11:00 PM

GWB on January 18, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Not according to Los Federales, you can’t. State laws do vary, but the federal revenuers are out to get theirs.

gryphon202 on January 18, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Butane is of course difficult to work with, being a gas at room temperature. I knew a fellow who claimed to make his own hash oil in the ’70s, his ex-roomie was a med student who gave him the formula, which included hexane instead – related, but liquid at room temperature, used mainly as an industrial solvent.

Now, a half-gallon was more than he needed, BUT the only way he could buy it was by the 10-gallon drum, which he kept in his house. Many warned him he could blow himself up and the building with him, but as far as I know he never did.

I suspect these home chemists are finding the same thing, they can’t just borrow a few cups of the explosive stuff, and it’s cheap and easy to get in quantity. So . . . KA-BOOM!

Adjoran on January 18, 2015 at 11:29 PM

“As a much younger man, I married a woman who may or may not have had a copy of a book which may or may not have aroused the suspicions of law enforcement officials if they saw you with it.”

I may or may not still have a copy of that book out in the garage attic somewhere.

Tom Servo on January 18, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Walter L. Newton on January 18, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Maybe we should outlaw kitchens?

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Seems like it might be easier to outlaw pot than kitchens?

I wonder why no one ever thought of that…….

There Goes the Neighborhood on January 19, 2015 at 3:14 AM

Here’s my proposal for bi-partisan legislation:

DrugFare: free chemistry sets for addicts. With an amendment supplying stop-watches to local fire departments.

RockinRickOwen on January 19, 2015 at 6:15 AM

No risk, no reward!

Good Lt on January 19, 2015 at 9:21 AM

RushBaby on January 18, 2015 at 8:57 PM

In the beginning, there was Michelle Malkin.

The Blogosphere looked down and said, “This is good.”

Then came Captain Ed and AllahPundit.

The Blogosphere said, “If Michelle must go, this is good too.”

Then Townhall bought out Michelle.

We said, “Bravo Michelle for your success.”

Some are starting to say, ” See ya later, alligator.”

Some are starting to say, “See ya later, Hot Air”.

petefrt on January 18, 2015 at 9:39 PM

It’s not a TownHall problem. TownHall is nothing less than another HotAir. It’s a Salem Communications Problem. Salem Communications is a bunch of Marxists pretending to be Moderate Conservative Christian. whose political specialty is poisoning of wells.

Ed Morrissey is not and never was a conservative, anyone who thinks he is or was, and that includes Ed himself, is delusional.

Between Ed’s stealth banning of the more outspoken conservatives and HotAir’s leftward lurch, yes, I lot of folks have left.

Those who comment here however, are merely the tip of the iceberg. 100 people come and read the site without commenting for every one person who comments.

Make no mistake about this, HotAir might have started out as a Conservative Blog, what it has become is a business with no political loyalties which specifically is targeted to a moderate nearly almost Conservative market.

None of the writers here actually care about the opinions of those who comment here, what they care about is maintaining a successful business model.

oscarwilde on January 19, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Back in the day I not only had a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook but also The Poor Man’s James Bond and the Whole Drug Manufacturers Catalog. For some strange reason I thought it may come in handy to know not only how to make 100% pure meth from the cotton in a Vick’s Nasal Inhaler, but how to make prussic acid and modify a pump shotgun into a slam fire streetsweeper.

JohnnyL on January 19, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Um, last I checked there was a legally permissible amount of alcohol for you to make each year for personal consumption. I know it generally applies for beer, wine, mead… but don’t some places allow stronger spirits?

In Missouri, for example, a person 21 or over may produce up to 100 gallons of spirits per year for personal consumption without a permit.

Maybe just in some states… which differs from Federal law, but so does Marijuana legalization in the first place.

It seems Missouri has the most lenient one. 100 gallons for a person, or 200 gallons for a 2+ adult household.

gekkobear on January 19, 2015 at 5:33 PM