Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again

posted at 8:01 pm on August 26, 2014 by Allahpundit

Admittedly, admittedly, my headline doesn’t capture the full thrust of what he told Hugh Hewitt. The full thrust is “I’M NOT RUNNING. STOP ASKING.” There’s a “chance,” he says, in the same way Lloyd had a “chance” with Mary at the end of “Dumb & Dumber.”

But if the earth shakes and the heavens fall and the GOP collectively decides that he’s the only man who can beat Hillary, then hey. “Circumstances can change.” Although they won’t. NOW STOP ASKING.

So … you’re telling me there’s a chance. Yeah!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

A fighting chance to turn it around versus deliberately burning it down. Yeah, leave. Go find someplace else you are actually willing to fight for.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I have you on record as saying that your methods are not meant to turn it around. That it is not meant to make the party conservative.
Now here you are arguing the opposite? Which one is it?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM

The sad part is that there is no one with formidable experience on the R side suited for the job. Very few can even make the short list. (and anyone who lost to Romney- is not eligible for the short list)
Ted Cruz- AG sure, POTUS not yet
Rand Paul- ? don’t see it
Chris Christie- nope.
And that really is the problem for the Demoncrats as well. They do not have a quality candidate. Except they have the media to advertise with..Sad.
FlaMurph on August 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM

So Reagan should have stepped aside in 1980 after losing to Ford in 76? Was Reagan formidable in 72, 76 or 80 with his experience? I have issues with the notion that one has to have “experience” over one having to have a principled character. To wit, Abraham Lincoln. A solid moral person is imminently more qualified than an experienced politician. But that’s my opinion.

AH_C on August 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM

You still have not explained to one single individual’s benefit how your path changes the party to conservative.
Feel free to try again.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:08 PM

You speak for everyone? Just how many OFA socks are there here?
Working for, donating to and Voting for the most conservative, electable candidate (The Buckley rule) on election day and then working to hold them accountable will ensure that the country moves to a more conservative direction because it ill mean that you have elected people who share at least a common base of understanding with you, be it that the rights of the individual need to be maintained to ensure the rights of the collective (not the other way around) be it that small government means more liberty or that a strong defense is important to who we are… Running someone who shares those values, lets say 80% of the time as Reagan quantified will ensure that you only have to fight to make your opinion known 20% of the time. Maybe they will change direction 10% of the time, the other 10% you are just going to have to write off as the cost of doing business with other humans.
What you have advocated is electing people who disagree with you 100% of the time so you have to fight them 100% of the time and even if you do get 10% the results are still a catastrophe for the country.

You really do need to take a jr highschool level civics class.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Now here you are arguing the opposite? Which one is it?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM

????
By turn it around I mean put the country in a more conservative direction, one that will clean up the debt and restore our strength and economic growth. That is what I am after and I would be very interested if you could provide a quote of mine where I wrote otherwise, liar.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM

How long ago was the Buckley Rule?
How has that worked out?
It has worked out exactly as well as I say it should work.
Because the voters do not hold the politicians to account and just simply vote party, that the incumbency benefits are too great in the primary, the party can only move to the left. Which it has.
We did have a nice backlash after Bush and Obama tore up the economy and moved things to the left way too fast between 2008 and 2010 in 2010, but that was quickly squished and 2012 came and went with Obama facing a Republican nominee further to the left than any previous nominee in my lifetime.
Since Republicans can count on the base vote, they do not beleive in what the base believes, they actually only work for the people between the base and the Democrats as those are the only votes to be EARNED. Hence, a perpetual leftward shift.

Now, explain again how voting for the progressive returns conservative government. This time in a way that overcomes the obvious facts I just stated.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM

You cannot do that with a progressive Republican party. The Progressive Republican party you enable. It is just simply that simple.

By wanting to be rich, I mean I want millions of dollars in the bank and no debt. What am I doing to accomplish this? Spending money like there is no tomorrow.

You see the problem with that plan right?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:26 P

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Brain damaged logic right there.

It sure as hell is a lot more work with people like you thwarting it every step of the way.

LOL, I don’t want the country to burn,I don’t think it’s a good idea to vote for the likes of Obama, you idiot… take me to court.

The bedrock of conservatism? There is nothing more important than simply work?

It’s what separates people like me from people like you. When I look for a helping hand the first place I check is on the end of my wrist. That’s the bedrock of conservatism, not running to charity or government, an individual doing it for themselves. Go ahead, try to break that argument as well.

I can see why you vote the way you do then. You like to make it so hard to control the government that it is not only constant hard work but many times pointless effort as the PROGRESSIVES you vote into power vote for progressive government solutions.

No, I recognize that work is part of the process. So does the left, which is why they have been running circles around us.

By the way, I am working right now. Just completed multiple tasks. I get the hardest tasks and am considered one of the most productive members of my team. I have a reputation. It is not a bad one. I get picked by the big shots to head up their projects. But I do have a flaw. I get migraine headaches and am forced to take quite a few days off work. But think what ever you want. Because immoral people generally think the least of others.

You must have made quite a name for yourself over at Organizing For America, are you head Moby? Do you get a bonus for getting Republicans to stay at home on election day to help elect democrats?

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

You said bed rock… You do know what words mean when you use them, correct?
Yes, it takes work and effort to have nice things. Sometimes you have to give up things you want today in order to get them tomorrow. Sometimes you are forced to punish those you love in order for them to be better people tomorrow. You get more of what you reward.

Your work goes into electing progressives.
You are unwilling to have a slightly wore today in order for a much brighter tomorrow.
You are unwilling to punish the progressive party in order for them to improve and be a better party tomorrow.
You reward progressives, you will get more progressives.

It is that simple.
It does not matter how much WORK you put into those activities. The end result will not be an INCREASE in conservatism.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I’m an engineer. So, nope… try again retard.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

How long ago was the Buckley Rule?

Good ideas don’t have an expiration date, you are grasping at straws.

How has that worked out?

We haven’t been following it lately.

It has worked out exactly as well as I say it should work.

Because you are the intellectual equal of William F. Buckley… How well has the astonerii rule worked? 2 terms of Obama and complete disaster.

Because the voters do not hold the politicians to account

The left seems to, the right should as well.

that the incumbency benefits are too great in the primary,

LOL, effort is hard! Let someone else do it and if it isn’t what you like let it burn, yeah, got it.

the party can only move to the left. Which it has.

No, not since 2008, the pendulum has swung back after the loss. Regardless, you work to push conservative principles no matter where the party is because that’s what good Americans do. That’s what patriots do. Patriots fight for the country, they don’t let it burn.

Since Republicans can count on the base vote,

Can they?

I think what you are trying to say in your rant is that the GOP will move left to go after independants to make up for lost wacko-birds.. That’s a possibility moving forward, but it’s one that you are working to bring about. It’s what I am trying to prevent.

Explain how a supposed adult and supposed Marine needs everything explained to him over and over again like a 2 year old.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM

You cannot do that with a progressive Republican party.

“Progressive” in this case equals anyone who doesn’t want the country to burn. Sorry, I’m not going to declare the task impossible. If you think it is then you need to leave the country, you owe it to yourself to flee something that cant be turned around. You wont, because you are a blowhard coward.

Gee, you might want a budget, something that we haven’t had for the past 6 years, a trend you want to continue by keeping Harry Reid in as majority leader.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM

You said bed rock…

I stand by it.

You do know what words mean when you use them, correct?

1bed·rock noun \-ˈräk, -ˌräk\
: a strong idea, principle, or fact that supports something

I wan’t referring to a literal stone. I would have pointed to your skull in that event.

Yes, it takes work and effort to have nice things.

And decent politicians.

Indeed.

By letting the country burn. Heh, that’s self defeating. You will go up as well.

You get more of what you reward.

Rubble. Look at the past 6 years for conformation.

Burning your house down isn’t a smart way of re-modeling it. I’ve been hearing your brighter future BS for a while now… (“Got to go thorough carter to get to Reagan”.. in ’08) Where’s Reagan? There is no light at the end of your tunnel, only further ruin.

That’s untrue, I am willing to horrang the hell out of them, primary them, use whatever carrot and stick to motovate them I can get. What I am not willing to do is turn the reigns of power over to the likes of Obama and Reid again because I am going to be confronted with having to work to get what I want out of a different politician. The past 6 years have been a disaster. Thanks for that. Learn from it.

It does not matter how much WORK you put into those activities

How would you know?

The end result will not be an INCREASE in conservatism.

It has before, the left does it to great effect and the alternative is collapse and ruin. Patriots work to save the country, cowards and traitors sit back and let it burn.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I’m an engineer. So, nope… try again retard.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM

So you engineer victories for Soros backed political projects…

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM

By the way. You picked Romney in the primary. That means you in fact voted for Obama. Romney was never going to win astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:19 PM

You’re being as dishonest as our Libtard commie friends. There was no one else that “primary” that would have done better than Romney. We all knew that.
Newter? Herb? Santorum? C’mon man- That was a laughable freak show. That “debate season” ringling show alone, cemented more Maobama votes in Nov. than we care to admit.
Please, not asking you to concede anything- just stop repeating the foolishness.

FlaMurph on August 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

FlaMurph on August 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Romney did not even try. So how on Earth can you possibly know? Wish casting?
Newt at least would not have folded and offered Obama as a nice guy. He also would not have let Obama off the hook on all the scandals or Obamacare. Since those were the things that had Americans upset, chances are having someone that shared their views would have made a difference. Having Romney there to tell them they were wrong on the other hand certainly did not help turn out. Now did it? Like it or not, turn out is the candidate’s job.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Newt at least would not have folded and offered Obama as a nice guy.
astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM

LOL, he “folded” to Romney and endorsed him as the presidential candidate. You also said that you would no longer support Gingrich.. Which leave no one but the guy who you did support: Obama.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

What date did I say I would not longer support Gingrich?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Inflating our way to prosperity. I wonder how that works?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Bungled

Schadenfreude on August 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM

What date did I say I would not longer support Gingrich?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM

You said you would no longer support him because he was soft on amnesty.

Inflating our way to prosperity. I wonder how that works?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Inflating our way out of debt.combined with growth and austerity, it’s the classical path for getting rid of a debt burden. Duh…
Losing our way to political influence, wonder how that works.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Mitt won’t be my first choice in a primary but if he is nominated I will gladly and enthusiastically pull the lever for him.

Texas Zombie on August 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Bungled

Schadenfreude on August 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Hellfire! Anyone who reads this thread will know why to never support Rmoney™ to run for anything ever again.

Bmore on August 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

You said you would no longer support him because he was soft on amnesty.

Inflating our way to prosperity. I wonder how that works?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Losing our way to political influence, wonder how that works.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM

There needs to be a pre November 2012 date for it to have any meaning for the 2012 election. So… Was it before then? I do not recall it happening then. Hence, your argument, like almost all your arguments (yes some of your arguments have value) is worthless.

Inflating our way out of debt… The cheater way. WOW, Another CONSERVATIVE value I never knew about.

By the way, what austerity are we talking about?
No Child Left Behind?
Medicare Part D?
TARP?
Amnesty?

What austerity? So far I have seen no evidence that the politicians that YOU SUPPORT have any desire to pass any austerity measures…
Growth? I can enjoy growth. But the party is no longer really interested in growth any more. What items have your specifically supported politicians advocated for that provide growth?

Romney is all for the welfare state, it lets him ignore the poor. Maybe it was forget the poor, or maybe not worry about the poor. Something along those lines.
It is kind of hard to grow when you are inflating your way to prosperity. Just ask Japan! They have been trying that for going on 20 years now. Maybe longer, I lost track around 18 years and just gave up watching them. They probably have much in common with your plan for prosperity.

By the way, you do realize that hyper inflation is the only way to inflate our way out of debt, but all of the welfare state that your politicians love are tied to inflation and just keep the spending going up… Thus, the moment we are out of debt, we will be back in debt, but at hyper inflated numbers in the hundreds of trillions if not quadrillions of dollars. Everyone who saved money for retirement on fixed incomes loses. Totally conservative!

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Bmore on August 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

He’s not running, it’s just Allah jingling his keys.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM

So if you don’t remember it it’s worthless. Logic.

By the way, what austerity are we talking about?

Cutting entitlements and the size of government.

Amnesty?

That;s your guy.

Because you were too busy pimping for Obama.

It is kind of hard to grow when you are inflating your way to prosperity.

Cut spending, cut entitlements cut taxes and watch the growth. You can print money to pay debt as a dividend of that growth. It will deflate the value of the currency but that can’t be avoided at this point if we are ever to get free of the debt. That’s the truth. It’s not what you want to hear but it’s the truth.

Romney is all for the welfare state

Well, you helped re-elect Obama. How’s the welfare state doing now? Your screeching that Mitt Romney is the root of all evil is kind of pathetic at this point. He has been proven right over and over while the guy you supported has been proven to be a complete disaster.

You do realize that, over and over, I have said that inflation would only be a part of the strategy for getting rid of the debt, right? You just don’t care what truth is, you want another straw man.

Everyone who saved money for retirement on fixed incomes loses

As someone who has actually advocated for the “collapse of the dollar” your new found fiduciary responsibility toward peoples retirement plans is a sad joke.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I don’t think the ‘Buckley Rule’ means what you think it means….

Brock Robamney on August 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

So if you don’t remember it it’s worthless. Logic.

No retarded loser, if it did not happen before November election 2012, and we are discussing the 2012 election, then the argument that I no longer support Gingrich is worthless. I still supported him on the day I cast my vote. Retard much? Oh, never mind, you just lie and try and confuse facts to your benefit. It is much easier to attack strawmen that you build specifically for beating down. Even they seem to leave bruises.

By the way, what austerity are we talking about?

Cutting entitlements and the size of government.

When and where? Oh that is right, that was MY GUY. Gingrich, the ONLY politician in recent history to bring the government into a balanced budget.

Amnesty?

That;s your guy.

My guy would have let grandmothers stick around, and likely was only saying it rather than believing it. Your guy would have let everyone that Obama is letting around stick around. McConnell Voted for Gang of 8 Bill. Sorry loser. It is your side that wants immigration. Don’t you support Boehner too when we say we need to can his loser ass even though we have plenty of spare House Reps?

Because you were too busy pimping for Obama.

It is a nice quip, but it is untrue and still does not actually negate the statement. There is no plan from your guys for austerity. Well, not in their lifetimes. I have seen the austerity plan after 2045 plan… Tying the hands of congresses of the future while actually increasing spending in the short term…

It is kind of hard to grow when you are inflating your way to prosperity.

Link the cut spending plans. Link the cut entitlement plans. They do not exist. You support people who refuse to cut them. Thus there will be no growth from them. You get nothing from nothing.

What the hell do you mean it cannot be avoided at this point. You are the one that keeps telling me that all these bad things that are pretty much certain to happen are going to be avoided by voting for progressive (R) candidates. Now, NOW you want to argue that inflation cannot be avoided? What kind of freaking LOON are you? By the way, it is what I already know. But there is a difference. Having the government deliberately deflate the currency with inflation in order to pay off the debt burden is dishonest and certainly not conservative. It will also have far reaching problems, the least of which is the moment people catch on, in order to roll over the debt, they will demand higher interest rates plus an inflation hedge. Then you actually are worse off than you were before. Go back and look at the 70s and the last 20 years of Japan.

Romney is all for the welfare state

It is not actively corrupting the Republican party. I supported Gingrich. Not Obama. You should stop lying. Romney has effectively been proven right on pretty much everything we all agreed with him on. It is not a high bar… But I guess when that is all you have, you have to grab it and act like it is the prize bull, huh?

But none of what you have said will ever happen with the PEOPLE YOU VOTE FOR AND SUPPORT. It is like saying that I got a great plan, and all it takes is for Sandra Bullock and Ben Affleck and a dozen other actors to give me their time freely and it will totally be a major success and we will make millions. Nice plan. Get back to me when you have one that actually has an opportunity of being put into action.

Everyone who saved money for retirement on fixed incomes loses

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I thought I already responded to this part, maybe I decided to do the whole post.

I never advocated for the collapse of the dollar. It is what will happen. Look above at what you yourself just stated. You said they have to devalue the dollar, it has to happen at this point, there is no way to avoid it. Pretty interesting that suddenly you are using exactly the same argument I have been making. Some things are certain… You plan to do it on purpose, I plan to watch as events unfold, due to the actions of voters over the last 18 years.
So, if the calamity is certain, does not the statement If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
Thomas Paine
pretty much have meaning?

You are right, the currency is due for some serious trouble. Who exactly should be paying for that trouble? Should I work endlessly to ensure that I an others who caused that trouble are spared it due to eventual death and that the trouble, multiple times over is hammered down upon the shoulders of innocents who were unable to vote while the trouble was being created?

But no, that there is treasonous talk! I guess yours is treasonous talk. Wanting to bring down the dollar! Oh, no, wait, yours is totally John Kerry level nuanced…

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I don’t think the ‘Buckley Rule’ means what you think it means….

Brock Robamney on August 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

You might really want to advance that advice to v7_sport. His only objective in life is victory at any cost. My objective is conservatism at any cost.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I have no problem to vote for Romney. However, many Evangelical Christians stayed home in 2012, not caring for any Morman, Hence, I am not sure whether Romney would be the best choice.

sohumm on August 27, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I don’t think the ‘Buckley Rule’ means what you think it means….

Brock Robamney on August 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

LOL, at least I got you to do some reading, even if it was only to the second google hit for “Buckley rule”. Here, from the national review. You will love the subject matter.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 8:08 PM

That makes no sense. (And you have “learned winner” oozing out of every post from the trailer park.)

. I still supported him on the day I cast my vote.

But you disavowed him since. Making your disapproval for the republican candidates complete. Meaning that there was no republican candidate that you have deemed acceptable. All of them were not up to your standards because you are so righteous, mr oath breaker. And no, you aren’t supporting asomeone by voting for someone else. That’s just stupid.

You deemed “your guy” unacceptable as president. Your guy quit and endorsed Romney. Get over the butthurt that your guy lost in the primaries. Fair and square, he lost. Get over it. It shouldn’t be a problem for you since you no longer support “your guy”. By the way, as governor Romney balanced the budget every year he was in office so you are wrong again.

Your guy, the one you lobbied for, Obama, is floating trial ballon for a completely illegal executive amnesty of 5million illegals. That’s why it’s important to get the senate out of Reid’s hands so your guy, Obama, has some check on his power. Gingrich has a d from NumbersUSA on immigration…

Link the cut spending plans. Link the cut entitlement plans. They do not exist.

Here’s one and there are others, notably from the heritage foundation. Read a newspaper before you come here, will you?

Thanks for lying again. Your straw men have gotten old. You are just terrible at this. Tenacious I’ll admit, but terrible none the less. Inflation is inevitable, it has been made so by electing an affirmative action president that doubled the debt. The guy you campaigned for.

You are the clown who wants “economic collapse” of the dollar. Anything honest or conservative about that? Idiot?
AGAIN, this is your wise and measured solution:

I can vote for Obama. This gives the most value. I am young enough to fight in a civil war today and a decade or so more, thus if I vote Obama, and he can bring the collapse of the American dollar and our economy faster than the R, my vote for him gives me value.
astonerii on June 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

My argument that the United States of America would finally fail around 2022 do to fiscal limitation seems to have been very conservative. We may not get to 2016 without some kind of breakdown.

The sooner the better I say.

astonerii on July 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Which is more responsible? Growth, austerity tempered with controlled inflation OR civil war, the collapse of the American dollar and fiscal breakdown?

There it is in a nutshell. That’s the difference in what you advocate and what I advocate. reason versus a petulant tantrum.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I never advocated for the collapse of the dollar.

liar.

astonerii on June 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Or do you have some other definition of “value?

The sooner the better I say.

astonerii on July 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

You do know the difference between “better” and “worse”… right? Those are your words, eat up.

It is what will happen.

If you keep electing democrats it will for sure, otherwise it can be stopped. But that’s not what you want.

You are delusional. By acknowledging controlled inflation will be a part of any recovery effort I’m not predicting or working for collapse and financial meltdown.

You plan to do it on purpose, I plan to watch as events unfold,

You don’t have a solid grip on the concepts here, do you?

Thomas Paine pretty much have meaning?

It isn’t certain. Go learn about the difference between controlled inflation and purchasing power. And everything else.

You are right, the currency is due for some serious trouble

No, “controlled inflation” isn’t serious trouble. If we were to grow our gdp, cut spending and exploit our natural recourses we could offset the value loss to keep it manageable. indeed, without extra printing if we were to cut takes and spending and run the economy with an eye toward growth instead of redistribution we would run into deflation which would make the value of our debt more.

Should I work endlessly (LOL!) to ensure that I an others who caused that trouble are spared it due to eventual death and that the trouble, multiple times over is hammered down upon the shoulders of innocents who were unable to vote while the trouble was being created?

LOL. What a diva. You should work because that’s what people do to support themselves and get what they are after.

That you got “wanting to bring down the dollar” from anything I wrote shows that you are just not getting it or that you just don’t care about truth.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 8:55 PM

*cut taxes and spending

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM

You keep saying growth and austerity but you have not once shown where your candidates support any such thing. They might mouth the word growth. But they certainly do not promote any such policies that get you there. And inflation is not the path to GROWTH. By the way, once you instigate inflation, particularly with our debt at 100% of GDP, there is certainly no way to CONTROL it.

Actually facing facts or dreaming of something that is not even on the table. That is the difference between what I advocate and what you imagine.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:05 PM

You plan to do it on purpose, I plan to watch as events unfold,

You don’t have a solid grip on the concepts here, do you?

I do, you just said you plan to instigate inflation to get rid of the debt. I think saying that you plan to do it on purpose has a solid grip on the concept that you think deflating the money that you plan to pay people back in is a conservative idea.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Wow, always taking things out of context there aren’t you!
Nope, you acknowledged that the debt is a problem that forces the devaluation of currency. It is unavoidable. It must be done. We are forced to do it. But you are saying that every thing else is avoidable. IF ONLY WE ELECT PROGRESSIVE (R) ALL CAN BE SAVED. Well, if you consider an ant that has been dunked in 100% hydrochloric acid has a chance of survival, I guess there is a chance that things will turn around.
I mean just because the population is worse than it has ever been.
I mean just because the Republican part is as bad as it has ever been, with only a couple valuable members who are ostracized by your favored politicians.
I mean just because the constitution means less today than at any other time in the history of the nation.
I mean just because every metric is moving in the wrong direction.
We have a chance.
But that chance does not involve voting for and rewarding Progressive (R) politicians like you promote.

Now lets get to the policy you propose though… Not that the people you advocate for actually advocate for the policy, but lets imagine it for a minute…

They are going to stand up in front of the American people and tell them. We are going to increase the price of everything you buy significantly (if it is not significant, it will do not good). Vote for us! We are going to cut all the welfare benefits you rely on. Vote for us! We are going to cut taxes on the rich, and since we are cutting your welfare I guess raise taxes on you (I imagine tax credits and so forth will be trimmed or gotten rid of completely as part of that austerity, no?). Vote for us!

I see that as a winning combination. Oh, wait, you mean they will not campaign on that? You imagine they will go under the radar and just spring on the people? Like good conservatives do?

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Romney had a decent plan but whatever…
Until one comes around, lets not make the task impossible.

Your crystal ball has been shown to be a turd in a snow-globe.

And inflation is not the path to GROWTH.

Where did I say it did? It’s becoming obvious that you don’t understand what I wrote. I’m arguing with someone who doesn’t understand basic economic concepts.

Instigate inflation? You realize we have inflation now, at this very minute. You do know that, right? Or does mommy do the shopping?

there is certainly no way to CONTROL it.

You do understand that the supply of money can be expanded or contracted, right? :-D

Actually facing facts or dreaming of something that is not even on the table.

Dreaming of playing wolverines when the big ‘ol civil war comes is facing facts? Nope. I’m going to re-up and bomb your treehouse in the name of the establishment if it ever comes to that. And yes, these plans exist, we need to get the political will to push them elected and to push them ourselves.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:19 PM

You plan to do it on purpose, I plan to watch as events unfold,

You don’t have a solid grip on the concepts here, do you?

I do, you just said you plan to instigate inflation to get rid of the debt.

So no, you don’t have a solid grip on the concepts here.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM

The sooner the better I say.

astonerii on July 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

With respect to consequences the following is the proper way they should happen.
Action followed immediately with proper sized consequences.
The further removed from the action the consequence occurs or the more insulated a person is from the degree of the consequence the less value there is to consequences.
You do say you are a conservative, right?

The current and past voters caused this problem. They should face the full consequences as soon as possible. It is how lessons are learned and how a society can best learn to use its resources. Right now we are living in a period where voters vote the wealth of future generations into their current pockets and future benefits packages and face very limited degrees of the proper consequences of that spending. That is why spending is so screwed up.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

You plan to do it on purpose, I plan to watch as events unfold,

You don’t have a solid grip on the concepts here, do you?

I do, you just said you plan to instigate inflation to get rid of the debt.

So no, you don’t have a solid grip on the concepts here.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Yeah, I do not have a grip… retard!

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Inflation devalues our currency incrementally every second. Really. this is like talking to someone and realizing that they believe Gilligan’s Island is real. You genuinely don’t know what inflation is.

Who says? LOL! Prices are increasing every day.

And you will be right there to call him a progressive…

Whatever it takes. I imagine a winning strategy would be a combination of both approaches. That’s not important to this discussion though, what is important is that it IS possible to turn this around.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I never advocated for the collapse of the dollar.

liar.

astonerii on June 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Or do you have some other definition of “value?

You do realize what the difference between faster than Romney means right? Both accomplish the mission. One just does it faster. Thus the consequences for the actions comes closer to actions. Thus they are more valuable. The people who cause problems should face consequences. It prevents them from advocating for problem causing policies.
Why do politicians like to give public employees huge retirement packages? Because the bill comes due decades after they are out of office. Thus they do not have to account for the consequences to the people. The consequences fall onto people who never had the power of the vote and were not in office at the time.

Thus, advocating for consequences to occur closer to the time of the bad actions is not some evil thought. Feel free to look up God’s idea on the subject.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, I do not have a grip… retard!

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM

“Devalue” if it’s easier. “It will devalue the currency…” although there is technically nothing wrong with what I wrote.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:24 PM

So anyone who lobbied for Obama should bear the brunt of all this. LOL. Maybe they would take away your computer.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Um, I never said there was anything wrong with the text of your argument. The issue is that you want to steal the wealth of others deliberately through government action.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

We all pay right now with Obama. Of have you not noticed? You really are retarded… Extremely slow to grasp things.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Rooting for collapse is still the mark of a scumbag.

The people who cause problems should face consequences

What should your consequences be?

Working to bring them about is, especially when it means the end of the dream for good. The republic can be salvaged. I dedicate myself to the task. I owe it to some pretty incredible people. I wont sit by and let it burn.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Hopefully the growth will provide an opportunity to offset any loss, the moochers wont take advantage of that, they never do. There is no way of recovering what has been wasted. Collapse will hurt the innocent as well.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM

You shouldn’t have worked to elect him and keep him empowered.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Rooting for collapse is still the mark of a scumbag.

The people who cause problems should face consequences

What should your consequences be?

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Rooting for for bad people to get what they deserve is not a scumbag make. Working to insulate bad people from what they deserve is a scumbags job.
They are not my consequences. Consequences in this case should be the natural event. You vote for spending you get taxed.
You work to destroy the republic. Every Progressive (R) you advocate for is a reward in the system that indicates that it is better to be a progressive (R) than a conservative (R). I am sure you owe it to somebody. That is why you will advocate for those are are actively burning it down. Boehner, McConnell, Cochran, Romney, pretty much every politician who despises conservatives with more vitriol than they can muster for Obama are your friends, and you owe some pretty something or another people enough to ensure that they remain in power. I accept that part as true. I am sure you owe it to them…

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM

You shouldn’t have worked to elect him and keep him empowered.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM

You think I had an effect? How much of an effect do you think I had here on hot air?

You should not have advocated for Romney who threw the election to Obama. Since I voted for Romney, it seems odd that I elected him… But you keep flogging that dead horse, it will get you something.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:55 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM

You do realize that inflation reduces growth. You do right? Japan has been trying to inflate itself out of recession for going on 20 years, might be even longer by now… It does not work that way.

Hey, we are going to deliberately steal your savings and we hope that maybe you can make it up somehow. VOTE FOR US! A winning message if I ever heard one.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Because economic collapse would only hit bad people. Grow up.

You work to destroy the republic

No. I. Don’t. I work to give us a fighting chance. You work for “collapse and breakdown”because that’s somehow fair. LOL. .

. I am sure you owe it to somebody.

Lots of people. I am greatful to those who worked to bring about the United States and I hate that it has been diminished on my watch, especially by the garbage that occupies the white house and leads the senate.

That is why you will advocate for those are are actively burning it down.

Heh…

here were at least three other times we had smaller discussions. Maybe you should get a notepad and write this down. If the Republican nominee is Romney, then astonerii and his extended family will be voting for Obama.
astonerii on February 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The point of voting Obama is to try to prevent Romney from ruining the brand name. Like Bush did….
astonerii on February 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I vote Obama if the only other choice on the ballot is Romney.
astonerii on October 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Me, I will convince my 28 member extended family to vote Obama and let the Democrats take the responsibility for the next four years.
You can b!tch and moan all you want about how unfair it is….
astonerii on January 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM

If you cannot live with another 4 years of Obama, pity to you for being such a pathetically weak person.
astonerii on March 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I will actively vote against Romney, I will vote for the conservative in the Senate and House. […] I will not go third party, I will go for the throat and vote direct for Obama.
astonerii on February 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I would vote Obama just to shut people like you up.
astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I see Romney as a bigger long term threat to the nation than Obama.
astonerii on April 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I vote Obama if Romney is on the ticket. I will not go so far as to send a donation or put a sticker on my bumper, I never put stickers on my bumper, but I will vote.
astonerii on July 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

LOL, nope, you are the one who insisted that you were going to vote for Obama.. not me, I’ll bet Romney didn’t either.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 9:58 PM

You do realize that inflation reduces growth. You do right?

Japan has been trying to inflate itself out of recession for going on 20 years,

No they haven’t, You don’t know what the concept means. Stop embarrassing yourself.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Yeah, of the targeted “2%” range. I think the 2% is a liars number. The reason that does not cause a problem is because the fed target rate for the last 80 years has been between 2 and 4% inflation. Thus it is natural for the market these days. But it is certainly not the numbers you need to inflate out of 17.5 trillion dollars of debt. Once you tell the world that your target inflation rate is 10%, then interest rates are going to spike massively, and you end up worse off than you were before. Then you need to target 15%… but then interest rates spike higher yet. it becomes a nice little cycle and until when it is all done, you have no idea where you are. It might end up a disgusting 1970′s stagnation devastation or weimer and zimbabwe. People are not just going to let you steal their money.

Even the extremely wishful casting Ryan plan was not going to get to deficit neutral until 2045.
I would run on the striking Social Security, medicare, Medicaid and Welfare from the federal budget, but certainly not the inflation aspect. That is just begging to lose.

Hey America! You Remember the 1970s? How would you love to repeat the inflation of that era or worse? I do not recall the 1970s being a period of growth or deficit reduction by the way…

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Japan has been trying to inflate itself out of recession for going on 20 years,

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Japan has been running a loose money (low interest rate) deficit spending policy since 1991. So longer than 20 years. It is considered an inflationary policy. Or a currency devaluation policy if you would rather call it that. Its intent is to fight deflation. So, yes, I do know what the concept means.
Back to the moron.

astonerii on August 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM

AH_C on August 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM

You do realize, that incorrectly using Reagan as your rebut, is actually MAKING THE CASE- by citing Reagan as a precedent- for ANOTHER ROMNEY candidacy in 2016 ! You do understand this, yes?
(Aside from the fact Mitt is still the only viable person for the job-he really doesn’t need to put his family through more years of BS from the Leftists)
And no, Reagan losing to Ford – the sitting PRESIDENT in ’76- is not the equivalent to any of those clowns in the primary that lost to Romney. Those guys were truly the JV.
Even Herb understands, Desperation excludes objectivity.

FlaMurph on August 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Bungled

Schadenfreude on August 27, 2014 at 4:27 PM

The Wire? Really? We’re taking our cues from the Wire now ? God help us…….
What, were there no Mitt bashing stories on Huffington?
Good grief Charlie Brown.

FlaMurph on August 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Yeah, of the targeted “2%” range. I think the 2% is a liars number.

They don’t calculate energy or food so it is a liars number.

~

-V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM

The target rate would be in the higher end of normal 3-5% and that would be offset with lower taxes and energy savings if we were to drill and frack so peoples purchasing power would not take that big a hit. We could get out of this to a + 20% gdp debt within about 15 years provided we can sustain growth without causing any serious market bubbles. Because the curve would be steeper at the other end the whole thing could be gone in 25-27 years.
The dream would be to have a balanced budget amendment to the constitution that pegs spending at a percentage of GDP, that would end modern liberalism because people would actually have to pay for big government in real time and world realize right quick that the private sector can do almost anything better, faster, cheaper and more efficient. That is my wish for the country, go ahead and lobby against it.

but then interest rates spike higher yet.

If we are paying down our debt the need to raise interest rates wont be there, there will be no need to pay a premium to borrow because we wont be borrowing.

It was a start but it was still garbage. Why haven’t you been whining about that guy like a stuck pig?

Thanks Google!
That’s different than “inflating your way out of recession”.

Its intent is to fight deflation

It’s original intent was to stimulate the economy after a housing bubble burst so they borrowed money and dumped it into the economy hoping for magic to happen, without addressing any of the underlying, systemic problems that caused the bubble to begin with and the only thing that it caused is a debt that is over 200% of gdp and economic stagnation ever since. The stupid mistakes that they made were repeated on an even stupider scale at the end of the Bush administration and now with the volume on 11 by Obama who followed his academic dogma down the same rathole that they did. After almost an identical problem we applied the same failed solution with the same failed result. I was yelling about this at the top of my lungs back then too. Hope and change was going to make it all better.

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 11:16 PM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM

If he runs I will campaign for Hillary. Because, “what difference does it make?”

conservativeBC on August 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM

conservativeBC on August 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Well, if we apply the mythical ‘Buckley Rule’ proposed by the Roveists and other Republocrats, then Hillary would be the most conservative candidate that can win

Brock Robamney on August 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM

( conservativeBC ) writes:
If Mitt Romney runs I will campaign for Hillary.
Because, “what difference does it make?”

Hillary Clinton & Bill Clinton
They have major obstacles on their way to 2016:

The Clinton-era ROOTS of the FINANCIAL CRISIS

Affordable-housing goals established in the 1990s
led to a massive increase in risky, subprime mortgages.
Seldom has such a radical proposal
been so ignored during a campaign only to later
lead to such devastating consequences.

The Brass Standard — Bill CLINTON Master Politician
Many People STOPPED making MORTGAGE payments

………………………………………………………..

About those Policies that got us into This Mess

www. BLOOMBERG.com/news/print/2012-09-12/about-those-policies-that-got-us-into-this-mess-caroline-baum.html

Perspicacious writes on August 1, 2014

Romney is better than any candidate out there.

America royally screwed up last election,
not only for how BAD Obama is,
but for how GOOD Romney is.

www. WhiteHouseDossier.com
Gov. Rick Perry:
Illegals Committed 3,000 Murders in Five Years

www. whitehousedossier.com/2014/07/24/perry-illegals-committed-3k-murders-years/

The Fed is prepared to PAY considerable amounts
of INTEREST to commercial banks to DISCOURAGE
them from making private sector LOANS.

WARNING that near-zero interest rates may be
FUELING asset BUBBLES while diverting FUNDS
away from productive long-term INVESTMENT

www. ZeroHEDGE.com
www. RealClearPOLITICS.com

Global HAWK on August 28, 2014 at 9:02 AM

________________________________________

By turn it around I mean
put the country in a more conservative direction,

one that will clean up the debt
and restore our strength and economic growth.

That is what I am after.
V7_Sport on August 27, 2014

JOBS and the Economy Gov. Romnney’s EXPERTISE:

Ascendant Mitt Romney
Today America need LEADERSHIP attuned to
the REVITALIZATION of USA companies and opportunities.

Back in the 1980s, Bain Capital under
Mitt Romney was a spearhead of a massive national
movement of CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING.

The HIGH TAX RATES of the inflationary 1970s had
FORCED a deadening SIEGE of conglomeration
and corporate BLOAT and resulted in a catastrophic
60 % DECLINE in the REAL VALUE of corporate EQUITY.

This was the era of palatial new Corporate headquarters,
jet fleets, and lavish entertainment budgets
all serving INCOHERENT JUMBLES of
unrelated COMPANIES that had EQUITY worth less
than the sum of their parts.

Corporations often had either to SPLURGE or MERGE
to AVOID a suffocating CONFISCATION of PROFITS
through the interplay of INFLATION with
exalted TAX GOUGES, which could rise to
EFFECTIVE RATES above 100 % of real returns.

Conglomerates ARTFULLY COMBINED companies
nursing LOSSES with companies harvesting PROFITS,
thereby MUTING the impact of the DEADLY TAX REGIME.

But Ronald Reagan’s counter-inflationary supply-side
TAX policies, coupled with Paul Volcker’s
monetary contraction, made these
MORBID COMBINES DYSFUNCTIONAL.

They had to be dismantled and REORGANIZED for
a LOW-TAX, LOW-INFLATION regime,
kicking and screaming all the way,
and Mitt Romney was a KEY LEADER on the case.

This RESTRUCTURING campaign radically INCREASED
the VALUE of the ASSETS of USA Business.

The economic effects of a general RESTRUCTURING
that RELEASES CAPITAL for better uses, more jobs,
and higher VALUATIONS all across the economy.

Bain Capital successfully invest in entire companies,
which resulted in SHARP INCREASES in capital expenditures,
R & D, employment, and share value.
………………………………………………………
The American Spectator

www. ZeroHEDGE.com
www. RealClearPOLITICS.com

Global HAWK on August 28, 2014 at 9:03 AM

If we apply the mythical ‘Buckley Rule’,
then Hillary would be the most conservative
candidate that can win

Brock Robamney writes on August 28, 2014

Hillary Clinton is GUILTY by Association to Bill Clinton:

The Clinton-era ROOTS of the FINANCIAL CRISIS

Affordable-housing goals established in the 1990s
led to a massive increase in risky, subprime mortgages.
Seldom has such a radical proposal
been so ignored during a campaign only to later
lead to such devastating consequences.

The Brass Standard — Bill CLINTON Master Politician
Many People STOPPED making MORTGAGE payments

………………………………………………………..

Pavlich: “Hillary Clinton is America’s most famous Enabler of Abusive and Powerful Men”

Hillary Clinton once defended a man
who raped a 12-year-old girl.
The audio tapes reveal her laughing
while discussing the case. Egregiously,
Hillary Clinton went on to accuse the
young girl of being “unstable” and
desiring relationships with older men.

http: //townhall.com/tipsheet/townhallcomstaff/2014/08/26/pavlich-hillary-clinton-is-americas-most-famous-enabler-of-abusive-and-powerful-men-n1883463

www. WhiteHouseDossier.com

Hillary Clinton blamed Bill’s sex ADDICTION on
the abuse he suffered as a child by his mother

Hillary: Bill Clinton was Abused by His Mother
Hillary Clinton claimed Bill Clinton’s sex mania
resulted from ABUSE he suffered from his mother,
Virginia Kelley, as a child.

www. ZeroHEDGE.com
www. RealClearPOLITICS.com
www. RealClearMARKETS.com

Global HAWK on August 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Hugh Hewitt Interviews Mitt Romney:
What Will It Take For You To Run In 2016?

Romney Opens the Door

Mitt Romney Tuesday opened the door to
a possible third run for president, saying that
while he’s not running now and doesn’t plan
to seek office, “circumstances can change.”

Had I believed I would actually be best positioned
to beat Hillary Clinton, then I would be running.

________________________________________

Romney says his reason for passing on another
run is not that he does not want it.
“I’d love to run for president.
I loved running for president,” he said.

Instead, Romney says the reason is that
someone else has a better chance.

“Had I believed I would actually be best positioned to
beat Hillary Clinton, then I would be running,” Romney said.

http: //thehill.com/homenews/campaign/216124-could-romney-run

Rep. Paul Ryan said he would be
a big backer of Mitt Romney if he were
to make another run for the White House.

“I’d drive his bus if he asked me to,” Ryan,
who ran alongside Romney for vice president in 2012.

Ryan said that he believed that
a lot of voters now had “buyer’s remorse”
about giving Obama a second term.

The Madness of 2008
America is suddenly angry at the laxity,
incompetence, and polarizing politics of
the Obama administration

Mitt Romney On 2016

www. hughhewitt.com/mitt-romney-2016
www. ZeroHEDGE.com
www. RealClearPOLITICS.com
www. RealClearMARKETS.com

Global HAWK on August 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Name the one single person you support that would go along with a balanced budget amendment?
What was the one thing I said would make me unconditionally wholeheartedly throw my support behind a Romney campaign?
Remember the first debate? Remember what I considered the best line he had? It is immoral to be deficit spending like we are and piling this debt onto the shoulders of our children?
Remember that? What happened to that?
If Romney would have would have went deep into supporting the Cut Cap and Balance amendment in the general election, I think he could have won it then. I sure as hell would have round up as many people, more than I ever rounded up before, to get to the polls and vote for Romney. He supported it in 2011. Then in 2012 when Gingrich supported it during the primary season he derided Gingrich saying that cutting spending would destroy the economy.
You are right. That is what we SHOULD do. But there is not a single person on your list of people who would do it. It takes power away from themselves. They crave power. The people you support are power hungry. That is why I do not support them. They are not conservatives. They would do every thing possible to prevent exactly this from happening. Ever. Just like Boehner sabotaged the government shut down. He started it for the express purpose of damaging conservatism. The EXPRESS PURPOSE OF DAMAGING FISCAL RESTRAINT CONSERVATISM. You support him. You think we need him. He damages what you claim to support.

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Thanks Google!
That’s different than “inflating your way out of recession”.

Its intent is to fight deflation

V7_Sport on August 27, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Complaining about Ryan? I complain when he is in the news. He has been keeping his head low for a while now.
Loose money deficit spending is an inflation based policy. It is intended to increase the money out there chasing resources. Are you seriously saying it is not an inflation based policy? It just is not based on trying to get out of debt… For obvious reasons… Which you seem to be too ignorant to understand.
Well, we will never know if you were yelling about it back then or not, will we, you are not searchable past December 2011. Obama is only at the same volume level that Bush was on. Bush set the new do something standard of just under a trillion dollars. Obama has pretty much stuck to that limit.

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM

V7_sport, I think part of your problem. If you are in fact just a normal run of the mill person who does care about the country. Is that you do not understand human nature as well as you need to.

Here is one part that makes your support of the people you support completely at odds of the outcomes of what you claim you want.

Pournelle’s Iron Law of Bureaucracy states that in any bureaucratic organization there will be two kinds of people”:

First, there will be those who are devoted to the goals of the organization. Examples are dedicated classroom teachers in an educational bureaucracy, many of the engineers and launch technicians and scientists at NASA, even some agricultural scientists and advisors in the former Soviet Union collective farming administration.

Secondly, there will be those dedicated to the organization itself. Examples are many of the administrators in the education system, many professors of education, many teachers union officials, much of the NASA headquarters staff, etc.

The Iron Law states that in every case the second group will gain and keep control of the organization. It will write the rules, and control promotions within the organization.

Consider me the person who is devoted to the goals.
Consider you the person who is devoted to the orginization.

We are not allies. Your only goal is to promote the party. My only goal is to promote the goals the party is supposed to represent. Because people like you have so completely taken over the party since around 1999, after the Reagan/Gingrich revolutions began fixing many of the problems that occurred previously, the party is no longer interested in pursuing the goals that it is intended to pursue. Now its only goal it to empower itself. Not to represent We the People who elect it into power. Hence why I will no longer work to blindly work to elect it into power. I will work to elect individuals who are of the first type. I will not work to elect and will in fact work to block the election of people of the second type if they are not conservative in their hearts.

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Noah Rothman ‏@NoahCRothman 1m

Nothing like Russia initiating a ground war in Europe to remember how MSNBC smugly mocked Mitt Romney http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rothman-msnbcs-most-embarrassing-mockery-of-romneys-russia-warnings/

Bmore on August 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM

conservativeBC on August 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Brock Robamney on August 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Amazingly enough, you found another democrat you want to support.

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 5:02 PM

You walked right into this one…

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (R) said Wednesday that he supports a pledge put forth by some congressional Republicans and conservative groups calling for significant spending cuts and caps as well as a balanced-budget amendment to the Constitution

Provide a link.

You are right.

What? What was that?

You are right.

Sorry, did you say something?

You are right.

That you?

It’s our job as patriotic Americans to make them, not to sit back and watch it all burn but to make them do the right thing. That starts by getting people in who are force-able. Elizabeth Warren is not going to be made to do any of this. Even a binbo like Scott Brown could be forced to do the right thing. the only GOp senator left that has shown herself to be useless in a pinch is Susan Collins. Arlen Specter is roasting with Hitler, Chafee is screwing up Rhode Island, Olympia Snowe quit. In that sense the purge worked.

The people you support are power hungry.

Do you still believe that anyone who would become a politician is of sterling character? Stop with that. Get that out of your head. Seriously, except for a few brief periods it’s been this way since Cicero, probably before him.

Just like Boehner sabotaged the government shut down.

It was a stupid stunt and it was playing into the democrats hands with the help of the state run media. We should have a BUDGET, not continuing spending resolutions. We haven’t had one because of Harry Reid.

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Said the person who needs the perfect candidate and can’t accept that politics may involve not getting everything you want.

Pournelle’s Iron Law of B states…..

Yeah.. compelling that…
Why is a supposed Marine so willing to roll over for bureaucrats, pajama-boys and media snots? You claim to be so courageous when you are just rationalizing bending over and letting them have their way.

Consider me the person who is devoted to the goals.
Consider you the person who is devoted to the orginization.

Goals… bringing down the dollar and economic collapse because that’s completely inevitable. I’ve shown you how it isn’t inevitable, now you are looking for another way to rationalize your “goals”. This one isn’t working.

We are not allies.

We’ve established that.

Your only goal is to promote the party

My goal is to save the country and the GOP is a tool to do that, you are out to wreck the best available tool.

My only goal is to promote the goals the party is supposed to represent

By burning the country down. By bringing on economic collapse. By advocating that the right lay down in the face of socialists. If that’s your actual objective your strategy is not going to get you to it.

Oh well, see what happens when you don’t get off your a$s? The riff-raff move in.

Bull. You have no involvement at all. Have you ever been to a platform meeting? Are you even a member?

Hence why I will no longer work to blindly work…

LOL, excuses, excuses.

I will work to elect individuals who are of the first type.

Jesus is just around the corner, maybe that will get you off your ass. Until then, losing elections to socialists out of supposed conservative principles is STILL stupid.

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM

…………………………………………………………………..
Gov. Mitt Romney says:
In this country, we want someone
WHO CAN help others BECOME SUCCESSFUL.

HILLARY CLINTON: You are a POLITICAL
COLLATERAL DAMAGE of Bill CLINTON

HILLARY CLINTON:
You did NOT made the HARD CHOICE
to PROTECT your FRIEND Brooksley Born:
_________________________________________

What are you trying to PROTECT ?
_________________________________________

BROOKSLEY BORN, CFTC Chair, 1996 – 1999:
We’re trying to PROTECT the MONEY of the American public.
_________________________________________

Long before the Economic MELTDOWN, the story of
one WOMAN who tried to WARN about
the THREAT to the FINANCIAL System.

Before the TOXIC assets POISONED the Economy,
she WARNED of their DANGER.

_________________________________________

Derivatives, in essence, are INSURANCE policies
that various players on Wall Street enter into
to protect themselves from unforeseen calamities.

It was a $27 Trillion-Market happening out of sight,
inside a BLACK BOX.

BROOKSLEY BORN: We didn’t truly know the DANGERS
in the MARKET because it was a DARK MARKET.
There was no transparency.

And that’s what frightened Born more than anything,

TRILLIONS of dollars and the biggest banks
in the country OPERATING in SECRET.

If something went terribly wrong, the
high-stakes DERIVATIVES Market

could TAKE DOWN the entire FINANCIAL SYSTEM.
____________________________________________

As the market grew and morphed,
Born felt her agency would have to get involved,

but that would mean confronting Alan Greenspan, BOB RUBIN and Summers.

___________________________________________

Brooksley Born was contemplating
the regulation of O-T-C DERIVATIVES.

The pushback is visceral and immediate, and
that’s one of the striking things about this.

BANKERS just fall over themselves CALLING Larry Summers and
Bob Rubin and Alan Greenspan and everybody, saying,

“Get this LADY off our backs.”

But the harder they pushed, the more interested Born became.

BROOKSLEY BORN:

They were totally opposed to it. That puzzled me.

You know, what was it that was in this market
that had to be HIDDEN ?

Why did it have to be a completely DARK MARKET ?

So it made me very SUSPICIOUS and TROUBLED.

Born was taking the first steps toward REGULATING
OTC DERIVATIVES,

designing a document known as a “concept release.”

Born told her staff to publish the concept release.

In response, Bob Rubin acted, calling an emergency
meeting of the working group. The response of
the working group was immediate and unprecedented.

_________________________________________

LEADERS of Bill CLINTON’s FINANCIAL Team:
Bob Rubin and Alan Greenspan and Larry Summers.

They beat up Brooksley Born and kick her out from her job;

and they build up a FRANKENSTEIN Wall Street.

ECONOMIC CRASH & FINANCIAL CRISIS of 2008 was inevitable.

_________________________________________

WALL STREET build up a DOOMSDAY MACHINE

The Clinton-era ROOTS of the FINANCIAL CRISIS

…………………………………………………

The inside story of the global financial crisis.

www. PBS.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/money-power-wall-street

Alan Greenspan, Brooksley Born, and The Warning.

_________________________________________

Global HAWK on August 28, 2014 at 6:26 PM

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM

It is our job to make politicians do things?
How do you do it?

V7_sport’s answer? Give them your vote for free and then A pen and a phone. Same as Obama’s I guess.

My answer is use my vote as the power it is meant to be. If they want power, they have to earn my vote to get into power. To earn my vote they do what I want. They have to credibly convince me they believe in what I believe so they can represent me. They then have to actually represent me in government through actions to retain my vote into the future.

V7_sport’s answer is to give his vote away. If they want power, they have to put an (R) after their name on a ballot. That Earns his vote. Then he will call them or something and tell them do what he wants. While he does this other people call the same politicians and tell them that in order to earn their votes, which gets or keeps them in office, they have to actually accomplish things for them instead of just having an (R) after their names.

Now ask yourselves this… Who is the politician going to listen to? Who is offering them something of value they otherwise would not get? V7_sport who they are guaranteed to get his vote? Or the other person who has a vote up for sale? So, which direction does the Politician move? Towards V7_sport or towards the person who has a vote up for sale?

Think it through. I know this is a hard one. I mean, we have been having this discussion for months now, and v7_sport still does not get it. He still thinks that giving his vote away for free totally is going to change the behavior of the politician towards v7_sports “conservative” goals. Do you guys believe that? Do you think that is how you salvage the Republican party for conservatism? Or do you think that is how you ensure the party continues to move towards progressivism?

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Who would you vote for president if they really were on the ballot like this?
Ronald Reagan (D)
Barack Obama (R)

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM

It is our job to make politicians do things?
How do you do it?

As I’ve written to you a million times, you -work- to make it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right things. You start this by electing people who you can persuade. Funny how you alternately tell me that “I don’t understand human nature” and then imply that that’s cynical… either way, THAT works, I know because I’ve watched the left do it year after year.

My answer is use my vote as the power it is meant to be

Which translates into this:

astonerii on February 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I vote Obama if the only other choice on the ballot is Romney.
astonerii on October 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM

You can b!tch and moan all you want about how unfair it is….
astonerii on January 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM

astonerii on March 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

astonerii on February 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I would vote Obama just to shut people like you up.
astonerii on November 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

astonerii on July 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM

That’s not “use your vote as the power it is meant to be” it’s giving power to people who you know will make a mess because you know they will make a mess ad you have acknowledged that that is EXACTLY your strategy.

V7_sport’s answer is to give his vote away.

My answer has always been: Vote for the most conservative electable candidate and work to hold them accountable.

So when all else fails, as your arguments here have, you fall back on lying. Like I wrote, you have no honor and that’s why you have no problem with working for the worst for this country, even if it means supporting the likes of Obama.

Now ask yourselves this

Who are you preaching this sermon to? LOL. Hopefully if they have gotten to this point they will have seen that you have insisted that the country is financially doomed and when confronted with the fact that it can be turned around all you can do is stubbornly lie about my position as cover for the FACT that you have deliberately worked for and rooted for the financial collapse of the USA to teach people a lesson or something. (It’s called treason)

astonerii on June 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

The sooner the better I say.
astonerii on July 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

They move in the direction you push them. You live in imaginary land where all you have to do is vote for the perfect person and then everything will be done just as they think you want it done. It’s infantile. Nothing works that way. You have to keep at them. The right doesn’t. We jut hand power to the left.

Who are you preaching to? It’s hilarious how self important you are for someone who doesn’t understand what inflation is.

This is STILL a lie. You can’t still not get it so you must be lying at this point.

. Do you guys believe that?

Who? The socks? Your cadre of “let it burn” idiots? The OFA trolls? Who are you begging for a lifeline here? If there is someone else reading this, look upthread and read his economic illiteracy and the next time someone says “let it burn” referring to the country call them the fool that they are. Conservatives are patriots, at worst we die on our feet, not on our couch.

Who would you vote for president if they really were on the ballot like this?
Ronald Reagan (D)
Barack Obama (R)

I’de vote for Reagan, (even in his current condition) and in that contest we would finally get to see you support the republican candidate.

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM

I do not see how you can claim that. That hurts the PARTY. You are nothing but the PARTY. Everything is about the party, this one and only specific election.

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I support the most conservative, electable candidate and I work to hold them accountable.
You are just being deliberately obtuse here, your argument that collapse is inevitable therefore we should bring it on is in tatters. Knowing that; the whole “bring on the collapse to teach the country a lesson” BS is nothing more than self indulgent preening, showing off for the echo chamber.
Some online slaps on the back from idiots, mobys and socks are really worth selling the country out for?
Aren’t Marines supposed to be better than this?

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Everything is about the party, this one and only specific election.

astonerii on August 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

…and getting Harry Reid out of the majority leadership is not only worth it but a necessity for the country to move forward.

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM

You are damn right I will vote for Hillary over Mitt Romney, because at the end of the day they are both big government liberals. And after what they did in Mississippi, it should be clear to everyone that they are every bit as big an enemy to conservatism as any democrat.

They are never getting my vote again.

“But, but, but – the judges, the judges — they will appoint liberal judges!!”

Who the h&ll gave us Obamacare? JOHN ROBERTS! Who appointed him?

Look it up if you don’t know

conservativeBC on August 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM

They = (establishment GOP)

conservativeBC on August 28, 2014 at 11:55 PM

You are damn right I will vote for Hillary over Mitt Romney,
conservativeBC on August 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Because conservatives vote for clintons…

V7_Sport on August 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM

V7_Sport on August 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Because Harry Reid is what is wrong with America right now. Just like Obama is what is wrong with America right now. As if the people who make these politicians not only possible but highly likely are not going to turn around and put similar people back in charge. In fact, here you are trying to do it on our side. A continuous slide toward progressivism. Just exactly how Conservative is Mitch crush the tea party McConnell?Yeah yeah, he is better than Reid. But, and here is the big problem with your argument. By rewarding the Republican party, you tell them that progressive is the direction they should go.

astonerii on August 29, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Because conservatives vote for clintons…

V7_Sport on August 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Because conservatives vote for race baiters like Cochran.
Because conservatives vote for politicians who ask the Democrats to put them over the top, like Cochran.
Because conservatives vote for politicians who attack them, like McConnell.
Because conservatives vote for politicians that grow the size of government.
Because conservatives vote for politicians who push forward legislation for amnesty to socialists.

All in the name of conservatism.

He can try and say otherwise. But that is his way. Give away his vote to ANYONE ON THE BALLOT WITH (R). Expect them to listen to him instead of people who have votes that come with conditions.

astonerii on August 29, 2014 at 8:52 AM