The most important battle: Michael Jordan vs. Obama on their golf games

posted at 9:31 pm on November 5, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

The epic undercard to the midterms, and let’s be serious, this was probably eating him more than the historic electoral rejection of his agenda, right? Michael Jordan talking junk about his golf game? The nerve.

“In an interview last week with Back9Networks’ Ahmad Rashad, the veteran sportscaster asked the NBA legend and Charlotte Hornets owner who would comprise his “dream” golf foursome. A pretty innocuous question, right?” But after Jordan included Obama in his foursome, he removed him on account of, well:

“I’ve never played with Obama, but I would,” Jordan said. “But — nah, that’s OK. I’ll take him out. He’s a hack. Man, I’d be all day playing with him.”

“Do you really want to say that?,” Rashad replied. “The president of the United States is a hack?”

“Don’t worry about it,” Jordan shot back with a grin. “I never said he’s wasn’t a great politician, I just said he’s a s***** golfer.”

He’s Michael Jordan. He says what he wants. It sounds like there’s a hint more than just golf he’s talking about in that “hack” statement, but maybe that’s wishful thinking on my part.

Obama hit back, of course. You know he couldn’t let that lie:

“Mike and I, we know each other, but I’ve never played golf with him,” Obama said … “Michael wasn’t very well informed about this. I think he might’ve just been trying to give Ahmad an extra ratings boost on his show.

Obama continued, “But there is no doubt that Michael is a better golfer than I am. Of course if I was playing twice a day for the last 15 years, then that might not be the case.”

“He might want to spend more time thinking about the Bobcats … or the Hornets.”

Cheap shot at the Hornets, Head of America’s Foreign Policy Which is in a Sorrier State Than 1-3. I’m not sure he wants anyone examining how much he plays golf vs. Jordan’s schedule. They’d likely be entirely too similar. At least we can be glad he didn’t get a question about it at the press conference today. A couple years ago, that would have been the first one on the list.

Comments

I haven’t golfed in 10 years (because I don’t have a set of left handed clubs, yes, I golf left handed) but I bet I could score lower than Dear Moron.

Oh, and catch the wave!

ConstantineXI on November 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Landslide.

Dude…

wolly4321 on November 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

You get the feeling among the hardcore Obama backers, the Charlotte Hornets are about to become the Chick-fil-A of NBA teams (maybe Rahm Emanuel won’t let them play Jordan’s former team at the United Center….)

jon1979 on November 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Hey, go play twice a day everyday for the rest of your term. Really. We won’t mind. We’ll call you when it’s time to move out of the White House.

Bitter Clinger on November 5, 2014 at 9:47 PM

You really can’t put up a post like this without a nice video of Barky’s actual golf swing … I think it’s golf

And a video of Barky’s 17 missed jumpshots in a row at the White House would be a nice addition, too.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on November 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Obola is a pathetically small and unstable little man.
There’s something just not right in the head with that stooge.

Pelosi Schmelosi on November 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on November 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I didn’t know it was that bad! ConstantineXI’s video of his BBall prowess was pretty funny.

KCB on November 5, 2014 at 9:52 PM

All the more interesting considering Ahmad Rashad is dating Valerie Jarrett.

aquaviva on November 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Obama shoots baskets. NBC Edit.

ConstantineXI on November 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM

LOL. I forgot about that one!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on November 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM

And, inbetween that,…FundRaisers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on November 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

They’re both a**holes, but Jordan only destroyed the NBA.

M240H on November 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Ah, yes. If only Obama had Jordan’s life, he too could perform sporting activities like one of the greatest athletes in American history.

aquaviva on November 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I’m really GD fed up with this cretin constantly talking about his GD golf game. You’re the f’n president of the United States. F’n act like it!!!

MrsVoorhees on November 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

And,…………….parties and concerts!!

Mark Knoller @markknoller · 3h 3 hours ago

Tomorrow evening, a taping of “In Performance at the WH” to honor military and veterans. Performers incl Mary J Blige, Willie Nelson.

canopfor on November 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

What really eats at him is that Jordan would probably also out-perform him at foreign policy.

bowlike on November 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Don’t forget Clyburn

He says he can play 36 holes a day and probably does – while he’s not working, of course.

Jeeze…. I’d hate to see a black on black thing irrupting over a pock-marked white ball.

JV?

Cody1991 on November 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM

And another thing…he’s got such an incredibly thin skin.
Barry acts like he was picked on a lot as a kid.
The minute someone questions his manhood, he lashes out.
Today’s presser was a perfect example.
Something not right upstairs with this guy.

Pelosi Schmelosi on November 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM

The minute someone questions his manhood, he lashes out.
Today’s presser was a perfect example.
Something not right upstairs with this guy.

Pelosi Schmelosi on November 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM

C’mon Schmelosi, you know what the deal is. Everyone does.

Cody1991 on November 5, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Now THIS is Basketball prowess… Featuring my Wildcats, and two of my all time favorite players, Travis Ford (who I am as tall as) and Jamal Mashburn

Kentucky Torches Wake

ConstantineXI on November 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM

It’s all about the King…..

Electrongod on November 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Biggest comeback in College Basketball history (yes I watched this whole game) 1994 Mardi Gras Miracle… Kentucky came back from 31 down with 15 minutes left AND WINS…

This is still a record.

ConstantineXI on November 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM

It’s all about the King…..

Electrongod on November 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Electrongod: TRUE_,…(sarc):)

canopfor on November 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Ah, yes, that would likely still be the case. Many “golfers” don’t improve. They continue with the same bad habits, won’t listen to others more knowledgeable and have an unrealistic view of their playing ability.

FJY4 on November 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM

There’s a nasty edge to Obama’s remarks. Why am I not surprised?

Drained Brain on November 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Care nothing about either one of them.

bluegill on November 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM

OMG

/gasp

LashRambo on November 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Care nothing about either one of them.

bluegill on November 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM

You cared enough to make a remark.

RickB on November 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM

He’s a hack

…Mike is racist…evidentially!

JugEarsButtHurt on November 5, 2014 at 10:16 PM

There’s a nasty edge to Obama’s remarks. Why am I not surprised?

Drained Brain on November 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Because, to use the language of the street, Obama is a petty little b!tch?

LashRambo on November 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Jodie Meeks breaks Dan Issel’s single game scoring record for Kentucky AT Tennessee

A Kentuckian from Hopkinsville. Kentuckians can shoot. Basketballs AND rifles.

ConstantineXI on November 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Care nothing about either one of them.

bluegill on November 5, 2014 at 10:12 PM

You cared enough to make a remark.

RickB on November 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Cared enough about us to make a remark. :)

It’s not the same.

Axe on November 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Something I’ve been harping on watching the Pats at the local bar: ‘If you make to the end zone, act like you’ve been there’. Ferget who said that.

DemetriusPhalerum on November 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Greatest Basketball coach in history.

Adolph Rupp of the Kentucky Wildcats.

ConstantineXI on November 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM

If Obama were a decent golfer, he long ago would have let the press ‘leak’ his scores or handicap to burnish his image: “The weight of the world on his shoulders and he can still play scratch golf”…that sort of thing.

Instead, he has played 200 rounds on the public dime and we have heard NOTHING about his game. Guaranteed the president is a POS golfter. I mean, we’re talking 25-30 handicap. The pictures of his back swing with bent right arm and saggy left leg is all you need to know.

Obama is a shitty golfer. Were he decent, as egotistic as he is we’d have heard different a long time ago.

PD Quig on November 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM

No, MK … Jordan wasn’t hinting at anything else. He’s a dumb-ass, a racist, a Democrat, and a really good golfer. He’s also the most competitive guy on earth, and he won’t take any crap from Obama about golf.

Obama’s a hack, by which Jordan means — Obama sucks at golf and playing with him would be torture. Yeah.

Jaibones on November 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Ah, way to take the high road, Mr. President. You sure showed him!

Seriously, is this what the Presidency has been reduced to? Responding with taunts and trash talking? A man of class would simply have chuckled or stated “no comment”. But class we most certainly don’t have here.

zacmidnigh on November 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Being dissed by Jordan is a big deal. Barry takes that very seriously, unlike all his other tasks.

virgo on November 6, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Again, Obama attempts to get the upper hand by moving the goal post. Just as he suggests that two-thirds of the electorate who didn’t bother to vote might be on his side, he lamely implies that if only he spent as much time on the golf course as Jordan, he would best him.

What a prick!

Nicole Coulter on November 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Obama will never be a good golfer. To do that, he will have to take lessons, which means admitting that someone else knows more about the subject than he does. Since he can’t take direction or criticism, he’ll continue to read about tips in Golf Digest and think that he can figure it out himself. He won’t.

Mallard T. Drake on November 6, 2014 at 12:58 AM

When you lose Michael Jordan…

HellCat on November 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I don’t know about you, but I am with MJ
This president is a phony on every level. And yes, everyone around him, tell him how great he is while changing his diapers!

Delsa on November 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM