Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown

posted at 4:41 pm on August 20, 2014 by Allahpundit

The NYT reported this morning that law-enforcement sources say Wilson suffered an unspecified injury during his altercation with Brown. Fox News’s source is more specific: It was indeed an eye socket fracture, as Jim Hoft claimed yesterday.

Why’d it take 11 days for this to leak? No idea, but the conspicuous delay won’t do the cops any favors in getting skeptics to believe it. Nor, of course, will that cellphone video showing Wilson at the scene right after the shooting, in no obvious distress from having reportedly been beaten “severely.”

Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries, including an orbital (eye socket) fracture, and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department’s top brass told FoxNews.com.

“The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” said the insider. “He was beaten very severely.”…

“They ignored him and the officer started to get out of the car to tell them to move,” the source said. “They shoved him right back in, that’s when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face.

The source claims that there is “solid proof” that there was a struggle between Brown and Wilson for the policeman’s firearm, resulting in the gun going off – although it still remains unclear at this stage who pulled the trigger. Brown started to walk away according to the account, prompting Wilson to draw his gun and order him to freeze. Brown, the source said, raised his hands in the air, and turned around saying, “What, you’re going to shoot me?”

So there’s a theory that has Brown with his hands raised but not exactly in surrender mode. This account also very closely tracks the story “Josie” told Dana Loesch last week about what happened between Wilson and Brown, although Josie didn’t claim that Brown had badly injured Wilson, just that he had punched him. There’s something missing from this account too: The Times claims that “many” witnesses have told the police that Wilson fired at Brown while he was running away after the altercation, with his back to Wilson. (I’ve noticed that detail in some of the eyewitness accounts myself.) Was Wilson allowed to use deadly force to stop a suspect who’d just assaulted him but who was attempting to leave the scene and not apparently armed? Here’s what Missouri law says. Click the image to enlarge:

That might earn him an acquittal, but a statute that authorizes shooting people in the back to keep them from running away isn’t a statute that’s going to hold up well among the public once the media spotlight is on it.

Meanwhile, two vids that are making the rounds will show you what’s been happening in Ferguson over the past 24 hours. The first one shows an officer pointing his weapon at protesters and telling them “I will f***ing kill you– get back!” even though the guy with the camera claims he has his hands up. When the officer is asked for his name, he replies, “Go f*** yourself.” (Er, content warning on the clip, needless to say.) The second is of a woman turning out at a Ferguson protest to support Darren Wilson. We need to wait for all of the facts, she says, without explaining why she’d then take one side over the other before we have them. Erick Erickson wrote a few days ago that “Ferguson is not binary,” i.e. that it’s possible to be a law-and-order conservative who thinks Wilson is innocent until proven guilty while also thinking that Ferguson police are too aggressive and overly militarized. Ferguson shouldn’t be binary, I’d agree, but I’d bet some chunk of readers will watch the first clip and assume that there must, simply must, have been some threat to the officer off-camera to get him to behave that way, just as another chunk will watch the second clip and assume, Jay Nixon style, that this corrupt woman’s sticking up for a man who is, must, and can only be guilty of murder. Oh well.

Update: The cop in the first clip below has now reportedly been removed from duty.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Do you have any idea how long that has been the law?

It’s lawful for police to shoot a suspect fleeing the scene of a violent felony in virtually every jurisdiction in the country. In some places and in some circumstances it’s lawful for civilians to employ deadly force in that situation.

The fact is that violent felons pose a threat to the entire community. Stopping them (and taking them into custody if they survive) is necessary for the community’s protection in many cases. That doesn’t mean some judgment isn’t involved. But Brown had just committed a robbery and two assaults, one on a police officer that involved a struggle for the officer’s gun, which is another felony, attempted robbery, if anyone cares. At 6’4″ and 300 lbs, engaging in multiple felonies and acts of violence, even unarmed Brown posed a clear threat to the safety of the community and he had to be stopped. Shooting him as he fled would have been fully justified.

But that isn’t what happened.

novaculus on August 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

The little tyke Brown was on his way to college! And he was just going to grandma’s house! He was gonna be a pilot just like Trayvon!

Judge_Dredd on August 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Anyone who walks up and assaults ANYONE better damn well be prepared to get shot and killed.

Doughboy on August 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Gratis.

It takes a particularly dim bulb, however, to beat a police officer, since it’s fairly obvious he’s packing.

CurtZHP on August 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Man, the moving of the goalposts by the lib posters here is epic!

Rational Thought on August 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Happens frequently, no matter the topic.

slickwillie2001 on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I say we put a dome over this whole crazy town & leave it there for about a year….see what happens.

MichaelGabriel on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

In the new America no one is allowed to second guess the police Federal Government. They are never wrong.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:57 PM

FIFY, so you stop crying.

Meople on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

But I am more than happy to wait for the trial to hear why it was necessary to shoot him 6 times.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

What will you do if there won’t be a trial?

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I haven’t seen any official word on why he had to shoot him 6 times, but I suspect the officer didn’t use 45ACP.

45ACP – Because shooting twice is silly.

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:14 PM

LOL! I was thinking more along the line of suicide by cop.

Cindy Munford on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I can tell you that right, not that you’ll believe it since it doesn’t fit your story line. He got shot six times because he didn’t stop after the first five. How many bullets do you think fit in the magazine of that cops pistol?

Oldnuke on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Aquateen is missing.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

foolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

No, what is official is that Missouri has a state statute that allow a cop to use deadly force if they feel their life is in imminent danger.

But we all know that you Democrats can’t be bothered with Laws and such.

F-

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Raise your hands to me and I’ll put six in your chest … and have seven left over for your friends. If I see you raise your hands to a police officer and he doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to subdue you, I’ll put six in your chest, and have seven left over for your friends. If I see you raise your hands to anyone, and you don’t stop when I tell you to, you’re risking six to the chest, with seven left over for your friends.

Don’t like that attitude? Feel free to do what ever you think you have to … I certainly will.

M240H on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Because it took six shots to stop him?

You shoot until the person is no longer a threat. If you shoot 5 times and they’re still coming towards you, continue shooting.

Wendya on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Now most of them think they are in a Rambo movie. It you against them. They don’t need to feel intimidated to be butt holes. They just have to feel you are questioning their authoritah.
In the new America no one is allowed to second guess the police. They are never wrong.
coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Obviously, you have never seen “First Blood“…

Newtie and the Beauty on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I’m very pessimistic. I think if they can’t get him for murder, they will go after him for Civil Rights violations.

Cindy Munford on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

That coolrepubica sure is one mentally unstable, attention-whoring, dim bulb, ain’t he?

Probably the sort who would try punching out a cop and then look surprised when he’s wallowing in his own bodily fluids.

CurtZHP on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Approved.

Sacramento on August 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Lolz! Tweaking the comment has endless potential.

Bmore on August 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I wonder if earlgrey knows about these developments?

Bmore on August 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Tea Bag just speculated on the other thread that Wilson sustained the exploded eyeball socket before the incident took place. Implying that he went to work that day with a major facial injury!

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM

MichaelGabriel on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Fruit flies come to mind…

partsnlabor on August 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM

45ACP – Because shooting twice is silly.

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I seem to remember it was a 9mm Glock. Could be wrong about that though. Too many articles, blogs, TV segments etc. to really remember.

I’ll take the .45 every time.

Oldnuke on August 20, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Dear God, forgive me, but this thread makes me laugh.

Thank you for coolr – makes Capitalism at HA flourish.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Ugh. Wimpy little hipster whiny voices.

Blake on August 20, 2014 at 5:21 PM

45ACP – Because shooting twice is silly.

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Probably another PD which made the mistake of forcing every officer to carry the exact same pistol regardless of their expertise, size of their hands, ability to absorb recoil, etc.

I’m wondering if the bullets were round-nose Euro Pellets, because if they were hollowpoints of some sort the dude took a lot of hits; makes me think he must have been doped up or suffered from the same shock the officer was suffering.

Bishop on August 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM

CurtZHP on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

coolrepublica is probably AP trolling to get his posts going

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Aquateen is missing.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Good! No search party. Ok?

Oldnuke on August 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Aren’t those goalposts getting heavy?

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 20, 2014 at 5:16 PM

That’s what the dollies are for.

Axeman on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I see that. I offered to talk to him. He really should come over to this thread. Same topic for him.

Bmore on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Actually, the punishment for beating up a civilian is death.

Ask Trayvon Martin and Gorge Zimmerman.

sentinelrules on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Reality and ISIS crapped on Holder, the racist thug, and obama, the rod-less golfer.

Holder is a thug too now.
And people wonder why a great deal of people are saying that thug is the N word when some people say it.

Yes it is a statement. Please free NOT to tell me your BS answers as to why holder is a thug. I know why. I don’t need details.

But when people say they have a thug life in their rap songs here is what they mean.

thug
As Tupac defined it, a thug is someone who is going through struggles, has gone through struggles, and continues to live day by day with nothing for them. That person is a thug. and the life they are living is the thug life. A thug is NOT a gangster. Look up gangster and gangsta. Not even CLOSE, my friend.
“That boy ain’t a gangsta, fo’sho’. Look at how he walks, he’s a thug. life. That’s the saddest face I’ve seen in all my life as a teen.”

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Maybe the hosts put it on restriction after its disgusting attack on Hornet Sting and her husband.

Cindy Munford on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

No matter which piece I may or may not own goes on my waist, I don’t get more than 8 attempts, but at least with the 1911 I can crack your skull open without dusting my knuckles.

Bishop on August 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Make that cop homosexual, or minority, or a woman.

Them make Mike Brown White.

Why would I think your opinion would change?

portlandon on August 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Where have you been AP? The witnesses have said that Brown was walking away when Wilson ordered him to halt. Brown then turned around and charged Wilson. This is consistent with the autopsy report. The shots to Brown’s head would have happened as he was charging forward and falling at the same time. Wilson’s weapon was capable of firing 6 shots in 3 seconds.

What does this have to do with this case? Brown was not shot in the back. Surely you read the autopsy report.

I’m honestly amazed that you’re still talking about anyone being shot in the back at this point. Sean Davis’ tweet is from 5 days ago, prior to the autopsy report. Practically a lifetime in the arc of this story. Why did you even bring it up?

Missy on August 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Do we know if earlgrey is British?

Bmore on August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I think there should be a penalty for those who oppose the use of DEADLY FORCE on the part of someone who has been attacked, whether the attacker is armed or NOT.

listens2glenn on August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Allah is losing it. You can almost feel his disappointment that the cop may have been justified.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I am sure you forgot what country you live in , but here is a refresher MF. You live in America. This america has a constitution that says people have rights, even thugs, cockroaches, vermin, welfare queens, animals and clowns.

So I know your kind think that the fate of black men thugs and animals is to be caged because they are incapable of being among your kind the good people, but I dare to defer.

The cop had ever right to defend himself, but I have a feeling Michael was not longer a danger to him by the time he shot him in twice in the face.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

People have been killed or given life changing injuries with a violent racist practice some are still calling a game. That you can turn the fundamental right to preserve your own life into racism is just forehead slapping ironic. Are you thinking somehow my life is less important because I’m white? I do not care your color, if you even act like you’re going to strike me for no apparent reason, I’ll drop you like a bad habit. Promise.

Tough looking in the mirror and seeing the monster you fear isn’t it.

hawkdriver on August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM

As an 18 year old, all that Brown guy had to do was pay the $1 for the crappy cigars he was old enough to legally purchase and he’d still be alive.

Pro-choice.

rogerb on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Aquateen is missing.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Maybe his presentation went well and he got that greeter job at Wal-Mart.

“Welcome to Wal-Mart, you f*cking RASCIST PIGS!”

HumpBot Salvation on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

But, of course we know that Brown wasn’t shot in the back, so it’s immaterial.

We also know that “eye witnesses” claimed Brown was shot in the back; it’s impossible to shoot someone in the back unless they were at least facing away from the shooter, so it’s logical that the lying witnesses who claimed to see Brown get shot in the back would claim that he was shot at while running away.

Furthermore, if a 6′-4″ man was walking toward the officer with his arms raised -as some have alleged- when he was shot, that would mean the officer had to raise his weapon and aim for the raised arm. Four times, at least. On a moving target. Brown was big but his arm was pretty much the smallest target and an extremity to boot. With four hits.

Implausible. The arm shots (torso targeting) came as Brown was approaching the officer and turning his body as is instinctual when you know you’re being fired upon. Combat vets will back this up. The head shots came as Brown didn’t succumb, the second to the top of the head as he fell from the first.

It’s not hard to piece this together.

BKeyser on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

This america has a constitution that says people have rights,

foolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Including cops.

And America also has statutes that say the cops have a right to use deadly force against anyone who they think is putting their life, or someone else’s life, in imminent danger.

Gosh, you really have the intelligence of a typical Democrat voter for sure! Thanks for reminding us why O’bama lost the college graduate vote in 2012.

F-

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Because he wasn’t stopped with 5 silly.

Vince on August 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

So, your hero is Tupac, who assaulted numerous people, shot at cops and who committed sexual attacks on women.

Says a lot about you.

sentinelrules on August 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM

To all of those protesting what happened in Ferguson:

Why the silence on the execution of Dillon Taylor, a UNARMED, white man wearing earphones exiting a petrol station, by a Salt Lake City police officer, whose name has not been release and is only described as ‘Other Than White’?

Resist We Much on August 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Lest they not believe you.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I just read this story. If the cops don’t have a good reason for pulling the trigger (hard for them to say they saw a gun since he didn’t have one) this appears to be terrible decision-making of the cops and a much better candidate of murder by cops than Brown’s death.

UnstChem on August 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hey dumbass, show me one state law that prevents police from using deadly force to stop an aggravated assault on an officer.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM

The reason why Holder is there is to pressure the local Grand Jury.

Word’s gotten out that there may be no indictment or prosecution.

Can you say KABOOM? Yes, I knew you could. Someone needs to rein these animals in very soon – especially the commie’s from Chicago, NYC, Austin and Denver.

Key West Reader on August 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I guess it is official now. the punishment for beating up a cop is death.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I don’t have ANY problem with that being the lesson would-be assaulters/killers of police officers learn from all this. They SHOULD know that if they assault an officer, they have a very good chance of being shot and/or killed.

I’m not even an officer any more, just a law-abiding citizen, and I can tell you with absolute certainty, anyone that tries to beat me up is going to be catching some gunfire.

Meople on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Ferguson Protesters Chant “Time To Kill A Cop”

anotherJoe on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Pro-choice.

rogerb on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

They were $50

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

You sound upset. What does MF mean?

Yes, Gentle Mikey was no longer a threat after he was shot in the head. That’s kind of the point.

HumpBot Salvation on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Cindy Munford on August 20, 2014 at 5:19 PM

If they can get him on a civil charge, then it seems that the definition of “preponderance of evidence” has certainly changed.

They’ll get some expert into court who would say that 5.5 rounds is pushing it, but 6 is too many…Say, what’s coolrepublica going to be doing that day?

And, two in the head, who does Wilson think he is? John Polito in Miller’s Crossing?

Axeman on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

rogerb on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

But yeah, if he hadn’t stole them he probably wouldn’t have attacked the cop

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:29 PM

You can go back to sitting on the TV watching the couch now….
ToddPA on August 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM

That’s probably going to be the ONLY way that one will ever be *ahem!* on TV… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 20, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Y’all got to quit picking on CR. She has been traumatized by being stared at in Ala. for being black……

Barred on August 20, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Erick Erickson wrote a few days ago

Who cares what a GOPe mouthpiece who masquerades as a conservative says about Ferguson? His site, Red State has shamelessly had article after article condemning Officer Wilson and the Ferguson P.D. before the first fact was ever known. Red State, as one HA commenter so aptly stated, is a fart smelling club where everyone has to sniff the farts of the writers and mods are be banned from the site.

they lie on August 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Can anyone explain how a citizen would be treated under the law, if he were beaten and threatened with deadly harm and he killed the person beating him?

Would that person be arrested (for manslaughter)?

I honestly do not know.
I think officer Wilson, and any other police officer, should be treated just like the rest of us. No special treatment if you kill someone.

But I could be wrong. Please explain why.

Hendo on August 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Aquateen is missing.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Hungerfarce?

Ahhh. It’s a thug’s life.

Judge_Dredd on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

45ACP – Because shooting twice is silly.

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

I’ll take the .45 every time.

Oldnuke on August 20, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Someone here yesterday also posted that it was a Glock with a 12 shot magazine.

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Actually … you’ve already made up your mind as amply evidenced by your comments in the last few days.

But anyway, contrary to what people see in movies and on TV … people don’t usually keel over instantly when shot. In the case of people enraged … some continue their advance even with several rounds in them.

darwin on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Can’t people just stop with the lies already?

There are scans showing Wilson had an orbital fracture. This is bad and consitent with him being assaulted by Brown causing grievous bodily injury.

There is also video of him walking around after the shooting.

He is clearly not nearly unconscious.

This stupid hyperbole from both sides is counterproductive. Just tell the truth, the whole truth and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!

Stop embellishing-it’s making everything worse.

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Cripes, Allah its called Adrenalin!

Yikes, hasn’t *anyone* ever been in a fight?

BlaxPac on August 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Allah, the self-proclaimed Beta male would apparently crawl up into a fetal position after being beaten up.

melle1228 on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Oh, Tupac redefined “Thug” for us? Oh, I see. So, how convenient for you to assign all new words we might say that you infer are the N word. Just so you know, the word thug is pretty old. The description as it was originally coined fairly describes Mr. Brown and his actions that day.

thug

noun

1. a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

2. (sometimes initial capital letter) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

origin

thug

1810, “member of a gang of murderers and robbers in India who strangled their victims,” from Marathi thag, thak “cheat, swindler,” Hindi thag, perhaps from Skt. sthaga-s “cunning, fraudulent,” possibly from sthagayati “(he) covers, conceals,” from PIE base *(s)teg- “cover” (see stegosaurus ). Transferred sense of “ruffian, cutthroat” first recorded 1839. The more correct Indian name is phanseegur, and the activity was described in Eng. as far back as c.1665. Rigorously prosecuted by the British from 1831, they were driven from existence, but the process extended over the rest of the 19c.

hawkdriver on August 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Running from law enforcement is a bad idea! http://youtu.be/GYrxxkHM9Fw

Seth Halpern on August 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM

You sound upset. What does MF mean?

HumpBot Salvation on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Mon frere. ;)

Judge_Dredd on August 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM

If you look at most police sthat occur when there is a direct threat to an officer, 6 shots is minimal. Mike Brown got off easy. Too bad he didn’t lay there and suffer a while.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Yes, and jihad is just an internal struggle. Seriously, quoting Tupac is weak even for you.

F X Muldoon on August 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I hope they keep rioting. With any luck it’ll take them an hour bus ride to find a place to spend their ebt cards after all the businesses and middle class move out.

jhffmn on August 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

The deceased Mr. Brown was clearly a thug.

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

thug noun \ˈthəg\ : a violent criminal
Full Definition of THUG
: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster, tough
— thug·gery \ˈthə-g(ə-)rē\ noun
— thug·gish \ˈthə-gish\ adjective

Examples of THUG
He was beaten and robbed by street thugs.

Origin of THUG
Hindi & Urdu ṭhag, literally, thief
First Known Use: 1810
Related to THUG
Synonyms
bully, gangbanger, gangsta, gangster, goon, gorilla, hood, hooligan, mobster, mug, plug-ugly, punk, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian, hoodlum, tough, toughie (also toughy), yob [British], yobbo [British]

If you lefties want to say “thug” is racist – then you’re the one saying only a certain race of people meets this definition.

And you think WE’RE the racists….

dentarthurdent on August 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM

When I would travel in europe, I was always having guns pointed at me. I didn’t freak out about it but just took it as a sign I should leave the area or just keep going. This was in London, Paris, Milan, Rome, Venice. In the UK it was ak47 and italy they favored uzis.

Blake on August 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM

5% of all orbital fractures are ‘occult’- meaning they don’t present on initial examination. They manifest over time through symptoms that don’t go away, or new symptoms. So, there’s a decent change it didn’t ‘leak’ – because it simply wasn’t known before.

paladinofthelosthour on August 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Pro-choice.

rogerb on August 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM

They were $50

El_Terrible on August 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

60 in a box, so less than a buck apiece.

Mmm, $0.82 grape cigars.

rogerb on August 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I know! Very disappointing. Rumor, innuendo and witnesses parroting things they’ve heard on TV.

Vince on August 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Would that person be arrested (for manslaughter)?

I honestly do not know.

But I could be wrong. Please explain why.

Hendo on August 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Ask George Zimmerman. If you are within clearly within your rights and use deadly force in self defense then you should not have to go through the trauma and expense of a trial. It shouldn’t take a jury to ascertain whether you acted in self defense or not. If the cops can’t figure it out then why would a jury be able to?

Oldnuke on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Aquateen is missing.
Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Dare we hope the vacation is permanent?

Newtie and the Beauty on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

One Nut Tupac. I saw him once in a parking lot and he was seriously acting strange.

Blake on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Someone here yesterday also posted that it was a Glock with a 12 shot magazine.

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Does Glock even make something with less than a hundred round capacity anymore? :D

Seriously. This 9mm nonsense gets too many people killed. .38 Super should be minimum for cops.

Judge_Dredd on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Allow me to GROAN again.

You really should not opine on subjects about which you know nothing. When using deadly force, officers are trained to keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. According to witness accounts, Saint Michael the Ventilated finally fell 2 or 3 feet from Officer Wilson. Basic logic should tell you Brown was still charging through the 5th or 6th shot. Furthermore, 6 shots can be fired inside 1.5 seconds, which does not give the officer a lot of time to conduct wellness checks between shots.

Why, oh, why can we not get better trolls on this site?!

stvnscott on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Would that person be arrested (for manslaughter)?

I honestly do not know.

But I could be wrong. Please explain why.

Hendo on August 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM

George Zimmerman springs immediately to mind.

Depends on the state law, circumstances and very unfortunately, politics, if the case gets a lot of publicity.

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

and as far as ‘getting skeptics to believe it’ – they can jaw all day, but a broken orbit is not a matter of opinion on a CT scan. It’s either there, or it ain’t.

paladinofthelosthour on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

So what should the cop have done when Brown was rushing towards him aggressively after just having his eye socket shattered and struggling for control of his weapon? Please tell us.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 20, 2014 at 5:37 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on August 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM

It’s palpable.

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Am I missing something, I don’t read Allah’s story as being disappointed that the officer might have been justified?

Cindy Munford on August 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

From what we know so far, Brown was shot while charging at Wilson, not while he was running away. Plus, ONCE AGAIN, ALLAHPUNDIT, there was no way for Wilson to know whether or nor Brown was armed with a weapon. Seriously, like the worst of the worst, liberal-media talking heads, YOU keep pushing the “unarmed” descriptor – when you know full well that Wilson couldn’t have known that Brown was unarmed. It really is ridiculous.

One more time – Brown WAS NOT SHOT IN THE BACK. The ‘authorization’ to shoot a suspect in the back, will not be used to defend Wilson, because it has absolutely nothing to do with what happened.

Pork-Chop on August 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

A number of rino bloggers are going with the same meme as AP. Again, I wonder if it is a coordinated effort, akin to the lefty journalista crap.

Blake on August 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Allow me to GROAN again.

You really should not opine on subjects about which you know nothing.
stvnscott on August 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM

So in other words, just abt everything.

Judge_Dredd on August 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

That’s what the dollies are for.
Axeman on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Methinks the dim bulb believes that dollies are for playing with, rather than those that have a more utilitarian purpose… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on August 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I don’t think the scans being shown are the actual scans of this specific officer but a file of what they injury looks like

Cindy Munford on August 20, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Holder is a thug too now.

foolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

If you didn’t have the IQ of a piece of lawn furniture, you would know immediately that the dictionary definition of the word “thug” makes absolutely no mention of blacks.

It does mention a band of professional assassins by that name formerly active in northern India. Now, that could be considered “racist”, but since the dictionary definition as I said never once mentions blacks, you’re busted yet again by your own abject stupidity.

As for Holder, his words and actions over the past 6+ years prove that he has no interest in Justice for All, only justice for certain people. See the very first case he passed on prosecuting, namely the Philadelphia voter intimidation case. He has also referred to a certain race as “my people”, which is a direct implication that some people are more equal than others, and has directly admitted that he has an activist agenda as Attorney General, which is not in the legal description of his job, which is to treat everyone as legal equals. He hasn’t done so.

F-

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2014 at 5:41 PM

hawkdriver on August 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Could also be from ‘Tuggari’ IIRC, highway robbers and murderers who used tuggars (garrots) to kill their victims. I believe they worshiped Kali, goddess of destruction.

partsnlabor on August 20, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Like a media lynching, perhaps?

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Holder is a thug too now.

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:23 PM

“now” is the key word. He was always one, hon.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Yet he wasn’t shot in the back, so it’s gonna hold up just fine. Wilson’s good with the law per sections (2)(a) and (2)(c).

Stoic Patriot on August 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

coolrepublica on August 20, 2014 at 5:09 PM

*points and laughs*

Racist, losing your cool as your preconceived absolute truths about this case disintegrate in front of your very eyes – and every syllable of bullshit that you spat at everyone here continues to simply turn to dust, humiliating you further with every word.

F*ck you.

Midas on August 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Holder was a thug loooong before he became AG, the ultimate irony in the USA of today.

Schadenfreude on August 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Can’t people just stop with the lies already?

There is also video of him walking around after the shooting.

He is clearly not nearly unconscious.

Stop embellishing-it’s making everything worse.

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I first saw the headline that Wilson was beat almost unconscious. All I know is that when I received a hard blow to the head at 14 that literally made me see stars and everything went black momentarily, I was still conscious enough to walk 100 yards back home.

UnstChem on August 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Trust the Midas touch

Judge_Dredd on August 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM

CurtZHP on August 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Or possibly someone stoned and stupid.

talkingpoints on August 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Blake on August 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Yeah, and with the macro “gay marriage ban” that we saw so frequently, I’m wondering if there is some conservative news-site where I can go.

Axeman on August 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM