Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on August 30, 2014 by Allahpundit

In a polarized region and a complicated world, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria presents a unifying threat to a broad array of countries, including the United States. What’s needed to confront its nihilistic vision and genocidal agenda is a global coalition using political, humanitarian, economic, law enforcement and intelligence tools to support military force…

The United States will hold the presidency of the United Nations Security Council in September, and we will use that opportunity to continue to build a broad coalition and highlight the danger posed by foreign terrorist fighters, including those who have joined ISIS. During the General Assembly session, President Obama will lead a summit meeting of the Security Council to put forward a plan to deal with this collective threat.

In this battle, there is a role for almost every country. Some will provide military assistance, direct and indirect. Some will provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance for the millions who have been displaced and victimized across the region. Others will help restore not just shattered economies but broken trust among neighbors. This effort is underway in Iraq, where other countries have joined us in providing humanitarian aid, military assistance and support for an inclusive government.

***

“This is a really very different phenomenon,” said Bruce Hoffman, a professor at Georgetown University specializing in terrorism issues. “It has the kinetic power, the recruiting power, and the finances that, unchecked, are just going to continue to grow.”

With an eye toward the alarming implications, U.S. intelligence officials said they are assessing the group’s vulnerabilities and how to exploit them.

Those vulnerabilities include their self-financing. The Islamic State runs a self-sustaining economy that relies on income from oil piracy and extortion, according to Arab and Western officials. But its financial stability as a de facto state could come under strain as the group has to pay salaries to its growing militant ranks and administer the cities it has overtaken, intelligence officials said.

The group also relies on extortion among the population in its territory, governing through fear. Such tactics could alienate the group’s local Sunni allies.

***

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq, unless there is “rapid” action.

“If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month,” he said in remarks quoted on Saturday by Asharq al-Awsat daily and Saudi-backed Al-Arabiya television station.

“Terrorism knows no border and its danger could affect several countries outside the Middle East,” said the king who was speaking at a welcoming ceremony on Friday for new ambassadors, including a new envoy from Saudi ally the United States.

***

Such a plan would seek to strengthen partners who are already resisting ISIS: the Kurdish pesh merga, Sunni tribes, moderate forces in Syria, and effective units of Iraq’s security forces. Our partners are the boots on the ground, and the United States should provide them directly with arms, intelligence and other military assistance. This does not, however, mean supporting Iranian military forces, whose presence only exacerbates sectarian tensions that empower ISIS.

We should embed additional United States special forces and advisers with our partners on the ground — not to engage in combat, but to help our partners fight ISIS and direct airstrikes against it. Regional allies should play a key role in this effort. No one is advocating unilateral invasion, occupation or nation-building. This should be more like Afghanistan in 2001, where limited numbers of advisers helped local forces, with airstrikes and military aid, to rout an extremist army.

Still, we must face facts: A comprehensive strategy to defeat ISIS would require more troops, assets, resources and time. Such an undertaking should involve Congress. We have consistently advocated revising the Authorization for Use of Military Force that has provided congressional backing for counterterrorism operations since September 2001. Now could be the right time to update this authorization in light of evolving terrorist threats like ISIS. If Mr. Obama provides a coherent strategy and determined leadership, he could win Congress’s support.

***

Military pressure will limit ISIS’s ability to plan and train fighters. It destroys equipment and kills fighters. Most importantly, it will remove their ability to set the terms of the conflict, because they’d be playing defense rather than offense. [They depend on their] mobility and ability to generate tactical surprise. So if you limit ISIS’s ability to plan and carry out campaigns, that’s a major blow to them…

What I worry about is the presumption that doing this kind of damage is the same as destroying ISIS. We had 150,000 U.S. troops in Iraq during the surge, ISIS’s predecessor was far weaker at that time than ISIS is now, and we still didn’t manage to destroy them. You can do a lot of damage – putting an organization like this on its back foot means a lot in terms of their ability to project power, and we can take the pressure off other groups in the region that are fighting them – but that is a far cry from destroying it. People misunderstood our successes in 2008 as a total defeat, and it was not. If our goal is ISIS’s annihilation, that is a much different undertaking than a goal to merely contain ISIS and limit the damage they can do in the short run.

***

The problems of applying a social justice framework to international crisis are not unlike applying a cold war formulation to, say, welfare reform. It just doesn’t work. After the horror of James Foley’s murder, President Obama said of ISIS: “People like this ultimately fail. They fail because the future is won by those who build and not destroy.”

A nice turn of phrase, but is it remotely accurate? Don’t maniacal movements like ISIS end only when good people rise up with the willingness to die to stop them? The President frequently touts his international culture background as proof of his understanding of other cultures. “I say this as the son of a Kenyan whose grandfather was a cook for the British, and as a person who once lived in Indonesia as it emerged from colonialism,” he said in Brussels when addressing the Russia-Ukrainian crisis. But it seems incredibly naïve and American-centric not to grasp that the Islamic fanatics of ISIS are very much about building—building a new world in their vision.

Most troubling, when America and the world are crying out for action and leadership, this homily is a call for inaction cloaked in moral smugness. If ISIS will “ultimately fail,” why the need to do anything? At best, it is what Jonah Goldberg deftly paraphrases as, ““You’re going to lose eventually, so why don’t you give up now.”…

Hillary Clinton correctly observed that “Don’t do stupid stuff is not an organizing principle” for a great nation. Neither is “people like this ultimately fail” a moral framework to prosecute a war against those who seek to destroy our values.

***

While ripping Obama for having no Islamic State strategy, Republicans are now reviving the inane strategy of supporting the illusory “moderate Syrian opposition.” Those would be the same forces they wanted to support against Assad. The only problem was that there aren’t enough real moderates in Syria to mount a meaningful challenge to the regime. The backbone of the opposition to Assad has always been the Muslim Brotherhood, and the most effective fighters against the regime have always been the jihadists. So we’re back to where we started from: Let’s pretend that there is a viable, moderate, democratic Syrian opposition and that we have sufficient intelligence — in a place where we have sparse intelligence — to vet them so we arm only the good guys; and then let’s arm them, knowing that they have seamlessly allied for years with the anti-American terrorists we are delegating them to fight on our behalf. Perfect.

There is no excuse for a president of the United States to have no strategy against an obvious threat to the United States. But at least with Obama, it is understandable. He is hemmed in by his own ideology and demagoguery. The main challenge in the Middle East is not the Islamic State; it is the fact that the Islamic State and its al-Qaeda forebears have been fueled by Iran, which supports both Sunni and Shiite terrorism as long as it is directed at the United States. There cannot be a coherent strategy against Islamic supremacism unless the state sponsors of terrorism are accounted for, but Obama insists on seeing Iran as a potential ally rather than an incorrigible enemy.

Moreover, the combined jihadist threat is not a regional one merely seeking to capture territory in the Middle East; it is a global one that regards the United States as its primary enemy and that can be defeated only by America and its real allies. This is not a problem we can delegate to the basket-case governments of Iraq and Afghanistan, or to the “moderate” Syrian “rebels.” Yet the Obama Left’s relentless indictment of American self-defensive action in the Middle East has sapped the domestic political support necessary for vigorous military action against our enemies — action that will eventually have to include aggressive American combat operations on the ground.

***

Obama’s “we-don’t-have-a-strategy” gaffe was so egregious as to distract attention from the fact that he does indeed have a strategy, which has blown up in his face. His strategy is accommodation with Iran at all costs. As I wrote earlier this month, our ISIS problem derives from our Iran problem: Bashar Assad’s ethnic cleansing, which has displaced 4 million Syrians internally and driven 3 million out of the country, was possible because of Iranian backing. The refugee flood in Iraq and Syria gives ISIS an unlimited pool of recruits. Iraqi Sunni support for ISIS, including the participation of some of Saddam Hussein’s best officers, is a response to Iran’s de facto takeover of Iraq…

It may be entirely academic to argue that America should bomb not only ISIS, but also Iran’s nuclear facilities and the bases of its Revolutionary Guards. No Republican candidate I know is willing to argue this in advance of elections. Nonetheless, I repeat what I wrote Aug. 12: “The region’s security will hinge on the ultimate reckoning with Iran.”

On Canada’s Sun TV earlier today, commentator Ezra Levant asked me what Obama will do now. My guess is: very little. The reported Egyptian-UAE attack on Libyan Islamists is a harbinger of the future. Other countries in the region will take matters into their own hands in despair at American paralysis. Russia and China will play much bigger roles. And the new Thirty Year War will grind on indefinitely.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

I’d make it a warm on so you would stay cooler lon…

Oh, THAT cold shower… o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Bah, now I know why Chrysler named a car after you. PT Cruiser. Chuckle!

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Oh, COL !!
Prayers, for sure !!
Argh !

pambi on August 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM

pambi on August 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Copied and saved. Thanks for sharing!

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Oh, brother! My typing BITES tonight! o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Sorry, I don’t notice anything different from any other night.

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM

pambi on August 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Abolutely DELISH sauce recipe you got there, Pambi! I was putting on weight just thinking about it!

Not the sauce–that’s awesome enough–but the stuff I could put UNDER it!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Nice to see you!

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Yo, DOC! I have a question…it’s farfetched in nature, but still a question…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM

OK, shoot…

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Sorry, I don’t notice anything different from any other night.
cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Well, that’s a comfort…must just be me, being paranoid and overcritical of my capabilities and perceived shortcomings.

Thank you, Cozmo!

*smoooooch!*

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Prayers ascending for COL!

OmahaConservative on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

OK, shoot…
Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

That area COL was mentioning…what if that were some kind of hernia? Would it be possible?

I’ve known people with hiatal and inguinal hernias, but they never complained about pain with those, though…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Roni,

Did COL tell you what her compliant is healthwise?

OmahaConservative on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Copied and saved. Thanks for sharing!

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Good luck on the phone interview. Wish I could offer more than good luck, but I do mean good luck.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Are you sorry we know you are a real doctor?

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

No … I’m not trying to “upstage” Canap’.Canop’

Oops . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on August 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Not the sauce–that’s awesome enough–but the stuff I could put UNDER it!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:26 PM

If only I could type what crossed my mind.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM

No … I’m not trying to “upstage” Canap’.
listens2glenn on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

You’re not, L2G… ;-)

More finely-tuned (ie knowledgeable) legal minds than mine might think differently (and I’m happy to be corrected by those Reputable, Legitimate and Trusted Legal Minds, but I don’t recall anything in Roe v Wade that forbade the individual states from putting limitations on abortions done within their borders. If I’m not mistaken, the states, through some spurious pseudo-legal reasoning by SCOTUS, do not have the *ahem!* right to outright forbid abortions within their borders.

Funny, isn’t it–the lefties are all up in arms over states regulating the SAFETY for the patients of abortions and the cleanliness of the facilities…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Thanks HL. It means a lot.

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Maybe–I just don’t have enough info to give even a guess.

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

He should have said he was just a gunslinger. He’s have had more fun. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I don’t know enough about what COL is going through, only read spots of it, but it could be pancreatitis too.

Diluculo on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

A lefty cashier at work keeps talking about how she wants to move back to Wisconsin because Lubbockites are rude and ‘racist’.
I pointed out to her that spouting leftist buzzwords proved that she really had nothing legitimate to say.
I also pointed out that since I had grown up Jewish and conservative in NoI territory I really HAD experienced racism.

She shot back that there was no way that someone like me could every experience racism. By someone like me-she meant someone who’s ‘white’. She’s Hispanic.
There were already 3 blacks that weren’t speaking to me because they overheard me refer to our charming, highly-esteemed first lady as a Star wars character.
Now I can throw in 2 ‘Hispanics’.
Group think is the in thing I guess. loL

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Prayers ascending for COL!

OmahaConservative on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I don’t pray, but for COL I just might.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

If only I could type what crossed my mind.
HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM

You COULD, but you refrain because you don’t want to injure Cozmo and Sponge Puppy’s fragile sensibilities…and, besides, you’re a Gentleman… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Hi Jackie!

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I’ll say, he and Paladin both.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

You’ve never cut a deal in a hospital waiting room?

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Are you sorry we know you are a real doctor?

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

No, not you guys.

But when I was in a small farming town in a certain Midwestern town where I used to work, I had to go to the Wal-Mart in the wee a.m. hours wearing my cammo so I wouldn’t get pimped with questions in the bread aisle. :)
It’s rather disconcerting to have someone come up to you and start talking about their new rash in unmentionable areas while you are grocery shopping.
So I dressed up like any guy going hunting…

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Maybe–I just don’t have enough info to give even a guess.
Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Well, that’s a start. We’ll know better when she gets home and can tell us what the doctors found out.

Thank you, Doc! You’re a Peach! I don’t care what CL says about you… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM

lol! Paladin has a blast. :) He was in great form today. Sometimes I think he may be having too much fun. ;)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Aren’t you worried about talking politics at work?

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I don’t pray, but for COL I just might.
HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

You’re on your knees now…God is listening, HL.

We know how you are… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Those Wisconsin Hispanics–they’re like that.

Wait, did I just type “Wisconsin Hispanic”–what the heck is that?

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Good evening, my charming and handsome friend. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

So I dressed up like any guy going hunting…
Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

You’re a Smart Man, Doc… :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

If doc is getting tired answering your questions you can ask me and I’ll ask Sparkie to provide all your medical answers.

He has a magic 8 ball so don’t worry.

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Thank you, Doc! You’re a Peach! I don’t care what CL says about you… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

She’s just trying to mask her crush…:)

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

OK, shoot…

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Don’t shoot! Hands up!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

No, your spelling and grammar is atrocious every night.

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I proctor the USMLE Steps, the pictures on that test are horrifying. All of the ladies I work with are in their sixties we try to talk all of them into going into geriatrics.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

No … I’m not trying to “upstage” Canap’. … Canop’

Oops . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on August 30, 2014 at 9:31 PM

L2G: Only if you can top dis one:)

canopfor on August 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Not reading the posts at all anymore, huh?

Allahpundit on August 28, 2014 at 4:08 PM

canopfor on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

[sends out a round of Whatchudrinkin's and a Whatheshavin' for Alien's Little Friend...usual caveats apply (we KNOW y'all are lurking out there)...enters under "House Call and Prayer Meeting"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I’ll be hanging out with Twerp in the peanut gallery making funny animal noises.

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

It was in the associate room. I talk politics all the time. I also pin political buttons to my knapsack-and more than a few associates know that I’m very leery of the local muzzies(Though I give ALL my customers the same great service). I usually only ‘chat’ about politics w/ known conservatives.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Verified !!
You be smart dood !!
:-)

pambi on August 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Good evening, my charming and handsome friend. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

We should just go over to the bar and flirt.

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

I’ve Seen All Good People

oscarwilde on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Funny. Spark used to spell it with a ‘y’. Of course, that was before he became the iSpark. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

She’s just trying to mask her crush…:)
Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Aren’t we all! :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Well someone has to.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM
When is the next miscreant meeting and will you be wearing your daisey dukes?

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Heh. Those pictures are useful for scaring your teenagers into keeping their pants on when they start dating. :)

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Couldn’t we just go for a stroll in the moonlight and look at the stars together?

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

She was born in Lubbock but spent 30 years in Wisc. She wants to move to Madison.
I informed her that Madison would be the perfect spot for her.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

and, besides, you’re a Gentleman… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

No I am not. True story. Came home with a friend from drinking and a full two days of strip clubbing and said hello to the wife at the time and noticed a young chick who was over. After the friend and I powdered our noses I went to check out the young chick. First words out of me mouth were “nice tits”. She was there yapping with the wife about her divorce and told the wife I was a pig. Yep, few years later we have been married for 22+ years. Gentleman….not so much.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I hate the middle man thing.

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Why not send them into Pediatrics? All that experience must surely come in handy!

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I’ll bet.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I begin to like you, SpongyOne. And I saw fear in the Kling-on’s eye.

Judge_Dredd on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I’ll grab a nice red if you grab some glasses.

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Roni,

Did COL tell you what her compliant is healthwise?

OmahaConservative on August 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hi and {{{hugs}}} OC,
No, she didn’t mention any complaints. E-mail came out of the blue with just those two sentences. Think she sent it at the last minute…just before going out the door. Didn’t receive any e’s prior to that about health either.

31giddyup on August 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Well the SpongePuppy clan often fueds with the Sparky clan over rights to piker gulch. So I misspell his name to get even

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:41 and Newtie and the Beauty

Don’t think I am not chuckling over on my side of the monitor LOL.

CoffeeLover on August 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

When is the next miscreant meeting and will you be wearing your daisey dukes?
SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

How about Monday night for Miscreants Anonymous?

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

We’re just teasing them, it cuts down on the test anxiety. Although I must say every once in a while you get one that you hope goes into research. Apparently personal interaction is a gift and not a class.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Sorry, that’s the night we have our grammar nazi meeting.

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I’ll grab a nice red if you grab some glasses.
KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

[slides Ken and Jackie a bottle of Whatchuwillbedrinkin' and matching glasses...enters under "Mutual Admiration Society"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

O T :

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Tough new Texas abortion restrictions are on hold after a federal judge found Republican-led efforts to hold abortion clinics to hospital-level operating standards unconstitutional in a ruling that spares more than a dozen clinics from imminent closure . . . . . . ..
No … I’m not trying to “upstage” Canap’.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2014 at 9:29 PM

L2G: Lol,…too late:)

I rarely copy/pasty me Emails:)

29/08/2014
To: tips@hotair.com

Texas, US
6m
Federal judge rules key piece of Texas anti-abortion law House bill to be unconstitutional – @brianmrosenthal

canopfor on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Sorry, that’s the night we have our grammar nazi meeting.

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

You neglected to capitalize ‘Nazi’.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Well you be careful.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Well to cap off my no good very bad week my car played chicken with a pole and my car lost. Luckily it was just down by the back wheel and the dent isn’t too bad.

Sometimes you just have to say WTF, laugh and carry on.

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Thank you darlin!

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I informed her that Madison would be the perfect spot for her.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

But you know when she gets back she will still blame every problem on everyone who doesn’t look like her and her every problem will be due to “racism”, probably directed straight at her from that eeeeevil Republican Scott Walker’s office.
You can translate the whining of people like her as “This world owes me because I breathe”
There is no satisfying such a person.

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM

It would be my pleasure, Ken. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Sorry, that’s the night we have our grammar nazi meeting.
cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Wednesday?

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM

You probably know more about that than I do. I wasn’t certain.

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:33 PM

They have an agenda . . . . . and they’re “all up in arms over” ANYTHING … that stands in the way.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Too funny. Plus Mondays is pants putting back on night for cozmo

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

dang GG. Sorry to hear. Glad it wasn’t worse.

CoffeeLover on August 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

No I didn’t.

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

You neglected to capitalize ‘Nazi’.
annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

You’re early… :P

That’s OK…Sparkie left a cot in his Combination Room of Holding and Decon Shower :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Perhaps you should ask Parmenides to mediate your feud. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

She didn’t understand why anyone would listen to anything a republican said…then I reminded her that Wisc, also has a GOP governor.
Heh.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM

It would be my pleasure, Ken. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM

OMG! This is really happening!Moon Goddess….Geez. How do I look?

KCB on August 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Will Axe be the guest speaker at the miscreant meeting and can we stick our gum on his bucket again?

SpongePuppy on August 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

You’ve never cut a deal in a hospital waiting room?

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I have seen the white light and lived to wonder. I just hope the best for those in need.

Good to see you and will not bore you with my blathering, but I have started reading Thomas Dekker.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Sometimes you just have to say WTF, laugh and carry on.

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

^ Menace to our highway system.

Axe on August 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Axe on August 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Good evening, Axefellow. :)

Almost taciturn.

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Yup.
I know some folks who should never have gone into anything where they needed to interact with other humans. Fortunately, they usually DO go into research or leave the medical field all together.
The rest become surgeons. Or believe it or not, obstetricians.
There are a lot of smart people in medicine, but with the increasing smarts you get increasing quirkiness.
And of course there’s the usual mental illness issues that are equal opportunity afflictions–Two people out of my class ended up in the inpatient psychiatric ward due to psychotic breaks.

And no, I was not one of them….

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Sometimes you just have to say WTF, laugh and carry on.
gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Hopefully, it’s something Dent Wizard can take care of easily and cheaply, GG! Put another way, I hope it’s something that can be “popped” out rather than a repair/replace of the quarter panel and the labour/paint needed.

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Oh, I am sorry, I hope good times are here.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

^ Menace to our highway system.

Axe on August 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Actually it was pulling away from the gas pump at the gas station. Cut the corner too sharp.

So I’m a menace to gas station parking lots.

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

cozmo on August 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

You did indeed.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Perhaps you should ask Parmenides to mediate your feud. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I would be glad to be of service. BTW, Sparky can’t stop talking about his excellent adventure to your bedroom closet and helping you with your Halloween attire.

Parmenides on August 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Windshield / bug.
Sorry.

pambi on August 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Sometimes you just have to say WTF, laugh and carry on.

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

How’d the Gophers do, today ?

listens2glenn on August 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

and, besides, you’re a Gentleman… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

My comment got hung up in moderation about how I met The Current Wife. She will disagree with the gentleman part, but she has hung on for 22+ years of a wild ride.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Sometimes you just have to say WTF, laugh and carry on.

gophergirl on August 30, 2014 at 9:49 PM

GG: Glad to hear your okay. Did you hit a patch of ice…….

(sarc)…..*Runs*:)

I-64 icy bridge close call / accident footage in Charleston, WV on 1/21/07
***********

canopfor on August 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

And no, I was not one of them….

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I believe you. Neurosurgeons seem to be a bit quirky.

Cindy Munford on August 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Heh.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Hehe.

Doc Holliday on August 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I have started reading Thomas Dekker.

HonestLib on August 30, 2014 at 9:53 PM

That’s very interesting. Are you concentrating on his plays or prose works?

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2014 at 9:59 PM