Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone
posted at 7:01 pm on August 30, 2014 by Jazz Shaw
If CBS thought that Sharyl Attkisson was a thorn in their side when she worked there, they should have known that things would only get worse when she was out on the loose. Her recent report for Sinclair TV was picked up on ABC’s Project Immigration series, and she’s highlighting some important questions which are not being answered.
– Since the border crisis began, three military facilities housing more than 7,700 unaccompanied, illegal immigrant children have been close.
– Where were they sent? The government isn’t providing answers to citizens, to reporters, or even to Congress.
– Of the ones that we can track down, the largest numbers seem to be going to Texas, New York, Maryland and Virginia.
– She talks to Dan Stein of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) about the lack of transparency.
– Without access to the information about where these children (for those who actually are children) are going, how will citizens be able to gauge the impact on local school and medical resources?
One of the only answers offered by the Obama administration is that privacy and safety concerns for the children make it necessary to protect their location. It’s true that we don’t reveal information about children in cases of sexual abuse or some other classes of victims of crime, but it’s difficult to see where the privacy and safety concern lies here. And doesn’t the wider interest of the public where these children are placed carry the same or greater weight?
The video follows. Enjoy. (Note: the player has tended to stutter a bit at the beginning, but works fine after that.)
Breaking on Hot Air