Video: Ted Cruz booed for defending Israel at conference of Middle East Christians

posted at 11:21 am on September 11, 2014 by Allahpundit

In case you haven’t seen it already at the Daily Caller, turns out Palestinian and Lebanese Christians aren’t as pro-Israel as their American counterparts.

How often do you hear about a national pol being booed offstage anywhere and think, “Wow, that’s a big political win for him”? But it is.

“Christians have no greater ally than Israel,” he said, at which point members of the crowd began to yell “stop it” and booed him.

EWTN News Nightly’s Jason Calvi caught the moment on video.

“Those who hate Israel hate America,” he continued, as the boos and calls for him to leave the stage got louder. “Those who hate Jews hate Christians. If those in this room will not recognize that, then my heart weeps. If you hate the Jewish people you are not reflecting the teachings of Christ. And the very same people who persecute and murder Christians right now, who crucify Christians, who behead children, are the very same people who target Jews for their faith, for the same reason.”

The cries of “stop it, stop it, enough,” and booing continued. “Out, out, leave the stage!” At this point IDC’s president, Toufic Baaklini, came out to the stage to ask for the crowd to listen to Cruz, but Cruz had already had enough.

Watch the clip to see what he said next. Rand Paul’s made it a staple of his comments on the Middle East over the past few years to note how many of our “allies” persecute Christians. He’s right, and that’s shrewdly calculated to appeal to evangelicals who might otherwise be jittery about Paul’s motives in wanting to scale back foreign aid. Watching this, though, and knowing how it’s destined to go viral among grassroots righties, I feel like Cruz probably did himself as much good in 40 seconds with those voters as Rand has in two years. Smart guy, but then we already knew that.

Interesting backstory: The conference was a minor political headache for Cruz by the time he came to the podium thanks to this Free Beacon story yesterday noting that a few of the other speakers were known to back Hezbollah and Bashar Assad, a.k.a. our new allies against ISIS. (The Beacon’s headline: “Cruz Headlines Conference Featuring Hezbollah Supporters.”) If his audience had sat quietly during his passages on Israel, the Beacon would probably be pressing him today to explain why he deigned to speak at an event with people like that sharing the dais. How pro-Israel can he really be? Instead, the crowd started booing him — Lebanon’s ambassador to the U.S. supposedly left the room in anger — and he not only stood his ground, he pressed the point. That’s brilliant political signaling, not just in terms of demonstrating his commitment to Israel but in showing his conservative base that he refuses to retreat under political pressure. We already knew that too from last year’s “defund” effort and the ensuing shutdown but it’s a point that can’t be repeated enough. If you’re a tea partier yearning for someone to support who won’t budge under withering fire from the left, the media, and from people like this, Cruz has done everything he can in his 20 months in the Senate to say “I’m that guy.” It might not win him the presidency but it’ll ensure he has a lot of power among congressional Republicans for years to come. How many other freshmen senators with less than two years on the job are able to heavily influence whether the government gets funded or not? As I say: Smart guy.

The Free Beacon has a new story today about Cruz and the conference, by the way. Headline: “Ted Cruz Stands Up to ‘Hatred and Bigotry’ at Conference of Middle Eastern Christians.” Consider this narrative changed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Scadmore . . . . . Benfreude

listens2glenn on September 11, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I’m sorry if I made you misunderstand- I’m actually American, born and bred. My husband is the immigrant and these experiences I’ve been relating are his.

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 10:54 PM

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 10:54 PM

LOL! Still, it’s good to see you here.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Thank you! It’s good to be here. Nice talking with you.

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Your comment, and that link explain a LOT (in addition to provoking new questions) . . . . . thanks for posting.

listens2glenn on September 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Are you against Mr. Netanyahu? Obviously I don’t live there but I like the strength that he exudes.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 10:38 PM

His foreign policy is a disaster for Israel but I think his real strength is his economic policy. Israel is still far more Socialist than France and needs the reform he is bringing.

lexhamfox on September 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM

listens2glenn

I’m glad- I hoped it would be received positively, or at least with serious consideration. Thanks for reading it!

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM

lexhamfox on September 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Israel seems to get blamed for a lot of the bad in the world, I would have a hard time worrying about foreign policy. Ours leaves a lot to be desired and I don’t think I would encourage us to be more compliant either.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 11:06 PM

The current Syrian situation has to be very confusing. First Obama wanted to get rid of Assad, which I assume would make your husband happy but now we are going after the enemies of Assad. Not that it won’t ultimately help get rid of him but it is a shame to see Lebanon and her people so poorly treated.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I read an earlier comment where someone called out the ‘forced Arabization’ of Christians there… shame on you if you buy that garbage.

Israel is a noble ideal which is badly tarnished by the occupation and the rise of far right politics. the plight of Israeli Christians is not as dire as in other parts of the Near East but it should not prevent us from recognizing that it represses a significant minority by design.

lexhamfox on September 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM

those weren’t my words, those were the words of the Israeli christians themselves, i posted the link to the forum that they held where they discussed this issue and all the points that i have made. As far as “repression” that only exists in your mind, Israel gives more freedom to its muslim population than France does. Also i’d rather Israel be “tarnished” due to an occupation than be be subject to wanton genocide at the whim of a genocidal muslim mob like in the rest of the muslim world

golembythebay on September 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM

listens2glenn on September 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM

There’s to much in the way of disappointing revelations in that link to say I’m having a “positive” reaction to it, but I’m totally for the “serious consideration” of it, and there’s no reason to believe you’re lying about any of what you presented.

listens2glenn on September 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM

HumpBot Salvation on September 11, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Give me a break. Serbia? Haiti? The Philippines? Like anyone really cares about parasite countries like that? What have those three countries ever contributed to civilization? PR move. Paper tigers are all that Israel is. Whenever the mud hits the fan it’s us the USA that has to bale Israel out. I just don’t understand why we keep them as “friends” they are the same as those Hashemites in Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Useless allies that give nothing back. All they do is take.

OliverB on September 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM

OliverB on September 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM

You are no longer interesting. Good night.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 11:41 PM

golembythebay on September 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I personally know Israeli Christians. In fact I was discussing your BS with him around the corner from where I live. His business was burned out by Jewish extremists. He lives in the US now.

Spare me your nonsense. I have been there and visited the occupied territories. I have had a glimpse of their lives under the oppressive occupation which you say exists only in my mind. It was European Christians who attempted genocide against Jews. If Americans knew the truth they would be horrified but they buy into your hasbera nonsense.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I would agree that Israel is held to higher standard than it’s regional neighbors and can understand why they feel it is unfair. But as long as they are bankrolled and supported by Europe and the US they are, and should be, held to Western standards. We are responsible for what they do with the absolute military supremacy we provide. Check out what Penatagon observers have to say about Israeli barrages in Gaza. It was pure murder.

lexhamfox on September 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM

So now you’re appealing to authority of the sentimental? Where in any version of the scriptures did Jesus command his followers to be custodians of the “holy” sites? Which fragment or scroll of theirs tells them that Jews are to be loathed and cursed?

Show me where in the scriptures it says that the scriptures are the last, only and final word on the Christian faith. You can’t because it says no such thing. And those people who have custody of the Holy Sites have had custody since the beginning of the faith. In fact, the very bible you have you can thank them for.

This may help you clear your brain:

1. First, there is disagreement is on what books should even be in the Bible. Many Christians falsely believe that all bibles are the same. They are not. Protestants gradually removed 7 of the Old Testament books (and parts of other books) shortly after the “reformation.” These books had always been in the official canon of the Bible. But some of these books contradicted some of the new protestant doctrine so they were removed. So first we need to know which Bible is to be used.

2. But that brings up the next and more fundamental question: Who decides the canon of the Bible? It is historical fact that the Catholic Church (i.e. the Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church) decided the canon of the Bible as we know it today. In the first few centuries there was a growing confusion over what writings were to be considered inspired scripture and which weren’t. It was the bishops of the Catholic Church that met at the end of the 4th century to finally, officially determine the canon. So basically, the authority of the Bible’s canon is only as good as the authority that defined it – that of the Catholic Church.

3. … Should we only believe things that are explicitly written in the Bible?

Well, as a start, does it say anywhere in the Bible that we should only believe the things written in the Bible? The answer is no. On the contrary, it explicitly instructs us through the apostles to “stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thess 2:15). And it goes on further to say “What you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” (2 Tim. 2:2).

And this would have made perfect sense to those in the New Testament. First of all, this is how they had been taught. Jesus didn’t write the Bible, give it to them and say “here, this is your sole rule of faith. Get one of these into the hands of every person on the planet.” No. He gave us His Church. And He gave the Apostles the power to rule it and the Holy Spirit to guide them. And those Apostles entrusted their authority to other faithful men, our bishops, to teach us also.

4. … if we trust the Catholic Church’s authority to determine what the canon of the Bible is, should we not also trust them to tell us how to use it?

The Catholic Church tells us, as does the Bible, that the true “rule of faith” is both scripture and Apostolic Tradition (what the Apostles have passed down and the Church has always taught from the beginning). And it is these things working together through the teaching authority of the Church (given to it by Jesus Christ) that we come to know the fullness of the Truth.

EnzyteBob on September 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Give me a break. Serbia?

OliverB on September 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Actually, Serbia has made a number of significant contributions to Orthodox Christianity over the years. Ohrid, Macedonia, which at various points in history had a Serbian influence, is often called the “Jerusalem of the Balkans.”

EnzyteBob on September 12, 2014 at 1:13 AM

OliverB on September 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Many still hold on to the old paradigms-they’re still fighting the Cold War, the PLO, Hitler, Vietnam and remembering Pearl Harbor. In the meantime, the realities of the world and time haven’t yet caught up to them…and probably never will.

Much of what we thought was black and white or right and wrong simply are not that cut and dried. We’ve been lied to repeatedly and have been taught history by those with vested interests (their bottom lines and their personal ideologies). We pick up snippets and blurbs from Hollywood and the drive-by media concerning complex historical issues distilled and whitewashed for us through the optics of various Socialists, fanatics, crooks and corporate Fascists…and call it Truth…if it fits in with our personal ideologies.

And inconvenient facts are denounced as lies and conspiracy theories.

And you don’t dare question memes shrouded in jingoism and Patriotism.

Now, I would side with Israel any day over the Medieval serfs and their feudal masters that surround them in the Middle East. But I’m not delusional enough to believe that Israel is going to do much of anything for the U.S. The Israeli politicians are going to do what is best for them, their parties and their religion. But we spend billions of our (exhausted) treasure defending Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and most of Europe and get nothing in return-it’s not just Israel that we prop up.

Obviously, somebody somewhere over here is benefiting from these arrangements. But the astounding thing is that they’ve hoodwinked so many Americans into believing that their best interests and ours are the same thing. They simply aren’t.

But if we leave those countries completely on their own, then what? We’ll face something worse surely. But since many with personal wealth and power over here actually support these enemies (Communists and Muslim fanatics), then the whole argument either way becomes nonsense. Again, it’s not black and white.

At any rate, we’re broke and our economy’s declining. In the future any debates about who we should help and how much will be entirely out of our hands, as we’ll be incapable of doing much about it anyway.

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 12, 2014 at 2:26 AM

Nary a week goes by when I do not think “I am glad that I voted for Ted Cruz”. The man is really, really good (in every meaning of the word). He is the only lawyer that I have ever liked.

Theophile on September 12, 2014 at 3:02 AM

lexhamfox on September 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM

You make this sweeping statement yet all of Israel’s laws show they are not 2nd class citizens. They are in fact equal citizens. I live in Israel, Arab Christians are successful members of society. This is like saying that Jews who are secular and there are many in Israel are also second class citizens. You guys are full of it, and worse I’ve been registered here since the 1st day this site opened, it’s always the same crew of 5 guys, changing every year or so saying the same things. The only people who are second class are those 5 guys.

saus on September 12, 2014 at 3:02 AM

lexhamfox on September 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM

BTW Leham you are always talking about how you’ve been to Israel, and how you’ve seen it. I live in Israel. I am more of an authority on the topic than you who talked to some guy who you claim was burned out by Jewish extremists. Tell me, how often do we hear about Jewish extremists burning people out of their businesses and lives? About as often as we hear about Christian extremists which is almost never.

You talk about the occupation, there hasn’t been occupation in 2 decades. Most Palestinians, the vast majority over 90% of them in the West Bank are under Palestinian Authority. Under Palestinian policing, Palestinian education, Palestinian justice system, Palestinian elections, Palestinian rule. The other 10% live in Jerusalem area under Israeli benefits. Unless your stories are 20+ years old what you are talking about is oppression by Muslim Palestinians. Of which I might add there is much, with Muslims seizing lands, businesses and rights from Christian Palestinians in the West Bank. With Christians from Bethlehem and other places having fleed.

Before that it was under Jordanian and Egypt rule that much oppression of Christians, and Christian holy sites by Muslim Arabs was found. Just as they oppressed Judaism and barred Jews from holy sites and practice. The root of Christian oppression in the middle east has never been Israel, it will never be Israel. It has always been fellow Arabs, Muslims doing then oppression, or Ottoman Turks, and it will always be that way too. Across the Mideast.

In Israel proper Christians have equal rights, full freedom of religion, full citizenship, they are fully integrated to society, successful members of our society. I reject totally you calling them 2nd class citizens because it’s not true.

saus on September 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM

saus; thanks for standing up to the bigots and their bald faced lies.. amazing they thought they could get away with saying such ignorant BS … arrested for giving away bibles? Thats never happened. They need to crawl back under their rock.

mark81150 on September 12, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Cindy Munford

Yes, my husband is Lebanese and Maronite. Before Obama even knew who ISIS
was, the Lebanese knew that Bashir Assad and surprisingly enough Putin were lining up against ISIS. Not a single immigrant that I know from that part of the world celebrated Arab Spring, as I’ve commented in past posts- not even the Muslims. They all knew that while the present leader (Mubarak, Assad, etc) was bad, what was following was worse for Christians and “moderate” Muslims. For example, that’s why you see Coptic priests standing in support of Mubarak. Egypt was bad enough under him, but they knew Muslim Brotherhood would fill the power vacuum and it would be worse.

Regarding Syria, some Lebanese (Christian and Muslim) cheer them on against the Rebels, whom they know are not even Syrian but imported from other fanatic areas of the Muslim world. Yes, I think it is very confusing. But I will say that personal experience clarifies it for you quickly. As I said, I am American. Our church however consists of Lebanese, Syrians, Palestinians and a few Iraqis every once in a while. When you listen to the people who have actually lived it and are still living it (many parishioners travel back and forth) it is completely different than what you read on the net or see on TV.

ImmigrantsWife on September 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM

ImmigrantsWife on September 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Thank you for bringing a fresh perspective to the
discussion last night . Hope you stick around as
there are lots of us that here who appreciate a
different way of seeing events .

Lucano on September 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM

saus on September 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Really appreciated the article from the Gatestone
Institute . I looked for those stats last night and
couldn’t find anything definitive .
Live and learn . Thank you .

Lucano on September 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Those Christians are probably replacement theologians no doubt.

Anyway, as Savage says, stand with the Jews or be ruled by the Muslims. Good on Cruz.

LaughterJones on September 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM

mark81150 on September 12, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Remind me of this post the next time you are whining about leftists who call you racist for opposing Obama. You’re as big of a whiner as they are.

ImmigrantsWife on September 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Don’t bother these “Patriots”. Jeeeeeeeesus called them to act on behalf of the Jews. These dummies didn’t even know that the Christians over there, THE FIRST CHRISTIAN COMMUNITIES EVER TO EXIST, support the Palestinians!!!!!

EnzyteBob on September 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM

OliverB on September 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM

LOL, I confess, my unedited response to this is “clueless twat”.

Midas on September 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM

saus on September 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Thanks for your posts, and your actual/factual perspective on what reality is in Israel.

Midas on September 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM

EnzyteBob on September 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

How about a “link” ? . . . . . . . Or did all of that originate from yourself ?

listens2glenn on September 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM

the hatred of Israel is so inbred, that the Christian who should have empathy with Israel don’t

RonK on September 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM

OliverB on September 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM

LOL, I confess, my unedited response to this is “clueless twat”.

Midas on September 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM

No kidding, the fukktard made the claim that Israel NEVER provided any relief aid or assistance to countries after a natural disaster. I provide links to 3 recent ones where they did and now he claims they are insignificant countries. Guess you have to be significant country to be worthy of aid. Ol oliver has shown himself to be an ignorant bigot throughout this thread.

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM

If Ted Cruz was a marriage councilor, how many marriages would he save?

To judge by all this, I would venture to say not very many.

The police might be a lot busier though.

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Cruz could have chosen the path, and it wouldn’t have taken any more effort, of trying to unite those set upon by Muslims, rather than divide them, or if they are already divided, further divide them. I think that would have been a much better path.

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

What if Ted Cruz had become a surgeon rather than a politician?

I think, to judge by all this, there would be a lot of cases where, “The operation was a success, but the patient died”.

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM

If Ted Cruz was a marriage councilor, how many marriages would he save?

To judge by all this, I would venture to say not very many.

The police might be a lot busier though.

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I don’t know..what if one of the spouses suffered from batter spouse syndrome and the other had a right hook like Ray Rice?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I don’t know what if one of those that was supposed to be united was actually united with one of those who is doing the dividing?

Sometimes when you come to a fork in the path…you need to take it.

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM

EnzyteBob on September 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Comparing 21st century Christians, ANYWHERE, to 1st century Christians is laughable.

Cleombrotus on September 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

VorDaj on September 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Idiot.

Midas on September 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Here’s another good article I saw today that seems pretty balanced.

I think the author is Jewish (or at least has a Jewish parent).

ImmigrantsWife on September 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM

He should have been booed. The ME Christians are in terrible shape, thanks to Israel and the neocons. The last thing they want to hear is a supposed Christian politician bragging about Israel.

cimbri on September 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM

cimbri on September 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM

And another ignorant paultard weighs in. WTF is it with you ignorant POS?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Here’s another good article I saw today that seems pretty balanced.

I think the author is Jewish (or at least has a Jewish parent).

ImmigrantsWife on September 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM

That is probably the closest to an unbiased, balanced report that we can expect.

Everyone should read that, before continuing any further.

listens2glenn on September 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Everyone should read that, before continuing any further.

I would like to see a more open-minded and reasoned debate here. I hope your advice is taken. However, there seem to be many here, including respected regulars, who have, absent any true understanding of events or sympathy for the Christians in attendance, concluded that they are evil Jew haters and that anyone who pauses to consider their perspective is likewise guilty of this, the greatest of sins.

I will make one last request of those who consider themselves conservatives to stop acting like emotional, irrational, bomb-throwing liberals when it comes to issues involving Israel or Jews.

MMK on September 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Cleombrotus on September 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Same goes for the Jews. Your ‘homeland’ is deader than the Roman Empire and occupied by millions of violent cavemen. Bring your families to somewhere AWAY from the howling hordes, for God’s sake.

Oh yes, and as for Muslims: you’ve f*cking stagnated in utmost darkness for the better part of 1000 years, quit snivelling about your ‘achievements’. Or anything else for that matter until you come UP the the level of cartoon booga-booga barbarians.

MMK on September 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Thank you. There was one person in all of history who was blameless and perfect. No nation had that qualification.

LawfulGood on September 12, 2014 at 8:22 PM

And another ignorant paultard weighs in. WTF is it with you ignorant POS?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I’m sure you were one of the geniuses who supported American intervention starting in the early 1990s. Turned out great for America and the ME Christians, huh? Maybe if you start listening to other people, you might just learn something, instead of being blissfully dense.

cimbri on September 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

cimbri on September 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM

“Intervention”, meaning what ? . . . . . I absolutely was for the use of our military forces, to drive Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait. If that’s not what you meant by “intervention starting in the early 1990s”, then what “intervention” did you mean?

That event was totally about the free-flow of crude, at ‘market’ prices. Nothing unjust or invalid about that.

listens2glenn on September 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

listens2glenn on September 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

And don’t forget the environment with all those oil well fires.

Cindy Munford on September 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Cindy Munford on September 13, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Hey, that’s right . . . . . thank God for Red Adair, Boots Hanson, Coutes Mathews and associates.

They all should have received a major “Thank you” from the environmentalists, for that one.
Wonder if they’re still waiting for it ?

listens2glenn on September 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Evangelicals have a hard-on for jews (that is not reciprocated) and project this great alliance (that only exists in their head) on everything else.

Darth Executor on September 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Sure, but it’s not just the Evangelicals. Many view Israel as “mini-America” or “America Lite” or something…like they do England because they at least speak English there.

Folks don’t get the fact that other peoples and other political systems are looking out for themselves. It would actually be a refreshing change if we had that over here. But we’ve been brainwashed by both the Socialists and the Moral Majority types that we have to be the world’s John Wayne and vanquish Evil wherever it is found. It’s why we exist apparently.

Be that as it may, I do respect the Israeli citizens and don’t envy the fact that they’re surrounded by all manner of cut throats, kidnappers, and slave traders.

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM

cimbri on September 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Yeah, it’s America’s fault for all those muslims killing christians in the ME.

We should have just let Saddam kill them slowly versus in mass like their peaceful neighbors are doing now.

HumpBot Salvation on September 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Everyone should read that, before continuing any further.

listens2glenn on September 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Read it. Doesn’t strike me as ‘unbiased’ much at all. *shrug*

Midas on September 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM

MMK on September 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Couldn’t agree more, though I suspect we’re addressing those desires at wholly different groups of people.

Midas on September 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM

If more people in America knew about the indigenous Christans and what their true sentiments were, I don’t think the neocons would be so quick to run off and play Sheriff to the Middle East.

EnzyteBob on September 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Funny…I never considered Obama and Kerry “neocons”.

Solaratov on September 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

If it wasn’t for all the tourist sites that country would be another barren desert like the rest of the region.

Hardly. But then, you know that. Whu do you people have to lie so much?

Solaratov on September 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM

listens2glenn on September 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Should have let Sadaam have Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. There never would have been a 9-11, that’s for sure. The jihadis would have been fighting the Baathists for decades.

cimbri on September 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM

listens2glenn on September 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

cimbri on September 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM

If we would have let Saddam Hussein keep Kuwait, and take Saudi Arabia, the price of crude would have become “crippling.”

Neither do I agree with you that “there never would have been a 9-11”, if we had just left Saddam alone.

But I can agree with you that the jihadis would have been fighting the Baathists. For decades? … I can’t confirm or deny that, but they definitely would have been fighting each other.

listens2glenn on September 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM

cimbri on September 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM

Lolz!

Bmore on September 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM

This may help you clear your brain:

3. … Should we only believe things that are explicitly written in the Bible?

EnzyteBob on September 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Thanks for the Enzyte history of the Canon, but you totally avoided the fullness of truth.

Please link to this missing “book” or Apostolic letter instructing the ME Christians to hate Jews/Israel for it is Jesus’/God’s will.

What? Did you not know that the Sadduces and the Pharisees (a schism even in Judaism) were very traditional and taught the faithful many things that were “ungodly” and Jesus took them to task for their hypocrisy, lies and deceit.

Kudos on Cruz for taking a 2×4 to the ME Christians that would have us support any flavor of islam over the Jews.

Umpteen verses admonishing us to bless (some of which I bulleted a few pages ago, along with other commenters), not curse, Israel and thes 1st Century, traditional clowns come along and insist we have it all wrong, that we should not bless Israel, rather fall in with any particular flavor of islam or Arabic state?

yet all you and your ilk can do is rant and rave about how wrong we are with nothing more potent than the appeal to sentimentality — 1st century Christians, traditions, blah, blah, blah. Well, if you can’t back it scripturally, then they haven’t a leg to stand on. To bad and you should rather admonish the ME Christians to get right with God or they will find themselves on the wrong side of eternity. A future that trumps any tempoary earthly concerns.

AH_C on September 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM