Question for the State Department: Isn’t Obama waging preemptive war in Iraq now?

posted at 4:41 pm on September 11, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via the Free Beacon. I would have phrased the question differently, like, say, “When exactly did President Obama decide that the Bush doctrine is awesome?” Because he has, you know. But we needn’t quibble over semantics. Marie Harf’s non-denial:

“When we talk about how you degrade and defeat terrorist organizations, it’s not exactly I think how you’re probably using the term,” said Harf. “And it’s not one that I’m using. Our goal is to prevent terrorist organizations from being able to attack the United States or our interests, to degrade their capabilities to do so. Obviously those are the kinds of terms I would use when it comes to this current effort.”

Preventing a dangerous enemy from hitting the U.S. by hitting him first sounds pretty preemptive-y to me. If I understand her correctly, the reason this isn’t preemptive war a la Bush is because it isn’t war, period. A war is something you engage in against a nation-state; we don’t recognize ISIS’s caliphate, ergo, they’re just a bunch of terrorists and preemptive war against terrorists is simply counterterrorism. I think that’s why you’re seeing such a moronic sustained effort today among White House mouthpieces to avoid using terms like “war” and “victory,” with Harf refusing even to accept “war on terrorism” as a label at the beginning of the video below. (Obama himself never once described the new “effort” against ISIS as a “war” last night, by the way.) The parallels here to 2003 — preempting a threat to the U.S. by overthrowing a brutal regime in the heart of Iraq — are too obvious and too politically uncomfortable to adopt Bush-era terms like “war” and “preemption” too. And of course, the more you talk about it as a new “war,” the more the public’s left wondering why an Article I declaration of war by Congress is unnecessary. So this is a counterterrorism operation. Got it? A counterterrorism operation. Repeat that however many times you need to in order to drum it into your thick skulls, America.

Anyway, a banner day for the White House communications team. I’ll leave you with this, which apparently really happened:

Update: Keep repeating it, America:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It’s war. 13 years ago it’s war. Today it’s war.

thebrokenrattle on September 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Poll: 50% Of Americans Disagree With Obama’s Claim That Islam Is A Peaceful Religion…

The Speech: Obama Gets It Wrong On Islam, Again.

John Kerry Now An Expert On Islam: ISIS’ ‘Hateful Ideology Has Nothing To Do With Islam” – Let’s See What Real Experts on the Subject Say…

Resist We Much on September 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

In 1990, I buried my daughter. I questioned my faith and studied other faiths, including Islam. I actually bought one of Louis Farrahkahhans’ newspapers at an intersection.

After I studied Islam, the Koran, the A-Hadiths, I wondered why this so-called religion was called a “Religion of Peace”

I sought peace when my daughter died. There is no peace in Islam. There is only slavery, death and murder, forced conversions.

I would like help in identifying the person who declared Islam the Religion of Peace. Absolute, total fraud.

Key West Reader on September 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

All this Harf harshing needs to stop. Girl’s tired, that’s all. You would be too if you were in charge of Rush Week at the State Department.

Ironwood297 on September 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

No blood for oil.

Blacksheep on September 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Why is it I’m embarrassed for our country every time I see Marie Harf and Jen Psaki?

Can’t we get someone else at the state department other these two sorority girls?

Tater Salad on September 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I have to ask, does she really need the glasses or are they for looks?

I bet it’s 50/50 whether they are prescription.

Tater Salad on September 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM

JFK escalated Vietnam by sending in more “advisors”, but of course that wasn’t a “war” either. If an “advisor” is killed while advising is it a advising death vs. combat death?

Sven on September 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM

It sounds funny, but these little undeclared wars played havoc for the families; death benefits reduced, for quite a while the guys weren’t eligible for the GI bill after their service, injuries were considered service-connected but not combat-related, and so forth.

Plenty of ways to screw the servicemen while you’re screwing with nation.

Dolce Far Niente on September 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I find it amusing that every government megaphone is now using the phrase “degrade and defeat” as often as possible. Apparently His Royal Highness’ contradictory statements of recent days are proving an embarrassment for Him, and His disparate ideas have to be blended together like wine-filled cheese and served to the gape-mouthed press to promote and reinforce the fallacious notion that they were always a package deal.

jbspry on September 11, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Far too many people had the same list. They all should be ashamed but the good news is that blacks are among those most harmed by the lousy Obama economy. Victory or something.

Happy Nomad on September 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Man, I *hope* there’s a snark tag buried in that line?

BlaxPac on September 11, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I think the sarc tag is spelled “or something” in this case.

There Goes the Neighborhood on September 11, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Key West Reader on September 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I believe it’s actually the Religion of “Rest in Peace.” Which is weird, since the people who are doing that are the ones who refused to accept Islam.

There Goes the Neighborhood on September 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Halp Us, Jon Cary!

Christien on September 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Harfs glasses do not hold lenses. Look at the contour of her face thru the glasses. It aligns perfectly with the contour outside her glasses. If the lenses bent light is nay way (as all lenses do), then that alignment would not exist.

RavingLunatic on September 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM

That Blonde Woman is probably hairy.

CW on September 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Holy Cow, Juan Williams says Congress should authorize the war (can we say that) without a request from the president.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Have you noticed how the administration spokes-ditzes are all wearing horn rimmed glasses? Is this supposed to give them some sort of gravitas?

GrayDog on September 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

No blood for oil.

Blacksheep on September 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

George Soros bought $61 million worth of Halliburton in 2007. And many Halliburton employees (including a Senior VP) donated to O’bama in 2008 and 2012, according to opensecrets.org

Why do you think Halliburton has quietly been replaced by the Koch Brothers as an object of hatred for the Looney Left?

BTW I was watching CNN’s “Situation Room” the other night, just before 7 PM Eastern time. They’re now so desperate for ad revenue, they accepted and ran an ad from…Koch Industries. It was sandwiched in between Da Fonz selling reverse mortgages and Wolfman himself saying “This…is your brain on CNN”.

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Tater Salad on September 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM

There’s nothing wrong with sorority girls. Condaleeza Rice was a sorority girl. Harf and Psaki are just idiots.

LASue on September 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

No blood for oil.

Blacksheep on September 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Nothing focuses one’s senses faster than a knife/rope to the neck.

Economy and Security are now on equal footing for the Nov. votes’ priorities.

Schadenfreude on September 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Marie Harf, et. al.:

What.
An.
Idiot.

TxSaintFan on September 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

…they’re just a bunch of terrorists and preemptive war against terrorists is simply counterterrorism.

Then why did Democrats demand vociferously that Bush had to obtain an AUMF before embarking upon the Iraq campaign?

I musta missed that press conference.

Mike from NC on September 11, 2014 at 6:59 PM

It is obviously not a war. It is an overseas contingency operation needed to prevent man caused disasters.

Jgriff on September 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Make love, not counterterrorism operations.

Also counterterrorism operations are expensive, peace is priceless.

stldave on September 11, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Key West Reader on September 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

My heart nearly broke reading your post.

GOD BLESS YOU

ToddPA on September 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Lolz! ; )

Bmore on September 11, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Harf and Kerry are being laughed at on the various ISIS twitter feeds. Ronnie Reagan, my heart craves for your guidance.

malkinmania on September 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Apparently you wing nuts can’t see just how intelligent those fashion glasses make her.

Star Bird on September 11, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Key West Reader on September 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I recall reading a few years ago (when such links/websites were not scrubbed by google) that this
” islam is a religion of peace” was cropped out of the original koranic ” islam will cause peace once every living man and woman is a muslim ”
and it was a propaganda piece originally written in the 60s for English speaking college professor types , with no other access to the koran. Every ignorant ” intellectual” picked it up from there , spread it to the next generation and everyone who had an IQ of less than 20. That’s how it got into our government ‘s lingo.
The author was Edward Said, a professor @ Columbia U ( NYC) , a proud anti-Semite rioter , whose star prodigy is Rashid Khalidi of the same Univ ( Hussein’s fellow shia jihady who invited A’Jad to lecture about how there are no gays in iran) . There starts the link to taquiyya and Hussein.

burrata on September 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I have to ask, does she really need the glasses or are they for looks?

I bet it’s 50/50 whether they are prescription.

Tater Salad on September 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM

The glasses give her gravitas… Without them she’d float away.

DrDeano on September 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Military equipment in use and/or changing hands? Check.
Bombing? Check.
Mass killing? Check.
Populace migrating in an attempt to avoid death? Check.
It’s war, dip-shits.

S. D. on September 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM

No way. It’s just a broad overseas contingency operation to prevent man caused disasters.

And we have never been at war with Eastasia.

farsighted on September 11, 2014 at 7:55 PM

does Harf use the same colorist as Debbie Wasserman Shultz.

avi natan on September 11, 2014 at 8:03 PM

It’s war. 13 years ago it’s war. Today it’s war.

thebrokenrattle on September 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

David Burge @iowahawkblog · 11h

My dad was 5 on Pearl Harbor day, my son was 5 on 9/11.
When my dad was 18, he bought a Japanese transistor radio.

davidk on September 11, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Bombing isolated Toyota pickups is not war.

davidk on September 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM

David Burge @iowahawkblog · 24h

President vows to airstrike ISIS ‘wherever they are’ in new Iraq-Syria-Austria-England-Colorado-France-Australia-Minnesota-Spain-Canada War

davidk on September 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM

The Psaki and Harf comedy duo. make Garfunkel and Oates look like pikers.

de rigueur on September 11, 2014 at 8:10 PM

it’s not exactly I think how you’re probably using the term,” said Harf.

Like, ya know, totally.

forest on September 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM

the reason 0bama had time to work on a strategy

chasdal on September 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM

It is true that nothing Obama does could be characterized as preemptive, when everything Obama does is in reaction to something.

STL_Vet on September 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Seems all of those Democrat hypocrisy chickens are coming home to roost.

Count to 10 on September 11, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Marie Harf stars in
“Debs at War!!”

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on September 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Since the Administration’s mouthpiece didn’t “have his Websters” with him in the press briefing room, I thought to do him (and the State Department and the rest) a favor by acting as an intern (w/o the peripheral duties, thanks).

war
noun, often attributive \ˈwȯr\

: a state or period of fighting between countries or groups

: a situation in which people or groups compete with or fight against each other

: an organized effort by a government or other large organization to stop or defeat something that is viewed as dangerous or bad

Hopefully that will help them answer these difficult questions.

IndieDogg on September 11, 2014 at 8:56 PM

The beauty of the current situation is, of course, that President Jug-Ears thought that he could whistle past the foreign policy graveyard for eight years while fundamentally transforming the USA. The poetic justice is huge here. Because he devoted so little time to understanding the way the world really works–content as he was to force reality to conform to his absurd ideological beliefs–one powder keg after another blew up in his face.

Now, in wonderful, rich irony, Obama is getting his face shoved into the muck that is the world without American leadership. Welcome to the self-inflicted destruction of your presidency, Dick Head.

PD Quig on September 11, 2014 at 9:05 PM

It’s kinda like the Emperor’s new clothes. They know they look beautiful and they know they are smart, heck, these are the smartest people in America, possibly the universe. So why do they have to keep explaining it to the rest of us peons?

This. is. not. a. war. Yes, yes, yes it looks, tastes, smells, and sounds like a war….but it’s not…….you people are really stupid. Dumb bitter clinger hicks.

E9RET on September 11, 2014 at 9:22 PM

PD Quig on September 11, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Your post was outstanding. Post more often. I feel blessed to have the HA community. The dumbest among us could do a better job than these mother….ers.

arnold ziffel on September 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM

it’s not exactly I think how you’re probably using the term

I wonder what Barf’s native language is? English seems to be her 3rd or 4th…

Jaibones on September 11, 2014 at 9:40 PM

After pissing all over Bush to weasel his way into the Senate and then the White House, I believe his Jackass Administration is now officially drowning in their own piss.

Jaibones on September 11, 2014 at 9:48 PM

If this Harf is so smart she’ll know what to do about the garbage avalanches that plague our cities. Someone should ask her!

claudius on September 11, 2014 at 9:49 PM

The “This Current Effort” war on terrorism. No, no, sorry,,,,,,,,,

The “This Current Effort” war on man made disaster
. No, that’s not quite……….

The “This Current Effort”…….Right! “This Current Effort”

Yeah. Nice name for a war.

Bmore on September 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM

This is a real pig circus!

claudius on September 11, 2014 at 9:56 PM

The hair and the glasses are really distracting . Then she pulls a Jedi mind trick and my head is spinning

gxbhkt on September 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Jaibones on September 11, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Can I contribute? A deuce bomb also?

arnold ziffel on September 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Get a few drinks in her,..I’ll bet she would loosen right up. Probably be worth an evening’s time. I do wonder if she talks all the time.
butch on September 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM

She probably even talks with her mouth full, IYKWIMAITYD.

Nutstuyu on September 11, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Jaibones on September 11, 2014 at 9:48 PM

They drink from a fountain filled.

Bmore on September 11, 2014 at 10:42 PM

butch on September 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM

that’s what they make pillows for.

arnold ziffel on September 11, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Key West Reader on September 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I’m sorry about your loss.

The “peace” of Islam can only come, according to Islam, when every person is either a Muslim or subject to a Muslim. There is no Islam that doesn’t know to teach this.

You then get three groups of proclaimed Muslims (the first two representing the vast majority of Islam):

1. Jihadists of multiple stripes who feel compelled to bring about the “peace” by any means.
2. So-called “moderates,” who believe in the same “peace” goal, they’re just not prepared to do what the jihadists do, and they’re content to wait until it’s sufficiently safe to join the fray.
3. People who claim they are Muslims, but have absolutely no idea what the religion truly teaches.

If I might paraphrase John Foxe:

In minority, gentle as sheep.
In equality, clever as foxes.
In majority, ravenous as wolves.

It’s a progression… Which France, England, et al, are learning.

mankai on September 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Okay when you’re a member of the Mile Wide Inch Deep administration comedy team and we can’t get one troll to stink up the place with a desperation defense–we’ll that is just how sad this JV pick for State Department was…..

HatfieldMcCoy on September 11, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Slightly off topic, but I’m forever impressed with how inarticulate these professional spokesmen are. This woman’s whole job is to memorize talking points then sound confident and intelligent while she repeats them back. And here she is saying things like “it’s not exactly I think how you’re probably using the term”? Surely they can find someone better for the job.

Mahna Mahna on September 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Mahna Mahna on September 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Not off topic at all. But Marie Harf et al, are like programmed dolls that seize up when there is the slightest deviation from their bull shi…talking points.

arnold ziffel on September 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM

This is a response to an anti-American video ISIS posted on the inter web…
No seriously, it is. Maybe they need Susan Rice to explain it…

2Tru2Tru on September 12, 2014 at 2:53 AM

This parsing of words is designed to do nothing more than try and get around the Constitutional requirement to go to Congress and get a declaration of war. Even though (I believe) the declaration would pass almost unanimously they don’t want the congressional democrats to have the yes vote on their record for the November elections.

nikophil on September 12, 2014 at 6:57 AM

CT work is done on a Nation to Nation basis and the US did a lot of that in the ’90s and early 2000’s: Colombia, Philippines, Indonesia, Kenya. That work is done by specialized police with a few military personnel to help with specialized equipment, and some freelance operatives who are ex-military or ex-police that are known by the CT experts tapped to help.

FARC fled Colombia, by and large, some to Venezuela, some to Brazil, some to the TBA and a number of them to Mexico to shift the Socialist terror organization into standard organized crime cartel types.

The Moros were hunted down by the locals with some police and specialized military help, so that they started to have only a part of one of the smaller islands to operate from. This while the Moros were trying to get a serious membership into AQ. The early 2000’s saw that beefed up and the Moros tend to be Moros, meaning that they seem to always have a contingent of people willing to take up war for their own reasons. Sees the Spanish-American war for this and the reason the M1911 was developed as a side-arm. BTW Philippines love the M1911 and they not only manufacture it for local use, but export it to the US. Part of CT is normalization of trade, BTW, and that was extremely effective in Colombia as well.

Indonesia took some help, early on, and then decided to go their own way which has not been all that successful, given that AQ has operations still recruiting there… although ISIS may soon find a way to do that, too.

Kenya has served as a base for CT to go after Somali pirates/terrorists, and terrorists in Chad, Niger, Nigeria and just about anyplace you can get a drone to for loitering, like Yemen. That has happened with some pushback against AQ types infiltrating a few of the tribes in Kenya, particularly along the Somali border. Kenya also has exterior organized crime operations setting up shop there, like one of the Red Mafia groups that swung an election back in the early 2000’s.

You don’t need a coalition, alliance or ‘community’ to perform CT operations. That is military talk at the grand strategic level. Obama sucks at all levels of strategy and tactics outside of whining about those who disagree with him politically and harassing them with the organs of government. He can’t tell you the difference between counter-terror, counter-insurgency, and counter-force. He has a problem enough with lunch counter as it is.

Yes I am against those who wage Private War and they are, one and all, Pirates and it doesn’t matter if you call them Buccaneers, Army of Thieves, Terrorists or just plain old Pirates as they are all just plain old Pirates on land or on sea. If you can’t figure out the Public side of war and the difference between COIN and CT, then you are unlikely to know the difference between Public War and Private War. That is by intent of our educational system run by Elites since the time of Dewey. If you do not know that such things exist you can only flail around and talk in a vacuum described by the limits of what you are taught and if you think those are RIGHT and teach yourself nothing more, then you are still ignorant no matter how much you read within the limited sphere you accept as given to you. And if you can’t figure out that Private War is predatory war, depredation and savage as it holds to no standards of conduct for any Nation and is put in place by no Nation, then you will have a hard time understanding its basis and how to deal with it. That is what a century of Progressivism in our schools have bought us: trained ignorance from the top-down.

And it shows, badly.

ajacksonian on September 12, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Is that Jay Carney wearing a blonde wig?

ConstantineXI on September 12, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Resist We Much on September 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

And the other 50% are apparently f*cking idiots.

Midas on September 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

This entire regime makes me wanna Harf…

TarheelBen on September 12, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Del Dolemonte on September 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

~

It’s mainly because Cheney is out of office. Halliburton executives have always donated mainly to Republicans, but have never been among the major fundraisers.

HAL’s market capitalization is over $57 billion. Even taking into account the appreciation since 2007, Soros’ buy amounts to no more than a 3% stake.

Adjoran on September 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM

And the other 50% are apparently f*cking idiots.

Midas on September 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Indoctrination is a powerful thing.

The “holy” koran (which I refer to as the satanic bible) is an INSTRUCTION MANUAL for violence, rape, and terrorism.

ConstantineXI on September 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Face it… we’re being led by the politburo comrade.

Baghdad Bob was more believable.

Skywise on September 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM

…declared Islam the Religion of Peace….

Key West Reader on September 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM

You keep using that phrase. I do not think it means what you think it means. (Said in my best “Inigo Montoya” voice)

Wino on September 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Rush was laughing so hard about this yesterday, he almost fell out of his chair, just thinking about the irony of the light bringer claiming the Bush Doctrine as the reason for starting this major counter-terrorism actionwar. What’s next weapons of mass destruction? Oh, yeah, Assad gassed some folks with chlorine unfortunately it’s considered an industrial gas not banned by the UN. Those willing to kill masses always find a way.

Kissmygrits on September 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM

That woman is completely over her head. That woman. That. That.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM

“… Listen to me, I never had sex with that woman….”

Seems kinda quaint now, huh, compared to this stuff?

Tard on September 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM

For the first minute, I thought I was watching an SNL intro. Where did they get this ditz?

morganfrost on September 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Where did they get this ditz?

College.

Star Bird on September 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM

GrayDog on September 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

It gives them more of the naughty secretary look.

Was that sexist? Tough.

Star Bird on September 12, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Can’t say ‘war’. Babybama doesn’t want either his peace prize or his self-described label ‘president who ends wars’ to be taken away. ‘Words, just words.’

maryo on September 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM

The Islamic State is not Islamic. The Muslim Brotherhood are not Muslims. The Imams who incite hatred and murder are not Islamic. Those who cut off heads and kill Christians are not Muslims. Muslims are all peaceful loving and tolerant. Oh wait…

maryo on September 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM

So, if this is counterterrorism and not war, then by this Administration’s lights, the jihadis are merely terrorists, potential criminal defendants, and not enemy combatants. Like the Benghazi attackers.

CIA’s estimating 20,000-30,000 ISIS fighters in Syria and Iraq. This may be a windfall for U.S. trial lawyers, but are there enough courtrooms in Manhattan to try these guys? Or enough county jails to hold them, after Obama finally closes Gitmo?

And if wiping out these terrorist criminals with airstrikes is supposed to obviate these difficulties, what happened to the presumption of innocence?

de rigueur on September 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Witness our destruction at the hands of this liberal administration. Elections have consequences.

ultracon on September 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Resist We Much on September 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Shorter Kerry: “Some of by best friends are Muslim”

BobMbx on September 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Kinetic Military action.

Fleuries on September 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I have to ask, does she really need the glasses or are they for looks?

I bet it’s 50/50 whether they are prescription.

Tater Salad on September 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM

With glasses: Would bang.
Without glasses: Would not bang.

If she’s wearing them for looks it’s a good call.

GAbred on September 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Too many feminists in positions of authority but

With zero contact/experience with our extraordinary military.

Believing all the feminist garbage regarding their inequality

With a belief that all men and women are equal in all instances

Never having listened to any ideas on the right side unless ridiculing them.

Retire, my dear, retire. Replace you with someone with experience

MN J on September 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

what’s stopping congress from declaring war?

weedisgood on September 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM

So what’s more stupid here – the idiots asking Barbie and Skipper questions about the Middle East, or the answers being given by Barbie and Skipper?

If I were a reporter I would refuse to go to these silly combo photo ops and sound byte generators. Barbie and Skipper are only good for laughs and counting the number of times they change their stories.

jclittlep on September 12, 2014 at 5:57 PM

‘PRE-EMPTIVE War’? Aren’t we already at war? how many on our side must die / be beheaded, after ISIS has declared war on us, before WE consider ourselves AT WAR!

CRITICAL LEGAL POINT:
— Obama loves to insist that we bring these terrorists back to the US, give them the best lawyers our money can buy, and hold tax-payer-funded Criminal TRIALS for them. ISIS has publicly declared ‘WARR on the United States. That is important because at this point, killing and capturing ISIS members is NOT a Judicial/Legal/Criminal matter buy part of ‘WAR’. These POSes at this point have NO LEGAL RIGHTS (especially those bestowed on / held by American Citizens)!

easyt65 on September 16, 2014 at 12:02 PM