Video: The day John McCain did the robot

posted at 8:31 pm on August 19, 2014 by Allahpundit

I have dreams like this sometimes after I eat a lot of spicy food before bed.

And the award for M.V.P. of the Hamptons 2014 summer season unequivocally goes to the performer Jamie Foxx. He once again turned a fundraiser for the Apollo Theater at Ronald Perelman’s home into the party of the summer…

At a particularly raucous point in his set, he called up New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie —a weekend guest of Mr. Perelman’s friend Jon Bon Jovi—to show off his moves…

And Mr. Christie gamely hopped up to crunk with Mr. Foxx and his band…

“Mr. McCain, you want to get up and show us something? Come on everyone, ‘McCain! McCain! McCain!’ ” Mr. Foxx shouted enthusiastically. And then Mr. McCain got up and did a little bit of the robot dance.

Usually the dream ends in horror, either with my teeth falling out or Rick from “The Walking Dead” showing up and talking to me about “stuff” and “things” for four hours. But now that I’ve seen this video, I know how the next one’s going to end. And then the one after that, and then the one after that, and so on. Forever.

And you know what the most horrifying, dreamlike, freakishly unnatural part is? The old guy actually moves pretty well.

Comments

Clown.

BKeyser on August 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Maybe it’s just that the joints don’t work.

formwiz on August 19, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Let him dance… back home and away from Washington.

Warner Todd Huston on August 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM

This should be played when McCain loses his 2016 primary instead of humpbot.

Mark1971 on August 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Holding your hands like you’re doing a comical karate chop doesn’t mean you’re doing the “robot”.

ButterflyDragon on August 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I still will never vote for him ever again

Conservative4Ever on August 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM

He kind of already moves that way anyway because of his injuries.

Mark1971 on August 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Aizen on August 19, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Now that is the white man’s overbite

sammypants on August 19, 2014 at 8:37 PM

oh why.

independent76 on August 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM

The old guy actually moves pretty well.

He could team up with Dick Van Dyke.

whatcat on August 19, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Dear Arizona,
There is much to admire about you. Your independence of spirit, your willingness to to stand up to powerful forces to speak your mind despite the ridicule directed at you by the liberal left.
Having said that, why do you insist upon hoisting this buffoon upon the rest of the country. Again! Take him back, stick him in Sun City, no electronics for a year, and he must submit to a gag in his mouth during daylight hours, except while eating or brushing his teeth.

A former resident who loved my life while there,
Breakn70

ncjetsfan on August 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Funny how the narrative has changed in only a few weeks..

If this site isn’t posting about Ferguson, MO – they’re talking about the Middle East or John McCain breakdancing…

Whatever happened to the thousands crossing the borders every month?

No longer a story here I guess ?

Kinda figures ..

celt on August 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM

[grabs Emetrol...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I have dreams like this sometimes after I eat a lot of spicy food before bed.

Ha! Good one.

tominsd on August 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I’d prefer seeing him do The Danse Macabre

ShainS on August 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM

* What the..? *
I flushed twice and this thread is still here…

ROCnPhilly on August 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM

[grabs Listerine and an ear syringe...sets flow rate to "Whitewater Rapids"...should be at "Babbling Brook" in about 15 minutes..."Stillwater Creek" about five minutes after that...]

Could be worse…could be one of Geraldine’s *ahem!* bathroom selfies… o_O

[resets flow rate to "Niagara Falls"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM

He should go on dancing with the stars. What’s one more shoot down?

I detest this bastard.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM

JOHN McCAIN 2016!

Right? I mean, obviously, the black folks love him.

Maybe Rand Paul should try doing ‘The Robot’ – he’s desperate to win the ‘black vote’, and he’s tried everything else (and, so far, hasn’t won over a single black voter).

Pork-Chop on August 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM

The really sad part: That Jamie Foxx would actually hang around with faux people like that.

paulsur on August 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Dance music for ya: Come get it bae

;-)

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 8:50 PM

[grabs another case of Listerine...continues mind flush...]

Newtie and the Beauty on August 19, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I tried making a comment with a Youtube vid in relation to old guys dancing and when I realized this guy’s name kept triggering the HA word filter, I actually LOLed.

whatcat on August 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Me dancing lol

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Missing in Action part 8- Chuck Norris goes on a special mission to put McCcain back in a bamboo cage.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Remember when Rush did some fist-pumping at a beauty pageant?

Moonbat_One on August 19, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Arizona, I’m begging you, can you put this guy down already?

WhatSlushfund on August 19, 2014 at 9:03 PM

The beheading video is now the second worst thing I watched today.

Chuck Schick on August 19, 2014 at 9:03 PM

This is a guy who practically campaigned for his opponent in 2008.

WhatSlushfund on August 19, 2014 at 9:06 PM

1. That’s not the robot, that’s just dancing with his hands positioned weird.

2. If you are walking around in 2014, probably shouldn’t try to do the robot. Alas, Sen. McCain likely believes this is 1978.

3. Videos like these are good. They justify the fact that I never dance.

Gingotts on August 19, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Speaking of McCain’s and dancing……I this is a Meghan McCain music video….(warning a couple of cuss words)

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM

If I liked McCain this would be another palette cleanser…since I can’t abide him, it’s just another annoying video of McCain.

FYI….Chris Christie is also at this event and got up to dance. esh

CoffeeLover on August 19, 2014 at 9:13 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Lol. C’mon, you have to admit you had that one pre-prepared.

WhatSlushfund on August 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Made me chuckle …

ShainS on August 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM

What, couldn’t find any grass growing or paint drying to report on? You had to resort to posting crap about a mummified hypocrite.

Sad.

Diluculo on August 19, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Funny how the narrative has changed in only a few weeks..

Whatever happened to the thousands crossing the borders every month?

No longer a story here I guess ?

Kinda figures ..

celt on August 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM

How about, when you have your own site, you can pick the stories.

m/k

Thanks.

Bigbullets on August 19, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Build the Damn Fence!

trs on August 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Lol. C’mon, you have to admit you had that one pre-prepared.

WhatSlushfund on August 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM

LOL. I think the singer even sorta looks like her.

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

LOL…looks more like Mike Meyers doing the Sprockets dance.

ddrintn on August 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

me dancing lol terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM

No offense, but a month back you were b!tching about someone talking about your personal intel, and here you are laying it out there, again.

You are pretty cute, though.

Do you really want to ,ink to your utube channel here?

Fine. Don’t b!tch about being out there in tbe ether.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Fine. Don’t b!tch about being out there in tbe ether.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 9:28 PM

They posted my work information jerk, which I never disclose. Would you like it if someone posted your work location?

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:30 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM

She totally does. It’s really not a bad song (if one is in to that kind of thing). But I don’t want to give JM any ideas. Euch.

It does raise a larger issue though. Ever since Obama won the 2008 elections, there seems to have been an obsession among Republicans to present themselves as ‘young and hip.’

Bad move.

This is a big part of the civil war right now. Why Republicans seemed to have such a crisis of confidence as a result of that election is beyond me.

WhatSlushfund on August 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Are we sure this isn’t a JibJab video with McCain’s head pasted on the body of someone else?

JetBoy on August 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Actually I like the fact that the GOP potential presidential candidates are younger (Rubio, Paul, Jindal). I think that will be a positive. I know it is superficial but voters seem to like younger candidates.

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Me dancing lol

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Way to redefine the definition of “dancing” there ;)

JetBoy on August 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Way to redefine the definition of “dancing” there ;)

JetBoy on August 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM

lol

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM

posted my work information jerk, which I never disclose. Would you like it if someone posted your work location? terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:30 PM

You posted enough for them to find that.

Alt did the same thing.

Be careful.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 9:44 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I think the underlying problem WhatSlushfund might have in mind is with them trying to act cool and hip. It’s like Bob Hope dressing up as Fonzie. It’s campy – people laugh at them, not with them and it serves no political end.

whatcat on August 19, 2014 at 9:47 PM

whatcat on August 19, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I think McCain is acting. But I don’t think someone like Rubio is acting “young”. I believe him when he says he likes rap music. He’s in 40s and rap music was just becoming popular when he was a teen.

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Another strike against Rubio in 2016.

Bitter Clinger on August 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Another strike against Rubio in 2016.

Bitter Clinger on August 19, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Not for me! Love rap music.

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I really don’t think that’ll help him with anyone, including black people. And actually, it’s a bit racist in a way to assume it would. It’s like somebody saying they like tacos to show they’re down with the “dreamers”. (But Rubio’s already super-pandered to that demo)

I think it can be just as endearing to show that you’re not a part of whatever passing pop culture meme du jour, I remember Reagan joking about how someone described PacMan to him as “a round little guy that eats up millions in quarters” and he thought they were talking about Tip O’Neal.
No Gangham Style was needed.

whatcat on August 19, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Terry,, you think there’s a difference between the cuban experience of the 1950”s. And what’s going on now?

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Who said anything about race? We were talking about youth. I don’t know if you know this but rap music is pretty popular with young people of ALL races. Jay Z and Beyonce aren’t billionaires because only black people buy their music.

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM

What are you talking about?

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I’ll leave it at that.. most will understand.

Funny how socialist can’t see socialism..

Like some blind spot.

But you are cute. In the one dance video, could see your belly button.

You linked it.

wolly4321 on August 19, 2014 at 10:27 PM

That wasn’t the robot. He was having a stroke.

Cladinator on August 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Speaking of that lovely couple (/sarc), I saw on the cover of People at the checkout stand that they may be getting a divorce. I’ll bet Obama is heartbroken.

Bitter Clinger on August 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I’m surprised they lasted as long as they did.

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 11:09 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Meh. Awhile ago it would have been trying to please the Alanis Morrisette fans. Before that the Madonna fans. You could go back to Davy Jones or Bobby Sherman. Or Rudy Vallee.

It’s better if a person can be themselves, a rock in the endless changing stream of pop memes instead of trying to be tragically hip. Not worrying about being all things to all people at all times. In the end it’s as another, late, heartthrob star du jour sang: “You can’t please everyone, so you got to please yourself.”

whatcat on August 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Why do republicans always think they have to “play the fool”, and be accepted by the left?

Sad…