“Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay

posted at 6:41 pm on August 29, 2014 by Allahpundit

If only there were an atheist angle, this would be perfect Friday palate-cleansing material.

On the one hand, a show known for weak dialogue and plodding pacing should have more important things to worry about than “Does Daryl like girls?” On the other hand, the inevitable very special episode in which Rick and Daryl get gay-married will be amazing.

When asked if the possibility of Daryl being gay had been considered, [show creator Robert] Kirkman answered, “All I can say is that it’s been discussed. We have very specific ideas about Daryl’s sexuality (or the seeming lack thereof), and if there’s ever a quiet period in the show where he’s not consistently distracted by crossbowing… we’ll tackle it in the show.”

When also asked if AMC would let the possibility of Daryl Dixon being gay fly, Kirkman responded, “For the record, they absolutely would.”

It never occurred to me to wonder what Daryl’s orientation might be, not because he seems obviously straight but because he’s barely a person. He’s an archetype, the strong, silent, sensitive loner who survived a rough upbringing to become an honorable man. Characters like him are usually conspicuously protective of women because that trait underscores their nobility; Daryl, naturally, is close to and protective of Carol, Beth, and (before she turned zombie) Sophia. He gets maybe three words of dialogue in an average episode but I don’t think we’ve seen him do a single mean or selfish thing since the show premiered. He’s an ideal, which is why fans are so possessive of him. He reminds me in some ways of Clint Eastwood’s (way more interesting and complex) character in “Unforgiven,” which makes sense given that they’re both take-offs on the classic western cowboy. And one of the novel things about the cowboy hero in westerns is that often he doesn’t get the girl. He’s simply too much of a loner, too damaged by the terrible things he’s seen and done in his past to durably connect with anyone in a romantic way. Eastwood dealt with that by making Will Munny a widower; “The Walking Dead” dealt with it by making Daryl’s defining relationship on the show the one with his domineering (and also much more interesting) older brother, Merle. The cowboy archetype typically has two functions, kicking the asses of the villains who cross him and then either dying heroically in an act of sacrifice or riding off into the sunset alone. It’ll be really surprising if Daryl ends up escaping those fates.

But maybe he has to. It’s easy to write two hours of the lonesome cowboy archetype for a movie, not so easy to do it for 50 hours in a TV series. And if they’ve got to give Daryl a love interest, why not make it a gay one? Granted, that ground has already been covered elsewhere, but the show now seems sufficiently aimless that it could do with a gimmick or two to liven things up. Little Judith is destined to age a few years soon and become TWD’s version of Cousin Oliver; Daryl might as well get a taboo-shattering romantic subplot as a little extra media candy. The show has always struggled with a bizarre soap-opera impulse, most famously in the Rick/Lori/Shane “whose baby is it?” love triangle, and they’re now deep enough into the woods plot-wise that the fans will not only tolerate long, talky, boring episodes, they probably expect it. So get soapy, and go gay while you’re at it: At least, unlike the Glenn/Maggie love story, it won’t be dull.

Whatever happens with Daryl, it sounds like they’re going to add a gay character regardless. His name: Oliver, hopefully!

Comments

Friday document dump?

LeftCoastRight on August 29, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Jeeze, AP. Is this worthy of a ‘serious’ website?

Thank god, I don’t watch TV.

What’s up next? Depraved Housewives of Orlando?

If Daryl’s gay, let him be. None of anyone’s bus, right?

Cody1991 on August 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM

AP,
Do some reading.

rob verdi on August 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Never seen the show. If I want to see dangerous zombies, I’ll watch news out of Washington.

Warner Todd Huston on August 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

I’m glad I quit watching during the second season.

In way more horrible news, Longmire got cancelled by A&E.

Mark1971 on August 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

“Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay

Who gives a crap. They’ve cancelled “Longmire”. Bastiges.

Oldnuke on August 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Soon the edgy thing to do will be to show a heterosexual couple in a lifelong, committed relationship. Why, they might actually have been married — in a church!

rbj on August 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Nazi loving, Confederate loving Daryl is gay?

Could be.

In the show, it’s been hinted he was sexually abused by his father.

sentinelrules on August 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Mark1971 on August 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

You beat me by a microsecond.

Oldnuke on August 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

You beat me by a microsecond.

Oldnuke on August 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Hopefully another network will pick it up.

Mark1971 on August 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I thought he was all hot for the girl who got kidnapped

John the Libertarian on August 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Just read through the whole post again, AP, and it was stomach turning.

Who gives a damn? Sounds like the usual leftie tripe… so involved … so concerned…. so intrusive…..

Blech! Seriously, I feel like you’ve left for the weekend, hit the wrong button and I’ve suddenly landed in your personal space.

Time out. Mind bleach.

Cody1991 on August 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

look you queer voyeurs, i just watched an episode of big brother and every guy on the show would and probably does like sex with men. they ignore the girls as girls and hug an kiss each other, STOP making it ok for american males to be sissies. the rest of the worlds males are learning to cut off the heads of our sissy boys and make our western women theirs. when our sissy/gay preezy gets his traitorous way and bombs go off in peoria, then what? you won’t like the “men” that man our walls when the SHTF! the enemy is already inside the gates…get ready boys!!!

tm11999 on August 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM

The whole purpose of Brokeback Mountain was to turn an American icon – e.g. The American Cowboy / John Wayne – into a sissy.

So why not? When they do, I won’t be watching anymore.

Ruckus_Tom on August 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Hopefully another network will pick it up.

Mark1971 on August 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Hope so. I really want to see Jacob Nighthorse get the stuffing kicked out of him and then be scalped.

Oldnuke on August 29, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Wait wtf is even relevant?? Atheists always grumble it’s what they do besides being major downers….

sorrowen on August 29, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hey AMC, whip out your telescopes and look down. You see that tiny thing that looks like a minnow? It’s a great white.

Kataklysmic on August 29, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Mainstream press outed this rumour weeks ago.

FrankT on August 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me – 98% of Hollyweird is perverted anyway. Might as well go for an even 100.

Ogabe on August 29, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Stop.

V7_Sport on August 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Wtf? I wish writers would stop f&cking up Shows so They can do an after school special. It never occurred to anyone that Daryl was gay because no clues was ever given. This is stupid. It is like gumboldore all over again.

I am sure they are going to make Rick bi by the end of the show so he could hook up with Daryl. This is insane.

coolrepublica on August 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Yes, please make Daryl gay so I have one more reason not to watch this show.

Othniel on August 29, 2014 at 7:20 PM

If they make Daryl gay it wouldn’t be a stunt. They would have made him gay several seasons ago for that. When he was looking for Sofia, fell asleep at the river, and dreamed about his then missing brother Merle, that would have been the time for the reveal. Merle mocking Daryl in the dream was the opportunity for Merle to mock Daryl not being man enough because he’s gay.

It wouldn’t bother me at all if Daryl is gay. The question is with whom he has his first on screen relationship. Does he try to kiss Rick? I don’t think so. Rick has become a surrogate brother. It’s a bromance, not a romance. It could be a glorified extra, on the show for a few episodes, and then eaten by a zombie. To have it make sense and be a true dramatic moment for the show, it’s Abraham. One of them kisses the other who kisses back.

If they want to be platonic about it, Carl is gay too. Afraid to tell his father, he confides to Daryl because he sees the signs with his gaydar. Daryl mentors Carl for the episode. Nothing is said about it for a couple of episodes, then after some trauma Carl finally tells Rick.

hadsil on August 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I vote for celibacy. There’s no woman on the show that’s worth a second look. Except for the lesbian that Dr. Mullet liked near the end of last season.

Judge_Dredd on August 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Oh give me a flipping break!

Connie on August 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM

What are the clues? Zombies go for his butt instead of his brain?

BL@KBIRD on August 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Zombie apocalypse is now gay

gxbhkt on August 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Once the ‘Dead’ goes homosexual/pc, I go eleswhere.

vnvet on August 29, 2014 at 7:27 PM

gil duran ‏@gilduran76 1h
Campaign manager who said he was “holding my nose” to work for Mitch McConnell resigns in wake of bribery scandal. http://www.kentucky.com/2014/08/29/3402571_mitch-mcconnells-campaign-manager.html?rh=1

Mitch McConnell’s Campaign Manager Resigns

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) campaign manager, Jesse Benton, announced his resignation amid questions about his alleged role in 2012 Iowa bribery scandal.

According to the Kentucky Herald-Leader, Benton met with McConnell on Friday afternoon and gave the top Senate Republican his letter of resignation, which McConnell accepted.

Benton’s resignation is effective Saturday.

The major staff change comes amidst a bribery scandal from when he was the political director for Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) during the 2012 presidential campaign that could spill over into McConnell’s re-election fight.

Ned Pepper on August 29, 2014 at 7:28 PM

So the country is rushing headlong into its destruction – and yet another court decided that mandating that abortion clinics have hospital admitting privileges is a violation of a woman’s right to kill her baby but this AP picks flaming gay zombie soap operas as important because he’s enlightened… Or something…

Skywise on August 29, 2014 at 7:30 PM

AP really needs to get out more often. :)

JetBoy on August 29, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Seems you just can’t please anybody these days Allah.

Judge_Dredd on August 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM

3% of the population…and yet somehow always in every fictional group.

Just like magic.

Hawkins1701 on August 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Kirkman just likes to yank people’s chain.

Blake on August 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM

AP really needs to get out more often. :)

JetBoy on August 29, 2014 at 7:34 PM

I tracked down Snowpiercer (on your recommendation).

Wow. Movie was so jam-packed with action it whizzed by. Very good, thanks!

WhirledPeas on August 29, 2014 at 7:49 PM

How’s this for a palate cleanser?
Couple fined for refusing to host gay wedding shut down

Skywise on August 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Skywise on August 29, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Well, we did get 6 or 7 articles here on HA concerning the passing of Robin Williams :)

WhirledPeas on August 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I’m glad I quit watching during the second season.

In way more horrible news, Longmire got cancelled by A&E.

Mark1971 on August 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

They really did cancel it. That’s disappointing.

Daryl gay? eh. I’ve just been watching it out of habit since they killed off Andrea. Maybe I’ll go read the graphic novel instead.

fadetogray on August 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Are you TV-haters from Seattle?
In Seattle, it’s a religion that when anyone mentions a TV program to chant the mantra “I would not know, for I own no television” in high dudgeon.

The coded correct response is of course “Nor I, my dear sir, nor I!”, when they get their face out of the smartphone.

Tard on August 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hmmmm, he did refuse Carol’s advances at the prison. “wanna fool around” “heh heh no”. And he didn’t make any moves on Beth when they where sucking down moonshine. However, he did refuse to let her drink peach schnapps on her first drunk.

Gay? I guess we will have to wait and see if Daryl adopts a cat and then goes back for the peach schnapps to know for sure….

MaxSplinters on August 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM

If he puts little pink hearts on the end of his crossbow bolts, then we will know.

Rambotito on August 29, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Well, AMC used to be known as Rainbow Media Holdings, LLC, so I guess everyone on the show is gay.

The Rogue Tomato on August 29, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I’m sorry (not) but if they gayify Daryl, I’m so done with the show. Completely and totally done. It’s not that I have anything against gay people per se, my niece is a soon to be nephew and I don’t care. It’s not my life and I only have to deal with whatever my new nephew presents himself as. *shrug*, no biggie.

But if they gayify Daryl it’ll be just another step in the long precession of shows and movies where they have to insinuate there MUST BE GAYNESS IN YOUR LIFE. No thanks, there doesn’t need to be, especially if you KEEP THAT CRAP TO YOURSELF. That is the only thing I have against some, not all, gays. They have this incessant urge to force everyone to look at them and declare them normal, while staring at your package.

No. If they gayify Daryl it obviously would not be a private thing, as all the viewers will not be able to avoid it, or the possible eye burns it will cause. I will just be done with the show.

And Allahpundit will have one less thing to grumble about when the show is canceled because of lack of viewership.

Diluculo on August 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I tracked down Snowpiercer (on your recommendation).

Wow. Movie was so jam-packed with action it whizzed by. Very good, thanks!

WhirledPeas on August 29, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Awesome! Yeah, that movie doesn’t waste any time getting interesting. And aside from a few plot holes (like where did Edgar get his accent from) the action and fast pace holds you attention right to the end. And Tilda Swinton did superbly. This year has been a total void of good movies…sometimes you have to dig a little to find something halfway decent.

JetBoy on August 29, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I really don’t think Daryl is gay. Did you see the way he was looking at Beth when she was singing and playing piano?

ninnuh on August 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM

It’s not that I have anything against gay people per se, my niece is a soon to be nephew…

Diluculo on August 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I hate to break it to ya, but transsexual/transgender isn’t the same as gay.

JetBoy on August 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM

He should go gay for a zombie dude.Call the episode BrokeBack zombie.

BoxHead1 on August 29, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I thought he was all hot for the girl who got kidnapped

John the Libertarian

He was.

BTW, Hotair should have been doing a grumble thread for “The Leftovers” during the WD hiatus. That show will have you begging for the WD’s return, lol.

xblade on August 29, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I believe my, ‘I don’t give a fluck,’ meter just redlined and broke.

I would have figured after the first half of the first season you’d figure out this show wasn’t worth the time. Barring that logical outcome, and knowing you’re caught into it, forever, hook, line, and sinker, welcome to Hell.

Thomas More on August 29, 2014 at 9:01 PM

What’s Daryl gonna be – the pitcher or the catcher?

3% of the population but the fudge-packers make like they’re 33%. Enough already!!!

Ogabe on August 29, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Bad spoiler. Last season hasn’t even come out on netflix and now it’s obvious that the best character won’t be getting any.

Buddahpundit on August 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM

We get it. You are an atheist. Get over yourself. No one thinks you are smarter or any more enlightened but yourself.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM

3% of the population…and yet somehow always in every fictional group.

Just like magic.

Hawkins1701 on August 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM

YOU WILL BE MADE TO CARE (At least that’s what HotAir is hoping for)

reddevil on August 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Jeeezz.us..Crrrist! Enough with the foolishness.

IF they make him gay, it will be to appease the dumbassed PC crowd and this wave of “I love gays in everything” we’ve been putting up with for..I don’t know 2008!

I’m done with PC. I’m done with all that other stuff. Enough!!

Seriously, why is 1.5 percent of the population dictating the stories we read, the movies we watch, the TV shows with the suddenly straight buy who is gay?! Of course Hollywood would think it was cutting edge- as they follow every other Tom, Dick and Harry out there!

They aren’t bright, just followers.

We all know at least one gay male in our lives.

Does anyone think the gay male out there would survive the first wave of civilization falling apart? Ricky Martin? Chaz Bono? Elton John? Michael Sams? (He can’t make the pros without help!)

No, IF this were a real situation, you can bet the following would be killed off first

1. Liberals- Too slow to react to the threat- waiting for the government to come and get them.

2. city dwellers, including Michael Bloomberg who would be really upset he disarmed the people around him.
3. Gang members- too darned dumb and stoned to realize what was going on.

4. All the modern democrats- with Hillary being thrown out first by Bill, to see if the way is clear.

5. All the NYTimes writers- with Maureen Dowd screaming she is too special to be eaten.

6. Most of California- The citizens wouldn’t notice any difference for a month between the illegal hordes razing the area and the undead.

7. Europe, except for three people stuck on a mountain in Switzerland. They’d all be done by the end of the first month. It would be quicker but the undead demanded a short work week, and vacation time.

8. The New Black Panthers- being eaten while complaining on a bullhorn. “Who do we want dead? uh, Us!”

9. And gay people. I mean, we’ve seen San Fran’s parades. You think they would make it past the first week? The worst of it is they’d die half naked, wearing leather with body parts piercings.

10. ISIS,who too late realizes cutting off the head doesn’t help when it latches on to the guy’s arm. Even worse, they won’t be able to tell if the person in front of them is dead by the smell alone. They all smell.

I’m sure there is more. Feel free to add.

Who would make it.

Obama- because when the undead went to eat his brains, they’d realize he had none.

And of course-

Darryl and people who are like Darryl, and the anyone people like Darryl protect. Imagine him not there when the poop hit the fan. How many people are still alive because of him?

And instead of giving the guy his due, being a real guy trying to do the right thing- like a cowboy from the old days, they want to make him gay….

Which makes me wish the outbreak would start in the TWD’s writers’ lounge.

archer52 on August 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM

In way more horrible news, Longmire got cancelled by A&E.

Mark1971 on August 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Well, dammit all anyway.

Hopefully NETFLIX picks it up (and Low Winter Sun, too)

Bruno Strozek on August 29, 2014 at 9:58 PM

If they make Darryl gay, I’m done with them. Hell, I’m barely hanging on now, the story lines have become so lame. Darryl being gay would be a ridiculous plot twist that makes no sense and has no benefit. It would be the last of a huge bunch of straws. Don’t do it, guys. Seriously.

blackgriffin on August 29, 2014 at 10:14 PM

archer52 on August 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Disagree on the gang bangers.

They’re armed, have no qualms about killing people and more than willing to take other people’s stuff.

The only thing I really see working against them is the high zombie populations they’d face. Most gangs are found in large cities which would mean very quick spread of virus and dense zombie population.

nekodachi on August 29, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Jeeze, AP. Is this worthy of a ‘serious’ website?

Thank god, I don’t watch TV.

What’s up next? Depraved Housewives of Orlando?

If Daryl’s gay, let him be. None of anyone’s bus, right?

Cody1991 on August 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Are you new here?

AP’s been phoning it in since Michelle sold him down the river.

I remember when he actually had something to say.

Adjoran on August 29, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Wouldn’t be the first time I stopped watching a show when the GLAAD mafia decided it was time to “reveal” the most macho character as a homosexual.

Zaire67 on August 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I hate to break it to ya, but transsexual/transgender isn’t the same as gay.

JetBoy on August 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Maybe not, sadly they are all just mental illness that turn their sufferers into sexual deviants and perverts.

Musing Lew on August 30, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Ned Pepper soiled his pants.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2014 at 12:58 AM

This story is about a week to two weeks old, why is Hot Air just now discussing it?

I want Daryl to stay single. It’s a cliche’ for TV and Hollywood to pair up every character. I’m tired of it.

I’d rather watch his character deal with life in general and the apocalypse rather than watch him date someone.

I doubt the show will make his character homosexual. One reason I don’t want them to is that I am tired of having homosexuality crammed down my throat every other movie or television program. It’s propaganda at this point to have a token homosexual guy on every show. They show already has two or three lesbian characters anyway.

I don’t even know why they did that Glenn/Maggie thing (yes, I know they are an item in the comic books).

I don’t totally buy into the romance during the apocalypse thing. If it were me, I’d be too busy with trying to find shelter, food, and safety to care about dating or being married.

TigerPaw on August 30, 2014 at 3:31 AM

In the show, it’s been hinted he was sexually abused by his father.

sentinelrules on August 29, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I don’t think so. It was said straight out he was physically abused (his back has scars from beatings, that was revealed in one episode), but there were no hints that he was sexually abused.

TigerPaw on August 30, 2014 at 3:38 AM

I thought he was all hot for the girl who got kidnapped

John the Libertarian on August 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Not necessarily. I think he views her as a kid sister.

It’s like the “Caryl” shippers who swear up and down Daryl has (romantic) feelings for Carol. I don’t think he does.

TigerPaw on August 30, 2014 at 3:40 AM

hadsil on August 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM

??? Dude, what are you smoking?? Drugs are bad. Don’t do drugs. Don’t do drugs and then write awful, cringing Walking Dead fan fiction shipping whatever.

TigerPaw on August 30, 2014 at 3:42 AM

I vote for celibacy.

Judge_Dredd on August 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Seriously, they should. There are no examples in most TV/movies about singles who are celibate. Not all adults are out there doing the nasty.

TigerPaw on August 30, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Is there some quota system that requires gay characters in EVERY show? It’s the zombie apocalypse for crying out loud. Daryl and every other character on that show should be more concerned about staying alive than finding the next hookup. Considering the piss-poor decision making abilities they’ve displayed thus far, all surviving characters are lucky to just be alive at this point.

Wendya on August 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Yes, there is a code in Hollywood that gay characters must be built or thrust If you will, into every storyline.

Tard on August 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Anybody watch the final episode of True Blood? Talk about gay, and lame too boot.

Oldnuke on August 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

When Sanctuary turned, I turned off

Literally it was over. Ditto similar programs. I wouldn’t have watched it in the first place if I had known it would go there. I even avoid the actors after that.

WD has been one of my favorite programs, because I enjoy the chess game of the apocalypse. But if the show turns, even by suggestion, I’m gone. Not my beliefs. Not my fantasy

Losing interest fast realizing they are considering it as an option

Guess I will wait for reruns

entagor on August 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Who would make it.

And of course-

archer52 on August 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Darryl is the take no BS hero. The Inquisition cannot leave a single icon standing

To your list of people who would not make it I add

1. The writers for syfy channel who believe no one can fight disasters without FEMA. They will be eaten by the first wave of FEMA zombies

2. Common Core students who will be placed in classes with zombies in the interest of fairness

3. Car Salesmen. All customers look alike to Car salesmen. Zombies cannot distinguish between car salesmen and other humans. Nature will have its way

To the list of survivors I add rednecks. If it goes down, I want to be in redneck territory.

entagor on August 30, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Wendya on August 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I agree.

Oldnuke on August 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

‘True Blood’ Actor Luke Grimes Quit Over Gay Role (REPORT)

Buzzfeed reports that Grimes — who previously played James, the vampire boyfriend of Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) — quit because the Season 7 script of the vampire-centric HBO show included a romance between his character and the openly gay Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis). A source told Buzzfeed that Grimes was willing to play the role so long as “Lafayette [was] attracted to him, but not if the attraction was mutual.” He also supposedly objected to any same-sex kissing or sex scenes, but the writers wouldn’t change the script.

TigerPaw on August 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM

One thing that I liked about TWD is that there were no gay characters. Liberals are trying to force a gay character(or more)into every single show. It’s ridiculous. As if that depicts real life in any way.

I hope they forgo such a moronic notion. If they make Daryl gay that will be it for me, I won’t watch it anymore.

cmc on August 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay

You wish AP

DarkCurrent on August 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM

There has never been one remote indication of him being gay. He wasn’t just being friendly to Carol, give me a break.

tomas on August 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Yawn… ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

AP, I love ya to death (not in the gay way…) but TV is all gay all the time now.. this kind of thing is just not HotAir-worthy.

OTOH, if TWD were gonna feature a horde of gay zombies (think about it…), now that would be HotAir-worthy and might make the show worth watching again, at least until they PC it to death.

Sorta OT: Is it just me or, TV-wise, is this year of distracting levels of “two men kissing” and overuse of the word “sh*t”?

DrDeano on August 30, 2014 at 4:41 PM