The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post

posted at 4:41 pm on September 2, 2014 by Allahpundit

There’s nothing original to say at this point, but that was also true within five minutes after the story broke. Most of the lessons are obvious.

1. It’s an awful, indefensible invasion of privacy. Everyone agrees with this.

2. Even though everyone agrees, many of us will look at the photos anyway, some lasciviously and some (me included) just to see what the online fuss is about. The marginal cost of each extra pair of eyeballs is basically zero once the photos are public, or so we tell ourselves to rationalize our curiosity. But Jessica Valenti is right: Each new viewer contributes, however marginally, to the violation.

3. It couldn’t have happened if the photos didn’t exist. This is the main point of contention in the aftermath: Aren’t you blaming the victims if you note that? I like Tim Carney’s reply:

I’m not sure that analogy is perfect — a better analogy would be protecting your car from theft by not buying a car at all, no? — but you take his point. Blaming the victim would mean believing that Jennifer Lawrence or Kate Upton somehow “had it coming,” or that their willingness to take nude photos should mitigate the hackers’ punishment. No one believes either of those things — I hope. The point here, simply, is that in an age of ubiquitous hacking, the only way to guarantee that nude photos of you don’t wind up online is not to create any. It’s sad that that’s true, but unless you have a plan to keep the world’s amoral computer geniuses from accessing the Internet, it’s a fact of life. And of course, all the finger-wagging this week about blaming the victim notwithstanding, it’s a lesson most celebrities will internalize going forward. The number of nude celebrity selfies taken over the next few weeks or months in Hollywood will be down by a solid 99 percent, I’d bet.

One way to emphasize that the victim is blameless in taking a nude selfie would be to tweak the law so that the more intimate a photo is, the sterner the punishment is for hacking it. Afford extra legal protection for sexual pics — which are the ones hackers want — and you signal that the state will go to extra deterrent lengths to protect your right to take those photos without intrusion. (Have at it, First Amendment lawyers.)

4. Public disgust at privacy violations waxes and wanes depending upon how beloved the target is. Right? I saw more than one comment on Twitter after the photos started circulating to the effect that it’d be hard to imagine a similar uproar if pics of Kim Kardashian had been hacked instead. The public respects Jennifer Lawrence much, much more than it does Kardashian for many reasons — her talent as an actress, her down-to-earth charm in interviews, and the fact that, the occasional magazine photo shoot aside, she doesn’t cultivate a hyper-sexual image. Sonny Bunch is right that there’s an impulse in American life to dehumanize celebrities, but that’s partly because many of them lend themselves to easy dehumanization. Lawrence doesn’t so the violation feels more acute. But if we’re being serious about privacy for the sake of privacy, we should be just as outraged at a Kardashian hack. If someone takes a photo they don’t want you to see, no matter how low your opinion of that someone, you have no right to see it — or rather, you shouldn’t. Reality, as usual, is more complicated.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

You are a low-class piece of work, who refuses to take responsibility for her own abusive words & actions. Grow up.

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I know you are, but what am I.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM

You’ve attacked anyone that’s been critical of the security measures (without also being critical of the viewers) as victim-blaming.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I wouldn’t even bother with it anymore. It/he/she twists words, and then when you call out how they twist the situation; they allege you are.

It really is a self-righteous POS who when called out on its own hypocrisy; goes back into full attack mode while bi+ching about the other side’s attack. “It” truly reminds me of the left touting how tolerant it is while being intolerant.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I know you are, but what am I.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM

When I make up straw men about other people, and then call them idiots over it like you do, you would have a semi-coherent point. But that’s not the case with me, is it? Enjoy your denial and abusiveness. :)

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

But that’s not the case with me, is it? Enjoy your denial and abusiveness. :)

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Go back and read your own posts. Pot meet Kettle, people in glass houses shouldn’t thrown stones etc.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Since you were the one who made up a straw man about me in the first place, I can see you’re not smart enough to understand how you are arguing with yourself here, not me.

Until you take full responsibility for your misrepresentation of me, I’ll rightfully consider you to be an abusive person, idiot.

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Ahh so its A-OK to be abusive and bi+ch about it if you feel you have been abused. Guess what? My original proclamation of your idiocy was spot on.

Ignore my posts. I will be ignoring your silly, self-righteous azz.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Ignore my posts. I will be ignoring your silly, self-righteous azz.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM

So, my throwing of your abusive misrepresentation of me back onto you, right where it belongs, should be considered of evidence of abuse & idiocy on my part? LOL

You are a sick, sick person – no wonder you have acted so stupidly toward me, Ms. Entitlement Mentality.

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I know you are, but what am I.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM

PeeWee, right?

Bmore on September 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

You’ve done that throughout these threads which is exactly why melle has proved her point.

Also, you claim that any inference that isn’t an exact quote of you is a strawman. LOL!

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I know you are, but what am I.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM

LOL! That was my exact reaction when I read her comment, too. She’s blind to her own hypocrisy.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:23 PM

PeeWee, right?

Bmore on September 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

You got it! :)

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:23 PM

It was either that or I’m rubber, you’re glue.. And rasberrying my computer screen.. he he

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Show me the threads where HotAir readers called Weiner stupid for accidentally posting these photos and I will condemn them.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Not all photos were accidentally posted by Wiener. Many were leaked.

But, sure, let’s start. Let me know how many links you need.

First link.

OK, now start condemning everyone that called Wiener stupid for having pictures of himself leaked to the internet. I’m waiting.

But they didn’t, of course.

LOL! LOL! LOL! Of course nobody on Hot Air said that Wiener was stupid for his handling of his sensitive photos. /sarc

Congratulations on winning dumbest comment of the day on Hot Air! Hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM

How about a threat where HotAir bloggers called Wiener stupid? Is that good enough for you?

Here’s Allahpundit wondering how stupid Wiener really is. His premise is that Wiener was stupid enough to release his own photo, but is he even more stupid in that he would release sensitive government information via Twitter.

Start condemning Allahpundit for calling Wiener stupid, hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Why would I say anything? The majority of people already know that taking advantage of a bad situation is wrong. You want me to reiterate what is already a societal no-no? Mmkay, men you shouldn’t look at stolen nude photos. (That’s about as effective as outlawing Playboy).

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM

So you do think that men will be men and it’s useless to tell them to behave decently, because it will have no effect. So where was I wrong when I told you that this is your attitude?

It has nothing to do with Playboy, but that’s another story again.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Start condemning Allahpundit for calling Wiener stupid, hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM

How about you learn to spell his name correctly?

Weiner made photos of his junk and sent them to women he didn’t know. One day he got caught because he accidentally published one of these photos. He didn’t care for his privacy in the first place, because he sent photos of his penis to women he did not know. That’s stupid.

If Jennifer Lawrence had done anything similar I would call her very, very stupid. But she didn’t. She just made the photos.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM

It has nothing to do with Playboy, but that’s another story again.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM

It’s obvious to thinking people that we’ve been right about this gaggle of temperamental children all along – their hypersensitivity to accurate criticism of them proves it.

What it comes down to is that they are resisting growing up, and are lashing out at those who point out their gross immaturity & inability/refusal to assign proper blame. Watch their reaction to this post for proof of what I’m saying. :)

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Start condemning Allahpundit for calling Wiener stupid, hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I have to repost that because I used a “bad” word.

Weiner made photos of his privates and sent them to women he didn’t know. He didn’t care for his privacy in the first place, because he sent pictures of his p**** to women he didn’t know. That is stupid.

If Jennifer Lawrence had done anything similar I would call her recklessly stupid and that she shouldn’t be surprised about the consequences. But she didn’t. She just made the photos for her private use.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Why is it a necessity like owning a car or having a front door that doesn’t require hours to enter that I upload nekkid picture of myself?

gekkobear on September 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM

It isn’t necessary that you lock your door. And it’s not necessary to own a car. And it isn’t necessary to upload nekkid [sic] pictures of yourself. But I submit that if any of the aforementioned are burgled or stolen, you have the same cause of action in each case.

unclesmrgol on September 3, 2014 at 2:22 AM

I’m not arguing there isn’t a legal case here, or this isn’t theft, or there aren’t legal matters that can be pursued.

I’m not even arguing they “should have known better” or “deserved this” or any such nonsense. I won’t cry when the hackers involved are prosecuted for their hacking.

All I’m saying is that, in comparison of requirements for a day-to-day life… owning a car or a door that locks without difficulty seem more valuable and important than being able to safely upload nudies to a hopefully secure place on the web.

Yes you should be able to do this safely without bad things happening; but in a perfect world there are a lot of things I could do that I don’t do for safety reasons… this is one of them.

Anything I have “in the cloud” or even just connected to a wireless network is something I can accept someone else will see/have and may become entirely public.

Video game saves? Sure. I have game files/notes/etc in the cloud.

Tax documents? Nope, not a chance.
Those don’t get onto my yahoo/hotmail/gmail accounts either as it’s the same thing.

Now it’d be “nice” to have those documents “in the cloud” so if my computer (and backup harddrive and printed copies) were all damaged/lost I’d still have them… but it’s not secure enough for me to consider safe storage for them.

gekkobear on September 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Weiner made photos of his privates and sent them to women he didn’t know., He didn’t care for his privacy in the first place because he sent pictures of his p**** to women he didn’t know. That is stupid.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I have never witnessed such an example of hypocrisy on Hot Air. You’re completely f’ing retarded.

You claim that Wiener didn’t even care about his privacy because he didn’t take the level of precautions that YOU think he should have.

What if other people said the exact same thing about these women – that they didn’t care about their privacy because they didn’t take enough precautions???? You’d be screeching louder than anyone on here.

If you had any intelligence at all, then you’d be criticizing Allahpundit for saying that Wiene mr was stupid while ignoring all the sickos that viewed his pictures.

Hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Scratch that. Your hypocrisy is even worse. YOU are saying that Wiener was stupid because he didn’t take precautions that YOU have decided are adequate enough. YOU want to be the sole decider in what is a stupid level of precaution to take with pictures that you don’t want the world to see. Only YOU can decide what isn’t a stupid level of precaution to take.

There are no worlds to describe what a stupid hypocrite you are.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM

No, you stupid moron. She’s saying that condemning men’s behavior can be completely separate from evaluations of adequate security:safety precautions.

You must just be trolling now. Nobody is this stupid.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

It has nothing to do with Playboy, but that’s another story again.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Let me clarity and then I am done with your idiocy. You an anti see a quote, and then make a jump in assumptions based on your own biases.

So no you fvckwit and your sidekick, I don’t think that. I tell the men I can control i.e., my son and to a lesser extent my husband to behave decently. That is also why this whole thread I have used the LESSON of this incident by talking about my daughter. I can’t change Kate Upton, but I can change my daughter’s future by using Kate Upton as a cautionary tale. Me making a anonymous pronouncement on an anonymous board to a bunch of anonymous men is a waste of my time. It is akin to making playboy illegal and thinking that men are not ever going to secretly look at naked pictures. Capisce?

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM

You must just be trolling now. Nobody is this stupid.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Exactly… Her and Anti are deliberately distorting and putting their own $hit on other people just to pick a fight. I, frankly am done with both of them.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM

You sure exert a lot of effort trying to protect your delusional bubble from objective reality. Take responsibility for your sins, both against yourself and others, & grow up already, Ms. Entitlement Mentality.

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 7:39 PM

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM

So it should be a lesson to both of them. To your daughter not to be careless and to your son not to act like a jerk just because it’s legal.

That’s exactly my point of view, too.

Ed Morrissey said it much better than I did.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

That’s exactly my point of view, too.

Ed Morrissey said it much better than I did.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Yes, I agree with that, although my son “behaving” decently has been instilled in him since he was born.

My daughter is a little young for the lesson, but my son is 15. We have talked about this in depth- just like I did with the Steubenville rape case. I use these incidents as a learning experience for my children. I know that my son will never victimize a woman, because I have raised him that way. This lesson will just reinforce that.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM

No, I only wanted you to say what you just did in another post. Both sexes are responsible for decent behavior, not just women.

And here we are – after 5 pages of “azz” and “fvckwit” and whatnot I got you to say it. So, thank you.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM

I just knew that, because you are one of the most decent posters here on HotAir, in my completely humble opinion. I think that’s why I picked the “fight” with you and not with commenters like Stoic Patriot. I don’t care what he says. And I apologize for being such a nag.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I never disagreed with that. This incident is about women, so I made the lesson about girls. As I have said before if someone is going to participate in immoral behavior; stating that the behavior is immoral will do nothing. So the only thing we can do is protect ourselves, hence the whole start of my thread: don’t take unnecessary risks to keep yourself from become victimized. Just because I want someone to be proactive in protecting themselves DOES NOT and HAS NEVER taken the onus or the blame off of the actual victimizer. I believe I have said that repeatedly. Me and others on this thread have repeatedly said that being proactive to protect yourself, and thinking that the hackers and the lookers are degenerates are NOT competing thoughts; they are complimentary.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM

No problem. I am sorry for my potty mouth and the insults. I tend to ramble on. I really take it offensively when someone takes my words out of context. I guess I forget that this is an anonymous board, and when I say something; people can’t take how I ACTUALLY live my life into account. :) Have a good night.

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM

melle1228 on September 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM

A good night to you, too!

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Please don’t apologize for that – you’ve been nothing of the sort. This world could use more people like you. :)

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 7:39 PM

You’re a disgusting example of a Christian.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM

That’s exactly my point of view, too.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

No. You’re screeching about anyone that only does one of these two things.

Hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM

She said that same thing two days ago, Idiot. If you and Anti-Control hadn’t been so busy waging your irrational war on everyone, then you would have known that.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

And I apologize for being such a nag.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 7:54 PM

When are you going to apologize for being such a hypocrite?

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Neither did I call him stupid

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

First, admit that you’re called Wiener stupid three hours after you claimed that you weren’t calling Wiener stupid.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Ah well, my husband calls me a pit bull :-) But thank you very much for your kind words! I really appreciate your tenacity, too.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

So, you talked about the stupidity of the women ad nauseam, but you thought about the men, too. That’s what you did. You didn’t mention it, but you thought about it. Every time you wrote a post about the stupidity of the women you thought about the men, too. Like, totally.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Four hours later…

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

So, you condemn GWB because he called the women stupid, but didn’t make it obvious that he was thinking about the people that viewed the pictures that were intended to be private.

Then, four hours later…

You call Wiener stupid without saying a word about the people that viewed the pictures that were intended to be private.

Hypocrite.

Your lame excuse about Wiener not being careful enough is the same claim being made by everyone that you’re criticizing. You’re far too stupid to see that.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM

And Anti-Control is a huge hypocrite for not criticizing you for this. If she really cared about these type of victims and if she really thought viewers should be condemned, then she’d agree that the only difference between Wiener and one of these celebrities is the level of precaution taken.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Okay, I didn’t call him stupid a few years ago, but I call him stupid now. Now that you made me think about it, I have to admit it.

Yes, sending pictures of your youknowwhat to people who you don’t know and who didn’t ask for them is stupid and even sociopathic.

It was stupid. He humiliated his wife, the other women and himself. That he ended up sending the photos to the entire world is just the icing on the cake.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I call him stupid now. Now that you made me think about it, I have to admit it.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM

So, you call him stupid, yet don’t mention ONE word of condemnation of the people that viewed the pictures that he intended to keep private.

Hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I call him stupid now. Now that you made me think about it, I have to admit it.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM

And you’re calling him stupid simply because he wasn’t as careful with the pictures as YOU think he should have been.

Congratulations. Your comment is exactly what you’ve been condemning for 2 days. You are a textbook hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I call him stupid now. Now that you made me think about it, I have to admit it.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Anti-Control, this is your cue to condemn Gelsomina. She’s blaming Wiener for the fact that millions of people were viewing his pictures. She’s blaming the victim.

Go get her!!!!!

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Ah well, my husband calls me a pit bull :-)

I like it! :)

My ex-wife, with whom I get along with perfectly now, affectionately called/calls me a “pistol.”

But thank you very much for your kind words!

You are very welcome.

I really appreciate your tenacity, too.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Thank you.

As Thomas Jefferson wisely said, “Weakness provokes insult & injury, while a condition to punish it often prevents it,” and, “I think it to our interest to punish the first insult; because an insult unpunished is the parent of many others.”

I have learned from dealing with abusive situations that if you don’t push back against aggressors with an equal and opposite force, they will continue to abuse – they are self-righteous and selfish, and can’t help themselves.

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM

He himself sent the pictures to complete strangers. He never intended to keep them private. And I have a feeling that if it hadn’t ended his political career it would have kind of satisfied him to know that everybody now saw the pictures of his ppppp. That’s how sociopaths tick.

But if you want to call me a hypocrite because I think that he can’t seriously demand privacy after he himself sent the pictures to complete strangers, okay, call me a hypocrite.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Obama should heed that advice regarding ISIL(S) or whatever we are told to call them now. But it’s too late for that, I fear.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Mr. Leads from Behind is a cornucopia of psychological disorders – he really can’t get anything right, can he?

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Being an out of control narcissist is the most important of them. That’s what got the world into trouble.

But I have to go and make dinner now :-) Have a very good night, Anti-Control!

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM

He himself sent the pictures to complete strangers.

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM

No, stupid. They weren’t complete strangers. He had an online relationship with her.

But are you now claiming that the recipient of the information is a material consideration? Do you know all the recipients in the Reddit case?

He never intended to keep them private.

Why do I need to keep proving you wrong about the same thing over and over. He most certainly meant to limit the distribution of the pictures to his intended recipients. That’s the exact same story many of these women have. They took them and only sent it to select individuals.

It’s the same thing, stupid.

okay, call me a hypocrite.

It’s seems as if you’re starting to realize that I’m right.

HYPOCRITE

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Go get her!!!!!

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Anti-Control fails to be consistent here. He’s a hypocrite, too.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I might agree. But, he lives in fantasy world beyond his narcissistic one as well. I tend to think that’s an even bigger problem for us.

But I have to go and make dinner now :-) Have a very good night, Anti-Control!

Gelsomina on September 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Thank you, you too. I hope your dinner was nice. :)

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Anti-Control fails to be consistent here. He’s a hypocrite, too.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Bored, and looking for a fight? lol

How predictable, juvenile, and pathetic of you – your smugness, perpetually abusive behavior, and impenetrable stupidity has beclowned you onto my “I barely hear or see him” list. :)

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Why not just use the lack of a model’s release form to sue every web site that publish(ed) the photos for millions? Can Jennifer Lawrence not reasonably argue that her image is her property without a release, and using it to increase your web hits without authority is a violation? From that, compensation enough to shut down and impoverish the publishers should follow.

Of course, it cannot be applied in countries that don’t really respect property laws, so it would probably just force out western web sites. Those hosted in the east would just continue raking in the money from the advertising.

Wino on September 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Bored, and looking for a fight?

Anti-ControI on September 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Nope. Just speaking the truth, Hypocrite.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Wino on September 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Unfortunately, the Internet is too much of a Wild West to wrestle control of, or dollars from, everyone that will be “sharing” these pictures. Cease and desist letters will simply get tossed, and most “publishers” will be judgment proof (meaning that they probably don’t have any money anyway).

What angers me more than anything about these situations is that those pictures will be out there forever without any control over them. I feel equally bad for people that have lies or smear campaigns being spread about them over the internet, too.

This is why everyone needs to be incredibly careful these days. In my opinion, credit card information is nothing compared to other types of private information. But for some reason, far too many younger people don’t seem to have a healthy concern about the internet’s privacy.

And trying to use situations like this to demonstrate that such healthy concern is necessary these days are thwarted by idiots like Anti-ControI and Gelsomina that hypocritically attack the messenger of healthy concern. It truly is sad.

corkie on September 3, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Dammit. My popcorn bucket is out of popcorn.

Enjoy the night.

Kokonut on September 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Dammit. My popcorn bucket is out of popcorn.

Right before I read this, I got done eating a batch! And imagine, the retarded, looking-for-a-fight, reading-comprehension failure corkie, who actually bumped one of his own posts in a laughable & pathetic attempt to get my attention, played no role in my decision to make the popcorn. :)

Enjoy the night.

Kokonut on September 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM

You too.

Anti-ControI on September 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Anti-ControI on September 4, 2014 at 12:04 AM

You and Irene need to admit your hypocrisy. You’ve both been exposed.

corkie on September 4, 2014 at 12:28 AM

There enough laws against this type of stuff. That guy that hacked mila kuru is and scarlet j phones. Got ten years in jail.

gwhh on September 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM