Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews?

posted at 9:21 am on August 21, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama’s statement on the beheading of James Foley got mixed reviews yesterday, but perhaps tellingly not on MSNBC’s Hardball. Neither Chris Matthews nor Huffington Post’s Howard Fineman appeared too impressed with the anodyne reference to “justice” in the context of the videotaped beheading of an American journalist, but Matthews sounded positively offended by Obama’s vague statement. Let’s just say that Matthews wasn’t feeling any tingles as he demanded that Obama take action rather than allow terrorists to attack Americans with “impunity!” (via Newsbusters):

MATTHEWS: I don’t know why he used the word ‘justice.’ It’s not appropriate here. This is an attack on our country, we have to react to it. This is a national, er, our country versus this group that has declared war on us.

FINEMAN: Well, Chris –

MATTHEWS: What’s justice mean in this con– I don’t know why the word’s used, like we’re going to go to the World Court with this?

FINEMAN: Well, especially since he had previously in that same statement basically depicted them as a, as killers who, cold-blooded killers who deserve no quarter.

MATTHEWS: They’re all in this!

FINEMAN: Yeah, I think he also said they don’t belong in the 21st century –

MATTHEWS: All the ISIL crowd belong –

FINEMAN: — or that they don’t belong in any century. But the question is, Chris, and some of our people at the Huffington Post have been looking into this, there’s a school of thought that says, ‘Obviously, this is exactly what ISIL wants.’ They want to engage us, they want us to attack. Their whole strategy, their whole theory is to push our buttons in a way that we commit –

MATTHEWS: Well, then we’re going to help them out.

FINEMAN: Well, that’s, that’s, that’s the concern, and that’s the conundrum [crosstalk] that the President has right now.

MATTHEWS: The American people — that’s what I’ve been saying, Andrea [Mitchell], for a long time now. No American president can survive if he lets Iran get nuclear weapons, and no American president can survive if he lets Americans be beheaded on international television with impunity. Impunity! He has to strike back, as an American, it’s in our soul!

Matthews may be thinking about two other hostage crises in our past in drawing that conclusion. There was a long stretch in the 1980s when Hezbollah, acting on orders from Iran, abducted Americans and held them for years. Ronald Reagan’s administration ended up trying to cut a secret deal to swap arms for the hostages and wound up dealing with the Iran-Contra scandal. Jimmy Carter had a much more severe hostage crisis with Iran directly, one that (like this one) included a failed military rescue attempt, and for which Iran suffered no penalties other than the economic sanctions. We’ve seen hostage crises corrode two American presidencies based on a lack of action, and neither of those involved videotaped beheadings and taunting, although Hezbollah did execute one hostage by hanging.

Matthews isn’t the only one worried that Obama isn’t taking this seriously. His former deputy director at the CIA, Mike Morell, tells CBS that the White House is greatly underestimating the necessity of direct action and commitment needed to end the ISIS threat:

The U.S. military mission in Iraq is narrowly focused on helping displaced Iraqis by flying in humanitarian aid, and protecting U.S. interests in the country — not on targeting ISIS leadership.

That, says Morell, is not enough. He argues the relatively “small leadership” of the group must become the focus, along with reclaiming territory those leaders now control, and “that means capturing or killing them.”

Morell explains that under current White House policy in order to take lethal action against any individual terror suspect, that person must be a member of a named terrorist organization (ISIS meets this requirement), and they must pose a direct threat — and capture cannot be an option.

“I don’t know if they (Obama administration) have made that determination or not,” said Morell.

The former CIA insider says the only way to effectively combat ISIS, which has re-branded itself simply the “Islamic State,” is to bolster Iraq’s own military force — which literally ran away in many instances from the Sunni extremists as they spread from Syria into north and west Iraq earlier this summer, and to get better intelligence on the leaders’ movements.

Morell also rebuked the White House for leaking the rescue effort. The Obama administration seems ill prepared to deal with this in every conceivable way.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Matthews is 100% correct – a moment of clarity

jake-the-goose on August 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Ya think, DiNozzo?!

redzap on August 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Just another day in the Obama era.

Bitter Clinger on August 21, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Wow, preaching to the fracking choir. We need to turn that region into a very quiet place for the next 1,000 years. They would notice that.

HomeoftheBrave on August 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Poor tingles

cmsinaz on August 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM

All I want to know is what have you done with Chris Matthews and who is that guy wearing a Chris Matthews suit?

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:32 AM

“This is an attack on our country, we have to react to it. “

Matthews is right, but, we’re talking about obama – and he could care less.

Black thug killed in the commission of a violent crime, by a white police officer – NATIONAL EMERGENCY!

White American slaughtered by ‘death cult of islam’ – “FORE!”

Pork-Chop on August 21, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Hard Ball soon to be cancelled…

djl130 on August 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

And it still irritates me this guy (the loser in the White House) has a lower golf handicap than I do. Of course I have a job and am expected to work, so I guess there’s that. I’d like to think if I were retired, I’d play that well also.

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Stay tuned. Chrissy will have an entirely different take once he gets off the phone with his mom Valerie Jarrett.

Rational Thought on August 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Why do we need to worry about these guys? I was told this was the JV squad that we are dealing with.

tommer74 on August 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I don’t think Obama should have made any comment about it. You don’t want to give these people the satisfaction that their actions can make you react. Now he has to have a press conference after every beheading and there might be lots of them. They’ll say he surrendered if he doesn’t do this.

Buddahpundit on August 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Awwww, has the dream died, Ting Ting? Not feeling so secure any longer?

Welcome to hell, population: All Of US. We’ll make room for you over here between the unemployed guy and the grieving Foley family, and you get a great view of the counter on the wall with the rapidly spinning numbers which keeps track of our national debt.

Bishop on August 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM

That whole Matthews/Fineman transaction had as much substance as that between typical middle-school girls texting.

I’m having a hard time understanding this whole Foley thing on its own merit. Here we have a high-value target (a journalist) mingling with the enemy and he gets killed.

This is the casus belli for a just war?

And we want to whip up support from a people far more interested in sharing videos of themselves dumping ice water on their own heads?

It takes a serious country, with serious leaders and serious population to take on ISIS. There are none of those things on this planet anymore.

Maranatha

Reuben Hick on August 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Turn the whole region to glass. Then install solar panels. Problem solved.

bsinc1962 on August 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM

MATTHEWS: The American people — that’s what I’ve been saying, Andrea [Mitchell], for a long time now. No American president can survive if he lets Iran get nuclear weapons, and no American president can survive if he lets Americans be beheaded on international television with impunity. Impunity! He has to strike back, as an American, it’s in our soul!

Why would Obama strike back? Was there any retribution(other than against Republicans) over what happened in Benghazi? Has anything happened in the aftermath of that commercial airliner that was shot down?

Doughboy on August 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Since the media’s blind reflex to protect Teh First Black Won is diminishing, its interesting to note the occasional moments of clarity among his most egregious sycophants.

Had this crisis with ISIS emerged early in Obama’s presidency, it is conceivable there would have been enough competent military and State Dept people still in positions of authority to help The Hapless craft a workable response.

Now, after 6 years, I’m afraid anyone even remotely close to advising the president has been replaced with ideological purists and political groupies.

The Administration has, literally, run all the adults out, staffed the White House with teenagers, locked the doors and quit answering the phone.

There is very little chance anything to do with war-making will end well for us at this time.

Dolce Far Niente on August 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Honestly, I’m a little confused why people are making such a big deal about James Foley’s murder. The ISIL have killed thousands of civilians; many through means much more creative than beheading. Why all the attention on this one man?

I suppose media types are upset because Foley was one of them (a cooler, better looking version of them), but why should they suddenly expect the president to act differently?

Mahna Mahna on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

What the muzzies need is a doomsday clock. That is something they would understand. Have a press conference and announce in exactly two weeks Mecca and Medina will be vaporized and will cease to exist. Call on the Arab countries to relocate everyone in the area as we know and they know they are powerless to resist. Let them know this is step one and other cities will be targeted and annihilated until the murderous death cult known as Islam renounces their stated goal of world domination.

Think that will get their attention ?

DeweyWins on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Check out today’s NY Daily News front page. This man truly does not give a shit about our country. At least Carter did.

Agent of the Cross on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

If it was a black reporter killed by ISIS would there be protests in Ferguson Washington D.C.?

albill on August 21, 2014 at 9:41 AM

On the other hand, he just drained a twelve footer to save bogey.

Ted Torgerson on August 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Foley was a photo journalist. The media take it serious when their own get killed.

myiq2xu on August 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Why is it that not only Matthews but all the media have suddenly gotten their collective shorts in a knot about what is happening in Iraq? Why are they just now showing alarm at a beheading?
OH! that’s right this time it’s one of the elite class that is a victim.
When it was just the plebiscite it didn’t call for much attention but now that a “journalist” is the victim they are all squawking and screaming.
They make me want to puke.

oldernwiser on August 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Well, I suspect, even without knowing a thing about you, that you don’t cheat at golf.

So there’s that…

JohnGalt23 on August 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Lest we forget, apparently it was the JV team that outsmarted our military planners. And I always thought the Globetrotters beat the Generals…who knew?

Thank you for that Mr. Obama. We military members, both current and former, thank you for this.

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Wonder what type of threats ISIS is putting out regarding the upcoming September eleventh?

albill on August 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

In light of Obama’s “Golf War”, I will never regard the statement “staying on course” as anything other than a golfing metaphor for disinterest.

ss396 on August 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Thousands of people are brutally murdered by these ‘people’, but let just one journalist suffer the same fate and everyone loses their minds.

Tingles will be back in form when the Midol kicks in.

Tard on August 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Should have strafed em.

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM

FORE!

Good Lt on August 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Agent of the Cross on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Are you referring to the headline: Bam’s Golf War?

esr1951 on August 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM

+1 dolce

cmsinaz on August 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Just be thankful you don’t have his mental handicap, which is why you hold a job that requires some semblance of skill.

crrr6 on August 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM

This is the casus belli for a just war?

Reuben Hick on August 21, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Using his murder, and the threat of murder of another American, to blackmail US foreign policy makers?

Yeah. I’d say that constitutes casus belli

JohnGalt23 on August 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM

0b00ba will handle this as soon as he’s done purging the military of officers.

Akzed on August 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Sorry, I no longer endure clips on MSLSD that involve Andrea
Mitchell..she’s just too ugly to look at….

ToddPA on August 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM

The Obama administration seems ill prepared to deal with this REALITY in every conceivable way.

FIFY

oldleprechaun on August 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM

This is different because our guys made an effort to rescue Foley, and the ISIS savages know it, they know we spent a crapload of money and risked our best soldiers to get him back.

They know that Dog Eater was directly involved in approving the rescue, that’s why they made the vid, not just to shock Americans but to rub it in the preznit’s face that they hacked the head from the guy Dog Eater tried to rescue.

Bishop on August 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM

The only reason Chrissie is having the vapors is that Foley was a reporter. Like him.

Matthews can see himself in that position, which boils down to letting his personal romancing of all things anti-American get him in over his head with savages. Unlike Foley, who was there to get the facts, Chrissie would be there fawning. And he’s just realized that his personal commitment to all things primitive and nihilistic would count for exactly squat with this bunch.

Incidentally, Chrissie blathering about what is and isn’t “American” hits some sort of high point for the bizarre. If we’re to blame for All Evil In The Universe, how can our “doing anything” make it any better?

Fineman sticks to the progressive line. There is nothing we can do that won’t “inflame the situation”. (Short of nuking Israel and then nuking ourselves, that is.) He doesn’t quite dare come out and say that Foley “had it coming” for being an American, but he’s clearly thinking exactly that.

If I want advice on strategy or tactics from a “journalist”, I’ll email Ralph Peters. I sure as hell won’t ask Matthews or Fineman.

clear ether

eon

eon on August 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

My golf game is a sad parody of the real thing, and we have more fun testing the performance limits of the golf carts than actually playing the game.

Take heart, probably everything else you do in life is done better than Dog Eater.

Bishop on August 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

The thrill is gone
The thrill is gone away
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong baby
And you’ll be sorry someday

The thrill is gone
It’s gone away from me
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away from me
Although I’ll still live on
But so lonely I’ll be

The thrill is gone
It’s gone away for good
Oh, the thrill is gone baby
Baby its gone away for good
Someday I know I’ll be over it all baby
Just like I know a man should

You know I’m free, free now baby
I’m free from your spell
I’m free, free now
I’m free from your spell
And now that it’s over
All I can do is wish you well

HumpBot Salvation on August 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Retweeted by David Burge
Jim Treacher ‏@jtLOL 3m

And yet, here they are. MT @WhiteHouse “One thing we can all agree on is that a group like ISIL has no place in the 21st century.”

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Bishop on August 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

MarshFox asked me to relay a message to you.

Tell Bishop that when coolrepublica says redneck, he means poor white trash, like me, or shorebilly if you prefer.

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM

What a wonderful video to start my day. Did you see Andrea when Crissy said “Well, then we’re going to help them out.”?

She had to take off her glasses as if to hide her being incensed at his remark.

Classic.

Walter L. Newton on August 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM

He expects an un-American president to do this?

BuckeyeSam on August 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM

He has to strike back, as an American, it’s in our soul!

It’s in our soul, Chrissy, but it’s not in Obama’s. He is not American. And I’m not referring to his place of birth. Obama is not American in his sensibilities. He is the son of an America-hating mother and a Kenyan communist father. He grew up dreaming of becoming Prime Minister of Indonesia, not President of the United States. Obama spent most of his pre-presidency life marinating in a toxic stew of racist, pro-Muslim, anti-American propaganda. Yet whenever anyone suggested that a person of Obama’s background might not be the best person to become President of the United States (and Commander-in-Chief of our military forces), we were derided as racists and xenophobes and “birther” kooks.

AZCoyote on August 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM

According to coolrepublica, we actually let her into our country legally, if that alone doesn’t tell you how screwed up our immigration policy is, then nothing will. She should crawl back to whatever hellhole she came from.

oscarwilde on August 21, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Great job Tingles! Glad to see that you finally appreciate the threat that Islam poses to the world. Just think, if you and the rest of the left wing nut jobs had this revelation a few years ago, maybe we would still have a presence in Iraq, and would have been in a position to put a stop to the ISIS threat before it even started.

HarryBackside on August 21, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I’d like to think if I were retired, I’d play that well also.

USNCVN on August 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM

doubtful. I’m betting he makes ample use of his foot wedge to keep his scores down.

chasdal on August 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Obama Semi-retired president not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder…

Galtian on August 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Paper Front Page.

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Agreed with Matthews. The “law enforcement” language is disturbing, both here and in the UK. They keep calling the Brit jihadist a murderer, as if by locating this one guy will neutralize the threat. Obviously, dangerously WRONG. Matthews has it right. This isn’t about one reporter, it’s about a totalitarian group which won’t rest until it’s eradicated entirely, here and abroad.

An aside: I wonder where the open borders advocates are now? They’d probably still find some way to blame Bush if it’s found that ISIS crossed our southern border and nuked an American city.

Bee on August 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM

She had to take off her glasses as if to hide her being incensed at his remark.

Classic.

Walter L. Newton on August 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I disagree. Andrea’s pretty old. She doesn’t need the “smart girl” glasses to give her authority. I don’t watch her much, but I’ve never seen her on camera with glasses. I think she was belatedly cued that she was back on the Brady Bunch screens. That’s why she sheepishly removed the glasses that she was using to read some material on the desk in front of her. She wasn’t incensed. She was being vain.

BuckeyeSam on August 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Who cares what Chrissy Matthews has to say about anything? Seriously.

It would be better just to ignore this moron.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on August 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Who cares what Chrissy Matthews has to say about anything? Seriously.

It would be better just to ignore this moron.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on August 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

How about we send Chrissy McTingles to interview the guy who butchered Foley…

oscarwilde on August 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews?

I don’t know what Matthews is talking about. Nothing says steely resolve more clearly than making a half-assed vague statement of condolence before (literally) rushing to the golf course.

Happy Nomad on August 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder

Obama is grasping at straws right now.

… Have a press conference and announce in exactly two weeks Mecca and Medina will be vaporized and will cease to exist.

Think that will get their attention ?

DeweyWins on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Yep.

bbordwell on August 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Well now! The real world according to Chrissy just got serious, ’cause some journalist lost his head.

Bout time!

De Oppresso Liber on August 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM

How about we send Chrissy McTingles to interview the guy who butchered Foley…

oscarwilde on August 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Now, that’s an idea I can support. Well done!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on August 21, 2014 at 10:09 AM

What’s this “our” soul gibberish? Where was “our” soul on September 12, 2012?

Christien on August 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Who cares what Chrissy Matthews has to say about anything? Seriously.

It would be better just to ignore this moron.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on August 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Matthews is an early adopter among the MSM. It is time to shift from supporting a lazy stupid black man toward the day when America elects its very first birth canal. Matthews will soon begin extolling the virtues of “smart” females who can lead us out of the mediocrity of 200+ years of being led by males.

Happy Nomad on August 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Holy crap I agree with him. I feel dirty.

gophergirl on August 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

If terrorists leaders know they are going to die, not their “followers”, but the leaders…kidnapping and killing would be at a minimum…only a few extremists (if any) would sacrifice their head for the head of a captive.

But the leaders are immune, and they don’t care about their followers, any more than the dems care about “black plight”.

Every leader is a leader because they make others sacrifice for them…Reagan made it clear, the leaders will be killed, not the guys who captured our men, but the leaders.

Hence, only the “kamikaze” terrorists were left…just ask Kadafi(Quadafi, Gaddafi or whatever)…

right2bright on August 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Examine the Pants.
Casual with no sharp crease.
Not a good Preezie.

Anybody who suffered leg tingles or talked about pants creases back in 2008 should be disqualified from complaining about the President now. They made their beds, and we all have to lie in it. But having to listed to them all whine about it is just too damn much!

Haiku Guy on August 21, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Haiku Guy on August 21, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Put it in a Haiku or shut yer yap.

Bishop on August 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Retweeted by David Burge
Jim Treacher ‏@jtLOL 3m

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Sounds an awful lot like a clique of girls complaining about new kids at their middle school.

They don’t look like us, they don’t BELONG here! *stomps foot*”

Dolce Far Niente on August 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I bet ISIS would like to get their hands on some of those special forces guys who have been calling in the American airstrikes. These JTACs doubtless are protected by peshmerga, but I wonder who their reaction force is?

Viator on August 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Why doesn’t the west target the ISIS leaders?
Are they off-limits?

albill on August 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM

They don’t look like us, they don’t BELONG here! *stomps foot*”

Dolce Far Niente on August 21, 2014 at 10:29 AM

They are definitely going to be in a prominent spot in Barry’s burn book.

HumpBot Salvation on August 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Please remember that the MSM have begun to tell you the troof now so they can reserve the right to pick up on the lying for Hillary in 2016
It’s all a cheap dodge, so don’t fall for it. Just try to remember,
they HATE you!!

rik on August 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Bmore on August 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM

So there’s a definite racial component to it, just wanted to make sure because Cool Boy was lamenting all the racists here.

Bishop on August 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

No sh*t.

They are ill prepared for anything serious.

However, a rap session with Jay-Z at the White House or a golf game, now those they can get serious about.

txdoc on August 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Maybe he will appont Sheila Jackson Lee as special envoy to the caliphate to get things patched up and the other guy released.

txdoc on August 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM

OK, Chris is making a recovery from delusion.

Good questions to ask each other on MSNBC, but when is any journalist actually going to ask the president these same questions?

virgo on August 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Chrissy-poo is a warhawk when ‘news people’ are attacked, not so much when US Forces are attacked.

To use your own tactics Chrissy-poo; when are you going to enlist to fight?

GarandFan on August 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM

What we need is BB King, “Th’ tingle’s gone…”.

PS Astounding how all Airborne and gung ho the media gets when one of their own is murdered.

formwiz on August 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Obama is an Ally of ISIS. What else explains the growth of Islamic nations under Obama’s Presidency?

portlandon on August 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

The Media only gets it when something like this happens to one of their own. Then they finally start to get it. (Jeeze, that could have been me. Why are they such meanies?)

I’d be interested in his comments regarding Nick Berg’s death or the execution of Christians by ISIS. I’m betting he could have cared less. This event makes it more personal. Bummer that it wasn’t Matthews’ assignment instead of Foley’s.

NoPain on August 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Think that will get their attention ?

DeweyWins on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Don’t tell them about it. Do it.

8 weight on August 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I disagree. The focus should be on anyone and everyone who supports this small leadership. The objective here is to make sure the wider pubic never lets small leaderships like this gain power. The method of operation should be carpet-like with everyone supporting ISIS either directly by membership, harboring or supplying them or indirectly by not fighting or opposing them, getting the taste of MOABs and Daisy Cutters.

Dusty on August 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM

It is amazing how the media gets so excited for combat when of theirs walks into the middle of a war zone and gets whacked. In this case it is even worse, a infidel reporter roaming around the Land of the Ummah.

William Eaton on August 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I don’t know why he used the word ‘justice.’ It’s not appropriate here.

We’ll dumb a$$ you elected a Community Organizer and that’s what they do……..social Justice

Herb on August 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Dusty on August 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I agree with this. The CIA is what allowed ISIS to gain power in Syria in the first place by trying to pull off their Assad removal plan and instead they got a good old fashioned Sunni Jihad.

I don’t trust the CIA, not because of what stupid leftist say about them, but because they are not good at fighting wars, etc. They need to stick to foreign intelligence operations…which is their function, and stop trying to build armies and other strange plots.

William Eaton on August 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Is there anyway we can get Mathews sent over there? Beheading him would be an immediate improvement.

earlgrey on August 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Dusty on August 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM

This! When you kill a “leader” another takes his place. Kill all of them including the money men.

Vince on August 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Arab Spring- no response
Egypt uprising- send ‘em money
Ukraine- no response
Ysikis (sp?)- delayed response
Bengazi – no response
Marine held by Mexico- no response

So the impotent WH response to the beheading incites “outrageous outrage!!!11!!!” ?

These guys (lefties) are pitiful.

socalcon on August 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Did anyone see the interview with the parents of Foley? They said that revenge is not the answer and we should be compassionate. I am paraphrasing but they said the killers really believe in their cause and seemed to think that we should negotiate with them.

Vince on August 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Morell also rebuked the White House for leaking the rescue effort.

The Obama Doctrine: “If I have to come up to that bedroom one more time I’m going to bring my belt! Do you hear me?”

jbspry on August 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Impunity! He has to strike back, as an American, it’s in our soul!

Tingles — your head has been so firmly ensconced up his rear for so long you never figured out he hasn’t a clue how or inclination to take it to them.

He really believes in his heart that showing deference to these cavemen will win their appreciation.

Wrong man to do the job that needs to be done.

FireBlogger on August 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM

It isn’t that he doesn’t grasp the seriousness.

He does not care.

He’s on a vacation he feels entitled to enjoy to the fullest, most opulent manner possible and the world can go hang.

How obvious does he have to be? Does he have to flip us the finger on live TV?

Well he did that. Next?

I really believe he’s using drugs frequently and is also mentally ill.

If I’m right, it would explain a lot.

dogsoldier on August 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Vince on August 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Didn’t see that. I couldn’t bring myself to watch a media orgy of exploiting grieving parents. If what you say is true…

Then they are the archetypes of a civilization grown comfortable, fat and fearful. The fear of losing our internet service and our Royal Caribbean cruises and our imported kale and our health spa memberships and our Prius charging stations and our self-improvement sabbaticals in Ojai and the Dalles…in short, our fear of shattered illusions of a world that is orderly, neat and rational is so great that we are compelled to “understand” everyone, even the monsters who kill our own children.
If you cannot even muster some kind of dudgeon at the death of your own offspring, then you don’t deserve a future.

jbspry on August 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Chrissie has spent years not gasping the significance of Obama.

rplat on August 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM

MATTHEWS: All the ISIL crowd belong –

Notice how even while Matthews is rapping Obama’s knuckles, he converted to the name Obama now prefers, ‘ISIL’

I believe Obama is intentionally giving the group more stature by calling them the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant

Once Obama sent his little cue to the Middle East, his syncophants and useful idiots in the West faithfully submitted to the new meme

I think Obama was playing a power trip to see if the dogs would jump

entagor on August 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM

The fruck of the land and the world.

How the world deserves the fool.

Schadenfreude on August 21, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Mahna Mahna on August 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Foley was an American citizen put in front of a camera and brutally murdered in an effort to change US policy in Iraq.

How is that not a “big deal”?

Jack_Burton on August 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM

“The terrorists who killed Mr Foley were naughty.
“I don’t like it.
“We object.
“I won’t be taking questions today. Thank you.”
—Dear Leader, on his way to golf

Your Commander in Chief, ladies and gentlemen.

orangemtl on August 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM

What we need is BB King, “Th’ tingle’s gone…”.

formwiz on August 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hello, is this thing on?

HumpBot Salvation on August 21, 2014 at 9:51 AM