Maine Sen. Angus King: Who cares if ObamaCare architect Jon Gruber thinks voters were deceived about ObamaCare?

posted at 3:21 pm on November 11, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via Newsbusters, after yesterday’s unpleasantness and the Halbig “speak-o” fiasco of a few months ago, I see Democrats (plus independents in name only like King) have finally reached the “Jon who?” stage of their Gruber problem.

This is the game we’re playing now, eh?

KILMEADE: They just lied about a health plan to the American people, called the stupidity of the American voter and bragged about the lack of transparency.

KING: This is one guy. I don’t know who this guy was. All I know is that it’s important for people to have health insurance. And if you guys are saying people shouldn’t have health insurance, I don’t know where you’re coming from.

GUILFOYLE: That’s not what we’re saying, sir.

KING: Are you that cruel?

“All I know is that it’s important for people to have health insurance.” That’s consistent, at least, with the ends-justifies-the-means Democratic M.O. that’s defined Obama’s presidency, particularly its second half. Want to bomb Qaddafi in Libya and ISIS in Syria but not have to wrestle with Congress over an AUMF? Just skip it and send in the jets; all I know is that intervention is important. Want to get ObamaCare started on schedule in 2013 but worried that midterm voters will react badly to the employer mandate? Just suspend implementation of the mandate, even though it’s statutorily required. All I know is that it’s important that the law succeed politically. Want to amnestize five million illegals but can’t get Congress to make a comprehensive immigration deal? Just do it by executive order, separation of powers be damned. All I know is that it’s important to pander to a key 2016 swing bloc. Not three weeks ago, the capital’s biggest newspaper reported on a study claiming that Al Franken, the 60th vote for ObamaCare, probably owed his Senate victory in Minnesota six years ago to illegal votes. Democrats never should have been able to beat the GOP filibuster in the first place. When we’ve already reached that level of fraud to pass this boondoggle, why sweat the fact that the guy who wrote the law admits they pulled a fast one on CBO and the dim, gullible American electorate?

Obama knew “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan” was a lie from day one. He told it anyway because it was useful in selling the law to skeptical voters. All Gruber’s guilty of is summing up the approach that you’ve seen playing out with your own eyes for the past five years.

Comments

If someone did this outside of the government they would go to jail.

nicknack60 on November 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Calling Bernie Maddoff.

Mimzey on November 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Bmore

Schadenfreude on November 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Yeah, man.

Dude, they like made that law like 2 years ago dude.

Why are you guys harshing his mello?

Star Bird on November 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Gutless weasel but he knows where he belongs.

rhombus on November 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Goebbels does. He orgasmed all over your stupid mug.

Schadenfreude on November 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Sen. Angus King “I don’t know who this guy is” is too stupid to represent anyone. Throw this turkey out with the first occasion.

Schadenfreude on November 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM

IM-plausible deniability.
It’s what’s for (Prog) breakfast.

Pelosi Schmelosi on November 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Angus makes us southern white guys look very intelligent.

The reason so many people were uninsured in 2008 was the long time defiance from the dems of against any attempts at making reasonable fixes to the private health Insurance market; such as, ending the pre-existing black hole. That was openly done so single payerwould be the solution or else.

jimw on November 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM

FIFTY-ONE VOTES..!!
ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION MITCH..??

Pelosi Schmelosi on November 11, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. -George Orwell

wytshus on November 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM

king is like most libs:
they think they’re nice and their opponent cruel.

more here:

reliapundit on November 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Anyone with half a brain knew voters were “deceived” ya dope.
More DENIAL from Progressives…
I’ll bet good money you care a helluva lot more about voters in FOUR years loser..!!

Pelosi Schmelosi on November 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM

..who cares if Bill Clinton LIED.

he needed servicing!!

ToddPA on November 11, 2014 at 3:31 PM

*chortle*

Another perfectly good monitor and keyboard shot to hell!

(By the way, Bill Mazeroski called and wants his home back!)

;-)

The War Planner on November 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM

“I always listen to the people of Maine but that doesn’t mean where I’ll always caucus”. Throw him out.

Schadenfreude on November 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM

CRISIS: A demokkkrat actually says what he’s thinking.

Mojave Mark on November 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I’m sure ol’ Angus’ voters are very proud…..or maybe NOT.

Guess we have to wait ’til 2018 to find out.

cottontail on November 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM

LOL Try that with your wife. “Sure I lied to you honey, but it was for your own good.”

Oxymoron on November 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM

what good is health insurance, when the deductible is so it never will really be met, few if any doctors take it.

RonK on November 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle is gorgeous. I can’t believe she used to date that San Francisco d-bag…

Kensington on November 11, 2014 at 4:57 PM

She didn’t just date him. She married (and divorced) him.

ncinca on November 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I have yet to see the MSM go after the Democrats about this. Apparently, although I never realized it, this is business as usual for the Democrats so no grilling is necessary. Considering King is from Maine, God only knows if this affects him there.

I’d love to know how the Democrats get away with this stuff.

bflat879 on November 11, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I also saw this King interview this morning (not quite live, but shortly after, on my Roku). I scared my dog when I started screaming at this moron at the TV. I think he really threw the three Fox people off-balance with that “cruel” remark, because he was implying that unless they went along with Obamacare, they were for “nothing.” You might expect to hear this kind of thing from a Debbie WS or an Alan Greyson type. But they were blindsided by this, coming from an “Independent” who claims not to be a partisan. What a sick joke.

ncinca on November 11, 2014 at 6:10 PM

God I hope this guy doesn’t have kids yet.Angus should be made a steer.

redware on November 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM

If Liberals and RINOS want uninsureds to have insurance, then have them pay for the insurance of Illegal Aliens and crackhead blacks with their own private bank accounts……

Realdemocrat1 on November 11, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Realdemocrat1 on November 11, 2014 at 6:27 PM

King is very comfortable in his IGNORANCE.

GarandFan on November 11, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Maine Senator King does not understand that the reason health care costs keep rising is because of insurance – it adds layers of administrative overhead. Nothing about insurance adds value to healthcare. Health care workers add value to the care given to a patient but the overhead costs take away from the providers.

evie1949 on November 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM

“This is one guy. I don’t know who this guy was.”

If that’s an accurate quote from Angus King, he’s as dumb as a “rock of Boxers”.

Another Drew on November 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

King is a democrat in drag. In Maine, when you are embarrassed to be called dem, progressive or liberal but intend to vote dem 99% of the time anyway, you call yourself an ‘Independent’ and fool no one.

JIMV on November 11, 2014 at 8:56 PM

The GOP was hoping this hilarious nitwit was going to caucus with them? Why?

Jaibones on November 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Scoundrels of a feather…

Jumpintimmy on November 11, 2014 at 9:42 PM

God I hope this guy doesn’t have kids yet.Angus should be made a steer.

redware on November 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM

You could use ox instead of steer and would also be correct.

belad on November 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM

He reminds me of Debbie Blabber mouth Shultz.

newportmike on November 12, 2014 at 12:46 AM

If King doesn’t know who Jon Gruber is, then he’s incompetent and incredibly ill-informed about ObamaCare.

Why do I regularly get the feeling that I’m smarter than 3/4ths of the members of Congress? And I say that with all due humility.

willamettevalley on November 12, 2014 at 3:02 AM

So King’s position is:
1) He doesn’t know who Jon Gruber is in relation to ObamaCare
2) If you think it’s outrageous for Congress to try to deceive the public and lack transparency, you must not care about people having health insurance.

This is what passes for a “moderate” in Maine?!? Lord have mercy.

willamettevalley on November 12, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Me thought he was Ted Turner….

Sherman1864 on November 12, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Part of Gruber’s point is the ACA supporters lied about the bill providing health insurance to everyone. Anyone who reads the bill realizes it doesn’t do that.

It sets requirements to make health insurance very expensive-then if you don’t or can’t pay, you get a fine, and still no insurance. That’s what the bill actually says. King should try reading it sometime.

Is King still one of the stupid people that was fooled by the people who wrote the bill or is he one of the people lying about what is in the bill?

talkingpoints on November 12, 2014 at 4:12 AM

This liberal/leftist jackass certainly picked the correct Party to caucus with.

rplat on November 12, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Page something of the commie left playbook; when caught deny.
Page something of the Chicago left playbook: I never met da man…
Page something of the Maine woods playbook: whooo, whooo, whooo…
Page something of the media left’s playbook: climate change has caused this problem.
Page something of the RINO left playbook: That’s perfectly okay–but don’t tell Ted Cruz…please?

Don L on November 12, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Angus makes us southern white guys look very intelligent.

jimw on November 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Yup! That hound dawg won’t hunt, but it howls like a purdy banshee..

Don L on November 12, 2014 at 4:56 AM

And to think, we came this close to getting King to caucus with Republicans . . . sigh.///

BigAlSouth on November 12, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Gruber, King?

What a bunch of turds!

Actually, we should have been “cruel” to the Left long ago.

I hope the Republicans will get down dirty and cruel in January.

Don’t make me barf with this reach across the aisle crap!

Sherman1864 on November 12, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I’ll bet he still hasn’t read the bill and never intends to do so. He was told it gave millions of uninsured health care and that’s all he needed to know in order to spout it at some campaign stops. When Beckel started claiming the wonderfullness of zerocare yesterday, I thought the other 4 were going to fall off their chairs. He was very adamant that it would never be repealed. Looks like repeal has a red line in front of it.

Kissmygrits on November 12, 2014 at 8:04 AM

This idiot is a perfect example of why the Demosocialists got their azzes kicked last week. The people of Maine must be proud of having elected him.

cajunpatriot on November 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM

evie1949 on November 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Where to start?

Insurance doesn’t cost that much, but it does provide the manner for risk to be shared as opposed to you having to bear it all. For employers who are self insured, they pay a small admin fee for insurers/TPAs to process claims for their employees. For those buying an insured product there is more markup because the insurance company is buying the risk of insuring you. They also act as a check against runaway utilization of services, which is a problem today since the hospitals were sold a bill of goods with Obamacare and are actually in worse financial shape than before the law was passed – talk about being worried what you ask for.

Insurers return around 4 to 5% for their investors – a stable but not incredibly lucrative return on their investment.

If you want to get insurance companies more removed from health care, have real health insurance for big ticket items, not prepaid healthcare where you are hoping you get more out of it than you pay in because you don’t want to even pay a doctor bill on your own. I realize high deductible attempts to mimic that environment, but in reality a lot of very simple basic services should not even be processed by an insurance company.

Zomcon JEM on November 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM

And to think that some were hoping he’d caucus with the Republicans. What a d0uche.

Hill60 on November 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM

If the new “Maine sister” wants to caucus with the MAJORITY, I say “fine.” No special perks…

Khun Joe on November 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I hate when Democrats resort to this:

You ask a factual question.

They respond with a charge against the questioner that has nothing to do with the question aka Howard Dean “Republicans want kids to go to bed hungry at night.”

Democrats rejoice – yeah we sure showed them!!!!

No one learns anything, politicians are not held accountable, we all stay in two warring camps…

Perfect!

timoric on November 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I saw this interview live and it pissed me off.

This guy is considered an Independent? So the new scale of political thinking is an Independent is now where left leaning democrat once was. The dude sounded like a democrat and a moron to boot ……

Thanks Maine!

-west

mr_west on November 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Megyn Kelly had one of these tools on her show last night. It was so bad at one point she just put her head in her hands and shook her head back and forth. The guy was saying the same thing as King, namely that the ends justified the means. When Megyn confronted him he doubled down. You could see her irritation with this Dem idiot. This is a party that is just evil. As for so called “independents” they are just Dems in another disguise. Don’t be fooled.

neyney on November 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I think that if you were to give ol’ Angus a boot filled with pi$$ and a “how to diagram” he still couldn’t pour it out.

Was he a member of Barack’s Choom Gang?

microfiction on November 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Angus you have got to be one of the most brain dead jackasses I have seen, with the Deductibles as high as they are might as well not have insurance, not to mention insurance cost, unless it is subsidized by the Gov. (freely translated by the rest of us, not the Gov.)yet most of those that did not have insurance did have big screen TV’s car’s Xbox etc. rather than have insurance.!!!!

J Vance on November 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM

So, the individual mandate penalty, er, tax is set to balloon skyward. I wonder who the first political prisoners will be for being financially unable to pay the penalty, er, tax? I also wonder how many millennial’s will enjoy dealing with the IRS after blowing off the penalty, er, tax?

olesparkie on November 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Just another in a long line of lying scum libs. To me, the libs are far worse than ebola.

nikophil on November 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hey look! It’s one of those “stupid” people that Gruber was talking about!!

Basically, since conservatives knew that the bill was a bunch of lies and deceiving the country, Gruber is really just accusing the people who supported the bill stupid.

We knew in 2010 it was bad. We knew in 2014 it was bad. So this is a great poster for 2016.

MomofFour on November 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I saw that magnificent segment, and I thought it was hilarious that Steve Doocy had to step in and get the loser out of it. Kimberly and Brian were about to rip him a new one.

BettyRuth on November 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Who is Gruber?

Only one of the main architects of the bill…

Go stick your head back in the sand Angus…

snoozinglion on November 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I’m sorry, but Maine, I think we need to trade you to Canada for Alberta. You folks up there seem to be kookier more and more.

Robert Jensen on November 13, 2014 at 4:33 PM