Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me!

posted at 9:21 pm on October 20, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

President Barack Obama appeared on Al Sharpton’s radio show today to send a campaign message seemingly calculated to drive folks like Sens. Mark Pryor and Mary Landrieu to drink.

“Well, look, here’s the bottom line,” said Obama, “We’ve got a tough map. A lot of the states that are contested this time are states that I didn’t win. And so some of the candidates there, you know, it is difficult for them to have me in the state because the Republicans will use that to try to fan Republican turn-out. The bottom line is, though, these are all folks who vote with me. They have supported my agenda in Congress. They are on the right side of minimum wage. They are on the right side of fair pay. They are on the right side of rebuilding our infrastructure. They’re on the right side of early childhood education.

“So, this isn’t about my feelings being hurt. These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me. And I tell them, I said, you know what, you do what you need to win. I will be responsible for making sure that our voters turn up.”

Perhaps he was understandably unconcerned that many people would catch the Sharpton show live, but a veteran politico should know someone’s always listening (and that Sharpton would totally play it on TV later). Really, though, what is this about? Perhaps on the same day as his lackluster reception in Maryland (Maryland!), he just couldn’t let stand another suggestion that he didn’t hang the moon? There are plenty of ways for the Smartest President Evah to finesse this answer without giving Republicans the exact soundbite they need in a manner so explicit, they could have written it themselves. He can’t be bothered. Remember, this is the stuff he’s supposed to be good at.

As I’ve mentioned before, there’s maybe nothing that cheers me more about Republican prospects that Democrats acting so very, very desperate. You’ll hear not a thing about a tone of “unprecedented negativity” in this year’s ads because the worst examples are coming from endangered Democrats. But just because the press doesn’t report the pattern doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. If one sticks to only the most obvious examples, one has a negative ad prominently featuring the empty wheelchair of a disabled man, suggesting he profited from his injury, and an ad implicating a Republican Senate candidate in Alaska in a double murder and sexual assault, which Democrat Mark Begich didn’t even bother to clear with the victims’ family, which is still awaiting the trial of the accused. Good, inspiring stuff. Not solely fear like Republicans rely upon.

In that vein, here’s some evidence that North Carolina might look better than the polls suggest.

Stay class, Hagan Democrats.

Update: Ha.

Comments

Hmm… if I didn’t know better, I’d say he wants the ‘rats to get slaughtered in November.

CPT. Charles on October 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM

What ever happened to “Don’t worry! You have ME!”

GarandFan on October 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM

And cue Tommy Roe

Newtie and the Beauty on October 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM

The flyer….WOW.

All the jokes we’ve made about demorat desperation reaching new lows of tasteless, nasty hype and yet here it is.

Bishop on October 20, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Lynching? Wow. Just…wow.

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM

A big thanks to the Moron-in-Chief.

The perfect soundbite for the last two weeks. Run it nonstop, GOP.

Ted the Average on October 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM

But yeah, Dog Eater either wants the demorats to get their azzes kicked or it’s his usual Me-First thing, I don’t believe the man is capable of understanding that some people think he’s not a god.

Bishop on October 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM

OT: “radicalised”…hmmmm.

Canada PM: St-Jean-sur-Richelieu hit-and-run man ‘radicalised’

“The individual who struck the two [Canadian Armed Forces] members with his car is known to federal authorities, including the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team,” Mr Harper’s office said in a written statement on Monday evening. “Federal authorities have confirmed that there are clear indications that the individual had become radicalised.”

Police and Mr Harper’s office did not give further details.

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Fascist-Democrats are getting very desperate and ugly. Vote for us or die is not a positive message.

rbj on October 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me.

Probably the first thing Barry has said that I agree with. Of course they are allies of him, even though they are desperately trying to appear as “moderates”.

I hope many Rs have that sound bite of Barry saying although he’s not on the ballot, his policies are and are using it in ads, particularly in those red states.

cat_owner on October 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I love them
They love me
How many people they can fool, we’ll just have to see

VorDaj on October 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Bishop on October 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM

He’s surrounded by people who make a good living telling him how great he is. Most people at least have a spouse that will tell them differently. He doesn’t.

Though I would think his kids would tell him the truth.

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM

That flyer is over the top. Otherwise, pass the popcorn.

John the Libertarian on October 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM

OT: “radicalised”…hmmmm.

Canada PM: St-Jean-sur-Richelieu hit-and-run man ‘radicalised’

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Just remember now, this in no way is anything like Islam, nor the kind of things Mohammad, all Muslim’s “Perfect Man” commanded, nor did himself. It is in complete contradiction to all Islam is and Mohammad was.

This message brought to you jointly by Barack Obama, the Mad Hatter and Joe Isuzu.

VorDaj on October 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM

rbj on October 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

The message has worked very well in places like North Korea and Cuba, however.

Just sayin’…

Dolce Far Niente on October 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

OT but desparation related and worth the early QOTD laughs.

As a commenter there says, she’s a walking SNL skit.

can_con on October 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

MeanWhile,..on the Voting Path:

Kentucky US Senate election 2014
2h
Poll: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell takes 1-point lead over Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky’s US Senate race – @heraldleader
Read more on kentucky.com
=========================

heraldleader @heraldleader · 3h 3 hours ago

PDF: Detailed Bluegrass Poll results on Kentucky’s U.S. Senate race http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2014/10/20/13/46/W0KP6.So.79.pdf#storylink=relast

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

This is a dog whistle to his African American supporters who might not be inclined to vote for a candidate who says they don’t support BHO. He wants to reassure them that the candidates don’t really mean it and his supporters need to get off the couch and go vote.

txmomof6 on October 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

On a Facebook page under the same name, French and English posts — the last one on Friday — denounced Christianity and Judaism.

Read more: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/conservatives-suggest-quebec-hit-and-run-was-terrorist-attack#ixzz3GjuEue7b

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

kcewa: It appears a new tactic:)
================================

Quebec hit-and-run injures Canadian soldiers
Canada
2h
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s office says federal authorities have confirmed there were indications Quebec driver who hit 2 Canadian soldiers had become ‘radicalized’ – @CBCAlerts

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Anyone who thinks POTUS SEMI cares a rats petard about “red-state Democrats” needs a check-up from the neck up.
Obola is playing the long game, knowing full well his Executive Amnesty will completely change the electoral map.
These losers are happily falling on their swords for the “common good”.

Pelosi Schmelosi on October 20, 2014 at 9:43 PM

He’s attacking his own party for not publicly supporting HIM. He’s learned from the best third world dictators.

Skywise on October 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM

It’s way easier to run in 2016 against a “do nothing” GOP congress that only exists to obstruct Obama than it is to run against a divided congress. Also, wasn’t there an article last week about how black voters were the Dems’ last hope. Well, that explains the flyer.

joekenha on October 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

====================================

Here is the Poster Boy,..for Team Liberal
who represent Hopey/Changey!

Disgusting Pig “Occupy Wall Street” Protester Defecates on Police Car: Natalie Pollock News Channel

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Truly stunning when you consider he continues to do stupid stuff like this.

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

====================================

Remember November

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Hey Democrats, don’t forget–You’ve got him!

txhsmom on October 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

It’s almost as if he is trying to throw the Democrats under the bus. Will he use this to say to the public “I can’t get anything done with this Republican Congress so I will have to use my Executive powers more to enact my agenda”.

hpk1942 on October 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

The Associated Press retweeted
AP Politics @AP_Politics · 9h 9 hours ago

Obama casts his ballot early in Chicago, calls voting most important responsibility as citizen, says @joshledermanAP. http://apne.ws/1vCYHHz

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

@Dolce, but there are enough of us armed to make them hesitate.

Meanwhile MNF is entertaining. Running back left handed TD. Followed up by a pinball interception. Both by the Steelers.

rbj on October 20, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I think this is Dear Leader trying to self medicate his bruised ego…

d1carter on October 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Obola is doing this deliberately to landrieu, hagan, Pryor et al for running away from him. POTUS must be paid homage at all times.

His excuse will be that he is motivating the black base in southern states but the fact is, he is a selfish man, selfish politician and doesn’t give a damn about fellow rats that run from him.

matthew8787 on October 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM

OT but desparation related and worth the early QOTD laughs.

As a commenter there says, she’s a walking SNL skit.

can_con on October 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I’m ROFLOL at Iowahawk’s reply.

txhsmom on October 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Truly stunning when you consider he continues to do stupid stuff like this.

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

OMG.

I so wish the Senate flips without him winning. Not because we need another vapid Dem like Grimes but I could do without the vapid Repubs like McConnell.

Bitter Clinger on October 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Truly stunning when you consider he continues to do stupid stuff like this.

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM

lineholder: Ought to listen to the CDC,…cripe,..wait till you
read the DCD New GuideLines,..oy:)
==============================================

New Ebola Gear Guidelines: Head-to-Toe Coverage
ATLANTA — Oct 20, 2014, 9:06 PM ET
Associated Press
*****************

Health care workers should be completely covered — no skin exposed — while caring for Ebola patients, according to revised guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The government agency tightened its guidance after two Dallas nurses became infected with the virus while caring for an Ebola patient.

Highlights of the revised guidelines:

— Use face shield, gown or coverall, boot cover and double gloves

— Wear hood to completely cover the head and neck

— Use respirator, not goggles

— Put on waterproof apron if patient is vomiting or has diarrhea

— Designate area for putting on and taking off gear

— Have trained monitor supervise the putting on and removal of gear

— Use disinfectant wipes on contaminated gear before removing

— Disinfect gloved hands between steps while taking off gear

— Conduct repeated training for using protective gear

———

Online:

===========================

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM

The man truly is a narcissist.

“So, this isn’t about my feelings being hurt.”

Always about you, huh? Man-child. Grow up, already.

Aizen on October 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

President Barack Obama appeared on Al Sharpton’s radio show today

Shameful, disgraceful.

LashRambo on October 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Ha Ha,…………………ComeUppance:
=======================================

AP Politics @AP_Politics · 2h 2 hours ago

In Chicago, a warm homecoming for unpopular Obama, by @joshledermanAP http://apne.ws/1wgJsDj

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM

btw, Fury is an outstanding film. See it on the big screen.

John the Libertarian on October 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

President Barack Obama appeared on Al Sharpton’s radio show today

Shameful, disgraceful.

LashRambo on October 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

LashRambo:)
=============

==========================================================

Audio:

President Obama to Al Sharpton on Red State Dems: ‘These Are All Folks Who Vote with Me’
**********************

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM

LashRambo on October 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

LashRambo: Scratch that,…MKH has it op,…my mistake,…oops!:(

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM

So…

Love has its expiration date..

Sucks to be you…

Barrack Hussein Obama…

Electrongod on October 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM

You can be certain that ALL of the whites in that flyer were democrats at that time. The poor black man was probably a republican. Robert Byrd was probably still a Grand Keagle in the KKK.

Jackson on October 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Remember, this is the stuff he’s supposed to be good at.

Like everything else he was supposed to good at, it’s all smoke, mirrors, and tingly legs.

Well, not quite everything. He is an excellent narcissist.

Athos on October 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM

btw, Fury is an outstanding film. See it on the big screen. John the Libertarian on October 20, 2014 at 10:02am

I want to see that. Thanks for the review.

I used to hang out and do odd jobs for a Korean War vet who was tank.

He was nuts, in a good way. Had a bulldozer collection. Taught me to drive them.
——-

Good post, Mary.

wolly4321 on October 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I’m on a roll,..thats CDC,..not….(DCD) New GuideLines,..le ughs!!

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM

The Red State Dem Facepalm heard round the world.

He must really want a Republican senate for some reason. He really can’t be as stupid as it appears on the surface here.

He got his Ocare at the cost of many loyal Dems, I suppose he’s going to get his amnesty too regardless of cost.

Of course once they can all vote, it wont matter.

Oxymoron on October 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM

ROFL. I knew what you meant, canopfor. ;-)

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM

He was nuts, in a good way.

wolly4321 on October 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM

You’ll see why after seeing Fury. I rank it up there with Saving Private Ryan in terms of brutal realism.

John the Libertarian on October 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Bitter Clinger on October 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Yeah, I know. Just the thought of having him as Leader of the Senate makes me want to gag.

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM

2014 US elections
10m

New York Times editorial board endorses Gov. Andrew Cuomo in general election – @nytopinion
End of alert
============

NYT Opinion @nytopinion · 1h 1 hour ago

With caveats, NYT Ed Board endorses Andrew Cuomo for re-election. He should use his next term to clean up Albany: http://nyti.ms/1t6oBm7

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:30 PM

OT: “radicalised”…hmmmm.

Canada PM: St-Jean-sur-Richelieu hit-and-run man ‘radicalised’

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

J

VorDaj on October 20, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Continuing your very important OT, check out what Muslim who knows what the skinny is should be informing our State Department, our Congress, the jerk in the WH, and the world at large:

Check out the Andrew McCarthy link that I put in the Beinhart Headline thread.

onlineanalyst on October 20, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Uh, it’s Beinart.
The upshot of the Muslim’s point referenced above is that there can be no peace in the ME until the church-state bond is dissolved and that sharia is outlawed. He also claimed that the radicalization occuring throughout the world, particularly in the West, is happening in mosques.

onlineanalyst on October 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM

2014 US elections
5m
Illinois governor candidates spar on Illinois’ financial issues, jobs in final televised debate – @AP
Read more on bigstory.ap.org
=============================

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Hey, verbaluce, where are you with your brilliant idea about how this flyer was actually put on people’s cats by Hagan’s opponents to manufacture controversy?

The Schaef on October 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM

txmomof6: You are correct that he is trying to drum up the “pookie” vote, his most supportive constituency. The term is indeed a dog whistle to them to flood the voting booths.

Check out what I posted in Maryland thread.

livelikeaslaveanddie won’t like this revelaton.

onlineanalyst on October 20, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Shun him. He has proved wanting.

Bmore on October 20, 2014 at 10:48 PM

AP Politics @AP_Politics · 9h 9 hours ago

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Did Obysmal make this pronouncement before or after he checked in at Man Country?

onlineanalyst on October 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Lynching? Wow. Just…wow.

kcewa on October 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM

We joke all the time about how the Dhims can’t possibly sink lower, but between that and Wendy Davis campaigning on the all-important issue of dildos, I’m scared to see how much lower they can go.

Gator Country on October 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:18 PM

ROFL. I knew what you meant, canopfor. ;-)

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM

lineholder:————Tee Hee:0

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director.

He’s so good at politics, my mouth is agape with awe!

HakerA on October 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 9:51 PM

onlineanalyst on October 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

onlineanalyst: Good point,..but there might be ChoomyGang-Bangers
who might not support some of his ideas,.*wink-wink*
!:)

canopfor on October 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Breaking from Boston! C-BS Democrat Boston Mouthpiece WBZ-TV is desperately hyping the new “poll” they just released, done in conjunction with UMass. It’s their latest take on the NH Senate race.

They have Democrat Jeanne Shaheen ahead of Republican Scott Brown by 4%.

But when you dig down and look at the fine print on their “poll”, its margin of error is…

6.6%.

That is over twice the margin of error standard used by any reputable polling outfit here on Planet Earth. But as Dr. Goebbels always said, desperate times call for desperate measures! Right, Ned?

Del Dolemonte on October 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM

A gift from the president.

The turkey that keeps on laying eggs…he’s such a x-mas tree too.

Fools, you consider this smart?

It’s very telling how stupid most of the people in the USA are today.

Schadenfreude on October 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Obama’s actions are colored to make him look good. He is a racist of the worse kind. He will send anyone to the auction block as long as “HE” can get over on the man. Michelle, the first lady mystery woman is not much better.

Although not universal, The Black Man has suffered unjustly for a very long time. A steady nearly universal achievement has been made particularly in the last 50 years but for the sake of Obama’s narcissistic attitude a hundred years of that gain may be wiped out in 6 years.

jpcpt03 on October 21, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Mary K. Ham etal,

You all need to put together a full life time long fact fill list of all of B. Obamas bad acts, lies, terrible decisions.

Put it up here for distribution as well as send it out to all Republican,s running for office.

Facts count truth is life.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on October 21, 2014 at 6:41 AM

He is a cult leader and is just acting out the normal cult leaders actions.

His cult will do as he commands.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on October 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM

lineholder on October 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM

For someone who knows mo’ betta than I:
If the Senate flips to R, is there any Constitutional reason for keeping McConnell as the Senate leader? Can’t they vote to replace him with someone else? Or is it just a “courtesy” thing? Can it really be that the only way to keep him from becoming Senate Majority Leader is to oust him out of the Senate completely?

leftamark on October 21, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Pro-Hagan flyer has a picture of a lynching. Was put on cars parked at a Fayetteville church on Sunday #ncpol #ncsen

Someone should do some research and find out how many of the people in this image are Democrats.

Star Bird on October 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Obama, thanks for the sound bites…yes no matter what the candidates say on the stump, they voted and supported you…

Thanks, you just confirmed what every Republican candidate says…just look at what the dems have voted for, not what they are saying.

Again, thanks Obama, we appreciate your help…keep talking.

right2bright on October 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM

“You do whatever you need to do to win”

If the Republicans don’t use that sound bite, along with “they voted for me and supported my agenda”…they are fools.

Whatever it takes to win, means, you won’t hurt my feelings if you lie to win the race, because I know you have supported me and my agenda.

Pal, Republican friends, if this is not the sound bite to wrap this thing up, as the dems are trying to run away from Obama, I don’t know what is.

Thanks again Obama…this may have been exactly what is needed in the home stretch…do whatever it takes to win, it won’t hurt my feelings because they have voted and supported me…perfect.

right2bright on October 21, 2014 at 8:59 AM

For someone who knows mo’ betta than I:

leftamark on October 21, 2014 at 8:26 AM

It goes to a vote…but if the Republican’s win, you know what the meme is, “We are so effective we won, so keep the status quo”.

Mitch is in, sorry, I doubt it will change.

right2bright on October 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM

“We are so effective we won, so keep the status quo”.

right2bright on October 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM

*sigh*
That’s exactly what I was afraid of.

leftamark on October 21, 2014 at 9:13 AM

“I will be responsible for making sure that our voters turn up.”

I would take this “threat” VERY, VERY seriously.

This guy isn’t cocky to no purpose.

Perhaps he KNOWS he can say anything because he DOES have the voter turn out equation “covered”.

Did we not learn anything from 2008 and 2012?

In short order we shall find out.

And if the Rs don’t take the Senate, Reince Priebus needs to be gone ASAP.

Carnac on October 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Obama starting to feel a little over-sensitive after they walked out on him and heckled him in Maryland. I think maybe he’s feeling a little like he’s no longer the center of attention…making him a bit snappish about people not clinging to him any more…Bless his heart.

(Note: For those that aren’t aware…All southern insults traditionally begin or end with the phrase “Bless his/her heart”).

TomCoats on October 21, 2014 at 9:41 AM

“… I will be responsible for making sure that our voters turn up.”

I’m betting that the grand jury decides not to indict Officer Darren Wilson on, or about, Wednesday of next week.

The Dems will spend the remainder of the week fanning the flames of racial hatred and white guilt to turn out their base.

Droopy on October 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Carnac on October 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Indeed. As in the quote (questionably) attributed to Stalin:

“The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Droopy on October 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM

If you rode in with Øbama on his coattails, you should go out with him on his a$$.

He is the Democrat Party and he is a failure. He has proven that liberals do not have the intelligence to run a lemonade stand, much less a government. Suck it up, Dems!

DimsdalePiranha on October 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Sarah Palin shared a link.
11 hours ago · Edited
Barack Obama, thank you for sealing the deal for the next U.S. Senator from the great state of Alaska, Dan Sullivan!
-Sarah Palin

“These are all folks who vote with me!”
– Barack Hussein Obama
October 20, 2014

cptacek on October 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

A more accurate transcription from The Obama Timeline:

“Well, look, it, here’s the bottom line. We, we’ve got a, a tough [electoral] map. Uh, a lot of the states, uh, that are contested this time are states that I didn’t win [in 2012], and so some of the candidates there, uh, you know, it is, uh, difficult for them to have me in the state because the Republicans will use that, uh, to try to fan Republican turnout. The bottom line is, though, these are all folks who vote with me. They have supported my agenda in Congress, they are on the right side of minimum wage, they are on the right side of fair pay, they are on the right side of rebuilding our infrastructure, they’re on the rights side of early childhood education, so, uh, you know, this, this isn’t about, uh, my feelings being hurt. These, these are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me, and, uh, you know, I, I, I tell them, I said, ‘You know what, you do what you need to win. I will be responsible for making sure that our voters turn out.’”

Colony14 on October 21, 2014 at 8:51 PM

rbj on October 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

The message has worked very well in places like North Korea and Cuba, however.

Just sayin’…

Dolce Far Niente on October 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Very true, both above (as also many other comments here so far), BUT, the REALITY is that the Left will continue to vote “for” just about all that Obama has presented, and they’ll do so under guise of “any Democrat candidate”. What’s taking place among the Left is the effort to reposition or redefine “Democrat” by “Hillary Clinton” and not by “Obama” but Obama and his flimsy ego can’t stand that so he’s going dirty on those he thinks aren’t paying him his egotistical due. But, like I said, the reality is, the Left will keep on votin’Dem and never face reality that it’s the party that’s off the rails and anyone who supports what it is today who is, too.

I’ve met many people who cling to “being a Democrat” while claiming they “don’t like what Obama’s done” but will fight to remain voting Democrat regardless. You can present them with facts and figures and they’ll quickly become prickly and refuse to listen to anything that interrupts their massive delusion that the DNC represents anything decent, good or supportable.

With Obama, however, it’s really his desperate ego. He’s resenting that he’s no longer Celebrity In Chief and appears to be turning punitive on anyone he suspises of not towing his boat for him.

Lourdes on October 22, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Without the Cult of the DNC to hold him up, Barack Obama — or whatever his name really is — would be unemployable.

Many people just like him go into politics because they can’t earn a living doing anything else. So they do the DNC dance and the hall monitors pay them to keep it up.

Try imagining hiring Obama from a job application he could have filled out before the DNC hoisted him on Illinois.

Lourdes on October 22, 2014 at 1:53 AM