Obama is on the ballot in November, and it’s going to hurt Democrats badly

posted at 10:41 am on October 9, 2014 by Noah Rothman

President Barack Obama’s allies cringed when the commander-in-chief admitted that his presidency and his policies were on the ballot in November, and a vote for the members of his party was the functional equivalent of a vote in support of him. It was a trap Obama has fallen into on several occasions, and one by which his liberal supporters are regularly frustrated; Obama often seems to forget he is a politician, not a pundit or a political scientist.

Of course, the president’s policies are on the ballot in his second midterm election. That is why so many sixth-year midterms are brutal for the party in control of the White House. Even former senior White House advisor David Axelrod thrust his head into his hands when he heard the president essentially frame the midterm elections, which will determine whether his party retains control of the Senate, as a referendum on his policies. Why? Because if the midterms do become a referendum on Obama rather than incumbent Senate Democrats who are far more popular than the leader of their party, Democrats will be routed on November 4.

CBS News recently took the temperature of the electorate and found that voters, both the registered and likely varieties, heavily favor Republicans to have control of Congress. CBS News also discovered that Republicans are vastly more excited to vote in November than are their Democratic counterparts; 45 percent of self-described GOP voters are excited to vote, compared to just 37 percent of Democrats.

That survey also found that Obama is a factor for nearly 50 percent of registered voters. By nearly a 2-to-1 margin, more voters say that they will be casting a vote in November in order to send a message of opposition to the president.

CBS

Those numbers are virtually identical to George W. Bush’s at this point in 2006, when Democrats recaptured control of the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.

What’s more, that poll found that Republicans are more trusted to do a better job of handling the issues which voters say are their highest priority issues. On terrorism, the economy, and foreign policy, Republicans are more trusted to handle those issues by 53, 49 and 49 percent of voters respectively. Both Republicans and Democrats say that the economy remains their most pressing concern, and only 40 percent of voters trust Democrats to handle that issue more competently than the GOP.

Finally, Obama’s decision to make himself the center of the battle for control of the Senate is likely to backfire because he is deeply unpopular in those states which will determine which party controls the upper chamber.

According to a YouGov survey of all 50 states from September 20 to October 1, Obama’s job approval in the following states with competitive Senate elections is beyond dismal:

Alaska: 31 percent.
Arkansas: 27 percent.
Colorado: 42 percent.
Georgia: 39 percent.
Iowa: 40 percent.
Kansas: 31 percent.
Kentucky: 30 percent.
Louisiana: 34 percent.
Michigan: 43 percent.
Minnesota: 40 percent.
Montana: 31 percent.
North Carolina: 41 percent.
New Hampshire: 36 percent.
South Dakota: 31 percent.

Obviously, Democrats like Arkansas’s Mark Pryor, Colorado’s Mark Udall, North Carolina’s Kay Hagan, and New Hampshire’s Jeanne Shaheen are running well ahead of Obama’s job approval rating. They would like nothing more than to avoid being linked to the head of their party in the minds of their constituents. CBS News’s latest poll suggests that they would have a difficult time creating distance between themselves and the president to begin with, and Obama made it that much more difficult for them when he cast the midterms as a referendum on himself.

Clearly, the president would have been better served to take his lumps, allow the members of his party to distance themselves from him and his policies, and possibly retain control of the Senate as a result. It seems Obama’s ego just could not allow for that implicit rebuke. He would rather, it seems, mine his own harbors than suffer the repudiation of his allies for the sake of political expediency.

When liberal historians look back on this moment, they will see Obama sacrificed a productive final two years in office in order to maintain his own high opinion of himself. They will not be kind in their recollection.

Comments

First!

I see this as a capitulation on 2014, and a restaging of effort toward 2016.

Bigurn on October 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Democrat Party Election “Rap Tune”

Title: Obama

“I’m a dufus
You can’t stop me.
I’m a dufus
RINO’s lome me too.
I’m a dufus
you will do
What I say.
I’m true to
the Marxist way.
I’m a Marxist Dufus
You ani’t got no
way to stop me.
Me and Boehner all the way.”

APACHEWHOKNOWS on October 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hubris we much?

Oldnuke on October 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Every political ad should show Obama saying: “my policies are on this ballot”

jake-the-goose on October 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I find this unlikely in the extreme. Liberal historians are careful to never say anything bad about their heroes. Furthermore, there’s no reason Obama’s final two years can’t be productive ones for progressives. I find it unlikely in the extreme that Boehner and McConnell will do anything to stop him from simply ruling by decree/executive order, much as he has already been doing.

Doomberg on October 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

The 80’s called, they want their country back.

Oil Can on October 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Short tune: If commies can’t do it Boehner and the RINO’s will.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on October 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Sen. Al Franken acts like he’s never met the President. He’d like to meet him some day, but doesn’t have time for him right now.

RBMN on October 9, 2014 at 10:51 AM

That’s what he gets for ditching TOTUS even for a minute.

txhsmom on October 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Bull.

When liberal historians look back on this moment, they will see this as the point where the GOP and their hatred of a black man in the White House finally overwhelmed the momentum of the 2008 election. The final two years will be depicted as jackels devouring the corpse of that 2008 post-partisan spirit engendered by Obama.

Happy Nomad on October 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I dont get it..Obama was their King..their Messiah and a Vision of Holiness and has arrived to change the world. -Now they are running away from him because the very policies they voted along with him have failed? They VOTED for it all, on average of the upper 90% range. Now you know we are really in trouble when the FBI is asking the public to help identify an ISIS guy…what?? Isnt that their job not ours? And who cares who this guy is….are we on the ‘he made a video’ kick again? This ISIS fool has done nothing more criminal than the rest of them. Its a PR move from Obama to make the FBI sound useful.

malkinmania on October 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Doomberg on October 9, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Happy Nomad on October 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Agreed. The liberal historians will say that Obama “Was a man ahead of his time”. And that the conservative movement was afraid of change from a man who was the most brilliant man in history.

Think I’m over the top? In Universities, Founding Fathers = White Rich Slave owning racists.

Oil Can on October 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM

“But he’s soooooooo smart. He’s light years ahead of the rest of us.”
/ValJar

Bitter Clinger on October 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Happy Nomad on October 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

At what point in the Obama presidency did right-leaning America discover that Obama was black? I know when they discovered that Obama was foolish and incompetent–very early–but you’re saying they turned on him only because he was black.

RBMN on October 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

You say Kenyan, I say Contagion … let’s call the whole thing off.

M240H on October 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

…At the risk of being classed as a Certified Nut(TM), I’d like to say something. Since the nightmare of the 2000 elections, I have come to believe that at some point, we are going to see incumbents who lose and lose big simply sit down and refuse to leave office.

I’m wondering if – especially if the best-case scenarios come true and there is a wipeout in the Senate and the GOP adds seats in the house – this might finally be where it happens. There are more than enough idiots in Congress who might say, “The people didn’t know what they were doing, and they can’t be allowed to stop my work and that of the Party”….and there are more than sufficient pundits and media who will stroke their chins, nod sagely, and say, “You know, he/she might have a point…”

Mike

Mike Kozlowski on October 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I don’t know what the polls say but I know that 75% of white Democrats don’t want Demographic Change and 95% of white independents and Republicans don’t want it. I’d make it a one issue election and force the Democrats to respond to the question of executive amnesty and Demographic Change. Hopefully they’ll call you a racist for bringing that up and then they are toast.

Buddahpundit on October 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I can’t believe that 43% of my fellow Michiganders have had frontal lobotomies. Wait a minute, yes I can. Forget that.

307wolverine on October 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

RBMN on October 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

No, he’s saying that’s the viewpoint of the liberal historians.

Bitter Clinger on October 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I do see a downside to this. Let’s assume Republicans do get control of the Senate. That’s all fine and good but I suspect any numbers coming from the Federal Government after that point in time will suddenly go negative.

Unemployment, GDP, wages, etc. Anything that Federal Government Agencies create or controls will be twisted to make Republicans look bad. After all, they would control the entire Congress so it must be their fault right? Obama doesn’t care anymore so it isn’t going to hurt him. Bottom line is all about getting the next Dem elected President and kicking Republicans out of the loop in DC.

We already have proof that data was being fudged and twisted around before elections to help Obama in 2012, so it stands to reason the BLS and other Departments would be onboard to give an “assist” to the 2016 Demo nominee in any way they could.

Johnnyreb on October 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM

November kick out all the Professional Politicians…

Remember…Amateurs built the Ark…

Professionals built the Titanic…

PatriotRider on October 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Barack Obama is a stuttering clusterfark of a miserable failure.

Sting on October 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM

*YAWN*

So, we elect (R)’s to barely control the Senate;
rewarding them for being the Rollover Caucus, the Mitch “this isn’t that fight either” McConnell brigade;
rewarding them for NOT fighting against anything Obama and Reid did the last 6 years;
rewarding them for declaring war on us, vowing to “crush” us, mocking and ridiculing us at every opportunity;
rewarding them for Cuccinelli’ing us every chance they got;
rewarding them for Cockran in Mississippi;
rewarding them for ignoring us and raising the debt ceiling every time it came up;
rewarding them for raising taxes;
rewarding them for vowing to do amnesty;

all so they can be in a race with Dog Eater to do amnesty after they’re re-elected in the mid-terms.

I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Obama to pivot to Veto Pen and pro Line Item Veto Power in 3, 2, 1…

Oh, wait, that would mean he would have to stand up and take a stand publicly by himself on specific issues. Silly boy, what was I thinking.

Obama, The (semi-retired) Present (but not really there) President.

parke on October 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Nonsense.
Here in NH the well funded incessant attack ads against R candidates are taking their toll. Single women by a huge margin are internalizing the constant “War on Women” theme. Scott Brown, a RINO not rabid conservative, is portrayed as an oil money puppet who hates women’s rights and would jail them and their doctors for abortions and would deny women basic healthcare.

philw1776 on October 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Nobody trusts the President that brought Ebola to America?

Star Bird on October 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Every D and I candidate running for Senate is an Obama.

e.g. Greg Barack Obama Orman.

22044 on October 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM

A narcissist MUST narcissist.

ConstantineXI on October 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Polls are not elections. Favorability and popularity ratings are not elections. It makes me nervous that so many on the right seem to assuming that this is going to be a fabulous election for conservatives. I hope so, but I definitely wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

SacredFire on October 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

As much as I enjoy the thought of Democrats being trounced, I can’t help but now view national office elections as a choice between a case of the runs and and a case of the trots.

M240H on October 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Count
Chickens
Hatch

albill on October 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM

SacredFire on October 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

That’s so cute; you still equate Republicans with Conservatives.

M240H on October 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Every political ad should show Obama saying: “my policies are on this ballot”

jake-the-goose on October 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM

LMAO that you think the GOP wants to win.

Smegley on October 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM

M240H on October 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Turd Sandwich vs Giant Douche.

ConstantineXI on October 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM

At the risk of being classed as a Certified Nut(TM)

Mike Kozlowski on October 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Look, pal, we don’t just hand out the Certified Nut qualification. You have to earn it!

So, that’s a good start you have here, but we’re going to need some references to chemtrails, the Trilateral Commission, maybe toss in a black helicopter or two. Go wild. Have fun with it.

dreadnought62 on October 9, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Mark my words – It’s not going to matter if we take the Senate in November, if president Eboma continues to insist that the borders remain open to terrorism and Ebola [ By NOT making a decision to secure them] ..

We won’t need an all GOP impeachment vote – there will be plenty of Democrats to join in to remove that miscreant.

DinaRehn on October 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Oil Can on October 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM

The only mitigating circumstance here is if Hillary or some other progressive Democrat wins in 2016 and it becomes very much worth Team Clinton or the other liberals’ while to throw Obama under the bus, once it becomes clear the new administration is no more successful than Obama’s.

There are plenty of Rent-A-Scholars out there who’d be perfectly willing to go after Obama 4-5 years from now, if that’s what they thought was required to provide alibis to the current office holder in order to keep the Democrats in the White House past 2020.

jon1979 on October 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

The theme should be, “Obama’s policies are the Democrat Party policies”. By default making the Democrat party a failure.

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

SacredFire on October 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

That’s so cute; you still equate Republicans with Conservatives.

M240H on October 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM

No, I don’t. I am cute, it’s true; but I didn’t even mention Republicans. One of the reasons I fear that this won’t necessarily be a great election for conservatives is that a goodly number of Republicans, even if elected, are unlikely to govern in a conservative way.

SacredFire on October 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I wonder if Noah and his fellow RINO travelers will stick to the “Dems are so unpopular we do not have to offer anything to win” strategy in 2016?

If so it will be a loser. Will the Rovian RINO menace finally melt away after that? Or will they rise from the grave yet again? It’s up to us to decide.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on October 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM

A narcissist MUST narcissist.

ConstantineXI on October 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Yep.

He is mentally incapable of NOT being narcisstic.

Bitter Clinger on October 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Oh, I completely agree with you.

I believe that this will be the final victory ever given to the Republican Party by conservatives, because I see no way they don’t completely Fluke up control of the Senate to the point that we’re voting for a new party by 2016.

ConstantineXI on October 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM

DinaRehn on October 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I wouldn’t bet a plug nickel on that.

bgibbs1000 on October 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM

So what ever happened to Recovery Summer I, Recovery Summer II, Recovery Summer III, Recovery Summer IV, and Recovery Summer V ?

J_Crater on October 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Taking the Senate is only a good start.

We can’t fix the damage Obama has done without the Whitehouse in 2016.

I think Democrats know 2014 is lost and are starting 2016 now.

Hillary must be convinced she is toast after her book failure, that should not be impossible.

People, real people, have never liked Hillary. She was probably the most unpopular First Lady in history. Which explains why people weren’t more upset when it was exposed that Bill cheated every chance he got. If it was Laura Bush whose husband treated her that way… well his numbers could never have stayed up.

Even Michelle is a better, more loved First Lady than Hillary was.

Sure they got her elected in NY… so. NY has little in common with the rest of us.

We can beat Hillary, and we need to start doing it.

petunia on October 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Obama acts like a child. He’s the sore loser/sore sport who can’t stand the concept of others losing, or other winning in spite of his presence hurting their chances. So, he’d rather throw his name out there believing that his cult of personality will inspire his lunatic base to vote, even if it means risking a bigger loss. Just as long as Democrats go down with him.

What a sad, pathetic man.

Aizen on October 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM

J_Crater on October 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM

They were all replaced with, “We all live in Obamaville now.”

The new norm of authoritarian imposed mediocrity.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM

RBMN on October 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I’m not saying it, liberal historians are saying it (or will say it). The narrative is that the right-wing has only a veneer of tolerance for minorities and they pounced on every meaningless or trivial event to smear Obama. For no other reason than he is black.

Happy Nomad on October 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I think Obama, and by extension Hillary, want the GOP to win the Senate and keep control of the House. It will give them something to run against; “those rascally Republicans are the reason I can’t get anything done”.

Their miscalculation is that a deadlocked government could be good because it can do no harm.

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Happy Nomad on October 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM

The “narrative” is a lie.

But that won’t matter, they’ll say it anyway. They’ll re-write history to fit the narrative. They are already doing it.

One small reason, of the many, illustrating why this nation is doomed. It’s only a matter of time.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM

This article will ONLY be true if the Dems lose the senate this November.

gwhh on October 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM

No, it will still do LOTS of harm. Obama has his sycophantic minions spread throughout the entire machine. We all know they won’t police themselves and can’t be fired. So, they will likely be there from here on out.

The ONLY way the Federal Government will ever be cleaned up, even a little bit, will be to burn it down and start over.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM

DinaRehn on October 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I wouldn’t bet a plug nickel on that.

bgibbs1000 on October 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Who’s ‘betting’?
I’m just looking the current trends – the Democratic National Communist party is coming apart at the seams. More and more Democrats will be eager to throw the Dear Liar under the rhetorical bus as a matter of self preservation.

DinaRehn on October 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I like this headline.

cat_owner on October 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Hubris is mild.

obama is certifiably sick with malignant narcissism. Mark it. He needs to be interned.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM

#Operation Hubris

Bmore on October 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM

DinaRehn on October 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Only possible dim I could see doing that is Manchin. Even that is highly unlikely.

cat_owner on October 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Heh. Haha.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ::gasps::

That is without a doubt the funniest thing I’ve seen this year. Every single day I’m treated to stories of how the deficit is shrinking, unemployment is shrinking, the economy is growing and national security is better than ever. What makes you think that the defiance of reality will end with Obama’s presidency? The press has already sacrificed all of their integrity to prop up Barry, so why not give up your credibility, too?

Physics Geek on October 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Suggested questions for Dimocrat candidates:

Is your boss the same as psycho Lying Lois Lerner’s and Hustler Holder’s?

When are they going to jail… by the way?

Do you support Obama’s Ebola importation initiatives ?

What part of “you work for us” don’t you understand?

viking01 on October 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Alaska: 31 percent.
Arkansas: 27 percent.
Colorado: 42 percent.
Georgia: 39 percent.
Iowa: 40 percent.
Kansas: 31 percent.
Kentucky: 30 percent.
Louisiana: 34 percent.
Michigan: 43 percent.
Minnesota: 40 percent.
Montana: 31 percent.
North Carolina: 41 percent.
New Hampshire: 36 percent.
South Dakota: 31 percent.

Some of you are still way up in his rectum. I hope you suffocate in there, you fools. It ain’t Beluga caviar.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Gosh, I can’t wait until the media starts blabbing about Obamas legacy. It will probably start in Jan. so we’ll have about two years of it.

jmtham156 on October 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM

The GOP’s plan for 2014 is to target the idea that the Democrats have a ten-foot-tall, bulletproof GOTV machine. While not exciting their own base, they are depressing the Democrats’ base, making the Dems reliant on that supposed perfect GOTV. Someone crunched 2012’s turnout numbers, and figured that the Dems’ advantage actually came from intrinsically motivated groups, most specifically black voters. Take away the intrinsic motivation for the turnout, and maybe Catalist-targeted voters will find the contact annoying instead of motivating.

Sekhmet on October 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Sometimes these things begin to build upon themselves. If the public starts believing a wave is coming, they tend to vote (or sometimes not vote) that way.

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I won’t get cocky…but what does everyone think? If things are bad now for D’s, they can only get worse? I hope.

22044 on October 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Didn’t the democrats help Obama get elected in 2008 & 2012?
What is their problem with him now?
Don’t they believe in the man and his policies?
All the democrats should proudly be picking up Obama’s flag of Marxism and marching from sea to shining sea expressing the hope & change of Obama!!!!
I would think that these democrats don’t actually believe in or support what they have been spouting these last 6 years.
Why all of the sudden are they jumping ship?
Why aren’t these politicians showing some backbone and explaining to the American people how great President Obama is and how great the next two years will be????
Democrats have the right to some answers from their representatives.
The democrats have to explain to the voters why Obama is their man and why they will continue to support him to the bitter end.

redguy on October 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM

obama is the devil in any room.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Too charitable an interpretation. He’s really just that delusional.

There Goes the Neighborhood on October 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

The GOP’s plan for 2014 is to target the idea that the Democrats have a ten-foot-tall, bulletproof GOTV machine. While not exciting their own base, they are depressing the Democrats’ base, making the Dems reliant on that supposed perfect GOTV. Someone crunched 2012′s turnout numbers, and figured that the Dems’ advantage actually came from intrinsically motivated groups, most specifically black voters. Take away the intrinsic motivation for the turnout, and maybe Catalist-targeted voters will find the contact annoying instead of motivating.

Sekhmet on October 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I’m getting my tin-foil hat ready to go as I spout the opinion that the high turnout in some black communities was manufactured. I just find it beyond belief that there were in excess of 100% turnout in some precincts in Cleveland, with 100% of the vote for Obama.

I always ask why the Left is so apoplectic when it comes to voter ID laws. The above example could be the reason.

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM

…………..what if there are some races (MN, NH, VA, MI) that are being ignored but could lead to additional pick ups? Nobody thought Cantor was in trouble either.

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Tater Salad on October 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I am being quietly optimistic.

Something like that would also send a message to RINO’s.

cozmo on October 9, 2014 at 12:14 PM

———–

Too charitable an interpretation. He’s really just that delusional.

There Goes the Neighborhood on October 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Obongo thinks he’s a deity.

That’s what Affirmative-action tends to do to social-promotion imbeciles.

viking01 on October 9, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Drivel.

On a side note, it is with mixed thoughts that a GOP win in November is met. It will be a) a slight improvement from the current situation, and b) interpreted by the GOPe that they can continue to be feckless big-government liberals at war with conservatives more than Democrats and still win.

Whether that interpretation is correct or not, I guess we’ll see.

Midas on October 9, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Obama is playing long ball. He needs to tank the Dems this election cycle, ensures Hillary will win in 2016. The LIV can be relied upon to fulfill that scenario.

TulsAmerican on October 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Don’t you see? EVERYTHING is about Barack Obama, at least in his mind.

RebeccaH on October 9, 2014 at 12:40 PM

The chickens are coming home to roost!

GarandFan on October 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Paging Gumbyandpokey, line 3….where are you, drone? Wanna come out and play?? ‘Splain to us rubes all about these polls? Bwahahahaha…..crickets…..

bimmcorp on October 9, 2014 at 12:48 PM

*YAWN*

So, we elect (R)’s to barely control the Senate;
rewarding them for Cuccinelli’ing us every chance they got;
rewarding them for Cockran in Mississippi;
rewarding them for raising taxes;
rewarding them for vowing to do amnesty;

I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Which would all be well and good if it wasn’t for that Damned Supreme Court. I understand “Let It Burn”, but allowing Obama to put Cass Sunstein, Eric Holder, and Van Jones on the Supreme Court is less “Let It Burn” and more “Pour Gasoline on it and make sure I fry my own face off in the process”.

HikaruKitsune on October 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Since Harry Reid took control of the Senate on 1/3/2007:
Employment up only 0.6 Million
Total Public Debt up $9.2 TRILLION!!

ITguy on October 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM

HikaruKitsune on October 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I’m not saying “let it burn” at all. I’m merely reminding people what they’re voting FOR.

If people think they’re going to go out on election day, vote in or re-elect a bunch of establishment (R)’s thinking they’re going to be getting a markedly different and more Conservative Senate, they’re in for yet another BIG disappointment.

And, let me ask you, do you actually think the establishment (R)’s in the Rollover Caucus of the Senate wouldn’t rubber-stamp two of the three loons you listed above in order to avoid being labeled as RAAAACISTS? Please.

The Obama-Media would merely float the Racist charge and they will cave faster than you can blink. Guaranteed.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Nonsense.

philw1776 on October 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Obviously you haven’t seen the new UNH Poll, which just came out today. It has an interesting development in the House race between the incumbent Democrat Moonbat, Annie Kustard, and her Republican opponent, Marilinda Garcia.

Garcia is now up by 4.

Del Dolemonte on October 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM

There is better imagery on this from the ISIS (Institute for Science and International Security) site, run by David Albright a former weapons inspector. Link here:

The interesting thing in the imagery are small craters in the ground at the site where the topmost building once stood. This might indicate it was not an accidental explosion. The site of another missing building (bottom) appears to have vehicles present consistent with clean-up efforts, according to the article.

I won’t go into the weaponry that might have been used other than it is in the inventory of both the US and the Israelis.

Corky Boyd on October 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Modern day plague takes over obama.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Modern day plague takes over obama.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Fracking crazy sh*t right there.

Meople on October 9, 2014 at 2:06 PM

I don’t know. My fear is that OFA and the the rest of the Dem GOTV tap into a population that is absent from the population being polled. They pull these people out of the woodworks.

I will not be surprised at all if the polls show a big GOP landslide and it turns out to be modest Dem gains.

hisfrogness on October 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM

The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time.”

Ayn Rand

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2014 at 2:13 PM

307wolverine on October 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM

With ya on that – how can 41% in NC be so in the kool-aid tank? Are there really that many dumb-masses?

Infidelius on October 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM

The issue on 2016 is that without the Senate – Obama is exposed. Budget bills require a simple majority. The GOP can manipulate the purse like they cannot now. It may require a level of deftness the GOP frequently lacks. But we have seen Obama when he doesn’t get his way. He is a petulant little child, crying. It won’t play well with anyone. The dems will have a good chance to get the Senate back in 16 based upon where the battle will be fought. But the dem nominee is going to have a bigger climb than originally thought, because Obama’s last two years are going to be a PR disaster that even the media won’t be able to hide.

The IRS, DOJ, EPA are going to have no protection anymore. And I am basing this all not on the GOP’s superior ability – cause that would be a lie – but that Obama is just flat out terrible at being president, and he is going to screw it up so bad the dems in general can’t help but be hurt badly.

Zomcon JEM on October 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM