38 percent: Obama ties his all-time low in Gallup’s daily tracker of job approval

posted at 4:41 pm on September 4, 2014 by Allahpundit

He’s had slightly lower disapproval numbers, hitting 56 percent earlier this year, but his approval’s never been below 38 percent in Gallup. He sunk that low twice in August 2011, during the dog days of the first debt-ceiling standoff, but never dipped below it.

Think about that. Despite the many lowlights of his second term, from the Healthcare.gov rollout to the NSA scandal to the IRS fiasco to this summer’s comprehensive foreign-policy mess, he’s never been lower than he is right now. Is tomorrow the day he breaks new ground?

gal

The silver lining for Democrats, if there is one, is that his approval’s not in freefall. He’s been stuck just a few points above today’s numbers for most of the summer and yet Democratic Senate incumbents remain competitive in all battleground states. The dark cloud that holds that silver lining is that this isn’t the poll lately showing O nosing south. Ten days ago, Reuters also had him at 38/54, identical to today’s Gallup figure. The new YouGov poll has him at 41/56. (Rasmussen, by contrast, has him at a robust 47/51.) If he settles in at, say, 38/55 for the rest of the midterm campaign, Democrats can wave bye-bye to Mark Pryor, Kay Hagan, Mary Landrieu, Mark Begich, and probably some purple-staters like Mark Udall too. See now why Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has taken to using domestic-violence metaphors to attack big-name Republicans? When the head of the party is lurching towards sub-40 percent approval, it’s most definitely kitchen-sink time.

Via Ace and the Free Beacon, here’s John Kerry rolling out a winning new message for the Democrats’ fall campaign, that the Bible requires Christians to save Muslim countries from global warming or something. Exit question: Does Obama’s sinking approval make an executive amnesty for illegals more or less likely? My gut reaction is to say “less likely,” of course; a man who’s this unpopular needs to be careful about bold moves with high backfire potential. The truth is, though, that O’s recent slide is probably due to some loss of support among Democrats; Republicans and independents might already be as sour on him as they can get. If that’s the case, then a mega-pander on amnesty could be just what the doctor ordered to rally his base. If nothing else, it’d give cable news networks a reason to stop running his “we don’t have a strategy yet” soundbite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

so…

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Please continue Tlaloc.

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Hmmm. “Crusade” you say.

Just send me the links in which Bush in a public policy speech used Scripture as justification for the Iraq war, Not just reference to a bible passage but as justification, and I’ll stand corrected.

Thanks

WisRich on September 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM

He literally calls it a “crusade”. There’s lot’s of other instances but I’ll just count you corrected now, thanks.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

An all time low, Wolfe, that’s an ALL TIME LOW.

ConstantineXI on September 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM

CNN needs to ADAPT their MH370 coverage to the Obama Disapproval Crisis (cue serious theme music)

And find the a really snazzy, real time, 3D simulation of Obama’s polling with “head winds” and “tail winds” … model his depleting political capital as fuel … his incompetence as “flying blind”.

It would play into the comfort zone of the their talking head morons.

They better hurry up before MSNBC beats them to the punch!

PolAgnostic on September 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

“I’m fairly disengaged from politics right now.”

Yet here you are…

As B More might say “LOLZ!”

Honest question to anybody who knows the street judge: Have you ever seen me here when I’m disengaged from politics?

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I know I’m repeating the obvious, but who the *&$^^#^#@(*& are these 38%?

With an honest mainstream press he’d be in the low 20′s.

forheremenaremen on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Thanks

WisRich on September 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Read it, again.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Which GOP plan?

Chuck Schick on September 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM

The one written by heritage enacted by your last presidential nominee at the state level and championed by Newt Gingrich.

Why do you think you can duck responsibility for it when your fingerprints are everywhere on it?

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Read it, again.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

My link supports exactly what I said. I don’t feel any need to follow the rules WisRich tried to lay out.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

‘The Crusades’ didn’t even begin until more than a millennium after Christ died.

Let me guess, you believe that they were totally unprovoked ‘cuz, like, um, ya know, Muslims didn’t go on a slaughterous rampage of conquest or something. /

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Islam is the greatest continuing crime against humanity the world has ever know.

VorDaj on September 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

“I’m fairly disengaged from politics right now.”

Yet here you are…

As B More might say “LOLZ!”

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Had some downtime between rounds of a game I was playing and decided to look in. *shrug*

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

No. It doesn’t

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Imagine where it would be with a hostile media.

ddrintn on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

VorDaj on September 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

If you really make this a war between the US and Islam we will lose. Nation vs religion is never a good bet. 300 million vs over a billion is not a good bet. Highly industrialized nation with enormous energy consumption vs the people who provide said energy is a damn stupid bet.

Stay away from vegas for your own good.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

You’re saying ObamaCare was exactly what Romney passed?

Chuck Schick on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Uh huh.

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

No. It doesn’t

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Alrighty, you guys have descended into “nyu-uh” arguments. I think I’m good for now.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Quoting the trolls never gets old. Every time you post that I picture Helen Thomas in the movie “Dave,” saying, “Thank you, Mr. President.” Heck. Maybe Ned Peppers is Helen Thomas speaking from the grave.

NebCon on September 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I think I’m good for now.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Doubtful. Face it. You’re a child. Like most leftists.

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Maybe he’s lost some of the Northeast liberals who have big cities that make obvious Islamist terrorist targets and they’ll care less about his condoms for Sandra crusade?

Don L on September 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

That was not even close to a justification. It was a passing comment in which he amends immediately. You actually want to say that’s comparable to what Kerry said, explicitly referencing “Scripture” and “Christianity”. You really are a troll.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Of course you don’t.

WisRich on September 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Shhhh, don’t make it flee. I want to know more about myself.

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

NebCon on September 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

They write themselves. I just saved another one :)

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Hmmm. “Crusade” you say.

Thanks

WisRich on September 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

You do realize that the crusades took place centuries after Christian scripture was finalized, right?

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Er, no. The ‘plan’ was written by one person at Heritage and abandoned years ago.

Romney didn’t write MassCare, which would have been passed even if he had vetoed it.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I, or rather the Lord, beseech you as Christ’s heralds to publish this everywhere and to persuade all people of whatever rank, foot-soldiers and knights, poor and rich, to carry aid promptly to those Christians and to destroy that vile race from the lands of our friends. I say this to those who are present, it is meant also for those who are absent. Moreover, Christ commands it.

RasThavas on September 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

No, she doesn’t.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Shhhh, don’t make it flee. I want to know more about myself.

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

He’s an idiot like Urban. The entire state of California can come crashing down. As long as he doesn’t see the roads in LA from his comfy little enclave, it didn’t happen. You notice this idiot continually calls Romney our “candidate”. Wrong. He was Meredith’s candidate. He was the The Hagfish’s candidate. He was not “our” candidate.

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

‘Good’ evidently means ‘ignorant of history’.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Seems to really dig me though. ; )

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Read it, again.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

No, it doesn’t.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I don’t feel any need to follow the rules WisRich yaedon tried to lay out.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Man this thing practically writes itself!

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

VorDaj on September 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Stay away from vegas for your own good.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Reading comprehension fail. VorDaj specifically typed HUMANITY…not the US.

At least make your unreasoned retorts relevant.

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Weed Welfare!!!

So far, just for those wacky Californians, but watch ThePimp try it nationally as a last resort.

WhirledPeas on September 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Seems to really dig me though. ; )

I think I’m good for now.

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Seems to really dig me though. ; )

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

And don’t think I didn’t notice! I’ll be glad when I can get back to calling you folks Tea Gabbers.

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Reading comprehension fail. VorDaj specifically typed HUMANITY…not the US.

At least make your unreasoned retorts relevant.

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I think I’m good for now.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Man this thing practically writes itself!

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Stay away from vegas for your own good.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Under Obama, U.S. Leads The World In Oil And Gas Production

You’ll note that link is from “Slate”. You might want to call in and get your talking points straight.

thatsafactjack on September 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM

It is our duty to find out who the 38% are and make sure they are Americans, make sure they are sane, make sure they are not dead voters and or dead people on the phone answer machines, and make sure the polling company is calling people in the US only.

Then we do something to help the few sane live Americans which must be say 10% who just do not have their heads in the game.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on September 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM

OK, you Tlalockian dolts. I’mma go get some supper. Maybe Burger Thing. If they aren’t paying $15 an hour to produce soupy shakes and hockey pucks.

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Texas, Oklahoma, Penn. and North Dakoda lead the World in oil production.

Obama voting states not so much.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on September 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Ha pathetic and weak attempt here.

There’s no context. He said “crusade” after talking about the enemy. So I interpreted that to mean he characterized the enemy as going on a “Crusade” as opposed to suggesting America should go on a Crusade.

Without “context” and there wasn’t any… One can fill in their biased details however they see fit here based on their feelings about former President Bush.

Again…That is a rather PATHETIC WEAK example if there ever was one.

Varchild on September 4, 2014 at 6:10 PM

And yet, the GOP called to ask for advice in achieving such high levels of popularity.

besser tot als rot on September 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Jihad existed before modern Israel.

Jihad existed before America.

Jihad existed before even Great Britain.

Former Iraq Soldier

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Nope. This is definitely not the place those who are disengaged from politics go to comment.

Wait, does that mean Tlaloc is lying!?!?!?!? Gasp!

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on September 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I know these people. They are:

1. Not sane.

2. Believe Obama is a religious figure and/or dictator in chief.

3. Believe Republicans are racist Nazis who are hellbent on returning to the Old Testament.

4. Think with their feelings.

5. Have no knowledge of history or current events beyond the surface.

NWConservative on September 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

As far as I’m concerned, the Middle East can gargle with that oil, or bathe in it. The cost of production and distribution there far outweighs the potential profitability of the market. Risk analysis reveals the Middle East as a very poor investment.

ISIS must be eliminated. All those who sympathize or abet ISIS must be eliminated. I don’t really care what peaceful people do in their own nations, so long as they aren’t a threat to people of other nations, and so long as they are confining their behavior to their own nation.

I object most strenuously to those who are committed to violence traveling to other nations to commit that violence, particularly if they are bent on traveling to my own nation, or those of our allies.

If the world must put a ‘no fly’ ‘no travel’ restriction on the every nation in the Middle East that is destabilized until the violence is eliminated, so be it.

thatsafactjack on September 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I know these people. They are:

1. Not sane.

2. Believe Obama is a religious figure and/or dictator in chief.

4. Think with their feelings.

5. Have no knowledge of history or current events beyond the surface.

NWConservative on September 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I submit that numbers 3 through 5 are the most prevalent, though there is ample overlap.

yaedon on September 4, 2014 at 6:17 PM

..one written by heritage enacted by your last presidential nominee at the state level and championed by Newt Gingrich.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014

No, Heritage did not write it.

You’re a child. Get some new toys.

CW on September 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Ha pathetic and weak attempt here.

Again…That is a rather PATHETIC WEAK example if there ever was one.

Varchild on September 4, 2014 at 6:10 PM

No doubt. Tialoc is about 12 and has the mental capacity of a 10 year old.

CW on September 4, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Islam is a violent, oppressive political ideology that demands control of the spiritual domain of life along with everything else. Just because Muslims call it a religion doesn’t mean we have to accept their definition.

Not opposing a violent and oppressive political ideology is stupid if you value liberty.

Islam is not a coherent homogeneous thing; hence why Muslims are slaughtering Muslims in Iraq and Syria right now. If the civilized world consistently opposes Islam — all of it — those fractious groups will not coalesce into a unified force.

Islam is a parasite ideology: It is so inherently destructive that it can only persist by attaching itself somehow to productive societies. The decency and productivity of a society diminishes as the percentage of Muslim citizens increases — until you reach the likes of Somalia. The Arabs didn’t do anything significant to acquire their oil-wealth; it was all done for them, and most of its still is done for them. Islam is thriving today only because the civilized world nourishes it by allowing Muslims to live in civilized countries, by trading with Muslims thus transferring wealth to them, through charity and by training and arming them. If the civilized world stopped supporting the Islamic world, the Islamic world would collapse rapidly and Muslims would be forced to confront the reality that those societies that the Koran teaches them to despise as inferior are, for all of their many faults, greatly superior to Muslim societies in every possible way.

Islam is also an ideology transmitted by fear. If the civilized world stood-up to Islam and stopped mollycoddling it and apologizing for it, we might find that there are many ‘nominal’ Muslims who would find the courage to openly reject an ideology they were born into, but secretly abhor.

It is true that the civilized world depends on Muslim countries for energy, but those Muslim countries depend on the civilized world for more or less everything … raw materials, machinery, gadgets, labour, skills, education weapons and *food*. In a war of attrition fought with determination and consistency, the Islamic world will run out of bullets and starve long before the lights go out in the civilised world.

The problem is not that Islam cannot be beaten, it is that the supposed leaders of the civilised world refuse to see it as a threat, and keep pretending that the violent Islam is just an aberration when, in reality, it is simply being faithful to the teachings of Islam’s lustful, murderous lying founder — the one they call Mohammed. Instead of opposing Islam they cuddle it, encourage it, pay it, and stand-up for it, and think themselves enlightened.

YiZhangZhe on September 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Rasmussen doesn’t hold much credibility anymore. Having Obama at 47% approval and 51% disapproval only means a 4% difference. We all want polls to reflect how we feel, but given the things going on in the world that Obama has directly caused, indirectly, ignored, helped along and refuses to fix, I feel like Gallup is more inline to how Americans feel, not just how I feel. How can Rasmussen be so skewed? I’ve noticed no matter what is going on in the world, Obama stays almost at 50% approval in their average polling. I’ll never trust Rasmussen or any of it’s polls again, especially when the NBC poll is closer to a consensus than Rasmussen. It doesn’t get any lower than the so-called news station called NBC. When you start carrying the dirty water they leaked over the years you know it’s bad.

CommieJuice on September 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Why would an amnesty rally the Democrat base? What’s in it for the feminists, environmentalists, gays, socialists/communists, and other assorted nuts?

Charlemagne on September 4, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It would rally the drones at the bottom of the Collective, simply for contrarian reasons.

Low level drones have been indoctrinated to believe that Republicans are inherently racist, so supporting amnesty gives them the illusion of speaking truth to power by allowing them to slap the face of supposed racists.

The drones at the top of the Collective merely want a permanent government dependent majority.

Star Bird on September 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

; )

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Crap, it left. I had to go and walk the dog. Now it will probably accuse me of that hashtag war on women thingy.

Bmore on September 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Okay. But, you didn’t answer the question; aka “the rules WisRich tried to lay out”.

Buck Farky on September 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Indeed, just more proof that Obama has been centrist, evn center right in governing and hardly the flaming liberal you guys pretend. Every major policy of Bush’s he continued. When the opportunity for health reform came up he pushed the GOP plan from the 90s.

Yet you still call him a liberal (not to mention the incredibly racist photoshops your party sends out in official communications).

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM

So in essence, you’re saying that you support Bush’s policies.

Star Bird on September 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Imagine if the press had been reporting all of his failures instead of cheerleading!

Nethicus on September 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Just because you guys were stupid enough to take up a proposal we briefly considered – and abandoned – doesn’t make your stupidity our fault.

Buck Farky on September 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Your hatred clearly colors your ability to perceive reality so I get why it continues but what on earth started such hatred in you in the first place?

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Drones who embrace an ideology which was developed through the haze of LSD and other mind altering substances by adolescents stumbling out of the piss holes of Woodstock back in the flatulent 1960s, are wholly unqualified to comment on the nature of reality.

Star Bird on September 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Here’s something for you to do:

Copy and paste the Bible into Word and then do a search for the word ‘Crusade’.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

“Crusades” is in the Bible? Man, the things you learn on-line.

307wolverine on September 4, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Stay away from vegas for your own good.

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM

So then you agree that European pagans should have embraced absorption by the Roman Empire? Or that the Mayan Empire should have willingly surrendered to Cortés and happily converted to Christianity?

Star Bird on September 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

In case anyone needed confirmation that even true-believer progressives know Obamacare is an unpopular failure, simply look who they’re trying to tie it to:

The people who had zero input in writing it and who didn’t cast a single solitary vote in support of it.

rogerb on September 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I hope this is the limbo, how low can he go?

Sven on September 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hmmm. “Crusade” you say.

Thanks

WisRich on September 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM

[youtube link]

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

It’s important to understand, that quoting scripture, and merely using the word “crusade,” are two entirely different and separate things.

For instance, the internet is choc full of examples of the use of the word crusade:

Star Bird on September 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Now imagine if the media treated him half as bad as bush. He would be in the teens.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM

He could be caught molesting children in the white house basement and his approval wouldn’t sink too low. there are still a lot of people who are terrified of saying anything negative about a black person.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Obama is about as low as he’ll ever go. Just think about this: Harry Truman bottomed out in the low 20s. I definitely did not agree with all his policies, but he was man enough to nuke Japan, fight the communists, and showed genuine concern about budget deficits. He was a good man and loved America. And yet almost 80% of the people from both sides of the aisle disapproved of his performance. Today, the Democrats would have never brought him down so low. They will approve of almost anything a politician with a “D” after his name does. The only way I see it getting lower is if we face another 9/11 and even then, it’ll never go below 25%.

ReaganWasRight on September 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I’ve posted it before, but these numbers are easy.

12% of our population is black.

17%+ is Hispanic.

(That’s an automatic 29%)

Add in the true believer “the GOP is responsible for Obamacare” leftists which are easily 10% of the population plus the 40% of the population unaware of who the VP is:

to make up any minority/true-believer slack, and 40% is probably a fair guess at his baseline.

I doubt it’s possible for him to go much lower, and I’d wager 37% is the absolute lowest we could ever possibly see him get. Period. Killing and eating puppies on TV period.

rogerb on September 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Yeppers, it appears to be going in that direction…

Breaking: Man Arrested After Beheading Woman In London (UPDATED)

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

These posts are filler without the caveat. It’s been the same for years.

Black Solidarity spots him several points only identity politics can bring. He needs to drop below 35 for their to be legit softening, because that will mean his core is finally giving up.

He’ll bounce back to low 40′s in a week unless one of his big screwups gets visual coverage, like abandoning the Yazidi’s to slavery. That will sour millions of black people.

budfox on September 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM

rogerb on September 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Yep. I do not know why Allah doesn’t talk about how Barry has a hard basement floor that will prove out historically. If this was Clinton, black Dems would have cut him loose two years ago.

budfox on September 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM

budfox on September 4, 2014 at 7:30 PM

You don’t know the half of it. I was on an Obama FB page today. It was mostly black. Every one of them believes he deserves a third term. A good percentage have those phony made-up middle names they’re so fond of. I’d click on several pages. Most were minimum wage or barely above. They would follow him over a cliff. They will never give up their support of him. Sad but we have Lyndon Johnson to thank for their attitudes. And white liberals in general.

Judge_Dredd on September 4, 2014 at 7:38 PM

So..he’ll be back above 40 next week

Redford on September 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Ex-Centcom Leader Blasts Obama’s Iraq Approach

Via Tampa Tribune

For years, Anthony Zinni, a retired Marine General who once ran U.S. Central Command, blistered the administration of George W. Bush for its handling of Iraq.

Now Zinni is teeing up on President Barack Obama’s approach in Iraq, saying he is “worried” by Obama’s cautious approach to the current crisis and the Sunni insurgent group Islamic State.

“My God, we are the most powerful nation in the world,” says Zinni, who was widely reported to have been passed over for the ambassadorship to Iraq in 2009 by Obama. “This is a moment we have to act. How many Americans getting their throats cut on TV can we stand?” a reference to journalists James Foley and Florida native Steven Sotloff, both beheaded by IS.[...]

“Remember the pivot?” Zinni asks facetiously, referring to Obama’s stated desire to shift military focus to Asia. “How the hell is that working out for you? We are mired down in the Middle East. There is a crisis in Ukraine. Our southern border is a problem. It shows a naïveté or not getting the world situation.”

As someone who has spent years dealing with military and government leaders in the Middle East, Zinni says the seeming indecision by Obama is creating problems in the region.

“I still stay in touch with the leadership there,” says Zinni, who was Centcom’s commander headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base from 1997-2000. “They are confused…A theme I’ve heard is that ‘you guys can’t manage things anymore.’”

Resist We Much on September 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM

All I can say about this bumbling, stumbling idiot of a POTUS is…
Don’t be soooo shocked,
Y-O-U
W-E-R-E
W-A-R-N-E-D
!!!!!!!!!!!

Pelosi Schmelosi on September 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Anything higher than 5% illustrates what a sad state of affairs this country is in.

chadlands on September 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Yeah, God really needs mankind to save the world from climate change. He’d be lost without us.

obladioblada on September 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Seriously? These people are the ones who say that they are Catholic, but they believe in a woman’s “right” to kill her baby in the womb.

When you take the plank out of your eye, Kerry, then you can talk to me about the mote in mine.

Theophile on September 5, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Don’t try to pin this on the GOP. This was 100% Democrat. Not a single Republican voted for it. Not a single Republican had any input into it. It was crafted behind closed doors by Democrats and voted on 100% by Democrats before anybody even had a chance to read the bill and this was all done against the will of the American People.

Overall, it is no different than the Chinese People’s Government rolling tanks over the people of China against their will.

Democrats own this monstrosity completely.

Theophile on September 5, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Some cites would be nice, credible and multi-sourced.

Pity you won’t be able to respond…

F-

Del Dolemonte on September 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Tlaloc on September 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Epic Fail.

Bush does use the word “crusade”, but he doesn’t mention Iraq at all.

F-

I will admit, though, Bush speaks much more eloquently without a teleprompter than your Cult Hero O’bama does. You must be so proud of that!

Del Dolemonte on September 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM